PDA

View Full Version : Hibs hearts beamback

joehibs
31-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Hi, i know doors are 12pm for a 3pm ko. Does anyone know if they will be showing the ugly sisters Derby at 1230?
Cheers

Tyler Durden
31-12-2022, 12:32 PM
Hi, i know doors are 12pm for a 3pm ko. Does anyone know if they will be showing the ugly sisters Derby at 1230?
Cheers

I’m sure they are

bingo70
31-12-2022, 12:36 PM
Cheers

Stupid question I’m sure but is the beam back sold out?

JohnM1875
31-12-2022, 12:59 PM
Cheers

They definitely are. Think it's the main reason it's on from 12.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2022, 12:59 PM

Nothing on the ticket site about them being on sale

Aaron
31-12-2022, 02:05 PM
Cheers

Yes they are :thumbsup:

Ringothedog
31-12-2022, 02:36 PM

Yes it is sold out

Ringothedog
31-12-2022, 02:42 PM

Yes it is sold out

Ardenttwo
31-12-2022, 03:36 PM
Cheers

Yes showing the Bigotry Derby

dp00
01-01-2023, 11:04 PM
I’ve got 2 tickets for the beamback it’s looking likely I won’t be able to use. Anyone know if club would take them back and sell at short notice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC1875
02-01-2023, 07:35 AM
I’ve got 2 tickets for the beamback it’s looking likely I won’t be able to use. Anyone know if club would take them back and sell at short notice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mate was looking for one as we were one short. PM me and I’ll take the 2 ?

Up-the-slope
02-01-2023, 08:57 AM
Maybe just me :dunno: but this thread and another about pubs where peoples first concern is watching the Old Firm :confused: Personally I couldnt give a monkeys about watching them and would not waste build up to a big game for us watching them... or any time...

its also part of the problem with the money imbalance as increased viewing figures for them is used as justification for the status quo

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2023, 09:23 AM
Maybe just me :dunno: but this thread and another about pubs where peoples first concern is watching the Old Firm :confused: Personally I couldnt give a monkeys about watching them and would not waste build up to a big game for us watching them... or any time...

its also part of the problem with the money imbalance as increased viewing figures for them is used as justification for the status quo

Eh? 🤔

Read the thread title.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-01-2023, 10:20 AM

Agreed, couldn’t give a toss about watching that! A game that has no relevance to our league position.
I wonder if Rangers/Celtic fans would be desperately looking for post-match pubs where they can watch our game ?

I’m going to the beam back, but not intending to be there until about 2pm, anyway, but hadn't given a thought that this might be shown.

Up-the-slope
02-01-2023, 12:19 PM
Eh? 🤔

Read the thread title.

:confused: I did... beamback..... in west stand 'pub'... but wanting to know if OF game on

bingo70
02-01-2023, 12:36 PM
:confused: I did... beamback..... in west stand 'pub'... but wanting to know if OF game on

It’s a big game in Scottish football, don’t see the problem with people wanting to watch it.

I’d have taken your point if people wajt do to watch a Man U or Arsenal game or something;

sleeping giant
02-01-2023, 01:16 PM

Shock horror. Fitba fans going for a pint and hoping a match is on while they wait for the big one.
Wtf is wrong with that ?

Nakedmanoncrack
02-01-2023, 04:46 PM
Beamback thoughts - very nice pie is the best comment I can make. Lack of seats, TVs out of sync, and even the small one in corner which was closest to live (only one without adverts on part of screen), was well behind. Had notification on phone for goals before seeing them. People forming queues at the side of the bar when there were staff standing around waiting to serve and nobody going forward did my heed in, go to the bar for f*** sake. Obviously the dire display was the main factor, but would have liked to say something more positive about the experience, doubt I'd do it again.

JohnM1875
03-01-2023, 10:03 AM
Beamback thoughts - very nice pie is the best comment I can make. Lack of seats, TVs out of sync, and even the small one in corner which was closest to live (only one without adverts on part of screen), was well behind. Had notification on phone for goals before seeing them. People forming queues at the side of the bar when there were staff standing around waiting to serve and nobody going forward did my heed in, go to the bar for f*** sake. Obviously the dire display was the main factor, but would have liked to say something more positive about the experience, doubt I'd do it again.

Was always going to be behind with it being a stream.

The lack of seats was bad though. On the plus side for the club they must have made a fair bit of money, over £20 for four Tennant's.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-01-2023, 10:15 AM
Was always going to be behind with it being a stream.

The lack of seats was bad though. On the plus side for the club they must have made a fair bit of money, over £20 for four Tennant's.

Aye, should have added bar prices to my rant!
On the stream being behind, it wouldn’t have been an issue if all TVs had been the same length of time behind. With one TV in Tornadoes well ahead of the others it was the only one worth watching regardless of how far away from it. As for the venue; Albion/Tornadoes not great for watching to be honest, no particularly big screens, and screen size furthers reduced by adverts around them. If it was a sports bar it would be a poor one, though accept that’s not primary purpose of these areas.

Mcbizz1998
03-01-2023, 10:23 AM

Your point on the bar drives me mad as well [emoji23]

I’ve noticed since the return to pubs after covid, people seem have forgotten how to queue for a drink!

Pretty Boy
03-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Thought it was ok. I had a good day with the boys regardless.

TVs were jumpy, not just a delay but a bit stop start. I'm glad I was one of the people who gave a monkeys and got there early to watch the OF gane as I wouldn't have been chuffed to have paid £20 and been one of the dozens standing with people constantly asking to get past them.

The Albion Bar left me wondering what all the fuss was about tbh. Concrete floors, few bog standard tables and dodgy TVs. I doubt I'll be rushing to part with £200 to access it again anytime soon. The table made out of old turnstiles is smart and the service was friendly and decent for those of us who understand how getting served at a bar actually works. Pies were spot on too.

NC1875
03-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Pies were decent, pints were a hit or a miss, some good ones, some flat as anything.

Surely the Ads on the tvs can be stopped and the game on the full screen ? Was annoying with ads changing all the time.

Brightside
03-01-2023, 11:32 AM
Thought it was ok. I had a good day with the boys regardless.

TVs were jumpy, not just a delay but a bit stop start. I'm glad I was one of the people who gave a monkeys and got there early to watch the OF gane as I wouldn't have been chuffed to have paid £20 and been one of the dozens standing with people constantly asking to get past them.

The Albion Bar left me wondering what all the fuss was about tbh. Concrete floors, few bog standard tables and dodgy TVs. I doubt I'll be rushing to part with £200 to access it again anytime soon. The table made out of old turnstiles is smart and the service was friendly and decent for those of us who understand how getting served at a bar actually works. Pies were spot on too.
It’s good at the games tbh. Never rammed and generally a good pint with. Or waiting. They clearly oversold for the beam back

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2023, 11:32 AM
Know people who left at 2 citing it a joke. They headed elsewhere due to lack of seats

Steven79
03-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Pies were decent, pints were a hit or a miss, some good ones, some flat as anything.

Surely the Ads on the tvs can be stopped and the game on the full screen ? Was annoying with ads changing all the time.Got to find the money to pay to change managers every 6 months from somewhere...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ardenttwo
03-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Know people who left at 2 citing it a joke. They headed elsewhere due to lack of seats

Utter shambles. Obviously over subscribed. Not enough seats. Bar staff with
not a clue Our club owners are only interested in fleecing our fans Saw a few walking
out before the Hibs game totally disgusted.

Hibs3-2
03-01-2023, 02:04 PM

Surely the Ads on the tvs can be stopped and the game on the full screen ? Was annoying with ads changing all the time.

Horrific pints in the Albion - i called this out after the St Johnstone game and was outed as a hearts fan - watch yourself mate you might be next.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2023, 02:08 PM
Horrific pints in the Albion - i called this out after the St Johnstone game and was outed as a hearts fan - watch yourself mate you might be next.

I think the issue with the pints yesterday was lack of glassware. First couple I had were fine but after that the quality dropped. That coincided with glasses quite clearly being pulled straight from the glasswasher and having beer poured into them. It's literally impossible to pour a decent pint like that.

matty_f
03-01-2023, 02:26 PM
I was pretty disappointed with it. Pints were ok, didn’t have a great view of the TV and the adverts are ridiculous, i can understand why they might want them there but FFS, we’re there to watch the game so making an already bad view worse was stupid, and actually felt like a proper liberty had been taken.

I knew there would be a delay so turned off notifications on my phone and hoped for the best.

The pie was decent, couldn’t get a chair though so stood for the best part of 4 hours, not really something i enjoy as my back was killing me after a while, and that combined with folk trying to take the space any time one of us went to the bar was not great.

We were down pretty early as well, so it was disappointing not to get seated.

Overall a disappointing experience, big improvements needed if they’re going to do it again - it’s a great idea in principle but wasn’t well executed on the day.

lyonhibs
03-01-2023, 02:34 PM
I think the issue with the pints yesterday was lack of glassware. First couple I had were fine but after that the quality dropped. That coincided with glasses quite clearly being pulled straight from the glasswasher and having beer poured into them. It's literally impossible to pour a decent pint like that.

That is absolute amateur hour stuff and probably my number 1 **** Pub bugbear.

Hillsidehibby
03-01-2023, 03:51 PM
Absolute shambles. Left because we couldn't even see a tv. Saw it was on in The Mash Tun walking up ER. Got a table as well.

Carheenlea
03-01-2023, 08:07 PM
To hear that some fans were left feeling a bit disappointed by the event is never good, but I think it was a good idea in principle.

Hopefully those who organised the event can hear the complaints and look at what would need to be done next time to ensure a smoother run and comfortable operation.

Maybe the ticket price was too low to cover what would be a more manageable capacity? I guess though that there’s a limit to what fans would reasonably be prepared to pay to watch a TV stream.

Libby Hibby
03-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Not enough TVs would be my only negative.

The rest was spot on. Football apart, our group had a great day.

HH81
03-01-2023, 08:43 PM
To hear that some fans were left feeling a bit disappointed by the event is never good, but I think it was a good idea in principle.

Hopefully those who organised the event can hear the complaints and look at what would need to be done next time to ensure a smoother run and comfortable operation.

Maybe the ticket price was too low to cover what would be a more manageable capacity? I guess though that there’s a limit to what fans would reasonably be prepared to pay to watch a TV stream.

Ticket price was £20.00 not sure many would be paying more than that?