PDA

View Full Version : Zander Clark

LunasBoots
02-01-2023, 06:24 PM
What happened after the 3rd goal? Why did he have to change his top and recieve treatment?

Helensburghhibs
02-01-2023, 06:34 PM
Gave some to our support and got hit with a missile

LunasBoots
02-01-2023, 06:37 PM

Cheers, that's not on.

LaMotta
02-01-2023, 06:38 PM
Cheers, that's not on.

Should have been a regulation booking for Clarke.

CL0762
02-01-2023, 06:44 PM
What happened after the 3rd goal? Why did he have to change his top and recieve treatment?

He was waving bye to the fans behind the goal & a few things were thrown. One landed right on his napper.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Should have been a regulation booking for Clarke.

He should have been booked but throwing things is ****my behaviour which there's never any excuse for.

LunasBoots
02-01-2023, 06:53 PM
He should have been booked but throwing things is ****my behaviour which there's never any excuse for.

Seems to happen far to often at these type of games from both sets of fans, chucking things is just mindless idiotic behaviour.

Sat in the east sec 44 last season for one of the Derby games and it was non stop objects back and forth I imagine it was similar today. Someone's going to end up seriously injured.

Helensburghhibs
02-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Luckily my seats were near the back today. Throwing stuff is a joke. A vape from our end hit marshall in the first half. Not 2 braincells to rub together

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 07:30 PM
Luckily my seats were near the back today. Throwing stuff is a joke. A vape from our end hit marshall in the first half. Not 2 braincells to rub together
Anyone caught throwing objects should be banned .

judas
02-01-2023, 07:35 PM
Sorry to say, but if you want to see the morons of the Hibs support concentrated, go to Tynecastle for a Derby.

Salvo1875
02-01-2023, 07:42 PM

It looked like a vape but I was further up so not 100%.

Totally agree that anyone throwing stuff at players should be banned.

CL0762
02-01-2023, 07:44 PM
On a separate note, there was 100% people doubling up going through the turnstiles. I was sat at the end of block K and you couldn’t move for people standing on the stairs throughout the entirety of the game.

green day
02-01-2023, 07:45 PM

Someone chucked something, it clearly wasn't anything major, maybe a vape but when he felt it hit him he spent the next minute gesticulating to the bench to get the game stopped.

Whoever threw it was a fud, but so was Clarke for hamming it up and antagonising our bams in the first place.

Craig Gordon wouldn't have acted how he did.

JammyDoidger
02-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Cheers, that's not on.

Aye it is. Their ball boys and everything who btw were about 20, were giving our support it stinking at half time, aswell as their players, about time we gave a bit back, absolutely pussys the lot of us.

Callum_62
02-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Luckily my seats were near the back today. Throwing stuff is a joke. A vape from our end hit marshall in the first half. Not 2 braincells to rub togetherMaybe that explains his off balance moment at the third

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
02-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Someone chucked something, it clearly wasn't anything major, maybe a vape but when he felt it hit him he spent the next minute gesticulating to the bench to get the game stopped.

Whoever threw it was a fud, but so was Clarke for hamming it up and antagonising our bams in the first place.

Clark had blood running down the side of his face.

It’ll just be another thing that gives them a wee bit motivation in a couple of weeks.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Aye it is. Their ball boys and everything who btw were about 20, were giving our support it stinking at half time, aswell as their players, about time we gave a bit back, absolutely pussys the lot of us.

There's never any excuse for resorting to throwing objects at people. If roles were reversed our players and ballboys would be doing exactly the same to their fans.

marinello59
02-01-2023, 07:48 PM

If his reaction to the third goal is classed as giving some to the Hibs support then some people have led very sheltered lives. The sensitivity is off the scale. :greengrin
The clown who chucked the vape has probably cost us a fine.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 07:49 PM
If his reaction to the third goal is classed as giving some to the Hibs support then some people have led very sheltered lives. The sensitivity is off the scale. :greengrin

Pretty sure we can't be fined as there's no strict liability. But hopefully they will be identified and banned for life.

green day
02-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Clark had blood running down the side of his face.

It’ll just be another thing that gives them a wee bit motivation in a couple of weeks.

Missed that, I was en route out at that point.

Like I said, it's bams that throw stuff, but he wasn't being very clever himself.

LunasBoots
02-01-2023, 07:50 PM

People need to grow some thicker skin, causing bodily harm because over a goal celebration is a bit too far

LewysGot2
02-01-2023, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure we can't be fined as there's no strict liability. But hopefully they will be identified and banned for life.

Sure CCTV can pick up whatever wee impotent daftie threw their vape...sick of numpties not able to go to a game of football without throwing their toys out the pram in a stupid manner like this. Coked up, tanked up or wound up - or all 3 - if your response to a wave from an opposition player is throwing something you've got issues.

marinello59
02-01-2023, 07:58 PM

The pussy is the person who was so enraged at the opposition goalie celebrating his team scoring a goal they had to throw something at him from the safety of the stand. Coward.

BILLYHIBS
02-01-2023, 07:59 PM

Remember Deano beating Plukey from the spot and wrestling with him in the net refusing to give the ball back play acting pretending to be knocked out by his 8 stone frame and getting Deano sent off to secure a yam victory

No he would never do anything like that

McD
02-01-2023, 08:00 PM
The pussy is the person who was so enraged at the opposition goalie celebrating his team scoring a goal they had to throw something at him from the safety of the stand. Coward.

:agree:

scream all sorts at players during a match, but want to be enraged and offended if a player gives something mild back… cretins

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 08:01 PM
On a separate note, there was 100% people doubling up going through the turnstiles. I was sat at the end of block K and you couldn’t move for people standing on the stairs throughout the entirety of the game.They must be skinny *******s, I need a ficking canon to fire me through the turnstyle or I would get wedged, podgy **** I am 🫣

Helensburghhibs
02-01-2023, 08:07 PM

Not sure you have taken it the way i meant it. I wasnt for a minute suggesting he deserved it or thought his waving was ott

LewysGot2
02-01-2023, 08:13 PM
They must be skinny *******s, I need a ficking canon to fire me through the turnstyle or I would get wedged, podgy **** I am 🫣

Tynecastle turnstiles are not the biggest but were tickets not checked prior to entry as well?

It's probably the usual dafties who think they can just stand where they want regardless of where their ticket is because what they want is all that matters. Not dealt with through a combination of people not feeling able to confront it or inept stewarding at the game. It displaces genuine folk who end up not sure where to go.
Guarantee it happens at Motherwell at the weekend as its one of the worst grounds for it

Tully
02-01-2023, 08:14 PM
On a separate note, there was 100% people doubling up going through the turnstiles. I was sat at the end of block K and you couldn’t move for people standing on the stairs throughout the entirety of the game.

Think you'll find there was no doubling up i was in section h

Tully
02-01-2023, 08:15 PM

Think you'll find there was no doubling up i was in section h it was empty must have all been along your section

JammyDoidger
02-01-2023, 08:15 PM

Maybe if our players were standing up to it our fans wouldn't be so enraged, we are in that stand kicking every ball and feeling every emotion whilst they just go through the motions. It's sickening man.

marinello59
02-01-2023, 08:16 PM
Tynecastle turnstiles are not the biggest but were tickets not checked prior to entry as well?

It's probably the usual dafties who think they can just stand where they want regardless of where their ticket is because what they want is all that matters. Not dealt with through a combination of people not feeling able to confront it or inept stewarding at the game. It displaces genuine folk who end up not sure where to go.
Guarantee it happens at Motherwell at the weekend as its one of the worst grounds for it

Tickets were checked before you could approach the turnstiles. People maybe just fancied squeezing in together. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-01-2023, 08:16 PM

Absolutely.

Throwing something at a player because you can't take a bit of banter is the calling card of the pussy.

Nothing more cowardly than giving it out for 90 minutes but getting all outraged because you get it back for a few seconds.

Widhibs
02-01-2023, 08:17 PM
He was available on a free, should have signed him!

JammyDoidger
People need to grow some thicker skin, causing bodily harm because over a goal celebration is a bit too far

There's celebrating a goal and there is deliberately winding people up. Hearts are good at the latter.

LewysGot2
Tickets were checked before you could approach the turnstiles. People maybe just fancied squeezing in together. :greengrin

I know they were checked...😉

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 08:18 PM
He was available on a free, should have signed him!Why ? We signed Marshall

JammyDoidger
02-01-2023, 08:18 PM
Absolutely.

Throwing something at a player because you can't take a bit of banter is the calling card of the pussy.

Nothing more cowardly than giving it out for 90 minutes but getting all outraged because you get it back for a few seconds.

If someone done that to you in a pub, you'd probably hit the guy. Unfortunately footballers think they can wind people up without any consequences..you can't really get on the park so people's instincts kick in to throw something, not something I would do myself but can see why folk end up doing it.

McD
02-01-2023, 08:20 PM
There's celebrating a goal and there is deliberately winding people up. Hearts are good at the latter.

does that then mean assaulting someone is fair game? Especially after they’ll have been getting much worse for at least the second half.

it takes a real hard man to throw something out of a crowd of thousands that they’re able to hide in

Pretty Boy
02-01-2023, 08:24 PM
If someone done that to you in a pub, you'd probably hit the guy. Unfortunately footballers think they can wind people up without any consequences..you can't really get on the park so people's instincts kick in to throw something, not something I would do myself but can see why folk end up doing it.

I defintely wouldn't. I'm no shrinking violet, have had my fair share of 'life experience' and have the rap sheet to prove it but, to reiterate my point, throwing something at a player for celebrating a goal is the mark of the pussy/wannabe hard man.

JammyDoidger
02-01-2023, 08:26 PM
I defintely wouldn't. I'm no shrinking violet, have had my fair share of 'life experience' and have the rap sheet to prove it but, to reiterate my point, throwing something at a player for celebrating a goal is the mark of the pussy/wannabe hard man.

I'll agree to disagree for the simple fact I'm not saying it's right, but I can understand why anyone would want to do it, that today riles you up to the point your about exploding. Between our shambles of a team and their arrogance, add to that 6-7 hour of pre match drinking, Johnson's team selections and the past year supporting Hibs, it hits boiling point.

Glory Lurker
02-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Life ban, please.

Widhibs
02-01-2023, 08:40 PM
Why ? We signed Marshall

Because they did when they had Gordon who is around same age as Marshall. He's only 30!

The Modfather
02-01-2023, 08:40 PM
I'll agree to disagree for the simple fact I'm not saying it's right, but I can understand why anyone would want to do it, that today riles you up to the point your about exploding. Between our shambles of a team and their arrogance, add to that 6-7 hour of pre match drinking, Johnson's team selections and the past year supporting Hibs, it hits boiling point.

It should be quite simple. If you can’t control your emotions and stop yourself from throwing something at a game of football you shouldn’t be there. That’s not me on my high horse, it’s just acting like a grown up.

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Because they did when they had Gordon who is around same age as Marshall. He's only 30!They had Ross Stewart as understudy to Gordon, Clark was then signed to cover Gordon, we got rid of Macey who had Dabrowski as understudy and then we signed Marshall. Clark is a decent keeper but he is no Marshall who is a top keeper

broondog
02-01-2023, 09:46 PM

Stupid post from a silly little boy, grow up. did you miss when our own keeper was hit by objects from our own support. hope you are banned for life you little ned.

Widhibs
02-01-2023, 10:05 PM
They had Ross Stewart as understudy to Gordon, Clark was then signed to cover Gordon, we got rid of Macey who had Dabrowski as understudy and then we signed Marshall. Clark is a decent keeper but he is no Marshall who is a top keeper

Hope you're right but he was better than Marshall today.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 10:25 PM

None of that is motivation or excuse to throw objects to deliberately hurt a football player.

ThisIsTheYear
02-01-2023, 10:47 PM
Why? Marshall is a better keeper

wookie70
02-01-2023, 10:59 PM
Not just players getting hit either. Photographers were hit with coins and bovril etc as were stewards and some of teh missiles from our end were as likely to hit our own players as they were Hearts player. I hope the club does everything in their power to get long bans for anyone identified as breaking seats or throwing anything

turn and burn
02-01-2023, 11:11 PM
Club, team, and fans are in a total state. I don’t recognise Hibs just now.

Hermit Crab
02-01-2023, 11:43 PM
It was what looked like a disposable vape that was thrown and it came from the stairway leading down to Block K and Block L just after the 3rd goal. I didn't see who threw it but it was a direct hit on Clark just above his left temple and the blood immediately started flowing. There was no feigning injury with this one. To be fair Clark actually went over to McGeady and asked if he was ok before taking a goal kick after McGeady got barged into the advertising hoardings, that was right in front go me. Whoever threw it should be banned if caught but the there was a whole host of missiles being thrown between Section N and Block M the whole game. Not the worst I've seen but there was certainly a massive ass hole element from both sides today intent on causing bother.

Baader
02-01-2023, 11:57 PM

If you can't handle the theatre of football and dealing with the emotions that go with it without assaulting players on the pitch (from a distance, like a true coward) then football really isn't for you.

chrisski33
03-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Nae excuse throwing something at a player.

LunasBoots
03-01-2023, 01:19 AM
Not just players getting hit either. Photographers were hit with coins and bovril etc as were stewards and some of teh missiles from our end were as likely to hit our own players as they were Hearts player. I hope the club does everything in their power to get long bans for anyone identified as breaking seats or throwing anything

Very poor from some so called supporters it sounds like, the club actually done a very well worded advice article before the match, some people obviously didn't have the brain cells to read it and do as the club asked, hopefully these idiots can be identified.

BoomtownHibees
03-01-2023, 07:44 AM
Very poor from some so called supporters it sounds like, the club actually done a very well worded advice article before the match, some people obviously didn't have the brain cells to read it and do as the club asked, hopefully these idiots can be identified.

I didn’t read the article either but I know how to behave and not be a **** who throws things at players

oneone73
03-01-2023, 07:53 AM
My 14-year-old grandson, a Jambo, was hit by a lighter and a coin. These so-called Ultras are an embarrassment. As, by the way, is the damage done to the toilets.
A thoroughly depressing day.

Hiber-nation
03-01-2023, 08:20 AM
It was what looked like a disposable vape that was thrown and it came from the stairway leading down to Block K and Block L just after the 3rd goal. I didn't see who threw it but it was a direct hit on Clark just above his left temple and the blood immediately started flowing. There was no feigning injury with this one. To be fair Clark actually went over to McGeady and asked if he was ok before taking a goal kick after McGeady got barged into the advertising hoardings, that was right in front go me. Whoever threw it should be banned if caught but the there was a whole host of missiles being thrown between Section N and Block M the whole game. Not the worst I've seen but there was certainly a massive ass hole element from both sides today intent on causing bother.

Yep I was near the back of L and I saw it flying at him when I got up to leave. He certainly didn't expect it to do the damage it did.

No idea why I still go there, depressing experience.

Stokesy's on fire
03-01-2023, 11:27 AM
How come block 7 just gets blamed? There was loads of stuff from all areas of our stand launching coins, vapes and even pies. This throwing of stuff isn't a block 7 thing...honestly comes across as a bit of a witch hunt.

Brightside
03-01-2023, 11:31 AM

You shouldn’t leave the house if anything makes you feel like this. Get some help.

LunasBoots
03-01-2023, 11:35 AM
How come block 7 just gets blamed? There was loads of stuff from all areas of our stand launching coins, vapes and even pies. This throwing of stuff isn't a block 7 thing...honestly comes across as a bit of a witch hunt.

Has happened for years and years including when we play them at Easter Road, from both sets of fans, even before the ultra scenes I remember all sorts being launched into/from both sets of fans.

Dublin07
03-01-2023, 12:30 PM
This is not a block 7 issue it’s a drinking on an empty heid issue together with pathetic level of stewarding/policing of these games.

lyonhibs
03-01-2023, 02:40 PM
A suitably sad bookend to a terrible day. Some of our fans really are morons, especially at Tynecastle

Malthibby
03-01-2023, 02:42 PM

Absolutely, it's pathetic & completely inexcusable. Hibs classless.
Identify him, charge him, ban him.

Silky
03-01-2023, 02:46 PM

And our support seem to be good at taking the bait. Winding up happens all the time. If there are that many canny takes in our support who get enraged at a wind up then it's time to give it up. I'm pretty sure I saw our players winging up Hearts in the draw at ER when Boyle scored. What's the difference? Cos it was done to us? Aww.

The dalmeny
03-01-2023, 05:00 PM

thin skinned as F

The dalmeny
03-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Absolutely.

Agree 100%

Diclonius
03-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Oh no the big bad football player celebrated in front of me after I screamed abuse at him all game, I'm going to literally injure him.

****ing cowards.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2023, 05:57 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64153052

Given that the object was clearly thrown from the Roseburn stand I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't said anything publicly on this so far.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2023, 08:12 PM
If this type of behaviour continues then were are all going to be watching the games behind netting that they have in mainland Europe to prevent objects being thrown at players and we will only have ourselves to blame for a view thats like looking through a chip pan basket.

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2023, 08:17 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64153052

Given that the object was clearly thrown from the Roseburn stand I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't said anything publicly on this so far.

No mention of him goading the fans I see. Hearts ****

Hermit Crab
03-01-2023, 08:20 PM

Waving at us is hardly goading, he had been abused constantly the whole second half by our fans, coins, pies, vapes thrown at him but when he does something back the fans become all sensitive and want action taken. Away you go man. Hibs fans are in the wrong here no question about that.

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2023, 08:21 PM
Waving at us is hardly goading, he had been abused constantly the whole second half by our fans, coins, pies, vapes thrown at him but when he does something back the fans become all sensitive and want action taken. Away you go man. Hibs fans are in the wrong here no question about that.

No sympathy from me, away you go yourself, man.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2023, 08:23 PM

So you’re quite happy to see someone get assaulted for being a bit of a wind up and having a laugh?

McD
03-01-2023, 08:24 PM

Plenty Hibs fans will have been goading him, should he be allowed to throw hard objects in the crowd with force? Since you seem to be absolving the idiot who threw it at him for that reason

Hermit Crab
03-01-2023, 08:25 PM

Your refusal to acknowledge and condemn those Hibs 'fans' that threw objects at players is astounding.

Jones28
03-01-2023, 08:28 PM

Pfft no wonder football fans are treated like children around alcohol and general behaviour.

McD
03-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Your refusal to acknowledge and condemn those Hibs 'fans' that threw objects at players is astounding.

:agree:

and his/her kind of attitude is why this kind of ******** behaviour will continue

Allyg69
03-01-2023, 08:37 PM
Throwing objects from the stand is totally unacceptable but Clark was being very naive if he thought winding the Hibs fans up wouldn't lead to something like this happening.

marinello59
03-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Throwing objects from the stand is totally unacceptable but Clark was being very naive if he thought winding the Hibs fans up wouldn't lead to something like this happening.

Did you see his so called wind up? It was really nothing, he celebrated his own team scoring. Absolutely nothing wrong at all with how he behaved.

BoomtownHibees
03-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Did you see his so called wind up? It was really nothing, he celebrated his own team scoring. Absolutely nothing wrong at all with how he behaved.

From what I saw it wasn’t even a celebration, he was waving to the Hibs fans as they walked out at the 3rd goal

Sir David Gray
03-01-2023, 08:58 PM

A bit of a wind up is never an excuse for assaulting someone to the extent that they require medical treatment for a cut to the face.

Hibs should be throwing the book at anyone found guilty of such antics yesterday before handing their details over to the police.

cabbageandribs1875
03-01-2023, 09:02 PM
could have taken the mans eye out, freakin moronic behaviour

the culprit will be sweating a bit over the next few days with the possibility of a knock on the door from the polis

at least some time for him to think about his actions

Allyg69
03-01-2023, 09:18 PM

I'm not saying he did anything wrong at all. I'm saying you have to be mindful of idiots in a game like the Edinburgh Derby. It has a history of objects being thrown by both sets of fans and he is only yards away. I'm all for the banter but some clearly can't take it.

LaMotta
03-01-2023, 09:49 PM

Given that there are hundreds of coked up drunken idiotic radges behind the goal then it wasnt exactly his brightest move was it? Of course he shouldnt have anything thrown at him (idiot who did so), but that doesnt mean his behaviour was ok. Its a yellow card offence under game laws.

He could have celebrated instead like Marshall did after the Boyle equalizer from the first derby by running to his fans.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2023, 09:53 PM
He could have celebrated instead like Marshall did after the Boyle equalizer from the first derby by running to his fans.

https://i.ibb.co/cDPysXQ/4-A6-C3006-DECC-4877-9-B92-C85-AF9-D3-C537.png

LaMotta
03-01-2023, 10:15 PM

Yellow card for Marshall :greengrin

SaulGoodman
03-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Yellow card for Marshall :greengrin

I hear that’s what the laws of the game say 😂

cabbageandribs1875
03-01-2023, 10:42 PM
meanwhile, clark demands action and Neilson is sure the authorities will come down heavy on it

Hearts goalkeeper Zander Clark demands action after being struck by object from crowd in derby win over Hibs at Tynecastle (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/hearts-goalkeeper-zander-clark-demands-action-after-being-struck-by-object-from-crowd-in-derby-win-over-hibs-at-tynecastle/ar-AA15UcYF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=22eb4973cee143cf96dfd9c051a02617)

i think they really want to say they hope Hibs receive a fine

marinello59
03-01-2023, 10:51 PM
meanwhile, clark demands action and Neilson is sure the authorities will come down heavy on it

Hearts goalkeeper Zander Clark demands action after being struck by object from crowd in derby win over Hibs at Tynecastle (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/hearts-goalkeeper-zander-clark-demands-action-after-being-struck-by-object-from-crowd-in-derby-win-over-hibs-at-tynecastle/ar-AA15UcYF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=22eb4973cee143cf96dfd9c051a02617)

Amd we will deserve it.

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Amd we will deserve it.

The Club can't be fined, though.

marinello59
03-01-2023, 10:53 PM
The Club can't be fined, though.

Nope.
But some sort of action should be taken by our club.

cabbageandribs1875
03-01-2023, 11:02 PM
Nope.
But some sort of action should be taken by our club.

but what can the club do about it

as a poster pointed out earlier the club really should have at least publicly condemned the fool and asked for help identifying him/it

Sir David Gray
03-01-2023, 11:18 PM
but what can the club do about it

as a poster pointed out earlier the club really should have at least publicly condemned the fool and asked for help identifying him/it

Yep the club (rightly) told us a few weeks ago that it had a zero tolerance position on all kinds of racist and discriminatory abuse. A similar statement should be made here with regards to physical abuse which has resulted in an opposition player requiring medical treatment.

Widhibs
04-01-2023, 05:54 AM
Items were thrown from our end a good few times throughout match as seen on highlights, it's got to stop..

flash
04-01-2023, 07:37 AM

Seriously? Would you have been happy to see one of our players assaulted under the same circumstances?

Diclonius
04-01-2023, 07:45 AM

Totally different mate - it's our side doing it so it's okay. :agree:

I'm Spartacus
04-01-2023, 09:15 AM
I'm sure I'm similar to many more on here in that I work and socialise with Hearts fans, we get it up each other and any opportunity.
We do daft things to each other (yesterday I woke to 3 maroon balloon's tied to my car rear window wiper - post cup final last year I left about 30 empty glass bottles on my mates door step with the note 'BOTTLERS'). It's a rivalry, it's a discussion point, we rip each other, but never in my life have I ever wanted to throw anything at another person like these idiots do. Leave that to the Old Firm (Did you see the glass bottle thrown into the Celtic end at the weekend?).

Marshall got hit, Clark got hit, you see when the penalty is scored something lands near the penalty spot, and the same at ER when Shankland scored he's nearly hit by a bottle.

We're better than that, come on, we absolutely are.

LaMotta
04-01-2023, 09:16 AM
Totally different mate - it's our side doing it so it's okay. :agree:

It's not ok, he shouldnt have done that. At least he wasn't within throwing distance.

hibstag
04-01-2023, 09:44 AM

This is the reality of euro money, benefactors and Fan contributions . Sadly they could afford to offer him a decent contract to get him on the books, so he could wait for Gordons form to dip, injury or his age to catch up with him and they would have a first team quality replacement ready.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2023, 10:13 AM

I really cant stand Clark, predating his signing for Hearts. He's spot on here though.

If someone chucked something at me and drew blood whilst I was at work I'd be demanding action as well.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2023, 10:14 AM
Ok so we can't be fined but what if Hearts decide to cut our allocation and not sell us the lower sections of the stand to keep us away from the pitch, or even worse, not give us any tickets at all thanks to a brainless few?

There would be a riot if that happened.

Scottie
04-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Ok so we can't be fined but what if Hearts decide to cut our allocation and not sell us the lower sections of the stand to keep us away from the pitch, or even worse, not give us any tickets at all thanks to a brainless few?

Can see Hearts going the same direction as the bigots by cutting allocations severely to away fans. It’s such a shame as a bouncing away end at Tiny is a joy to be part of and see.

We are no different that any other support the world over that we have our fair share of absolute roasters that let us down at every opportunity especially in the bigger games. We can all be guilty of over exuberance but launching items on the pitch at players is just not on regardless what opposition players do to provoke.

HH81
04-01-2023, 10:57 AM

They won't risk getting less at ER.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2023, 11:13 AM
They won't risk getting less at ER.

I think they would if it meant their players safety could be guaranteed with us only getting the upper sections. That would be about 2000 tickets in total. A significant reduction for us and we'd only have ourselves to blame.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Can see Hearts going the same direction as the bigots by cutting allocations severely to away fans. It’s such a shame as a bouncing away end at Tiny is a joy to be part of and see.

We are no different that any other support the world over that we have our fair share of absolute roasters that let us down at every opportunity especially in the bigger games. We can all be guilty of over exuberance but launching items on the pitch at players is just not on regardless what opposition players do to provoke.

We would of course probably do the same to them as retaliation but I like both clubs getting a full allocation, makes the atmosphere so much better.

Saint Hibee
04-01-2023, 12:02 PM
I really cant stand Clark, predating his signing for Hearts. He's spot on here though.

If someone chucked something at me and drew blood whilst I was at work I'd be demanding action as well.

Despite his Hunnish sympathies, I've always quite liked him. Especially when he scored a last-minute header against them a couple of years ago!

MelbourneHibees
04-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Those are the ones who wear balaclavas like they are some sort of terrorist group. No idea who threw it but those are number 1 suspect as clearly they have something to hide?

LaMotta
04-01-2023, 12:30 PM

If that did happen then I'm not sure a riot would be a sensible response under the circumstances.:greengrin

LaMotta
04-01-2023, 12:32 PM
We would of course probably do the same to them as retaliation but I like both clubs getting a full allocation, makes the atmosphere so much better.

Difference is as things stand Hearts would sell the extra seats at home and we wouldn't, so we'd be costing ourselves money.

jacomo
04-01-2023, 01:03 PM

You should be embarrassed posting that. Awful patter.

Chucking something at a player doesn’t prove you care, it just proves you’re a dick.

Cardinal G
04-01-2023, 01:49 PM

Thats excatly how I saw it we were in row six in L block and object came from stairwell, he had turned for his water bottle, smiled at fans and turned away when he was hit, in no way is that goading, idiot who threw it should be hammered, also I'm annoyed our club hasn't come out to condemn these actions, it's clear it was us that were responsible.

LaMotta
04-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Thats excatly how I saw it we were in row six in L block and object came from stairwell, he had turned for his water bottle, smiled at fans and turned away when he was hit, in no way is that goading, idiot who threw it should be hammered, also I'm annoyed our club hasn't come out to condemn these actions, it's clear it was us that were responsible.

You missed him waving goodbye to the fans, which is goading.

marinello59
04-01-2023, 06:26 PM
You missed him waving goodbye to the fans, which is goading.

Goaded by a wave. Seriously? :greengrin

LaMotta
04-01-2023, 07:09 PM
Goaded by a wave. Seriously? :greengrin

Absolutely! Dictionary defintion of goad:

goad
/ɡəʊd/

present participle: goading
provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction.

:greengrin

marinello59
04-01-2023, 08:22 PM
Absolutely! Dictionary defintion of goad:

goad
/ɡəʊd/

present participle: goading
provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate an action or reaction.

In that case several of the Hibs players goaded me during the first half with their play and I demand they be made to stand on the Easter Road pitch so I can throw a retrospective vape at them.:greengrin

McGruber
04-01-2023, 08:27 PM

That would be predictable

LaMotta
05-01-2023, 02:03 PM
In that case several of the Hibs players goaded me during the first half with their play and I demand they be made to stand on the Easter Road pitch so I can throw a retrospective vape at them.:greengrin

:hilarious

MWHIBBIES
05-01-2023, 03:14 PM

By riot, I assume you mean Hibs just wouldn't give them any tickets for Easter Road and their fans would be equally angry?

They'd never do that, nothing to be gained.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2023, 05:23 PM
By riot, I assume you mean Hibs just wouldn't give them any tickets for Easter Road and their fans would be equally angry?

They'd never do that, nothing to be gained.

Its obvs a worst case scenario situation but if fans of both teams can't control themselves it could well come to no away fans being allowed until we learn to bahave.

21-01-2023, 12:01 AM
A teenager has been charged.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/edinburgh-crime-teenage-boy-charged-after-objects-thrown-during-edinburgh-derby-at-tynecastle-3993644

Donegal Hibby
21-01-2023, 12:28 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/edinburgh-crime-teenage-boy-charged-after-objects-thrown-during-edinburgh-derby-at-tynecastle-3993644
No sympathy at all for him , cowardly act imo and unbefitting of a Hibs supporter . This needs to be stopped and hopefully club act in the strongest possible way to show it's unacceptable behaviour at our football club.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2023, 06:22 AM

If convicted I hope Hibs ban him for life.

Ridiculous behaviour.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2023, 06:37 AM
If convicted I hope Hibs ban him for life.

Ridiculous behaviour.

I've seen a lot of this 'ban him for life' and I disagree.

I'm not for a second defending this dangerous stupidity, my views on it are elsewhere on this thread. But he's 15. I did a lot of stupid things at 15 and beyond that I wouldn't even consider doing now 20+ years later. I find it hard to accept that a 55 year old man should be unable to enter ER in 40 years time because of a moment of madness decades before.

Actions have consequences and all that but a lifelong punishment seems excessive in this instance (assuming he actually learns his lesson after something like a 5 year ban and there is no repeat incident).

B.H.F.C
21-01-2023, 07:03 AM

I'm not for a second defending this dangerous stupidity, my views on it are elsewhere on this thread. But he's 15. I did a lot of stupid things at 15 and beyond that I wouldn't even consider doing now 20+ years later. I find it hard to accept that a 55 year old man should be unable to enter ER in 40 years time because of a moment of madness decades before.

Actions have consequences and all that but a lifelong punishment seems excessive in this instance (assuming he actually learns his lesson after something like a 5 year ban and there is no repeat incident).

Agree with this. Should be punished and banned. But not for life.

Jones28
21-01-2023, 07:16 AM

Agree with this.

There’s been a lot of debate on here recently about the likes of Martindale and Malky McKay being rehabilitated after their indiscretions, and it should definitely be the case that a 15 year old should face a punishment, but a lifetime one? No way.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2023, 07:34 AM

Personally disagree.

I think Hibs have to treat this with the utmost seriousness and I'm afraid that has to be a zero tolerance approach. I get that 15 year olds do stupid things but most 15 year olds can go to the football with their mates without taking part in the throwing of objects which causes someone to require medical assistance.

Clark's fortunate that it didn't hit him in the eye or the consequences don't really bear thinking about.

Hopefully a lifetime ban for this individual would deter other would-be mini hardmen from behaving in a similar manner in future.

OldEast
21-01-2023, 07:48 AM
Personally disagree.

I think Hibs have to treat this with the utmost seriousness and I'm afraid that has to be a zero tolerance approach. I get that 15 year olds do stupid things but most 15 year olds can go to the football with their mates without taking part in the throwing of objects which causes someone to require medical assistance.

Clark's fortunate that it didn't hit him in the eye or the consequences don't really bear thinking about.

Hopefully a lifetime ban for this individual would deter other would-be mini hardmen from behaving in a similar manner in future.

In the world of crime NOTHING works as a deterrent other than the certainty of being caught. It's been researched and proven hundreds of times. Deterrent is the most overused and misunderstood word used by those who believe strong punishment is the answer to crime.

DIXIHIBS
21-01-2023, 07:51 AM
Personally disagree.

Weren't a lot of kids would be hard men at 15 going to the football with their mates? He could have murdered a player and be out after 20 years! Season long ban then if he repeats take more drastic action...but lifetime...nah.

JimBHibees
21-01-2023, 07:57 AM

Couldn't agree more however there should be consequences. No doubt a Hibs player will get a sore one due to this stupidity. Strict liability needs brought in forcing clubs to do more.

flash
21-01-2023, 08:02 AM
In an age where kids think nothing of throwing bricks through bus windows that have mum's and babies sitting behind them it's necessary to infict a punishment that might make somebody think twice before doing something like this.

I reckon something like a 3 year ban.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2023, 08:15 AM
It's not clear from the article if he's been charged with the Clark incident or "just" chucking stuff.

Life ban either way, please.

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 08:20 AM
Give him a choice, life ban or buy a season ticket, he would probably choose the first option

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 08:21 AM
In an age where kids think nothing of throwing bricks through bus windows that have mum's and babies sitting behind them it's necessary to infict a punishment that might make somebody think twice before doing something like this.

I reckon something like a 3 year ban.

That used to happen in the 70s, perhaps without the babies, but football supporters coaches ran the guantlet of bricks every week, and i mean every week up and down the country.

Northernhibee
21-01-2023, 08:26 AM
Agree with this. Should be punished and banned. But not for life.
Nah. Make an absolute example of him if found guilty. There’s a growing group of ********s in the support who want to act completely selfishly to the detriment of the enjoyment of the wider Hibs support. Even a couple of ********s at Killie looking to boo the minutes silence (but told to shut the **** up very quickly by a few).

flash
21-01-2023, 08:28 AM
That used to happen in the 70s, perhaps without the babies, but football supporters coaches ran the guantlet of bricks every week, and i mean every week up and down the country.

Aye right through to the 80s when a lot of companies simply stopped taking football bookings.

Remember coming back from various away games freezing our nuts off due to the lack of a back window.

Glory Lurker
21-01-2023, 08:29 AM
It's wrong to compare a ban from the football with rehabilitation in the criminal system. If he's found guilty he'll have the chance of the latter. There's no reason at all for rehabilitation in the football sphere.

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 08:30 AM

Regularly, ****ing brutal in the winter travelling back down the motorway with no windaes and my hair flapping about like a flag in a gale force wind (wouldnt be a problem nowadays)

I remember going through to a Partick game & a group of wee fannies were giving us the middle and two fingered salutes so we returned their welcoming gestures only for the wee ****ers to go behind a wall and start launching half Niddries, “Maryhills” at us 🫣

danhibees1875
21-01-2023, 08:40 AM
I think "banned for life" is an easy throw-away expression rather than something that should actually happen literally.

Obviously there's no excuse for his behaviour, but a punishment that lasts a lifetime is obviously extreme.

A ban that lasts a few years (5/10) should be looked upon as being a strong action from Hibs in this instance.

WhileTheChief..
21-01-2023, 08:56 AM
I think "banned for life" is an easy throw-away expression rather than something that should actually happen literally.

Obviously there's no excuse for his behaviour, but a punishment that lasts a lifetime is obviously extreme.

A ban that lasts a few years (5/10) should be looked upon as being a strong action from Hibs in this instance.

Gotta show the world how good a citizen you are somehow. This sort of thing does the job nicely for some :aok:

Glory Lurker
21-01-2023, 08:58 AM
Gotta show the world how good a citizen you are somehow. This sort of thing does the job nicely for some :aok:

Nah, just can't be doing with wee rockets.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2023, 09:08 AM

I don't think anybody can really.

I can just about remember my pals and I being the 'wee rockets' though. All of us now have families, hold down jobs and are model citizens when we take our kids to games and behave properly.

By all means throw the book at the boy who is responsible in this incident but a criminal charge and a few years ban is surely sufficient? Are we really suggesting a lifetime ban which in theory is denying the guy the chance to take his own kids and grandkids to ER is proportionate?

j'adorehibs
21-01-2023, 09:16 AM
I don't think anybody can really.

I can just about remember my pals and I being the 'wee rockets' though. All of us now have families, hold down jobs and are model citizens when we take our kids to games and behave properly.

By all means throw the book at the boy who is responsible in this incident but a criminal charge and a few years ban is surely sufficient? Are we really suggesting a lifetime ban which in theory is denying the guy the chance to take his own kids and grandkids to ER is proportionate?

Did you go around physically harming people when you were younger then?

If not then you are not an analogy .

He's 16, old enough to vote , get married , join the army etc etc....he should be mature enough to not throw objects at people....i never did and my kids never have , hes in a small minority here this lad.

a lengthy ban in my opinion , a good 10 years or so. 1 year would mean nothing

Hibbyradge
21-01-2023, 09:21 AM
When I was very young, I threw a cheesettes packet filled with the wee stones that you used to get at the bottom of the terracing at a Sporting Lisbon player when we beat them 6-1.

He was collecting the ball for a throw in so I was only a few feet away from him and it hit him on the chest. I actually sh*t myself, but it just bounced off and he didn't even react.

Many times since, I've genuinely wished that I'd been banned for life!

Pretty Boy
21-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Did you go around physically harming people when you were younger then?

If not then you are not an analogy .

He's 16, old enough to vote , get married , join the army etc etc....he should be mature enough to not throw objects at people....i never did and my kids never have , hes in a small minority here this lad.

a lengthy ban in my opinion , a good 10 years or so. 1 year would mean nothing

I've never once argued a decent length of ban isn't in order.

'Lifetime' is just hyperbole.

And to answer your question I was a dafty when I was younger who had a couple of lucky escapes. Like most 14/15/16 year olds the long term consequences weren't at the forefront of my mind. The threat of a 'lifetime ban' would have been no deterrent because it wouldn't have ever entered my mind. I'll try and steer my own kids to he smarter and I'll lay down the law when it matters but I'm not naive as to how the world works. If they make a mistake or 2 I'll hope there is a bit of understanding shown.

OldEast
21-01-2023, 09:25 AM
I used to throw toilet rolls I'd nicked from the public toilets in Leith walk. Violence and theft.
We didn't have many holier than thou, serially outraged model citizens then so I managed to carry on attending and grow the **** up.

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 09:25 AM
When I was very young, I threw a cheesettes packet filled with the wee stones that you used to get at the bottom of the terracing at a Sporting Lisbon player when we beat them 6-1.

He was collecting the ball for a throw in so I was only a few feet away from him and it hit him on the chest. I actually sh*t myself, but it just bounced off and he didn't even react.

If I was that player I would have Eric Cantonad you right in the chops, I ****ing hate anything associated with Cheesettes

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 09:27 AM

:faf:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2023, 09:27 AM
If I was that player I would have Eric Cantonad you right in the chops, I ****ing hate anything associated with Cheesettes

Encouraging violence at the football? You should be banned for life. As should Hibbyradge😡

j'adorehibs
21-01-2023, 09:28 AM
I've never once argued a decent length of ban isn't in order.

'Lifetime' is just hyperbole.

And to answer your question I was a dafty when I was younger who had a couple of lucky escapes. Like most 14/15/16 year olds the long term consequences weren't at the forefront of my mind. The threat of a 'lifetime ban' would have been no deterrent because it wouldn't have ever entered my mind. I'll try and steer my own kids to he smarter and I'll lay down the law when it matters but I'm not naive as to how the world works. If they make a mistake or 2 I'll hope there is a bit of understanding shown.

Its this charming "dafty " chat that gets me if im honest. The lad is just a complete and utter idiot who should know better. I dont what you did that terms you a dafty so wont comment .

I again state these people are the minority and shouldnt be defended

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 09:30 AM
Encouraging violence at the football? You should be banned for life. As should Hibbyradge😡Theres wiggle room for provocation though. Fireworks, bottles and vapes over my head I will take, but dont ever hit me with a Cheesette packet 🤬

marinello59
21-01-2023, 09:36 AM

My Granny used to follow Buckie Thistle and she used to tell stories about bus windows getting smashed back in the 50s.
She was never charged or banned as far as I know. :greengrin

Donegal Hibby
21-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Its only kids messing , being young and stupid, not meaning any harm ! Though what happens when somebody loses a eye ? and that's what probably is going to happen if it's not dealt with ! If found guilty banned for life is the only punishment that will send a clear message that this behaviour won't be tolerated in football.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2023, 09:42 AM
Its this charming "dafty " chat that gets me if im honest. The lad is just a complete and utter idiot who should know better. I dont what you did that terms you a dafty so wont comment .

I've not seen one person defend the boy.

Earlier in the thread I described his behaviour as cowardly, stupid and dangerous. All of which is correct. He is an idiot.

Was there intent to injure anyone though or was it a moment of bravado in front of his mates that has gone way wrong? That matters, both legally and morally. At 15 or 16 or whatever age he is is he already so far gone that we just give up on him and say there's no way he can change, he's a dangerous animal and should never set foot in a football stadium again? That's harsh in the extreme.

No one is arguing there shouldn't be consequences but a response has to be proportionate. A lifetime ban for a reckless, stupid, selfish act as a teenager is disproportionate imo and absolutely no deterrent to anyone else when you consider these things are more often than not heat of the moment rather than premeditated.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2023, 10:00 AM
My Granny used to follow Buckie Thistle and she used to tell stories about bus windows getting smashed back in the 50s.

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 10:06 AM

Ah the once feared Buckie Thistle Granny Ultras, notorious in their days, no flares drums in those bad ol days, rolling pins and rub a dub wash boards were the in thing of choice 🫣

j'adorehibs
21-01-2023, 10:12 AM

Earlier in the thread I described his behaviour as cowardly, stupid and dangerous. All of which is correct. He is an idiot.

Was there intent to injure anyone though or was it a moment of bravado in front of his mates that has gone way wrong? That matters, both legally and morally. At 15 or 16 or whatever age he is is he already so far gone that we just give up on him and say there's no way he can change, he's a dangerous animal and should never set foot in a football stadium again? That's harsh in the extreme.

No one is arguing there shouldn't be consequences but a response has to be proportionate. A lifetime ban for a reckless, stupid, selfish act as a teenager is disproportionate imo and absolutely no deterrent to anyone else when you consider these things are more often than not heat of the moment rather than premeditated.

Apologies if i misread your comments as defending but calling a 16 year old a dafty and saying acht we've all done it doesnt sit with me. I'd agree it should proportionate but also act as a deterrent. A football ban doesn't massively impact his overall life does it , it means he cant do something he supposedly enjoys . I said 10 years , that should do the trick.

Donegal Hibby
21-01-2023, 10:16 AM

Your right about it being cowardly , stupid and dangerous and he is a idiot . The minute he threw whatever he did throw he's obviously trying to make contact with the player which I have no doubt in my mind there's intent to injure the player, the fact that he's 16 year old is old enough to know what he's doing is wrong Even if it was a moment of bravado in front of his mates that might also encourage the rest to join in , don't you think? It's happening far to often at games now and as I said someone's going to lose a eye eventually . Maybe your right that a lifetime ban would be to harsh and 5 or 6 year ban would be enough though a lifetime ban would certainly lay down a marker that this won't be tolerated.

Keith_M
21-01-2023, 02:09 PM
He deserves a banning order, but we also need to think about how we get to grips with the problem of folk throwing stuff at games, as it's becoming a real problem.

Do we really want to go back to the days of high fences... or even netting?

People shouldn't have to put up with this stuff when they're just doing their job.

Helensburghhibs
21-01-2023, 04:08 PM
He deserves a banning order, but we also need to think about how we get to grips with the problem of folk throwing stuff at games, as it's becoming a real problem.

People shouldn't have to put up with this stuff when they're just doing their job.

Essentially it comes down to penny pinching. A high police presence dragging out offenders would cut it out

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 05:46 PM
Essentially it comes down to penny pinching. A high police presence dragging out offenders would cut it outGarbage, Policing for games in Edinburgh was extortionate and some clubs decided it was unnafordable. There is the exception to the rule with regards celtic, rangers and hearts for obvious reasons but ffs against the lesser teams we should be able to rely on very minimal policing. Its **** all to do with penny pinching as per your dig at hibs, its about trusting fans to behave, theres muppets at every game, including our own

Helensburghhibs
21-01-2023, 06:42 PM
Garbage, Policing for games in Edinburgh was extortionate and some clubs decided it was unnafordable. There is the exception to the rule with regards celtic, rangers and hearts for obvious reasons but ffs against the lesser teams we should be able to rely on very minimal policing. Its **** all to do with penny pinching as per your dig at hibs, its about trusting fans to behave, theres muppets at every game, including our own

Hardly a dig at hibs when the game was at tynecastle so wind your neck in.... it is penny pinching . Relying on minimum wage stewarding companies who are unfit for purpose. It is known there are muppets out in force at cat a games and the police presence should reflect that to ensure player and fellow supporter safety.

The dalmeny
21-01-2023, 06:56 PM
Essentially it comes down to penny pinching. A high police presence dragging out offenders would cut it out

that’s pish, it’s down to bams who throw things. I don’t think having numbers of police wade into stands to pull out fans would be particularly productive but maybe that’s your idea of fun

Helensburghhibs
21-01-2023, 07:06 PM
that’s pish, it’s down to bams who throw things. I don’t think having numbers of police wade into stands to pull out fans would be particularly productive but maybe that’s your idea of fun

I was replying to the suggestion of fences and nets. All that's needed is a police presence around the problem areas and their bravery chucking stuff will dissappear. And yes ... if you are endangering other people then you should be delt with there and then... not retrospectively.

LunasBoots
21-01-2023, 07:19 PM
Police Scotland don't wade into crowds, it'll be the same nonsense tomorrow, it usually is in these games, anyone doing anything will be clamped down on I'd imagine through cctv.

I'm Spartacus
21-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Anyone throwing anything, 3 year ban.
Anyone striking any player or official, a lifetime ban.

Who goes to these events and throws something? ******g moronic.

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 07:37 PM
Hardly a dig at hibs when the game was at tynecastle so wind your neck in.... it is penny pinching . Relying on minimum wage stewarding companies who are unfit for purpose. It is known there are muppets out in force at cat a games and the police presence should reflect that to ensure player and fellow supporter safety.
Whether Tynecastle or Easter road its not ****ing penny pinching, Police costs have soared for games and many clubs have drastically cut back over the years because they simply cant afford it. If you were a Steward on minimum wage or a cop at maximum wage would you wade in and grab fans from a crowd, would you ****

Its up to the numpties who attend the games to behave, not the authorities !

Franck Stanton
21-01-2023, 08:04 PM
On the subject of "penny pinching" 're police, what about the last game at E R with the Dundee Unt fans repeatedly trying to get through the dividing strip & past the stewards to get at the hib s fans in lower Dunbar end. Really could have been serious. A few of Police Scotland's finest would have sorted them out but, to save a few Bob we didn't have any in the ground.

Helensburghhibs
21-01-2023, 08:19 PM
Whether Tynecastle or Easter road its not ****ing penny pinching, Police costs have soared for games and many clubs have drastically cut back over the years because they simply cant afford it. If you were a Steward on minimum wage or a cop at maximum wage would you wade in and grab fans from a crowd, would you ****

Its up to the numpties who attend the games to behave, not the authorities !

What you have described is the definition of penny pinching. Refusing to put measures in place to ensure safety within the stadium due to cost .

Bridge hibs
21-01-2023, 08:41 PM
What you have described is the definition of penny pinching. Refusing to put measures in place to ensure safety within the stadium due to cost .

You have experienced Ibrox, you have experienced sitting in a corner of the ground and have experienced having objects thrown at you in the presence of many of Glasgows finest. You will have seen hibs players having objects thrown at them when taking a throw in or a corner with Glasgows finest staring at those who have thrown the objects. Have you seen them wade in and weed the culprits out ? Ive never witnessed it. Would a Steward do it ? No chance, so whats the difference ?

Helensburghhibs
21-01-2023, 08:57 PM
You have experienced Ibrox, you have experienced sitting in a corner of the ground and have experienced having objects thrown at you in the presence of many of Glasgows finest. You will have seen hibs players having objects thrown at them when taking a throw in or a corner with Glasgows finest staring at those who have thrown the objects. Have you seen them wade in and weed the culprits out ? Ive never witnessed it. Would a Steward do it ? No chance, so whats the difference ?

Your right in your example ,, obviously. I've also seen police eject people round about me for not behaving, with the knock on effect being the people round about thinking twice of doing the same. You keep talking about "wading in" not me. ... all I'm saying is there should be a presence around problem areas. At the minute people think football stadiums are above the law

Bridge hibs
22-01-2023, 06:35 AM
Your right in your example ,, obviously. I've also seen police eject people round about me for not behaving, with the knock on effect being the people round about thinking twice of doing the same. You keep talking about "wading in" not me. ... all I'm saying is there should be a presence around problem areas. At the minute people think football stadiums are above the lawFair enough mate, wading in perhaps a bit extreme nowadays but evident often at the Dunbar end in the 80s when hearts fans used to regularly fight amongst themselves

With regards the object/s thrown at tiny, would a Police presence have made a difference ? I dont know what was going through the lads head, drunk, coked, showing off to his mates, only he knows.

Either way its not good for the club as it seems to be a regular thing, in the main fans are well behaved but it just takes one eejit to **** it up and spoil it for others

Im not going to sit here and be judge and jury but I would hope hibs mete out the correct punishment and make an example to him and others

Sir David Gray
22-01-2023, 07:35 AM
Fair enough mate, wading in perhaps a bit extreme nowadays but evident often at the Dunbar end in the 80s when hearts fans used to regularly fight amongst themselves

With regards the object/s thrown at tiny, would a Police presence have made a difference ? I dont know what was going through the lads head, drunk, coked, showing off to his mates, only he knows.

Either way its not good for the club as it seems to be a regular thing, in the main fans are well behaved but it just takes one eejit to **** it up and spoil it for others

Im not going to sit here and be judge and jury but I would hope hibs mete out the correct punishment and make an example to him and others

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here but there were Police officers in the Roseburn stand during the recent derby.

Bridge hibs
22-01-2023, 08:26 AM
Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here but there were Police officers in the Roseburn stand during the recent derby.I wasnt there mate but I think the general gist is lesser Police presence v more Stewards in place of them. If they were in the Roseburn then their presence obviously didnt deter the eejit who threw an object. Would more Police at games work as a deterent ?

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2023, 08:30 AM

That's the whole point.

They'll learn and grow up into decent Hibs fans of the future.

Dublin07
22-01-2023, 08:41 AM
The wee laddie should receive a ban. It was a stupid act that hopefully he regrets. Young folk make stupid mistakes sometimes I certainly did at that age. This was always going to happen at some point. The policing/stewards at tynie are useless. It was bordering on unsafe on 2nd January. Hundreds being allowed to stand in the middle aisle. I couldn’t see the goalmouth at all at our end. The bams then all congregate in one place and the bravado begins. Things are thrown from both ends throughout the game with no punishment or attempt to stop it. I have been hit by flare there before. All they say is we look at it on CCTV. It appears they only do that if someone gets injured. The bams need to get a grip but the game should also be policed so it’s safe for all.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-01-2023, 08:48 AM

Consumption of narcotics in the shunky would be a start but if I was a steward I wouldn't bother my arse with it either. The grief/assault/abuse/racial abuse is just not worth it

CentreLine
22-01-2023, 08:57 AM

Agree with all of this. However, I would add that there should always be a way back for anyone. If this, or any other, individual was to demonstrate a genuine rehabilitation and engagement with decent societal behaviour, I firmly believe they should be able to re-engage with normal social activities, including attending games. I’m not sure what that would look like but if the club and their circle of society were convinced, why not?