PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky

Hibbyradge
14-11-2022, 09:59 AM
Apologies if this has been posted before.

https://fb.watch/gNSgHWF-ra/

Donegal Hibby
14-11-2022, 11:06 AM
Apologies if this has been posted before.

https://fb.watch/gNSgHWF-ra/
Wonder did fans of the keepers team try to alert him to the danger ?Not the first time it's happened , who'd be a keeper hey?
https://youtu.be/vNOd5LPVUcw

Berwickhibby
14-11-2022, 11:11 AM
I am sure Cummings did something similar against Cowdenbeath a few years back

MWHIBBIES
14-11-2022, 11:19 AM
I am sure Cummings did something similar against Cowdenbeath a few years back

That was a backpass.

MrSmith
14-11-2022, 11:35 AM
Thought the referee had to wave an off field player back onto the pitch?

14-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Thought the referee had to wave an off field player back onto the pitch?

Is that not just after an injury? Players go off the pitch all the time, thrown-ins, goal-kicks, corners or just at tackles near the edge of the pitch.

MrSmith
14-11-2022, 12:35 PM
Is that not just after an injury? Players go off the pitch all the time, thrown-ins, goal-kicks, corners or just at tackles near the edge of the pitch.

Yeah, think you're right.

The_Exile
15-11-2022, 01:08 PM
Did Simon Brown not suffer something similar against Hearts?

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2022, 01:16 PM
Did Simon Brown not suffer something similar against Hearts?

Don't think so? But in a game at Tiny where SB let a nothing ball he left as he thought it was going wide creep into his net :rolleyes:, Derek Riordan intercepted a Craig Gordon kick out and rolled the ball into the net for a disallowed goal.

Maybe that's what you're thinking of? Ended 2-1, Gaz and Deano with Konté's famous assistance. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2022, 01:18 PM

They do, but I'm not sure you're allowed to stay off the pitch, hiding in the goalmouth? Surprised it was given.

The_Exile
15-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Don't think so? But in a game at Tiny where SB let a nothing ball he left as he thought it was going wide creep into his net :rolleyes:, Derek Riordan intercepted a Craig Gordon kick out and rolled the ball into the net for a disallowed goal.

Maybe that's what you're thinking of? Ended 2-1, Gaz and Deano with Konté's famous assistance. :wink:

I'm sure I have a vague memory of Simon Brown in front of the south stand getting mugged off by a hiding Jambo, maybe it didn't lead to a goal though. To be fair I have repressed most of my memories involving Simon brown deep deep into my subconcious :greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-11-2022, 01:24 PM

I'm sure a player isn't allowed to leave the pitch without the referees permission hence why you see water bottles getting thrown onto the pitch during a break in play rather than players just walking off and grabbing one.

Obviously there are times it is necessary such as to take a throw in but the award of the decision is tacit approval from the ref. If it's done to gain a sporting (unsporting?) advantage then it's a yellow card offence.

Pretty Boy
15-11-2022, 01:26 PM
I'm sure I have a vague memory of Simon Brown in front of the south stand getting mugged off by a hiding Jambo, maybe it didn't lead to a goal though. To be fair I have repressed most of my memories involving Simon brown deep deep into my subconcious :greengrin

It definitely happened but didn't lead to a goal, sure Lee Miller was the Hearts player.

2-2 draw at ER in the season we finished 3rd under Mowbray, couple of weeks after we beat them at Tynecastle in spite of a Brown howler.

WeeRussell
15-11-2022, 02:15 PM
If only they were as patient and cool as Deeks and wait until the keeper’s put the ball on the ground.

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2022, 02:41 PM
It definitely happened but didn't lead to a goal, sure Lee Miller was the Hearts player.

2-2 draw at ER in the season we finished 3rd under Mowbray, couple of weeks after we beat them at Tynecastle in spite of a Brown howler.

Spot on ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4471007.stm

Hibs had a lucky escape when keeper Brown put the ball down to kick it clear without noticing Miller behind him.

The Hearts striker nipped in to steal the ball and Brown appeared to impede the opponent who had embarrassed him.

However, referee Mike McCurry did not see any infringement and the ball was cleared.

I was there, but clearly have blanked that bit from my memory. :confused:

Irish_Steve
17-11-2022, 08:34 PM
I'm sure a player isn't allowed to leave the pitch without the referees permission hence why you see water bottles getting thrown onto the pitch during a break in play rather than players just walking off and grabbing one.

Obviously there are times it is necessary such as to take a throw in but the award of the decision is tacit approval from the ref. If it's done to gain a sporting (unsporting?) advantage then it's a yellow card offence.

Yip, you are correct. Imagine actually knowing the laws of the game!

Don’t even get me started on throw ins lol

cameronw-hfc
18-11-2022, 01:46 AM

Yep you're right. Permission is automatically assumed for set pieces that involve leaving the field of play, ie, free kicks at the touchline, throws and corners.

The only player this rule doesn't apply to is the keeper. Otherwise, you can't leave the field of play during the game without permission, although if he's in the net behind the line due to an accident/slid in trying to reach a shot it won't count. Would only be if he stood beside the goals, behind the line and waited.

Sure something happened with Ronaldo at RM where he was blatantly offside, off the field of play but came back on and scored. Can't remember if it counted or not but ever since it's been much more strictly followed.