PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon, yes or no

Diclonius
09-11-2022, 09:02 AM
Might as well. Have added a third option for the head of recruitment.

Chorley Hibee
09-11-2022, 09:04 AM
He's on his final chance for me.

If he doesn't change our recruitment structure post haste, and the people responsible for it, then he can leave ASAP.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 09:06 AM
Go.

His son should never have been appointed and he should never have been kept in the post this long after being appointed and ****ing it up so badly.

No real interest in him getting another go at it, although I realise that’s not how it works.

The best news we could hope for today is that him and his son are both ****ing off imo.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 09:09 AM
It's his ball and we are playing his game, he's going nowhere. More's the pity.

big gogs
09-11-2022, 09:11 AM
Go.

His son should never have been appointed and he should never have been kept in the post this long after being appointed and ****ing it up so badly.

No real interest in him getting another go at it, although I realise that’s not how it works.

The best news we could hope for today is that him and his son are both ****ing off imo.
Who are the hibs fans wanting to buy the club,name names.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 09:13 AM
Who are the hibs fans wanting to buy the club,name names.

As I said, I know that’s not how it works. Also, not sure why it has to be a Hibs fan.

In an ideal world though I’d never see or hear about Ron Gordon ever again.

HendoDelivered
09-11-2022, 09:15 AM
We need football people running the club

Unseen work
09-11-2022, 09:17 AM
Yes.

But recruitment needs to improve by signing more experienced, proven and quality players.

If that means sacking his son, moving him role, getting someone else in to help or go down a different route with who we sign then so be it.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 09:17 AM

That's the thing, it doesn't matter what we want; it's his club. Unless he wants to sell, and unless there is an interested buyer, we are powerless.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 09:18 AM

But like who? Is there such a person with the money and desire to buy the club?

The Modfather
09-11-2022, 09:24 AM
He could be one of the best owners we’ve had. He has taken up our commercial side another few levels, and his ambition and investment in the team is streets ahead of the previous regime.

However, whether it’s through ego or nepotism he is undoing all that good by squandering millions with such a poor structure to the club. If he is serious about achieving what he wants to he should have an open and constructive conversation with Petrie. Ron needs a Leanne Dempster to sort the mess he is creating. A step back and admit he isn’t experienced in setting up a functioning football set up and we could take 2 or 3 steps forward. Sadly I don’t see that happening.

overdrive
09-11-2022, 09:25 AM

No, probably not but a good owner appoints such people to run the club on his behalf. I’m not even meaning a CEO with a football background - let’s face it, other than being the actual CEO at another club, LD has a similar background as Kensell but she knew how to put a structure in place and ask the right questions of those people.

hibsforeurope
09-11-2022, 09:26 AM
Ron needs to go, i've thought that for a long time now. the good thing is that were self sufficient if he does get bored of his toy we'll not disappear like other teams who relied on hand outs have.

Diclonius
09-11-2022, 09:28 AM

They don't need to own it, they just need to be appointed. Plenty out there.

Since452
09-11-2022, 09:31 AM
I don't think it's just a simple case of him going. He's the owner of the football club, he's here for a good while. Who would even buy us?

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 09:33 AM

I don't think anyone knows, we could pluck a lot of names of rich Edinburgh people from thin air or rich Americans who have an interest in soccer but it's all guesswork.

I'm not sure that means there is no one interested now or no one who would be interested if it was explicitly stated we were up for sale though, there was little indication RG himself was out there until the deal was all but done. Same with someone like Ogren at Dundee Utd. I take a lot of what Ron has to say with a huge pinch of salt but he implied there had been interest even since he bought the club.

I still don't believe he has any nefarious intent around Hibs. I don't really understand why he is here or what his end game is despite the waffle he has stated as his motivation. I just think he hasn't got a clue how to run the most important part of a football club and has appointed people in key positions who are failing him and us. I've seen little sign he knows how to rectify it nor that he even really sees the problem, his robust defence of the recruitment the last few times we have heard from him suggests he thinks things are going fairly well.

If, and it's a big if, there is someone interested then I wouldn't be against a fresh start. We have tried to go down a route that is nowhere near as new or radical as Ron or some others believe and it's quite evidently not working.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 09:34 AM
No, probably not but a good owner appoints such people to run the club on his behalf. I’m not even meaning a CEO with a football background - let’s face it, other than being the actual CEO at another club, LD has a similar background as Kensell but she knew how to put a structure in place and ask the right questions of those people.

They don't need to own it, they just need to be appointed. Plenty out there.

Fair point. Even if RG doesn't sell up, there are important positions he could fill with good people. His son in charge of recruitment is outrageous, for example. I hope there are knowledgeable people advising him that he needs to change approach.

Gloucester Hibs
09-11-2022, 09:35 AM
Went for the stay/recruitment option. Requires Ron to swallow his pride, and admit to and correct his own mistakes though. Unlikely I'd say.

Jones28
09-11-2022, 09:38 AM
Farmer always said the club was for sale. Why did the people who are desperate to buy Hibs not come forward then?

Scotty Leither
09-11-2022, 09:39 AM
Went for the stay/recruitment option. Requires Ron to swallow his pride, and admit to and correct his own mistakes though. Unlikely I'd say.

Maybe his laddie could make it easy for him and pack the recruitment gig in himself?

That’s real “leadership” right there.

McGruber
09-11-2022, 09:42 AM
Yes from me. Grown revenues, invests and the business side on the face of it doing well. Enthusiastic and innovative. Not afraid to try things and take risks.

There has been the fundamental failings in the structure of the managememt/coaching set up and the recruitment. Rather than want rid of Gordon for it though would like changes in this area to be worked through and improved.

As for having Ron as owner overall, yeah I'm happy with him. Initial worries over his intentions have gone, genuine guy as far as I can see.

We've invested plenty under his stewardship, we just need to invest it better. Rather that though than a dive into the unknown.

For all the Gordon outs.. is there any viable alternatives they know of?

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Farmer always said the club was for sale. Why did the people who are desperate to buy Hibs not come forward then?

One of them owns the club now. The other bought Sale Sharks.

hibsforeurope
09-11-2022, 09:58 AM
One of them owns the club now. The other bought Sale Sharks.

The other also virtually killed Stockport county to get their stadium, he did manage to bring success to Sale before he got bored.

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2022, 10:30 AM
On the commercial side and at least attempting to improve the match day experience Ron Gordon is a good owner.

The problem is the core business of the club is winning football matches and that aspect of it is rapidly becoming a car crash. The irony is that he only had to look a few miles to the west of Easter Road to see an example of how a scatter gun approach to player recruitment doesn't work, for all he was Cathro was a well respected coach, but he couldn't get a tune out of a pile of unknown wannabes either.

He could still be a great owner, but he needs to sit down and reevaluate the football side of the club from the perspective of the first team at least. The question is just how big an ego does he have, is this a man who is prepared to admit he's getting it wrong .... of course the question then becomes, just how many of the pile of players we have on decent contracts would we actually be able to ship out in order to start again with a new recruitment policy run by folk who actually know what they are doing.

What he can't do is nothing .... the last time we did that, even though it was staring us in the face that we had to, it was a hell of a road back. If we lose at Killie this weekend and the next 4 games go against us, which at this point looks inevitable, we will be real relegation candidates. You don't have to be a football genius at that point to know something has to be done and bloody quick.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 10:36 AM
The other also virtually killed Stockport county to get their stadium, he did manage to bring success to Sale before he got bored.

I'm not saying all, or indeed any, of the options are desirable but there are interested parties out there. STF acknowledged as much over the years as has RG now.

Antifa Hibs
09-11-2022, 10:37 AM
On the commercial side and at least attempting to improve the match day experience Ron Gordon is a good owner.

The problem is the core business of the club is winning football matches and that aspect of it is rapidly becoming a car crash. The irony is that he only had to look a few miles to the west of Easter Road to see an example of how a scatter gun approach to player recruitment doesn't work, for all he was Cathro was a well respected coach, but he couldn't get a tune out of a pile of unknown wannabes either.

He could still be a great owner, but he needs to sit down and reevaluate the football side of the club from the perspective of the first team at least. The question is just how big an ego does he have, is this a man who is prepared to admit he's getting it wrong .... of course the question then becomes, just how many of the pile of players we have on decent contracts would we actually be able to ship out in order to start again with a new recruitment policy run by folk who actually know what they are doing.

What he can't do is nothing .... the last time we did that, even though it was staring us in the face that we had to, it was a hell of a road back. If we lose at Killie this weekend and the next 4 games go against us, which at this point looks inevitable, we will be real relegation candidates. You don't have to be a football genius at that point to know something has to be done and bloody quick.

No chance Ron admits he's wrong. He's doubled down before and will do again. What was it he told the podcasters "we have added some real quality in the transfer window", "I feel this team can take us 3rd".

Most worrying part is this is were we are and it's with a 40% increase on spending/wages!

Hibs90
09-11-2022, 11:20 AM
Gordon x 2
Kensell the yes man
Johnson
This structure needs to go or we will never improve

Cropley10
09-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Gordon x 2
Kensell the yes man
Johnson
This structure needs to go or we will never improve

Spot on.

NC1875
09-11-2022, 11:36 AM
It’s clear Ron Gordon can talk the talk. He’s also brought in Kensell and Johnson who, like himself, like the sound of there own voices.

Seriously pissed off at yet another season of crap football. Another season of the same crap players playing week in week out.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 11:38 AM
It’s clear Ron Gordon can talk the talk. He’s also brought in Kensell and Johnson who, like himself, like the sound of there own voices.

Seriously pissed off at yet another season of crap football. Another season of the same crap players playing week in week out.

And you can guarantee we won’t have recovered from this cycle in time to take advantage of the European spots now on offer.

Knowing Hibs we’ll probably finish 3rd the season we go back to having 3rd place going through playoffs to get to the group and we’ll get pumped.

Gorgiehibee
09-11-2022, 11:49 AM
I don't think it's just a simple case of him going. He's the owner of the football club, he's here for a good while. Who would even buy us?

Can we not create a fan ownership scheme?

Not the failed,poorly run attempt HSL made last time but one more like FOH. If we could get 1 or even a few people with a bit of cash to stump up the initial costs as a loan and use the new scheme to pay them off. When they are paid off ownership could be returned to the fan group and then elected officials decide on a chairman who would then run the club. Everyone from the elected officials to club officials would then be held accountable. We've been rotten from the inside for a long time and we're seeing guys like cadden regress and imo he was one of our better players since he joined the club and was pretty reliable.

DH1875
09-11-2022, 11:53 AM
As soon as i win those Euro millions, he is out the door.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2022, 12:21 PM
I want him gone, there's been real progress made off the pitch but on it we are going nowhere under his ownership.

He has recruited the wrong people for very important roles within the club and it's showing.

We can keep sacking managers until the cows come home but unless he either goes or realises that fundamental changes are required at the club we'll continue to have these discussions every few months.

I favour that the latter option isn't going to happen so for me I want him out.

HFC93
09-11-2022, 12:34 PM
Might as well. Have added a third option for the head of recruitment.

Do we have a choice? He owns the club so can do whatever the hell he wants.

matty_f
09-11-2022, 12:48 PM
I'll buck the trend and say I am comfortable with what Ron Gordon is trying to do and, generally, how he's trying to do it.

I think he's made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes but I also don't think we're a million miles away from it coming together.

Personally, I'd like to see a director of football type role at the club to oversee football operations and have the same aggressive ambition as the corporate side of the club has had, and delivered against. That said, I actually don't think it's ambition that's Ron's problem. It's execution.

Any new owner is going to require very deep pockets to deliver what we want. I'm not sure that person/those people are out there just now who are ready to write off millions of pounds to get there.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2022, 12:53 PM

He also said he would only sell it to someone like himself, a safe pair of hands.

Hows that going?

SaulGoodman
09-11-2022, 12:58 PM
I think his hearts in the right place. And no one can say he isn’t putting money in the club.

He needs to do himself a favour and appoint an experienced DOF that knows Scottish football. Take the pressure away from himself.

snedzuk
09-11-2022, 01:11 PM

Overvalued?

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 01:23 PM
He also said he would only sell it to someone like himself, a safe pair of hands.

Hows that going?

:agree:

A safe pair of hands doesn’t appoint their wine salesman son with no background in football as the head of recruitment.

Ron has been an absolute bomb scare on the football side of things.

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2022, 01:33 PM
No-one will give a toss about RG if he gets someone in that can do recruitment properly. A new manager might help, but we all know the real problem.

I still like him though, and agree with those who believe he wants the best for us.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 01:34 PM
No-one will give a toss about RG if he gets someone in that can do recruitment properly. A new manager might help, but we all know the real problem.

I still like him though, and agree with those who believe he wants the best for us.

I don’t doubt he wants the best for us. It’s in his best interests for that. I just think he’s incompetent when it comes to football.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2022, 01:51 PM

I agree with all that, although i just dont see Ron as someone who will admit he's got it wrong, you only need to go back and see how he thought our recruitment had gone well?

If he keeps spending money the way he has, and crowds evaperate as i think they will under this regime, he will either realise it's not working and have to change the way we do things, or sell us to recoup his money, which could be sore, as he might then get as much back as he can before that happens.

And we all know how owners do that.

He's here!
09-11-2022, 01:57 PM
On the rare occasions I hear him talk I think he comes across well and gives the impression he has a clear vision for the club. However, the on-field situation has become so dispiriting that I have come to the conclusion he is misguided in whatever his strategy is. We seem to be saddled with a bloated squad of mostly unremarkable players and it reminds me of Hearts under Romanov.

I fear that the longer we persist on our current course we run a very real risk of relegation this season, which would be absurd for our club resourced as well as we are in comparison to most others in the league.

For those reasons I'd be happy to see Ron offload the club to a willing buyer.

He's here!
09-11-2022, 02:03 PM
I agree with all that, although i just dont see Ron as someone who will admit he's got it wrong, you only need to go back and see how he thought our recruitment had gone well?

If he keeps spending money the way he has, and crowds evaperate as i think they will under this regime, he will either realise it's not working and have to change the way we do things, or sell us to recoup his money, which could be sore, as he might then get as much back as he can before that happens.

And we all know how owners do that.

I think that's a key point. Fans' patience is now stretched to breaking point by the regular dreadful results and performances and the decision by many to renew season tickets was like a last throw of the dice in the hope that LJ would inspire something significantly better than the garbage we endured since the latter days of Jack Ross's tenure. Now that things have unravelled under LJ there's a sense that fans simply can't stomach any more of this. Defeat at Killie on Saturday followed a grim festive period (especially if we get turned over badly in the derby) will see paltry crowds at ER for the rest of the season.

where'stheslope
09-11-2022, 02:11 PM
Sorry to say , but he needs to go!
We need a hands on owner not one who lives overseas most of the time!
The biggest problem is finding that someone?
It's not just money to buy the club, it's the daily interest in the proper running of our club!

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 02:13 PM
I think that's a key point. Fans' patience is now stretched to breaking point by the regular dreadful results and performances and the decision by many to renew season tickets was like a last throw of the dice in the hope that LJ would inspire something significantly better than the garbage we endured since the latter days of Jack Ross's tenure. Now that things have unravelled under LJ there's a sense that fans simply can't stomach any more of this. Defeat at Killie on Saturday followed a grim festive period (especially if we get turned over badly in the derby) will see paltry crowds at ER for the rest of the season.

I wonder what the actual crowd was last night.

I know it doesn't really matter financially because the money from non attenders is already banked but it's perhaps indicative of what's to come. The attendance was announced as 13000 and something, it felt and looked like less than 10K to me. There were swathes of empty seats around me that are usually occupied, the East had lots of empty seats and the wings of the West were also sparsely populated. I know it was a Tuesday night in November so that explains some of it but I don't think it's all that hard to make excuses to avoid watching this Hibs team again.

We know from experience we bottom out about 8/9K in the tough times. We were close to that last night.

#2 Double Tap
09-11-2022, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSMQx9ZT8mY

eastmainsmsh
09-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Simply go the food in the kiosks is guff

He's here!
09-11-2022, 02:48 PM
I wonder what the actual crowd was last night.

I know it doesn't really matter financially because the money from non attenders is already banked but it's perhaps indicative of what's to come. The attendance was announced as 13000 and something, it felt and looked like less than 10K to me. There were swathes of empty seats around me that are usually occupied, the East had lots of empty seats and the wings of the West were also sparsely populated. I know it was a Tuesday night in November so that explains some of it but I don't think it's all that hard to make excuses to avoid watching this Hibs team again.

We know from experience we bottom out about 8/9K in the tough times. We were close to that last night.

If you think 8/9k is poor, take a look at these crowds from back in the early 80s, which I remember being part of:

1982–83 Hibernian F.C. season - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982%E2%80%9383_Hibernian_F.C._season)

Sure, that was back in the days of crumbling old stadiums with uncovered terracing and it was a grim time in our history after a severe decline since the days of the Tornadoes, but I recall there being a sense of us being so far away from being a successful side that only diehards bothered to attend. Much more of what we've been enduring over the last year and 8/9k will be a decent crowd.

Jones28
09-11-2022, 03:02 PM

Hows that going?

Well yeah fair point, but he did only sell it with the best interests of the club at heart.

That’s why I still think Gordon is a decent owner. Farmer trusts him.

Scotty Leither
09-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Said it before, but I’m pished off with my club being used as an experiment of bringing in players from all round the world who are absolutely pony and so far out their depth it’s unreal.

20k against St Johnstone, to watch a firework display, and a guy playing the fiddle in the middle of the park, and then onto the game to watch a team fold at the first sign of adversity.

Onto that **** show last night (where there was barely 10k in the ground) strip away the razzmatazz, and it’s the same dismal stuff., which will culminate in either our relegation or a bottom 6 finish and the removal of yet another manager on the Gordon’s watch.

Where is the accountability at the top of our club? Was either Gordon at the game last night?

Lago
09-11-2022, 03:06 PM
I want him gone, there's been real progress made off the pitch but on it we are going nowhere under his ownership.

He has recruited the wrong people for very important roles within the club and it's showing.

We can keep sacking managers until the cows come home but unless he either goes or realises that fundamental changes are required at the club we'll continue to have these discussions every few months.

I favour that the latter option isn't going to happen so for me I want him out.
And which white Knight do you antecipate coming to Hibs rescue?

Ringothedog
09-11-2022, 03:11 PM

Like Farmer and Petrie?

green day
09-11-2022, 03:13 PM

Do we need rescue?

As far as I can see, financially we are doing well......with the notable exception of money being spent unwisely on the player side.

That, of course will ultimately impact the overall numbers, which makes the current shambles all the more baffling.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2022, 03:19 PM
Well yeah fair point, but he did only sell it with the best interests of the club at heart.

I wonder if thats still the case?

I'm still clinging to that too, as it's been said before, we are spending money, more than ever.

Yet a blind man can see this money is being *****ed on absolute dross, he's a successful business man, surely to god he cant keep seeping money away like he has, and will bring in quality ready for the team, not punts on pish like he has.

green day
09-11-2022, 03:21 PM
I wonder if thats still the case?

I'm still clinging to that too, as it's been said before, we are spending money, more than ever.

Yet a blind man can see this money is being *****ed on absolute dross, he's a successful business man, surely to god he cant keep seeping money away like he has, and will bring in quality ready for the team, not punts on pish like he has.

That would require him to accept that his sons role is a failure.

I don't think RG ego will allow that.

Shambles, really.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2022, 03:25 PM
That would require him to accept that his sons role is a failure.

I don't think RG ego will allow that.

Shambles, really.

My hope is he's a successful business man and his ego means nothing compared to pounds down the drain.

#2 Double Tap
09-11-2022, 03:57 PM

farmer was gone with dementia when he sold us, no way he was in charge of finance then,just watch the press confeences of when ron took over. musta been his son or lawyers. If farmer was with it there is no way he woulda sold hibs on the back of the cup win, he wined and dined all his professional clients at easter road, owning a football club in edinburgh is a big deal.

Jones28
09-11-2022, 04:07 PM
farmer was gone with dementia when he sold us, no way he was in charge of finance then,just watch the press confeences of when ron took over. musta been his son or lawyers. If farmer was with it there is no way he woulda sold hibs on the back of the cup win, he wined and dined all his professional clients at easter road, owning a football club in edinburgh is a big deal.

What a ****ing horrendous way to talk about someone who saved the clubs very existence.

bigwheel
09-11-2022, 04:11 PM

Horrible language and tone to this message….And completely untrue..

Hibs were available for sale for years before the transaction actually happened..and well in advance of STF’s health issues becoming a notable factor .

Sir David Gray
09-11-2022, 04:13 PM

I appreciate it's not quite as simple as sacking Ron Gordon and getting someone else to buy him out but all I was being asked to comment on was whether or not I wanted to him to stay or go and I chose the latter option.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 04:22 PM

Who did you, or anyone, anticipate buying the club prior to July 2019? A US based Peruvian with no obvious links to Scottish football?

No one really knows who is interested in Hibs but both the incumbent and former owner have made it clear there has been approaches during their tenures so people evidently are.

When a manager reaches the 'who would we replace him with' point then you know there is no real defence of performance left so it becomes a better the devil situation. It's far more concerning if we are approaching that point with an owner.

#2 Double Tap
09-11-2022, 04:22 PM
well, apologies for the tone.

nothing but respect for farmer.

bigwheel
09-11-2022, 04:28 PM
well, apologies for the tone.

nothing but respect for farmer.

Fair dos [emoji106]

Hibs90
09-11-2022, 04:45 PM

How on earth is someone supposed to come up with that answer? We are football fans.

It's the same style of response to those who say they want a manager sacked. 'Who do you want to replace him that's better?'

It's not up to us. We are football fans with an opinion, not scouts or recruitment specialists.

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 05:43 PM
Did RG not admit to the media he could easily sell and had already had offers ? Sure he told the media and the Hibs podcast that.

If so, who are they ? Absolutely appreciate business confidentiality but if there’s been offers then there are people out there interested. Be keen to know who and the valuation RG puts on our club.

I’ve made no secret I want him out as soon as possible. Devil’s in the detail though regarding the recent interest.

WhileTheChief..
09-11-2022, 05:52 PM
^^Nah, he made a tongue in cheek remark to the jambo journo from the EEN who tried to make a story out of it.

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 05:53 PM
^^Nah, he made a tongue in cheek remark to the jambo journo from the EEN who tried to make a story out of it.

I thought he made reference to it in the fans podcast too.

Jim44
09-11-2022, 08:32 PM

I assume you voted for him to go and haven’t just accepted he’s staying.

Lago
09-11-2022, 09:26 PM
How on earth is someone supposed to come up with that answer? We are football fans.

It's the same style of response to those who say they want a manager sacked. 'Who do you want to replace him that's better?'

It's not up to us. We are football fans with an opinion, not scouts or recruitment specialists.
People are agitating for a change of manager and owner, you really think that should just happen without an appreciation of what the outcome would be, I'll bet as soon as names were made known fans would suddenly decide it was something to do with them.

Iain G
09-11-2022, 09:43 PM
Yes! What's the question?

Hibees1973
09-11-2022, 09:43 PM
He could be one of the best owners we’ve had. He has taken up our commercial side another few levels, and his ambition and investment in the team is streets ahead of the previous regime.

However, whether it’s through ego or nepotism he is undoing all that good by squandering millions with such a poor structure to the club. If he is serious about achieving what he wants to he should have an open and constructive conversation with Petrie. Ron needs a Leanne Dempster to sort the mess he is creating. A step back and admit he isn’t experienced in setting up a functioning football set up and we could take 2 or 3 steps forward. Sadly I don’t see that happening.

Exactly.

I've listened to all his interviews and if he still feels recruitment has been good then things will never improve on the field.

He needs to remove his son and Kensall. Appoint a proven football Chief Executive who then appoints a Team Manager with knowledge of Scottish Football and get an experienced recruitment guy who he can work with.

If Ron did this it would show he has the clubs' interest at heart and admit he has got some things seriously wrong. If this still fails then I would say he has done all he can.

To keep the same structure in place would prove it's just been a pet project and ego trip for him.