PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2022, 08:34 PM
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales#section-10-1

JohnM1875
26-12-2022, 09:02 PM
Not sure what's funny?

Unless you mean this;

"DID YOU KNOW? The club’s ambitious redevelopment of their main stand was delayed when they forgot to order seats for it. A bad day at the office."

Then totally agree!

The_Exile
26-12-2022, 09:07 PM
If we take our Hibs tinted specs off here, we can all surely agree that Tynecastle is a brilliant stadium with those steep stands that do wonders for the atmosphere? Remember when we had the old East terracing which was fantastic for the generation of noise. It is (reluctantly to admit) one of my favourite stadiums up here along with Easter Road, Somerset Park and East End Park.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Not sure what's funny?

Unless you mean this;

"DID YOU KNOW? The club’s ambitious redevelopment of their main stand was delayed when they forgot to order seats for it. A bad day at the office."

Then totally agree!Just you wait until it's finished, it will be the finest single tier main stand with no directors box and al fresco media facilities in the whole Gorgie area.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

26-12-2022, 09:14 PM
Not sure what's funny?

Unless you mean this;

Then totally agree!

The 20,099 capacity?

Baader
26-12-2022, 09:18 PM
Yes. They might want to check the capacity. Tiny isnt even 20k

JohnM1875
26-12-2022, 09:18 PM
The 20,099 capacity?

I mean aye, potentially that. But if the list was based on capacity alone we'd be absolutely nowhere near the top 20 either.

Tiny is an absolute ****hole, wouldn't deny that for a second, but it is an atmospheric ****hole. Which is why it's so high on the list.

Wouldn't trade it for the Leith San Siro mind you.

Carheenlea
26-12-2022, 09:19 PM
If we take our Hibs tinted specs off here, we can all surely agree that Tynecastle is a brilliant stadium with those steep stands that do wonders for the atmosphere? Remember when we had the old East terracing which was fantastic for the generation of noise. It is (reluctantly to admit) one of my favourite stadiums up here along with Easter Road, Somerset Park and East End Park.

I’m trying to work out if your post is has a subtle hint of irony or if you’re deadly serious..?

Tynecastle isn’t a bad stadium, but the atmosphere stuff is largely self proclaimed and subsequently jumped on as gospel by people such as those who compiled that list, who more than likely have never actually been to a game there.

JohnM1875
26-12-2022, 09:23 PM
I’m trying to work out if your post is has a subtle hint of irony or if you’re deadly serious..?

Tynecastle isn’t a bad stadium, but the atmosphere stuff is largely self proclaimed and subsequently jumped on as gospel by people such as those who compiled that list, who more than likely have never actually been to a game there.

I honestly think it is a more atmospheric stadium than ours. But that's due to age and design. It's absolutely **** all to do with their fans being better or nosier than ours.

Been to quite a few semi finals there and was impressed hearing our fans.

The_Exile
26-12-2022, 09:24 PM

Like any stadium, it needs a big game to get the noise generated but it does make a difference with the way the stadium is. Anyway, I've been to quite a few derbies there that had a brilliant atmosphere IMO, and I'm sure there would be plenty Jambos that would say the same about Easter Road.

Rumble de Thump
26-12-2022, 09:28 PM
Tynecastle is a dump/shambles and a few people twirling scarves doesn't make for a brilliant atmosphere. And the atmosphere at Ibrox can only be described as good if you're into sectarianism and hatred. Don't expect any football-related songs.

The_Exile
26-12-2022, 09:31 PM
a few people twirling scarves doesn't make for a brilliant atmosphere.............Ibrox can only be described as good if you're into sectarianism and hatred

Nobody is saying that though? I fear this will descend into rampant tribalism rather than the science behind stadium acoustics so I'll bow out here I think.

Rumble de Thump
26-12-2022, 09:43 PM
Nobody is saying that though? I fear this will descend into rampant tribalism rather than the science behind stadium acoustics so I'll bow out here I think.

Hearts fans are not known for being vocal. They are generally very quiet. The fantastic atmosphere has always been a myth and science will back that up.

Donegal Hibby
26-12-2022, 09:45 PM
The ground capacity ? :LOL: .It also being ahead of Wembley and just behind Newcastle's ground would suggest it's been written by someone that's had or still is having away to much Christmas drink. :faf:

Carheenlea
26-12-2022, 09:58 PM
The ground capacity ? :LOL: .It also being ahead of Wembley and just behind Newcastle's ground would suggest it's been written by someone that's had or still is having away to much Christmas drink. :faf:

Probably just a bit of festive fun and not one to be taken too seriously.

Zambernardi1875
26-12-2022, 10:12 PM

Tynecastle having a fantastic intimating atmosphere is a myth. The place is a spruced up dens park. Don’t believe the hype

Northernhibee
26-12-2022, 10:40 PM
With all fans for the Womens' League Cup Final being placed inside their seventy gazillion pound glass curtained new stand, I'm sure I'll have plenty of people to back up that it's an absolute dump.

JohnM1875
27-12-2022, 12:04 AM
Tynecastle having a fantastic intimating atmosphere is a myth. The place is a spruced up dens park. Don’t believe the hype

It's honestly not a myth. The place holds in noise much better than a modern stadium does. That's because it's, for the most part, an ancient crumbling ****hole.

No one is saying Tiny is amazing because of the home fans. Name one modern stadium that's lauded for it's atmosphere? Emirates, Etihad, Spurs new one? I don't think for a second the Hearts fans are better or more vocal than their English counterparts, in fact I know that isn't the case, it's just old stadium design.

Ozyhibby
27-12-2022, 02:35 AM
I think we think it’s got a good atmosphere because we are only there on derby days. Easter road is great on derby days as well, especially night ones.
I was at Tynecastle for a Hearts v Killie game once and it was like a morgue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
27-12-2022, 05:25 AM
It's honestly not a myth. The place holds in noise much better than a modern stadium does. That's because it's, for the most part, an ancient crumbling ****hole.

No one is saying Tiny is amazing because of the home fans. Name one modern stadium that's lauded for it's atmosphere? Emirates, Etihad, Spurs new one? I don't think for a second the Hearts fans are better or more vocal than their English counterparts, in fact I know that isn't the case, it's just old stadium design.

I’ve been to Tynecastle loads of times for many years, and taking my Hibs hat off, I honestly can’t say I’ve experienced an atmosphere inside Tynecastle that’s a whole lot different to anywhere else in Scotland. (Ibrox and Parkhead are louder due to sheer numbers)

theonlywayisup
27-12-2022, 07:12 AM
I maintain that any stadium in the world has great atmosphere when the 'home' team does something special whether that be take a lead in the Derby or a score a late goal.

Can anyone remind me what the atmosphere was like for the Hertz during their Euro campaign this season? They had weeks to plan it, yet I don't recall everyone talking about it that much.

Libby Hibby
27-12-2022, 07:18 AM
I maintain that any stadium in the world has great atmosphere when the 'home' team does something special whether that be take a lead in the Derby or a score a late goal.

Can anyone remind me what the atmosphere was like for the Hertz during their Euro campaign this season? They had weeks to plan it, yet I don't recall everyone talking about it that much.

The BBC commentators kept on going on about it when it was clearly as quiet a football stadium can be when semi full.

hibsbollah
27-12-2022, 07:43 AM

It was hilarious. Steven Craigen mentioning the atmosphere again and again when all you could hear was silence. I was expecting the Florentines/Turks/Latvians to break into Björks ‘Oh So Quiet’.

As has been mentioned, the acoustics help them. But they haven’t got the songbook. And their fans at ER never seem to make much noise either. A glum bunch.

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2022, 08:15 AM

Nah, it's made of Mechano, is dark and dingey and 3 of its stands need replaced.

You rate Tynie along with 2 old relics from a bygone age so I guess that's fitting. But it's an age the rest of the world has left behind. It's not green tinted specs you've got, it's a nostalgic, hipster view of football from the 50s or whenever.

I bet it's been over 10 years since they had an atmosphere as good as the Natural Order game at ER.

Bridge hibs
27-12-2022, 08:31 AM
Nah, it's made of Mechano, is dark and dingey and 3 of its stands need replaced.

You rate Tynie along with 2 old relics from a bygone age so I guess that's fitting. But it's an age the rest of the world has left behind. It's not green tinted specs you've got, it's a nostalgic, hipster view of football from the 50s or whenever.

I bet it's been over 10 years since they had an atmosphere as good as the Natural Order game at ER.Agree, pink faded seats and a new single tiered stand that has started to rust under the seats, at least I think the brown stuff is rust 🤮

Bostonhibby
27-12-2022, 08:34 AM

I bet it's been over 10 years since they had an atmosphere as good as the Natural Order game at ER.[emoji106]

I find myself agreeing with you, again[emoji16]

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2022, 08:40 AM
[emoji106]

I find myself agreeing with you, again[emoji16]

If we don't talk politics.....:greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-12-2022, 08:57 AM
If we don't talk politics.....:greengrin[emoji23] Ach, life would be boring if you only interact with people exactly the same as you.

I don't want too many like me drinking and talking crap with me.

LaMotta
27-12-2022, 09:21 AM
I think the reason some people like Tynecastle is that the stands are so steep you feel quite close to the pitch even when high up in the stand. And because the corners meet so it feels enclosed.

That can contribute to atmosphere of a place in a way, but I dont think the noise etc isnt any louder than anywhere else.

Still amazes me that Hearts built a stadium smaller than ours with no potential for extending, a bizaare error given their fans obsession with attendances and "big team"nonsense.

hibsbollah
27-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Still amazes me that Hearts built a stadium smaller than ours with no potential for extending, a bizaare error given their fans obsession with attendances and "big team"nonsense.

It’s fine, they just pretend their capacity is more than it is.

green day
27-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Agree, pink faded seats and a new single tiered stand that has started to rust under the seats, at least I think the brown stuff is rust 🤮

I wonder how long it will be before they have to rebuild one or two of those old stands?

Some parts really look in poor shape.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2022, 09:41 AM
I think our views of Tynescately are largely framed by rivalry, that's understandable obviously.

I have friends who are Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Utd fans and every one of them states Hearts is their favourite away day. As a stadium it is conductive to a good atmosphere. When Hibs win there we can surely all see that. That doesn't mean it's always jumping obviously but when it gets loud it does hold the noise very well.

It pains me to say it but the only stadium that beats it is Ibrox in full voice. The play off 1st leg when they beat us 2-0 (undeservedly imo) was the loudest I have ever heard a football stadium. Being stuck in the corner really was like being hit by a wall of noise. Us selling over 3/4s of the stand and winning 3-0 in the SC also raised the roof there.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2022, 09:44 AM
It’s fine, they just pretend their capacity is more than it is.19852 according to our family yam who was forced to check himself after someone quoted the figure they disclosed to the council for a safety certificate and their insurance cover, but he continues to say it's far more atmospheric and has "amongst the best facilities in Scotland".

hibsbollah
27-12-2022, 09:46 AM
I think our views of Tynescately are largely framed by rivalry, that's understandable obviously.

I have friends who are Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Utd fans and every one of them states Hearts is their favourite away day. As a stadium it is conductive to a good atmosphere. When Hibs win there we can surely all see that. That doesn't mean it's always jumping obviously but when it gets loud it does hold the noise very well.

It pains me to say it but the only stadium that beats it is Ibrox in full voice. The play off 1st leg when they beat us 2-0 (undeservedly imo) was the loudest I have ever heard a football stadium. Being stuck in the corner really was like being hit by a wall of noise. Us selling over 3/4s of the stand and winning 3-0 in the SC also raised the roof there.

The loudest you’ve heard any football stadium? Is that just in Scotland?

Carheenlea
27-12-2022, 09:55 AM

I’d also say that game was the loudest stadium noise I’ve ever experienced.

(I’ve not a huge number of games under my belt from outwith the confines of Scotland mind you)

Pretty Boy
27-12-2022, 09:59 AM

Nope.

I've not been to a huge amount to big games across the world, albeit an el clasico at Camp Nou probably qualifies, and it was louder than that (admittedly Barcelona lost so the 2nd half noise was predominantly booing).

I've been to a Seville derby, Montpellier, Hertha Berlin, Red Star Paris, Werder Bremen and multiple other Barcelona and Espanol games and it beat any of those hands down.

hibsbollah
27-12-2022, 11:13 AM
Nope.

I've not been to a huge amount to big games across the world, albeit an el clasico at Camp Nou probably qualifies, and it was louder than that (admittedly Barcelona lost so the 2nd half noise was predominantly booing).

I've been to a Seville derby, Montpellier, Hertha Berlin, Red Star Paris, Werder Bremen and multiple other Barcelona and Espanol games and it beat any of those hands down.

That surprises me. Particularly Seville. To be fair, the noise Rangers and Celtic away supports are much louder than anything else in Scotland for obvious reasons. The noisiest Scottish game I’ve been at was the 0-3 cup game at Ibrox (OConnor Sproule Killen).

Michael
27-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Objectively, Tynecastle and Ibrox are the best two stadiums for atmosphere in Scotland. Doesn't mean they have the best atmospheres every week, but they way their built enables good atmospheres.

gbhibby
27-12-2022, 11:49 AM
Heard that Tinycastle has been voted No 1 bus shelter in a recent poll. The atmosphere thing is one of the great myths in Scottish Football.

DH1875
27-12-2022, 12:29 PM
Objectively, Tynecastle and Ibrox are the best two stadiums for atmosphere in Scotland. Doesn't mean they have the best atmospheres every week, but they way their built enables good atmospheres.

Everyone bangs on about the atmosphere at celtic, especially for their European games. I tend to think ibrox is much better.

judas
27-12-2022, 01:17 PM

Good memories in the east seated, but it was gash compared to the one we have now.

Smartie
27-12-2022, 01:50 PM
A lot of what visiting fans like about Tynecastle will apply to Easter Road.

You can’t really underestimate how good it is having grounds within walking distances of town / city centres, let alone a capital city.

I’ve met up with mates who support other clubs before and after games at Easter Road for years as it’s often pinpointed as a decent one to go to as part of a bigger day oot.