PDA

View Full Version : Left back

JammyDoidger
08-11-2022, 11:45 PM
Now for the whole of this season Cabraja has been our number 1 left back. Tonight Mitchell starts, his first game of the season, goes off injured after half an hour, Our manager comes out after the game and states his wife's just had a baby, he's been struggling with illness..(why start him then?) he then puts Stevenson on, who im guessing is third choice left back? Ahead of our first choice left back, who's also on the bench? That just sums up our manager at the moment for me, his team selections are completely baffling, we were consistent in our results when we were consistent in our team selections, he's ripped the whole thing up that was working since celtic away..what is actually going on with him and this team? The Mckirdy thing is also mad, I don't believe for a second he's Injured.

CMac1988
09-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Yeah it's been mentioned a few times and I've already commented but I just don't think Mitchell was ready to come back. I also don't understand Johnson's comment with regards to the recent birth of his baby and suffering an illness when it was clear he was feeling his leg multiple times suggesting it was giving him some grief and that's why he came off. The more Johnson speaks the more nonsensical he sounds.

His formation, team selection and substitutions are coming under more and more scrutiny and it's easy to see why. Results are poor and our general play is a long way away from what he promised. He could do with a few players coming back from injury but he isn't helping himself and I doubt the players are happy with all the constant chopping and changing.

JammyDoidger
09-11-2022, 12:09 AM
Yeah it's been mentioned a few times and I've already commented but I just don't think Mitchell was ready to come back. I also don't understand Johnson's comment with regards to the recent birth of his baby and suffering an illness when it was clear he was feeling his leg multiple times suggesting it was giving him some grief and that's why he came off. The more Johnson speaks the more nonsensical he sounds.

His formation, team selection and substitutions are coming under more and more scrutiny and it's easy to see why. Results are poor and our general play is a long way away from what he promised. He could do with a few players coming back from injury but he isn't helping himself and I doubt the players are happy with all the constant chopping and changing.

It was all going swimmingly until celtic away, we were getting over the line in games, even Dundee United away we lost I thought we were superb throughout and unlucky to lose..he's then totally changed since Rocky has been fit and we've been so much worse off. Magennis missing tonight too, no reason for it, it's just all went totally teets up lately. So sad tbh as it was looking promising.

Donegal Hibby
09-11-2022, 01:23 AM
It was all going swimmingly until celtic away, we were getting over the line in games, even Dundee United away we lost I thought we were superb throughout and unlucky to lose..he's then totally changed since Rocky has been fit and we've been so much worse off. Magennis missing tonight too, no reason for it, it's just all went totally teets up lately. So sad tbh as it was looking promising.
I think we were very attacking and doing well ,playing 4-3-3 and pushing men into other teams box. My theory on it which might be totally wrong btw is that he tried to match Celtic and have a go at them by trading blows with them which at the start seem to happen though sadly there was only going to be one winner. I think maybe there's after effects to that game as Johnson was sacked at Sunderland for a 6-0 defeat to Bolton even though he was 3rd and just 2 points of the top and since we have went to a back 5 , also think that beating has effected the team confidence and Johnsons maybe been worried as well anyhow I agree with JD when it really started to go teets up for us was after Celtic game

MagicSwirlingShip
09-11-2022, 01:35 AM
It seems our manager doesn’t know whether he’s going for a dump or a haircut

loanheadhibby
09-11-2022, 05:33 PM
Don't get carried away, we were unlucky to lose at Tannadice but superb throughout is complete nonsense.

BSEJVT
09-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Tbh the jury is very much out on Cabraja

Personally don’t think we have viable options at either full back

JohnM1875
09-11-2022, 05:51 PM
Tbh the jury is very much out on Cabraja

Personally don’t think we have viable options at either full back

Thought he looked brilliant the first few games and confident he'll come good again. I know it’s easy to point to a family members death as a reason, but it could easily still be effecting him.

I'd be starting him as he’s better than our other options. Hate to say it but Stevenson is looking poor just now.

Wilson
09-11-2022, 06:00 PM
Cabraja. Isn't he the guy some proclaimed was better than the man he replaced? What happened? Are they wrong or is he off form? For my money he was the obvious substitute when Mitchell went off and the management team ballsed it up.

If Johnson is known for adding value to players then you build this guy up. Not leave him on the bench at the expense of 'soon to be a full time coach' Stevenson.

When Cabraja came to the club he was aggressive and put in a mean cross. That would have done against County.

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Thought he looked brilliant the first few games and confident he'll come good again. I know it’s easy to point to a family members death as a reason, but it could easily still be effecting him.

I'd be starting him as he’s better than our other options. Hate to say it but Stevenson is looking poor just now.

I love Lewy, love his work ethic, professionalism and his bravery. But like Paul, he’s been there too long and it pains me to say it because if many others had the same built in desire we’d be in a better place.

Lewis will be a top youth coach after football, that’s guaranteed 👍

hibby rae
09-11-2022, 06:14 PM
Now for the whole of this season Cabraja has been our number 1 left back. Tonight Mitchell starts, his first game of the season, goes off injured after half an hour, Our manager comes out after the game and states his wife's just had a baby, he's been struggling with illness..(why start him then?) he then puts Stevenson on, who im guessing is third choice left back? Ahead of our first choice left back, who's also on the bench? That just sums up our manager at the moment for me, his team selections are completely baffling, we were consistent in our results when we were consistent in our team selections, he's ripped the whole thing up that was working since celtic away..what is actually going on with him and this team? The Mckirdy thing is also mad, I don't believe for a second he's Injured.

I remember when Roy Keane got asked if a player would be available for Ireland because his wife had just had a baby and he replied 'why wouldn't he be? He didn't have the baby'

truehibernian
09-11-2022, 06:15 PM
I remember when Roy Keane got asked if a player would be available for Ireland because his wife had just had a baby and he replied 'why wouldn't he be? He didn't have the baby'

Don’t forget the ‘as long as he’s not breast feeding’ line 😂👍

gaz1875
09-11-2022, 06:24 PM

Another one of his mindboggling decisions. I also think not so much last night that he makes substitution's just when the player he is subbing is staring to get into the game. That's happened a few times this season.

Helensburghhibs
09-11-2022, 06:31 PM
Its been pish since parkhead because we changed our formation imo. We got a doing there because we kept attacking instead of shutting up shop. I accept playing like that and taking the odd big beating over what we have had in recent weeks. Bring back the 433

Slim Shady
09-11-2022, 08:19 PM
Having watched Oscar MacIntyre a few times.

That’s the type of player we need in our left back position.
Should be starting against Killie!

pacoluna
09-11-2022, 08:49 PM

Mitchell wasn't injured, he was brought off as lJ said team was imbalanced.

HibeeHibernia
09-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Cabraja is one of the few I would keep in the squad once the clear out happens (if it ever does) he's a classy player in a bang average side.

JammyDoidger
09-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Mitchell wasn't injured, he was brought off as lJ said team was imbalanced.

The team is inbalanced every week, purely cause we've not recruited properly, crazy when you consider how many players we've brought in.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2022, 05:33 AM
Having watched Oscar MacIntyre a few times.

That’s the type of player we need in our left back position.
Should be starting against Killie!

Would get flung about like an empty tracksuit. Cabraja will rightfully start.

McGruber
10-11-2022, 06:27 AM
Cabraja looks to be a good player out of form. Worth noting he is better suited to left back in a 4. Johnson said as much when he signed. Went with a good distributor from deep over a galloping athlete

Unseen work
10-11-2022, 07:22 AM
I think Cabraja is very decent at this level.

Wouldn’t say he’s majorly out of one either, has a tendency to duff a cross now and again as does every full back.

I hear people speak about his defensive ability and lack of pace but in all honesty I’ve rarely watched a game this season where I’ve thought the winger is getting the better of him.

One of his best games if not the best was his debut against st Johnstone he Tavares was ahead of him. One thing Tavares has is good movement and he was able to pick him out time and time again, hope we try that again on Saturday

cameronw-hfc
10-11-2022, 07:25 AM
Cabraja is struggling due to the death of his dad. From a pretty decent source, the move to a new country, new team, new language and then losing his dad has understandably knocked him for 10.

He'll be fine, give him a bit and hell get back to where he was. Nobodys fault, just an unfortunate situation.

cammy1969
10-11-2022, 08:39 AM
Imo cabraja is a out and out left back i think he struggles playing wing back, I don’t think he’s totaly comfortable playing further up park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
10-11-2022, 08:48 AM
I think he’s been totally fine but seems to struggle to finish out games.