PDA

View Full Version : ALeague

Bridge hibs
17-12-2022, 08:09 AM
Wow ****ing radgness, pitch invasion, flares thrown and players and ref assaulted !! Melbourne city v Victory 😵

Bridge hibs
17-12-2022, 08:12 AM
Game suspended just now, whats all the protests about, seemingly home fans were planning to leave the stadium on the 20th minute

Forza Fred
17-12-2022, 08:19 AM
The Football Federation announced midweek that they had accepted x million dollars from the NSW government to stage the League’s Grand Finals in z Sydney for the next 3 years,

Up until now it has always been played in the capital city of the team who have earned the right to host it.

Fans of every club are opposed and 20 minute walkouts have occurred at every game.

This was just idiocy though, pure and simpl..by a small section of the Victory support, one of whom assaulted the Melbourne City goalie.

Dunno if it will continue…but Melbourne Victory will be in trouble

Forza Fred
17-12-2022, 08:24 AM
In any crowd there are a small percentage of criminally/drugged/drunken ‘supporters’ who push the envelope too far.

Oz fitba was on a high after the World Cup, but the rival codes will get their friendly tv channels to highlight this and claim fitba is just for hooligans…..again!

Hope Mr Plod can identify the perpetrators and jail them

Bridge hibs
17-12-2022, 08:39 AM
Thanks Fred, never thought I would see that in Australian football 😵

Forza Fred
17-12-2022, 08:58 AM
Thanks Fred, never thought I would see that in Australian football 😵

I think the publicity that was seen about fans in Melbourne’s Federation Square during the world cup has motivated some (probably’ non football fans to get their faces on tvand have a rumble.

Federation Square-was all positive.

This obviously isn’t and while they were wearing clothes similar to Victory’s colours, they looked like Bikies to me….

No doubt there will be an investigation, and the police hopefully will be able to identify the thugs from the tv coverage.

This wasn’t ‘Exuberance’

This was what seemed to be a group of anti social hooligans using the football as a means to carry out violent acts.

Both the City goalie and the ref were assaulted.

I’d have to see the footage again, but my initial view was that a thug hit the goalie with a half full beer bottle.

There’s a couple of games on tomorrow and hopefully there won’t be copy cat behaviour at them.

Waxy
17-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Goalie got smashed in the face with a bucket.

ChilliEater
17-12-2022, 09:30 AM
I think the publicity that was seen about fans in Melbourne’s Federation Square during the world cup has motivated some (probably’ non football fans to get their faces on tvand have a rumble.

Federation Square-was all positive.

This obviously isn’t and while they were wearing clothes similar to Victory’s colours, they looked like Bikies to me….

No doubt there will be an investigation, and the police hopefully will be able to identify the thugs from the tv coverage.

This wasn’t ‘Exuberance’

This was what seemed to be a group of anti social hooligans using the football as a means to carry out violent acts.

Both the City goalie and the ref were assaulted.

I’d have to see the footage again, but my initial view was that a thug hit the goalie with a half full beer bottle.

There’s a couple of games on tomorrow and hopefully there won’t be copy cat behaviour at them.

Worse than a bottle - the metal bucket that had been used to extinguish one of the flares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9fy4DA63g

Seemingly when a flare came on the keeper chucked it back into the crowd, but that's not been shown in the news clips. Still no excuse for what happened next.

The grand finals in Sydney is a shoddy decision and I thought the walk outs were a good idea - but these clowns have just destroyed the feel good factor of the World Cup in a matter of seconds. I'm with you - I hope they get jailed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2022, 09:36 AM
Worse than a bottle - the metal bucket that had been used to extinguish one of the flares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9fy4DA63g

Oor Wullie will be getting his collar felt by Murdoch!😀

Scottie
17-12-2022, 09:43 AM
Oor Wullie will be getting his collar felt by Murdoch!😀
Wtf goes through peoples minds in that moment ? Custodial sentence incoming. :agree:

ChilliEater
17-12-2022, 09:50 AM
Silly from the keeper, but still doesn't excuse the reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMAEB6lbAQ

Jones28
17-12-2022, 10:04 AM
Silly from the keeper, but still doesn't excuse the reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMAEB6lbAQ

That’s horrendous.

Bridge hibs
17-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Forgot Glover was with hibs on our training camp in Dubai in 2019

Northernhibee
17-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Hope whoever threw that bucket gets taught a lesson.

Donegal Hibby
17-12-2022, 11:53 AM
Wow ****ing radgness, pitch invasion, flares thrown and players and ref assaulted !! Melbourne city v Victory 😵
I was shocked when I saw it too , that's why I started a thread on it too about 3 hours after you 😂. Keeper seemed to have got a nasty cut in the face from the bin . Guy that thru bin wil definitely be punished I'd imagine!