PDA

View Full Version : Will Fish

02-01-2023, 04:07 PM
Absolutely howling!

What the actual **** is he doing for the 1st goal?!!

An embarrassment

Heisenberg
02-01-2023, 04:08 PM
He couldn’t get a game in English non league and we signed him 😂

CL0762
02-01-2023, 04:10 PM
All of those clamouring for him to start 😂😂

allezsauzee
02-01-2023, 04:13 PM
If i was on the fence about the manager before today, the decision to put him in today of all games when he hasn't been deemed good enough to start since August has just about made my mind up. The same applies with McKirdy. If he doesn't realise a derby at Tynie isn't the time and place to be experimenting then I seriously question his judgement.

Waxy
02-01-2023, 04:14 PM
That cant be defended.
I’d imagine he would pronounce himself guilty anyway
That’s where we lost it.
We need to take a major look at recruitment.

Big_Franck
02-01-2023, 04:15 PM

This is what makes this signing all the more frustrating. We could all tell he'd be absolute ***** before even seeing him play. If English non-league fans are saying he was **** wtf did we see in him.

Scorrie
02-01-2023, 04:16 PM

Aye whoever thought he was good enough needs their jotters handed to them. And there’s a fair few other signings as well who are simply awful

Iain G
02-01-2023, 04:17 PM
This is what makes this signing all the more frustrating. We could all tell he'd be absolute ***** before even seeing him play. If English non-league fans are saying he was **** wtf did we see in him.

He was brought in as last minute cover when Rocky got injured, that is why he is here.

Unseen work
02-01-2023, 04:17 PM
Porteous replacement

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Reminds me of that dumplin we signed from Arsenal i think, David Stephens, but not quite as good. :rolleyes:

Stubbsy90+2
02-01-2023, 04:18 PM
This seasons Nathan Wood.

Gets a start, has a horror show and will never be seen again.

Golden Bear
02-01-2023, 04:19 PM
He was a fish out of water playing at right back, that's for sure.

Big_Franck
02-01-2023, 04:24 PM
He was brought in as last minute cover when Rocky got injured, that is why he is here.

Doesn't make the signing any better I'm afraid. Yet another total waste of a wage and someone taking up a place in the squad while contributing zero.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2023, 04:25 PM
Not good

Vault Boy
02-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Don’t really want to go for him. We all know what happened, but frankly it’s our disastrous mismanagement that had him starting a game he shouldn’t have been anywhere near.

Feel for him, to be honest.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 04:26 PM
Doesn't make the signing any better I'm afraid. Yet another total waste of a wage and someone taking up a place in the squad while contributing zero.

I was just reminding people why he was brought in, was never as a starter or first choice.

Playing him as a right back today was the weird decision

02-01-2023, 04:34 PM
Started for the very first time, had an absolute howler for the 1st goal and subbed at half time.

If this is the standard then I fear very badly for us

Allan45
02-01-2023, 04:35 PM
I was just reminding people why he was brought in, was never as a starter or first choice.

Playing him as a right back today was the weird decision
I totally agree! Playing in the derby and not a sniff at other games.

The Captain....
02-01-2023, 04:37 PM
This seasons Nathan Wood.

Gets a start, has a horror show and will never be seen again.Was trying to remember an equally horrible debut but had erased Wood's name from my memory I think.

The decision to start Fish in his first game, in a Derby, away from home, against a tricky quick direct opponent, out of position, what could possibly go wrong.

Get Johnson so far too ****, an absolute slavering clown of a man.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Boyle89
02-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Daniel boateng, david stephens, nathan wood, and now fish. We never get a good young defender from down south, regardless of their pedigree, they turn out rank rotten. Just give our youth a chance! Less said about fish, the better. I'd have subbed him off after the first goal.

overdrive
02-01-2023, 04:39 PM
I take it back wanting him in the team ahead of Hanlon. An actual fish would be better than him.

Is It On....
02-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Started for the very first time, had an absolute howler for the 1st goal and subbed at half time.

If this is the standard then I fear very badly for us

Not his fault..manager chose to give him his first start.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2023, 04:42 PM

it wasn't his first game of football though

02-01-2023, 04:45 PM

True, it was a gamble that badly badly failed and that is the managers fault. However, the absolutely criminal way he allowed hearts to get a goal from that position is nothing to do with the manager. A totally embarrassing goal to lose.

Diclonius
02-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Like a fish out of water.

B.H.F.C
02-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Playing him at right back though. Shocker. Not that that excuses his mistake.

Mikey_1875
02-01-2023, 04:47 PM
Felt sorry for him being deployed out of position on his first start but no excuse for that first goal.

Tricla
02-01-2023, 04:47 PM
He was played at right back. While this doesn't explain his error, he was played out of position in a huge game against three very good frontmen who exploited this weekness. That's not his fault.

ScottB
02-01-2023, 04:50 PM
An absolutely bonkers decision to chuck in a 19 year old for his first start, in a position he doesn’t play, in a match like this.

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2023, 04:52 PM
Like a fish out of water.

And he stank the place out, like kippers left out on the hottest day of the year. He wasn't the only one, right enough.

Northernhibee
02-01-2023, 05:00 PM
It’s as bad for a young players career to be dragged to a club that you’ve no hope in hell of ever being good enough at and thrown to the lions in big games as it is for results and performances.

Not angry at the player as from what I can tell his attitude is fine, I’m angry at the club for bringing him here.

Repeat this sentiment for McKirdy, Melkersen, Hauge, Balde, Jasper, Henderson, Miller, Deferierre, Mueller, Tait, Mackay, Bojang, Tavares, and countless others.

Anyone involved in some of these transfers needs sacked on the spot. It’s blatant that they’re nowhere near even Championship standard in some cases.

HTD1875
02-01-2023, 05:02 PM
Hopefully on his way back to Manchester, Miles off it.

EVENTUALLY
02-01-2023, 05:06 PM
An absolutely bonkers decision to chuck in a 19 year old for his first start, in a position he doesn’t play, in a match like this.

Totally agree. But any defender ought to have done better in that moment.

Scotty Leither
02-01-2023, 05:09 PM
It’s as bad for a young players career to be dragged to a club that you’ve no hope in hell of ever being good enough at and thrown to the lions in big games as it is for results and performances.

Not angry at the player as from what I can tell his attitude is fine, I’m angry at the club for bringing him here.

Repeat this sentiment for McKirdy, Melkersen, Hauge, Balde, Jasper, Henderson, Miller, Deferierre, Tait, Mackay, Bojang, Tavares, and countless others.

Anyone involved in some of these transfers needs sacked on the spot. It’s blatant that they’re nowhere near even Championship standard in some cases.

A list of names tbat should be presented to Ian Gordon and him having to justify signing them.

loanheadhibby
02-01-2023, 05:09 PM
He’s terrible. Send him back to Manchester.

Another reason manager needs sacked tonight

big gogs
02-01-2023, 05:15 PM
All of those clamouring for him to start 😂😂
I put my hands up on this one,I wanted fish to start,but after the first goal,just clear it .on another note who was covering shankland.two hibs players kept him company.

-Jonesy-
02-01-2023, 05:15 PM
More like will pish

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-01-2023, 05:16 PM
I put my hands up on this one,I wanted fish to start,but after the first goal,just clear it .on another note who was covering shankland.two hibs players kept him company.

+1 I wanted him to start as well, I was wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay
02-01-2023, 05:18 PM
More like will pish

Grow up. He's a 19 year old laddie.

PaulSmith
02-01-2023, 05:25 PM
Grow up. He's a 19 year old laddie.

Who gives a flying **** how old he is. Seriously this constant defence of the absolutely dross that we have is as tiresome as watching them play.

There are players at Hibs who are dreadful, cowardly and don’t actually give a toss.

Jay
02-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Who gives a flying **** how old he is. Seriously this constant defence of the absolutely dross that we have is as tiresome as watching them play.

There are players at Hibs who are dreadful, cowardly and don’t actually give a toss.

Settle down. Pathetic name calling of a 19 year old is what I was pointing out. But feel free to carry on with your hysteria if you want.

Widhibs
02-01-2023, 05:31 PM

Repeat this sentiment for McKirdy, Melkersen, Hauge, Balde, Jasper, Henderson, Miller, Deferierre, Tait, Mackay, Bojang, Tavares, and countless others.

Bang on!

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2023, 05:49 PM
I wonder what the Boss told him to do today. Given that he was thrown in at the deep end, or potentially under the bus, he should have been told to clear the ball at any opportunity and not try anything fancy.

Ronniekirk
02-01-2023, 05:50 PM
Like a Fish Out of Water Just assumed the Hearts player wouldn’t jump back up and try and play the ball so wasn’t even aware of his presence Schoolboy stuff Ffs

California-Hibs
02-01-2023, 06:11 PM
Maybe folk will now understand why Lee was hesitant to give him a start before now.

Iain G
02-01-2023, 06:13 PM
Maybe folk will now understand why Lee was hesitant to give him a start before now.

At least start him in his own position though!

Sir David Gray
02-01-2023, 06:29 PM
Absolutely abysmal defending for the first goal today that it's scarcely believable that being a defender is his primary position - genuinely no idea what he's trying to do.

I think we can see why he struggled to play for Stockport last season.

I sincerely hope he's not Ryan Porteous' replacement for the rest of the season if that's what we're in for.

Nicho87
02-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Terminate loan tonight purely based on that half

More to follow hopefully

Hibees1973
02-01-2023, 06:59 PM
Fish has been here for 4 months and Johnson starts him for the first time in the New Year derby.

From what he was like today i can understand why Johnson has not played him. But for Johnson to wait and give him his first start today has inexcusable.

This on it's own, is a sackable offensive for Johnson.

wookie70
02-01-2023, 07:05 PM
The goal had nothing to do with the position he was playing. He could easily have been in that spot as a right centre half. McKirdy was initially at fault for a terrible touch and very poor pass. Fish then very slow to deal with it so the pass back is gone, then a poor attempt at a clearance and an unforgivable bit of defending to let the ball stay live. Shankland's movement is terrific to get the finish and watch Nisbet's movement in comparison when Magennis misses his two chances. From our Keeper to Nisbet we look slow of foot and of thought and it looks like the whole playing side is just out of sync.

uphallhibby
02-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Grow up. He's a 19 year old laddie.Correct, he has been hung out to dry by the management team, barely played as a center half for us and we throw him into a derby at tynie as a defensive midfielder.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 lite using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
02-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Might be wrong but feel sorry for the lad. Thrown in for his 1st start for Hibs, and no idea what to expect at Tynie

Boyle89
02-01-2023, 07:22 PM
Might be wrong but feel sorry for the lad. Thrown in for his 1st start for Hibs, and no idea what to expect at Tynie

You honestly think that nobody in that changing room, be it coaches or other players didn't tell him what it would be like? Presumably he would've been told he was starting before today so he could've even asked? Fair enough, he was playing in an awkward position for him, but he's a pro footballer.

LunasBoots
02-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Young laddy put into a big game and it backfired, can't really blame him.

ScottB
02-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Given Johnson’s rant about the squad after, wonder if he thought he was making some sort of point by chucking the kid in…

JamesHFC
02-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Daniel boateng, david stephens, nathan wood, and now fish. We never get a good young defender from down south, regardless of their pedigree, they turn out rank rotten. Just give our youth a chance! Less said about fish, the better. I'd have subbed him off after the first goal.

Don't forget Darnell Johnson 😅

DH1875
02-01-2023, 08:24 PM
19 or not. His play for their goal was complete amateur stuff and was simply not good enough. I've no idea what he was doing/thinking.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2023, 08:30 PM
Correct, he has been hung out to dry by the management team, barely played as a center half for us and we throw him into a derby at tynie as a defensive midfielder.

Did you watch the game?

Nutmegged
02-01-2023, 09:29 PM
That abomination for the first goal was the worst piece of defending I've ever seen by none, I've seen Hibs concede goals that should be illegal but that took the busicut, I'd never let him near the first team ever again. Absolutely hopeless

S4uzee
02-01-2023, 09:54 PM

It’s Tynecastle ffs, hardly Anfield on a European night

LewysGot2
02-01-2023, 09:55 PM
That abomination for the first goal was the worst piece of defending I've ever seen by none, I've seen Hibs concede goals that should be illegal but that took the busicut, I'd never let him near the first team ever again. Absolutely hopeless

Wow..wait till you find out about the players in the team who are not just 19 year old laddies...

PaulSmith
02-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Settle down. Pathetic name calling of a 19 year old is what I was pointing out. But feel free to carry on with your hysteria if you want.

Aww poor wee laddie can’t handle a being called a few names on Hibs.net but we expect him to be mentally and physically ready to play for the Hibs at Tynecastle.

It’s a big responsibility playing for Hibs and he’s blown the derby today with amateur and dreadful defending.

Dalkeith Boy
02-01-2023, 11:54 PM
Absolutely howling!

An embarrassment

I didn't like the pass from McKirdy, Fish was an absolute joke, Marshall not blameless either as he pushes ball into dangerous areas and then there are 3 or 4 Hibs player and one Hearts player in the box and who pokes it in.......ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...INEXCUSABLE!

uphallhibby
03-01-2023, 08:34 AM
Did you watch the game?Yes, unfortunately I did, my comment was more questioning the manager giving hardly any game time to a rookie centre half and then starting him in a different role in such a big game, his mistake was shocking and set the tone

BoomtownHibees
03-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Yes, unfortunately I did, my comment was more questioning the manager giving hardly any game time to a rookie centre half and then starting him in a different role in such a big game, his mistake was shocking and set the tone

Your post stated he played in midfield. He played at right back

Allant1981
03-01-2023, 08:42 AM
Correct, he has been hung out to dry by the management team, barely played as a center half for us and we throw him into a derby at tynie as a defensive midfielder.

He wasn't playing as a DM

Allant1981
03-01-2023, 08:44 AM
Totally agree. But any defender ought to have done better in that moment.

Exactly, as a CH he would have been in a position like that many times, either clear it or make sure the hearts player was getting no where near it, the excuse of being played out of position is poor

Crunchie
03-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Absolutely howling!

An embarrassment
He made a mistake, Hanlon is doing his usual pointy finger act, marking no one, and on his arse again when the ball hits the net. Let's not abuse another young player before he gets a chance.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2023, 09:00 AM
I feel sorry for the guy.

There is no way back for him now. Short of turning in performances like Beckenbauer for the rest of the season and scoring against Hearts in the Scottish Cup then that mistake will be held against him and there will be no redemption. We may as well send him back to Manchester today.

It was a total howler and he'll know it better than anyone. Why the **** was a 19 year old CB thrown in at RB in the biggest game of the season though? Bonkers decision.

Crunchie
03-01-2023, 09:09 AM

There is no way back for him now. Short of turning in performances like Beckenbauer for the rest of the season and scoring against Hearts in the Scottish Cup then that mistake will be held against him and there will be no redemption. We may as well send him back to Manchester today.

It was a total howler and he'll know it better than anyone. Why the **** was a 19 year old CB thrown in at RB in the biggest game of the season though? Bonkers decision.
Apart from the mistake he actually played ok, but I agree it was a bonkers decision to play him there.

Helensburghhibs
03-01-2023, 09:10 AM

He should have been in and around the team as soon as porto was confirmed as leaving. As a minimum minutes when 4.0 up against livi and 3.0 against celtic. At least he would have got the feel for the pace of the game. To throw him in was a horrendous decision

uphallhibby
03-01-2023, 09:38 AM
Your post stated he played in midfield. He played at right backMy mistake, I meant right back, had a few beers when I posted, apologies

No.10
04-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Apart from the mistake he actually played ok, but I agree it was a bonkers decision to play him there.
Agreed about his overall performance in the short time he was on.

Absolute hysteria from some about Fish. Guy has had 7 senior appearances, maybe 3 from the start. So why did we go for him?........

Tall? Over 6ft so tall enough for a centre back.

Physique? Looks a real specimen, reminds me of John Stones physically.

Heading ability? Who knows as not had enough game time and barely played in position when he has.

Pace? From the little I have seen of him in his 4 appearances he is definitely quick enough for a centre back.

Technique? More than passable. Way ahead of Rocky and well above what we saw from the brief cameos the Aussie lad had.

Basically the guy appears to have all the attributes needed at centre back but lacks experience which is exactly why his club released him here to hopefully get.

Makes one mistake in a high profile game and is virtually hounded out of the club.

Could easily be another Jack Hendry if given the chance.

GRA
04-01-2023, 04:38 PM
I didn't like the pass from McKirdy, Fish was an absolute joke, Marshall not blameless either as he pushes ball into dangerous areas and then there are 3 or 4 Hibs player and one Hearts player in the box and who pokes it in.......ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...INEXCUSABLE!

Fish is the fall guy as he made the most obvious and inexcusable mistake. But the pass from McKirdy put him under pressure initially. Plus Rocky left Ginelly all alone and defenders on their heels after the save by Marshall. Horiffic all round.

Hope it doesn't dent his confidence but long way back from here.