PDA

View Full Version : Turnstiles

bingo70
28-12-2022, 10:44 PM
Anybody else get caught up with the problems with the turnstiles in the east tonight?

I got to the ground 10-15 minutes early and ended up missing the first 10 minutes of the game. Scanners so ****ing slow! If you didn’t wait until the screen reset it wouldn’t recognise your card or open the gate for you. Obviously the longer this went on the more people tried to rush through and scanned their card too quickly and folk had to keep waiting on the person coming round with the handheld scanner.

The scanners were like something out the 80s waiting to reload, was murder.

Just on the off chance any of the stewards are looking in, thanks for your efforts. The dogs abuse these guys (on minimum wage no doubt) were getting was out of order as not their fault.

Not sure if Kieron still reads these boards but hopefully something being done to look into this.

lyonhibs
28-12-2022, 10:47 PM
We went in a q in the East, North end, that wasn't a turnstile but a big standard door with a guy with a scanner. The q was shorter and moving faster so I thought nothing of it until we got to the front and the lads said "did you try a turnstile" to which I lied and said I had. He scanned my ticket, got a green tick and then said "You've not tried a turnstile" to which I politely pointed out I've got a valid ticket and proceeded without a further thought.

Glad I did reading the OP.

bingo70
28-12-2022, 10:52 PM
We went in a q in the East, North end, that wasn't a turnstile but a big standard door with a guy with a scanner. The q was shorter and moving faster so I thought nothing of it until we got to the front and the lads said "did you try a turnstile" to which I lied and said I had. He scanned my ticket, got a green tick and then said "You've not tried a turnstile" to which I politely pointed out I've got a valid ticket and proceeded without a further thought.

Glad I did reading the OP.

Yeah you joined the queue beside me.

I wanted to do the same but I had waited so long in my queue I don’t want to risk leaving it when I was close to the front.

To think people got into stadiums for over a hundred years without electronic scanners eh

tamig
28-12-2022, 10:56 PM
Anybody else get caught up with the problems with the turnstiles in the east tonight?

I got to the ground 10-15 minutes early and ended up missing the first 10 minutes of the game. Scanners so ****ing slow! If you didn’t wait until the screen reset it wouldn’t recognise your card or open the gate for you. Obviously the longer this went on the more people tried to rush through and scanned their card too quickly and folk had to keep waiting on the person coming round with the handheld scanner.

Just on the off chance any of the stewards are looking in, thanks for your efforts. The dogs abuse these guys (on minimum wage no doubt) were getting was out of order as not their fault.

Not sure if Kieron still reads these boards but hopefully something being done to look into this.
It was the same on Saturday. There was one erse inside just before kick-off screaming at the steward manning the disabled entrance where there was a big queue as folk were waiting to get their tickets scanned manually. I thought the guy was going to keel over as he was ranting. Ridiculous behaviour. Some of his pals were in the queue and this was what appeared to be behind his outrage.

et_hibby
28-12-2022, 10:57 PM

There should be stewards sending people up to the South End of the East , as I did, where the scanners were fine.

Daniel 1875
28-12-2022, 11:35 PM
In my experience any season ticket in the East works in any turnstile. Big queues at the first few but less than half as many people further up.

Buc
29-12-2022, 12:08 AM
Saw the large Q at the first set of turnstiles and ended up going to the ones at the south end of the east stand. No Q and walked straight through.

jws1875
29-12-2022, 06:23 AM
Turnstile 41 was just spinning so I didn't even scan in. Let one of the stewards know but didn't seem to care.