PDA

View Full Version : Who next?

Mikey_1875
02-01-2023, 04:53 PM
Assuming that’s LJ done who should we be going for next? Whoever it is it should also come with a big change at board level. If not then it’ll just be another horse on the merry-go-round.

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 04:54 PM
Assuming that’s LJ done who should we be going for next? Whoever it is it should also come with a big change at board level. If not then it’ll just be another horse on the merry-go-round.Steve Kean

Is It On....
02-01-2023, 04:55 PM
Mike Bassett

Scottie
02-01-2023, 04:56 PM
Ted Lasso

DaveF
02-01-2023, 04:56 PM
Sean Dyche is free. Not a hope in hell but...

Vault Boy
02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
I’d give it a go for a 10% pay rise and a company car

sleeping giant
Sean Dyche is free. Not a hope in hell but...

Ooft.

ErinGoBraghHFC
Ranieri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMac1988
02-01-2023, 04:58 PM
Steve Kean

This. Put Kean in charge for a while and make the changes needed in the background to actually accomodate a new manager. If that means Kean until the end of the season then so be it.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 04:59 PM
Ranieri

Just got a new job!

judas
02-01-2023, 04:59 PM
Assuming that’s LJ done who should we be going for next? Whoever it is it should also come with a big change at board level. If not then it’ll just be another horse on the merry-go-round.

It’s so obvious that it’s ridiculous, but the sanctimonious among us won’t have him.

Malkay McKay.

The dalmeny
02-01-2023, 05:00 PM
Mike Bassett

4 4 ******g 2

Iain G
Craig Levein

andy1875
Unless this squad are emptied (except Boyle) then any new manager is on a hiding to nothing from day 1.

I honestly dont think any manager on earth could get this lot going.

Saying that, it doesnt mean I support Johnson. I just dont see what changes with a new manager. If we change, this lot will have seen off 3 managers in little over 12 months.

A squad of absolute dross.

LewysGot2
02-01-2023, 05:01 PM
It’s so obvious that it’s ridiculous, but the sanctimonious among us won’t have him.

Malkay McKay.

Bottom of the table McKay?

Never bother about morals…not that Judas ever did :wink:

leith lynx
Owen Coyle doing a good job at Queens Park.

Is It On....
Ted Lasso

Wouldn't really surprise me if it was Ian Gordon 😬. Reality is that if it wasn't for his background, Martindale with Marv as his assistant would be the favourites

Iain G

Malkay McKay.

🤣 His team are bottom of the league!

Carheenlea
Let’s face it, there isn’t a stand out candidate is there?

GreenCastle
02-01-2023, 05:03 PM
Unless this squad are emptied (except Boyle) then any new manager is on a hiding to nothing from day 1.

I honestly dont think any manager on earth could get this lot going.

Saying that, it doesnt mean I support Johnson. I just dont see what changes with a new manager. If we change, this lot will have seen off 3 managers in little over 12 months.

A squad of absolute dross.

A lot of managers wouldn't have started Fish today. Schoolboy error by the rookie.

The worst argument for not changing the manager is we can't keep changing manager or a new manager won't improve us.

What is very obvious is we are going completely in the wrong direction and someone needs to stop the slide.

A new manager would surely have had us watched and realised where we are are so weak and poor ( majority of the team - especially the CB and CM area).

bingo70
02-01-2023, 05:04 PM
Graham Arnold wanted it before, he’d be my choice but I suspect his successful World Cup put pay to that.

What’s happened to Kjell Knutsen? Was loads of hype about him for ages but all gone quiet, has his team started to struggle? Could he be ready for a change of scenery?

Failing that I’d give it a go as long as I could still go to mad dogs on a
Friday night without getting grief.

SteveHFC
02-01-2023, 05:05 PM
Kermit the frog.

andy1875
A lot of managers wouldn't have started Fish today. Schoolboy error by the rookie.

The worst argument for not changing the manager is we can't keep changing manager or a new manager won't improve us.

What is very obvious is we are going completely in the wrong direction and someone needs to stop the slide.

A new manager would surely have had us watched and realised where we are are so weak and poor ( majority of the team - especially the CB and CM area).

Whilst I dont disagree mate. Who else do we put in today at CB & CM?

Because with that logic of picking those positions, you could argue every single player should have been replaced bar Nisbet who has looked decent.

chippy
For now

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Just got a new job!

Aw, naw! We definitely could’ve tempted big Claudio as well, the Gordon’s could’ve wheeled that opera singer back out!

bingo70
02-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Whilst I dont disagree mate. Who else do we put in today at CB & CM?

Because with that logic of picking those positions, you could argue every single player should have been replaced bar Nisbet who has looked decent.

You okay fish at centre back or you don’t play him and you play our best central midfielder, in midfield (Magennis)

I get the arguments about things being wrong higher up the food chain but that was an absolute shocker from LJ today.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 05:09 PM
You okay fish at centre back or you don’t play him and you play our best central midfielder, in midfield (Magennis)

I get the arguments about things being wrong higher up the food chain but that was an absolute shocker from LJ today.

Trying to be too clever? It's football, never mind that it's Scottish football, keep it simple, set a team up well, everyone knowing their jobs, and change it as needed during the game. No need to go wacky at kick off 😁

andy1875
02-01-2023, 05:10 PM

And keep Cadden at RB if we played Fish at CB?

Cadden has been murder all season at RB has he not?

Look I aint defending Johnson. I just think the squad is more of an issue than the manager at this moment in time. Its rotten.

Maybe a new manager could get more out of them but 3 managers havent so why would a 4th?

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2023, 05:11 PM
robbie neilson

:devil:

Carheenlea
02-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Personally I think, Neil Lennon signed many good players in this time and experienced enough to do it again. Would get him again to do a job until the end of the season. Knows what is the club is about too.

End of season is pretty much the timescale any new manager will get to prove his worth.

Sort of needing to think two steps ahead here and see who might be available for the summer switch.

Shambles of a club.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Stubbs as long as Doolan and Holden come along for the for the ride.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 05:13 PM
End of season and a pretty much the timescale any new manager will get.

Sort of needing to think two steps ahead here and see who might be available for the summer switch.

Shambles of a club.

Gives us time to sack / hire / sack another manager before the summer then 😁

GreenGray
02-01-2023, 05:13 PM
No risks, no unknown quantities, someone who knows Scottish football.

SaulGoodman
02-01-2023, 05:14 PM
John Collins

Colr

The club made a big mistake letting Leeann Dempster go.

Iain G
John Collins

With Maloney as his number 2 😉

BobMilne
02-01-2023, 05:15 PM

Malkay McKay.

Bell end off the day

The Modfather
02-01-2023, 05:16 PM
Someone with a remit to make a first team out of our U19s. Mowbray MKII

Golden Bear
02-01-2023, 05:16 PM
John Collins

I'll second that.

Since90+2
02-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Martindale.

The dalmeny
02-01-2023, 05:17 PM
Mike Bassett

4 4 ******g 2

GloryGlory
02-01-2023, 05:18 PM
If LJ goes can anyone really say a new coach will get any more out of the players than we're currently seeing?

Alfred E Newman
Hermit Crab

HH81
I think we would struggle to get someone good in.

leith lynx
02-01-2023, 05:19 PM
No risks, no unknown quantities, someone who knows Scottish football.

As I said, Owen Coyle. Oven ready and a realistic target in these sad times.

sleeping giant
02-01-2023, 05:20 PM
Steve Clarke.

The Modfather
02-01-2023, 05:20 PM
I'll second that.

I still have a lot of time for a Collins and regularly defend him on here. Unfortunately think he he’s been out of management for too long. The ideal time would have been post Stubbs, under a more modern and professional set up than when he was the manager.

We could do worse though. We need a manager who can manage upwards and drag Ron and co into setting up a proper footballing structure.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2023, 05:21 PM
We really need to improve the quality and consistency of our slavering in this crucial area so it has to be Ron Manager for me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230102/95263f16a1afab2ee2697bc92b096abb.gif

GreenGray
As I said, Owen Coyle. Oven ready and a realistic target in these sad times.

I’d rather him than Martindale or McInnes tbh.

People calling for Martindale blow my mind, wouldn’t work here and likely wouldn’t even join us.

Northernhibee
Nobody decent is going to touch it with a fifty foot barge pole IMO.

Mikey_1875
I agree along the lines of we need someone who knows Scottish football. Never really went off Stephen Robinson after I wanted him when he was at Motherwell but not sure he would come now.

Callum_62
02-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Nobody decent is going to touch it with a fifty foot barge pole IMO.Don't buy that argument

Bilic is a decent respected manager and he went to Watford

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Willis1875
02-01-2023, 05:23 PM
Ian Gordon will be scouring FM2023 for a 2 star rated youth coach straight out of the Guatemalan reserve league

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 05:25 PM
Kevin Muscat

David Martindale

Derek mcinnes

skyehibee
02-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Neil Lennon is clearly the outstanding candidate considering how pish we actually are and the state were in. But the whole recruitment side and Ron would probably instantly put him off so who knows with us right now. We are a joke top to bottom so likely be someone unknown and unproven as nobody sane enough to take the job.

Mainstandman
02-01-2023, 05:26 PM
Neil warnock

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 05:27 PM
Problem is it doesn't matter who the Hibs manager is and who you would like it to be cause as long as our recruitment is has bad as it is most managers are going to fail till this problem is sorted . Honestly I don't see any of the names like McInnes , Martindale or Roy Keane being any better than what we have , If Martindale got it I'd be really disgusted. Id still give LJ the January window though if he were to go I'd like someone like the Australian manager but I think that ship might have sailed!

Hibees1973
02-01-2023, 05:28 PM
How about Chris Wilder.

We are either going to get an inexperienced manager or damaged goods. Wilder did struggle a bit at Middlesbrough but had an excellent spell at Sheffield Utd for a few years.

Straight talker, a world apart from Johnson and would chase numerous of our lightweights out the door.

Is It On....
02-01-2023, 05:28 PM
The club made a big mistake letting Leeann Dempster go.

Gordon wanted her, and other senior management he inherited, replaced with his own people.

e2los
02-01-2023, 05:29 PM
I’d give it a go for a 10% pay rise and a company car

I have an 8 year old nephew who is doing a lot better than I ever could with Hibs on the android version of football manager 2021.

He has big brown eyes and whatever team we put forth would be devastated if they made him cry.

Would probably cost a lot more in wages than yourself, but you get what you pay for /jk.

:flag:

bingo70
02-01-2023, 05:31 PM
How about Chris Wilder.

We are either going to get an inexperienced manager or damaged goods. Wilder did struggle a bit at Middlesbrough but had an excellent spell at Sheffield Utd for a few years.

Straight talker, a world apart from Johnson and would chase numerous of our lightweights out the door.

He’s a Hearts ******* believe it or not 😂

Was on the bottom shop hearts bus to their cup final, he’s got mates from Edinburgh who are Jambos.

Donegal Hibby
Kevin Muscat

David Martindale

Derek mcinnes
UW I normally really like your posts and agree with a lot you say but why on earth you would want Martindale ( who would only separate the Hibs support further) and McInnes who's footballs absolutely honking is beyond me

e2los
If LJ goes can anyone really say a new coach will get any more out of the players than we're currently seeing?

We are past that now.

It's not an if any more.

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-01-2023, 05:34 PM
UW I normally really like your posts and agree with a lot you say but why on earth you would want Martindale ( who would only separate the Hibs support further) and McInnes who's footballs absolutely honking is beyond me

Because they’re proven in the league and wouldn’t accept the boy band pish we have at the minute

Hibees1973
02-01-2023, 05:36 PM
He’s a Hearts ******* believe it or not 😂

Was on the bottom shop hearts bus to their cup final, he’s got mates from Edinburgh who are Jambos.

Never knew that.

The way I'm feeling just now I don't really care who our new manager is. As long as the next one gets his own scouts/recruitment guys in, is a straight talker and has a recent track record of achieving more than is expected (i.e with Sheffield Utd).

Carheenlea
02-01-2023, 05:37 PM
How about Chris Wilder.

OK, I’ll say it first.

Would rather have Gene Wilder.

Vault Boy
02-01-2023, 05:37 PM
I have an 8 year old nephew who is doing a lot better than I ever could with Hibs on the android version of football manager 2021.

He has big brown eyes and whatever team we put forth would be devastated if they made him cry.

Would probably cost a lot more in wages than yourself, but you get what you pay for /jk.

:flag:

If he needs an assistant, I’m not above it…

bingo70
02-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Never knew that.

The way I'm feeling just now I don't really care who our new manager is. As long as the next one gets his own scouts/recruitment guys in, is a straight talker and has a recent track record of achieving more than is expected (i.e with Sheffield Utd).

Oh, absolutely. I think he would be a terrific appointment and I don’t think for a second there would be any divided loyalty. I just think it’s funny how random it is he’s a hearts ******* 😂

AlbertK86
02-01-2023, 05:40 PM

Take them in a heartbeat

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 05:41 PM

I think for me it would bring a bit of stability and fight back into a club that is really struggling. Players seem to love playing for them and they always seem to get their man.

Both know the league inside out, will know our weaknesses and where we need to improve and will likely know available players to improve us quickly.

My biggest concern if the club choose to sack Johnson is that whoever they bring in will want to give everyone a clean slate to only realise in a couple of months they’re rotten. They’ll trust the recruitment that *insert random player* is a real coup and is a good player, only to realise they’re rotten and can’t fully trust their recommendations.

For the past year we’ve been so soft and unorganised, I think those two would come in and flip it and relatively quick.

Torto7
02-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Martindale and Malky M. No thanks.

I'd give it to Kean and try and limp to safety then bleed the youth players in until the end of the season. New manager in the summer or keep Kean and away we go again.

eastmainsmsh
02-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Stubbs or Lennon but dont think either would come back

Diclonius
02-01-2023, 05:47 PM
McInnes.

Glory Lurker
Does it matter? They won't be joining a football business.

Auckland Hibs
Neil Lennon

bingo70
02-01-2023, 05:48 PM
Does it matter? They won't be joining a football business.

Yes it matters.

They could play our players in their right positions for a start.

CL0762
Malky Mackay Jesus H Christ 😂

Humo
Gordon Strachan

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I'm_cabbaged
02-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Malky Mackay Jesus H Christ 😂

Why no?

Glory Lurker
02-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Yes it matters.

They could play our players in their right positions for a start.

But they'll no get to sign the players.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2023, 05:50 PM

I’d take Stubbs as an interim and see how things go. He’d have the support behind him and I also think he’d jump at it.

e2los
02-01-2023, 05:51 PM
If he needs an assistant, I’m not above it…

I'm up for this.. Give it 3 or 4 seasons and we would have a 70k sized stadium and be in the mix re champ league finals.

Can you imagine the headlines: Child FM savant and Vault Boy take Hibs to the CLF!

Ron are you listening!!

Bostonhibby
02-01-2023, 05:52 PM
Malky Mackay Jesus H Christ [emoji23]If he is allowed to work on a Sunday Jesus H Christ could be a great suggestion as we need a miracle worker[emoji106]

Malky's a no from me though.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

e2los
02-01-2023, 05:54 PM
Gordon Strachan

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

How would that work with him being involved/locked into Dundee?

Would be great if it could happen.

CL0762
02-01-2023, 05:57 PM
Why no?

Well for one he’s a horrible racist ****.

And for two, his side are currently sitting bottom of the league.

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 06:01 PM
Because they’re proven in the league and wouldn’t accept the boy band pish we have at the minute

Martindale is a proven mid table manager who has all the tactical genius of a Butcher or Williamson imo and is no better than what we have in charge at the minute . His teams are highly defensive and lump the ball up ,hoping for something to happen . As well as having one of the most unsavoury pasts of any SPFL manager due to being a convicted drug dealer I suppose he's fine . McInnes record is much better though watching his teams style of football is normally honking though if that's what you all want to watch and the kind of people you want at our football club , fair enough , though I don't want either and especially not someone with the morals of Martindale.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 06:05 PM
Well for one he’s a horrible racist ****.

And for two, his side are currently sitting bottom of the league.

And what about Malky? 🤣

Allant1981
02-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Can't see martindale leaving livi, I know someone who deals with the club and he pretty much runs everything and has done for years, from what I can gather he is very well thought of at the club, that being said I personally wouldnt want him at hibs

wills
02-01-2023, 06:34 PM
Would have loved to see Michael O’Neil at the helm, but just taken his second stint at the Northern Ireland job.
We need a strong leader who will stand up to the board and demand his own players. My opinion is that we’ve had too many yes men since Gordon has taken over and the club has no direction.

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2023, 06:39 PM
Lennon, McInnes or maybe Michael O'Neil.

Callum_62
02-01-2023, 06:42 PM
I've no idea who's realistic

Knutsen would be a bit different and currently works under a sporting director

Lennon for the banter

In all honestly tho, haven't got a clue

WhileTheChief..
Neil Lennon is clearly the outstanding candidate considering how pish we actually are and the state were in. But the whole recruitment side and Ron would probably instantly put him off so who knows with us right now. We are a joke top to bottom so likely be someone unknown and unproven as nobody sane enough to take the job.

Steve Clarke.

Either would do enough to avoid relegation this year and start from scratch in the summer.

RG should pony up whatever is required to get one of them in before the window closes. Or McInnes.

Trinity Hibee
Ian Murray?

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2023, 06:43 PM
Michael O'Neil.

Just got the Northern Ireland job

Cammy
John Collins

:agree:

Hibees1973
Cannot see anyone of any credence or credibility taking the managers job at Hibs just now.

The clubs reputation within the game must be embarrassing. Once any candidate know's the current recruitment structure with the owner's son at the helm and the huge, dire squad they will inherit they won't go near it.

Hibs is still a desirable job. It's just not at present due to the catalogue of managers we have had, with Ron and his son in charge.

Ron can easily go out and get someone else, they just won't be any good.

HendoDelivered
02-01-2023, 06:44 PM
Any decent manager worth their salt wouldn’t touch us with a bargepole

Glory Lurker
02-01-2023, 06:47 PM

Exactly. We're not a football club.

Callum_62
02-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Any decent manager worth their salt wouldn’t touch us with a bargepoleI don't buy that

Watford attracted Bilic and they are (maybe. Just slightly) more a basket case than us

Managers will go where they can get reasonable dosh - they all knows its often a short/medium term role

snedzuk
02-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Derek McInnes

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 07:25 PM
I think for me it would bring a bit of stability and fight back into a club that is really struggling. Players seem to love playing for them and they always seem to get their man.

Both know the league inside out, will know our weaknesses and where we need to improve and will likely know available players to improve us quickly.

My biggest concern if the club choose to sack Johnson is that whoever they bring in will want to give everyone a clean slate to only realise in a couple of months they’re rotten. They’ll trust the recruitment that *insert random player* is a real coup and is a good player, only to realise they’re rotten and can’t fully trust their recommendations.

For the past year we’ve been so soft and unorganised, I think those two would come in and flip it and relatively quick.
I'd find both McInnes and Martindale two very disappointing choice's for a new manager and no better than we have now, both have there team's playing the type of football I'd normally change over channels from if they were on TV , I'd even stop following Hibs while Martindale was incharge purely for his past ! I think 3rd place is gone now but I genuinely believe we can still get 4th . I probably in the minority here but I still think we should give Johnson the January window, I really feel he knows we aren't good enough now and as you said taking in a new manager now he will want to access the whole squad again and would be like taking 2 or 3 steps backwards ,if it comes to Johnson being sacked I'd go along the route of Graham Arnold or someone like that. I don't really go along with the unorganised part of your post but do agree we are soft and making to many individual errors like today , midfields soft and defense weak , recruitment has been shambolic to say the least and LJ has stated this also ! With the names that most fans on here are putting forward I don't really see them as a vast improvement on Lee Johnson so I'm going to stick with him even now. :tin hat:

Michael
02-01-2023, 07:29 PM
Lennon because it would at least be entertaining.

SlickShoes
02-01-2023, 07:30 PM
Don’t even care who it is, just not him

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Said on another thread, I can see it being Tam Courts.

Really hope not

Diclonius
02-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Why not cut out the middle man and just appoint Ian Gordon?

bingo70
02-01-2023, 07:33 PM

That’s not true.

We operate in the unemployed managers market and anything we can offer is more than they’re currently earning, as well as that most managers would back themselves to turn around an underperforming club. It’s also a free swing for them as if they fail they’ll just say it’s because we’ve got trigger happy owners.

It’s a great job for any decent manager.

Greencore
02-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Knutsen rejected rosenborg, not a snow balls chance in a microwave would he even have a coffee at easter road.

judas
02-01-2023, 07:44 PM
It’s the usual on here.

Some of the suggestions so ambitious as to be delusional.

So I would like to chip in with Gareth Southgate .

Hibette Seven
02-01-2023, 07:45 PM
How about Chris Wilder.

Good shout ! Would be up for that ! Fed up of Silver Tonged LJ. Was anyone excited by his appointment in the first place. Really ?

Callum_62
02-01-2023, 07:45 PM
It’s the usual on here.

Some of the suggestions so ambitious as to be delusional.

So I would like to chip in with Gareth Southgate .Definately dress sense worthy

Too pragmatic though imho.

If we are getting a DoF they should be choosing the manager

judas
02-01-2023, 07:47 PM

10 points from 4th place with Ross County FFS and who lost some good players close season.

Logie
02-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Neil Lennon or Darren Moore

judas
02-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Bell end off the day

I told you that if you kept that quiet - I would too.

bingo70
02-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Knutsen rejected rosenborg, not a snow balls chance in a microwave would he even have a coffee at easter road.

He seems to have been stopped being linked to other jobs recently, have his team started to struggle?

There’s no point in him joining Rosenberg as it’s the same part of the world. I’m not saying he’d join us but we could offer something Rosenberg couldn’t, a footstep into British football. He’s been waiting on a call from an English club for a while but it’s not happening so he’ll likely need tk move somewhere soon before his stick starts to fall.

h1bs4life
02-01-2023, 07:59 PM
Derek McInnes for me , probably should have went for him after Ross went.
Knows the league would toughen us up and probably make sure we stay up then yet another rebuild in the summer

ThisIsTheYear
02-01-2023, 08:01 PM
I’d take Ian Murray

BlackSheep
02-01-2023, 08:02 PM
I think Lennon’s character would suit Ron and Ben….

MGmick
02-01-2023, 08:04 PM

At the moment.

wookie70
02-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Lennon because it would at least be entertaining.

If you like Horror Movies. Lennon would be right at the bottom of my list. When the going got tough he lashed out and disappeared. He is a man more likely to cause a crisis than solve one.

Greencore
02-01-2023, 08:07 PM
He seems to have been stopped being linked to other jobs recently, have his team started to struggle?

There’s no point in him joining Rosenberg as it’s the same part of the world. I’m not saying he’d join us but we could offer something Rosenberg couldn’t, a footstep into British football. He’s been waiting on a call from an English club for a while but it’s not happening so he’ll likely need tk move somewhere soon before his stick starts to fall.

I believe they (bodo/glimt) missed out on the title last season, his family are very settled in the area and has an amazing relationship with the board, source : my best friend is a big bodo/glimt fan and was asking about him and his coaching style/history and how bodo/glimt got successful.

JammyDoidger
02-01-2023, 08:08 PM
Neil Lennon, don't even consider anyone else.

Paul1642
02-01-2023, 08:14 PM
Copy the Celtic model with Ange Postecoglou and go for a non European.

Yes he has the huge budget but it’s his knowledge of the Japanese league (as well as obviously being a good manager) that has enabled him to sign some really good players without competition from other teams. Any Scottish or English manager with only Uk knowledge that we sign is going to have the same problem signing players as all the previous ones, in that if they are doing well in the UK several other teams with bigger budgets will be after them.

There must be some really good South American, Asian or African managers who would love a change at managing in the Uk.

Any Scottish / English manager that we can realistically get is going to be unproven, failed at a recent job or on other clubs radars.

Halmyre Hibee
02-01-2023, 08:23 PM
What about Scott Brown with Kevin Thomson as his assistant.

Willis1875
02-01-2023, 08:24 PM

Never want to see Kevin Thomson grace Easter Road ever again

JamesHFC
02-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Two British managers who may fancy it are Lee Bowyer & Liam Manning (Chris Hogg his assistant).

bingo70
02-01-2023, 08:30 PM
Two British managers who may fancy it are Lee Bowyer & Liam Manning (Chris Hogg his assistant).

Lee bowyer has always been really disrespectful about Scottish football. **** him 😂

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 08:36 PM
Lee bowyer has always been really disrespectful about Scottish football. **** him 😂4 wins in 26 in his last job too, ****ing huge body swerve 🤣

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 08:37 PM
Liam manning is in charge of MK Dons who are lying in 23th position out of a 24 team league!

Hibs90
02-01-2023, 08:38 PM
Ultimately it doesn't matter who it is if the structure of the football department doesn't change with him.

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Never want to see Kevin Thomson grace Easter Road ever again
:top marks. :agree:

JamesHFC
02-01-2023, 08:40 PM
Liam manning is in charge of MK Dons who are lying in 23th position out of a 24 team league!

He actually got sacked a couple of months ago.

Did well there last season though.

I don't think we'll hire or want either, just stating they will probably be interested in the job.

bingo70
02-01-2023, 08:41 PM
Ultimately it doesn't matter who it is if the structure of the football department doesn't change with him.

Quite the cliche that but it’s not true.

That wasn’t the best team that could have been played today and that’s nothing to do with anybody apart from the manager.

Golden Bear
Pat Nevin with John Collins as Director of Football or vice versa.

Glory Lurker
Changing the wallpaper doesn't stop the wall being knackered.

Unless Ron shows some humility and puts fitba people in charge it won't matter a jot who's boss .

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 08:44 PM

If Kevin Thomson becomes part of the next coaching team I reckon that will be it for me for the rest of the season.

bigwheel
02-01-2023, 08:45 PM
If Kevin Thomson becomes part of the next coaching team I reckon that will be it for me for the rest of the season.

What then ? You come back next season ??

It’s Hibs we support surely ..not who the manager is ….

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 08:46 PM
What then ? You come back next season ??

It’s Hibs we support surely ..not who the manager is ….

Based on the current model he would be gone by next season so I would be free to return.

bigwheel
02-01-2023, 08:48 PM
Based on the current model he would be gone by next season so I would be free to return.

Pfft..stopping watching your team because you don’t agree with who the assistant manager is …

Hibs90
02-01-2023, 08:48 PM
Quite the cliche that but it’s not true.

That wasn’t the best team that could have been played today and that’s nothing to do with anybody apart from the manager.

I agree. He should be doing much better than what he has. He is a part of the overall problem.

Mcbizz1998
02-01-2023, 08:50 PM

Stubbs would I reckon, I think he massively regrets leaving when he did.

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 08:51 PM
I will be muting his ****ing interviews for starters

Donegal Hibby
02-01-2023, 08:53 PM
He actually got sacked a couple of months ago.

Did well there last season though.

I don't think we'll hire or want either, just stating they will probably be interested in the job.
Didn't know he was sacked , had noticed he had done well last year and had him as a potential candidate for the Hibs job before LJ got it , seems to have gone really badly wrong for him there .

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Liam manning was really highly rated at MK Dons and looking at the fans reaction when they sacked him the general consensus seemed to be he was let down by the recruitment in the summer.

Sounds familiar

greenginger
02-01-2023, 08:55 PM
If lee is punted I reckon Steve Kean could get the interim job, and depending on results could get a longer run.

But who knows:dunno:

B.H.F.C
02-01-2023, 08:59 PM
I really think it needs to be an interim appointment to see us through the last 18 league games and keep us up.

There are far bigger issues than the manager so we need to fix them before handing out another long contract to a manager.

Staying up is literally all that matters for the remainder of this season.

GreenCastle
02-01-2023, 09:01 PM
Dean Smith - just been sacked by Norwich who we played pre-season.

Bielsa would be the dream!

BTW these aren't serious suggestions.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 09:02 PM
If lee is punted I reckon Steve Kean could get the interim job, and depending on results could get a longer run.

But who knows:dunno:

Interim managers are pointless, see Ragnick at Man Utd where it was just treading water. If he goes we need a permanent coming in to stamp their mark on it all where there is still a transfer window open.

Callum_62

Bielsa would be dream!Absolutely no chance [emoji23]

Donegal Hibby
Liam manning was really highly rated at MK Dons and looking at the fans reaction when they sacked him the general consensus seemed to be he was let down by the recruitment in the summer.

Sounds familiar
Least he would be thick skinned when it comes to recruitment letting him down :greengrin

bigwheel

Bielsa would be dream!

Unfortunately, We would be as well saying Pep. Smith was on about 2M a year at Norwich ..Biesla 2-3 times that …

Iain G
02-01-2023, 09:03 PM
Absolutely no chance [emoji23]

More chance on Delia 'lets be aving you' Smith...

bingo70
02-01-2023, 09:04 PM
I really think it needs to be an interim appointment to see us through the last 18 league games and keep us up.

There are far bigger issues than the manager so we need to fix them before handing out another long contract to a manager.

Staying up is literally all that matters for the remainder of this season.

At the risk of coming across totally delusional, we’re 3 points off 4th.

Where we’re at just now is miles off that of course but with the right appointment we could kick on from here. This season isn’t a complete right off yet.

Bridge hibs
02-01-2023, 09:04 PM

Bielsa would be dream!He will probably get the Stoke job when Alex Neil gets his jotters

Then theres Alex Neil again

bingo70
02-01-2023, 09:09 PM
Danny Cowley sacked by Portsmouth.

Sure he was highly rated a while ago and think we may have been interested in him before too,

AdidasHibernian
02-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Danny Cowley sacked by Portsmouth.

Sure he was highly rated a while ago and think we may have been interested in him before too,

Always rated Cowley and seems a decent bloke also

B.H.F.C
02-01-2023, 09:16 PM
At the risk of coming across totally delusional, we’re 3 points off 4th.

Where we’re at just now is miles off that of course but with the right appointment we could kick on from here. This season isn’t a complete right off yet.

I suppose we could end up pushing for fourth almost by default because the rest of the league is so dire (a bit like Dundee Utd and Motherwell last season).

That said, I can’t see where a single win is coming from never mind the 6 or 7 we’d need for that to be a possibility.

If we can knock Hearts out of the cup and have safety guaranteed, I’d take that right now.

bingo70
02-01-2023, 09:19 PM
I suppose we could end up pushing for fourth almost by default because the rest of the league is so dire (a bit like Dundee Utd and Motherwell last season).

That said, I can’t see where a single win is coming from never mind the 6 or 7 we’d need for that to be a possibility.

If we can knock Hearts out of the cup and have safety guaranteed, I’d take that right now.

I think with the right team selection we could quite conceivably win the next two games.

mcfly
02-01-2023, 09:21 PM
You can’t just keep sacking managers…..

Pep guardiola wouldn’t win games with this team

Can’t defend, can’t score, no fight

Problem at hibs is mediocre players…

Lessons have not been learned. Ron told us we would be challenging for Europe. Sorry this team without major improvements will be relegated. All teams will fancy there chances v hibs.

PPZPOL
02-01-2023, 09:24 PM

Why not throw in a date with Kelly Brook while you are at it😂.

LaMotta
02-01-2023, 09:26 PM
I’d take Ian Murray

Why?

Hibby70
02-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Always rated Cowley and seems a decent bloke also

Definitely a professional 😬

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2023, 09:32 PM
You can’t just keep sacking managers…..

Pep guardiola wouldn’t win games with this team

Can’t defend, can’t score, no fight

Problem at hibs is mediocre players…

Lessons have not been learned. Ron told us we would be challenging for Europe. Sorry this team without major improvements will be relegated. All teams will fancy there chances v hibs.

We can't change the whole squad this month though.

We need results this season and it doesn't seem like LJ knows how to get these players playing to win any points.

Anyone else coming in simply can'd do as badly. The only reason anyone is saying to stick with LJ is because we can't keep sacking managers.

I don't see why not? If we're going to stick with one, at least make it someobody that can get us winning games!!

Iain G
02-01-2023, 09:33 PM
Definitely a professional 😬

That Bodies well then 😉

Glory Lurker
02-01-2023, 09:36 PM
That Bodies well then 😉

Well played!

LeithMike
02-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Someone who knows what it takes to succeed in Scottish football and can tell the Gordon’s how the club needs to be run rather than the other way about. That’s McInnes for me. I appreciate he’s not perfect but I liked the way Aberdeen played - at least with Hayes and McGinn - and the worst thing on his cv is a fourth place with Aberdeen.

We also know he wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole unless he was assured of control.

Otherwise, I can’t really think of anyone who will prosper in the setup we have.

Torto7
02-01-2023, 09:43 PM
Someone who knows what it takes to succeed in Scottish football and can tell the Gordon’s how the club needs to be run rather than the other way about. That’s McInnes for me. I appreciate he’s not perfect but I liked the way Aberdeen played - at least with Hayes and McGinn - and the worst thing on his cv is a fourth place with Aberdeen.

We also know he wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole unless he was assured of control.

Otherwise, I can’t really think of anyone who will prosper in the setup we have.

I'd love Strachan. I doubt he'd want the hassle though.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 09:43 PM
I'd love Strachan. I doubt he'd want the hassle though.

As long as he brings his son with him 😈

WestCoastHibby
02-01-2023, 09:44 PM
Mike Bassett
At least he sounded like a manager not Joe Pasquale

02-01-2023, 09:51 PM
Heard the next manager will be a lettuce as it'll last longer.

WestCoastHibby
02-01-2023, 09:52 PM
How about Chris Wilder.

We’ve more chance getting Gene Wilder

02-01-2023, 09:54 PM

I think Stubbs would if he was offered it.

Forza Fred
02-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Graham Arnold wanted it before, he’d be my choice but I suspect his successful World Cup put pay to that.

What’s happened to Kjell Knutsen? Was loads of hype about him for ages but all gone quiet, has his team started to struggle? Could he be ready for a change of scenery?

Failing that I’d give it a go as long as I could still go to mad dogs on a
Friday night without getting grief.

I would probably not have thought it a good idea appointing Arnie a couple of months ago but his World Cup has proved that he was able to get a pretty mediocre squad of players play to a level that surprised everyone.

Dunno if that could be replicated and sustained on club level

bingo70
02-01-2023, 10:01 PM
I would probably not have thought it a good idea appointing Arnie a couple of months ago but his World Cup has proved that he was able to get a pretty mediocre squad of players play to a level that surprised everyone.

Dunno if that could be replicated and sustained on club level

I remember looking into his background before when we were linked with him before and on paper his club record is excellent.

Is there any good up and coming Australian manager? Huge generalisation I know but I love the Australians attitude to sport and think it’s a good fit for our country. I know Kisnorbo just joined Troyes, Muscat doing well I think, anybody else?

davym7062
02-01-2023, 10:02 PM
dont matter who it it same *****eee players wll start']

jeffers
02-01-2023, 10:08 PM
I remember looking into his background before when we were linked with him before and on paper his club record is excellent.

Is there any good up and coming Australian manager? Huge generalisation I know but I love the Australians attitude to sport and think it’s a good fit for our country. I know Kisnorbo just joined Troyes, Muscat doing well I think, anybody else?

I’m with you on that. Love the Aussies attitude. Wouldn’t be disappointed with Arnold.

chrisski33
02-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Steven Gerrard 😂

Gatecrasher
02-01-2023, 10:18 PM
Steven Gerrard ��

I know your laughing but I'd have him at Hibs, he's a high profile manager and had rangers playing good football that suited the league. Probably we'll out of our price range though.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 10:19 PM
I know your laughing but I'd have home at Hibs, he's a high profile manager and had rangers playing good football that suited the league. Probably we'll out of our price range though.

Will Ian Beale be coming with him though?

bingo70
02-01-2023, 10:53 PM
Will OGS be ready to get back into management yet?

Is he out our league now or has he been out the game for too long and needs to get a job soon to be relevant again?

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 10:55 PM

Is he out our league now or has he been out the game for too long and needs to get a job soon to be relevant again?

I'd say there's absolutely no chance of attracting someone like that to the Hibs job.

jeffers
02-01-2023, 10:56 PM

Interesting that you mention him. The rumour I heard was that we sounded him out when he was with Molde.

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 11:00 PM

Might sound mental but I wouldn’t want OGS, I think he’d be terrible for us.

HendoDelivered
02-01-2023, 11:00 PM
I know your laughing but I'd have him at Hibs, he's a high profile manager and had rangers playing good football that suited the league. Probably we'll out of our price range though.

He was found out as soon as Beale went to go on his own, he was the brains behind it all. But yeah, zero chance.

loanheadhibby
02-01-2023, 11:27 PM
He was found out as soon as Beale went to go on his own, he was the brains behind it all. But yeah, zero chance.

Can I relate a light hearted story from 2008.
It was the day of the Chelsea v Man U Europen Cup final in Moscow.
I was golfing at Allwoodley in Leeds and passed David O'Leary on the course who was a member.
He was out of work and we were managerless( someone will tell us who had just left and who we got)
I asked him if he was interested. He smiled and said Edinburgh was a lovely city.

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-01-2023, 11:32 PM
Can I relate a light hearted story from 2008.
It was the day of the Chelsea v Man U Europen Cup final in Moscow.
I was golfing at Allwoodley in Leeds and passed David O'Leary on the course who was a member.
He was out of work and we were managerless( someone will tell us who had just left and who we got)
I asked him if he was interested. He smiled and said Edinburgh was a lovely city.

Mixu was in charge for all of 2008 apart from 11 days in January

Donegal Hibby
03-01-2023, 01:24 AM
As a Irish man who cares deeply about HIBERNIAN Football Club David O'Leary and Roy Keane should be no were near the Hibs job! .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_O'Leary
Trouble.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Keane

MWHIBBIES
03-01-2023, 01:38 AM

Malkay McKay.

You seen the table?

darwenhibby
03-01-2023, 04:05 AM
We need someone in the Alex McLeish mode
This time LJ did not buy himself time like Duff Jimmy did with a draw at Tyncastle.
Who?? God knows as there are no obvious candidates out there
But this time we might get the Gunn Skinner Brebner type players earlier to push us back up the table before it’s too late
I think McInnes

ozwoody
03-01-2023, 07:15 AM
As someone else said, I think Graham Arnold would be a good shout.
Won titles in both Australia and Japan, managed in Asian Champions league, been involved in 2 world cups, taking a team largely unfancied into the play off's and just got beat by eventual winners.
He's a great man manager and motivator too, and always seems to get the players playing above and beyond.
He's also not afraid to take tough decisions as was shown by not choosing his son in law or the widely thought best Australian keeper to Qatar