PDA

View Full Version : Question Poll - Johnson Out, Yes or No?

Hermit Crab
09-11-2022, 12:47 AM
I'd empty him personally. Progressively getting worse under him. We will end up bottom 6 fodder fighting relegation if he stays in charge.

pollution
09-11-2022, 02:12 AM
I'd empty him personally. Progressively getting worse under him. We will end up bottom 6 fodder fighting relegation if he stays in charge.

As fed up as I am too, it's just a bit too soon for that .
Give it until after the WC break and then we'll see.

HH81
09-11-2022, 03:42 AM
We can't keep sacking managers every six months.

Need to give one time to build a team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2022, 04:39 AM
Whilst I'm yet to be convinced I'm not sure that he's the main problem.

Is It On....
09-11-2022, 05:22 AM
No. He is the point man for something much more serious and that's our very poor recruitment strategy.

Steve20
09-11-2022, 05:45 AM
I think he’s clueless.

However what’s the point in sacking him. The Football side of the club is an absolute joke and the clowns running it won’t make a good appointment. They’ve not got it in them.

Recruitment from picking a bad manager to signing awful players will continue under this lot.

Slim Shady
09-11-2022, 05:46 AM
As fed up as I am too, it's just a bit too soon for that .
Give it until after the WC break and then we'll see.

Have you seen the fixtures for first 5 games after the WC. That’s zero points right there.

Unseen work
09-11-2022, 05:48 AM
100% don’t sack him, we can’t keep sacking managers and starting over every couple of months. He needs time to really get his sort of squad in place and recruit quality.

But it really has to improve and quick.

I think our poor form had sort of went unnoticed as it felt like we were still playing well and should have beat Dundee United, St Johnstone and drew with Aberdeen.

But in the last 6 games that’s now

1 win
5 defeats
3/18 points

Against Dundee United, Celtic, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Ross County. You’re expecting 9-12 points absolute minimum from that

After the World Cup we have rangers, Livi, Celtic and hearts.

If he doesn’t win against killie this weekend and then doesn’t take 6 points out of those 4 games I think the writing will be on the wall unfortunately.

Of the games we’ve not won this season

6 wins - 4 of which the opposition have got a red card
2 draws - 1 of which the opposition has got a red card

This doesn’t include the league cup shambles either.

The stars are actually pretty shocking.

I think the board will be very hesitant ok sacking him however, he seems a very honest guy and if he is sacked and the Gordon’s etc haven’t gave him a fair deal whether with signings or whatever he will say it.

Heisenberg
09-11-2022, 05:48 AM
Last night was the first time I was completely lost with some of his decision making from the team selection and formation to his subs. Terrible throughout. Sacking him doesn’t address the deeper problems we have. We’ll end up in the exact same place in another few months when the next manager suffers the same fate, such a shambles and Ron won’t admit he’s got it wrong with the setup in the football department. I’ve got the fear that it’ll take another relegation and round of protests outside ER for those in charge to wake up.

Cropley10
09-11-2022, 06:22 AM
Last night was the first time I was completely lost with some of his decision making from the team selection and formation to his subs. Terrible throughout. Sacking him doesn’t address the deeper problems we have. We’ll end up in the exact same place in another few months when the next manager suffers the same fate, such a shambles and Ron won’t admit he’s got it wrong with the setup in the football department. I’ve got the fear that it’ll take another relegation and round of protests outside ER for those in charge to wake up.

Wrong Gordon is compounding his mistakes. Sacked Ross, which was his first mistake in hindsight, should never have hired Maloney, his second mistake, leads him to have to sack him and appoint his third manager, eventually. We’ve been bought by someone who knows zero about our game and he’s hired people who know the same. The manager isn’t the primary issue here

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2022, 06:23 AM
Have you seen the fixtures for first 5 games after the WC. That’s zero points right there.

I think he'll get till then. I'd be surprised if they push the button even if we lose to Killie. The hope will be that the players coming back from injury will appear after the break but if there is no improvement then it's inevitable he will go

Pretty Boy
09-11-2022, 06:24 AM
Last night was as bad as I have seen us in a long time. There was a period about 25 minutes in when I was pining for Maloney ball. It was that bad.

Johnson needs to take a share of the responsibility, despite all the other problem there is no real excuse for 5 losses in 6 and even less for a performance as uninspiring as last night. Then I looked at the options we had on the bench and I'm not surprised he's toiling with what he has to work with. There were a few odd decisions but we're Fish, Campbell, Tavares or McGregor really game changers? There was almost zero in the way of quality options.

He needs to sort what he can, a bit personal responsibility would be a start but he's not the biggest problem here.

Since452
09-11-2022, 06:27 AM
We cannot sack yet another manager. Will change nothing.

marinello59
09-11-2022, 06:29 AM
If we lose another manager the man who appointed him has to go as well. Where is Ben Kensell these days?

Sir David Gray
09-11-2022, 06:30 AM
For no other reason other than I don't think it will change anything, I will vote no.

Our problems run far deeper than Lee Johnson and until they're sorted out we'll continue to have threads like this about successive managers.

Trinity Hibee
09-11-2022, 06:33 AM
This really does have the same feel as Hearts about 5-6 years ago when they were switching managers every few months with Levein overseeing it all. Loads of players but none who can actually make an impact and improve the first 11

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 06:40 AM
For no other reason other than I don't think it will change anything, I will vote no.

Our problems run far deeper than Lee Johnson and until they're sorted out we'll continue to have threads like this about successive managers.

Exactly where I am.

Sacking him will fix nothing if it doesn’t come with sackings elsewhere.

HibsGW
09-11-2022, 08:08 AM
100% don’t sack him, we can’t keep sacking managers and starting over every couple of months. He needs time to really get his sort of squad in place and recruit quality.

But it really has to improve and quick.

I think our poor form had sort of went unnoticed as it felt like we were still playing well and should have beat Dundee United, St Johnstone and drew with Aberdeen.

But in the last 6 games that’s now

1 win
5 defeats
3/18 points

Against Dundee United, Celtic, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen and Ross County. You’re expecting 9-12 points absolute minimum from that

After the World Cup we have rangers, Livi, Celtic and hearts.

If he doesn’t win against killie this weekend and then doesn’t take 6 points out of those 4 games I think the writing will be on the wall unfortunately.

Of the games we’ve not won this season

6 wins - 4 of which the opposition have got a red card
2 draws - 1 of which the opposition has got a red card

This doesn’t include the league cup shambles either.

The stars are actually pretty shocking.

I think the board will be very hesitant ok sacking him however, he seems a very honest guy and if he is sacked and the Gordon’s etc haven’t gave him a fair deal whether with signings or whatever he will say it.

Agree 100%, not sacking time yet but if we don’t get a result against Killie, the 4 games after we need 6 points and i can’t see any way that happens. Lose a few of those after even drawing with Killie and it’s the sort of run you can’t be surprised at getting sacked for. That could leave us at about 1 or 2 wins in 11 and hardly any draws either.

CL0762
09-11-2022, 08:11 AM
This inept clueless board of directors would just make an arse of appointing someone else so it’s a categoric no from me.

No doubt it’ll happen halfway through January, we’ll be stuck with SDG again for 9 weeks before appointing someone from the Charleston Battery reserves.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 08:11 AM
I'd at least give him the Killie game. Lose that and it will be hard for him to survive.

Since452
09-11-2022, 08:14 AM
Lee is going to need two or three windows. He inherited a car crash. It will take more than one summer window and a few months in charge to build the team he wants.

MB62
09-11-2022, 08:15 AM
No. He is the point man for something much more serious and that's our very poor recruitment strategy.

:agree: 90%

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 08:18 AM
Lee is going to need two or three windows. He inherited a car crash. It will take more than one summer window and a few months in charge to build the team he wants.

Very true, he walked into a mess, but we can't keep losing games like this. At some point all managers pay the price, and Johnson now needs a couple of wins. The Killie game is huge.

Key West
09-11-2022, 08:19 AM
No,it is ridiculous to keep sacking managers,since the SPL started overall we've consistently on average finished 6th behind Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell not counting Celtic and Rangers, St Johnstone and Dundee United finishing just behind us, we are serial under achievers, Johnson needs time and a chance to improve us.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 08:21 AM

Lee (or whoever the next unlucky person is to get the gig) is going to be massively let down in every window he’s here until things change elsewhere within the club.

JR was given a car crash of a window and got binned after a horror run. Maloney inherited a car crash, was given a car crash of a window, binned. LJ has inherited a car crash, given a car crash of a window. If he gets kept on it’ll be more of the same because the rest of the club is absolutely inept.

Heisenberg
09-11-2022, 08:22 AM
Lee (or whoever the next unlucky person is to get the gig) is going to be massively let down in every window he’s here until things change elsewhere within the club.

JR was given a car crash of a window and got binned after a horror run. Maloney inherited a car crash, was given a car crash of a window, binned. LJ has inherited a car crash, given a car crash of a window. If he gets kept on it’ll be more of the same because the rest of the club is absolutely inept.

It’s the fact that the owner has consistently come out and defended the recruitment too. He thinks its fantastic. Mind boggling.

Carheenlea
09-11-2022, 08:25 AM
Ron could pull the plug on Lee Johnson’s tenure this morning, but if he appointed another manager while keeping the same football department structure in place the chances are we’d be looking for yet another manager ahead of the ‘23/‘24 season.

As bad as that was last night, it’s not necessarily all on Johnson’s shoulders.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 08:27 AM
It’s the fact that the owner has consistently come out and defended the recruitment too. He thinks its fantastic. Mind boggling.

And blatantly lied about the role of his wine salesman son.

Real Emerald
09-11-2022, 08:31 AM
I’m very worried about his tactics but he’s trying to work with players who have already failed and a bunch of inexperienced young project players. Any new manager would need to have control of recruitment or we’re no further forward. Lee is a problem but the lack of quality in the squad is the main problem.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 08:35 AM
I’m very worried about his tactics but he’s trying to work with players who have already failed and a bunch of inexperienced young project players. Any new manager would need to have control of recruitment or we’re no further forward. Lee is a problem but the lack of quality in the squad is the main problem.

I totally agree, but it's always managers who pay the price because we can't sack twenty players and the board won't sack itself. That's just the nature of football. If Ron Gordon refuses to remove his son from post, what can we do? It's always the manager who carries the can for everyone.

Northernhibee
09-11-2022, 08:37 AM
I don’t think the “carry on happy clapping” comment is helpful. We’re all a bit concerned.

I think LJ is a good manager but is at a point where the depth of the squad despite the size of it is so poor, “he might as well” stick on Tavares or someone to see if they change the game. He was making quite public comments about needing more players including a midfielder around the time of the St Mirren game and who we have signed are largely terrible.

McGruber
09-11-2022, 08:39 AM
No not yet. Has to learn from mistakes and adapt. If he has the Maloney stubborness it will end the same way.
Also, when the transfer window comes round he needs to put the foot down and not have us sign youth/project/potential players. Anyone coming in needs to be first 11 ready to go type player

OldEast
09-11-2022, 08:42 AM
Lee is certainly starting to look like he's running out of ideas on how to get this squad playing with passion and a willingness to dig deep and tough out wins. Therein lies the problem though, the squad. The Gordon's recruitment policy isn't working and isn't going to give us a team capable of European qualification where the money is. I have never believed RG loves Hibs but sees us as business like any other to make profit. Off the field he's doing well but it makes the recruitment policy all the more confusing. That's what has to change, not binning another manager. I wonder though will the Gordon's ever have the sense to change? Do we have anyone within the club with the balls to make them listen? Kensell? Nah he's too comfortable.

Bostonhibby
09-11-2022, 08:45 AM
No. He is the point man for something much more serious and that's our very poor recruitment strategy.[emoji106]
This.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
09-11-2022, 08:46 AM
I totally agree, but it's always managers who pay the price because we can't sack twenty players and the board won't sack itself. That's just the nature of football. If Ron Gordon refuses to remove his son from post, what can we do? It's always the manager who carries the can for everyone.

You are right but replacing the manager when the rest of the system isn’t working is a waste of time. It’s like putting a new driver in a broken down car, he might be a better driver but the car is still broken.

lucky
09-11-2022, 08:50 AM
It's far too early to even consider changing the manager again. Let's give him at least until the end of the season if not longer. Constantly changing managers very rarely gets results.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2022, 08:55 AM
"Carry on regardless and keep happy clapping?"

I wonder which way the author of this poll voted. :rolleyes:

Diclonius
09-11-2022, 09:01 AM
The manager isn't the problem.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2022, 09:01 AM
It's far too early to even consider changing the manager again. Let's give him at least until the end of the season if not longer. Constantly changing managers very rarely gets results.

It will depend upon results, mate. He will only get until the end of the season if results justify it, like any other manager. We are now five defeats from six games. Hypothetically, if we end up nine defeats from ten, do we still say he has the season? Let's hope it doesn't come to that; see what happens at Killie and go from there.

Allyg69
09-11-2022, 09:06 AM
No not yet. Has to learn from mistakes and adapt. If he has the Maloney stubborness it will end the same way.
Also, when the transfer window comes round he needs to put the foot down and not have us sign youth/project/potential players. Anyone coming in needs to be first 11 ready to go type player

Agree totally, we need a bit more experience in the team that is clear for all to see.

skyehibee
09-11-2022, 09:07 AM
I think he’s been ok up until last night. It was so glaringly obvious to any person who understands football that 3 CB’s and a holding midfielder at home to Ross County is not the way to set up. It was so obvious it was wrong 10 mins into the game yet he still never changed it. That’s when I started worrying, he’s almost being too stubborn.

Hermit Crab
09-11-2022, 09:27 AM

Yet you said on another thread he'll be gone today? :confused:

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 09:29 AM

I don’t think he’ll be gone today but I think he’ll be gone by the January window.

And I say that as someone who also doesn’t think the manager is the problem (or at least nowhere near the biggest one).

I didn’t think the last manager was the biggest problem. He still got sacked though whilst others kept their jobs. Fully expect the same will happen this time. And the next time. And the next time.

Diclonius
09-11-2022, 09:29 AM

That isn't an indicator of my views on him, just what I expect the owner will do.

I'm Spartacus
09-11-2022, 09:33 AM
We can't keep sacking managers every six months.

Need to give one time to build a team.

Would you give Lee a decent pot of money to *****?

Squealing pig
09-11-2022, 09:34 AM
Let him build his own team

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 09:35 AM

He’s not the one *****ing it.

Jones28
09-11-2022, 09:35 AM
The revolving door of managers doesn’t help anyone. Johnson needs to be given the January window to make some key signings. They need to be proven and experienced players ready to come in and make an impact.

If Gordon gets rid of Johnson before them then frankly he can **** off as well, along with his son and CEO, all of whom have been very very quiet recently.

jeffers
09-11-2022, 09:36 AM
I’m repeating myself here, recruitment has undoubtedly been a disaster but I refuse to believe we don’t have 11 better players than Ross County available to us. Last night was a disaster, selection poor and baffling subs. That lies at the foot of our manager. Get him out now.

The Harp Awakes
09-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Always was a mediocre appointment, by a rank rotten recruitment team.

Sacking him would achieve nothing though. They would just recruit another non-entity.

The entire structure of the club on the football side needs overhauled. If Ron Gordon can't see that he needs to sell up to someone who knows what they are doing.

Hermit Crab
09-11-2022, 09:38 AM
The revolving door of managers doesn’t help anyone. Johnson needs to be given the January window to make some key signings. They need to be proven and experienced players ready to come in and make an impact.

If Gordon gets rid of Johnson before them then frankly he can **** off as well, along with his son and CEO, all of whom have been very very quiet recently.

I'm not even convinced he can do that. Failed to address our issues in the last window. Not confident he will sort them in the January window given there is usually a much lesser quality of player on offer.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 09:39 AM
I’m repeating myself here, recruitment has undoubtedly been a disaster but I refuse to believe we don’t have 11 better players than Ross County available to us. Last night was a disaster, selection poor and baffling subs. That lies at the foot of our manager. Get him out now.

I’m not so sure we do. Henderson went to Ross County the other season and couldn’t get a game. He started last night for us. I’m not sure Cadden, Kenneh, Hanlon, Mitchell, Melkersen, Youan, Tavares etc are better than what RC have. They might not be any worse but I think it’s a stretch to say they’re better.

I genuinely think we’ve built a bottom 6 standard squad.

Jones28
09-11-2022, 09:40 AM
I'm not even convinced he can do that. Failed to address our issues in the last window. Not confident he will sort them in the January window given there is usually a much lesser quality of player on offer.

Hasn’t he already hinted he wasn’t overly happy with the summer recruitment?

jeffers
09-11-2022, 09:44 AM
I’m not so sure we do. Henderson went to Ross County the other season and couldn’t get a game. He started last night for us. I’m not sure Cadden, Kenneh, Hanlon, Mitchell, Melkersen, Youan, Tavares etc are better than what RC have. They might not be any worse but I think it’s a stretch to say they’re better.

I genuinely think we’ve built a bottom 6 standard squad.

I don’t disagree re Henderson. I said months ago he’s been a poor signing, but I still don’t believe we can’t put out a better 11 than Ross County. Our options beyond that 11 I agree are pish.

Michael
09-11-2022, 09:46 AM
I think we have a pretty poor squad overall. We have maybe 2/3 good players who we are reliant on to win points.

Not at all convinced by CEO and recruitment. Any manager at the moment will fail.

Diclonius
09-11-2022, 09:52 AM
I don’t think the “carry on happy clapping” comment is helpful. We’re all a bit concerned.

Reminds me of this.

https://news3lv.com/resources/media/9b6902e5-651e-4339-a5b8-5dcf90d9967a-large16x9_JobPerformance.JPG

Donegal Hibby
09-11-2022, 09:53 AM
Voted give him to end of season only cause third choice form of words shows a very biased opinion it's a bit like a rigged voting system

overdrive
09-11-2022, 10:18 AM
I think Johnson isn’t great but I don’t trust the club will appoint anyone better. In fact, there’s a good chance they would appoint someone a lot worse. No matter who is charge, not a lot will change until we have people with a football background running football operations rather than wine salesmen and fake tanned marketing/events manager

Northernhibee
09-11-2022, 11:19 AM
Over Gordon and Kensell, yes

OsiersHibs
09-11-2022, 11:34 AM
Johnson out! Clear out the coaching staff and 2016 defensive players too.

Time to bring Lennon back.

Hermit Crab
09-11-2022, 11:42 AM

I don't think bringing Lennon back is the answer but I agree with the rest, WTF does David Gray teach them in training because the defending is absolutely horrendous. Both goals last night are laughable, nobody closed the man down to stop the cross for the first, it was like all the players were just expecting the ref to blow for half time The 2nd goal Hanlon and Porteous were made to look like something from the Sunday league. Amateur hour.

JammyDoidger
09-11-2022, 01:59 PM
What's the point in sacking him, let's be serious the next manager that comes in will have to be a yes man, there's no way someone like Lennon works under this current board. Gordon needs to be the owner and the owner only, get his son out, kensell out and get proper fitba people in the right areas. Been said for years now it goes way beyond the manager. I feel sorry for him tbh.

He's here!
09-11-2022, 02:09 PM

Good post. Folk can claim his hands are tied when it comes to recruitment but last night was a disgrace and LJ should, as you say, have at least been able to put out a team capable of winning. The wheels have come off and I don't have any confidence he can rebuild any sort of confidence in such a spineless team.

He's here!
09-11-2022, 02:11 PM
What's the point in sacking him, let's be serious the next manager that comes in will have to be a yes man, there's no way someone like Lennon works under this current board. Gordon needs to be the owner and the owner only, get his son out, kensell out and get proper fitba people in the right areas. Been said for years now it goes way beyond the manager. I feel sorry for him tbh.

You could also argue what's the point of him being here if he can't do the job the way he wants to? If the manager isn't allowed to manage then maybe we shouldn't bother with one. Ron can pick the team like Vlad used to do at Hearts.

where'stheslope
09-11-2022, 02:21 PM
I voted to keep him till the end of the season!
It's not that I think he's doing a great job, but we are changing the manager what seems on a par with Tory Prime Ministers?
When you look at our team, you would expect them to be well up in the top 6.
Instead, we get a bad result, and we go in free fall?
After watching last night's disaster, you could see players getting loads of chances, yet unable to score with them?
That is not the managers fault, the players on the park are not doing their jobs???

Brightside
09-11-2022, 02:47 PM
A poll with “keep happy clapping” is childish af.

Hermit Crab
09-11-2022, 02:57 PM
A poll with “keep happy clapping” is childish af.

Take it you voted for that option?

HH81
09-11-2022, 03:03 PM
HC do you seriously want a new manager every few months?

Like if he went tonight, who would you bring in?

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2022, 03:04 PM
I'm getting, no sorry i've got to the stage where i dont really care now who manages us.

It's taken me some time to realise the manager is not the real problem here, although LJ didnt help last night with his selection and formation.

We had a decent manager in Ross, but looking back, he was disgruntled with what he was allowed to sign, Maloney signed pish, but was it the pish he wanted?

Now LJ has brought in more crap, in short we are bloated with mediocre pish from 1st team to developement team.

It's as if those in charge cant equate a good first team drives the whole club forward?

green day
09-11-2022, 03:19 PM
I'm sick of saying it, but we need a DoF or whatever to oversee the football operation.

The manager is just a part of the wider strategy.

The costly experiment with these young players from all over is failing. If Rons son is as deeply involved as suspected, then this farce will continue with sacking after sacking.

Ron and his son have no idea how to run the football side.

Donegal Hibby
09-11-2022, 03:24 PM
"Carry on regardless and keep happy clapping?"

I wonder which way the author of this poll voted. :rolleyes:
Never seen that one before ,is Sid James and Barbara Windsor in it ?

hhibs
09-11-2022, 03:59 PM

Up until a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you but what was the occasional left field choice of players and formation has turned into s regular series of WTF, with team selection,formation and substitions becoming increasingly bizarre.

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2022, 04:01 PM

Any need for the happy clapper comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
09-11-2022, 04:20 PM
Difficult one this, I voted to give him longer, also a bit disillusioned with whats going on with my football team right now. I would like to see Neil Lennon back at Easter Rd, i know it is never gonna happen, as he would not work with the Gordon's the way things are, but what about Lenny as Director of Football.
Save our Hibs
:flag::flag::flag:

Carheenlea
09-11-2022, 04:58 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/sxxVY4Tx/3952-A3-FC-2-FF5-421-A-AB65-DE2-D64284-BEE.jpg (https://postimg.cc/bSXc8kcf)

Cat Stanton
09-11-2022, 05:11 PM

The perennial Lennon chat is tiresome. Last night I sat and shook my head in disbelief at the clueless shambles of the performance. But almost four years ago I remember being at Fir Park shaking my head in disbelief at the clueless shambles of a performance under Lennon. It was equally bad. Think it was his last one.

In any case, and as others have pointed out, the problems run deeper than the manager unfortunately.

wookie70
09-11-2022, 05:31 PM
The perennial Lennon chat is tiresome. Last night I sat and shook my head in disbelief at the clueless shambles of the performance. But almost four years ago I remember being at Fir Park shaking my head in disbelief at the clueless shambles of a performance under Lennon. It was equally bad. Think it was his last one.

In any case, and as others have pointed out, the problems run deeper than the manager unfortunately. When LJ was making the random subs and our shape fell to bits I said to my mate that it reminded me of Lennon. I hope the manager looks at the subs and formation and learns from it. The players were terrible but the formation and odd subs didn't help.

BSEJVT
09-11-2022, 05:43 PM
Whenever I see managers making wholesale changes game in game out and subs that don’t make any sense I think their time is up as they are just rolling the dice hoping to land lucky.

That and persisting with formations that they can’t make work.

I wonder if we have ceased having a winning football team as our prime objective and are now just trying to showcase players and hope some work and land a big fee.

It’s as if Bushiri must play, which I have no problem with at present, but he can’t drop Porteous because there may be a fee for him and can’t drop Hanlon through player pressure.

Cat Stanton
09-11-2022, 06:24 PM
When LJ was making the random subs and our shape fell to bits I said to my mate that it reminded me of Lennon. I hope the manager looks at the subs and formation and learns from it. The players were terrible but the formation and odd subs didn't help.

Yes. Fully agree.

Crab apple
09-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Yes. Fully agree.

Yep. It's all gone tits up after the Celtic game and we look devoid of confidence. And LJ can't be totally absolved from the poor recruitment. He's said that he has the final say in who comes in. I think he gets the next transfer window and if things don't improve he'll be fired.

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 06:47 PM
I’d give the job to Marvin Bartley if given the choice - think it would be a superb appointment for numerous reasons.

bigwheel
09-11-2022, 06:53 PM
I’d give the job to Marvin Bartley if given the choice - think it would be a superb appointment for numerous reasons.

His complete lack of any Head Coach role experience doesn’t worry you ?

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 06:56 PM
His complete lack of any Head Coach role experience doesn’t worry you ?

Not in the slightest

bigwheel
09-11-2022, 07:01 PM
Not in the slightest

The last thing we need is an inexperienced Head Coach imo. We need better players .

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 07:04 PM
The last thing we need is an inexperienced Head Coach imo. We need better players .

Need a better manager too 👍 he’s hopeless 👍

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-11-2022, 07:07 PM
What a complete over reaction. Every team from 3rd to 10th could be saying the same thing. No one is pulling away from the pack for the race to 3rd and we are not as bad as people are making us out to be.

Chill.net

HendoDelivered
09-11-2022, 07:08 PM
🤣🤣 sacking him will solve nothing. Already been proved canning previous managers. Its upstairs where the main problems lie. We will just keep going round in circles.

bigwheel
09-11-2022, 07:10 PM
Need a better manager too [emoji106] he’s hopeless [emoji106]

Way too early to conclude that imo. …we’ve got to
Stop Sacking managers every four months. Give him support , a decent upgrade of players in Jan. And see how the season goes

SON OF PADDY
09-11-2022, 07:12 PM
Hell no,that's the last thing we need!

Jim44
09-11-2022, 07:15 PM
There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that, if LJ is given till the end of the season, we will be fighting ( and probably struggling ) for survival in the bottom three places. I would give him the Kilmarnock game but, if we lose that, I would get rid of him.

Jim44
09-11-2022, 07:21 PM
🤣🤣 sacking him will solve nothing. Already been proved canning previous managers. Its upstairs where the main problems lie. We will just keep going round in circles.

I don’t disagree about that and it starts with RG, but turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.

hibbydog
09-11-2022, 07:33 PM
The fact that there’s even a poll on this is ridiculous.

Hibs have had 15 managers in 20 years. Each one has been as bad as the last with only a few exceptions.

So why oh why do we think that changing the manager yet again will improve the team?

For lots of reasons, Johnson and his players are all dumplings. But they need time. Proper time. Like a season at least.

Chopping and changing just keeps us in a constant transition and gets us nowhere.

A resounding no from me

CL0762
09-11-2022, 07:36 PM
There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that, if LJ is given till the end of the season, we will be fighting ( and probably struggling ) for survival in the bottom three places. I would give him the Kilmarnock game but, if we lose that, I would get rid of him.

But what happens if we beat Kilmarnock? He just gets a stay of execution until the next loss?

This change the manager chat is tiresome and boring as hell.

Ripping it up every 6 months will get us absolutely nowhere.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2022, 07:41 PM
What a complete over reaction. Every team from 3rd to 10th could be saying the same thing. No one is pulling away from the pack for the race to 3rd and we are not as bad as people are making us out to be.

Chill.net

They're all crap but, I'm not bothered about the others.

Jim44
09-11-2022, 07:46 PM
But what happens if we beat Kilmarnock?
This change the manager chat is tiresome and boring as hell.

Ripping it up every 6 months will get us absolutely nowhere.

No, not necessarily, as a win against Killie could see us move in the right direction and give us some hope for better things.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2022, 01:02 AM

Yes he gets the Killy game, although they got skelped tonight I still think we will toil to take anything from there on Saturday, especially on that pitch We are then away to Rangers, home to Livingston, home to Celtic, away to Hearts then away to Motherwell to complete the festive period. Out of the next 6 games I can only see us picking up 3 points - 6 at an absolute push. We could well have a very tricky Scottish cup tie as well depending on the draw, an early exit from coupled with league form would surely be curtains.

The Modfather
10-11-2022, 08:36 AM

Chill.net

How much more money do we need to spend over and above the record amounts we are spending to not just be one of a pack of 7 or 8.

sean
10-11-2022, 09:01 AM
Yes he gets the Killy game, although they got skelped tonight I still think we will toil to take anything from there on Saturday, especially on that pitch We are then away to Rangers, home to Livingston, home to Celtic, away to Hearts then away to Motherwell to complete the festive period. Out of the next 6 games I can only see us picking up 3 points - 6 at an absolute push. We could well have a very tricky Scottish cup tie as well depending on the draw, an early exit from coupled with league form would surely be curtains.

I am trying to remain positive (was ****ing furious on wednesday night)

It might just be this season is a mixed bag and what we need to do is give the guy time, We dont try the time thing very much as a club but maybe we should really give someone time to build something.

Positives this season as we have seen that the team can play well in matches, we can be attacking and we can actually win games, its more exciting than last year as a starter.

In saying that the defeats to Celtic, saints, Aberdeen and Wednesday cannot keep happening if we have aspirations of finishing in a European spot.

For meet back to a 4-3-3. Campbell keenah and newell in the middle of the park (it was working) Melks, Youan and the big man up top. Stop trying to accommodate certain players all the time and we could get back to where we were about a month ago.

There is nothing between 5/6 clubs going for those Euro spots, we are all inconsistent.

All to play for.

Logie
10-11-2022, 10:17 AM
I agree with the posts about recruitment, it’s not been good enough. I really hate being negative towards the team and manager but for me he has to go so yes. Playing essentially a back 5 and a DM against Ross county at home is embarrassing! He chops and changes the team I’m not sure he knows his best 11. Back to the county game 3 centre half’s against 1 striker at home for me is so bad and even worse that he never changed it. Taking the big guy off to then lump the ball to the strikers rest of the game was really bad. Would love to know what he does with the team in training. Feel he’s out his depth.

dp00
10-11-2022, 11:23 AM
We surely can’t just keep sacking managers , a lot of the stuff he says about mentality etc is true but that can’t be changed overnight

Look at arsenal now after putting there faith in arteta and letting him change the club

The Modfather
10-11-2022, 11:31 AM
We surely can’t just keep sacking managers , a lot of the stuff he says about mentality etc is true but that can’t be changed overnight

Look at arsenal now after putting there faith in arteta and letting him change the club

They also got rid of key players who were better on paper and reputation than reality. Ozil, Aubameyang etc and put faith in building the core of a team around a group of promising youngsters.

We might be a season or two too early from being able to blood our U19 team. However on Tuesday we started 8 of the team that were here last season and brought another two on. We also ended up with Stevenson as our sole attacking threat on the left for 50 minutes. I’d give Johnson time but more because I don’t think changing manager will change anything rather than an actual endorsement of Johnson himself.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2022, 11:35 AM
We cant sack him, not another one FFS. Although he does not help himself with formations and team selections, i'd bet my last penny he does not have a clue what his best team is because whoever he plays in whatever system, as a team they are not very good.

And chopping and changing them to find a decent blend is all that he has, but as someone who's watched us for the best part of 55 years, i can see with my own eyes we are in trouble with this lot of players.

I'd say he needs another couple of windows, but then i ask myself whats the point if we continue to spread the money so thinly on punts that might turn out good.

Hibees1973
10-11-2022, 11:37 AM
I'd give him until the end of the season, but if any point before then we are 10th or below, then bin him.

Ron should then appoint David Gray as interim manager and put the club up for sale.

Once sold the new owner can then appoint new management/recruitment staff.

Unseen work
10-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Think it’s important to look at the rest of the teams in the league.

All have went through good and bad spells, look at St Johnstone for example.

Our good run will come again, we need to pick it up soon though and find a way to get points when stuff goes against us.

Stubbsy90+2
10-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Think it’s important to look at the rest of the teams in the league.

All have went through good and bad spells, look at St Johnstone for example.

Our good run will come again, we need to pick it up soon though and find a way to get points when stuff goes against us.

Comparing ourselves to St Johnstone is a sorry state of affairs.

keep the faith
10-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Not able to vote but absolutely no to sacking johnson. Give him time, but give him more suitable players.

evy
10-11-2022, 12:35 PM
The insinuation in the options that anyone who doesn't want to punt him now is a happy clapper :faf::faf::faf:

Stubbsy90+2
10-11-2022, 12:44 PM
The insinuation in the options that anyone who doesn't want to punt him now is a happy clapper :faf::faf::faf:

:agree:

I couldn’t be further from a happy clapper but I don’t want him punted, what’s the point? We’ll still have the same clowns running things behind the scenes making the managers job impossible.

WhileTheChief..
10-11-2022, 12:46 PM
The Haopy Clapper comment is fair.

There’s been several posters on here ridiculing and dismissing others as deluded for weeks.

They have been wrong all along and are only now beginning to see what everyone could. If they feel a bit daft now, so be it!!

One positive to come from such a dismal run of results is that it generally brings the fan base together.

We just those in charge of the club to see it and we’ll be fine.

Hibernian Verse
10-11-2022, 12:49 PM

There’s been several posters on here ridiculing and dismissing others as deluded for weeks.

They have been wrong all along and are only now beginning to see what everyone could. If they feel a bit daft now, so be it!!

One positive to come from such a dismal run of results is that it generally brings the fan base together.

I think the issue people have is that there is a 0-60 in 2 seconds approach from some posters. It's either Armageddon or everything's fine with no sliding scale.

Hibs4185
10-11-2022, 12:56 PM
I rate LJ and would like him to stay but if Lennon was available I’d maybe consider it.

Controversial I know but I’m Newell’s biggest critic but I could see Lennon perhaps getting a tune out of the underperforming players.

Maybe end in tears again but it would def give me a lift

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 12:58 PM
I'm sure many will have said this already but I honestly don't think it is his players we've signed in the summer (McGeady a-side) I reckon he has been brung in as another yes man for gordon jnr to play football manager with our club. He said he had been watching tavares from a far and was a great admirer yet he has hardly started him all season lol i think we all know bojang isn't his signing maybe kenneh could be but as for the rest i think they are all signings by Ian Gordon, if our owner refuses to clear up his position at our club then we must demand his removal until then nothing will change.

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 01:00 PM
I rate LJ and would like him to stay but if Lennon was available I’d maybe consider it.

Controversial I know but I’m Newell’s biggest critic but I could see Lennon perhaps getting a tune out of the underperforming players.

Maybe end in tears again but it would def give me a lift

Lennon would be the gordons and kensalls worst nightmare mate they only employ yes men haha

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 01:04 PM
I'd give him until the end of the season, but if any point before then we are 10th or below, then bin him.

Ron should then appoint David Gray as interim manager and put the club up for sale.

Once sold the new owner can then appoint new management/recruitment staff.

:top marks

OldEast
10-11-2022, 01:24 PM
I'm sure many will have said this already but I honestly don't think it is his players we've signed in the summer (McGeady a-side) I reckon he has been brung in as another yes man for gordon jnr to play football manager with our club. He said he had been watching tavares from a far and was a great admirer yet he has hardly started him all season lol i think we all know bojang isn't his signing maybe kenneh could be but as for the rest i think they are all signings by Ian Gordon, if our owner refuses to clear up his position at our club then we must demand his removal until then nothing will change.

I am sure that at his interview he was told he had to buy into and support the recruitment policy and business model of the Gordon's. Listen to almost every interview where he big's up the support and how important they are. There's nothing wrong with that per se but we know all RG wants is to maximise income. Ben Kensell seems to be another Gordon yes man and no help to Lee as far as recruitment goes. Unless the recruitment policy changes it's a managerial merry go round.

MrSmith
10-11-2022, 01:49 PM
It's a continuous cycle of meh!

matty_f
10-11-2022, 02:05 PM

You can't say anyone is wrong all along at this stage in the season. Folk will see a body of evidence building and form their opinion as it builds. There's a load of football to be played between now and the end of the season, definitively saying folk are wrong at this stage is nonsense. On either side of the conversation.

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 02:21 PM
I am sure that at his interview he was told he had to buy into and support the recruitment policy and business model of the Gordon's. Listen to almost every interview where he big's up the support and how important they are. There's nothing wrong with that per se but we know all RG wants is to maximise income. Ben Kensell seems to be another Gordon yes man and no help to Lee as far as recruitment goes. Unless the recruitment policy changes it's a managerial merry go round.

aye it certainly looks the case we are being run by amateurs who don't have a clue about football, the funny thing is he says that the manager has to buy into their recruitment policy but then when he is asked straight out to tell us how it works he can't do it I Don't trust the man one bit the sooner he is gone the better. People calling for new managers need to wake up and smell the coffee it doesn't matter who is in the dugout haha we have the same issues we had when lennon was here and that was 5 years ago!!

H18 SFR
10-11-2022, 02:22 PM
Over two thirds of the respondents want LJ to remain in place and rightly so.

Souter96Mac
10-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Saturday is crucial. Johnson says 'we need more grit', in reality, we just need to win. A defeat, and I think that would more than merit him getting his jotters. That would be 3 defeats in the last 4 against arguably 3 of the worst sides in the league - 2 of them at home.

Hibby70
10-11-2022, 03:05 PM
I actually think there's signs of a very good team in there. Problem is that mentally we don't seem to be strong enough which is a huge worry if we get dragged down much further.

Get Boyle and Nisbet back, hopefully get Magennis fit for more than a couple of weeks and go back to a 4 at the back. It's not beyond us to improve and we are still in the mix.

Hopefully Tuesday was the low point where everyone then starts pulling together (fans and players).

Whatever way you look at it Saturday is huge and we need to back the team and try to get them over the line. Can't say I'm very confident mind you.

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2022, 03:13 PM
when have the votes to be in by ?:greengrin i won't be voting until approx 4:50pm +any Var + added on time on Saturday, but it looks like the give it until the end of season vote will prevail

when will the club receive the results :dunno:

Smartie
10-11-2022, 03:16 PM

That was roughly what Jack Ross got in a similar poll shortly before Ron Gordon saw fit to punt him.

Smartie
10-11-2022, 03:17 PM
I actually think there's signs of a very good team in there. Problem is that mentally we don't seem to be strong enough which is a huge worry if we get dragged down much further.

Get Boyle and Nisbet back, hopefully get Magennis fit for more than a couple of weeks and go back to a 4 at the back. It's not beyond us to improve and we are still in the mix.

Hopefully Tuesday was the low point where everyone then starts pulling together (fans and players).

Whatever way you look at it Saturday is huge and we need to back the team and try to get them over the line. Can't say I'm very confident mind you.

We've definitely got some very handy players but they don't look much like a team to me at this stage.

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 03:18 PM

I don't see the point of changing gaffers now no manager on earth could get a tune out of these amateurs lol

WhileTheChief..
10-11-2022, 03:27 PM
You can't say anyone is wrong all along at this stage in the season. Folk will see a body of evidence building and form their opinion as it builds. There's a load of football to be played between now and the end of the season, definitively saying folk are wrong at this stage is nonsense. On either side of the conversation.

4 defeats in 5, 5 in 6….

How many before we can say definitively??!!

Hibernian Verse
10-11-2022, 03:28 PM
4 defeats in 5, 5 in 6….

How many before we can say definitively??!!

By that logic if we go on a run of 4 wins in 5, then you're wrong :wink:

WhileTheChief..
10-11-2022, 04:38 PM
By that logic if we go on a run of 4 wins in 5, then you're wrong :wink:

I’d happily take that:aok:

Just read LJs interview saying he wants 4,5 or 6 transfer windows to get us to where we want to be. I think he’s kidding himself on if he thinks he’ll get that amount time with the results we’ve seen recently.

Iain G
10-11-2022, 05:06 PM
I’d happily take that:aok:

Just read LJs interview saying he wants 4,5 or 6 transfer windows to get us to where we want to be. I think he’s kidding himself on if he thinks he’ll get that amount time with the results we’ve seen recently.

We can't keep changing the manager or its back to square one every time with a squad someone else built! Would rather Lee got the time over pernernial safe bores like Sack'd Dross.

Keith_M
10-11-2022, 05:32 PM
This inept clueless board of directors would just make an arse of appointing someone else so it’s a categoric no from me.

No doubt it’ll happen halfway through January, we’ll be stuck with SDG again for 9 weeks before appointing someone from the Charleston Battery reserves.

Yeah, I'd find it hard to argue with that.

Brightside
10-11-2022, 05:35 PM
That was roughly what Jack Ross got in a similar poll shortly before Ron Gordon saw fit to punt him.

Yep. Nobody gets a chance to build a project.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2022, 05:50 PM
Yep. Nobody gets a chance to build a project.

I agree, but do you really think those above the manager are helping?

Brightside
10-11-2022, 05:54 PM
I agree, but do you really think those above the manager are helping?

Well i think there is a reason that the guy that ended up going to Blackburn didn’t get the job here. We aren’t changing the owner or CEO tho - its his plaything and he does what he wants. Turnover is through the roof for him…..football is just the byproduct.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2022, 05:59 PM
Well i think there is a reason that the guy that ended up going to Blackburn didn’t get the job here. We aren’t changing the owner or CEO tho - its his plaything and he does what he wants. Turnover is through the roof for him…..football is just the byproduct.

I agree, he needs to be told by the support that this is not acceptable, and i'm pretty sure he will soon find out by the number of empty seats we will have at every game from now on.

We'd be better starting some protests now, rather than waiting until we are dragged into a relegation fight.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2022, 06:02 PM

As long as we continue to play a midfield consisting of Newell and Henderson, both of whom are completely ineffective and not good enough then we will lose more games than we will win this season.

We go a goal behind and we can't get back into it. We have come from behind to win once this season and that was against 10 man Aberdeen. We salvaged a point against Hearts and against 9 man Rangers. Other than that if we go a goal down we will normally lose. Thats a massive issue, the players do not have the mentality to get back into it. 5 points gathered from losing positions this season is scandalous. The players just don't have it in them because they are not good enough. No ideas, no urgency, no passion.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2022, 04:08 PM
Out you go.

Itsnoteasy
12-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Interested what The Other Idea Is.

Juice-Terry
12-11-2022, 04:13 PM
Johnson is not the problem (unless he had a big say in the summer signings). We need better recruitment. Our players are, for the most part, *****.

LunasBoots
12-11-2022, 04:15 PM
Yup I'm out now, is he the man to take us forward then no he's not but neither is this squad which has been seriously neglected for years.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2022, 04:18 PM
Said before, as long as we continue to play Hanlon, Newell, Henderson etc we will lose a lot more games than we will win. They are nowhere near good enough and Hanlon is finished and has been for seasons now.

20 points from a possible 48. 8th in the table -5 on goal difference and up next is Rangers away. Can't wait...:rolleyes:

Hibby70
12-11-2022, 04:18 PM
The recruitment has been terrible but some of Johnson's decisions have been absolutely terrible. That coupled with the fact that the team just don't seem bothered means he's a goner.

I'd rather watch the U19s play as the first team in the championship than watch ***** like Joe Newell swan about not giving a ****.

eastmainsmsh
12-11-2022, 04:20 PM
If it’s recruitment that’s problem you’ve got to question why LJ agreed to take the job

Stubbsy90+2
12-11-2022, 04:21 PM
Still don’t see the point in sacking him as it’ll just be another guy who comes in and takes the blame in 6 months for Ron and Ians failings.

The two of them are ruining our football club.

Stubbsy90+2
12-11-2022, 04:21 PM
If it’s recruitment that’s problem you’ve got to question why LJ agreed to take the job

He wasn’t happy about our recruitment in the summer so I’d suggest he hasn’t been given what he expected.

Sir David Gray
12-11-2022, 04:22 PM
Still don’t see the point in sacking him as it’ll just be another guy who comes in and takes the blame in 6 months for Ron and Ians failings.

The two of them are ruining our football club.

Agreed on both fronts.

Overhaul the football department Ron or sell the club.

Carheenlea
12-11-2022, 04:22 PM
We can argue about recruitment teams and shambolic signing policy being a bigger problem than the manager, but ultimately when you lose 6 out of 7, and against the worst teams in the league, a manager has to go. Johnson will understand this and will be packing tonight knowing the call will be imminent.

Getting dangerously close to the relegation spots O it’s time for a new man to see what he can do with this squad and hopefuhave an influence on players moving on and coming in in January.

Smartie
12-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Johnson is not the problem (unless he had a big say in the summer signings). We need better recruitment. Our players are, for the most part, *****.

Biggest black mark against Johnson is that he reckoned he could get a tune out of current midfielders over the summer and we almost unanimously replied "no, ye cannae".

I agree with you though - the tactics, the motivation and all that, we've all fallen for the cult of the football manager. Our players aren't good enough to win football matches, not nearly good enough. Until that changes, it doesn't matter who we have windmilling their arms on the sidelines and banging out the cliches in interviews.

hhibs
12-11-2022, 04:29 PM
This poll needs to be started again.

One Day Soon
12-11-2022, 04:33 PM
That post-match interview, just **** off. "Lot of quality benched at the moment, get them back and go again". Delusional ****ing nonsense.

We are utterly crap to watch, not getting results and showing **** all spirit. Another sleep inducing manager whose team is more and more reflecting them.

A Hi-Bee
12-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Would changing the manager make much difference this club has been under-funded since we won the Scottish Cup, we could have grown with the right investment, Lenny said as much at the time and most just scoffed.
We are in the dug pooh right now, dont see much changing anytime soon.

McGruber
13-11-2022, 09:52 AM
I was for him to stay after the County game, not sure the constant manager merry-go-round does anyone any favours. I'm more annoyed now with that Killie game. Doubt Ron Gordon, Ben Kensall et all gave Johnson the brief of going to bottom of the table Killie and set up not to lose.
That team selection was as brutal as the VAR penalty.

Just as worryingly the Nisbet chat comes over as desperate. Before the game saying big difference for his benefit giving him the extra month/no risk on astro. After the game giving it the should have played Nisbet/be fine when injured players back. Excuses.

Killie were under real pressure for a result and we set up with 4 centre mids in a 4 - no width, no creativity and no support for strikers. Actually thought Melkerson played well given the circumstances

Northernhibee
13-11-2022, 09:53 AM
No. Still not the problem.

Keith_M
13-11-2022, 10:02 AM
I'd like to se what happens after the next transfer window.

We're in a very lucky position just now that the rest of the teams are so poor and we're still only three points behind third place.

But carry on with the current squad and we're gonna be nowhere near that at the end of the season.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2022, 10:09 AM
We can argue about recruitment teams and shambolic signing policy being a bigger problem than the manager, but ultimately when you lose 6 out of 7, and against the worst teams in the league, a manager has to go. Johnson will understand this and will be packing tonight knowing the call will be imminent.

Getting dangerously close to the relegation spots O it’s time for a new man to see what he can do with this squad and hopefuhave an influence on players moving on and coming in in January.

I don’t disagree with what you say about the results and position we’re in. But I don’t think he’ll be sacked. The owner and board would completely lose any credibility sacking another manager within a few months of being appointed and I don’t think they’ll be prepared to do that, yet.

Until they are prepared to face their own failings and address the issues over and above the manager we are absolutely ****ed IMO, whoever the manager is.

BoomtownHibees
13-11-2022, 10:12 AM
No. Still not the problem.

Part of