PDA

View Full Version : B Team / Pathway To The First Team

The Modfather
09-12-2022, 10:48 AM
Thought it might be interesting to have a, hopefully, constructive thread about the b team, U19’s and pathway into the first team.

Anyone able to explain what our approach is as I find it all a bit confusing. Is the progression intended to be U19s - B team - Loan to lower leagues - first team squad?

If that’s broadly the path. Is it the implementation of this approach, rather than the approach itself a lot of us are questioning?

Have we been left with a b team in no man’s land this season given the schedule of friendlies doesn’t seem to have materialised? Will we likely go down the lowland league route for our b team next season?

From the outside it seems we have spent far too much money on the b team. I’d have thought the b team should consist of players we pick up for free e.g. Mclelland, to provide the platform for the one or two players who realistically have a chance of making the step up. Much like in youth teams.

Without a proper b team this season are we wasting a years development for the U19s and b team players like Melkerson & Tavares? It seems like they are not getting enough football, and at a sufficient level, to really kick on.

If the approach is sound, is it the implementation and actual players signed that’s the real issue? How much have we spent on Melkerson, Tavares, Hague, Delfierre, Macallister, Mackay, Tait etc with it looking unlikely many/any will end up making it far less net us a fee.

What is the actual progression and plan for introducing the U19s, a number of which are 18 already, next season? We have a massive squad that will be hard to trim while still needing a number of starters to be signed. Do we have to take the financial hit and start freezing players out we can’t move on over the next few windows in order to create space for the U19s and the players on loan like Delfiere? Or will the bloated squad we are stuck with actually block the pathway?

Stuart93
09-12-2022, 10:54 AM
Was disappointed not to see a few of them get more game time yesterday.

hibsforeurope
09-12-2022, 11:01 AM
It seems this year that the European run has, rightly so, taken priority.

Next season will be interesting to see what route this takes.

Do we actually need this additional step, with games hard to come by and the club not keen on entering the lowland league, could we go direct from the u18/19's to loan and then on to the 1st team?

Iain G
09-12-2022, 11:20 AM
It seems this year that the European run has, rightly so, taken priority.

Next season will be interesting to see what route this takes.

Do we actually need this additional step, with games hard to come by and the club not keen on entering the lowland league, could we go direct from the u18/19's to loan and then on to the 1st team?

I got the impression that the B team plan would negate the need to send a lot of players on loan, getting them good quality competitive games, running in parallel with the first team season, and allowing them to progress naturally in our own control.

The fixtures don't seem to have been regularly established and perhaps a good idea hasn't been able to be formed into a working plan?

SickBoy32
09-12-2022, 12:04 PM
Looks like yet another crazy and poorly thought-out idea from our exec leadership.

Bonkers that we felt that ad hoc friendlies against English sides would be better than partaking in a proper league format.

Our rivals' younger players are all getting far more exposure to Scottish football in the Lowland League, which will potentially benefit them in the coming years.

Meanwhile we're stuck with a relatively expensive Dev squad playing nowhere near enough football.

We're crying out for some proper leadership at the club just now, and I feel we'll continue to flounder until the BK / IG issue is resolved

hibsforeurope
09-12-2022, 12:10 PM
I got the impression that the B team plan would negate the need to send a lot of players on loan, getting them good quality competitive games, running in parallel with the first team season, and allowing them to progress naturally in our own control.

The fixtures don't seem to have been regularly established and perhaps a good idea hasn't been able to be formed into a working plan?

Add in to the the reserve league/Cup, it all just seems a bit muddled up.

it's not a bad idea, just need to make sure there are a meaningful number of fixtures to justify running the squad.

offshorehibby
09-12-2022, 12:12 PM
Thought it might be interesting to have a, hopefully, constructive thread about the b team, U19’s and pathway into the first team.

Anyone able to explain what our approach is as I find it all a bit confusing. Is the progression intended to be U19s - B team - Loan to lower leagues - first team squad?

If that’s broadly the path. Is it the implementation of this approach, rather than the approach itself a lot of us are questioning?

Have we been left with a b team in no man’s land this season given the schedule of friendlies doesn’t seem to have materialised? Will we likely go down the lowland league route for our b team next season?

From the outside it seems we have spent far too much money on the b team. I’d have thought the b team should consist of players we pick up for free e.g. Mclelland, to provide the platform for the one or two players who realistically have a chance of making the step up. Much like in youth teams.

Without a proper b team this season are we wasting a years development for the U19s and b team players like Melkerson & Tavares? It seems like they are not getting enough football, and at a sufficient level, to really kick on.

If the approach is sound, is it the implementation and actual players signed that’s the real issue? How much have we spent on Melkerson, Tavares, Hague, Delfierre, Macallister, Mackay, Tait etc with it looking unlikely many/any will end up making it far less net us a fee.

What is the actual progression and plan for introducing the U19s, a number of which are 18 already, next season? We have a massive squad that will be hard to trim while still needing a number of starters to be signed. Do we have to take the financial hit and start freezing players out we can’t move on over the next few windows in order to create space for the U19s and the players on loan like Delfiere? Or will the bloated squad we are stuck with actually block the pathway?

I think you are spot on with a couple of your comments. We have been let down big time with the B team.
I think the big disappointment was the collapse of the games against English U23 sides. At the time we had decided this was a better development option than entering a team into the Lowland league. The English games fell through, but I think by that time it was to late to enter a team into the Lowland.
What’s really annoyed me there is we have not tried to get more games organised for the B team/development team. These guys should be playing every week, preferably against good opposition.
Maybe we should have had more of our prospects out on loan gaining experience. The B team/development just doesn’t seem to have went as planned.
I believe Matty F and longbangers are wanting to get Steve Kean on to find out what’s happening with the B team, I’d love this to happen as I’d love to know where we go from here.
I’m sure we paid money for Mclelland as well though.

matty_f
09-12-2022, 12:25 PM
I think you are spot on with a couple of your comments. We have been let down big time with the B team.
I think the big disappointment was the collapse of the games against English U23 sides. At the time we had decided this was a better development option than entering a team into the Lowland league. The English games fell through, but I think by that time it was to late to enter a team into the Lowland.
What’s really annoyed me there is we have not tried to get more games organised for the B team/development team. These guys should be playing every week, preferably against good opposition.
Maybe we should have had more of our prospects out on loan gaining experience. The B team/development just doesn’t seem to have went as planned.
I believe Matty F and longbangers are wanting to get Steve Kean on to find out what’s happening with the B team, I’d love this to happen as I’d love to know where we go from here.
I’m sure we paid money for Mclelland as well though.

We are, as we'd like to understand what the script is.

Good thread, I think there are a lot of pertinent questions being asked.

Stubbsy90+2
09-12-2022, 01:51 PM
The Development team has been a monumental waste of money.

Whether the idea is a good one or not, the fact we’ve invested serious money into a squad of players who are no use to the first team and have no programme of matches to help them develop for a full season is a complete waste.

That money should have been put into the first team. This sort of project would have merit when you are absolutely flying. Not when you’re absolutely crap and there’s the best European spots that will probably ever be available to us on offer for a 3 or 4 season period. To direct funds away from trying to get those European spots beggars belief.

Brightside
09-12-2022, 02:13 PM
I would dump the dev team right now. Waste of money. Good young prospects can go on loan and we bring them back or release at the end of that.

matty_f
09-12-2022, 02:36 PM
I would dump the dev team right now. Waste of money. Good young prospects can go on loan and we bring them back or release at the end of that.

I wouldn't dump it nor would I call it a monumental waste of money.

It's 6-7 months into its first year in its current set up. There will be lots for the club to learn from and evolve/improve - something that's not perfect today doesn't mean it can't ever work.

There's a phrase that is something like "don't let perfection get in the way of progress", so basically don't worry about not making mistakes to get something off the ground. If you believe in the principle and you think it'll work, go with it as well as you can and be prepared to change and improve as you go.

I think sacking it after 7 months is a bad idea.

hibsforeurope
09-12-2022, 02:48 PM

It's 6-7 months into its first year in its current set up. There will be lots for the club to learn from and evolve/improve - something that's not perfect today doesn't mean it can't ever work.

There's a phrase that is something like "don't let perfection get in the way of progress", so basically don't worry about not making mistakes to get something off the ground. If you believe in the principle and you think it'll work, go with it as well as you can and be prepared to change and improve as you go.

I think it probably is a needed step, we need to do everything to give this current crop of youngsters a platform to progress to the 1st team. but this season you could argue the Dev team has been a waste of money. instead of making mass signings last summer it could have been introduced next season once the u19's are too old for age grade football.

Stubbsy90+2
09-12-2022, 02:52 PM

To be fair I’d agree with a lot of what you’ve said, but not having any games for them to play isn’t something that the club should have had to have learned.

Putting all that money into a team that isn’t the first team at a time when the first team desperately needed investment and the riches on offer from European football are greater than ever for a 4 year window or so was madness. To compound that by investing all that money but pretty much not have them playing games at probably the most important part of these guys career in terms of progressing to professional footballers is ridiculous really.

This year of kicking their heels with next to no games will most likely greatly reduce these guys chances of making it at Hibs as it’s a whole year of their development wasted. That’s a waste of money imo.

Ronniekirk
09-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Was disappointed not to see a few of them get more game time yesterday.

Think the priority yesterday was to get as many players coming back from injury as much game time as possible and some of the fringe players that he might want to feature against the Hun

Brightside
09-12-2022, 03:18 PM

I think in theory its a good idea. But we have limited funds and its not going to get us the end game we need. Which is a run in Europe. Personally I don't think we can afford to run a Development squad. It is the wrong time to even attempt it. The other phrase I like is "Only gamble what you can afford to lose". Not coming 3rd is a massive issue for this club if it wants to move forward.

Eyrie
09-12-2022, 06:30 PM
How many players do we expect to graduate to the first team squad from the development squad each year?

If the answer is only one or two, then the development squad is an expensive vanity project and it would be far better to put those one or two youngsters out on loan to gain competitive experience in the lower leagues where there is pressure to achieve with their loan side as opposed to playing development friendlies with little at stake. The wages saved by not having the rest of the development players then enables us to increase the first team budget and that gives us the best chance of improving the first team.

If the answer is five or six, then the other dozen wages have been worthwhile.

Broken Gnome
09-12-2022, 06:38 PM
I still imagine it might be easier to get the bloated squad down to size than people might 5hink.

Forget the contract security and the length of deals we've dishes out - are Tavares, Melkerson, Hague, Delfierre etc really up for wasting potentially rhe most important three/four years of their career kicking round East Mains waiting for a random bounce game?

I just don't see us as that sort of club, unless the money is ridiculous, who can sustain this sort of set up.

King conrad
09-12-2022, 07:01 PM
We have signed a number of young players from abroad for money who are no better than the young local players we have.
That is the problem i have with it.
It's meant to help their chances of getting into the first team but signing all these players just makes it harder not easier.
Numerous players fighting for the same positions and that's without even getting near first team football.
Our Academy is saturated with too many players.

The Modfather
05-01-2023, 05:11 PM
Re-visiting this thread. Given we don’t appear to have much money left for January and won’t see many incomings, unless we can move players on. Will we look to promote any of the U19s?

Or is that unlikely as Johnson is fighting for his job and only looking at his short term future? I’d be disappointed if we don’t start to introduce the U19s. I get that we need to ensure we don’t end up in a relegation battle, but if we don’t start to use them. Particularly given how bad we were last season, this season and next season when there will be another player churn I don’t see that there’s actually any pathway or opportunity.

1875Sean
05-01-2023, 06:18 PM
Hibs should have joined the lowland league, how many games have the b team had this season? About 5?

Waxy
05-01-2023, 06:25 PM
Recruitment to the development team is vital.Who’s job is this?
We need these players to be fighting and capable of a first team slot.
Less players in the first teams but more quality.
Reserve team players ready to step in to cover.
Imo.

hibee-boys
05-01-2023, 06:37 PM
For a team previously renowned for bringing through young talent we’ve been lacking in that department for over a decade. Can only think of Porteous who we’ve brought through into a first team regular, Doig wasn’t a youth prospect here. We seem to have a severe disconnect between youth team football and the number ultimately challenging for the first team. Who’d have thought we’d see such a meagre return from our multi million investment into our own training ground.

wallpaperman
05-01-2023, 06:39 PM
Hibs should have joined the lowland league, how many games have the b team had this season? About 5?

Sorry, the Lowland League wants to punt these abomination of B teams, not have more, I think this will be th last year you see them in the LL.

Libby Hibby
05-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Why not just have a B league, with a B league cup and a B Scottish cup?

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 07:20 PM
Why not just have a B league, with a B league cup and a B Scottish cup?

Not enough other teams have a B team.

marinello59
05-01-2023, 07:21 PM
Not enough other teams have a B team.

We seem to have two. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 07:22 PM

Agree on the number of games but the LL isn’t the answer - can’t see how the development and progression would happen playing against amateur teams.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 07:23 PM
We seem to have two. :greengrin

:hilarious yeah let them play against each other every day and pick the next 18 from that weeks trial.

Unseen work
05-01-2023, 07:23 PM
For those that watch the B team/Developmenr/18s regularly how far away are guys like

Delferriere
Emmanuel Johnson
Murray Aiken
Jacob Blaney
Ethan Ladlaw
Oscar McIntyre
Josh O’Connor

They’re the ones I see and hear about most often but just curious to see if they’re at the level to genuinely step up and compete soon.

You would have thought Laidlaw or O’Connor who seem to at least score and create a lot would have made the bench or got a sub appearance given the flak our forwards have had

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 07:25 PM
For those that watch the B team/Developmenr/18s regularly how far away are guys like

Delferriere
Emmanuel Johnson
Murray Aiken
Jacob Blaney
Ethan Ladlaw
Oscar McIntyre
Josh O’Connor

They’re the ones I see and hear about most often but just curious to see if they’re at the level to genuinely step up and compete soon.

You would have thought Laidlaw or O’Connor who seem to at least score and create a lot would have made the bench or got a sub appearance given the flak our forwards have had

It’s not possible to watch them regularly- they rarely play any games.

wallpaperman
05-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Agree on the number of games but the LL isn’t the answer - can’t see how the development and progression would happen playing against amateur teams.

Good lord, they are not amateur teams, they are semi professional, a tier below the SPFL.

The players get paid, some of the teams at the top end of the LL would hold their own no problem in SPFL 2.

it was nice to see that Spartans beat Rangers B the other night 3-1 to go top of the LL.

Big_Franck
05-01-2023, 07:59 PM
The Development team has been a monumental waste of money.

Whether the idea is a good one or not, the fact we’ve invested serious money into a squad of players who are no use to the first team and have no programme of matches to help them develop for a full season is a complete waste.

That money should have been put into the first team. This sort of project would have merit when you are absolutely flying. Not when you’re absolutely crap and there’s the best European spots that will probably ever be available to us on offer for a 3 or 4 season period. To direct funds away from trying to get those European spots beggars belief.

Totally agree with your last paragraph. It's a crucial time for us, them and Aberdeen to be competing for 3rd with the millions on offer each season for making the group stages and we've a bang average first team squad (I'm feeling generous) and we've wasted a significant amount on the development team for absolutely no return.

The money paid for the likes of Tavares, Reuben McAllister and Melkersen could and should have been invested in first team ready players with at least a decent amount of experience.

Unseen work
05-01-2023, 08:03 PM
It’s not possible to watch them regularly- they rarely play any games.

🤣true

number9dream
05-01-2023, 08:03 PM

Delferriere
Emmanuel Johnson
Murray Aiken
Jacob Blaney
Ethan Ladlaw
Oscar McIntyre
Josh O’Connor

Delferriere hasn't played for Edinburgh City since coming off the bench in mid-November, so maybe injured. He started most games before that in a midfield holding role.
Johnson is usually a sub on the wing or at wing-back and centre-back Jack Brydon has started about half of their league matches, which doesn't look great although City are having a good season in League 1.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 08:08 PM
Good lord, they are not amateur teams, they are semi professional, a tier below the SPFL.

The players get paid, some of the teams at the top end of the LL would hold their own no problem in SPFL 2.

it was nice to see that Spartans beat Rangers B the other night 3-1 to go top of the LL.

I know where they play and I know they get a few quid a week but semi pro is a bit of a stretch. I’ve worked beside some of these guys in the past and it’s just a hobby they get some pocket money from.

wallpaperman
05-01-2023, 08:25 PM
I know where they play and I know they get a few quid a week but semi pro is a bit of a stretch. I’ve worked beside some of these guys in the past and it’s just a hobby they get some pocket money from.

Perhaps if you worked with people a decade or more ago that would be the case, these days there will be plenty of players on more than a few quid a week. A lot of the Lowland League clubs are either well run with lots of sponsorship and hard working committees or have someone backing them financially (how Kelty Hearts have rocketed quickly up the tiers).

Kirk Broadfoot did not leave Inverness CT where he was still an effective player to join a LL league team for sweeties you can bank on that. He could easily have got a team in SPFL 1 or 2 if he wanted.

Tranent are doing really well, get crowds of around 400-500 at the moment, Craig Barr who was Cowdenbeath captain for a few years joined them in the summer, could easily have chosen to stay in the SPFL, same with Liam Buchanan now at Berwick.

The dalmeny
05-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Might be wrong but I heard clubs were going to be restricted to being able to put 5 players out on loan next season. That could leave a lot of players kicking their heels if there isn’t a decent reserve league/cup in place

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2023, 08:38 PM
Perhaps if you worked with people a decade or more ago that would be the case, these days there will be plenty of players on more than a few quid a week. A lot of the Lowland League clubs are either well run with lots of sponsorship and hard working committees or have someone backing them financially (how Kelty Hearts have rocketed quickly up the tiers).

Kirk Broadfoot did not leave Inverness CT where he was still an effective player to join a LL league team for sweeties you can bank on that. He could easily have got a team in SPFL 1 or 2 if he wanted.

Tranent are doing really well, get crowds of around 400-500 at the moment, Craig Barr who was Cowdenbeath captain for a few years joined them in the summer, could easily have chosen to stay in the SPFL, same with Liam Buchanan now at Berwick.

I think with the junior teams moving into the senior leagues it’s increased the standard. Having said that the majority (taking into account the exceptions you’ve given) are doing this in addition to their “real” job. Doesn’t feel like the best place to develop youngsters - it’s a place they go after they can’t make it at Hibs.

Big_Franck
05-01-2023, 08:41 PM

Semi-pro is definitely a stretch. My brother played in the lowland league for years until very recently. He and his teammates got token payments once a month that might have bought them a couple pints after the game.

wallpaperman
05-01-2023, 08:47 PM
I think with the junior teams moving into the senior leagues it’s increased the standard. Having said that the majority (taking into account the exceptions you’ve given) are doing this in addition to their “real” job. Doesn’t feel like the best place to develop youngsters - it’s a place they go after they can’t make it at Hibs.

oh yeah, absolutely agree that almost all will have another job or some will be at University, but most teams from SPFL1 and 2 are part time where the players have other jobs.

Even Arbroath in the Championship have a majority of players who are part time with full time jobs, though I think Scott Allan is an exception if rumours of his salary are to be believed :greengrin

chippy
05-01-2023, 08:59 PM
It actually sounds like the B team has imploded , how many games have they played ?

Hibee Mac
05-01-2023, 09:40 PM
It actually sounds like the B team has imploded , how many games have they played ?Five or something like that I think? I'll be honest I don't know the answer but I know those on here who do have been saying it's a shambles. Club are an absolute mess at the minute.

IberianHibernian
05-01-2023, 09:54 PM
It actually sounds like the B team has imploded , how many games have they played ?For whatever reason , the games against English teams don`t seem to have happened . But looking at club website , Under 18 team have 3 or 4 competitive matches per month till April at least and devt / reserve team also have about 3 matches per month in reserve league and cup . Plus European matches and players playing on loan with other clubs .

1875Sean
05-01-2023, 11:16 PM

It’s better than the current set up, a handful of friendly games

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2023, 05:31 AM
It’s better than the current set up, a handful of friendly games

Maybe - it must be difficult to judge the players though. I think it also means they’re not available for the 1st team too while playing in the LL as the kick off times are the same as the 1st team?

Sure there are pros and cons on both sides. I wouldn’t have thought not playing games was a great way to develop players though.

Unseen work
06-01-2023, 07:00 PM
3-0 up at half time tonight

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2023, 10:33 PM
3-0 up at half time tonight

Who?

The Modfather
07-01-2023, 10:27 AM
Back to the football after Bojangles-gait. Who has the best chance of making it at Hibs?

Laidlaw & Johnson had the highest profile interest. O’Connor, Aiken, Macintyre, Megwa, Blaney etc names more well known.

Who do those close to the youth teams think have a genuine chance of becoming first team players? Think I might have seen it mentioned that there are also exceptional talents below the names above. Any of those to keep an eye out for?

I’m always wary of success at U18/U19 level as it’s often because the actual talents in other youth teams are in the first team squad. Sure we were the whipping boys at U18 level at the time of the golden generation for that very reason. Yet the Kurtis Burne double winning team didn’t bring anyone through (maybe that was Wotherspoon & Booth’s team and they were solid pro’s).

Has the European run given unrealistic expectations of what we can expect from them, or given it’s European teams we’re playing we have another unique group on the cusp of coming through together?

Smartie
07-01-2023, 10:48 AM
Back to the football after Bojangles-gait. Who has the best chance of making it at Hibs?

Laidlaw & Johnson had the highest profile interest. O’Connor, Aiken, Macintyre, Megwa, Blaney etc names more well known.

Who do those close to the youth teams think have a genuine chance of becoming first team players? Think I might have seen it mentioned that there are also exceptional talents below the names above. Any of those to keep an eye out for?

I’m always wary of success at U18/U19 level as it’s often because the actual talents in other youth teams are in the first team squad. Sure we were the whipping boys at U18 level at the time of the golden generation for that very reason. Yet the Kurtis Burne double winning team didn’t bring anyone through (maybe that was Wotherspoon & Booth’s team and they were solid pro’s).

Has the European run given unrealistic expectations of what we can expect from them, or given it’s European teams we’re playing we have another unique group on the cusp of coming through together?

I don’t know anything about the young players but you’d have to say that there’s a path to the first team right now for Aiken?

We’ve had midfield issues for years, we appear to be needing to ship players out before we bring any more in and we don’t appear to be exactly in a hurry to do so.

Porteous has been used as a stop gap so Aiken’s maybe only an injury or two away from getting a run, that’s before ability is taken into consideration.

With young players I think it’s sometimes about luck and opportunity as much as it’s about ability or work rate.

The Modfather
07-01-2023, 11:01 AM
I don’t know anything about the young players but you’d have to say that there’s a path to the first team right now for Aiken?

We’ve had midfield issues for years, we appear to be needing to ship players out before we bring any more in and we don’t appear to be exactly in a hurry to do so.

Porteous has been used as a stop gap so Aiken’s maybe only an injury or two away from getting a run, that’s before ability is taken into consideration.

With young players I think it’s sometimes about luck and opportunity as much as it’s about ability or work rate.

That was one of my gripes when we played Rangers at home. Both Stevenson & Cabraja were unavailable yet we played Campbell at left back instead of Macintyre. Yes, it was Rangers at home, but did Porteous not make his debut at Ibrox in a makeshift defence?

If we don’t give youngsters their chance and play players out of position ahead of them, see Campbell & Porteous in midfield. What’s the point in spending so much on an academy when we’re so reluctant to ever use it when opportunities arise.

CapitalGreen
07-01-2023, 11:13 AM
That was one of my gripes when we played Rangers at home. Both Stevenson & Cabraja were unavailable yet we played Campbell at left back instead of Macintyre. Yes, it was Rangers at home, but did Porteous not make his debut at Ibrox in a makeshift defence?

If we don’t give youngsters their chance and play players out of position ahead of them, see Campbell & Porteous in midfield. What’s the point in spending so much on an academy when we’re so reluctant to ever use it when opportunities arise.

Ryan’s first appearances for Hibs were made in the league cup group stage against lower league teams.

The Modfather
07-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Ryan’s first appearances for Hibs were made in the league cup group stage against lower league teams.

Maybe it was his league debut, just remember reading something along those lines. General point is if we don’t give youngsters their chance when opportunities arise it’s a muddled approach to then put so much money and focus on our academy IMO.

Stubbsy90+2
07-01-2023, 11:24 AM

Hanlon was in that team as well, he just broke through before they won the double.

Ronniekirk
07-01-2023, 11:41 AM
It was Steve Keane that sold the idea of a B Team playing against English Under 23 teams being a bridge fir young players and the older players brought in with potential He thanked Ron for making the Finance available to make this happen I remember his interview at the time
Ron Gordon was also sold on the model of clubs abroad doing this and looked at Celtic and the profits they were making from selling on players
It would be good for the Club to update us on the restructuring going on behind the scenes at present and explain the rationale for this and confirm if the B Team concept is now being scrapped
As without this it just leads to confusion and Speculation
I can see the next European game with the under 19 Development Squad being the next time I go to Easter Rd unless this Transfer window is a good one