PDA

View Full Version : Worrying signs

Spike Mandela
08-11-2022, 08:40 PM
This is starting to look like relegation standard football.

Craig_in_Prague
08-11-2022, 08:44 PM
The Championship is not all bad, we will win most weeks and tend to do well in cups.

rcarter1
08-11-2022, 08:46 PM

Looks that way. Really cant have that hanging over our head. Id start with a low possession style and make it hard for the opposition. No point passing the ball to no where and getting picked off! Not sure Lee Johnson is willing to change his style however. Ick.

Vault Boy
08-11-2022, 08:52 PM
The Championship is not all bad, we will win most weeks and tend to do well in cups.

Falkirk probably won’t be in it either, which is a bonus. HWFG!!!

loanheadhibby
08-11-2022, 08:54 PM

Warning signs were there last season. 8 of the players who played tonight played last season.

Looks/feels like we are in free fall now.

The Spaceman
08-11-2022, 08:55 PM
I’m usually a glass-half-full kind of guy when it comes to Hibs, but that performance was up there with as bad as I’ve seen from us. Absolutely hopeless and looked like a team that has had the stuffing knocked out of them. Very worrying. Maybe the extended winter break has come at a good point for us to regather.

Carheenlea
08-11-2022, 09:02 PM
We are fine when things are going for us. Some nice footballers and what have you and we’ve seen some enjoyable performances during the season, but when we are facing a bit of adversity we have no drive or tenacity to dig us out. Too many players hide rather than take the initiative to drive us on. Joe Newall is the prime example of that. Smashing player in a winning side, absolutely hopeless when chips are down.

Trinity Hibee
08-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Early November and yet another season over before it’s even half way through. I say over but it might not be as relegation could become a problem

Scorrie
08-11-2022, 09:08 PM
The signs were there about this lot in the League Cup tbh. I’ve not seen anything to convince me otherwise. In fact over the last few weeks we’ve got worse

WestStandWillie
08-11-2022, 09:10 PM
Worst i’ve seen in years. Too many players either not good enough or not first team stuff.

Cardinal G
08-11-2022, 09:17 PM

That was dire again tonight Spike, I've seen some gutless performances over the years and that's up there with them. Lose Saturday and we really are in it, to be honest I genuinely can't see us getting anything then looking post break our fixtures possibly couldn't have been any harder.

Scorrie
08-11-2022, 09:19 PM
Don’t worry McGeady is still to come back 😀

Keep forgetting we signed him! Apart from his rotten penalty against Bonnyrigg, struggling to remember anything he’s done

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-11-2022, 09:52 PM
The current squad is definitely relegation material. We signed a **** load of players in the summer and are actually worse than last season. The recruitment has been horrendous. A 4 year deal for Tavares, deary me. :rolleyes: Other clubs in our league seem to unearth gems from nowhere. We spend more money on absolute garbage.

Nicho87
08-11-2022, 09:59 PM
My list of players I’d happily move on now for many different reasons, injured, not good enough, past sell by date.

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

Scary amount of dead wood in the squad

Build a team around Marshall, Cadden, Boyle, Nisbet. The only 4 I’d want to really keep.

Leith Green
08-11-2022, 10:12 PM
Worst i’ve seen in years. Too many players either not good enough or not first team stuff.

Squad bloated with utter kack , 1st team bang average.. manger clueless in team shape and selection
Nor looking too clever

BH Hibs
08-11-2022, 10:28 PM
My list of players I’d happily move on now for many different reasons, injured, not good enough, past sell by date.

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

Build a team around Marshall, Cadden, Boyle, Nisbet. The only 4 I’d want to really keep.

Not a fan of McGeady then mate? :greengrin

keep the faith
08-11-2022, 10:31 PM

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

Caddens hopeless crossing was one of the worst things about our performance tonight.

raeburnhibs
08-11-2022, 10:37 PM
Caddens hopeless crossing was one of the worst things about our performance tonight.

agree, the difference is their wide player put an absolute peach of a ball in; 1-0. Cadden is okay, but only because some of the others around him are beyond useless

Baader
08-11-2022, 10:40 PM

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

The McGeady brothers have done nothing.

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2022, 10:47 PM

To be fair Cadden's crossing is never that brilliant at the best of times, he can't defend for toffee either.

GreenGray
08-11-2022, 10:51 PM

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

Joe Newell? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny_Leith
08-11-2022, 10:59 PM

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

How is Henderson not on there?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2022, 11:07 PM
… and goes straight into the development squad :)

sorry bit of dark humour (or an attempt)

OstKurve Hibs
08-11-2022, 11:13 PM

Schofield
Lewis Miller
Paul Hanlon
Josh Campbell
Hague
Bradley
Tavares
McGeady
Joe Newell
Doyle Hayes
McGeady
Magennis
Mitchell
Fish
Doidge
McKirdy
Bojang

I'd keep rocky and Newell aswell, think Newell is stifled a bit being surrounded by dross,
Also think theres a player in nohan Kenneh aswell.

Nicho87
08-11-2022, 11:21 PM
Forgot about Henderson

McGeadys glass legs get one mention each - apologies

Nicho87
08-11-2022, 11:23 PM
To be fair Cadden's crossing is never that brilliant at the best of times, he can't defend for toffee either.

I don’t think he’s a right back. I think he’s an old fashioned right winger. I’ve said for over a year with our midfield dross I’d have played in a central midfield three a long time ago.

SteveHFC
08-11-2022, 11:24 PM

Decent away trips to Cove and Inverness twice a season. :agree:

ozhibs
09-11-2022, 04:24 AM
Absolutely hopeless and looked like a team that has had the stuffing knocked out of them. Very worrying. Maybe the extended winter break has come at a good point for us to regather.

Maybe LJ should cancel the players 8 day break and get them training HARD
GGTTH

JimBHibees
09-11-2022, 06:05 AM
We are fine when things are going for us. Some nice footballers and what have you and we’ve seen some enjoyable performances during the season, but when we are facing a bit of adversity we have no drive or tenacity to dig us out. Too many players hide rather than take the initiative to drive us on. Joe Newall is the prime example of that. Smashing player in a winning side, absolutely hopeless when chips are down.

Kind of where I am also. Heart of a mouse

GreenGray
09-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Kind of where I am also. Heart of a mouse

One thing you can’t say about Newell is lack of effort, in fact there were moments last night where he looked like the only player bothered.

Stubbsy90+2
09-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Joe Newell? Really?

Newell has played alright this season so he could probably feel hard done by being put in that list. At the end of the day though he’s been a constant over the last 4 managers, all of which have been sacked other than the current one who is having a horror show.

If we got the chance to move him on id probably take it.