PDA

View Full Version : How confident are you that we'll have a successful end to the season?

theonlywayisup
10-12-2022, 05:29 AM
Enough has been written about the state of Hibernian FC! As we all know, results and performances haven't been the best.

So how do you see the remainder of the season playing out. As they say in the financial world, past performance is not indicative of future performance.

How confident are you that we'll have a successful end to the season? As previous, it's up to you to decide what you consider to be "success".

theonlywayisup
10-12-2022, 05:35 AM
Me - I'm erring towards the low or no confidence that we'll have a successful end to the season. I do feel we could be two good midfielders away from being a good team, but I don't have much confidence that we'll get these players in.

Sadly don't see us getting too far in the Scottish Cup and think we'll miss out on the top six.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2022, 06:21 AM
On the basis that I consider a successful season to be a 3rd place finish I've gone for zero confidence.

Key West
10-12-2022, 06:48 AM
Without Martin Boyle I think it will be an absolute struggle, the current squad will probably be battling it out in the bottom six.

SChibs
10-12-2022, 07:18 AM
I think we'll end up 4th and I would see that as a successful season.

Jones28
10-12-2022, 07:30 AM
Right now I’d take top 6 and beating Hearts in the cup.

I can’t believe how badly we’ve ****ed up the last 18 months.

hibby rae
10-12-2022, 07:42 AM
Sadly it'll depend on the other teams as much as us.

We'd need to make some decent signings in January, and empty a lot of dross. But seeing as that dross has been signed by the people that need to do a good job in January, I don't see it

J-C
10-12-2022, 07:58 AM
After a brightish start we quickly reverted back to the bad old ways of the past couple of seasons. My confidence in Johnson has waned and I can't see him turning things around, we've lost Boyle and now probably Porteous, although Rocky has been decent but the players look lost at times. Where's the high press, the high energy attacking football promised? Judge him after 12 games, well I am and not convinced.

B.H.F.C
10-12-2022, 07:58 AM
As far as the league goes, 3rd would be successful and 4th would be reasonably successful. Not confident of either whatsoever.

Unseen work
10-12-2022, 08:01 AM
I’m confident.

Our run is poor but we’re not as bad as that and have been unfortunate at times.

We’ll get the creative midfielder we need and McKirdy, Nisbet and McGeady will really kick us on. I’m not going to mention Mitchell or Magennis as being back and helping us as I have no faith in him staying fit but I think Tavares will play a much bigger part second half of the season and to good effect.

I don’t think we’re far away, one or two players in key positions will completely transform us.

Kuharevych, Nisbet, McKirdy, McGeady, Youan, Melkersen and Tavares is more than enough attacking threat and different types to get us winning games - sign someone that gets the ball to them and creates and we’ll start beating teams a lot more comfortably.

Steve20
10-12-2022, 08:05 AM
With the current squad, not confident at all. We won't be near the relegation places, but we'll be around mid table. If we improved the squad (need to be a big improvement), then we could challenge for Europe.

green day
10-12-2022, 08:09 AM
I put no confidence (along with the majority of responders).

We will be bottom 6, at best.

theonlywayisup
10-12-2022, 08:30 AM
After a brightish start we quickly reverted back to the bad old ways of the past couple of seasons. My confidence in Johnson has waned and I can't see him turning things around, we've lost Boyle and now probably Porteous, although Rocky has been decent but the players look lost at times. Where's the high press, the high energy attacking football promised? Judge him after 12 games, well I am and not convinced.

As has been said on many times, there are no leaders in our team. That has to be addressed, so stop the promising, great stats youngsters approach and give us some leaders.

I’m confident.

Our run is poor but we’re not as bad as that and have been unfortunate at times.

We’ll get the creative midfielder we need and McKirdy, Nisbet and McGeady will really kick us on. I’m not going to mention Mitchell or Magennis as being back and helping us as I have no faith in him staying fit but I think Tavares will play a much bigger part second half of the season and to good effect.

I don’t think we’re far away, one or two players in key positions will completely transform us.

Kuharevych, Nisbet, McKirdy, McGeady, Youan, Melkersen and Tavares is more than enough attacking threat and different types to get us winning games - sign someone that gets the ball to them and creates and we’ll start beating teams a lot more comfortably.

I don't disagree, but it's been evident for ages that we need better quality in midfield. If only we could get a couple of John McGinn/Fraser Fyvie types players.

Unseen work
10-12-2022, 08:58 AM
As has been said on many times, there are no leaders in our team. That has to be addressed, so stop the promising, great stats youngsters approach and give us some leaders.

I don't disagree, but it's been evident for ages that we need better quality in midfield. If only we could get a couple of John McGinn/Fraser Fyvie types players.

Yeah you’re right, in theory it’s an easy fix but actually getting the right player is always more difficult than we think. Or we sign one fans are buzzing about and doesn’t ever show anything, Ryan Gauld the prime example

Eyrie
10-12-2022, 09:45 AM
I define a successful season as qualifying for Europe and good runs in the cup.

Right now, the middle of the table is so congested (we're five points off third and three ahead of eleventh) that it's impossible to say where we'll end up. We start back with some difficult fixtures but a good run after that would see us move up the table so the question is how confident am I that will happen, and the answer is 4 based partly on our own efforts and partly on the inconsistency of the other teams.

Johnny_Leith
10-12-2022, 09:46 AM
We have started to look like a bottom 6 side of late. A good run in the cup would do a lot for us but we've a tough draw and have a miserable recent (and general) record in derbies.

It's all looking pretty grim unfortunately.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2022, 09:48 AM
I define a successful season as qualifying for Europe and good runs in the cup.

Right now, the middle of the table is so congested (we're five points off third and three ahead of eleventh) that it's impossible to say where we'll end up. We start back with some difficult fixtures but a good run after that would see us move up the table so the question is how confident am I that will happen, and the answer is 4 based partly on our own efforts and partly on the inconsistency of the other teams.

We're five points ahead of 11th thankfully.

Hiber-nation
10-12-2022, 09:49 AM
At the moment, none at all. But that will surely change over the next 6 weeks, won't it??

Eyrie
10-12-2022, 09:54 AM
We're five points ahead of 11th thankfully.

It's too early in the morning for me to be doing advanced thinking :doh:

Mikey_1875
10-12-2022, 10:03 AM
I’d put us a 50:50 chance of top 6 which is probably on the optimistic side at the moment. I just can’t see this current run of form going on much longer after these upcoming difficult games. With or without LJ.

In terms of what is successful I suppose a European spot is success and that could be from 5th upwards. Therefore I would say a 4.

H18S NX
10-12-2022, 10:54 AM
Sad to say but Zero from me,i have seen nothing this season that gives me confidence in this team,imo of course.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2022, 10:58 AM
I think we'll end up 4th and I would see that as a successful season.

I can't see it, mate. We look terrible just now.

Stubbsy90+2
10-12-2022, 11:04 AM
No confidence at all.

heretoday
10-12-2022, 11:15 AM
Not confident. We'll be fortunate to make top six.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Not confident. We'll be fortunate to make top six.

In all seriousness, if we can halt our slide down the table and avoid a relegation battle, along with a half decent cup run, I will accept that as a successful season, before we look at re-building for next season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2022, 12:17 PM
A successful end to the season would be top six. I would take bottom of the top six right now and be content if there was then a clear out and a major resetting of the strategy to take the club forwards

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2022, 01:05 PM
A successful end to the season would be top six. I would take bottom of the top six right now and be content if there was then a clear out and a major resetting of the strategy to take the club forwards

Exactly my feelings, mate.

Smartie
10-12-2022, 01:46 PM
I put 3 out of 10.

Like some others, I don't think we're all that far away. Up until the St Mirren home game I was really quite happy with where we were, allowing for the odd imperfection.

The deterioration from that point has been really alarming.

I guess the confidence part comes from my confidence in Hibs' ability to rectify the situation and my confidence in that is very low indeed. We've known what we've needed to do over at least the last 3 transfer windows and we've not even come close to addressing our needs. So even if we'd only needed one or two players, I wouldn't back Hibs to pull it off, let alone one where a bit of wheeling and dealing and a fair bit of canny business is probably going to be required. We need adequate replacements for the injured players, others we've been needing for several windows and to shift players other clubs are unlikely to be interested in.

ManchesterGreen
10-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Absolutely no confidence in the slightest. A year or so ago we binned Jack Ross and I thought it couldn’t get any worse than what it was then. Boy how wrong was I ??

Since then we’ve binned another manager. Signed god knows how many players and in the same breath, you can ask how many have been successful.

The football on display is not the best, slight glimpses of good stuff but the majority has been poor. The experienced players that have played have been poor with no leadership shown. We lose the first goal in games and we monumentally crumble.

The owner thinks his son is doing a wonderful job in the recruiting department whereas the rest of us can see he’s the exact opposite. That for me is the most worrying aspect of everything that’s going on.

To be successful, all of the above will have to change or Ron will have to remove his son and get a proper DOF in there which I’m afraid, doesn’t look like is going to happen.

Just_Jimmy
10-12-2022, 02:33 PM
None.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

CMac1988
10-12-2022, 02:38 PM
I've put 3, but that's on the basis that the players who are coming back from injury can stay injury free and be of some value to the team. I used the word apathy the other day and have seen it a few times from other posters here and elsewhere. Truth be told I don't expect much and my only hope is that we don't end up in the bottom two. Not sure how much that equates to success. Ooh to be...

He's here!
10-12-2022, 11:24 PM
Zero from me. What is there to be confident about? I think we'll be in a relegation battle.

Haven't been watching the World Cup but I'm grateful for the respite it provides from Hibs.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-12-2022, 11:41 PM
Very little to be optimistic about right now tbh. I'd love to be wrong, but unless we can unearth a gem or two in the January transfer window or one or two of our younger players can take their chance, I don't see our current first team pool of players being able to put enough results together to see a successful second part of the season.

10-12-2022, 11:47 PM
Current squad incapable of playing the way the manager wants the team to play. Manager apparently won’t change style of play so big struggle to avoid relegation battle.

Glory Lurker
10-12-2022, 11:55 PM
Can't vote on the phone, but have no optimism. I'd give anything for the signings to prove their imagined ability and serve us up uber fitba. Prove me wrong boys, please. Otherwise I think we're going down.

Mcbizz1998
11-12-2022, 12:00 AM
I’m extremely pessimistic. With Boyle out and Porteous as good as gone, I’m worried.

I’m usually wrong about virtually all sport so I hope you all take some positivity from that.

Forza Fred
11-12-2022, 01:23 AM
Depends, as others have said, on the definition of ‘successful’.

If, now with expectations lowered, it is defined as making the top six, then I am still not confident.

Not the fault of any single individual, but because I think the collective ability of the current squad is not that great.

theonlywayisup
11-12-2022, 06:57 AM
Well I suppose this poll result shouldn't have been a surprise.

When I meet fellow Hibees in the street, at work or in the pub it's always the same reaction "let's not talk about Hibs, it'll only depress us". Everyone talks about this mad recruitment policy that we have, the lack of creativity from midfield, the lack of leaders on the pitch. And even more depressing, no-one sees an end to this. At a time when Hibs should have built on the successes of the Scottish Cup win, attendances averaging at 17,000 plus, 3rd place in the League and Cup Final appearances (was it really less than a year ago that we took the lead against Celtic in the final), we seem to have hit reverse gear.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2022, 07:01 AM
If you define successful as what I want and expect from Hibs at the start of a season then zero.

I suppose for me now though success would be getting out of this situation we find ourselves in which is concerning. We have had a shocking run of form and have a horrendous run of fixtures to come back to. When those are done my expectation is we will all realise 3rd or 4th is gone and be looking over our shoulder. So if success becomes pulling away from the bottom 2 and maybe sneaking into the top 6 then I'd put myself at about 6 on the scale above.

Keith_M
11-12-2022, 02:33 PM
I voted '2', but I've just decided we're gonna win the Scottish Cup.

I have a feeling in my bones.... and this one isn't the arthritis

:flag:

Golden Bear
11-12-2022, 02:43 PM
Almost zero confidence. We have a poor squad of players with very questionable attitudes, especially when circumstances are going against them.

PHeffernan
11-12-2022, 02:58 PM
Hibs have the 5th best squad in the league so I expect them to finish 5th.
Simple.
Need to beat Livingston on Christmas Eve and start a flat track bully winning run from the Motherwell game onwards.

Donegal Hibby
11-12-2022, 03:09 PM
Went for 7 out of 10 . Still optimistic we wil do ok . Nisbet and Mcgeady back , hopefully a couple of quality players in January ( one a creative midfielder). Stil think we have some good players in our team and a strike force as good as anyone's in the league ( outside the old firm) if we can get them firing of course.😉

Greencore
11-12-2022, 04:48 PM
None.

eezyrider
11-12-2022, 08:30 PM
We will end up in 7th. And feel lucky for that.

EZ

Hibees1973
11-12-2022, 09:06 PM
Zero confidence.

The first 4 games back are going to set the tone. Will be lucky to get 3 points. I reckon we will only get 1, against Livingston.

We have a squad full of injury prone, inexperienced lightweights.

If offered 10th place would grab it now.

Trinity Hibee
11-12-2022, 09:15 PM
We have been poor for so long now. Even the season we got 3rd we were embarrassed in the cups. Think this is the worst I’ve felt about Hibs since 2014

HFCbingo
11-12-2022, 09:25 PM
The fact that we will have Nisbett and McGeadt back gives me a great confidence because I think they will be two important players for us.

He's here!
11-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Jeez, just spotted we're at Ibrox on Thursday. I thought I had until after the World Cup before having to worry about that :-(

How come fixtures are starting up again this week?

Sir David Gray
11-12-2022, 09:37 PM
Jeez, just spotted we're at Ibrox on Thursday. I thought I had until after the World Cup before having to worry about that :-(

How come fixtures are starting up again this week?

I'm not quite sure, I can only assume they thought all Scottish based players would be home by now but Barisic and Juranovic are still there.

I believe the Scottish top flight is the biggest European league to return so soon.

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2022, 11:40 PM
A successful end to the season would be a European place and a cup semi final. With the loss of Martin Boyle and from what was served up prior to the WC break I just can't see us doing any better than 6th and I have absolutely zero confidence we will beat Hearts in the cup.

I seriously don't want any lectures about being too negative either. I've seen this movie too many times in the past and I just can't see where the improvement we need is going to come from. The longer the season has been on hold the more my confidence that this team can get any better with what we have has been eroded.

With a mixture of poor recruitment, vital players seemingly never off the treatment table and a pivotal part of our defence already sitting with his bags packed this season is descending into a car crash and my enthusiasm for it is diminishing by the day ... and I think of myself as more of a happy clapper most of the time.

I would be delighted to be proved wrong, but I just can't see it.

HerbDailly
12-12-2022, 01:44 AM
I voted '2', but I've just decided we're gonna win the Scottish Cup.

I have a feeling in my bones.... and this one isn't the arthritis

:flag:Oh great, that's a relief and a half!

hibsforeurope
12-12-2022, 01:57 AM
What we consider a successful season shouldn’t be down scaled midway through to make an upturn look successful. We (mostly)all had high hopes at the start of the season, anything less than achieving those goals isn’t success.
making Europe had to be priority, unless we’ll find ourselves further behind financially.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2022, 06:16 AM
Zero confidence.

The first 4 games back are going to set the tone. Will be lucky to get 3 points. I reckon we will only get 1, against Livingston.

We have a squad full of injury prone, inexperienced lightweights.

If offered 10th place would grab it now.

We could lose the first 4 back and still finish top 6. Loads of games to go

Hibiza
12-12-2022, 06:41 AM

According to our esteemed manager , were only a third thro' the season

J-C
12-12-2022, 06:48 AM
My worries started when he chose to use the League cup games as pre season warm ups and experimenting games, it's one of 2 cups we have a chance of winning and probably the only one with a realistic chance of winning and he screwed it up. 3-4 decent results against 10 men followed but a hammering against Celtic and suddenly the whole squad's reverted back to the bad old ways of cautious football. Where the hell is the attacking high press we were promised?

Smartie
12-12-2022, 06:52 AM

We could.

The problem we have is that the people we have in place to secure the players we’d need to get us from the position we’ll be in after those 4 games into the top six will be the same people who have overseen our slide from 3rd place to that position in 18 months or so.

They’re the ones that most of us have close to zero confidence in.

Basildon Hibs
12-12-2022, 07:31 AM
I seriously can't see where our next win is coming from ..

bigwheel
12-12-2022, 07:51 AM
LJ is likely to get more time because of the quick fire decisions made on the last two managers . If he was to go another 4-5 games without a win though ..I suspect patience would run out . I hope for our sake that isn’t the case and we start picking up a few wins ..

GreenCastle
12-12-2022, 08:14 AM
No confidence in the team unfortunately due to awful recruitment and a soft spine of the team. Midfield needs addressed and a serious lack of goals will be an issue. Defenders who can be organised and defend crosses too would help.

The league cup mess was very annoying and felt we had turned a corner but seems we have actually gone backwards. Having watched the pre-season games I felt we were getting fresh style of football but we seemed to go back to slow / possession football with no purpose / end product (poor final
Ball / poor finishing).

Next 8 games..

Huns away
Livi home
Celtic home

(transfer window then opens)

Hearts away

If LJ survives that then…

Motherwell away
Dundee Utd home
Hearts home cup (lose that and seasons probably over)
Aberdeen home

If he manages to get some wins in those 8 games he will deserve time - it’s all about wins right now.

Happy to be proved wrong but feels like we have are only heading in one direction frustratingly.

Stubbsy90+2
12-12-2022, 08:25 AM
Would like to think someone at Hibs has seen this thread. It’s telling that over 80% of fans think we’re going to have an unsuccessful season.

Considering when we hear from RG he’s always telling us how well things are going it would show how much his opinion massively differs from the vast majority of fans.

Golden Bear
12-12-2022, 08:28 AM
No confidence in the team unfortunately due to awful recruitment and a soft spine of the team. Midfield needs addressed and a serious lack of goals will be an issue. Defenders who can be organised and defend crosses too would help.

The league cup mess was very annoying and felt we had turned a corner but seems we have actually gone backwards. Having watched the pre-season games I felt we were getting fresh style of football but we seemed to go back to slow / possession football with no purpose / end product (poor final
Ball / poor finishing).

Next 8 games..

Huns away
Livi home
Celtic home

(transfer window then opens)

Hearts away

If LJ survives that then…

Motherwell away
Dundee Utd home
Hearts home cup (lose that and seasons probably over)
Aberdeen home

If he manages to get some wins in those 8 games he will deserve time - it’s all about wins right now.

Happy to be proved wrong but feels like we have are only heading in one direction frustratingly.

Who would be a Manager? Is the problem not under performing players? We can't go on sacking Managers, personally I'm hoping that the future lies in scouting and developing our own young players but we'll need to be patient to accrue the benefit.

Stubbsy90+2
12-12-2022, 08:30 AM
Who would be a Manager? Is the problem not under performing players? We can't go on sacking Managers, personally I'm hoping that the future lies in scouting and developing our own young players but we'll need to be patient to accrue the benefit.

I would generally agree but if we have a horror run after the break then he’ll be gone as much as I don’t see the point in it.

No manager is going on an 11 or 12 game run with 10 or 11 defeats and surviving.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2022, 09:45 AM
I seriously can't see where our next win is coming from ..

Our run of games immediately after the Word Cup is just about as tough as we could get. Having said that, Hibs can always pull off a surprise win, just as we can lose games we should be winning. We just need to cross our fingers crossed; it's the defeats against the weaker team that have put us in this situation.

WhileTheChief..
12-12-2022, 09:48 AM
Would like to think someone at Hibs has seen this thread. It’s telling that over 80% of fans think we’re going to have an unsuccessful season.

Considering when we hear from RG he’s always telling us how well things are going it would show how much his opinion massively differs from the vast majority of fans.

The club will be well aware of how we're feeling. The problem is that they think we're wrong.

worcesterhibby
13-12-2022, 04:11 PM

You need to judge a manager after 12months, not 12 games. Even then, imagine Man Utd had judged Alex Ferguson after 12 months !

worcesterhibby
13-12-2022, 04:13 PM
I love this vote..The Power of Positive Thinking ! :faf::faf:

The doom and gloomers have really taken over the asylum. It's Christmas, I'm happy Clapper..it will all come good :greengrin

B.H.F.C
13-12-2022, 04:19 PM
You need to judge a manager after 12months, not 12 games. Even then, imagine Man Utd had judged Alex Ferguson after 12 months !

To be fair, it was Johnson that said we should see things starting to come together and settling down after 12 games. The fact that a reasonable start to the league was unravelling at that point hasn’t helped him.

I know the Ferguson example is always used but fact remains Johnson needs to get us winning games again. We’ve already lost 6 in 7. With the fixtures coming up it’s highly likely that’ll be up to 8 or 9 out of 10 or 11. That kind of form would have any manager, in any league under pressure.

eastterrace
13-12-2022, 05:20 PM
To be fair, it was Johnson that said we should see things starting to come together and settling down after 12 games. The fact that a reasonable start to the league was unravelling at that point hasn’t helped him.

I know the Ferguson example is always used but fact remains Johnson needs to get us winning games again. We’ve already lost 6 in 7. With the fixtures coming up it’s highly likely that’ll be up to 8 or 9 out of 10 or 11. That kind of form would have any manager, in any league under pressure.
We won our last game so no defeats from 1

Stubbsy90+2
13-12-2022, 05:29 PM

The fact people still use one extreme example from 35 years ago tells its own story.

J-C
13-12-2022, 06:50 PM

Johnson said this not me.

Springbank
14-12-2022, 07:31 AM
The summer 22 window was all about improving centre mid & centre back

We didn't manage to do either

So the best we can hope for is to be as bad as last season (8th)

There is still a winter window to reconstruct the centre of defence & midfield but I am not confident the board will see that

Mcbizz1998
14-12-2022, 10:11 AM
I’ve been enjoying not having to worry about Hibs so much that I had no clue the first game back is tomorrow!

I can’t say I’m confident of a good second half, but as always I’m hopeful. Boyle being out is a huge blow, we really need some of the other attacking players (Nisbet, McGeady) to come back and hit the ground running.

Sir David Gray
14-12-2022, 09:58 PM
Not seen this elsewhere but apologies if it has already been discussed.

The BBC have published a report by a company called Nielsen's Gracenote to predict how the season will pan out.

They predict that we will finish 8th on 39 points, just 9 points above bottom spot.

Full league prediction

Celtic - 84
Rangers - 76
Aberdeen - 48
Hearts - 46
Livingston - 46
St Mirren - 41
St Johnstone - 40
Hibs - 39
Motherwell - 35
Ross County - 32
Kilmarnock - 31
Dundee Utd - 30

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63974438

matty_f
15-12-2022, 12:24 PM

The BBC have published a report by a company called Nielsen's Gracenote to predict how the season will pan out.

They predict that we will finish 8th on 39 points, just 9 points above bottom spot.

Full league prediction

Celtic - 84
Rangers - 76
Aberdeen - 48
Hearts - 46
Livingston - 46
St Mirren - 41
St Johnstone - 40
Hibs - 39
Motherwell - 35
Ross County - 32
Kilmarnock - 31
Dundee Utd - 30

And just nine off third.

Hibiza
15-12-2022, 12:34 PM
The summer 22 window was all about improving centre mid & centre back

We didn't manage to do either

So the best we can hope for is to be as bad as last season (8th)

There is still a winter window to reconstruct the centre of defence & midfield but I am not confident the board will see that

Haven't seen it for the last two years: nothing to suggest they'll see it now.

Stuart93
15-12-2022, 12:39 PM

Full league prediction

Celtic - 84
Rangers - 76
Aberdeen - 48
Hearts - 46
Livingston - 46
St Mirren - 41
St Johnstone - 40
Hibs - 39
Motherwell - 35
Ross County - 32
Kilmarnock - 31
Dundee Utd - 30

Let’s hope this is as accurate as most things from the bbc

eastterrace
15-12-2022, 02:51 PM

Full league prediction

Celtic - 84
Rangers - 76
Aberdeen - 48
Hearts - 46
Livingston - 46
St Mirren - 41
St Johnstone - 40
Hibs - 39
Motherwell - 35
Ross County - 32
Kilmarnock - 31
Dundee Utd - 30

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63974438i would take that right now safe from the drop. Also backed Aberdeen to finish top six so get my bet up as well.

Pretty Boy
15-12-2022, 02:58 PM

Full league prediction

Celtic - 84
Rangers - 76
Aberdeen - 48
Hearts - 46
Livingston - 46
St Mirren - 41
St Johnstone - 40
Hibs - 39
Motherwell - 35
Ross County - 32
Kilmarnock - 31
Dundee Utd - 30

I think all this would prove if it turned out to be accurate is how depressingly crap the league has become.

In 11/12 (the year before Rangers went bust) the team in 3rd had 62 points. In 16/17 the had 67, 17/18 was 70, 18/19 was 67, 19/20 was 46 and we only played 30 games. Even the last 2 years when there has been talk that the 3rd place team has been poor we managed 63 points and Hearts 61. If a team finished 3rd with 48 points we would be as well packing up and closing the whole thing down.

theonlywayisup
01-01-2023, 08:03 AM
What a massive game tomorrow is. Five points behind a third place Hertz, who have a game in hand on us. Lose and we're eight points behind, that could be eleven points. Win and the gap will be only two points, and we'll have played The Rangers, Celtic and Hertz and don't play one of the them in the league until 25th February.

Just shows how important tomorrow is, if we've any aspiration of achieving third place in the league.

Crunchie
02-01-2023, 08:54 AM

Do you really think 80% of 169 voters on here constitute the vast majority of Hibs fans? I'll wager a percentage aren't even Hibs fans.