PDA

View Full Version : Rotten to the core

Tully
12-11-2022, 04:26 PM
A club that is taking every fan for a mug ,3 managers in a year and we are no better or even worse than this time last year, why is this ?

Stubbsy90+2
12-11-2022, 04:28 PM
A club that is taking every fan for a mug ,3 managers in a year and we are no better or even worse than this time last year, why is this ?

Their names are Ian and Ron.

Left 3 managers in a row without the tools to do their jobs.

They are absolute ****ing clowns. I’d be delighted if they left Hibs tonight.

AL-Qaholik
12-11-2022, 04:31 PM

*and Ben Kinsell

King conrad
12-11-2022, 04:32 PM

Same.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2022, 04:32 PM

They have to take their share of the blame. Recruitment has been terrible.

CentreLine
12-11-2022, 04:40 PM

I’d argue we are worse. Three managers ago we were third and in Europe. I accept it fell from there but our place in Europe was always more likely with JR.
Can’t say he’s done much since mind you. Maloney was awful but had high hopes of LJ. Where do we go from here?

eastmainsmsh
12-11-2022, 04:40 PM
At Norwich game pre season Kensell was standing at entrance getting pics with Norwich fans like he was a Celebrity

Quicker the Gordon’s and Kensell go the better but not as easy as that unfortunately

broondog
12-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Ron Gordon can **** off, this is his fault, club is rotten from top to bottom, lots of players must take the blame as well, relegation battle looms unless we act quickly, will be joining any sort of protest to make sure they clear out

big gogs
12-11-2022, 05:23 PM
Ron Gordon can **** off, this is his fault, club is rotten from top to bottom, lots of players must take the blame as well, relegation battle looms unless we act quickly, will be joining any sort of protest to make sure they clear out
How man hibs fans with deep pockets are ready to take over,someone to buy the club ,the new manager ,back room staff,moving players on ( buying out contracts).bringing in new and hopefully better players,paying better salaries.the list goes on.I don’t have the answer.there are always rumours but rumours only.we have to wait till the first of January before we can sign players,the club can make its moves now. Sorry rant over.

Trinity Hibee
12-11-2022, 05:26 PM
Protests on Xmas eve to remove the board anyone?

HibeeHibernia
12-11-2022, 05:34 PM
except from celtic every team is gash this season like

graciehfc
13-11-2022, 12:34 AM
Who do we replace Ron with ? We need a large investment if we are to truly compete with Aberdeen and the C***s across the city!! It’s hard watching them sign better players or even proven players whilst we keep on taking chances on up coming players from st Mirren !! We don’t have the product in Scotland for investment due to lack of prize money why put £3m in to win £470k

Torto7
13-11-2022, 12:45 AM
You lot are mental. Gordon has put plenty of money in and unfortunately hasn't been rewarded for it.

Torto7
13-11-2022, 12:46 AM
Who do we replace Ron with ? We need a large investment if we are to truly compete with Aberdeen and the C***s across the city!! It’s hard watching them sign better players or even proven players whilst we keep on taking chances on up coming players from st Mirren !! We don’t have the product in Scotland for investment due to lack of prize money why put £3m in to win £470k

Did you miss Boyle coming back? Money isnt the issue here.

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 12:48 AM
You lot are mental. Gordon has put plenty of money in and unfortunately hasn't been rewarded for it.

How much money has he put into improving the staring squad with proven players/upgrades? The thing that matters most to any Hibs fan.

California-Hibs
13-11-2022, 03:49 AM
How much money has he put into improving the staring squad with proven players/upgrades? The thing that matters most to any Hibs fan.

He's followed the advice from the recruitment team and also the management team in keeping the players that THEY (not Gordon) deemed good enough. He raised the overall average squad wage bill by 40%. I think some people would be very surprised how much players are paid at Hibs. Not to mention bringing Boyle back.

Then we could obviously talk about all the other things, stadium, training ground etc upgrades that all ARE important.
However focusing on the squad its the people bellow Ron that are failing him. Folk who accuse Gordon on anything regarding lack of finances are way out of touch. Its just not been spent wisely in the f***ing slightest.

Heisenberg
13-11-2022, 03:52 AM
He's followed the advice from the recruitment team and also the management team in keeping the players that THEY (not Gordon) deemed good enough. He raised the overall average squad wage bill by 40%. I think some people would be very surprised how much players are paid at Hibs. Not to mention bringing Boyle back.

Then we could obviously talk about all the other things, stadium, training ground etc upgrades that all ARE important.
However focusing on the squad its the people bellow Ron that are failing him. Folk who accuse Gordon on anything regarding lack of finances are way out of touch. Its just not been spent wisely in the f***ing slightest.

But he is also responsible for putting the structure below him in place and has left the football side to two guys with absolutely no experience in the roles they’ve been given. He’s watching them burn his cash and doing nothing to stop it.

OldEast
13-11-2022, 06:21 AM

Like what?

Allant1981
13-11-2022, 06:24 AM

All those better players they have apparently signed yet have been as bad as us this season,hearts are 1 point in front despite being miles better last season

hibbydog
13-11-2022, 06:31 AM

You’ve answered your own question. The reason we’re in a mess is that we keep sacking managers.

It is high time we all calmed down and gave the manager and the new players some time to bed in. Otherwise we’re ripping it up and starting again.

15 managers in 20 years shows that getting it wrong isn’t a problem that’s been unique to the current regime

Viva_Palmeiras
13-11-2022, 07:07 AM
Ultimately it’s results in the park that fans value.
However if we’re banding about “rotten to the core” you’ll need to give that sound bite deeper analysis.

There are many aspects where that’s a bit off.

Development teams under Stuart Kean
U19s only Scottish team in Europe
Commercial activities and sponsorships revitalised
Refurb and improvements to the facilities for supporters

We do need to get it right in the park, maybe seems like we are fighting on a number of fronts - making inroads in some but the stick out unfortunately overshadows them.

whilst you need to make the best out of what you’ve got (something I think JR in recent times seemed to fare better than others) LJ has struggled but consistency has been disrupted by quite possibly the worst continued injury situation in recent memory - something that also plagued Maloney. Are we now forced to playing players that were ear-marked for the future and not ready now but no choice?

So where did it go wrong?

recruitment appears to have shifted focus (it should never!) from character and mentality of a player to things like stats, potential development and sell on value. This needs redressed.

Consistency of selection (impact 9f injuries and player capability / form)

player quality

Lack of killer instinct in the box

CentreLine
13-11-2022, 07:11 AM
But he is also responsible for putting the structure below him in place and has left the football side to two guys with absolutely no experience in the roles they’ve been given. He’s watching them burn his cash and doing nothing to stop it.

I think this is a longer term problem with its roots in the backing given to previous management. We currently have a huge squad, bloated by a number of players that are over paid but simply not up to the task. We need to see the excess baggage move on before we can see the quality of player we need trickling in.

Clearly players, that have been given lengthy and generous contracts, are not about to jump ship unless they find another club willing to reward them equally well. That is human nature, if not entirely what you might expect from committed athletes who wish to play rather than sit on a wage packet.

The club has come on in leaps and bounds commercially and this will ultimately reflect in squad quality. Unfortunately much of that money is currently being lost on wages for no return in some cases. Its a hard pill to swallow but I think we have to accept that we are not going to see the rewards of the progress RG and the club have made until the deadwood and underachievers are shifted from the playing squad.

Jones28
13-11-2022, 07:12 AM
We need a meaningful improvement in January or things will start to get ugly. I’ve no doubting Gordon seniors commitment to the club, but as for his son and chief exec? They can both get ****ed.

They wanted to change the structure of the club wholesale, and that’s fine, but 2 years to change a structure while neglecting what’s happening here and now is criminal.

JammyDoidger
13-11-2022, 07:17 AM
The problem is Ron is an arrogant barsteward, I believe he has backed us financially, the problem is he's trusting his money with the wrong people. Ian Gordon and Ben Kensell are Absolutely useless, how Ian Gordon has anything to do with recruitment is farcical, the guy doesn't know the first thing about football, it's honestly like some wee guy playing a real life version of championship manager. Get they two clowns out and recruit proper football folk and we might stand half a chance. It's the only way forward, just a shame he's too arrogant to actually do it.

coldingham hibs
13-11-2022, 07:20 AM
You’ve answered your own question. The reason we’re in a mess is that we keep sacking managers.

It is high time we all calmed down and gave the manager and the new players some time to bed in. Otherwise we’re ripping it up and starting again.

15 managers in 20 years shows that getting it wrong isn’t a problem that’s been unique to the current regime

Unfortunately at what point do you make the decision that the manager needs to go. Do we wait until we get relegated?. We have about 3 games until the window opens and if we don’t pick up any points in those games then there is no opportunity for a new manager to sign players. Can we really accept a run of 9 defeats in 10 games?.

KeithTheHibby
13-11-2022, 07:29 AM

I agree he does seem to have made significant investment in the club however it appears from the outside he’s got the wrong people doing top level jobs within the club.

hibbydog
13-11-2022, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately at what point do you make the decision that the manager needs to go. Do we wait until we get relegated?. We have about 3 games until the window opens and if we don’t pick up any points in those games then there is no opportunity for a new manager to sign players. Can we really accept a run of 9 defeats in 10 games?.

End of the season at least.

As bad as we are, everyone else is too and it’s unlikely we’ll get relegated. Well probs end up in the bottom 6. A season minimum is what a manager and new players need to be judged.

We’re in this mess because we haven’t given previous managers and players enough time.

I’m no big fan of Johnson, but nobody can say with any certainty that this guy or that guy will definitely do better. It just doesn’t work that way and the more
Managers we go through the less attractive a job it becomes.

So since there’s such overwhelming evidence that sacking the manager doesn’t improve anything, it’s time for a more patient approach.

itslegaltender
13-11-2022, 08:04 AM

I shudder to think how much we are paying Newell

mcfly
13-11-2022, 08:23 AM
If Ron is a top businessman he will be very well aware of how unhappy the fans are.

If he doesn’t 5 mins reading these pages he would know the depth of feeling.

The economy is bad just now and people are struggling to pay bills. Paying £30 each week to go and see hibs is a luxury. If things continue the way they are fans will just stop going.

He needs us to be happy and keep turning up so he has to change things. Starting with a proper recruitment dept.

hibsforeurope
13-11-2022, 08:40 AM

Genuinely interested to know how much he has put in, on the face of it the investment has been a mix of money generated by sponsorship, hsl (before the withdrawal gifting of funds) player sales and various loans?

CentreLine
13-11-2022, 08:42 AM
I agree he does seem to have made significant investment in the club however it appears from the outside he’s got the wrong people doing top level jobs within the club.

I’m no businessman but it does seem the the business structure of the club has been poor for years. RG seems to have addressed that by rationalising and recruiting so that the various departments are realising expectation and results. We have never really had that level of business acumen before and it seems to have gone up several levels even from the Rod Petrie era. I see that as part of the solution rather than the problem.

It seems to me our problem continues to be the product on the park and we seem to be in the cleft stuck of having given well paid, long term, contracts to too many journeyman players under too many mangers. There have to be a significant number of departures in the winter and next summer transfer windows to allow the club to get out of this rut.

heretoday
13-11-2022, 09:01 AM
Does LJ honestly think Nisbet would have made a big difference? Nisbet??

bigwheel
13-11-2022, 09:24 AM
Does LJ honestly think Nisbet would have made a big difference? Nisbet??

Of course he would. With decent service he’s one of the better forwards in the league . He’s a scottish international.

chrisski33
13-11-2022, 09:42 AM

I think folk know we cant compete against Celtic duringa whole season but we should be able to against the likes of Ross County, St.Johnstone killie etc but clearly we cant.

OstKurve Hibs
13-11-2022, 10:12 AM
I'd be happy if they ****ed off to, we are rubbish, the most money we have spent in years on the player budget and most of it's been wasted.

Crab apple
13-11-2022, 10:14 AM
Ultimately it’s results in the park that fans value.
However if we’re banding about “rotten to the core” you’ll need to give that sound bite deeper analysis.

There are many aspects where that’s a bit off.

Development teams under Stuart Kean
U19s only Scottish team in Europe
Commercial activities and sponsorships revitalised
Refurb and improvements to the facilities for supporters

We do need to get it right in the park, maybe seems like we are fighting on a number of fronts - making inroads in some but the stick out unfortunately overshadows them.

whilst you need to make the best out of what you’ve got (something I think JR in recent times seemed to fare better than others) LJ has struggled but consistency has been disrupted by quite possibly the worst continued injury situation in recent memory - something that also plagued Maloney. Are we now forced to playing players that were ear-marked for the future and not ready now but no choice?

So where did it go wrong?

recruitment appears to have shifted focus (it should never!) from character and mentality of a player to things like stats, potential development and sell on value. This needs redressed.

Consistency of selection (impact 9f injuries and player capability / form)

player quality

Lack of killer instinct in the box

Good balanced post. RG has done a lot right. Recruitment isn't one of them. I'd just add that LJ as the manager is also is culpable. Strange selections and some strange post match comments as well as apparently having the final say on recruitment decisions.

Mutu
13-11-2022, 10:28 AM
I shudder to think how much we are paying Newell

I shudder to think about how much we are paying McGeady, Henderson,JDH, Miller, McGennis to name a few i.e. players who don't actually contribute to the starting 11.

Say what you want about Newell but at least he applies himself to the point where every Hibs managers who has managed him puts him in the starting 11.

More than can be said for others at this club.

ancient hibee
13-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Like what?

It's the way they think we talk-mate-like- likesy -aye-when they pretend to support the club. Gives them away.

OldEast
13-11-2022, 11:02 AM
It's the way they think we talk-mate-like- likesy -aye-when they pretend to support the club. Gives them away.

👍🏻