PDA

View Full Version : Ron where are you

Hibees1973
03-01-2023, 06:08 PM
......in darkest Peru.

Isn't it about time Ron rocks back to Edinburgh and gets a hold of this club that he owns.

At a time when we need leaders, there have certainly been none on the park recently, Ron really has to front up and show the necessary balls to get the ship afloat.

He has got to show some humility and accept the mistakes made and state what he is going to do to put things right. No more waffle, no more spouting recruitment has been fantastic. We need honesty from him.

If he cannot do this or come up with a clear and coherent plan, he has got to announce that he is open to offers for someone to buy the club due to him being unable to get a decent team on the park. Things are progressively getting worse. We will end up back in the Championship at this rate.

Johnson's quotes since yesterday have pointed to an unprofessional approach to the footballing part of the club, the most important part. Namely recruitment. I want Johnson gone due to a couple of ridiculous team decisions yesterday, but to be fair to him, he has shone a light on things we have all suspected have not been right.

chippy
03-01-2023, 06:14 PM
......in darkest Peru.

Isn't it about time Ron rocks back to Edinburgh and gets a hold of this club that he owns.

At a time when we need leaders, there have certainly been none on the park recently, Ron really has to front up and show the necessary balls to get the ship afloat.

He has got to show some humility and accept the mistakes made and state what he is going to do to put things right. No more waffle, no more spouting recruitment has been fantastic. We need honesty from him.

If he cannot do this or come up with a clear and coherent plan, he has got to announce that he is open to offers for someone to buy the club due to him being unable to get a decent team on the park. Things are progressively getting worse. We will end up back in the Championship at this rate.

Johnson's quotes since yesterday have pointed to an unprofessional approach to the footballing part of the club, the most important part. Namely recruitment. I want Johnson gone due to a couple of ridiculous team decisions yesterday, but to be fair to him, he has shone a light on things we have all suspected have not been right.
If he want to sell, offer a deal to HSL. If HSL doubled its membership to say 4000, maybe we could pay him back over 5 years at say £1 million per year. Isnt that how FoH got Hearts from Budgie?

PaulSmith
03-01-2023, 06:22 PM
If he want to sell, offer a deal to HSL. If HSL doubled its membership to say 4000, maybe we could pay him back over 5 years at say £1 million per year. Isnt that how FoH got Hearts from Budgie?

There are far more fans that would rather moan about Hibs 24/7 than actually put in £10 a month to make things better.

bigwheel
03-01-2023, 06:22 PM

He’d want 3 times that for Hibs…..tbh. We don’t have the fan support that Hearts had, and have largely retained. If he wants to sell, it is likely to be to another foreign investor. That’s where the money is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waxy
03-01-2023, 06:47 PM
......in darkest Peru.

We need to get a proper Hibs person dealing with recruitment.

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2023, 06:54 PM
We must be due an AGM sometime soon. Should be fun

Scotty Leither
03-01-2023, 07:31 PM
If he’s wanting the amount being banded about we’ll be waiting a looong time for any new owner…The best thing the club could do is BUY three established players that go straight in the first team and detail our bloated recruitment team to UNrecruit the likes of Mckirdy, Kenneh, Fish, Mackay, etc in jig time to partly finance the new acquisitions.

Dinnae wait until we’re papped out the Cup, dae it now and try and build some goodwill back up with the supporters and while we’re at it maybe stick it to the cardigan wearers in a big game for once.

In short, bin the social media for 5 minutes and show a bit intent that matches the fans’ aspirations.

FilipinoHibs
03-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Why would any Foreign investor want to buy Hibs? Our potential is Europa league or the conference version, hardly a big money spinner. We can't compete with the old firm which would require a huge spend and size of our support and stadium maxs out our revenue. Ron in the summer was looking at investing in a business venture in LA, I was looking at for a business associate. Then he was keen to sell Hibs but could find no buyers

chippy
03-01-2023, 09:41 PM
He’d want 3 times that for Hibs…..tbh. We don’t have the fan support that Hearts had, and have largely retained. If he wants to sell, it is likely to be to another foreign investor. That’s where the money is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you know he wants £15 million? He got us for £6million

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2023, 10:14 PM
There are far more fans that would rather moan about Hibs 24/7 than actually put in £10 a month to make things better.

thats where I’m at - the vehicle has been there to invest yet squabbling and obtuseness prevented a push despite several attempts by the volunteers from what I can make out. Folks either can’t, won’t or are apathetic towards investing because [insert excuses here] and that’s fine I just wish folks would stop pretending they’re waiting on some set of circumstances to materialise.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2023, 10:16 PM
Paul Kane is usually good for a quote around a new owner in these moments…

Smartie
03-01-2023, 10:18 PM
Why would any Foreign investor want to buy Hibs? Our potential is Europa league or the conference version, hardly a big money spinner. We can't compete with the old firm which would require a huge spend and size of our support and stadium maxs out our revenue. Ron in the summer was looking at investing in a business venture in LA, I was looking at for a business associate. Then he was keen to sell Hibs but could find no buyers

I could only see anyone wanting to buy us if they could pick us up on the cheap, which doesn't really sit with Ron's ideas for himself.

So I reckon we'll be stuck with him for a bit yet.

JimBHibees
04-01-2023, 07:00 AM
Pretty poor comment, mate.

Pretty accurate though

flash
04-01-2023, 07:01 AM
I could only see anyone wanting to buy us if they could pick us up on the cheap, which doesn't really sit with Ron's ideas for himself.

So I reckon we'll be stuck with him for a bit yet.

Here's hoping in my opinion he will get it right eventually.

Trinity Hibee
04-01-2023, 07:03 AM

Aye, cause the fans haven’t put enough money into the club already with season ticket money. Get a grip man

Allant1981
04-01-2023, 07:21 AM

Why, its true

Stubbsy90+2
04-01-2023, 07:30 AM

If I put in £10 a month just now, where does it go?

CL0762
04-01-2023, 08:10 AM
How do you know he wants £15 million? He got us for £6million

From his own mouth. He said on Graham Spiers podcast he wants to turn a 2 or 3 times profit when he eventually sells up.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2023, 08:17 AM
From his own mouth. He said on Graham Spiers podcast he wants to turn a 2 or 3 times profit when he eventually sells up.

That would be when the business has fulfilled more of its potential than it has to date.

Stubbsy90+2
04-01-2023, 08:20 AM
That would be when the business has fulfilled more of its potential than it has to date.

I’d be interested to know how much potential he thinks Hibs have in that case.

Jones28
04-01-2023, 08:22 AM

Paul Kanes a slaver and has a massive part to play in how relatively poor the uptake was for HSL.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2023, 08:24 AM
I’d be interested to know how much potential he thinks Hibs have in that case.

More than has been achieved, no?

Consistent higher league placing, cup income, income from Europe, regular player sales .

theonlywayisup
04-01-2023, 08:28 AM
Paul Kanes a slaver and has a massive part to play in how relatively poor the uptake was for HSL.

Really!!!!

:kettle:

Daniel 1875
04-01-2023, 08:35 AM
If I put in £10 a month just now, where does it go?

If you’re talking in relation to HSL, it stays with HSL for the future purchase of shares and/or use as members decide.

GordonHFC
04-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Sacking people by text is a disgraceful way of conducting business.

Brightside
04-01-2023, 09:56 AM
......in darkest Peru.

How often did you hear from STF? Get used to it. This will be the norm moving forward. Ben K will be running the club.

H18 SFR
04-01-2023, 10:00 AM

I agree with this, I remember my dad and uncle who I expected to be really up for contributing heavily discussing their concerns.

SickBoy32
04-01-2023, 10:03 AM
Sacking people by text is a disgraceful way of conducting business.

Could you elaborate on this please ?

CL0762
04-01-2023, 10:11 AM

Supposedly Kevin Harper revealed it on co-comms on Monday.

Willis1875
04-01-2023, 10:11 AM

Kevin Harper was informed by text that his scouting services are no longer required

Billy Whizz
04-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Kevin Harper was informed by text that his scouting services are no longer required

From whom

Willis1875
04-01-2023, 10:18 AM
From whom

I don’t know he didn’t elaborate

SickBoy32
04-01-2023, 10:21 AM

Ouch, that's a shocker from RG and does nothing to garner goodwill for him or his clueless bairn

His stewardship has long since turned into a bad dream, get out of our club and away an try your 'player trading games' elsewhere

Greenworld
04-01-2023, 10:24 AM
If he want to sell, offer a deal to HSL. If HSL doubled its membership to say 4000, maybe we could pay him back over 5 years at say £1 million per year. Isnt that how FoH got Hearts from Budgie?That's never going to happen how about he just changes the recruitment to the manager . The manager picks the players . Ben k goes and tries to get the player . Then there's is no doubting whose team it is through good times or bad

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

BoyledEgg
04-01-2023, 11:44 AM

Kevin Harper said on commentary that he was relieved of his scouting duties at Hibs via text message.

chippy
04-01-2023, 11:46 AM
Kevin Harper said on commentary that he was relieved of his scouting duties at Hibs via text message.
Appears to be they are burning the house down. Does Ron and son now actively hate us?

Winston Ingram
04-01-2023, 11:50 AM

We'd probably get a group of Phannies dressed up as monkies driving around Edinburgh in a billboard truck complaining about giving money to millionaires

Ozyhibby
04-01-2023, 11:50 AM
Appears to be they are burning the house down. Does Ron and son now actively hate us?

Forgetting the way it was done and who it was done to, surely we want the scouting team gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chippy
04-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Forgetting the way it was done and who it was done to, surely we want the scouting team gone?

But not all our good home grown young players

chippy
04-01-2023, 11:59 AM
We'd probably get a group of Phannies dressed up as monkies driving around Edinburgh in a billboard truck complaining about giving money to millionaires
Don’t think so this time around. Different situation- see carpetbaggers

Stubbsy90+2
04-01-2023, 12:03 PM
More than has been achieved, no?

Consistent higher league placing, cup income, income from Europe, regular player sales .

Yeah of course, I’d just be interested to know how much more potential.

If he wants to triple his investment you’d have to imagine even 16-17k average crowds and 3rd place finishes most seasons won’t be enough for that.

It would need to be regular multi million player sales, Europe every season, and not just a pishy qualifier where you get papped out at the first go, semi regular cup wins, maybe every 5 years or so? Seems fanciful that he can triple the value of our club to me.

silverhibee
04-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Paul Kane is usually good for a quote around a new owner in these moments…

Not keeping well is what I heard.

But it would be good to hear from a ex player with connections to Hibs, there was plenty having there say under Farmers time but it’s all went quiet with Ron.

Stubbsy90+2
04-01-2023, 12:05 PM
If you’re talking in relation to HSL, it stays with HSL for the future purchase of shares and/or use as members decide.

Thanks.

I’m presuming the poster meant in relation to HSL.

Saint Hibee
04-01-2023, 12:08 PM
The answer is simply to get Leeann back; somebody who actually knows how to run a football club. The question is whether she'd be willing to come.

Jones28
04-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Really!!!!

:kettle:

Oh, touched a nerve?

Brightside
04-01-2023, 01:26 PM

What was Kevins input in his very brief stay as Scout? It was an odd appt at the time - prob the only actual announced scout we've had. Plenty people have done similar roles at Hibs and then let go in similar manner.

matty_f
04-01-2023, 01:43 PM

What's the difference between that comment and the regular comments you make about the Gordons?

Scotty Leither
04-01-2023, 01:51 PM
What's the difference between that comment and the regular comments you make about the Gordons?

I’ll PM you to tell you, Matty.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2023, 02:04 PM
If he’s in Peru he’ll be signing a South American Jair Tavernes who we will offload at 2-3 times the profit

Keith_M
04-01-2023, 04:58 PM
They seek him here, they seek him there....

Iain G
04-01-2023, 05:01 PM
If he’s in Peru he’ll be signing a South American Jair Tavernes who we will offload at 2-3 times the profit

Sounds good DBS! Is this a scoop for you? :greengrin

Hibees1973
04-01-2023, 05:07 PM
From everything that's wrong with the club, be it the manager or the players, Ron is the only guy who can change things radically. All the things that are wrong can be linked back to him.

I really do not understand how he thinks he can double or treble the money he has put into Hibs. The earlier post on this thread from someone ITK saying Ron tried to sell last year but got no satisfactory offers is of no surprise. I cannot think of any way an owner can make millions of pounds profit from a Scottish Football club outside of the Old Firm.

Over at tiny they have a guy who treats Hearts like a charity. He gives bucket loads of cash to them, has bailed them out of many a debacle yet does not seek any publicity or a penny in return. Extraordinary. He must be wetting himself hearing that Ron expects to treble us outlay on Hibs.

Well, if the rumours are true that he wants to sell up then it appears Ron has lost interest and has taken then huff when criticised about his tenure at Hibs. I've seen numerous posts from guys who have taken part in forums with Ron and he bristles when criticised. This is not a great quality to have from our owner if he is not willing to accept responsibility.

This all adds up to a continuing decline of performance on the park and a long waiting game until someone out there wants to buy Hibs. Just hope he does not expect to make any profit out of the club.

chippy
04-01-2023, 06:37 PM
From everything that's wrong with the club, be it the manager or the players, Ron is the only guy who can change things radically. All the things that are wrong can be linked back to him.

I really do not understand how he thinks he can double or treble the money he has put into Hibs. The earlier post on this thread from someone ITK saying Ron tried to sell last year but got no satisfactory offers is of no surprise. I cannot think of any way an owner can make millions of pounds profit from a Scottish Football club outside of the Old Firm.

Over at tiny they have a guy who treats Hearts like a charity. He gives bucket loads of cash to them, has bailed them out of many a debacle yet does not seek any publicity or a penny in return. Extraordinary. He must be wetting himself hearing that Ron expects to treble us outlay on Hibs.

Well, if the rumours are true that he wants to sell up then it appears Ron has lost interest and has taken then huff when criticised about his tenure at Hibs. I've seen numerous posts from guys who have taken part in forums with Ron and he bristles when criticised. This is not a great quality to have from our owner if he is not willing to accept responsibility.

This all adds up to a continuing decline of performance on the park and a long waiting game until someone out there wants to buy Hibs. Just hope he does not expect to make any profit out of the club.

There will come a time when he’ll have to cut his losses and sell. Reads like the B team development stiff was him having a final go at it. That’s flopped now so to get a decent price for us he has to at least keep us semi stable otherwise the price drops and he loses more. Can’t see him hanging round too long

Tyler Durden
04-01-2023, 06:58 PM

The “ITK” poster is a complete fantasist.

There’s nothing particularly strange with Ron’s intentions. He’s made it clear how he expects to add value to the club. People talking about him now looking to sell are just wishful thinkers, there is no substance to it.

Fergos
04-01-2023, 07:23 PM
There will come a time when he’ll have to cut his losses and sell. Reads like the B team development stiff was him having a final go at it. That’s flopped now so to get a decent price for us he has to at least keep us semi stable otherwise the price drops and he loses more. Can’t see him hanging round too long

I think his last throw of the dice will be this rumoured football dept restructure. If that fails I think RG may rethink his next step.

GGTTH

chippy
04-01-2023, 08:11 PM
The “ITK” poster is a complete fantasist.

There’s nothing particularly strange with Ron’s intentions. He’s made it clear how he expects to add value to the club. People talking about him now looking to sell are just wishful thinkers, there is no substance to it.

Why should we believe you rather than the OP?

ErinGoBraghHFC
04-01-2023, 08:45 PM

Why should we believe OP rather than him? Why should we believe you that we shouldn’t believe him over the OP?

Smartie
04-01-2023, 08:55 PM
We've got our knickers in a bit of a twist about Hearts strengthening their grasp on third, getting European football every year and pulling away from the rest.

Imo it's not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that we can beat a bunch of awful teams, most of whom have significantly less resource than us, secure our place in 4th or so, get European football on a regular basis, get a model going where we buy decent players, improve them and sell them for a profit, and there is your profit on owning the club sorted.

Obviously it's easier to write down than it is to execute but it's not some sort of pipe dream for Ron to have. He needs to start doing HIS job better if any of it is to come to pass though.

Fergos
04-01-2023, 09:09 PM
We've got our knickers in a bit of a twist about Hearts strengthening their grasp on third, getting European football every year and pulling away from the rest.

Imo it's not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that we can beat a bunch of awful teams, most of whom have significantly less resource than us, secure our place in 4th or so, get European football on a regular basis, get a model going where we buy decent players, improve them and sell them for a profit, and there is your profit on owning the club sorted.

Obviously it's easier to write down than it is to execute but it's not some sort of pipe dream for Ron to have. He needs to start doing HIS job better if any of it is to come to pass though.

Exactly. RG is the head of an under performing football club. So he is under performing.

Leadership & change now required.

We’ll see.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2023, 09:16 PM

I couldn’t care who you believe.

But Ron is not that complicated IMO. He’s set out what he plans to do, we’re just not achieving it because of some really poor decision making. Absolutely no indication he’ll be selling any time soon though.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2023, 08:10 AM
I couldn’t care who you believe.

But Ron is not that complicated IMO. He’s set out what he plans to do, we’re just not achieving it because of some really poor decision making. Absolutely no indication he’ll be selling any time soon though.

This. He set out the plans for the club and that was to treble the club's turnover so that we could dramatically increase our player budget.

The business side is going incredibly well, however, what appears to have happened in the football side, is that his nepotism has resulted in him appointing a man completely unqualified to run that part of the business, and that person's lack of know-how has resulted in us *****ing our budget on some complete and utter dross.

lyonhibs
05-01-2023, 10:24 AM
But not all our good home grown young players

Harper must be in his 50's these days ffs 😉