PDA

View Full Version : Kenneh

Helensburghhibs
28-12-2022, 11:21 PM
I heard lees comments when defending his decision to play porto in midfield, that kenneh hadn't played there before hibs. Can anyone confirm where he plsyed at leeds, and if, like i suspect it was centre half, then surely its time to put him in alongside rocky

Scotty Leither
28-12-2022, 11:23 PM
I heard lees comments when defending his decision to play porto in midfield, that kenneh hadn't played there before hibs. Can anyone confirm where he plsyed at leeds, and if, like i suspect it was centre half, then surely its time to put him in alongside rocky

Ask Ian Gordon.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2022, 11:28 PM

Best to ignore Johnson to be honest. He hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about. He went on national radio tonight and said Porto was pulling strings in midfield tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neil7908
28-12-2022, 11:29 PM
He's been inconsistent to say the least but I've been impressed with him on a few occasions and really strikes me how symbolic Porto in midfield is for the current state of the club.

Helensburghhibs
28-12-2022, 11:30 PM
Best to ignore Johnson to be honest. He hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about. He went on national radio tonight and said Porto was pulling strings in midfield tonight.

Yeah heard that in the car, hes a man short in there

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2022, 11:42 PM

F'ing seriously? If that's true then I spent all night pulling supermodels :faf:

1875Sean
28-12-2022, 11:44 PM

All reports I read when we signed him was he was a holding midfielder and that’s where he mostly played at Leeds, the issue is he is a 19 year old who hasn’t played any men’s football

lyonhibs
28-12-2022, 11:46 PM

I mean he pulled the strings for Hibs as much as any of our other midfielders did. Which is a bit like saying I recently gained carnal knowledge of Margot Robbie as much as any other Scottish male with ***** hair did

Brightside
29-12-2022, 12:00 AM
Porto is away very soon unless he doesn’t fancy Italy.

Unseen work
29-12-2022, 12:01 AM
Think he means in mens football.

Played there for leeds 23 and sometimes centre half

Unseen work
29-12-2022, 12:02 AM

He played one string I believe when he played a superb pass to Cadden in the first half who then missed the ball.

After that he hardly touched the ball or looked for it

LaMotta
29-12-2022, 01:29 AM
He played one string I believe when he played a superb pass to Cadden in the first half who then missed the ball.

After that he hardly touched the ball or looked for it

Still a far better option than Kenneh though.

LeithMike
29-12-2022, 06:03 AM
Makes you wonder why we are selling JDH. He is definitely the best holding midfielder at the club but needs a better mix alongside him and may have that now Magennis is fit again and Josh Campbell.

Dmas
29-12-2022, 06:12 AM

Far better? It’s a joke Porto is being played there he was lost V rangers for large amounts of the game and completely out his depth last night there is no way he is a midfielder of any sort, it’s even more baffling he’s getting picked in there with how poor we have been defending.
Contract situation to one side he is an International standard defender and we have him in midfield with midfielders sitting on the bench, one of which our manager has signed, I was in the LJ staying camp this guys decisions and his interviews are baffling almost has me doubting my own eyes we’re in a world of trouble and I don’t have the confidence he can get us through it certainly have no confidence in allowing him the clear out that’s required if he thinks a centre half is a better option than a guy he signed for midfield

Stubbsy90+2
29-12-2022, 07:34 AM

:agree:

Kenneh looks absolutely miles off it technically imo.

The Modfather
29-12-2022, 07:38 AM
Makes you wonder why we are selling JDH. He is definitely the best holding midfielder at the club but needs a better mix alongside him and may have that now Magennis is fit again and Josh Campbell.

Probably because we are unlikely to ever have any suitors for Newell & Henderson. Both of whom I’d move on before JDH, so we need to start the clear out with players generating interest. Then accept the financial hit we will likely have to take to move on the likes of Newell, Henderson & Doidge.

Stubbsy90+2
29-12-2022, 07:41 AM
Probably because we are unlikely to ever have any suitors for Newell & Henderson. Both of whom I’d move on before JDH, so we need to start the clear out with players generating interest. Then accept the financial hit we will likely have to take to move on the likes of Newell, Henderson & Doidge.

Yup.

I’m not complaining about JDH going to be fair but we’ll just have to move on who we can rather than who we want in the order that we want.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2022, 07:43 AM
I think Kenneh looks like one of the few young signings who actually has something about him. He has shown in flashes and indeed whole games that there is a player there.

He is what he is though. A young guy who hadn't kicked a ball in a competitive game at 1st team level until this season and that shows through. He's on a steep learning curve and that isn't really his fault. He's the kind we really could have done with to back up someone like Bartley and do his learning with minutes of the bench.

Potentially a very good player imo but madness he is our only real holding midfielder.

Frazerbob
29-12-2022, 07:48 AM
I think Kenneh looks like one of the few young signings who actually has something about him. He has shown in flashes and indeed whole games that there is a player there.

He is what he is though. A young guy who hadn't kicked a ball in a competitive game at 1st team level until this season and that shows through. He's on a steep learning curve and that isn't really his fault. He's the kind we really could have done with to back up someone like Bartley and do his learning with minutes of the bench.

Potentially a very good player imo but madness he is our only real holding midfielder.

This. I think he's a great prospect....we just shouldn't be relying on him as a fist team regular. Folk seem to forget he's only 19. Had he come through the ranks and broken into the team this season, playing a few games here and there, we'd all be very excited about his future.

easty
29-12-2022, 07:51 AM

JDH is definitely a better midfielder technicality than Porto or Kenneh, but he’s a complete sap. Newell gets slated for not getting stuck in enough, but JDH is much worse for it in my opinion.

Josh Campbell is the opposite. He’ll work like ****, and get stuck in, but technically nowhere near good enough for midfield at this level (again, in my opinion).

easty
29-12-2022, 07:53 AM

I think we could move Newell on nae bother at all, but we’re not looking to.

The Modfather
29-12-2022, 07:59 AM

I’m not convinced we could without taking a financial hit. Like most of our players, it’s telling he’s never generated any interest and not a player we have to worry about losing to higher up the food chain. Like JDH another hard nosed decision is needed on Newell IMO.

Brightside
29-12-2022, 08:03 AM

He’s just bought a new build in newcraighall. Unless we pay him off for plenty we are knackered. It’s right next to a bowling club so at least he can get pished most night and walk home.

Brightside
29-12-2022, 08:05 AM
I like Kenneh but chucking him into that game with zero help next to him was torture.

scoopyboy
29-12-2022, 08:09 AM

I think we are selling him simply because we can.

Don't think a bid for any midfield player would be turned down, in fact I don't think any bid for any player would be turned down if it matched the market value.

Brightside
29-12-2022, 08:13 AM
I think we are selling him simply because we can.

Don't think a bid for any midfield player would be turned down, in fact I don't think any bid for any player would be turned down if it matched the market value.

Plenty in this. Also just coz we are selling I wouldn’t expect much better in right now.

Smartie
29-12-2022, 08:29 AM
JDH is definitely a better midfielder technicality than Porto or Kenneh, but he’s a complete sap. Newell gets slated for not getting stuck in enough, but JDH is much worse for it in my opinion.

Josh Campbell is the opposite. He’ll work like ****, and get stuck in, but technically nowhere near good enough for midfield at this level (again, in my opinion).

I thought Josh Campbell did well again last night.

He’s the one out of our midfielders who stands up the most consistently in the big, difficult games.

Given the other issues we have in midfield, he’s the first pick in there for me and looks like he’s maturing into a good player.

hibsbollah
29-12-2022, 08:38 AM

He’s the one out of our midfielders who stands up the most consistently in the big, difficult games.

Given the other issues we have in midfield, he’s the first pick in there for me and looks like he’s maturing into a good player.

What does ‘technically’ mean in this case anyway? His technique was fine when he was volleying goals in with the outside of his foot from outside the box or shielding the ball McGinn style. Saying someone has good/bad ‘technique’ is becoming the worst meaningless cliche out there.

Vault Boy
29-12-2022, 08:38 AM

Agreed. I’ve been surprised to see him frozen out recently, as I’d have put him in the ‘least of our worries’ category when it comes to this team. He’s not perfect, but for a 19 year old, he serves his particularly purpose rather well.

Bridge hibs
29-12-2022, 08:45 AM
He’s just bought a new build in newcraighall. Unless we pay him off for plenty we are knackered. It’s right next to a bowling club so at least he can get pished most night and walk home.He will have trouble doing that, the club is on its knees and is hardly ever open

The Wireless
29-12-2022, 08:50 AM
:agree:

Kenneh looks absolutely miles off it technically imo.
Unfortunately I have to agree.

easty
29-12-2022, 09:28 AM
What does ‘technically’ mean in this case anyway? His technique was fine when he was volleying goals in with the outside of his foot from outside the box or shielding the ball McGinn style. Saying someone has good/bad ‘technique’ is becoming the worst meaningless cliche out there.

It’s pretty clear what technique means. You can disagree with it, but it’s not a cliche.

I don’t think he’s good enough on the ball, passing, dribbling or shooting. I think he works hard, and has a desire, but it’s not enough. I think there’s only space for one of him and Magennis in this team, and that’s no contest…in my opinion.

Helensburghhibs
29-12-2022, 10:19 AM

Yeah totally agree with this

Brightside
29-12-2022, 10:25 AM
It’s pretty clear what technique means. You can disagree with it, but it’s not a cliche.

I don’t think he’s good enough on the ball, passing, dribbling or shooting. I think he works hard, and has a desire, but it’s not enough. I think there’s only space for one of him and Magennis in this team, and that’s no contest…in my opinion.
I’d have him in the defensive role instead of Newell for a start.

BoomtownHibees
29-12-2022, 10:40 AM

I’d have you in instead of Newell

Brightside
29-12-2022, 10:43 AM
I’d have you in instead of Newell

My knees have gone. 😂

B.H.F.C
29-12-2022, 10:49 AM
I’d have Kenneh in on Monday. Keep the ball well away from him but at least he’d offer some form of protection to the defence.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2022, 10:50 AM
My knees have gone. [emoji23]

But your saying you can get there?

Stuart93
29-12-2022, 10:51 AM
Boy looked like he was towing caravans when he came on. Slow as stop. He looked disinterested.

hibsbollah
29-12-2022, 10:53 AM

Yeah, basically technique means ‘everything you do on a football pitch that relates to your body’, ie-not what’s between your ears.

It’s just not a very good way of describing a player.

Put it this way, you can’t be a great player with bad technique or a bad player with great technique.

easty

Me too, but I don’t think either is the right player for that role in our team.

loanheadhibby

He gives his all but has absolutely no ability.
We're struggling if Josh is a first team pick.

flash
29-12-2022, 10:54 AM
Boy looked like he was towing caravans when he came on. Slow as stop. He looked disinterested.

He looked like he has been on since the start.

I get the criticism of Newall and Campbell but they are still levels above Kenneh.

flash
29-12-2022, 10:55 AM

"Absolutely no ability."

This place really is the pits sometimes.

easty
29-12-2022, 10:59 AM
Yeah, basically technique means ‘everything you do on a football pitch that relates to your body’, ie-not what’s between your ears.

It’s just not a very good way of describing a player.

Put it this way, you can’t be a great player with bad technique or a bad player with great technique.

That’s not how I’d define technique in football. To me, it’s how you use the ball. Feel free to disagree though.

You can definitely be a bad player with great technique. There’s loads of them through the years. Attitude counts for a lot.

You can’t be a great player with bad technique though.

CapitalGreen
29-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Our midfield looked a lot more balanced earlier in the season when Kenneh was starting. It’s no coincidence that Campbell and Newell were putting in better performances then too when their defensive responsibilities were reduced. That’s not to say Kenneh hasn’t had a few stinkers this season but which players haven’t? His position in the team isn’t bulletproof like some of his teammates however.

hibsbollah
29-12-2022, 11:08 AM
That’s not how I’d define technique in football. To me, it’s how you use the ball. Feel free to disagree though.

You can definitely be a bad player with great technique. There’s loads of them through the years. Attitude counts for a lot.

Who, Ginola? I honestly can’t think of one. There might be an occasional futsal player who has good technique and a bad footballer but then he wouldn’t have made it through thousands of lads in his age group into the pros.

Brightside
29-12-2022, 11:11 AM

He’s currently our POTY and by some distance. I’d take 10 of him right now.

JimBHibees
29-12-2022, 11:14 AM
He’s just bought a new build in newcraighall. Unless we pay him off for plenty we are knackered. It’s right next to a bowling club so at least he can get pished most night and walk home.

:greengrin

easty
29-12-2022, 11:16 AM
He’s currently our POTY and by some distance. I’d take 10 of him right now.

We’d be rock bottom of the league.

Unseen work
29-12-2022, 11:18 AM

This is how I see technique. How someone controls a ball, strikes a ball, turns etc.

Someone who I think has good technique but just lacks massively in decision making is Henderson. If he could just sort that he could be a good player, he just seems to want to force it or just chuck cross after cross in the box without setting himself or the team being ready for it

Smartie
29-12-2022, 11:18 AM

A couple of things I’d say to this -

1. We ARE struggling. This fact isn’t down to anything that Josh Campbell has or hasn’t done, or can or cannot do.

2. I think he has got ability and that his ability seems to be improving all the time. Over the 3 games since the World Cup, can you think of any situations where any “lack of ability” has been obvious and cost either him or us? I can’t remember any. I remember making a point after the Ross County game that the ability to do the basics had deserted us for 90 minutes - heavy touches, misplaced and poorly weighted passes etc. I’m struggling to pick out any examples of that from Campbell over 3 games. Now if you chuck in plenty of times where he’s won the ball back, retained and recycled possession, the lovely wee ball to put Youan clean through at Ibrox…

Amidst some warranted criticism of all aspects of our play, I think the emergence of Josh Campbell as a very effective midfielder is a bright spot that I’m not sure I was entirely expecting. He’s a good player and merits his place right now.

easty
29-12-2022, 11:25 AM
Who, Ginola? I honestly can’t think of one. There might be an occasional futsal player who has good technique and a bad footballer but then he wouldn’t have made it through thousands of lads in his age group into the pros.

Balotelli, Taarabt, Ravel Morrison, Ben Arfa. Ok, they’re not “bad footballers” but they had the technical ability to be great, but not the attitude. It’s all relative, of course.

hibsbollah
29-12-2022, 11:25 AM
A couple of things I’d say to this -

1. We ARE struggling. This fact isn’t down to anything that Josh Campbell has or hasn’t done, or can or cannot do.

2. I think he has got ability and that his ability seems to be improving all the time. Over the 3 games since the World Cup, can you think of any situations where any “lack of ability” has been obvious and cost either him or us? I can’t remember any. I remember making a point after the Ross County game that the ability to do the basics had deserted us for 90 minutes - heavy touches, misplaced and poorly weighted passes etc. I’m struggling to pick out any examples of that from Campbell over 3 games. Now if you chuck in plenty of times where he’s won the ball back, retained and recycled possession, the lovely wee ball to put Youan clean through at Ibrox…

Amidst some warranted criticism of all aspects of our play, I think the emergence of Josh Campbell as a very effective midfielder in a bright spot that I’m not sure I was entirely expecting. He’s a good player and merits his place right now.

Agree, Josh Campbell is definitely a bright spot. Hes clearly one of our better players. If you wanted other grounds for optimism you could also focus on Youans form, Marshall is still better than most of the leagues keepers, Nisbet has come back hitting the ground running

easty
29-12-2022, 11:26 AM
This is how I see technique. How someone controls a ball, strikes a ball, turns etc.

Someone who I think has good technique but just lacks massively in decision making is Henderson. If he could just sort that he could be a good player, he just seems to want to force it or just chuck cross after cross in the box without setting himself or the team being ready for it

I agree with you on Henderson. Technically looks a good player, prob looks good in training, but he cannae seem to take that on to the pitch.

J-C
29-12-2022, 11:41 AM
Campbell played a beautiful cross field pass with the outside of his boot last night and was one of our better players, he has a decent shot on him and is always in the box looking for the ball.

flash
29-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Campbell played a beautiful cross field pass with the outside of his boot last night and was one of our better players, he has a decent shot on him and is always in the box looking for the ball.

He also has a big heart and looks like he actually wants to be out there.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2022, 12:28 PM
With Campbell, I think he’s trying really hard but I don’t think he’s good enough.

Kenneh, I think there is potential there.

PaulSmith
29-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Kenneh looks like he’s kicking a football for the very first time when he has the ball. Unfortunately has zero awareness and I’ve yet to see him consistently find a man with a pass.

He’s got a great physical presence, I think he can tackle (but nothing springs to mind) and is clearly an athlete. So can we coach the football side into a 21 year old man, I’m not so sure. If it’s true that clubs are interested in him then it’s a bye bye from me.

easty
29-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Kenneh looks like he’s kicking a football for the very first time when he has the ball. Unfortunately has zero awareness and I’ve yet to see him consistently find a man with a pass.

He’s got a great physical presence, I think he can tackle (but nothing springs to mind) and is clearly an athlete. So can we coach the football side into a 21 year old man, I’m not so sure. If it’s true that clubs are interested in him then it’s a bye bye from me.

He’s only 19

jeffers
29-12-2022, 12:54 PM
He also has a big heart and looks like he actually wants to be out there.

Agreed. Last season I thought he was very poor and had nothing to offer other than good energy. I’m not saying he’s become another SJM/Scott Allan but he’s been our best midfielder this season imo. He was one our better performers last night although as the game wore on like more or less the rest of the team he faded.

I realise this is a Kenneh thread, my post above is regarding Josh Campbell.

I’ve said before I think Kenneh is OK. Not great on the ball but at least with him I understand his role and imo does it quite well. When we signed him I thought it was far too big a gamble to be pinning all our defensive/holding midfield hopes on a 19 year old who had never played first team football. It still amazes me that our club thought he’d be the answer.

CapitalGreen
29-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Short pass success % for central midfielders in the league this season.

Doyle-Hayes 88%
Newell 83%
Kenneh 82%
Magennis 82%
Campbell 78%
Henderson 76%

Kenneh has had a couple of high profile errors but I don’t think the idea that his passing is massively below par is really true.

Edinburgh Green
29-12-2022, 02:53 PM
Short pass success % for central midfielders in the league this season.

Doyle-Hayes 88%
Newell 83%
Kenneh 82%
Magennis 82%
Campbell 78%
Henderson 76%

Kenneh has had a couple of high profile errors but I don’t think the idea that his passing is massively below par is really true.

Stats don’t tell the full story. Kenneh plays short safe passes where you’d expect a high pass completion.

CapitalGreen
29-12-2022, 03:13 PM
Stats don’t tell the full story. Kenneh plays short safe passes where you’d expect a high pass completion.

Did you read the post, those stats are based only short passes.

Also, he attempts more long passes per 90 minutes than both Campbell and Magennis and a similar number to Henderson.

Crab apple
29-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Agreed. Last season I thought he was very poor and had nothing to offer other than good energy. I’m not saying he’s become another SJM/Scott Allan but he’s been our best midfielder this season imo. He was one our better performers last night although as the game wore on like more or less the rest of the team he faded.

I realise this is a Kenneh thread, my post above is regarding Josh Campbell.

I’ve said before I think Kenneh is OK. Not great on the ball but at least with him I understand his role and imo does it quite well. When we signed him I thought it was far too big a gamble to be pinning all our defensive/holding midfield hopes on a 19 year old who had never played first team football. It still amazes me that our club thought he’d be the answer.

Totally agree with your last para.

basehibby
29-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Kenneh was chucked into the middle of a game we were vainly chasing against probably the best players he'll meet in Scotland.
He did struggle somewhat and the game passed him by on this occasion. He has time on his side though and will hopefully come back better and stronger for the experience.
Previous performances this season certainly indicate there's a player in there and is well worth persevering with.
Of the other young midfielders out there, Campbell demonstrated ably how much a young player can improve given the chance to learn and develop. Henderson on the other hand continues to frustrate.

hibsbollah
29-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Kenneh was chucked into the middle of a game we were vainly chasing against probably the best players he'll meet in Scotland.
He did struggle somewhat and the game passed him by on this occasion. He has time on his side though and will hopefully come back better and stronger for the experience.
Previous performances this season certainly indicate there's a player in there and is well worth persevering with.
Of the other young midfielders out there, Campbell demonstrated ably how much a young player can improve given the chance to learn and develop. Henderson on the other hand continues to frustrate.

Exactly on the money in your assessment.

Allant1981
29-12-2022, 04:37 PM
Kenneh is not good enough despite a couple of decent performances earlier in the season, the coaching team have clearly realised this due to lack of game time recently. Hopefully this is an area that we improve on in January and get an experienced DM in and not a punt who might be good in 4 or 5 years time

One Day Soon
29-12-2022, 05:32 PM

Among Johnson's weak points - and there are more than just one or two - his timing and choice of substitutions is right up there. Just horrible.

WestStandWillie
29-12-2022, 08:56 PM
I remember watching Kenneh playing in the pre season matches abroad and thinking there’s a player in there somewhere.

He made 2 or 3 similar mistakes in both the matches I watched and then he started doing it in league matches. It flew under the radar a bit as we were playing well collectively.

Would love to see him back in team regularly

Stonewall
29-12-2022, 09:06 PM
Kenneh is not good enough despite a couple of decent performances earlier in the season, the coaching team have clearly realised this due to lack of game time recently. Hopefully this is an area that we improve on in January and get an experienced DM in and not a punt who might be good in 4 or 5 years time

Or a young player in his first season of first team football being taken out of the fray and rested where appropriate. I note mangers being commended for doing this with Josh Doig.

B.H.F.C
29-12-2022, 09:10 PM
Or a young player in his first season of first team football being taken out of the fray and rested where appropriate. I note mangers being commended for doing this with Josh Doig.

Kenneh hasn’t been rested. We had a month and a bit off to rest.

Doig was a different scenario. He was doing well in a team doing well. Kenneh hadn’t been anywhere near that level of performance and the team has also been dreadful.

19 or not he hasn’t really looked the answer to our problems IMO. Think he will play on Monday though so hope he can put a performance in.

Stonewall
29-12-2022, 09:14 PM
Kenneh hasn’t been rested. We had a month and a bit off to rest.

Doig was a different scenario. He was doing well in a team doing well. Kenneh hadn’t been anywhere near that level of performance and the team has also been dreadful.

19 or not he hasn’t really looked the answer to our problems IMO. Think he will play on Monday though so hope he can put a performance in.

Okay I guess time will tell. For the moment we'll agree to differ.

zitelli62
29-12-2022, 09:14 PM
Kenneh will come good through time throwing him now is crazy drip feed him the next year and a half and we will have a good player remember he is only 19.

Scotty Leither
29-12-2022, 09:24 PM

He was woefully out his depth, like he was at Parkhead, a rabbit in headlights.

He hit a pass last night that was about 40 yards away from its intended target, and then his mate Henderson came on and he couldn’t find a player 5 yards away.

That might sound harsh on a 19 year old, but he was heralded as the “no 6” we’d all been waiting for, when the reality is he’s what he looks like, a total rookie who was brought in to do a man’s job, whose place is currently being filled by a centre half.

Allant1981
29-12-2022, 09:25 PM

Or young player who clearly isn't good enough yet to play 1st team football

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 11:43 AM

Josh Campbell is a good honest guy but has no ability and not someone you want on the ball.
Our expectations are so low at the moment that we grasp onto someone like Josh as being a big positive.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 11:47 AM
Think Kenneh has brilliant potential. Shown more than Campbell did early doors and he's turned out quite well.

flash
30-12-2022, 11:48 AM
Josh Campbell is a good honest guy but has no ability and not someone you want on the ball.
Our expectations are so low at the moment that we grasp onto someone like Josh as being a big positive.

That's twice you have said he has no ability when that clearly isn't the case.

He has improved greatly this season and deserves a bit more respect than your comment displays in my humble opinion.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2022, 11:54 AM

He has improved greatly this season and deserves a bit more respect than your comment displays in my humble opinion.

It’s definitely a stretch to say he has no ability.

I’d certainly have him ahead of most other midfielders this season. And he has improved. But other than that wee purple patch at the start of the season he’s another who has struggled to influence many games.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2022, 12:05 PM

He absolutely has. I was a big critic but think he's been good. Needs more games like Aberdeen where he really impacts things, but think that will come.

Brightside
30-12-2022, 12:10 PM

Not sure why you keep saying this. The boy has plenty ability.

theonlywayisup
30-12-2022, 12:14 PM

:tub4:

Josh Campbell is the least of our worries at the moment, so how about giving the kid some praise.

On Wednesday, he was the only player that I saw showing any sort of urgency. As others have said, he was doing the work of three players at times. He's also our leading goalscorer (along with Boyle), so he must have some ability.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 12:33 PM

Yeah you have a point but with all due respect we can't pin our hopes on Josh.
He was poor last season but admittedly has been much better this season.
We are lying 8th in the league and that's a fair indication of where we are at the moment.
We don't have one midfielder who any other club in the SPL would want which is a disgrace for a club like ours.
Roll on 2023.

RIP
30-12-2022, 12:48 PM
Think Kenneh has brilliant potential. Shown more than Campbell did early doors and he's turned out quite well.

This!

Reminds me of Josh and Rocky when they first arrived into the first-team squad. Unsure of where they fitted in, positional play a bit raw and made the odd mistake. However both have improved this season and against Celtic didn't look phased by competing against top foreign players.

Bamba was another example of a fine athlete who arrived raw but improved with games. Nohan is one I have high hopes for.

Saint Hibee
30-12-2022, 12:50 PM

Paul Cairney?

RIP
30-12-2022, 12:52 PM
We don't have one midfielder who any other club in the SPL would want which is a disgrace for a club like ours.

Another howler of a post to add to your long list.🤣

LeithMike
30-12-2022, 01:02 PM
Josh clearly has a role to play and has come on leaps and bounds since last season.

I’d like to see a midfield of JDH, Magennis and JC for the derby but looks like JDH is out so I think it’s got be Kenneh holding. Hopefully Magennis can be a true no. 8 and take the game by the scruff of the neck. If Newell plays and trots about like the other night without picking anyone up then Hearts will go right over us.

Allant1981
30-12-2022, 01:20 PM
Another howler of a post to add to your long list.🤣

Best sticking him/her on ignore, every single post is a pop at the players or club, doubt they are even a hibs fan

J-C
30-12-2022, 03:00 PM

Biggest load of bull crap I've read on here for a while.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 03:03 PM
Best sticking him/her on ignore, every single post is a pop at the players or club, doubt they are even a hibs fan

It's him and yes I admit I can be negative.
To be fair are you actually happy with what's going on at Easter Road?
There is very little to be positive about.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 03:06 PM
Last season you were slaughtering Campbell and saying he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.
Has he made such giant strides.
Be careful as you bigging up certain players has made you a laughing stock on here.

J-C
30-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Maybe being a Hibs fan isn't for you then, in 55 years supporting this club I've seen a hell of a lot more lows than highs but I'll still support them as it's my club. Nowt wrong with having a wee moan but jeez man it's every single post about every single player.

hibsbollah
30-12-2022, 03:13 PM
Last season you were slaughtering Campbell and saying he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.
Has he made such giant strides.
Be careful as you bigging up certain players has made you a laughing stock on here.

MW has strong views that antagonise some folk but he always puts forward evidence to support his arguments. I’m not sure that’s what you’re doing, I’ll leave that to the mods to decide.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-12-2022, 03:21 PM

I’m fairly certain you could walk under a snake’s belly whilst wearing a top hat.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 03:23 PM
MW has strong views that antagonise some folk but he always puts forward evidence to support his arguments. I’m not sure that’s what you’re doing, I’ll leave that to the mods to decide.
Evidence you're joking.
Newell and Doidge?
Go and have a look on the thread 're Newell.
My eyes are my evidence that certain players shouldn't be wearing our amazing jersey.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 03:24 PM
Maybe being a Hibs fan isn't for you then, in 55 years supporting this club I've seen a hell of a lot more lows than highs but I'll still support them as it's my club. Nowt wrong with having a wee moan but jeez man it's every single post about every single player.

You and I must be around the same age.
Surely you're pretty down like me with what's going on.

hibsbollah
30-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Evidence you're joking.
Newell and Doidge?
Go and have a look on the thread 're Newell.
My eyes are my evidence that certain players shouldn't be wearing our amazing jersey.

How can your eyes be your evidence? Surely the things you see WITH your eyes are the evidence :greengrin

basehibby
30-12-2022, 03:29 PM

"No ability" - that's utter drivel mate.
He clearly lacked composure last season but has settled this season and looks much better for it.
Sublime through ball vs the Yams and peach of an equaliser vs the Huns - no ability??? Stop yer greetin as the tears are clearly affecting your eyesight!

green day
30-12-2022, 03:37 PM
I give this guy til maybe Saturday lunchtime at this rate...............

J-C
30-12-2022, 03:48 PM
You and I must be around the same age.
Surely you're pretty down like me with what's going on.

It took us 102 years to win the cup, only won the league cup 3 times and the last time we won the league was 51/52 season with 2nd 2 years in a row, 73 & 74. We've been relegated 3 times in my lifetime. Now when you look at our history that's a pretty pi sh record, we've never been up there all the time winning and challenging, what makes you think it'll change all of a sudden because Ron has taken control.

I agree it's not what we want or deserve but moaning on here won't help, maybe time for some protesting with our feet by not turning up.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 04:11 PM
It took us 102 years to win the cup, only won the league cup 3 times and the last time we won the league was 51/52 season with 2nd 2 years in a row, 73 & 74. We've been relegated 3 times in my lifetime. Now when you look at our history that's a pretty pi sh record, we've never been up there all the time winning and challenging, what makes you think it'll change all of a sudden because Ron has taken control.

I agree it's not what we want or deserve but moaning on here won't help, maybe time for some protesting with our feet by not turning up.
Yeah fair points.
I only want us to be challenging Hearts and Aberdeen for 3rd.
My worry is that Hearts leave us well behind.
Our club should never be behind the likes of Livvi, Ross C, St Mirren and Motherwell after 33 league games.
Gross miss management.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2022, 04:13 PM
"No ability" - that's utter drivel mate.
He clearly lacked composure last season but has settled this season and looks much better for it.
Sublime through ball vs the Yams and peach of an equaliser vs the Huns - no ability??? Stop yer greetin as the tears are clearly affecting your eyesight!
You're deluded.
Josh is a better player without the ball.
He has attributes but not great on the ball.

green day
30-12-2022, 04:30 PM
My worry is that Hearts leave us well behind..

Hearts are into their second decade with no trophy.

They have been in a few Scottish Cup finals last few years and sh*t the bed each time.

They havent won the league cup in 60 odd years and pooped their pants the last chance v St Mirren.

Celtic are as far in front of the rest as they have ever been, Rangers are desperate to win something - if Hearts win anything it will be due to a monumental cockup by one of that pair.

basehibby
30-12-2022, 05:10 PM
You're deluded.
Josh is a better player without the ball.
He has attributes but not great on the ball.

Your claim that Campbell has "no ability" is as deluded as they come in a "pass the razor blades while I manoeuvre out this window" kind of way.

Unseen work
30-12-2022, 05:33 PM
I really like Campbell.

Can use both feet, comfortable doing short and long passes, can score goals plus his energy, stamina and attitude is fantastic. Gets stuck right in and makes tackles.

A couple of times against Celtic he single handedly put them under pressure, sometimes he knew he was never getting the ball but made it uncomfortable for then and just made his presence felt.

I said it a while ago on the transfer thread but I’ve heard some English clubs are interested in him and to me it’s no surprise. I think he’d suit the English leagues perfectly

Tyler Durden
30-12-2022, 05:59 PM
I’ve no doubt that Kenneh can develop into a big asset at this level. He already wins the ball back incredibly well.

The passing and decision making will improve with coaching and experience. We only need to look at Rocky to see how good coaching and a top attitude can help a player develop quickly

Since452
30-12-2022, 06:09 PM
I rate Kenneh very highly. Think he'll be a huge player for us in the coming seasons.

Hibiza
30-12-2022, 06:39 PM
He's another Ian Gordon wonder.

thebausburst
30-12-2022, 11:07 PM
Slower than a week in the pokey, another dud let’s be honest.

JimBHibees
31-12-2022, 07:37 AM
I really like Campbell.

Can use both feet, comfortable doing short and long passes, can score goals plus his energy, stamina and attitude is fantastic. Gets stuck right in and makes tackles.

A couple of times against Celtic he single handedly put them under pressure, sometimes he knew he was never getting the ball but made it uncomfortable for then and just made his presence felt.

I said it a while ago on the transfer thread but I’ve heard some English clubs are interested in him and to me it’s no surprise. I think he’d suit the English leagues perfectly

Agree has had a very good season.

JimBHibees
31-12-2022, 07:38 AM
I’ve no doubt that Kenneh can develop into a big asset at this level. He already wins the ball back incredibly well.

The passing and decision making will improve with coaching and experience. We only need to look at Rocky to see how good coaching and a top attitude can help a player develop quickly

Yep he is 19 should get better. Get him in on Monday

Allant1981
31-12-2022, 08:06 AM
Yep he is 19 should get better. Get him in on Monday

Get him in on Monday even though he isn't ready? he may well get better in time but as it stands just now he isn't good enough, if he was he would be playing

JimBHibees
31-12-2022, 08:07 AM
Get him in on Monday even though he isn't ready? he may well get better in time but as it stands just now he isn't good enough, if he was he would be playing

He has played a number of decent games this season

Allant1981
31-12-2022, 08:10 AM
He has played a number of decent games this season

He has had about 2 or 3 decent games, he just isn't very good, if he was he would be playing more, instead we are having to play a CH in that position

CapitalGreen
31-12-2022, 08:33 AM
Small sample size but we concede a goal every 50 minutes on average (17 in 855 mins) this season when Kenneh isn’t on the pitch compared to every 76 minutes (16 in 1215 minutes) he is on the pitch.

JimBHibees
31-12-2022, 09:31 AM
He has had about 2 or 3 decent games, he just isn't very good, if he was he would be playing more, instead we are having to play a CH in that position

We are not having to we are choosing to.

Allant1981
31-12-2022, 09:47 AM
We are not having to we are choosing to.

Choosing to because at this moment in time the coaching team clearly think RP is the better option, kenneh is like a deer in the headlights at times