PDA

View Full Version : NHC New Everton stadium

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2022, 08:09 PM
I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to new stadia and new stands at clubs. Remember when the East Stand was being re-built and we had a livecam of the work? Yeah, I used to watch it sometimes :greengrin

The new Everton stadium is starting to take shape now. Great location, right next to the river. Is it due to open for next season? Hopefully, its first season will be in the EPL, because they look so poor right now.

Footage from yesterday

https://youtu.be/n8uU5Yzn9nQ

Carheenlea
13-11-2022, 08:11 PM
First thoughts are - looks like it will be one of the coldest grounds in the country!

Sylar
13-11-2022, 08:19 PM
It'll be the nicest ground in the Championship :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2022, 08:20 PM
First thoughts are - looks like it will be one of the coldest grounds in the country!

Aye, that wind blowing in from the Irish Sea on a January night. Lovely :greengrin

Not nearly as cold as Arbroath or Aberdeen, though. That North Sea wind is perishing.

CmoantheHibs
13-11-2022, 08:25 PM
We went down for an Anfield tour recently and the bus drivers were talking about this. Apparently the Dock area is a nightmare for traffic. Not sure whether this is getting upgraded or not but I wish them luck. Great club and fans.

Moulin Yarns
13-11-2022, 08:31 PM
Is it near the Titanic Hotel? Had a new year getaway there and the England Rugby Union team were staying there along with Leicester City who were playing Everton.

Alfred E Newman
13-11-2022, 08:46 PM
Aye, that wind blowing in from the Irish Sea on a January night. Lovely :greengrin

Not nearly as cold as Arbroath or Aberdeen, though. That North Sea wind is perishing.

What about Falkirk? That wind blowing up the Forth past Grangemouth, across the wasteland and into the 3 wide open stands.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-11-2022, 08:48 PM
This guys weekly updates are excellent, he also does one for the construction of the new Anfield Road stand at Liverpool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YofDLKniG7M

Stadium will open for the start of the 24/25 season. Was down at the site last month when in the city and the progress even in the last 4 weeks is remarkable.
Always had a soft spot for the Toffees and I think the next season and a half is going to be tense to say the least as they can't afford to be relegated now. Stay up and I think they will flourish after the move.

PS sorted myself out with a great wee park and ride for any trips down for a match. Maghull at the end of the M58 and a quick trip on Merseyrail to Sandhills, 5 minute walk to the new ground. Piece of cake.

BoomtownHibees
13-11-2022, 08:49 PM
Is it near the Titanic Hotel? Had a new year getaway there and the England Rugby Union team were staying there along with Leicester City who were playing Everton.

Yeah not far from there at all

Hibby Bairn
13-11-2022, 08:52 PM
Goodison is a brilliant stadium. Located right in the middle of the community. Literally 20 yards opposite the main stand is a whole street of terraced brick houses. A bit like Selhurst Park.

It'll be sad to see it go.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2022, 08:53 PM
What about Falkirk? That wind blowing up the Forth past Grangemouth, across the wasteland and into the 3 wide open stands.

Yes, also brutal in winter.

Hibernia&Alba
13-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Goodison is a brilliant stadium. Located right in the middle of the community. Literally 20 yards opposite the main stand is a whole street of terraced brick houses. A bit like Selhurst Park.

Yes, old school stadium with lots of character. Stands right next to the pitch, which creates a great atmosphere. However, it's now past its best and it's too small for them, with the location making expansion impossible. They have to move.

monarch
13-11-2022, 09:42 PM
We went down for an Anfield tour recently and the bus drivers were talking about this. Apparently the Dock area is a nightmare for traffic. Not sure whether this is getting upgraded or not but I wish them luck. Great club and fans.
“Dock area is a nightmare for traffic”.
Sounds familiar.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2022, 10:02 PM
Yes, old school stadium with lots of character. Stands right next to the pitch, which creates a great atmosphere. However, it's now past its best and it's too small for them, with the location making expansion impossible. They have to move.
Between the Neville Southall thread and now the this one I'm beginning to think you are all trying to convert. Scouse Hibby :greengrin

Smartie
13-11-2022, 10:08 PM
“Dock area is a nightmare for traffic”.
Sounds familiar.

They should spend a few quid on a tram that goes there.

SaulGoodman
13-11-2022, 10:20 PM
I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to new stadia and new stands at clubs. Remember when the East Stand was being re-built and we had a livecam of the work? Yeah, I used to watch it sometimes :greengrin

The new Everton stadium is starting to take shape now. Great location, right next to the river. Is it due to open for next season? Hopefully, its first season will be in the EPL, because they look so poor right now.

Footage from yesterday

That was the whole reason I made my account on here, loved watching the photos of it getting built from people nearby.

Pagan Hibernia
13-11-2022, 10:46 PM
Wish them nothing but the best. great club and fans.

hear a lot about how Newcastle and their fans ‘deserve’ success.

no one deserves it more than evertonians.

Criswell
13-11-2022, 11:10 PM
There is a Guardian Newspaper article saying that Everton are having problems securing the necessary funding to complete construction of the stadium.

The Harp
13-11-2022, 11:38 PM
Will be sad to see them move away from Goodison. I was raised on stories of Dixie Dean and Jimmy Dunn by my dad. When he moved up here back in the 40s he adopted Hibs as his team. Fingers crossed their new stadium is the right move.

Haymaker
14-11-2022, 01:45 AM

As someone who grew up in Palace country, I cannot stand them as a team but you're right about their stadium. Proper ground in the community. Craven Cottage is similar.

JimBHibees
14-11-2022, 06:04 AM
As someone who grew up in Palace country, I cannot stand them as a team but you're right about their stadium. Proper ground in the community. Craven Cottage is similar.

Why do you dislike Palace so much?

Scorrie
14-11-2022, 06:24 AM
They should spend a few quid on a tram that goes there.

There is a merseyrail station about 10 mins walk away so pretty accessible that way. It will be sad to the end of Goodison, great old stadium. There was an article in the Guardian yesterday about the financing of the new stadium, not looking too clever by all accounts. Anyway Everton need to get it right on the pitch as they are in free fall. Lampard had to pull players away from arguing with fans on Saturday as it was getting ugly!

Renfrew_Hibby
14-11-2022, 07:33 AM
Would a naming rights deal plug the funding shortfall? I've not heard of any such deals as of yet.

Since452
14-11-2022, 08:13 AM

Footage from yesterday

Pfft. Bloody docksiders :wink: Really sad to see another iconic ground like Goodison bite the dust but they need to keep up with the bigger clubs. English fans seem more open to the idea of moving away from their spirtual homes than us. The thought of Hibs leaving Easter Road is really heartbreaking.

CockneyRebel
14-11-2022, 08:46 AM

What's the problem here, are you a closet Millwall fan?

Carheenlea
14-11-2022, 08:54 AM
Doesn’t look like a lot of room to accommodate a plaza like all the big clubs have.

ScottB
14-11-2022, 08:57 AM
Would a naming rights deal plug the funding shortfall? I've not heard of any such deals as of yet.

The Russian guy was meant to be funding a lot of it who now can’t I think!

Jones28
14-11-2022, 09:28 AM

He’s on Millwall.net touting Leigh Griffiths as their next signing.

Scorrie
14-11-2022, 09:38 AM
The Russian guy was meant to be funding a lot of it who now can’t I think!

Yep. He was sanctioned after the Ukraine invasion

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2022, 11:44 AM
Like the OP I'm a bit of a stadium geek and followed the building of Spurs new gaff pretty closely, what a place that is.

As an Everton sympathiser :greengrin I've been following this one on a weekly basis. I love the corner angles which lifts it well above the generic pish that blighted the stadium building craft in England during the last few decades .... I love the location as well. I've driven along that road many times, Its about a 15 minute drive from my, sadly estranged, brothers house.

If the money issues are true I hope they don't end up as England's answer to Valencia who have a near on finished stadium they should have moved into years ago, but don't have the money to complete.

If ... when .... Hibs ever finish Easter Road I hope they look at angled corners like Everton's, its a lot cheaper to build straight lines compared to curved ones so if it comes to it I'm sure we will :greengrin

Groathillgrump
14-11-2022, 12:06 PM
There is a Guardian Newspaper article saying that Everton are having problems securing the necessary funding to complete construction of the stadium.

Here's the link: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

Keith_M
14-11-2022, 12:14 PM

Seen the plans for this an it looks amazing.

Not sure about the location but if the Everton Fans like it, then that's all that matters.

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2022, 12:31 PM
Here's the link: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

Wonder what 'Mr Drone' thinks of that :greengrin

English fitba, especially the EPL, is a cesspool of debt, most of it bad and I suppose Everton are no different. If the sums required to return Bramley Moor dock to its original state are accurate Everton can't afford not to finish the stadium.

In the end recession or not one thing the world never lacks is nutty billionaires with more money than sense, if push comes to shove somebody will step in of that I have no doubt. Either that or Everton could make good on their 'people's club' mantra and go down the 50% plus 1 ownership model .... if they can fill a 52,000 stadium that's a hell of a lot of cake baking potential. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-11-2022, 03:10 PM
Between the Neville Southall thread and now the this one I'm beginning to think you are all trying to convert. Scouse Hibby :greengrin

Great new stadium, pish team, I’m happy 😀

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2022, 09:13 PM
Great new stadium, pish team, I’m happy 😀

Oi, Everton are only 14 or 15 players away from winning the champions league in 10 or 20 years time :greengrin

Haymaker
14-11-2022, 11:43 PM
Why do you dislike Palace so much?

Fan base almost as delusional as Hertz! Least most of the ones I know and grew up with.

Haymaker
14-11-2022, 11:44 PM

Oi, I'm West Ham United thank you very much. Although no Millwall fan I know care about Palace but that's another story for another day :agree:

Haymaker
14-11-2022, 11:45 PM
He’s on Millwall.net touting Leigh Griffiths as their next signing.

I mean they could do worse but we all know he's coming back to Hibs. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2022, 08:26 AM
Oi, Everton are only 14 or 15 players away from winning the champions league in 10 or 20 years time :greengrin

My blue mates still go on about how they would have won it in the 80’s if they hadn’t been banned because of Heysel. We’ll never know. 😀

NAE NOOKIE
15-11-2022, 12:18 PM
My blue mates still go on about how they would have won it in the 80’s if they hadn’t been banned because of Heysel. We’ll never know. 😀

Coulda, woulda, shoulda as they say :greengrin

Interesting to see Liverpool also expanding Anfield ... what will that be, 58 or 60,000 something like that ?

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Coulda, woulda, shoulda as they say :greengrin

Interesting to see Liverpool also expanding Anfield ... what will that be, 58 or 60,000 something like that ?

61k will be the new capacity. Anfield was very similar to Goodison in that it was surrounded by houses and totally locked in. Expansion was only possible over the years as LFC bought the surrounding houses and demolished whole streets. Many felt forced out and one particular area was held up for years as two sisters refused to sell or move despite the offers and pressure on them.

NAE NOOKIE
15-11-2022, 12:51 PM
61k will be the new capacity. Anfield was very similar to Goodison in that it was surrounded by houses and totally locked in. Expansion was only possible over the years as LFC bought the surrounding houses and demolished whole streets. Many felt forced out and one particular area was held up for years as two sisters refused to sell or move despite the offers and pressure on them.

Yeh I was aware of that ... not a particularly glorious moment in the glorious history of Liverpool.

Smartie
15-11-2022, 02:00 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/fakerfctrophies

A mate of mine has just introduced me to this page, which mocks the laughable stuff Rangers folk tend to come out with in the pitifully embarrassing Scottish press.

Probably a bit harsh on your Evertonian pals, who actually did have a very handy side during the 80s and were a big deal during my earliest years watching football, but any "would have" claims just make me think of this now.

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2023, 01:14 PM
It's coming along well

https://youtu.be/g0vTnuGFLb4

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2023, 02:25 PM
It's coming along well

https://youtu.be/g0vTnuGFLb4

Its going to be a great stadium, I like especially how they have concentrated really hard on retaining the Goodison atmosphere by keeping the roof level low and having the stands at a near enough Hibs east stand rake and really close to the pitch.

Someone mentioned on here how it was a shame the club is having to leave its spiritual home, but they really did have no choice and at least the new stadium is still in the city of Liverpool and what better location than right beside the river Mersey.

Watching these Mr Drone videos it kind of makes me jealous that we aren't in the position of week by week updates on Hibs filling in the stadium's corners and extending the roofs of the east, north and south stands ... the next most vital stage in the club's march into the future off the pitch in my humble opinion ... what a stadium Easter Road could be if that was done.

Don't get me wrong, it's more than decent as it is, but for about 10 million quid it could be far more than more than decent :greengrin

LewysGot2
19-02-2023, 02:38 PM
Could be the best ground in the 2nd tier 😉🤔

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Could be the best ground in the 2nd tier 😉🤔

Yeh, but unless its a hated rival EG Heart of Midlowthian, why would anybody wish financial damage on a club looking to massively improve facilities for it's fans and other spectators ... football needs more projects like this, not least Scottish football, apart from Hearts utterly short sighted botched job who else in Scotland apart from St Mirren and a minor upgrade at Ross County has built a stick in this country in the last 10 years or so? .... for years Dundee and Aberdeen have done nothing more than present drawings.

LewysGot2
19-02-2023, 03:10 PM
Yeh, but unless its a hated rival EG Heart of Midlowthian, why would anybody wish financial damage on a club looking to massively improve facilities for it's fans and other spectators ... football needs more projects like this, not least Scottish football, apart from Hearts utterly short sighted botched job who else in Scotland apart from St Mirren and a minor upgrade at Ross County has built a stick in this country in the last 10 years or so? .... for years Dundee and Aberdeen have done nothing more than present drawings.

Oops...it was a joke.

Back under my rock I go 😆

heretoday
19-02-2023, 03:20 PM
Goodison is a fearsome atmosphere right enough. Shame how the team has slipped from the top bracket. But a glance at the Championship and even below that reveals several sleeping giants.
They've made a good choice in Dyche though. Realistic.

NAE NOOKIE
19-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Oops...it was a joke.

Back under my rock I go 😆

Ach, ken it was mate ... apologies for my over reaction :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
19-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Goodison is a fearsome atmosphere right enough. Shame how the team has slipped from the top bracket. But a glance at the Championship and even below that reveals several sleeping giants.
They've made a good choice in Dyche though. Realistic.

Agreed, and I think Dyche will keep Everton up, but it will be a scrap to the finish. No team is yet adrift, meaning the three relegation spots are there to be filled. I hope they stay up; the EPL needs the likes of Everton.