PDA

View Full Version : Team v Livi

Unseen work
21-12-2022, 10:38 PM
Unaware of any fresh injury concerns or players back so based on last week what is everyone’s squad?

Really good first half and then died from the 55th minute, enough to enforce changes or do we think it would be unfair?

For me;

……………………Marshall…………..

Cadden…..Porto…..Rocky…..Cabraja…..

…………………..Kenneh……

…………..Campbell……Magennis…..

McKirdy…………………………….Youan……

………….…………Nisbet……..

Porteous isn’t a centre mid for me and should be back in his best position, thought overall his distribution was poor. Hanlon also at fault for a couple of goals.

Kenneh in to provide defensive cover.

Dropping Newell is unlike me as I rate him but last week he was non existent - appreciate this will never happen. Magennis performed well but I don’t think he is a right winger or creative enough to play there against a stuffy Livi team.

McKirdy in to provide some pace, skill, directness and goal threat.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2022, 10:50 PM
Similar team to that in the opening post for me. Only thing I’d change would be McGeady in for Youan. Just get him on the park and see how long he has in him.

Porteous can’t continue in midfield and think Hanlon’s performance last week will see him drop back in to centre half in his place. Based on what we have is like to see a midfield three of Kenneh, Campbell and Magennis but don’t expect Newell to be left out.

Donegal Hibby
21-12-2022, 11:02 PM
...................... Marshall...............
.. Cadden .. Porto... Rocky.. cabraja..
........................Kennah.................... ...
..... Campbell... Newell..... Magennis..
................... Mckirdy.... Nisbet .............

wookie70
21-12-2022, 11:10 PM
I'd be the team in the first post but McGeady for Youan and Newell for Kenneh

sauzeelegod
21-12-2022, 11:24 PM
…………………….Marshall………………….

Cadden…………Rocky………..Porto…………Cabraja……..

………………Magennis…….Kenneh……..Newell…….

……………………..………McGeady……………………

……………………McKirdy………..Nisbet…………

JammyDoidger
22-12-2022, 02:03 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Rocky
Cabraja

Newell
Campbell
Magennis

Mckirdy

Nisbet
Youan

Cadden and Cabraja to push on, Mckirdy to be given a free role the maverick he is, and Youan and nisbet to cause some bother pinning livi in. Get it done Johnson.

J-C
22-12-2022, 05:30 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh

Campbell
Newell

Magennis

Nisbet
McKirdy

Brightside
22-12-2022, 07:22 AM
Prepare to be upset if you think Hanlon won’t start. Every week Unseen puts up a team without him. 😂

J-C
22-12-2022, 07:25 AM
Prepare to be upset if you think Hanlon won’t start. Every week Unseen puts up a team without him. 😂

What! You mean he doesn't like him, I'd never have guessed.😁

Fergus52
22-12-2022, 07:28 AM

Like the look of this team.

Would like to see a return of the diamond with Boyle out

Stuart93
22-12-2022, 01:54 PM

Based on recent performances though he shouldn’t. Rocky and Porteous both deserving of a place ahead of hanlon

Iain G
22-12-2022, 02:05 PM
Based on recent performances though he shouldn’t. Rocky and Porteous both deserving of a place ahead of hanlon

It's time for Rocky Fish to start 😁

California-Hibs
22-12-2022, 03:14 PM

Yep, I like it. Would be very happy to see that team start

Smartie
22-12-2022, 03:15 PM
Funny how we've been pish lately but I think there are already 2 or 3 decent teams on this thread with robust logic behind them.

18Craig75
22-12-2022, 03:33 PM

Not a bad looking team but I’d have Campbell in for McGennis or Newell in that formation.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Like the look of this team.

Would like to see a return of the diamond with Boyle out

Yeah I agree. It's also a formation that would be suited to Tynecastle, plenty of bodies in midfield but crucially still 2 forwards playing close to each other.

Cabraja would be the main worry for me but hopefully he can regain some form soon.

Gmack7
23-12-2022, 04:47 PM
Is Myko fit?

GreenCastle
23-12-2022, 04:54 PM
Is Myko fit?

Don’t think so.

Any idea what’s wrong with him ?

Hasn’t played since 12th November.

Billy Whizz
23-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Don’t think so.

Picked up a hamstring injury at Killie

Mcbizz1998
23-12-2022, 06:20 PM
Don’t think so.

He is being given a chance to prove his fitness according to the manager.

KiddA
24-12-2022, 05:52 AM

He is honking, I remember the last time he played against Livvy his defensive stance for the goal was shocking and got turned inside out but your right he will probably start and we will probably get beat if he does 😩

JimBHibees
24-12-2022, 08:51 AM
He is honking, I remember the last time he played against Livvy his defensive stance for the goal was shocking and got turned inside out but your right he will probably start and we will probably get beat if he does 😩

Is in no way honking. Still our best left centre back whether he should be is another question

JimBHibees
24-12-2022, 08:52 AM
He is being given a chance to prove his fitness according to the manager.

Hopefully he is close to it and can play in the up coming games if not today.

Hibs90
24-12-2022, 08:53 AM
Absolutely buzzing to see Nouble outmuscle Hanlon again

Nicho87
24-12-2022, 08:54 AM
Marshall

Cadden Porteous Rocky Cabraja

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

McGeady Nisbet Youane

JimBHibees
24-12-2022, 08:55 AM
Yep, I like it. Would be very happy to see that team start

Agree think that looks a decent team. Personally may put Campbell for Newell but happy enough. Need to start creating more and hopefully McGeady Nisbet and McKirdy can provide that.

WhileTheChief..
24-12-2022, 09:26 AM
Agree think that looks a decent team. Personally may put Campbell for Newell but happy enough. Need to start creating more and hopefully McGeady Nisbet and McKirdy can provide that.

These 3 should all start.

They're what LJ has been saying we've been missing and that they will make a difference when available. Well, they can only do that if they're on the pitch, so here's hoping.

Not feeling confident about the game at all. Expect us to have a lot of the ball, control large chunks of the game, but will ultimately get a point at best.

Stubbsy90+2
24-12-2022, 09:28 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Kenneh
Campbell
Magennis

McKirdy
Nisbet
McGeady

Smartie
24-12-2022, 09:35 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Kenneh
Campbell
Magennis

McKirdy
Nisbet
McGeady

Yep, that's my team.

madhatter
24-12-2022, 10:45 AM
If we weren't in such a precarious position, I'd honestly play a few of the youngsters. Megwa and Blaney to name a couple. Think the squad need to be sent a message.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-12-2022, 10:49 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Kenneh
Campbell
Magennis

McKirdy
Nisbet
McGeady

That team SHOULD be beating Livingston, no excuses. I’d go with this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
24-12-2022, 10:56 AM
If we weren't in such a precarious position, I'd honestly play a few of the youngsters. Megwa and Blaney to name a couple. Think the squad need to be sent a message.

Not entirely against the sentiment but with so much still to play for this season we simply need to pick the best team to win the game.

Not sure if it's just blind faith but I'm genuinely heartened by how good some of the teams on this thread look. Having even just a couple of players back from injury changes the picture into a more positive one.

Key West
24-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Marshall

Porteous
Bushiri
Hanlon

Newell

Cadden
Magennis
Campbell
McGeady

Nisbet
McKirdy

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Absolutely buzzing to see Nouble outmuscle Hanlon again

It hasn't actually happened once.

Unseen work
24-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Team announced.

Stevenson in for Cabraja.

Must say Johnson never convinced me when asked about Cabraja in his press conference

silverhibee
24-12-2022, 11:59 AM
Team announced.

Stevenson in for Cabraja.

Must say Johnson never convinced me when asked about Cabraja in his press conference

What was said. :aok:

Unseen work
24-12-2022, 12:01 PM
What was said. :aok:

He was asked if there was anything in the rumours and he said “nah nothing in that actually” before mentioning how there’s two players competing for the left back space and then spoke about Oscar McIntyre coming through.

I might and probably am way off, but just the way he answered it never convinced me he was being completely honest