Hearts (A)
Motherwell (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (H)

We absolutely NEED to get this right.

Jones28
28-11-2022, 08:54 PM
That’s a seriously minging run. It could be very ugly, or absolutely spectacular.

BILLYHIBS
28-11-2022, 09:02 PM
It’s not going to be pretty

C’mon the Hibees!

Sir David Gray
28-11-2022, 09:07 PM
An absolutely gigantic run of fixtures for the club.

By the time we play Aberdeen we'll either have turned things around and buzzing for the rest of the season or worried about relegation and looking for a new manager.

I don't think you can really overstate just how big the next couple of months are for the club.

Carheenlea
28-11-2022, 09:13 PM
That’s a seriously minging run. It could be very ugly, or absolutely spectacular.

That’s basically three quarters of the league. If we’re saying it’s a minging run then with the form we are in you could throw up any random 7/8 games and it wouldn’t be much different.

Going on form, we’ll win a small number, lose a larger number with some draws in between ..

Gatecrasher
28-11-2022, 09:21 PM
Eight games in December/January:
Rangers (A)
Livingston (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Motherwell (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (H)

Narrator:they didn't

Colinton Hibby
28-11-2022, 09:38 PM
This run of games is why we are here. Bring it on.

bingo70
28-11-2022, 09:40 PM

Or somewhere in between with some good and some bad.

Jones28
28-11-2022, 09:59 PM
That’s basically three quarters of the league. If we’re saying it’s a minging run then with the form we are in you could throw up any random 7/8 games and it wouldn’t be much different.

Going on form, we’ll win a small number, lose a larger number with some draws in between ..

Well that’s one way to spin it. I see 5 of 8 games being against our local rivals who tend to have an edge on us, Aberdeen who are one of our biggest rivals for 3rd and then Celtic and rangers as the cherry on top. Livi have our number for whatever reason, and on current form I think the only side amongst that lot is feel reasonably confident about getting a result from us the Motherwell game.

I hate talking about Hibs like this, I’m usually a happy clapper but I’m so burst with this season already. I could use some real cheering up, not from hospitality or turnover or Twitter content, but some good stuff on the park.

Jones28
28-11-2022, 09:59 PM
Or somewhere in between with some good and some bad.

Most likely.

Slim Shady
28-11-2022, 10:08 PM
Rangers (A)
Livingston (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Motherwell (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (H)

8 games and I can’t see LJ being in charge for half of them. Maybe even away for NY Derby

Poor squad, ravished by injury, disharmony with Porto contract.

Iain G
28-11-2022, 10:10 PM
8 games and I can’t see LJ being in charge for half of them. Maybe even away for NY Derby

He will be here, can't see him going anywhere as this is a project and I hope he gets the backing and the time to see it through.

B.H.F.C
28-11-2022, 10:13 PM
Livingston at home is a real big one. We won’t get anything from Rangers or Celtic so we really need to win that one so we can at least go to Tynecastle remembering what it’s like to win. If we don’t beat Livingston, I think there is a fair chance we go to Tynecastle without LJ.

Motherwell and Dundee Utd are decent fixtures going in to the cup tie.

wookie70
28-11-2022, 10:22 PM

Poor squad, ravished by injury, disharmony with Porto contract.

Perhaps harmony after Porto leaves but I suspect neither disharmony or harmony because a football player chooses to go elsewhere. We have been very poor but there isn't much point suffering the misery of defeat before we even play the games or worrying about teh camp psyche with no knowledge. Lots of big games and those are the ones fans really pay their season tickets for and want to travel too.

Sir David Gray
28-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Livingston at home is a real big one. We won’t get anything from Rangers or Celtic so we really need to win that one so we can at least go to Tynecastle remembering what it’s like to win. If we don’t beat Livingston, I think there is a fair chance we go to Tynecastle without LJ.

Motherwell and Dundee Utd are decent fixtures going in to the cup tie.

Agreed.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2022, 10:37 PM
Rangers (A)
Livingston (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Motherwell (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (H)

Ones in bold I think we will lose, ones in italic and unerlined I think we will draw or win - maybe. Based on our current form and the fact we have no Boyle and persist in playing Newell, Hanlon and Henderson.

I personally think LJ will be away before we play Hearts in the cup, possibly even before we play them in the league at new year.

Donegal Hibby
28-11-2022, 11:53 PM
Rangers (away ) .
Livingston ( home ).✓.
Celtic ( home ).
Hearts (away).✓.
Motherwell (away).✓.
Dundee Utd ( home).✓.
Hearts ( home ).✓.
Aberdeen ( home ).✓.
Ones with ✓✓ are winnable or drawable matches .
GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

PHeffernan
28-11-2022, 11:54 PM
Rangers (A)
Livingston (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
Motherwell (A)
Dundee Utd (H)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (H)

The Dundee Utd game is the last of the second round of league fixtures.
If we could beat Livingston, Motherwell and Dundee Utd that would be 9 points from 6 games. I would happily accept losing the other 3 in exchange for that.
The reality will be something different.
Beating Livingston is a must to save us sliding down the league until we meet Heats at New Year.

danhibees1875
29-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Rangers (A) - Lose
Livingston (H) - Win
Celtic (H) - lose
Hearts (A) - lose
Motherwell (A) - draw
Dundee Utd (H) - win
Hearts (H) - win
Aberdeen (H) - draw

8 points, and cup progression.

Bobby's Cinema
29-11-2022, 09:07 AM
Not feeling confident at all, those performances before the break are a real damage to confidence when decent fixtures were on offer. I thought whenever we go a goal down we get too desperate forcing it too early and that's it.

It is easy to forget though that the manager has brought out some of the best form at times from some players Rocky, Newell, Porto during his Scotland call-up, Campbell earlier in the season, the big striker has shown enough too.

I don't want to write us off just yet, some of the football played at ER has been good to watch. But it's all on LJ to get it right in pressure fixtures after it all went wrong at Celtic Park & Pittodrie, not to mention our away form in general.

We are still in the mix but the team that finishes in 3rd has to go on a run at some point that will take them clear, can't keep relying on everyone else slipping up.

I'm Spartacus
29-11-2022, 10:46 AM
Rangers (A) 1 0 3
Livingston (H) 1 1 3
Celtic (H) 0 0 1
Hearts (A) 1 0 3
Motherwell (A) 3 1 3
Dundee Utd (H) 3 1 3
Hearts (H) Cup
Aberdeen (H) 3 1 3

3 columns listed above:

1) 12 points is what I think we will get
2) 4 points would be a disaster and we are on the manager hunt
3) 19 points is the absolute dream and we are back in the game

Rangers have to go through a rocky period and I'd rather have them first before anyone.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2022, 12:42 PM
Rangers (A) - Lose
Livingston (H) - Win
Celtic (H) - lose
Hearts (A) - lose
Motherwell (A) - draw
Dundee Utd (H) - win
Hearts (H) - win
Aberdeen (H) - draw

8 points, and cup progression.

That would certainly pull us clear of any relegation issues but would likely keep us right in the mix of that top six cut off as that would put us on track for 40 points at the split.

I'd take that list of results if it was offered to me right now.