PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Hibs

LustForLeith
25-12-2022, 12:14 PM
There’s times when the club don’t always get it right, especially on the pitch.

Today wasn’t one of them.

I was fortunate enough to give up a bit of time today to volunteer at Easter Road. I wasn’t the only one with many others coming along to prepare, serve or deliver meals to those less fortunate than themselves.

To see people come along eager to help was heartwarming. To see orphans from Ukraine and those with maybe no one else to spend Christmas Day with is something that will stay will me for a long time.

Also in attended were David Marshall, Joe Newell, Ian Gordon and Ben Kensell.

Well done to them, the volunteers, the club and the community foundation for making today special for many people.

Proud to be a Hibee.

Still Smiling
25-12-2022, 12:17 PM

I was fortunate enough to give up a bit of time today to volunteer at Easter Road. I wasn’t the only one with many others coming along to prepare, serve or deliver meals to those less fortunate than themselves.

To see people come along eager to help was heartwarming. To see orphans from Ukraine and those with maybe no one else to spend Christmas Day with is something that will stay will me for a long time.

Well done to them, the volunteers, the club and the community foundation for making today special for many people.

Proud to be a Hibee.

Well done to all. Sometimes we all get our priorities wrong. Merry Christmas and 6 points over New Year.🎄🍻

Billy Whizz
25-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Well done all the contributors and helpers today

bigwheel
25-12-2022, 12:27 PM
A club we should always be proud of…well done to all involved [emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]

Donegal Hibby
25-12-2022, 12:54 PM

Proud to be a Hibee.
There's class , there's first class and then there's Hibs class 🇳🇬.well done everyone 👍👏👏

Dalianwanda
25-12-2022, 01:01 PM
Heart wrenching that people are in those situations, heart warming there are people who care enough to help. Wonderful Hibs family i’m so appreciative to be part of 💚

DaveF
25-12-2022, 01:07 PM

Proud to be a Hibee.

Well done to you and all who volunteered 👍

sleeping giant
25-12-2022, 01:10 PM
Heartwarming and heartbreaking.
Well done for taking the time sir.

Scotty Leither
25-12-2022, 01:58 PM

Proud to be a Hibee.

My wife suggested I volunteer for this, and as usual I procrastinated and forgot all about it.

Reading your post makes me feel guilty about myself and proud of the club in equal measure.

Well done to you and others who gave their time up pal, good on you.

👍🏻👍🏻

JamesHFC
25-12-2022, 02:10 PM
Well done 👍

davy67 +
25-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Fantastic. Well done to everyone involved

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-12-2022, 02:24 PM

Proud to be a Hibee.

Well done mate. 👏

wookie70
25-12-2022, 02:59 PM
Well done to all concerned. It was a pleasure to be there pointing a lens and everyone was mucking in and doing their bit for the Community. As said we might not always get it right on the field but I think the Foundation guarantees we are doing the right thing in our community and for me that is a massive part of the club. It certainly made me want to investigate how I can do more to be part of the foundation and I'll be donating a chunk of my fee today towards the cause.

sleeping giant
25-12-2022, 03:12 PM
Well done to all concerned. It was a pleasure to be there pointing a lens and everyone was mucking in and doing their bit for the Community. As said we might not always get it right on the field but I think the Foundation guarantees we are doing the right thing in our community and for me that is a massive part of the club. It certainly made me want to investigate how I can do more to be part of the foundation and I'll be donating a chunk of my fee today towards the cause.

Great stuff.
'Kin love this stuff.

1 8 7 5
25-12-2022, 06:04 PM
My wife suggested I volunteer for this, and as usual I procrastinated and forgot all about it.

Reading your post makes me feel guilty about myself and proud of the club in equal measure.

👍🏻👍🏻

Do it next year Scotty. Promise, you wont regret it.

Agree with every word of the OP. Today? Thats Hibernian right there.

Daniel 1875
25-12-2022, 07:28 PM
It was a phenomenal effort from all involved today. Delivered a few of the parcels and the gratitude from those receiving something at Christmas has been the highlight of my day.

Football has the power to do so much good, great to see the club doing their bit again.

Well done to Lewis, Lynsey, William and everyone else involved from the club and HCF.

Glory Lurker
25-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Well done LFL and all others involved.

CL0762
25-12-2022, 08:45 PM
Do it next year Scotty. Promise, you wont regret it.

Agree with every word of the OP. Today? Thats Hibernian right there.

Having seen the photos etc going round today, I think I’m going to do it next year with my boys. Teach them a bit of humility and appreciation.

Well done to everyone involved.

wookie70
25-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Having seen the photos etc going round today, I think I’m going to do it next year with my boys. Teach them a bit of humility and appreciation.

Well done to everyone involved.

There were a good few father and son and family teams volunteering. I was thinking the same myself and hopefully this will become a yearly event. I hope they put a shout out to everyone that helped. I know Irnbru gave them a thousand cans of juice for instance and I am sure others deserve a mention.

25-12-2022, 11:22 PM

👍🏻👍🏻

Here's what might have happened.

IG: Hi there, I'm Ian Gordon.
SL: Hi, I'm Scotty.
IG: You're not a Leither by any chance?
SL: As a matter of fact I am.
IG: 🤬🤬🤬 You're that 🤬🤬 guy on .net always criticising the recruitment.

A rammy ensues...

😃😃😃 Hope you had a Merry Christmas nonetheless.

And well done to the Club and all the volunteers.

brog
26-12-2022, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting this. I saw the pix earlier and was humbled and proud of our club. Was lovely to see Marsh and Joe N there also along with Ian G and Ben K. I know it has no bearing on our perception of him as a footballer but Joe N appears to be a fine man who has truly absorbed himself in the culture of our club and the community. Well done all.

He's here!
26-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Well done all. Wonderful effort.

Donegal Hibby
26-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Well done to everyone that's involved again . 👍.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-community-foundation-serve-christmas-dinner-to-over-500

Northernhibee
26-12-2022, 11:44 AM
Well done to everyone involved on the day, from the volunteers, chefs, staff, Iain Gordon, Ben Kensell, Joe Newell, and David Marshall. Excellent stuff.