PDA

View Full Version : Time Added On

Carheenlea
14-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Is the intention to continue with the practice of more realistic time added on at the ends of each halves in the domestic game as we have seen administered at the World Cup?

Pretty Boy
14-12-2022, 04:52 PM
If Celtic or Rangers look like dropping points then yes.

If they are winning comfortably then we will get the stock 3 minutes as always.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2022, 04:52 PM

I think this pretty much sums it up.

PHeffernan
14-12-2022, 05:03 PM
Is the intention to continue with the practice of more realistic time added on at the ends of each halves in the domestic game as we have seen administered at the World Cup?

The use of good quality VAR and the added time have been a great success in this World Cup.
Has removed as much controversy as possible.
Back to cheapy VAR and 3 mins added time in Scottish football I fear.

Musselbound
14-12-2022, 08:41 PM
The use of good quality VAR and the added time have been a great success in this World Cup.
Has removed as much controversy as possible.
Back to cheapy VAR and 3 mins added time in Scottish football I fear.

One of the best aspects for me has been relatively little interference from VAR and few red cards. The Scottish system really needs to take note of that.

Greenbeard
15-12-2022, 09:42 AM
Am I right that it is meant to be an automatic +30secs for each substitution?
One thing that really gets my goat is a late double substitution as a time-wasting tactic, when player 1 takes his time coming off, and only once his sub is on does player 2 make any serious move to come off. The 4th official presumably has a watch. Why can't he simply time how long it takes from start to finish and that's the time that gets added on?

OldEast
15-12-2022, 09:52 AM
Am I right that it is meant to be an automatic +30secs for each substitution?
One thing that really gets my goat is a late double substitution as a time-wasting tactic, when player 1 takes his time coming off, and only once his sub is on does player 2 make any serious move to come off. The 4th official presumably has a watch. Why can't he simply time how long it takes from start to finish and that's the time that gets added on?

The only way it will ever be fair is if the clock is stopped for injuries and substitutions

Willis1875
15-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Sitting for an extra 10 minutes at Easter Road just now fills me with dread

Billy Whizz
15-12-2022, 10:20 AM
It could be10.30 before we get out of the ground tonight
VAR and added on time, then locked in for 15 mins

Bostonhibby
15-12-2022, 11:32 AM
Think it comes down to how sevco and celtc are doing on the 89th minute.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Baader
15-12-2022, 11:35 AM

Spot on. This reads like the directive that will be circulated to all Scottish officials...

OldEast
15-12-2022, 11:40 AM
The only way it will ever be fair is if the clock is stopped for injuries and substitutions

People will soon get used to it and it will go a long way to stopping the blatant cheating around fake injuries.

DIXIHIBS
16-12-2022, 09:09 PM
All the 80 minute leavers are going to miss about 20 minutes now😁😁

Diclonius
16-12-2022, 09:15 PM
First half, Rangers behind, no substitutes: 4 minutes
Second half, Rangers ahead, multiple substitutes: 5 minutes

Could have told you that for free.

angus hibby
16-12-2022, 09:15 PM
Wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference, however we had a minimum of 5 minutes injury time at the end of the game last night. During the added on time, Tavernier took an age over a throw in and they made a substitution. Ref blew for time 5 seconds after the 5 minutes were up so clearly nothing extra added on for the sub/time wasting.

Unseen work
16-12-2022, 09:20 PM
First half, Rangers behind, no substitutes: 4 minutes
Second half, Rangers ahead, multiple substitutes: 5 minutes

Could have told you that for free.

In fairness, the game was stopped for a good few minutes in the first half because the stuff that was thrown on the pitch.