PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Ibrox

Leithenhibby
15-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Been a number of years since I've driven through to Ibrox and was wondering what's the best way towards the car park?...

Glory Glory

andrew70
15-12-2022, 12:35 PM
Exit 23 on M8.
Take M73/74 round outside of Glasgow saves going over Kingston bridge and rejoin M8.

Turn right at junction exit 23 and follow the road down, car park is on the left hand side opposite Broomloan Road stand.

Give yourself plenty time.

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
15-12-2022, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Leithenhibby;7192447]Been a number of years since I've driven through to Ibrox and was wondering what's the best way towards the car park?...

Glory Glory[/QU
It’s right opposite the Broomloan Stand. Its junction 24 from the m8, off to the left. You’ll fly over the motorway and see the stadium all lit up

Partyraiser
15-12-2022, 01:17 PM
I'd avoid the car park if possible. Last time I was at Ibronx was the Hecky 6-1. We left after 4 but the huns/polis/hun polis had parked 2 hun supporters busses across the entrance of the car park, making a swift exit impossible

Sylar
15-12-2022, 01:30 PM
Better parking along on Shieldhall Road - down to the roundabout where the Pizza Hut etc are then along to the left. If you can get on that main road, you don't even need to deal with the '£1 to watch your motor' brigade.

Trinity Hibee
15-12-2022, 02:53 PM
I'd avoid the car park if possible. Last time I was at Ibronx was the Hecky 6-1. We left after 4 but the huns/polis/hun polis had parked 2 hun supporters busses across the entrance of the car park, making a swift exit impossible

Buses parked across a car park entrance. Would love to say I’m surprised but….

Carheenlea
15-12-2022, 03:40 PM
I quite like the peace of mind with the car park but how quick you get out is quite inconsistent. Sometimes the police block the road when they feel everyone is ready to leave and empty the whole car park and other times there have been no police and you have to rely on the goodwill of Huns to let you out to join the queue of traffic, which of course will never happen.

In the past I felt we got a clear run out more often than not, but that hasn’t been as prevalent in recent years. One consolation though, it’s now free whereas before a car was hit for £7 to park in there.

SteveHFC
15-12-2022, 04:27 PM
Traffic horrendous on the M8. Took 1 hour and 30 mins from Dalkeith to get past Bathgate.

Leithenhibby
15-12-2022, 11:24 PM
Just back after another rollercoaster ride in a game that I thought we controlled for 40 odd minutes, then we lost the pace.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up as we negotiated it all quite easily in the end.👍