PDA

View Full Version : Hibs should have had a Penalty

LaMotta
15-12-2022, 10:17 PM
Lets be honest - this should have been a penalty for Hibs tonight:

https://twitter.com/McnameeBrenden/status/1603504447161655296

WeeRussell
15-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Looked like a very good shout to me, but wasn’t surprised to see there wasn’t any delay for a check on it!

That, Campbell’s effort and Youan’s chance combined with how poor Rangers were, particularly at the back… we could have almost been looking at being out of sight at half time. And then that second half.

S4uzee
15-12-2022, 10:19 PM
Absolutely. But imagine giving that when rangers are 2-1 down at home

LaMotta
15-12-2022, 10:20 PM
Another black mark for VAR not being used correctly in Scotland.

Malthibby
15-12-2022, 10:26 PM
Meybes meybes, bottom line is we were posted missing for the second half & we waited far far too long before trying to change things, architects of our own downfall
which is is annoying because we had them them reeling.
****** losing Porteous for the derby, great having Nisbet back, so not all doom and gloom but they changed things at half time and we didn't, need to learn.

bingo70
15-12-2022, 10:27 PM
Meybes meybes, bottom line is we were posted missing for the second half & we waited far far too long before trying to change things, architects of our own downfall
****** losing Porteous for the derby, great having Nisbet back, so not all doom and gloom but they changed things at half time and we didn't, need to learn.

Are you suggesting the ref and var should take that into account?

If not, I think you’ve posted that on the wrong thread.

Chorley Hibee
15-12-2022, 10:28 PM
Remarkable that VAR haven't intervened and awarded a penalty.

Done over yet again and Hibs won't say a thing.

JohnM1875
15-12-2022, 10:29 PM
Ridiculous that we didn't get a pen for that.

I'm not massive on conspiracy theories etc. But does anyone really think if the roles were reversed and that's Hanlon or Rocky in the same situ the award is Hun penalty.

wookie70
15-12-2022, 10:30 PM
What about the shot Porteous had that flew over and then he was caught almost as he hit the ball. I viewed that as similar to the Argentina Pen the other night in that the shot got away and wasn't going in but the player was fouled. I think Youan got penalised for an almost identical challenge on Lundstrum outside the box.

LaMotta
15-12-2022, 10:30 PM

Mate, there are plenty of other threads discussing our second half pishness. This one is about us not getting a pen at Ibrox!

Sir David Gray
15-12-2022, 10:33 PM
Stonewall penalty.

Remind me, what exactly is VAR being used for?

CapitalGreen
15-12-2022, 10:41 PM
I was told VAR would fix this.

Callum_62
15-12-2022, 10:43 PM
What about the shot Porteous had that flew over and then he was caught almost as he hit the ball. I viewed that as similar to the Argentina Pen the other night in that the shot got away and wasn't going in but the player was fouled. I think Youan got penalised for an almost identical challenge on Lundstrum outside the box.That was was not a pen on Porto, Tillman doenst even make A tackle

The handball, at the time i thought was a weak shout but defo could quite easily has been given

So weird sky basically didnt talk about it again

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
15-12-2022, 11:31 PM
You’re not getting penalties at Ibrox for that unfortunately, with or without VAR. Never happening.

LaMotta
15-12-2022, 11:42 PM
You’re not getting penalties at Ibrox for that unfortunately, with or without VAR. Never happening.

Why do teams get them at Parkhead though?

https://twitter.com/J_113CSC/status/1603518737352908800?t=bw1gTW459Briqzg7XqRqgQ&s=19

JohnM1875
16-12-2022, 12:07 AM

Then there's no point at all in var. I could probably accept not being awarded a pen a few months ago, cause the refs are a joke. But var was brought in to correct that.

If that's in our box tonight against either the the uglies it gets awarded. Not even up for debate.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 12:12 AM
I posted this on the match thread shortly after the incident that Hibs should have had a penalty , 2-1 up at the time if we score it's 3-1 and changes the whole game for me yet VAR didn't seem to look at it ?( I wonder why) later on sevco had one which VAR and Nick Walsh checked and it was overruled and rightly so as it wasn't as blatant as the one we should have had ! (Again I wonder why sevco penalty checked and not Hibs one) I started a thread about who the referee that was appointed for this game as I just knew some big calls and bookings would go against us and I think this has been the case . On the referee thread I started most said there's a club for referee's (Glasgow and Lanarkshire ) . Think VAR centre is in Glasgow too ? Surely we realise that somebody seen this ? VAR isn't going to make any difference to the Scottish game as long as the SFA , Referees and people incharge of VAR are corrupt

1van Sprou7e
16-12-2022, 02:10 AM
What about the shot Porteous had that flew over and then he was caught almost as he hit the ball. I viewed that as similar to the Argentina Pen the other night in that the shot got away and wasn't going in but the player was fouled. I think Youan got penalised for an almost identical challenge on Lundstrum outside the box.

That was never a pen tbf

The handball though, seemed like a clear peak to me surely

matty_f
16-12-2022, 02:41 AM
When you see the replay, it's an absolute stick on penalty. For VAR not to intervene should have everyone asking questions about the integrity of those running it.

There's no way you'd review that and comes to the conclusion that it's not a penalty.

neil7908
16-12-2022, 05:20 AM
We as a club need to start shouting about these issues.

Absolutely nothing will happen if we don't highlight them and demand consistency.

Our media will not do it for us so we need to speak up.

VAR washes away all of the old excuses around refs not seeing things.

hibsbollah
16-12-2022, 05:55 AM

Absolutely nothing will happen if we don't highlight them and demand consistency.

:agree:
And I knew it was going to be the case.

JimBHibees
16-12-2022, 05:56 AM
Alan Muir on var says it all the guy has spent a career doing us over

S4uzee
16-12-2022, 05:57 AM

We’ll say nothing as the club is soft

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 06:06 AM
When they showed the replay of it me and my laddie burst out laughing. The old firm and the hun in particular have been getting a free ride from refs for decades. Anyone who thinks VAR will change that doesn't understand how Scottish football works. Its a pen all day long under the new rules, whether I agree with them is another matter, but its is a pen, no ifs no buts. Penalty

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 06:07 AM
I'll add the Porto booking into the mix for pish refereeing as well. With thatvwee **** Walsh in charge there was no way Porto escapes the game without at least a yellow, surprised he didn't find a way to send him off

JammyDoidger
16-12-2022, 06:09 AM
Stonewaller, sky sports, the commentators, pundits, the referee's, officials, rangers fans all naturally sweep it under the carpet, we should be shouting from the rooftops, we are definitely the worst off with VAR every week something goes against us.

Just_Jimmy
16-12-2022, 06:57 AM
I've posted on here loads of time before Var came in that it won't make any difference because its the same bent people running it.

If anything it's made the league even more bent.

Scottish football is *****

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2022, 07:10 AM
The video ref was the clueless Alan Muir so it's unlikely we are ever getting that. I always remember Muir giving a penalty against us at East End Park when the Dunfermline player handled the ball! 🤡

CapitalGreen
16-12-2022, 07:29 AM
We are paying £100k a year to have decisions like that ignored. Can’t believe some people actually believed it was being brought in for anyone’s benefit other than the old firm 😂😂

LeithMike
16-12-2022, 07:38 AM
Not a penalty for me, the defender’s eyes aren’t even on the ball. There would be a thread on here going nuts if this had been given against Porteous.

It shows the limitations of VAR. There is not solely one way to referee a match and referees can and should have different styles so long as they are fair to both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
16-12-2022, 07:40 AM
VAR is the reason I don't bother watching games anymore. All it does is PROVE Scottish refs are cheats rather than incompetent. Now that it's clear we are being cheated, what's the point ?

bingo70
16-12-2022, 07:54 AM
Not a penalty for me, the defender’s eyes aren’t even on the ball. There would be a thread on here going nuts if this had been given against Porteous.

It shows the limitations of VAR. There is not solely one way to referee a match and referees can and should have different styles so long as they are fair to both teams.

If the defenders eyes weren’t on the ball then they should have been. The fact they weren’t is completely irrelevant in terms of the decision to award a penalty or not.

CapitalGreen
16-12-2022, 07:57 AM

There is nothing in the laws of the game about where a players eyes are looking to determine whether it is handball or not. The arm is extended from this body and the ball strikes him below the t shirt line, that is handball.

LaMotta
16-12-2022, 07:58 AM
If the defenders eyes weren’t on the ball then they should have been. The fact they weren’t is completely irrelevant in terms of the decision to award a penalty or not.

There is nothing in the laws of the game about where a players eyes are looking to determine whether it is handball or not. The arm is extended from this body and the ball strikes him below the t shirt line, that is handball.

:agree::agree:

LaMotta
16-12-2022, 08:00 AM

Celtic got a similar handball given against them recently. So its either a penalty or it isnt. The rules shouldnt be applied differently from one game to the next.

flash
16-12-2022, 08:20 AM

It's not compulsory to have a dig at Hibs in every single post.

It should have been a penalty end of story.

Chorley Hibee
16-12-2022, 08:26 AM

A quick look through this thread shows I'm not the only person who thinks we're soft about speaking our mind.

Have we called anyone out about the latest joke decision against us? No, and we won't either, we'll just accept it, but continue to ask people to pay for a product that is rigged.

Here's the Daily Record with a laughable piece on why it wasn't a penalty:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-sands-rangers-handball-wasnt-28746312

Greenbeard
16-12-2022, 08:28 AM

number9dream
16-12-2022, 08:30 AM
Stonewall penalty.

Remind me, what exactly is VAR being used for?

Would have been a stick-on penalty at any other ground pre-World Cup when our VAR lads were dishing out penalties for any contact with the arm.
Will be interesting to see if there's a change in policy now.

Not In The Know
16-12-2022, 08:33 AM

Nisbet has his foot out ready to control the ball. Rangers players arm deflects the ball away from it

Deffo Penalty.

Chorley Hibee
16-12-2022, 08:33 AM
Would have been a stick-on penalty at any other ground pre-World Cup when our VAR lads were dishing out penalties for any contact with the arm.
Will be interesting to see if there's a change in policy now.

The only factor involved in that decision last night was the fact it was against der Hun.

I've got no doubt we'll see a similar penalty awarded for someone in the near future.

Keith_M
16-12-2022, 08:51 AM
When you see the replay, it's an absolute stick on penalty. For VAR not to intervene should have everyone asking questions about the integrity of those running it.

There's no way you'd review that and comes to the conclusion that it's not a penalty.

And there you have the root of the problem.

A bunch of SFA lackies sitting in an office in Glasgow are the 'peepul' that decide if VAR should intervene, so what chance have we got?

GreenCastle
16-12-2022, 08:52 AM

He’s watching the ball come out the sky ???

His arms are out and making his body much bigger than it should be !

Surely that’s an unnatural position.

As bad as we were 2nd half that was a penalty and the worst part it wasn’t checked and even discussed.

Usual Old Firm bias.

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 08:53 AM
Celtic got a similar handball given against them recently. So its either a penalty or it isnt. The rules shouldnt be applied differently from one game to the next.

To go one step further than that it's actually rules being applied differently from one team to another

hibsbollah
16-12-2022, 08:55 AM
To go one step further than that it's actually rules being applied differently from one team to another

Which is why Scotland decided to go for VAR.

bingo70
16-12-2022, 09:02 AM
While we are on about dodgy refereeing last night. Nobody else on the park gets a yellow for what Porteous got his for.

Booked for being Porteous and now out the new year derby because of it. Unbelievable.

Mcbizz1998
16-12-2022, 09:08 AM
This is why VAR is a disaster. It’s one thing being screwed over when the refs can claim they didn’t see it but to continue to get screwed when there is a team of the twats sitting watching replays of it is completely unacceptable.

Carheenlea
16-12-2022, 09:09 AM
It’s easy to immediately cry corruption with such incidents, but after taking a few deep breaths then look at it a bit more rationally, it’s actually even more evidently clear that corruption is rife within refereeing circles in Scotland.

With VAR the resource that was to help referees make fewer “errors”, the fact they’re being so brazen with it now tells you all you need to know.

Tyler Durden
16-12-2022, 09:09 AM
While we are on about dodgy refereeing last night. Nobody else on the park gets a yellow for what Porteous got his for.

Booked for being Porteous and now out the new year derby because of it. Unbelievable.

Same thing happened in the home game to St Mirren. Porteous makes one soft foul and immediately booked. Complete joke.

hibee_girl
16-12-2022, 09:15 AM

Ref probably knew he’d be out for the derby with a booking.

Tyler Durden
16-12-2022, 09:40 AM
Lets not forget that little weasel Walsh gave Rangers a penalty about 6 weeks ago where the ball bounced up and hit Jayden Richardson of Aberdeen's arm.

Sands arm was in a totally unnatural extended position. So predictable that VAR see no reason to intervene and the likes of Walker and Boyd just gloss over it.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 09:59 AM

I don't think it's actually having a dig at Hibs for fans to ask why Nick Walsh with his association with sevco was picked for this game ? Or how our penalty claim was over looked but sevco's checked ? Our fans pay good money to follow our team and have every right to ask why we can't call out certain situations when we are been blatantly getting cheating by corruption in our game and I agree with CH we will do nothing about it and it will happen again and again till people running Hibernian football club grow a backbone!

where'stheslope
16-12-2022, 10:04 AM
Having just watched the incident, I'm not sure, but Porto looks offside throughout the play before the hand ball?
I don't know what decision was given, but if it was a freekick to Rangers it looks like for offside!

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 10:12 AM
Nick Walsh quick enough giving this and it was deemed to be a penalty!
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12734995/ref-watch-should-rangers-have-been-awarded-a-penalty-against-aberdeen#:~:text=Rangers%204%2D1%20Aberdeen&text=INCIDENT%3A%20Aberdeen%20conceded%20a%20penal ty,the%20ball%20to%20bounce%20up.

Of course our penalty claim isn't one though I'd say not much difference , probably ours more of a claim than one Nick Walsh gave to his beloved sevco and so the lies and excuses start . https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-sands-rangers-handball-wasnt-28746312

Diclonius
16-12-2022, 10:17 AM
This is why VAR won't make a difference. They simply will not review decisions that could go against the OF.

Should be a challenge system, like in tennis, where reviews are forced.

big gogs
16-12-2022, 10:58 AM

What is the point,never gave at the time,remember the game was in govan.but if a hibs player done it,would it have been given.without doubt.

Carheenlea
16-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Said it before and I’ll say it again - Scottish Football can’t be trusted with VAR, end of.

Anywhere which appoints referees to officiate games with vested interests in one of the clubs will only result in selective use of VAR to suit.

gbhibby
16-12-2022, 11:18 AM
VAR is only as good as the refs who are sitting in the box,I rest my case

Feed McGraw
16-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Var or no Var, no difference to us through there.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 12:06 PM
VAR is fast coming a new toy for the old firm , ignore decision's that go against them ( like last night) . Highlight , justify and award decision that go for them . No point having it at ER at all when you have people like Beaton and Walsh in charge of our game and God Knows who else back in VAR Glasgow headquarters watching it with blue tinted glasses. Not just Hibs that's in a mess but the entire Scottish game riddled with deceit and corruption. Personally I think a lot of the blame for this should be aimed at our own football club !

DinkyTwo
16-12-2022, 12:27 PM
Surely now that we have these flashpoint incidents supposedly being double and triple checked, the non-OF teams can start to build a case for bias.

Obviously, that will be very difficult to prove, but at least if we're challenging these inconsistent decisions then the only other excuse that can be given now is total and utter incompetence.

That won't be a good look, so the SFA would have to be seen as doing something to address the situation. Even if that ends up with this happening a little less often, under the guise of "we've had further training" then it's a win for the Teams on the recieving end of these decisions.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
16-12-2022, 12:57 PM
This incident is basically saying you can put your arm out in the box and let the ball land on it from the sky and it won’t be given as a penalty.

Porto gets a yellow for a nothing foul yet Morelos gets away with a full blown push of a Hibs player no where near ball and no card.

PatHead
16-12-2022, 12:59 PM
I was against VAR in the first place. The main reason was that I expected nothing to change except it highlighting the decisions that go against us and the Glasgow clubs getting more.
I also suspect that they will shout the loudest when they don't get a penalty in an incident like last night.

the_ginger_hibee
16-12-2022, 01:09 PM
I was against VAR in the first place. The main reason was that I expected nothing to change except it highlighting the decisions that go against us and the Glasgow clubs getting more.
I also suspect that they will shout the loudest when they don't get a penalty in an incident like last night.

Celtic are already shouting louder than us about last nights penalty. There is a VAR conspiracy against them apparently.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 02:52 PM
Celtic are already shouting louder than us about last nights penalty. There is a VAR conspiracy against them apparently.
Which in away shows the people running our football club to be too cowardly to call out something that's wrong and basically match fixing . Really embarrassing stuff !

Callum_62
16-12-2022, 03:31 PM
Celtic are already shouting louder than us about last nights penalty. There is a VAR conspiracy against them apparently.Any links?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

basehibby
16-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Lets be honest - this should have been a penalty for Hibs tonight:

https://twitter.com/McnameeBrenden/status/1603504447161655296

WTF happened to VAR???
Edit - I see that's already been discussed, but in the age of VAR, what would previously have been waved away as referee incompetence is exposed as blatant corruption here. There is no way that could have been missed and no way it could be interpreted as anything other than a pen with today's rules. The club need to lodge a protest and make this official.

BoomtownHibees
16-12-2022, 03:49 PM
Which in away shows the people running our football club to be too cowardly to call out something that's wrong and basically match fixing . Really embarrassing stuff !

As far as I can see it’s Celtc fans calling it out rather than Celtc themselves

basehibby
16-12-2022, 03:53 PM
It's early doors and the club may yet take some action. As you point out this is effectively match fixing - a criminal matter if I'm not mistaken.

hibsbollah
16-12-2022, 04:02 PM
It's early doors and the club may yet take some action. As you point out this is effectively match fixing - a criminal matter if I'm not mistaken.

Absolutely no chance. We’d much rather continue to do what we’ve always done, bend over and take it hard and fast from the Troon mafia.

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Nick Walsh quick enough giving this and it was deemed to be a penalty!
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12734995/ref-watch-should-rangers-have-been-awarded-a-penalty-against-aberdeen#:~:text=Rangers%204%2D1%20Aberdeen&text=INCIDENT%3A%20Aberdeen%20conceded%20a%20penal ty,the%20ball%20to%20bounce%20up.

Of course our penalty claim isn't one though I'd say not much difference , probably ours more of a claim than one Nick Walsh gave to his beloved sevco and so the lies and excuses start . https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-sands-rangers-handball-wasnt-28746312
Nock Walsh and Alan Tair!
Sums up the quality of the Daily Record hacks. 🤣🤣

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 04:29 PM
As far as I can see it’s Celtc fans calling it out rather than Celtc themselves

I have no love for Celtic or there fans both them and there neighbors are tarred with the one brush as far as I'm concerned though least somebody is calling it out for what it is ! It is match fixing which should be a criminal matter though while your right about it being early doors it's not the first time a issue regarding Walsh or Beaton has arisen in a game involving our football club and the clubs normally taken a vow of silence on the matter so I'm not hopeful they will take action this time ! I think this is one of the ex- referees that had a go at LJ , he thought it was a penalty as well as everybody else apart from Walsh and Muir of course , interesting enough the article says our penalty claim wasn't even reviewed!.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9931688/expected-hibs-penalty-current-circumstances-ref-roache-rangers-handball/

CapitalGreen
16-12-2022, 04:43 PM
Must have been nice for the Rangers lad Devine to have his former teacher refereeing his debut game.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 04:50 PM
Absolutely no chance. We’d much rather continue to do what we’ve always done, bend over and take it hard and fast from the Troon mafia.
This is exactly what I think will happen and I find it really sad that people running our club are so spineless , makes you feel like walking away from football all together ! They call it the beautiful game but sadly this is so far from the truth of it ! It's ugly and corrupt, full of match fixing and it seems our Scottish football is right up with the best of them on this ☹️

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 04:53 PM
Nock Walsh and Alan Tair!
Sums up the quality of the Daily Record hacks. 🤣🤣
Must have been on the Buckie while writing the article :greengrin

Since90+2
16-12-2022, 04:58 PM
Must have been nice for the Rangers lad Devine to have his former teacher refereeing his debut game.

Irrelevant.

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 05:01 PM
You make that seem more innocent than it actually is. Walsh is actually a PE teacher at one of the elite academies that the hun use and his work day uniform includes wearing Rangers tracksuits. He works by extension for the hun and is allowed to referee their games. Over 30% of hun matches this year have been reffed by him!!!

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 05:02 PM
Irrelevant.
Disagree completely. Only in Scotland would that be allowed to happen. Walsh is by extension a hun employee as he coaches and teaches at one of the schools they use for their elite players

CapitalGreen
16-12-2022, 05:13 PM
You make that seem more innocent than it actually is. Walsh is actually a PE teacher at one of the elite academies that the hun use and his work day uniform includes wearing Rangers tracksuits. He works by extension for the hun and is allowed to referee their games. Over 30% of hun matches this year have been reffed by him!!!

He’s reffed 3 of our last 4 visits to Ibrox.

basehibby
16-12-2022, 05:25 PM

That's incredible - only in Scotland FFS!

HIBS NUTS
16-12-2022, 06:26 PM
That's incredible - only in Scotland FFS!

If the penalty was given on VAR , walsh would have went to the screen like every other referee, and given it.
The problem on this occasion mabye isn’t walsh.

Since90+2
16-12-2022, 06:45 PM

He doesn't work for the Huns in anyway, shape or form.

Donegal Hibby
16-12-2022, 06:55 PM
Which brings us back to the (3) most disappointing and alarming fact's of it all .(1) People in the SFA are regularly picking him for these games in the full knowledge of his association with sevco which shows that they are obviously trying to assist sevco in league matches against other teams (E-G our game last ) just shows how much corruption and how underhanded the SFA are !
(2) Repeatedly this has been happening , we all know it so surely the top brass at Hibs know it too ? Is it just fear on there part to come out and condemn this in the name of fair play ? (If it is fear time they left the club) Or does the corruption run much deeper than us fans know? My own views are the club should be right on this case from the first time it happened instead of doing nothing like they have done in the past.
(3)Most of the fans on the Hibs net seem to be more concerned with " The Newell " or Lee Johnson Threads which I don't find as nearly as bad as this one . We can always replace a player or a manager though this situation is of everything that's bad in our game (basically match fixing and cheating) by people that are running Scottish football. Sadly if we had got that penalty at 2-1 and scored it we go 3-1 up and imo it's a totally different game and we are either winning or drawing it which would have changed the Hibs net threads for awhile as everyone would be happy with a win or a draw! Though once again the SFA and Walsh have fixed this not to be!

Ringothedog
16-12-2022, 07:45 PM

He is employed by a school who have a big association with Glasgow Rangers so will as an employee especially as part of the schools PE be under their influence if not their employment. He should not under any circumstances be allowed to referee their games. It leaves him and Scottish football open to claims of cheating/corruption regardless of whether it is true or not

McSwanky
16-12-2022, 08:15 PM
I missed the match, but have seen the footage. Still catching up, but am I right in saying VAR didn't even look at it?

If that's the case, then football in this country really is ****ed. We probably all suspected this for years, but the lack of even a referral in this case totally confirms it.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2022, 09:30 PM
He’s reffed 3 of our last 4 visits to Ibrox.Ach, maybe he just lives round the corner?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
16-12-2022, 09:42 PM

He 100% does by association. He coaches their elite kids. It is a ****ing disgrace that he gets to officiate their matches

Criswell
16-12-2022, 11:46 PM
We now have VAR in SPL. Sadly, as many had predicted, VAR will always be used to benefit certain clubs. The rest of us will have to put up with a two-tier system where the same laws and interpretations are not applied evenly.

JimBHibees
17-12-2022, 09:02 AM
WTF happened to VAR???
Edit - I see that's already been discussed, but in the age of VAR, what would previously have been waved away as referee incompetence is exposed as blatant corruption here. There is no way that could have been missed and no way it could be interpreted as anything other than a pen with today's rules. The club need to lodge a protest and make this official.

Alan Muir was var the guy that gave the handball v Aberdeen when Rocky handled. Also heroically didnt give us a pen in play off game v Falkirk when player handled it four times. Of course it all balances out over the season. Again we appear to be the team getting done over by var the most. He is basically a cheat and always has been

Donegal Hibby
17-12-2022, 09:57 AM
I missed the match, but have seen the footage. Still catching up, but am I right in saying VAR didn't even look at it?

If that's the case, then football in this country really is ****ed. We probably all suspected this for years, but the lack of even a referral in this case totally confirms it.
I've read two articles on this , the first one says Walsh refused to point to the spot for a penalty and Muir refused to use the VAR playback on it . The second one again says Walsh refused to point to the spot for a penalty but says after looking at it from several angles Muir decided it wasn't a penalty and went along with Walsh's original decision of no penalty. Both explanations stink ! If Muir hadn't used the playback , why not that's one of the four things it's meant to be used for? . The other one that Muir looked at it from several angles and decided it wasn't a penalty is beyond a joke if you've looked at it from several angles there is only one outcome ( penalty) unless of course you have a hidden agenda that and along with Walsh's split second decision it wasn't a penalty yet same referee awarded sevco a similar sort of penalty against Aberdeen in there last game at Ibrox shows exactly what way Nick Walsh's bread is buttered .