PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Kids Christmas Party

Carheenlea
17-11-2022, 04:42 PM
Notice from the E mail that the Hibs Kids Christmas party has made a return which is a positive.

However the fact it is on the afternoon of Thursday 22nd December is maybe going to be problematic for many, particularly out of towners as our kids are in School on the 22nd (Scottish Borders) and many parents will be working.

Previous events have usually been in a Sunday so not sure what the rationale is for this time round. Maybe a plot to keep the numbers down!

Billy Whizz
17-11-2022, 05:04 PM
Notice from the E mail that the Hibs Kids Christmas party has made a return which is a positive.

However the fact it is on the afternoon of Thursday 22nd December is maybe going to be problematic for many, particularly out of towners as our kids are in School on the 22nd (Scottish Borders) and many parents will be working.

Previous events have usually been in a Sunday so not sure what the rationale is for this time round. Maybe a plot to keep the numbers down!

Edinburgh schools break up on Tuesday 20th, so was maybe based on this date unfortunately for you!

Are the Borders schools a full day on the 22nd

Sir David Gray
17-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Edinburgh schools break up on Tuesday 20th, so was maybe based on this date unfortunately for you!

Falkirk schools also finish up on 22nd December, albeit at 1.30pm.

Not sure when the party starts so this may or may not help with getting there on time.

Carheenlea
17-11-2022, 05:56 PM

Probably not a full day, but would be tight, and that’s with living in the Northern borders area. Kind of thought Edinburgh must be off that day right enough.

Falkirk schools also finish up on 22nd December, albeit at 1.30pm.

Not sure when the party starts so this may or may not help with getting there on time.

12.30pm - 1.30pm (0-5) & 2pm - 3pm (6-12)

Jay
17-11-2022, 08:15 PM
West Lothian doesn't break up til the Friday as far as I can see. I'd take the wee man out of nursery but it could be his party that day. Not sure what to do.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2022, 09:00 PM
West Lothian doesn't break up til the Friday as far as I can see. I'd take the wee man out of nursery but it could be his party that day. Not sure what to do.

Looks like Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian Councils all finish on the Tuesday, all other nearby authorities either Thursday or Friday.

bingo70
17-11-2022, 09:07 PM
My 9 year old boy is a season ticket holder, is he a Hibs kid automatically as well now then or would I have had to buy him something extra on top?

Sir David Gray
17-11-2022, 10:12 PM
My 9 year old boy is a season ticket holder, is he a Hibs kid automatically as well now then or would I have had to buy him something extra on top?

I'm fairly certain Hibs Kids memberships are bought separately.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-11-2022, 11:04 PM

Used to be the case that was included with ST, now need to buy additionally.

Potty78
18-11-2022, 06:08 AM

Unfortunately peebles schools dont close early either bud🙈

Hibby70
18-11-2022, 06:57 AM
Used to be the case that was included with ST, now need to buy additionally.

I didn't know this - he still gets a birthday card and wallchart so I just assumed he was a Hibs kid also

Pretty Boy
18-11-2022, 07:10 AM
I didn't know this - he still gets a birthday card and wallchart so I just assumed he was a Hibs kid also

Same with me.

Daughter gets the birthday card and wall chart every year but I never signed her up for Hibs Kids. Didn't really see the point as she has had a ST since she was 3 so wouldn't use the tickets for the Hibs Kids games. I'd half assumed she was auto enrolled by having the ST but maybe not.

No big deal either way really.

hibsforeurope
18-11-2022, 08:36 AM
Same with me.

Daughter gets the birthday card and wall chart every year but I never signed her up for Hibs Kids. Didn't really see the point as she has had a ST since she was 3 so wouldn't use the tickets for the Hibs Kids games. I'd half assumed she was auto enrolled by having the ST but maybe not.

No big deal either way really.

It used to be the case that Child season ticket holders were automatically enrolled in the Hibs Kids and were entitled to the 4 free tickets per season, we used them to take her friend. since Hibs kids was 'launched' earlier in the season this has stopped and they need to pay to be a full Hibs kid member and be entitled to the perks.

Victor
18-11-2022, 08:55 AM
West Lothian schools strangely don’t break up until 23rd. Will have to give it a miss.