PDA

View Full Version : Losing habit.

Spike Mandela
15-12-2022, 09:14 PM
Not the worst Hibs performance at Ibrox I’ve ever seen, in fact there were many things to admire. However it’s another loss. Seven losses out the last eight games. Not a good habit.

We really need to turn the tide soon as a losing habit like this can be really hard to get out of.

CMac1988
15-12-2022, 09:22 PM
We'd need a manager who knew how to manage for that to happen. So many things he could've done to improve our chances of getting something tonight and he sat and done **** all until it was too late then made some of the most baffling subs I've seen.

I've been saying all season that the situation were in isn't entirely his fault but it's getting harder to defend him and I'm at the point that I couldn't care less if he stays or goes. People seem more concerned with the club embarrassing itself by getting rid of another manager rather than accepting were an embarrassment right now.

Said it before though that if he goes then there needs to be wholesale changes across the management of the whole footballing department sans Steve Kean and those responsible for the youth team. Ian Gordon can be on of the first to **** off for a start. A finer case of nepotism you won't find.

Hibees1973
15-12-2022, 09:28 PM
The current form is parallel to that which got Ross the sack.

I would much rather Johnson stayed with Ron, his son & Kensall leaving.

Johnson has played and managed at a decent level and did have the qualifications to get the managers job at Hibs. However, I would prefer we get someone else.

Ron, his son & Kensall are at the root of all the problems as Hibs. Don't know how, but these guys must be removed now or we will be back in the Championship next season.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2022, 09:33 PM
The current form is parallel to that which got Ross the sack.

I would much rather Johnson stayed with Ron, his son & Kensall leaving.

Johnson has played and managed at a decent level and did have the qualifications to get the managers job at Hibs. However, I would prefer we get someone else.

Ron, his son & Kensall are at the root of all the problems as Hibs. Don't know how, but these guys must be removed now or we will be back in the Championship next season.

I don't disagree with any of that but the board are going nowhere. If things don't improve soon Johnson will be out and we'll be back to talking about the same issues under the next manager within the next 6 months or so.

Donegal Hibby
15-12-2022, 09:38 PM
I don't disagree with any of that but the board are going nowhere. If things don't improve soon Johnson will be out and we'll be back to talking about the same issues under the next manager within the next 6 months or so.
So there's nothing really to be gained sacking him then ? I still think he needs a couple of windows though what is worry me now is the recruitment of players who I'm beginning to think just aren't good enough!

Steve20
15-12-2022, 09:40 PM
So there's nothing really to be gained sacking him then ? I still think he needs a couple of windows though what is worry me now is the recruitment of players who I'm beginning to think just aren't good enough!

If he loses both derbies, he should be chased.

HerbDailly
15-12-2022, 10:51 PM
If he loses both derbies, he should be chased.We've got Livi and Celtic at home before the first one, I don't see how he'd even survive losses in those. But I'm worried about the middle ground, maybe drawing both or winning one, but not really progressing, just enough to ease some pressure and keep trundling down this path. I've got that dread feeling.

B.H.F.C
15-12-2022, 11:04 PM
Livingston at home is huge. We need to win it. Failure to do so, with Celtic and Hearts to follow, and whether we could end up in a relegation fight is no longer up for debate.

Donegal Hibby
15-12-2022, 11:31 PM
That is your opinion as a Hibs supporter which I understand . I want to see him get two more transfer windows and after that if he's still hasn't turned it around then I'd want him out too!

Carheenlea
15-12-2022, 11:33 PM

Ultimately, he has to win at least one of them. Lose both and he’s out. I suspect he knows that full well himself.

Carheenlea
15-12-2022, 11:36 PM
That is your opinion as a Hibs supporter which I understand . I want to see him get two more transfer windows and after that if he's still hasn't turned it around then I'd want him out too!

The support in general just wouldn’t accept two derby defeats in such a short period of time. Any goodwill that he has right now would be lost by the majority I feel.

LunasBoots
15-12-2022, 11:44 PM
Johnson under a lot of pressure now, the games coming up look pretty solid, going to take something big from the team to stop the rot we are in.

B.H.F.C
15-12-2022, 11:57 PM
Johnson under a lot of pressure now, the games coming up look pretty solid, going to take something big from the team to stop the rot we are in.

Think he’ll know he’s in a bit of bother and really be kicking himself about tonight. Some proactive substitutions rather than being reactive, when it was already too late, could have been the difference.

By the time we go to Tynecastle he’ll, at best, be looking at two wins and 10. That would have any manager, anywhere, under pressure. With the fixtures and the timing, the board have to have some kind of back up plan IMO. Preferable option is that he obviously just starts winning games but tonight feels like it had the potential to be a massive turning point and we missed the opportunity.

Unseen work
16-12-2022, 12:28 AM
It’s going to be difficult with the run of games coming up.

But 7 losses in 8, with 3 of which being to the bottom 3 is really poor

I’d actually fancy my chances of getting more than 1 win in those 8 games and I’ve never managed a game in my life.

For Johnson’s sake he really needs

Livingston - 3 points
Celtic - Competitive display
Hearts - 1 point minimum
Motherwell - 3 points
United - 3 points
Hearts - Win

Worth noting in the league we’ve played the most amount of games too.

neil7908
16-12-2022, 05:27 AM

You say that but we are in freefall right now.

What if we lose the next 5 games and are hovering near the bottom come mid January? Do we give him more money to reshape the squad? What if we then lose the next 5 games after that?

I wouldn't sack him tonight and agree with others on wider issues at the club but we need to start winning games soon. Very soon.

Clarence
16-12-2022, 06:25 AM
Think David Gray will be dusting off his playbook again. I don’t see the streakmeister being in charge that much longer. All sadly very predictable.

tonyrougier123
16-12-2022, 06:34 AM
It’s going to come down to the two derbies for Johnson. If he fails to get anything from them then it’s as good as over for another gaffer.

He says it’s not far away,then says he needs 3-4 more windows.

It’s simple really he needs to win games.

We’re better than the results Johnson is serving up imo. But the squad still needs a haul over.

theonlywayisup
16-12-2022, 06:41 AM
It’s going to be difficult with the run of games coming up.

But 7 losses in 8, with 3 of which being to the bottom 3 is really poor

I’d actually fancy my chances of getting more than 1 win in those 8 games and I’ve never managed a game in my life.

For Johnson’s sake he really needs

Livingston - 3 points
Celtic - Competitive display
Hearts - 1 point minimum
Motherwell - 3 points
United - 3 points
Hearts - Win

Worth noting in the league we’ve played the most amount of games too.

By the time we play Dundee United at Easter Road, I think it will be after a run of ten defeats in twelve games, with the potential that if Dundee United win they could possibly leapfrog us in the league. :boo hoo:

LeithMike
16-12-2022, 07:44 AM
By the time we play Dundee United at Easter Road, I think it will be after a run of ten defeats in twelve games, with the potential that if Dundee United win they could possibly leapfrog us in the league. :boo hoo:

The only way is down?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby's Cinema
16-12-2022, 08:07 AM
We look capable in flashes and have enjoyed some of the football at ER, but again goals are flying in at the wrong end at an alarming rate.
It feels like a drop in standards/ expectations from the teams of recent years. Almost brushing off the 6, 4, 3's conceded away in the biggest fixtures we'll face.

The post match interview is bizarre to me. A bit of a love in with the interviewer talking up the positives but it's another defeat and another 3 goals shipped at an away venue. What expectations are being placed on the manager and the squad at the club? It's unacceptable.

I want it to work for him before Ron needs another "course correction". But we need that solidity to come back or he's no chance.

Feed McGraw
16-12-2022, 09:45 AM
For a very long time now Hibs just can't seem to manage to produce two good halves - not even two decent halves. It's either one good/one bad or two bad ones .Rarely two good halves - very rarely.

theonlywayisup
16-12-2022, 03:34 PM
The only way is down?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

He's here!
16-12-2022, 04:40 PM

You're confident of a win v Livi? Bearing in mind they've won their last 4 games against us I can see us losing that one too.

basehibby
16-12-2022, 04:54 PM
Livingston at home is huge. We need to win it. Failure to do so, with Celtic and Hearts to follow, and whether we could end up in a relegation fight is no longer up for debate.

This is so true. Whether you like or loathe Johnson he has presided over some abysmal defeats at ER and that has to stop if he's to survive. Livi is a must win!

LunasBoots
16-12-2022, 05:00 PM
You're confident of a win v Livi? Bearing in mind they've won their last 4 games against us I can see us losing that one too.

Hopefully we win at home against Livi but on current form and previous games against Livi it's more in hope than expectation.

Crab apple
16-12-2022, 10:34 PM
This is so true. Whether you like or loathe Johnson he has presided over some abysmal defeats at ER and that has to stop if he's to survive. Livi is a must win!

Up until the Boyle injury in the St Mirren game we actually had a fairly decent home record under LJ. Since then it’s been dire and I fear for us against Livi. Our away form has been consistently awful under him.

pacorosssco
16-12-2022, 10:38 PM
Not the worst Hibs performance at Ibrox I’ve ever seen, in fact there were many things to admire. However it’s another loss. Seven losses out the last eight games. Not a good habit.

We really need to turn the tide soon as a losing habit like this can be really hard to get out of.

Play like that going forward win more than lose with the break won't feel like a run of losses but more a new start that almost got result. Need points though for sure to build momentum

Trinity Hibee
17-12-2022, 07:26 AM
Play like that going forward win more than lose with the break won't feel like a run of losses but more a new start that almost got result. Need points though for sure to build momentum

Thing is most other teams will sit in against us and we’ll struggle. Don’t see this improving until we get in plenty new players

theonlywayisup
17-12-2022, 07:40 AM

No, I said ten defeats in twelve games. That doesn't mean we'll beat Livingston, just that we'll avoid defeat. So possibly a draw, but if not a loss is more likely than a win.

mcfly
17-12-2022, 08:35 AM
Big few weeks coming up for the hibs board, manager and players.

They have to start winning games. They have to defend better and start scoring goals.

Manager still doesn’t know his best 11

As a club we are weak and teams will fancy their chances v us.

Manager has to bring in a leader in the middle of the pitch or he will be sacked like the rest.

Also he has to win a derby. Or fans will just start to lose interest.

Jones28
17-12-2022, 11:05 AM
Big few weeks coming up for the hibs board, manager and players.

They have to start winning games. They have to defend better and start scoring goals.

Manager still doesn’t know his best 11

As a club we are weak and teams will fancy their chances v us.

Manager has to bring in a leader in the middle of the pitch or he will be sacked like the rest.

Also he has to win a derby. Or fans will just start to lose interest.

That’s what really concerns me. We have a manager who is still clueless as to what his best side, formation and tactics seem to be.

Scotty Leither
17-12-2022, 11:24 AM
The support in general just wouldn’t accept two derby defeats in such a short period of time. Any goodwill that he has right now would be lost by the majority I feel.

The Board in general, and our owner in particular would accept it though, and will generally wonder what the fuss is about if fans complain. You don't hear a cheep from him these days anyway.

They/He don't get the importance of the fixture or the intensity of the game and the rivalry. All about the social media/the hospitality/the fireworks and the opera singers for him.

I'll bet the Derby fixture wasn't even mentioned in isolation when he's interviewing his numerous managers he's appointed, nor the percentage or numbers of wins against them we expect, because it'll simply not register with him and his laddie that these games are the ones that matter the most to the fans.

I'll venture the importance of the game is mentioned at the other end of the city, though.