PDA

View Full Version : NHC David Johnston

Irish_Steve
23-11-2022, 07:03 PM
One for the older football supporters amongst us but David Johnston passed away today

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-deeply-saddened-passing-david-johnson?fbclid=IwAR0RPwVpn71fwaynYxxrV-7ne3ZYfPjfYYsF3Ocgk0AsxaGpiJ_ZJvMfzpo

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2022, 07:11 PM
One for the older football supporters amongst us but David Johnston passed away today

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-deeply-saddened-passing-david-johnson?fbclid=IwAR0RPwVpn71fwaynYxxrV-7ne3ZYfPjfYYsF3Ocgk0AsxaGpiJ_ZJvMfzpo

I have tremendous memories of David Johnson as a Red, he also played for Everton and was well liked by both sets of fans. Another one taken far too early. RIP David YNWA

Billy Whizz
23-11-2022, 07:21 PM
Remember him at Liverpool, can’t think of him at Everton

Irish_Steve
23-11-2022, 07:41 PM

He once scored a winner for Everton against Liverpool!

And I went to hospitality at Anfield a few years ago. I didn't know he was going to be the host. I was wearing my "Liverpool, European Champions 1981" t-shirt (in the style of the Ramones logo) and I have a picture of DJ pointing to his name on my t-shirt!

Scottie
23-11-2022, 08:25 PM
He lived his dream playing for the team he supported as a boy. RIP

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Just noticed the thread title is incorrect, David Johnson not Johnston.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 09:20 AM
Just noticed the thread title is incorrect, David Johnson not Johnston.
Don't know much about him SH .What position did he play ? And what type of player was he ?

Scouse Hibee
24-11-2022, 09:36 AM
Don't know much about him SH .What position did he play ? And what type of player was he ?

He played up front, struggled to get into the team at times and was often a substitute, he did get a good run of games though and managed to score a decent amount of goals. He was the first player to score for both Liverpool and Everton in the Merseyside Derby games as he played for both clubs. A very decent player.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 09:44 AM
He played up front, struggled to get into the team at times and was often a substitute, he did get a good run of games though and managed to score a decent amount of goals. He was the first player to score for both Liverpool and Everton in the Merseyside Derby games as he played for both clubs. A very decent player.
Thanks 👍

Irish_Steve
24-11-2022, 07:18 PM
Bloody autocorrect on the phone and I didn't notice it until SH pointed it out and don't know how to fix it

6 goals in 8 appearances for England too, that's some strike rate

tamig
24-11-2022, 08:09 PM
Great striker. Remember him at Ipswich when I was a young boy and scoring against us at Wembley when we were thrashed 5-1. Loved his tache. Great memories of him playing for Liverpool too. Sad news. RIP DJ.

Edit - sadly of the four England scorers that day in 1975, Gerry Francis is the only survivor.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 10:04 PM
That's something I was wondering about , have many played for both the reds and the blues ?

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2022, 12:12 AM
That's something I was wondering about , have many played for both the reds and the blues ?

Ones that come to mind are
Steve McMahon
Dave Hickson
Peter Beardsley
Gary Albert
David Burrows
Sander Westerveld
Abel Xavier
David Johnson
Don Hutchison
Nick Barmby
Kevin Sheedy

I have seen them all in the flesh apart from Dave Hickson.

heretoday
25-11-2022, 06:24 AM
One of the great moustaches in football.

Irish_Steve
25-11-2022, 10:25 AM
Ones that come to mind are
Steve McMahon
Dave Hickson
Peter Beardsley
Gary Albert
David Burrows
Sander Westerveld
Abel Xavier
David Johnson
Don Hutchison
Nick Barmby
Kevin Sheedy

Or Andy Lonergan who signed for both but played for neither (I think lol)

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2022, 11:18 AM
Or Andy Lonergan who signed for both but played for neither (I think lol)

Yeah forgot about him, another Rafa signing for Everton that infuriated the blues fans 😀