PDA

View Full Version : Team v Rangers

Unseen work
12-12-2022, 03:58 PM
First game back in a while, loads of players back from injury and some still out or were unsure if they’ll be fit.

Back from injury

Nisbet
Mitchell
McGeady
Magennis

Unsure/still out

Kuharevych
Miller
JDH
Boyle

…………………Marshall………..

Cadden…Porteous…Rocky…Cabraja….

…………………Kenneh……..
………..Campbell…..Newell…..

McKirdy………………………Youan……

…………………..Nisbet…….

Youan for me probably doesnt deserve to start however his pace, physicality and fitness will put him ahead of Mitchell, McGeady and Tavares right now.

Magennis for me doesn’t deserve to start as Campbell has done well and he only plays 1 or 2 games before going out the team. I wouldn’t be surprised however to see him start in place of Youan and the formation differ slightly with McKirdy going more central.

Kuharevych could be a big miss if he is out, if he is fit I’m not sure how we’d fit him, McKirdy and Nisbet all in.

Stubbsy90+2
12-12-2022, 04:04 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Hanlon
Stevenson

Kenneh
Magennis
Newell

Campbell

Nisbet
Myko

B.H.F.C
12-12-2022, 04:24 PM
What I think will be the team.

Marshall

Porteous
Rocky
Hanlon

Cadden
Kenneh
Newell
Campbell
Stevenson

Nisbet
McKirdy

After what happened at Parkhead I think Johnson will set up very much to contain. The above wouldn’t be my team, it’s just what I think he’ll do.

eastterrace
12-12-2022, 04:33 PM
Sorry to be pessimistic but does it really matter who plays as we will get scudded anyway. The Livingston game is the one we target.

JimBHibees
12-12-2022, 04:44 PM
Sorry to be pessimistic but does it really matter who plays as we will get scudded anyway. The Livingston game is the one we target.

Ok then

Hibees1973
12-12-2022, 04:53 PM
Don't really care what the side is.

I just want to see 2 things.

1. Johnson not to go again with his ridiculous and naive decision to go toe to toe Rangers, the same way he said he did against Celtic the last time we were in Glasgow. Just hope he has learned his lesson. We got pumped 6-0 that day.

2. Johnson has commented in the last couple of days that he has solved a few issues with the squad during the World Cup break. I hope one of these is to get some semblance of an organised defensive structure away from home. We have seen during the World Cup inferior sides produce organised defensive displays and achieved positive results against vastly superior sides. Know we cannot compare our level with international but Livingston produced an excellent ddisplay against Rangers at Ibrox recently and came away with a point. If Johnson wants the continued backing from our support he needs to prove he can organise his team competently away from home against the top sides in Scotland. We have been pumped away at Celtic & Aberdeen without even a whimper already.

I just want to see this on Thursday.

Iain G
12-12-2022, 05:00 PM
Marshall

Cadden Rocky Fish

Kenneh

Tavares Melkersen Nisbet McKirdy McGeady Youan

😁

Jim44
12-12-2022, 05:01 PM

I don’t think there’s any chance of getting points out of this game. All I’m looking for is a spirited performance.

Smartie
12-12-2022, 05:24 PM
Marshall

Cadden Rocky Fish

Kenneh

😁

The celebrated six?

Stubbsy90+2
12-12-2022, 05:34 PM
The celebrated six?

The Celebant Six given how few they score :agree:

Jones28
12-12-2022, 06:00 PM

1. Johnson not to go again with his ridiculous and naive decision to go toe to toe Rangers, the same way he said he did against Celtic the last time we were in Glasgow. Just hope he has learned his lesson. We got pumped 6-0 that day.

2. Johnson has commented in the last couple of days that he has solved a few issues with the squad during the World Cup break. I hope one of these is to get some semblance of an organised defensive structure away from home. We have seen during the World Cup inferior sides produce organised defensive displays and achieved positive results against vastly superior sides. Know we cannot compare our level with international but Livingston produced an excellent ddisplay against Rangers at Ibrox recently and came away with a point. If Johnson wants the continued backing from our support he needs to prove he can organise his team competently away from home against the top sides in Scotland. We have been pumped away at Celtic & Aberdeen without even a whimper already.

Agree with both these points.

Lago
12-12-2022, 06:21 PM
Beat me to it, don't think it makes any difference who plays can't see anything but rangers win.

PHeffernan
12-12-2022, 06:29 PM
Corrections for the above posts:

Kukharevich won't be back before the Livingston game at the earliest
and we lost 6-1 at Parkhead not 6-0 although a few of my mates left at half time and have decided we lost 3-0 because they didn't see the other goals

Donegal Hibby
12-12-2022, 06:29 PM
Marshall

Cadden Rocky Fish

Kenneh

😁
If you had one more you could have had the magnificent 7

eastterrace
12-12-2022, 06:31 PM
Ok then
Glad you agree

Bostonhibby
12-12-2022, 06:35 PM
If you had one more you could have had the magnificent 7Yul Brynner in the Mixu role?

Just because.......

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Iain G
12-12-2022, 06:51 PM

Well Doidge is on loan... 😁

Billy Whizz
12-12-2022, 07:05 PM
Both teams are undercooked with games, so we have a chance

#2 Double Tap
12-12-2022, 07:23 PM

porto to score the winner.

yah heard it here first, ha

:flag:

Eyrie
12-12-2022, 07:52 PM

He'd be Unforgiven if he did that.

Logie Green
12-12-2022, 08:57 PM

Re the first sentence in your second point.

LJ said in an interview last week that he had 70 urgent issues to solve.

Firstly, why publicise such a ridiculous figure and secondly how are there so many issues needing ‘urgent’ attention?

J-C
12-12-2022, 09:07 PM
You don't need to go toe to toe with Rangers, keep it tight, in their faces and keep our shape, the last thing we need to do is play like we did against Celtic and get another hammering. Unfortunately I'm not convinced our players can keep things tight and put pressure on them.

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Ivan Sproule shares his thoughts

Hibs need to find a rough diamond to step up against Rangers, says Ibrox hat-trick hero Ivan Sproule (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa-world-cup/hibs-need-to-find-a-rough-diamond-to-step-up-against-rangers-says-ibrox-hat-trick-hero-ivan-sproule/ar-AA15aASI?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ae3b95bb791a43739ed0224325cb4bbc)

some cracking photos further down, especially Hibs players watching Real Madrid train in 1964

love the one with the two ducks at the derby in 1966, a rather sparse crowd there

Forza Fred
12-12-2022, 09:21 PM
Ivan Sproule shares his thoughts

Hibs need to find a rough diamond to step up against Rangers, says Ibrox hat-trick hero Ivan Sproule (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/fifa-world-cup/hibs-need-to-find-a-rough-diamond-to-step-up-against-rangers-says-ibrox-hat-trick-hero-ivan-sproule/ar-AA15aASI?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ae3b95bb791a43739ed0224325cb4bbc)

some cracking photos further down, especially Hibs players watching Real Madrid train in 1964

love the one with the two ducks at the derby in 1966, a rather sparse crowd there

I was a wee laddie standing in the enclosure, just to the right of those players when the photo was taken.

And there is a word that has almost gone from the football lexicon….’Enclosure’!

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2022, 09:30 PM
I was a wee laddie standing in the enclosure, just to the right of those players when the photo was taken.

And there is a word that has almost gone from the football lexicon….’Enclosure’!

cool story fred, next..any idea why the crowd for the 1966 Derby game was so sparse ? :dunno:looked not too bad a turnout for the game v St Mirren in 1965

CL0762
12-12-2022, 10:28 PM
This Rangers side aren’t great however they’ll be buoyed with the new manager etc.

Contain them & keep them quiet for 20-25 mins and they’ll start getting on their backs.

Let the game naturally open up for us rather than trying to force anything.

As for team selection, **** knows but we can’t be going gung ho.

theonlywayisup
13-12-2022, 03:43 AM

Sadly, I agree! I really am worried that we'll get a hammering on Thursday! The next four games will tell us an awful lot about the current set of players and management who are Hibernian FC.

OldEast
13-12-2022, 05:08 AM
Sadly, I agree! I really am worried that we'll get a hammering on Thursday! The next four games will tell us an awful lot about the current set of players and management who are Hibernian FC.

I agree too but it has to be time to get a settled side. I know we've been plagued by injuries but that is hopefully easing now. I want to see Magennis, Nisbet and McKirdy as regular first picks. Let's get some understanding and comfort between players. I know people will say big Myko should play but we'll need to learn how to do without him when he goes. Whatever happens in the January window could change everything of course. An attacking mid is crucial to creating chances for our forwards.

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 05:46 AM

Did Rangers not beat Bayer Leverkusen 3 0 in a friendly over the weekend

Brightside
13-12-2022, 07:29 AM

Firstly, why publicise such a ridiculous figure and secondly how are there so many issues needing ‘urgent’ attention?
He needs to stop coming out with this nonsense tbh. Just get on with fixing issues and stop blaming the world for your own mess. “Bloated squad”. He brought in like 15 😂

B.H.F.C
13-12-2022, 07:54 AM

For me it’s excuses and passing the buck.

He’s responsible for some (not all) of the issues we currently have. If he hasn’t come up with some answers over the break, he’ll not be around much longer. I don’t expect us to get anything on Thursday but we need to see something to build on going in to the Livingston game.

Since452
13-12-2022, 08:10 AM
Really dreading this game. Can't get excited about it at all.

Hibiza
13-12-2022, 08:14 AM

Because he continually spouts drivel.

overdrive
13-12-2022, 08:28 AM

I’m dreading it too. I’ll be out for a meal with a couple of Rangers fans while the match is on as well so I’m dreading it even more!

flash
13-12-2022, 08:48 AM

Easy tiger what's the worst that could happen?

RossScott1991
13-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Will be 3 or 4 nil to rangers regardless of our team. We are absolutely rubbish. Hard to be positive about Hibs tbh, the World Cup was a welcomed break. Just don’t think 80% of the squad is all that great. And the run of games coming up has me fearing nothing but a relegation fight.

Jones28
13-12-2022, 09:22 AM
Easy tiger what's the worst that could happen?

We might win. That would really terrify a few people.

:greengrin

Smartie
13-12-2022, 09:42 AM
Will be 3 or 4 nil to rangers regardless of our team. We are absolutely rubbish. Hard to be positive about Hibs tbh, the World Cup was a welcomed break. Just don’t think 80% of the squad is all that great. And the run of games coming up has me fearing nothing but a relegation fight.

Worth remembering that relative to their expectations Rangers were terrible prior to the world cup too, so bad they had to empty a manager who got them to a European final 6 months ago.

The break came at a good time for both sides, both of of whom badly needed to regroup.

You'd expect them to get a new manager bounce but no new players have arrived and they're without some significant players through injury too.

So whilst it's not a game I'm looking forward to, a case might be made that this would be a decent time to get them? Give it half an hour for the hordes to realise they're not just going to steamroller everyone under their new manager, allow us to grow into the game and who knows?

Logie Green
13-12-2022, 10:25 AM

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks that. Every time I hear him I think of Joe Pasquale.

Keith_M
13-12-2022, 10:27 AM
cool story fred, next..any idea why the crowd for the 1966 Derby game was so sparse ? :dunno:looked not too bad a turnout for the game v St Mirren in 1965

Hibs played Hearts twice at ER in 1966 and the attendances were 32k (Jan 1st) and 21k (Sep 10th)

Dunno what game that is in the photo but it's clearly neither of those

Tyler Durden
13-12-2022, 10:59 AM

I’m coming around to this view unfortunately….

He’s also pretty much insulted Michael Beale this week. Said that Beale “markets himself well….. But come back to me after a coach has managed 200 games”. And that Rangers just aren’t as good as Celtic.

None of that is wrong but there is really no benefit in expressing these views in public. Does nothing for our chances

happiehibbie
13-12-2022, 11:12 AM
be it 10-nill or 1-nill you still only get 3 points

Tyler Durden
13-12-2022, 11:15 AM
I would play a narrow back 4 with the wide midfielders doubling up out wide. Make Rangers play through the middle.

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Mitchell (LW)
Kenneh
Newell
Campbell (RW just to put a shift in)

Magennis

Nisbet

Smartie
13-12-2022, 11:21 AM
I would play a narrow back 4 with the wide midfielders doubling up out wide. Make Rangers play through the middle.

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Mitchell (LW)
Kenneh
Newell

Magennis

Nisbet

That looks like a decent team and gameplan to me.

hibsforeurope
13-12-2022, 11:26 AM
I see we have Nick Walsh yet again as ref at Ibrox.

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 11:29 AM
I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks that. Every time I hear him I think of Joe Pasquale.

Personally think he speaks pretty well

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 11:29 AM
I see we have Nick Walsh yet again as ref at Ibrox.

Ffs

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 11:32 AM

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Mitchell (LW)
Kenneh
Newell

Magennis

Nisbet

Yep absolutely imperative we defend properly and make it difficult. No cheap early goals. Could maybe go 541 also. Livi limited them to very few chances at Ibrox not that long ago.

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 11:33 AM
I’m coming around to this view unfortunately….

He’s also pretty much insulted Michael Beale this week. Said that Beale “markets himself well….. But come back to me after a coach has managed 200 games”. And that Rangers just aren’t as good as Celtic.

None of that is wrong but there is really no benefit in expressing these views in public. Does nothing for our chances

Markets himself well is a strange comment to come out with.

ancient hibee
13-12-2022, 11:44 AM

Pretty logical. Beale touted himself for the Rangers job which somebody else had by going to the Louden Bar and appearing at Ibrox when the position wasn't vacant and he had his own job.Obvious what he was doing.

bigwheel
13-12-2022, 11:56 AM

To me that implies “he’s not as good as his PR suggests he is …..”

Tbh. Strange thing for LJ to go public on …

Tyler Durden
13-12-2022, 12:04 PM
Pretty logical. Beale touted himself for the Rangers job which somebody else had by going to the Louden Bar and appearing at Ibrox when the position wasn't vacant and he had his own job.Obvious what he was doing.

Yeah it makes sense and would be logical for us punters to slag him off. Not sure it helps Hibs for Lee Johnson to have a dig at him.

I'm all for a bit of needle but you really need to be winning games before you start slagging off other teams and coaches IMO.

Col2
13-12-2022, 12:10 PM
Nick Walsh is the referee. You couldn’t make it up.

Unseen work
13-12-2022, 12:14 PM
The negativity on here is mental.

Let’s just get behind the team, I’ve got faith they’ll get a win.

Hibs3-2
13-12-2022, 12:18 PM
Marshall

Cadden porto rocky hanlon Cabreja

Newell Kenneh
Campbell

Nisbet Myko

If no Myko then Youan

Hiber-nation
13-12-2022, 12:19 PM

Really? I've no idea how anyone can be positive. We're a mess at the moment and it'll take some work in the Jan window to sort it.

And I wish LJ would stop spouting nonsense, I've said time and time again that we can't go sacking yet another manager but he isn't half hard work.

Ron D Hibbie
13-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Nick Walsh is the referee. You couldn’t make it up.

They must get to pick who they want.

Springbank
13-12-2022, 12:54 PM

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Mitchell (LW)
Kenneh
Newell

Magennis

Nisbet

I would put Mitchell on the bench
Campbell LM
McGennis RM
Nisbet at top of diamond & bring Kukhareyvich in

But apart from mick for Mitchell and those positional tweaks I like your plan

Iain G
13-12-2022, 12:57 PM
Really? I've no idea how anyone can be positive. We're a mess at the moment and it'll take some work in the Jan window to sort it.

And I wish LJ would stop spouting nonsense, I've said time and time again that we can't go sacking yet another manager but he isn't half hard work.

I don't find him hard work at all, would rather listen to him than Sack'd Ross droning on and saying nothing.

OldEast
13-12-2022, 01:14 PM
I don't find him hard work at all, would rather listen to him than Sack'd Ross droning on and saying nothing.

Now he was hard work! I find LJ honest and quite refreshing

SickBoy32
13-12-2022, 01:15 PM

Bizarre to have a wee kick at JR here?!

I don’t mind LJ, but he won’t get close to the win % or ‘success’ of Ross’ hibs side

SickBoy32
13-12-2022, 01:16 PM

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Mitchell (LW)
Kenneh
Newell

Magennis

Nisbet

That’s the XI for me

Maybe an argument to start mcgeady over Mitchell if fitness allows

JimBHibees
13-12-2022, 01:35 PM

Quite like his chat to be fair

GreenCastle
13-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Huns played a 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2 at the weekend.

Think we may line up 4-2-3-1.

I just hope we have learnt from the Celtic away game.

Hibees1973
13-12-2022, 02:03 PM

I must be losing a bit of interest in Hibs recently as I missed him saying that.

Glad I didn't hear him say that as I'd be on hear moaning about it. Well, I may as well have a moan about it now. Johnson talks a hell of a lot of tripe most of the time. He just said yesterday that we are 'nearly there'. What a vague statement to make. Well if he has solved most of these 70 urgent issues then well done him. Gut feeling is he won't be here by the end of January.

The joke about that is it will be the Gordon's & Kensall who wield the axe.

Dearie me.

Torto7
13-12-2022, 02:15 PM
I see Nick Walsh is the ref.:faf:

EGL2000
13-12-2022, 02:44 PM
Just seen an interesting stat on twitter Kenneh has the best defensive duel rate in the league! Would not have expected that.

The Baldmans Comb
13-12-2022, 04:00 PM
A hopeless task with that hopeless manager in charge.

Already he has ran down the team with all that nonsense about "urgent issues" and wound up Sevco by bizarrely talking about how much better Celtic are.

He is now trying to save his job which is at least a bit better than his usual way of looking down on Scottish football with either his gun ho approach to the Celtic match or throwing the league cup section.

The inevitable full scale defensive line up wont save him though as his "wide boy" cover is well and truly blown.

Cod Boy
13-12-2022, 04:12 PM
Freezing conditions for the fans minis 4 degrees Thursday night

Unseen work
13-12-2022, 04:44 PM
Just seen an interesting stat on twitter Kenneh has the best defensive duel rate in the league! Would not have expected that.

That doesn’t really surprise me, I think he’s brilliant defensively.

Wins the ball back loads whether it’s tackles, interceptions, headers etc he just always seems to be in the right place. A lot of ‘unseen work’.

What he does need to improve on and something I was surprised at is his ability on the ball, I expected him to be a lot more comfortable coming from leeds

But at only 19 he’s impressed me this season

Stubbsy90+2
13-12-2022, 04:47 PM

If you’ve been watching Hibs for the last year I find it hard to believe you find the negativity mental. We are terrible, on a terrible run and are about to go to Ibrox. Imo it’s mental to expect people to be positive about that.

flash
13-12-2022, 04:49 PM
If you’ve been watching Hibs for the last year I find it hard to believe you find the negativity mental. We are terrible, on a terrible run and are about to go to Ibrox. Imo it’s mental to expect people to be positive about that.

It is relentless though.

This thread is meant to be for folk to pick their best team for Thursday yet has descended into a who can be the biggest wet blanket competition.

ChilliEater
14-12-2022, 01:47 AM
It is relentless though.

This thread is meant to be for folk to pick their best team for Thursday yet has descended into a who can be the biggest wet blanket competition.

Understandable, given our form, but really wearing and tedious.

We were pretty good with the 4-3-3 earlier in the season. I'd be looking to get back to what we did well. It's tricky with Boyle missing, as he was the biggest threat in that system, but Cadden, Cabraja and Youan all contributed in wide positions. Guessing a little at who's fit, I'd go with:

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Stevenson
Newell
Macgennis

Tavares
Melkersen
Youan

That front 3 is very lightweight, and not in great form - Big Myk or Nisbet are in for Melkerson if either are fit enough, and McGeady in for either one of the other two, if he's fit enough - but it was really about playing a system that seems to have worked for us to try to turn around our form for the more winnable games against Livi and Hearts. Anything we ever get from Ibrox is a bonus.

Alternatively, if we just want to shut it down and try to get a point:

Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Campbell
Kenneh
Stevenson
Mitchell

Youan

9 behind the ball and the fastest guy upfront.

Jones28
14-12-2022, 07:51 AM
Personally think he speaks pretty well

No Jim you’re quite wrong. He speaks like a dodgy second hand car salesman/David Brent/Alan Partridge/that interview that Eric Cantona did when he talked about seagulls and trawlers.

number9dream
14-12-2022, 08:52 AM
We have to avoid a morale-sapping heavy defeat.
Show organisation, energy and commitment, with valuable game time for Nisbet, Magennis & McGeady (maybe not all at once).
Give the manager something to build on for Livi at home.

Since452
14-12-2022, 09:15 AM
We need to learn from the Celtic game and go ultra defensive. Make it hard for them to break us down and hit on the counter. We need to start with Youan up front and use his pace. If we could take a point it would be a major boost for the Livingston game.

B.H.F.C
14-12-2022, 09:26 AM
We have to avoid a morale-sapping heavy defeat.
Show organisation, energy and commitment, with valuable game time for Nisbet, Magennis & McGeady (maybe not all at once).
Give the manager something to build on for Livi at home.

As depressing as it sounds, that’s the way I see it as well.

Can’t remember being less enthused about going to a game but, on the plus side, we’ve pulled a result from nowhere at Ibrox before.

Hibees1973
14-12-2022, 10:42 AM
We need to learn from the Celtic game and go ultra defensive. Make it hard for them to break us down and hit on the counter. We need to start with Youan up front and use his pace. If we could take a point it would be a major boost for the Livingston game.

Agree with most of this.

Understand the need for pace up front. However, all Youan has is pace. He does not have ability when he gets the ball. He cannot hold possession of the ball and when I've watched him recently his shooting is abysmal. He is also not experienced at all this level (much the same as many of our new signings). I cannot see Youan having any impact against Rangers whatsoever. Can we really see the likes of McKirdy, Youan, Melkerson, Henderson, Tavares, and many of our new signings shining at Ibrox. These guys are not good enough.

Our best chance of getting a goal on Thursday is from at set piece, which is a depressing state of affairs.

Smartie
14-12-2022, 10:50 AM
Agree with most of this.

Understand the need for pace up front. However, all Youan has is pace. He does not have ability when he gets the ball. He cannot hold possession of the ball and when I've watched him recently his shooting is abysmal. He is also not experienced at all this level (much the same as many of our new signings). I cannot see Youan having any impact against Rangers whatsoever. Can we really see the likes of McKirdy, Youan, Melkerson, Henderson, Tavares, and many of our new signings shining at Ibrox. These guys are not good enough.

Our best chance of getting a goal on Thursday is from at set piece, which is a depressing state of affairs.

Youan's the kind of player who might get a consolation goal when we're 5 or 6 down and they've taken their foot off the gas or stopped paying attention.

There's no way he makes a meaningful contribution to a decent team performance and result at Ibrox.

It's a shame, because the August version of Youan posed them a lot of problems at Easter Road.

No idea what has happened to him since then but needless to say, he's one of a number of players I'd have nowhere near our team tonight.

bigwheel
14-12-2022, 10:59 AM
Youan's the kind of player who might get a consolation goal when we're 5 or 6 down and they've taken their foot off the gas or stopped paying attention.

There's no way he makes a meaningful contribution to a decent team performance and result at Ibrox.

It's a shame, because the August version of Youan posed them a lot of problems at Easter Road.

No idea what has happened to him since then but needless to say, he's one of a number of players I'd have nowhere near our team tonight.

Just going from Memory here but didn’t he create a goal V Rangers at ER ?? And Hearts too ?

Smartie
14-12-2022, 12:12 PM
Just going from Memory here but didn’t he create a goal V Rangers at ER ?? And Hearts too ?

Yeah. He had a great start to the season, looked a proper player. Against Rangers in particular I thought he looked excellent, peeling out wide and attacking their RB (I think that's where our goal came from in that game).

It's been a long time since he played that well though and some of his most recent appearances have been nothing short of abysmal.

GreenCastle
14-12-2022, 12:47 PM

And scored against Celtic away..

Weir07
14-12-2022, 01:25 PM
I must be losing a bit of interest in Hibs recently as I missed him saying that.

Glad I didn't hear him say that as I'd be on hear moaning about it. Well, I may as well have a moan about it now. Johnson talks a hell of a lot of tripe most of the time. He just said yesterday that we are 'nearly there'. What a vague statement to make. Well if he has solved most of these 70 urgent issues then well done him. Gut feeling is he won't be here by the end of January.

The joke about that is it will be the Gordon's & Kensall who wield the axe.

Dearie me.

Once again your thinking seems to align with mine, quite liked Johnson at first but now just think he's a bit of a slaver, I too think he'll be gone before the end of the transfer window, the one point from the next twelve on offer will see to that.

Then the whole circus will start again with a new manager, substandard players let go, only to be replaced by more substandard players!

JimBHibees
14-12-2022, 01:27 PM
No Jim you’re quite wrong. He speaks like a dodgy second hand car salesman/David Brent/Alan Partridge/that interview that Eric Cantona did when he talked about seagulls and trawlers.

:greengrin

Iain G
14-12-2022, 01:29 PM
Bizarre to have a wee kick at JR here?!

I don’t mind LJ, but he won’t get close to the win % or ‘success’ of Ross’ hibs side

Yeah lets just keep kicking our current manager, our young forwards, the owner, the physios etc etc etc

Brightside
14-12-2022, 01:42 PM
That doesn’t really surprise me, I think he’s brilliant defensively.

Wins the ball back loads whether it’s tackles, interceptions, headers etc he just always seems to be in the right place. A lot of ‘unseen work’.

What he does need to improve on and something I was surprised at is his ability on the ball, I expected him to be a lot more comfortable coming from leeds

But at only 19 he’s impressed me this season

He's been our best signing for me. But many people don't like players who just "do their job". If everyone in the squad was as effective in their area we wouldn't have an issue.

Smartie
14-12-2022, 02:52 PM
He's been our best signing for me. But many people don't like players who just "do their job". If everyone in the squad was as effective in their area we wouldn't have an issue.

Kenneh and Cabraja are the sort of level that most of our new signings should be at and I like both of them in spite of their imperfections.

Kenneh's playing regular first team football for the first time and Cabraja is adapting to football in a new country having had a tough time personally along the way. They should be cut a reasonable amount of slack to make the odd mistake (as they both do) and I see both going on to be very good players for us.

Unfortunately so many players we have signed are either injured, further away from being ready than we must have expected or were signed for the development team in the first place, leaving us badly short of players good enough to play first team football.

overdrive
14-12-2022, 03:12 PM

How about to tomorrow night? :wink:

supermcginn
14-12-2022, 04:31 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Fish
Rocky
Cabraja

Kenneh

Magennis
Campbell

Nisbet
Mckirdy

He's here!
14-12-2022, 10:14 PM

Not a chance IMHO. Might get away with a 2-0 defeat if Rangers are a bit rusty but I can see us losing 4-0.

CL0762
14-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky
Cabraja

Newell
Campbell/Kenneh

McKirdy
Magennis
McGeady

Nisbet

With the 5 subs being in play, I’d start both Nisbet and McGeady, they’re no good to us sitting on the bench with 30 to go and we’re 2/3 down.

Start them and have Youan/Melkersen/Jair ready to go at any point during the game but those 2 along with the rest of the side have experience and an understanding of what a hostile ibrox atmosphere can be like and from the start having them in the side could make a hell of a difference.

PHeffernan
14-12-2022, 11:46 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Rocky (it will be Hanlon as he is the only left sided centre back and him and Porteous are the best pairing)
Cabraja (could be Stevenson as he is a better defender)

Newell
Campbell/Kenneh (it will be both as they need 4 in the midfield and they are both combative)

McKirdy
Magennis
McGeady (he won't start, is at best 75% fit)
Nisbet

With the 5 subs being in play, I’d start both Nisbet and McGeady, they’re no good to us sitting on the bench with 30 to go and we’re 2/3 down.

Start them and have Youan/Melkersen/Jair ready to go at any point during the game but those 2 along with the rest of the side have experience and an understanding of what a hostile ibrox atmosphere can be like and from the start having them in the side could make a hell of a difference.

Hope you don't mind the cheeky highlighted additions.

Play McGeady at the moment and there is a significant risk of breaking him again which would see him miss the rest of the season.
There are still 66 points up for grabs this season and only 3 will be awarded tomorrow so it's better for him to be held back until at least the Livingston game.
Fortunately he is the sort of guy who won't play until he feels ready so no chance of him being persuaded to play against his better instincts.

All will be revealed tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Donegal Hibby
15-12-2022, 12:19 AM
Marshall.

Cadden .
Bushiri.
Hanlon.
Cabraja.

Campbell.
Kennah.
Magennis.
Stevenson.

Nisbet.
Youan.

Reasons behind my team is Campbell I want to put a shift in covering Cadden when going forward or help him out when needed , Lewis left midfield much the same as Campbell . Kennah will sit deep and try and break attacks up and I went with Magennis to help our strikers .who are Nisbet for his workrate and imo our best striker , Youan I've picked basically for his speed .want to sit deep and try and hit them on the break. I've dropped Porto , Newell and Mckirdy . Porto I'm frightened will get sent off and hasn't been playing well lately. Newell simply for the reason I feel he slows the play down to much at times and I feel Magennis is a better counter attacking player. Mckirdy would have been in my team cause he's been looking good though he's very mouthy with referees and I don't want to give Nick Walsh any opportunities to send one of our players off

J-C
15-12-2022, 05:54 AM
I think he'll go 541 and hope for a bit of luck.

Marshall

Cadden
Ricky
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Campbell
Kenneh
Newell
Mitchell

Nisbet

JimBHibees
15-12-2022, 05:55 AM
I think he'll go 541 and hope for a bit of luck.

Marshall

Cadden
Ricky
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Campbell
Kenneh
Newell
Mitchell

Nisbet

Something like this I think. Let's defend like our lives depended on it for a change.

JammyDoidger
15-12-2022, 06:24 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Rocky
Hanlon
Cabraja

Magennis
Campbell
Kenneh
Newell
Mitchell

McGregor

Unseen work
15-12-2022, 07:12 AM
Something like this I think. Let's defend like our lives depended on it for a change.

I’ve rarely watched Hibs where that’s worked.

If you lose a goal first 5 minutes your whole game plan is ruined.

We need to carry an attacking threat and get in their face, similar to the first game against them this season.

There back 4 looks like it will be tavernier - King - Davies - Devine

We should be all over that

hibsbollah
15-12-2022, 07:58 AM
Happy Clapper Meter Reading is very low for this one. The World Cup being on TV just adds to the sense of unreality, like this game is just coming at the wrong time.

Tyler Durden
15-12-2022, 08:02 AM

If you lose a goal first 5 minutes your hole game plan is ruined.

We need to carry an attacking threat and get in their face, similar to the first game against them this season.

Many's a time my hole game plan has been ruined.

Mcbizz1998
15-12-2022, 08:03 AM

[emoji23]

Mcbizz1998
15-12-2022, 08:04 AM
Not a chance IMHO. Might get away with a 2-0 defeat if Rangers are a bit rusty but I can see us losing 4-0.

Only reason I think we might get something is because that’s the kind of thing Hibs would do. Win out of the blue at Ibrox and then follow it up with a loss to Livi at home.

In reality, I’m with you though, no chance!

Unseen work
15-12-2022, 08:19 AM

🤣🤣🤣🤝

B.H.F.C
15-12-2022, 08:34 AM

If you lose a goal first 5 minutes your whole game plan is ruined.

I agree with the need to get at that back four. I’m just not sure, minus Boyle, we have anyone capable of getting us up the park quickly enough to do so. If we’re to get any joy I think Johnson will need to come up with something a bit different. Nisbet should be up for it but whether we can get him in to good positions and get the ball in to him quickly enough is another question.

The Baldmans Comb
15-12-2022, 09:22 AM
It gets worse as the loony wide boy of a manager has now said he wants to move on "at least 5/6 from his bloated squad".

He is damm right as well but imagine saying this in public to the players prior to the 2nd most difficult away match in the league.

As always his knowledge of Scottish football and particularly of Hibs is just lazy, disrespectful and non existent as Butcher said exactly the same thing in public and the rest is horrible history.

Wouldnae buy a scooter from this demeaning clown never mind one of his cars.

easty
15-12-2022, 09:35 AM

:top marks

easty
15-12-2022, 09:39 AM
It gets worse as the loony wide boy of a manager has now said he wants to move on "at least 5/6 from his bloated squad".

He is damm right as well but imagine saying this in public to the players prior to the 2nd most difficult away match in the league.

As always his knowledge of Scottish football and particularly of Hibs is just lazy, disrespectful and non existent as Butcher said exactly the same thing in public and the rest is horrible history.

Why would you buy a scooter from anyone?

flash
15-12-2022, 09:55 AM

Bit ironic labelling him disrespectful then calling him a clown.

Since452
15-12-2022, 10:00 AM

Having played in this league for our city neighbours and having won a trophy with Killie i'm pretty sure he has a more than decent knowledge of the game up here. I'd describe your criticism as lazy.

grunt
15-12-2022, 10:02 AM
Bit ironic labelling him disrespectful then calling him a clown.Specially after saying he's right.

JamesHFC
15-12-2022, 10:11 AM
Porteous is starting.

Callum_62
15-12-2022, 10:29 AM

Wouldnae buy a scooter from this demeaning clown never mind one of his cars.I'm Almost certain the 5 or 6 already know they ain't making it here

If the 5 or 6 are making regular appearances then OK, see the point but they won't be

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
15-12-2022, 11:15 AM

He’s said it for a while and I don’t see the issue, the players will already know themselves and imagine a few of them want to leave for game time.

As long as the core group of players are happy and know they’re wanted then happy days

theonlywayisup
15-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Fish
Rocky
Hanlon
Cabraja

Magennis
Campbell
Kenneh
Newell
Mitchell

McGregor

Are we playing twelve a side games now? Who's the new striker McGregor? :greengrin

theonlywayisup
15-12-2022, 11:19 AM
Any thoughts on who is going to be the pantomime villain tonight? Obviously the media will want it to be Porto? Maybe Morellos? Maybe Walsh?

Unseen work
15-12-2022, 11:24 AM
Any thoughts on who is going to be the pantomime villain tonight? Obviously the media will want it to be Porto? Maybe Morellos? Maybe Walsh?

100% McKirdy 🤣

hibbydog
15-12-2022, 11:27 AM

😂

Jones28
15-12-2022, 12:31 PM

Do you disagree with him?

The Butcher comparison is lazy at best, Butcher told half the squad they would not be here next season in January. No wonder they didn’t win a game for the rest of the season.

B.H.F.C
15-12-2022, 01:02 PM
Porteous is starting.

No surprise really. Will continue to be first choice until he leaves, whenever that is.

Up-the-slope
15-12-2022, 01:35 PM
Porto to do a Scott Brown (last game against Celtic) and MoM performance and goal to cement his offer from them :dunno:

MrRobot
15-12-2022, 01:40 PM
marshall
cadden rocky porto hanlon cabraja
kenneh magennis newell
mckirdy myko/nisbet

He's here!
15-12-2022, 01:51 PM

Probably already been pointed out but LJ's knowledge of Scottish football is not non existent bearing in mind he played for Hearts and Killie. Butcher also became a Rangers legend as a player and had managed Motherwell and Inverness for many years before taking the Hibs job. He simply wasn't up to it. It remains to be seen whether LJ is but so far it's not looking good.

bigwheel
15-12-2022, 02:01 PM

Do you think these conversations aren’t already active with the players ?? That’s the industry ..players will be seeking moves, and we will already be speaking to some we want to move on in Jan. They won’t be hearing it via the press …

Brightside
15-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Porteous is starting.

no doubt he would start. I really hope Campbell is also, as he is the only bit of energy we have in midfield.

JamesHFC
15-12-2022, 02:32 PM
no doubt he would start. I really hope Campbell is also, as he is the only bit of energy we have in midfield.

He is 👍

Smartie
15-12-2022, 02:53 PM
I take it "the mole" is back if we're learning these things about the team long before it is announced?

flash
15-12-2022, 02:54 PM
Marshall

Porto
Rocky
Hanlon

Cabraja
Newall
Kenneh
Campbell
Cadden

Myko
Nisbet.

That's my team.

Billy Whizz
15-12-2022, 02:55 PM
He is 👍

You’d be as well just showing the whole team, give Rangers another advantage

Hibees1973
15-12-2022, 03:36 PM

It's clear to me that Johnson is on borrowed time. His press conferences are becoming more and more erratic as time goes on.

Johnson saying he needs to move on 'at least 5/6 from his bloated squad' strikes me as a direct criticism of recruitment headed by Ron's son. I reckon more than ten could be moved on. I suggest Bojang, McKirdy, Henderson, Tavares, Miller, Mitchell, Bradley, McGeady, Fish, Delfierre & Youan could all go. Getting rid of them quickly will be almost impossible, but in any case it will and has cost Hibs a fortune. If they all did go and for what all these players have contributed, it would be as if they were all never here. We wouldn't miss any of them.

I've criticised the recruitment of players for the last couple of years. Most of the players I have listed have been recruited since Johnson joined so he must accept some responsibility. But now he says his squad is bloated. Rumour has it that East Mains is not a happy camp. i suppose having so many players knocking about not having game time is a major factor in this. However, Johnson allowed Ron's son to bring in all these below average players and now he is complaining.

The way we were playing prior to the break was concerning. The performance against Ross County was the worst I've seen since the Butcher days.

The next 4 games are crucial. After these games I predict we will be 10th and only a couple of points off the bottom of the league.

Brightside
15-12-2022, 04:20 PM
You’d be as well just showing the whole team, give Rangers another advantage

Is it really an advantage?

bigwheel
15-12-2022, 04:24 PM

Wouldn’t give any micro info to Rangers that might help them ….there’s a reason team sheets are finalised before they are exchanged ….

PHeffernan
15-12-2022, 05:15 PM

If you are the Rangers manager you know Hibs will be putting all their grafters and best players in the team to try and get a draw and perhaps steal a win.
Accordingly the guy on here confirming Porteous and Campbell in the team is no big deal. They were always going to be in the team.
Hanlon and Magennis are 2 more certainties if fit.