PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Winter 2022-23 transfer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Diclonius
07-11-2022, 03:22 PM
Confirmed in (3):
CJ Egan-Riley, six month loan (defender, Burnley)
Matthew Hoppe, six month loan (striker, Middlesbrough)
James Jeggo, one and a half year contract (midfielder, Eupen)

Confirmed new contracts (0):
N/A

Confirmed returned from loan (1):
Allan Delferriere (Edinburgh)

Confirmed out (7):
Joao Balde (Arbroath)
Momodou Bojang (Rainbow)
Steven Bradley (Livingston)
Jack Brydon (Queen of the South)
Demitri Mitchell (Exeter)
Ryan Porteous (Watford)
Ryan Schofield (Huddersfield)

Confirmed out on loan (4):
Kevin Dabrowski (Queen of the South)
Emmanuel Johnson (Austin)
Nohan Kenneh (Ross County)
Elias Melkersen (Sparta Rotterdam)

Diclonius
07-11-2022, 03:22 PM
Johnson confirms Bradley will be sold/released in Jan.

Unseen work
07-11-2022, 03:24 PM
Current squad, not including those out on loan (Bradley and Hauge now back)

GK

Marshall
Dabroswki
Schofield

Defenders

Cadden
Miller
Porteous
Rocky
Hanlon
Fish
Cabraja
Stevenson

Midfielders

Kenneh
Newell
Magennis
JDH
Campbell
Henderson
Mitchell
Tavares
McGeady
Boyle
Bradley
Hauge

Forwards

Kuharevych
Nisbet
Youan
McKirdy
Melkerson
Bojang

Wouldn’t be surprised to see any of the below leave

Schofield
Bojang
JDH
Mitchell
Youan - dependent on money we’re paying and if we can get better value elsewhere

Haymaker
07-11-2022, 03:39 PM
:hyper

Hibbyradge
07-11-2022, 03:40 PM
Are you always this premature?

It's the 7th of November!

J-C
07-11-2022, 03:41 PM

Where is that being mentioned?

Ringothedog
07-11-2022, 03:51 PM

Ask his partner

Diclonius
07-11-2022, 04:09 PM

Pretty sure I started one in October once.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2022, 04:10 PM
Pretty sure I started one in October once.

That answers my question then! :greengrin

Jones28
07-11-2022, 04:36 PM

Tbf I think diclonious is well within his rights to start the thread as soon as the first Christmas adverts appear.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2022, 04:40 PM
Tbf I think diclonious is well within his rights to start the thread as soon as the first Christmas adverts appear.

That would have been August!

ancient hibee
07-11-2022, 08:52 PM

No . I think he's been told he can go if he wants.

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=ancient hibee;7153671]No . I think he's been told he can go if he wants.[/QUOTE
A few rumours of league of Ireland clubs wanting him back .

Tambo
07-11-2022, 10:31 PM
Would rather see hauge sold and Bradley giving a chance.

Can we send Bojang back? Just don't see the point in him now with Myko and Nisbet on his way back.

A loan move could be good for Jair.

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 10:59 PM
Was just wondering if we do make some space in our squad for say 2 or 3 players ,what positions would be the priority?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2022, 11:42 PM

Can we send Bojang back? Just don't see the point in him now with Myko and Nisbet on his way back.

Loan move in Scotland? Where you thinking?

Tambo
07-11-2022, 11:47 PM
Loan move in Scotland? Where you thinking?

Someone who's not much of a threat to the top 3/4/5.

Even a move to a championship team to get used to scottish football could do him better than sitting on the bench and making little cameos here and there.

Unseen work
08-11-2022, 02:35 AM
A player I’ve been really impressed with every time I’ve seen him this season is Owura Edwards.

Rapid, direct, can beat a man and has a final ball. Like a mix of Jasper and Youan but with a final ball😅

Everything good for County seems to come through him and I’ve no doubt he’ll cause us trouble tomorrow.

21 year old winger on loan from Bristol City who Lee Johnson signed him for….out of contract next summer.

Unseen work
08-11-2022, 08:56 PM
Hope the recruitment team have something big planned

The funny thing is I don’t necessarily think the young players signed are brutal, there’s just far too many of them.

We need experienced and proven players with quality and a bit of game intelligence.

We’ve missed out on a lot of quite obvious signings imo to sign risky players.

I have no issue with taking a risk on Tavares etc but there needs to be a balance

EGL2000
08-11-2022, 10:49 PM
Still think we are crying out for a midfielder who drives with the ball and scores goals. Also preferably with some experience behind him 25-28 year old say, having actually played a decent number of games.

Smartie
08-11-2022, 10:51 PM

I can’t believe Bradley isn’t a better option than some of the players who started and finished that game.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2022, 10:52 PM

The funny thing is I don’t necessarily think the young players signed are brutal, there’s just far too many of them.

We need experienced and proven players with quality and a bit of game intelligence.

I have no issue with taking a risk on Tavares etc but there needs to be a balance

Will be more of the same.

We’ll terminate a loan or two, the likes of Fish and Bojang. We’ll free up some space by loaning a player or two out. Then we’ll sign 6-8 players, half of them on loan and hope we land lucky.

GloryGlory
10-11-2022, 08:00 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fidel-barajas-who-is-the-charleston-battery-phenom-handed-chance-to-impress-with-hibs-in-portugal-tournament-3914173

Brightside
10-11-2022, 08:04 PM
I don’t expect much if any incomings January.

Hibees1973
10-11-2022, 08:21 PM
Jesus, not another one.

Wonder who our manager will be come January.

These transfer windows are just a side show to what is really wrong at the club.

Ronniekirk
10-11-2022, 08:28 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fidel-barajas-who-is-the-charleston-battery-phenom-handed-chance-to-impress-with-hibs-in-portugal-tournament-3914173

A 16 year old o trial with under 19 team

Hibbyradge
10-11-2022, 08:30 PM
Jesus, not another one.

Wonder who our manager will be come January.

These transfer windows are just a side show to what is really wrong at the club.

You want Hibs to stop signing youngsters now?

neil7908
10-11-2022, 09:03 PM
You want Hibs to stop signing youngsters now?

It depends. We've allegedly spent around £500k on Melkerson and McAlister. Both are young, the later especially but that is a hell of a lot of money for a club our size. I really want to see resource focused on guys that can come in and do a job straight away.

Our under 19s are also performing amazing in Europe - can we not back them with opportunities in the first team before we look at more youngsters?

Hibbyradge
10-11-2022, 09:13 PM
It depends. We've allegedly spent around £500k on Melkerson and McAlister. Both are young, the later especially but that is a hell of a lot of money for a club our size. I really want to see resource focused on guys that can come in and do a job straight away.

Our under 19s are also performing amazing in Europe - can we not back them with opportunities in the first team before we look at more youngsters?

Our under 19s are more realistically under 17 and they're nowhere near ready for first team football.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-11-2022, 09:46 PM
Saw a few comments online saying Doidge struggling at Killie. Might see him back in January?

HibeeHibernia
10-11-2022, 09:49 PM

i think the recruitment team have done enough damage already mate lol a new director of football should be mandatory this January

Vault Boy
10-11-2022, 10:09 PM
I don’t expect much if any incomings January.

Likewise

Stuart93
10-11-2022, 10:32 PM
Porteous wanted by stoke, luton, Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall according to the DR.

Hopefully make a bid in January and we get something for him

Unseen work
10-11-2022, 10:40 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9746576/ryan-porteous-transfer-championship-january-move-hibs-efl/

The amount of errors in that is staggering.

Neil will be doing some job to get Stoke in the top flight of Scottish football 😅

neil7908
10-11-2022, 10:44 PM
Our under 19s are more realistically under 17 and they're nowhere near ready for first team football.

And adding more young players will only further block pathways for them to the first team.

I find it incredible that right now any Hibs fan would be pushing for more investment in the youth team. We need first team players, not squad players or youngsters.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2022, 10:51 PM
And adding more young players will only further block pathways for them to the first team.

I find it incredible that right now any Hibs fan would be pushing for more investment in the youth team. We need first team players, not squad players or youngsters.

I want the best players we can find to progress to the first team. If we can recruit better youngsters than we currently have, it would be madness not to.

Investing in youth costs pennies relatively and in no way affects our ability to strengthen the first team.

jeffers
10-11-2022, 10:54 PM
I want the best players we can find to progress to the first team. If we can recruit better youngsters than we currently have, it would be madness not to.

Investing in youth costs pennies relatively and in no way affects our ability to strengthen the first team.

Have to disagree with you on that one. We spent between £150-200k on the assistant’s boy. I’m sure that could have been better spent on the first team.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2022, 11:00 PM
Have to disagree with you on that one. We spent between £150-200k on the assistant’s boy. I’m sure that could have been better spent on the first team.

Yeah that's a hefty sum. We won't know if it could have been better spent elsewhere until he matures. Hopefully it pays off.

I was meaning generally, it's not expensive to develop young players.

On the wider issue, there's no future in identifying a youngster who would be an improvement on what we have, only to let him go to hertz or another competitor.

One Day Soon
10-11-2022, 11:03 PM
My thoughts on the next transfer window are a bit of a horror show. On the one hand we desperately need to bring in some established players able to deliver in key positions as well as offloading as many of the many mediocrities as possible.

On the other hand I fervently hope that the chequebook, debit and credit cards, bank access codes, green shield stamp books, loose change, promissory notes, IOU slips, cash and any keys to the safe are all removed from the possession of the Sommelier well before, during and after the window opens and closes.

Tambo
10-11-2022, 11:12 PM
I would be Happy for Ryan to leave but how much realistically would we get? Look what happened with Souttar and the huns.

Another so called young phenomenon?

A central midfielder is yet needed again but could Johnson be looking at Mcgeady for the number 10 role?

If ryan was to go then would another CB be Number 1 priority? Could we survive with Hanlon, Rocky, Fish and McGregor?

JammyDoidger
10-11-2022, 11:47 PM
I would be Happy for Ryan to leave but how much realistically would we get? Look what happened with Souttar and the huns.

A central midfielder is yet needed again but could Johnson be looking at Mcgeady for the number 10 role?

If ryan was to go then would another CB be Number 1 priority? Could we survive with Hanlon, Rocky, Fish and McGregor?

By the time Mcgeady gets fit, if he ever does, he will have missed half the season, he's not going to be a regular starter for Hibs, you can't rely on someone at his age to start for us every week, you'll be lucky if he plays another 10 games for Hibs. We need to again go back into the market and sign proven quality to come in and start. It's never ending. Stop with the experiments.

1875Sean
11-11-2022, 07:30 AM

It’s obvious he is going to sign a pre contract come Jan, if we can get £300k-£400k in Jan I would rather take the money and try and bring in another player or 2, I know others may think keep him anyway but he hasn’t been great of late

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-11-2022, 08:11 AM
Porteous wanted by stoke, luton, Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall according to the DR.

Hopefully make a bid in January and we get something for him

Get it done early doors so we can get on with things. We all know he's away, he's just not telling us

I'd imagine we'll have our replacements lined up

Ronniekirk
11-11-2022, 09:06 AM
It’s obvious he is going to sign a pre contract come Jan, if we can get £300k-£400k in Jan I would rather take the money and try and bring in another player or 2, I know others may think keep him anyway but he hasn’t been great of late

It’s clear his mind is elsewhere and there are spells it’s impacting on his form
So if he doesn’t sign a new contact during World Cup break I think we have no option but to try and get a fee for him
But the flip side of that is he signs a pre contract with some other club and that helps him settle down again and concentrate on playing his best for us

Unseen work
11-11-2022, 09:28 PM
Dipo Akinyemi?

Getting rave reviews in the championship, 13 goals already for Ayr. Only signed for them in the summer but last season scored 18 in 37 in the national league in England.

Would be a cheap punt and looks like the sort of striker that would do well in the top flight.

Would be stunned if teams lie Livi aren’t looking at him, looks a Martindale signing.

Jones28
11-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Dipo Akinyemi?

Getting rave reviews in the championship, 13 goals already for Ayr. Only signed for them in the summer but last season scored 18 in 37 in the national league in England.

Would be a cheap punt and looks like the sort of striker that would do well in the top flight.

Would be stunned if teams lie Livi aren’t looking at him, looks a Martindale signing.

I love a signing like that.

Hibbyradge
11-11-2022, 09:34 PM
I love a signing like that.

Not another punt? :grr:

Jones28
11-11-2022, 09:40 PM
Not another punt? :grr:

buT maRTiNdAle WouLd SiGn hIM

Donegal Hibby
11-11-2022, 09:55 PM
Heard we were after 3 foreign guys , first ones expensive , second one has no interest in coming to us and third ones fallen thru cause we can only sign two !
1= Costa lotta doh .
2= hoo effin Kares .
3= wane too mane .

HendoDelivered
11-11-2022, 11:26 PM
Heard we were after 3 foreign guys , first ones expensive , second one has no interest in coming to us and third ones fallen thru cause we can only sign two !
1= Costa lotta doh .
2= hoo effin Kares .
3= wane too mane .

And the worst Dad joke of the year award goes to….

Donegal Hibby
11-11-2022, 11:36 PM
And the worst Dad joke of the year award goes to….
I know mate not good but thanks for the award for the Dad joke ,I normally get them for a bad joke.... :cup:

Unseen work
11-11-2022, 11:39 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-set-to-bank-considerable-six-figure-sum-from-two-players-at-2022-world-cup-3909874

Expected to get about 400k due to Boyle and Irvine being with Australia at the World Cup.

Very decent amount before the window reopens

Donegal Hibby
11-11-2022, 11:51 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-set-to-bank-considerable-six-figure-sum-from-two-players-at-2022-world-cup-3909874

Expected to get about 400k due to Boyle and Irvine being with Australia at the World Cup.

Very decent amount before the window reopens
Been reading other articles on this and theres been no mention of us getting money for Irvine ,just wondering if it's true ? Must be true as I've seen that Celtic are to gain from ex player "Frimpong " making Dutch squad.

hibeg
12-11-2022, 05:02 AM
Article states we get the same amount for both players :confused:
I would have though the players current club would get the majority of the payment

PaulSmith
12-11-2022, 06:40 AM
Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the radar?

bingo70
12-11-2022, 12:31 PM
Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the radar?

Think he’s one of these players that’s got an absolutely awful career to date but seems to have found a club that has worked for him.

hhibs
12-11-2022, 12:56 PM
Dipo Akinyemi seems to be scoring for fun for Ayr, not seen much of him myself. Anyone know if he’s on the

radar?

Watched him a few times on tv,seems to have something about him,has some nice touches not just a big strong lad IMO.

Would the facilities and coaching at Hibs improve him ?

bingo70
12-11-2022, 01:29 PM
There’s no suggestion we are after him but the St Mirren number 7, Ayunga I think he’s called is a good player I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club before too long.

Ronniekirk
12-11-2022, 01:47 PM
There’s no suggestion we are after him but the St Mirren number 7, Ayunga I think he’s called is a good player I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club before too long.

Scored today v the Huns and looks better than Botang and Yohan on current form

bingo70
12-11-2022, 01:49 PM
Scored today v the Huns and looks better than Botang and Yohan on current form

I liked him against us even though he didn’t score in that game.

Trinity Hibee
12-11-2022, 09:35 PM
No idea if there’s a chance but Jason Kerr, Graeme Shinnie are the types we are missing. Need someone in midfield who has some urgency.

Stevie Reid
12-11-2022, 09:39 PM
No idea if there’s a chance but Jason Kerr, Graeme Shinnie are the types we are missing. Need someone in midfield who has some urgency.

Wouldn’t be any chance of getting Kerr anyway, but has just done his ACL.

Unseen work
12-11-2022, 10:32 PM
As awful as the form has been I don’t think we can sack him.

We need to build continuity.

As poor as some people consider the last 2 windows to have been you also need to consider that Ross was the manager until December and then Maloney appointed and had a window instantly. Maloney then plans for the summer and Johnson comes in.

Johnson will have now had a decent amount of months to asses who is and isn’t good enough and plan for January.

With key players fit - Nisbet, McGeady, Boyle, McKirdy and Magennis that in itself should transform us (if they stay fit).

Johnson will be ruthless in January imo, he relied on and thought some players (Henderson) were better and would offer more than they have.

He’ll also surely be under no illusion about the requirement for a new, quality number 10.

He’ll also realise Magennis and Mitchell are not reliable at all and can’t pin hopes on then being fit.

If we sack him it will be another manager coming in with the same thoughts he and Maloney had and that everyone gets a clean slate - some players shouldn’t get that chance.

HibeeHibernia
12-11-2022, 10:42 PM

As poor as some people consider the last 2 windows to have been you also need to consider that Ross was the manager until December and then Maloney appointed and had a window instantly. Maloney then plans for the summer and Johnson comes in.

Johnson will have now had a decent amount of months to asses who is and isn’t good enough and plan for January.

With key players fit - Nisbet, McGeady, Boyle, McKirdy and Magennis that in itself should transform us (if they stay fit).

Johnson will be ruthless in January imo, he relied on and thought some players (Henderson) were better and would offer more than they have.

He’ll also surely be under no illusion about the requirement for a new, quality number 10.

He’ll also realise Magennis and Mitchell are not reliable at all and can’t pin hopes on then being fit.

If we sack him it will be another manager coming in with the same thoughts he and Maloney had and that everyone gets a clean slate - some players shouldn’t get that chance.

agree with all of that mate and I do think that's what the club will do. I don't think we'll hear anything from then anytime soon in regards to this latest run of poor results like, the break couldn't have come at a better time for us. Though there aren't any positives I would say haven't went through what hopefully will be our worst spell of the season we are only 2 points off third place January as we all know is absolutely massive for us if we have any hope in achieving our goals I expect a clear out and quality in the door. :flag:

truehibernian
12-11-2022, 10:47 PM

If he’s honest - and ruthless - he’ll move on Newell, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewy, Campbell, Magennis, Bojang and Mitchell - that would be a great start to a rebuild. None would be a loss and it frees up huge wages and gets potential fees.

Unseen work
12-11-2022, 11:16 PM
If he’s honest - and ruthless - he’ll move on Newell, Porteous, Hanlon, Lewy, Campbell, Magennis, Bojang and Mitchell - that would be a great start to a rebuild. None would be a loss and it frees up huge wages and gets potential fees.

Don’t agree with all of those names, some are at least semi reliable and will be cheap for what they offer.

Hanlon and Stevenson - Both will be cheap compared to players of similar ability that we could get (Stevenson said this himself) and would be fine as back up.

Porteous - Inevitable he will be sold. A good player but it’s like he thinks he’s above this level now and just doesn’t concentrate so probably best for all parties to leave.

Campbell - I’d say similar to Hanlon and Stevenson. He also at least fits Johnson’s style.

Magennis - Invested a lot of money, time and rehab that everyone will be desperate he succeeds. He’s got quality but we need to see it - we’ll need to cut our losses eventually though if his injury continues but could be expensive.

I’d be more than happy if

Bojang
Schofield
Henderson
Youan
Mitchell

All left

I can see JDH leaving as I can’t imagine him being happy not starting and we already have Newell and Kenneh. I actually rate him and think he’s good when playing forward at pace and with an intensity like he showed at the start of this season and start of last season.

There’s about another 10 that could leave without notice but I’d rather they at least got a chance

IberianHibernian
13-11-2022, 12:18 AM

If we sack him it will be another manager coming in with the same thoughts he and Maloney had and that everyone gets a clean slate - some players shouldn’t get that chance.Maybe , but players have contracts so can`t just be got rid off without compensation . Also , did Nesbit contribute a lot in the last few months before his injury ? How much are we expecting of Boyle after the World Cup ?

graciehfc
13-11-2022, 12:23 AM
If porteous is off I’d go for obileye at Livi solid centre half and a threat in the opposing box

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 12:25 AM
If we don't sign at least two starting midfielders I honestly couldn't care less what happens in January.

tonyrougier123
13-11-2022, 05:49 AM
Nouble please 🙏🏻.
Bullied hearts, would love him in a hibs top.

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2022, 05:56 AM
Nouble please 🙏🏻.

No chance he comes here. Hearts were looking at him at end of summer window so I suspect he might go there.

tonyrougier123
13-11-2022, 06:00 AM
No chance he comes here. Hearts were looking at him at end of summer window so I suspect he might go there.

It’s all ifs and buts. Big marv could have a word though 😉

Allant1981
13-11-2022, 06:09 AM
Nouble please 🙏🏻.

Struggling to score goals and you would have us sign a guy who has only scored 3 goals in 20 games this season and about a dozen in his whole career, thank god fans dont have a say in who we sign

madhatter
13-11-2022, 06:38 AM
If we don't sign at least two starting midfielders I honestly couldn't care less what happens in January.

100%. Midfield has been an issue for years now.

Bridge hibs
13-11-2022, 06:42 AM
Struggling to score goals and you would have us sign a guy who has only scored 3 goals in 20 games this season and about a dozen in his whole career, thank god fans dont have a say in who we signAgree, folk have mentioned the St Mirren forward who had a good game v the rangers, the Ayr forward who is scoring for fun, previously Omeonga would do a job in midfield. I dont mind the big awkward forward kind of player if he plays alongside a nippy wee ****er who gets onto the end of scraps bit other than that I dont think he is what we need

Folk moan their tits off on here because we signed Bojan, Tavares, Melkerson etc but we see those names mentioned above, puntsRus gone mad 😀

Jones28
13-11-2022, 11:06 AM

Yepp. They’ve got money to chuck at it as well.

Hibiza
13-11-2022, 12:27 PM

Brutal truth but required , he won't do it thou .

Saint Hibee
13-11-2022, 12:41 PM
Nouble please 🙏🏻.

He almost never scores, so would fit in well with our current attack.

big gogs
13-11-2022, 01:16 PM
It does not free up wages.the players contracts have to be paid as per contract,the club has agreed this .

sleeping giant
13-11-2022, 01:21 PM
It does not free up wages.the players contracts have to be paid as per contract,the club has agreed this .

Don't think anyone is saying release them.

Joe6-2
13-11-2022, 01:24 PM

How long have we been crying out for them?!!

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 01:27 PM
How long have we been crying out for them?!!

Totally! Pretty much since McGinn left in 2018. No one was expecting a direct replacement for McGinn, but we've not even been close to solving the midfield problem since then.

big gogs
13-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Don't think anyone is saying release them.
If they are so bad,who will pay a transfer fee.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2022, 01:40 PM
If they are so bad,who will pay a transfer fee.

If they are told to find a new club, won’t be a transfer fee until to be paid. Presume he’s already has this conversation with Bradley

Wonder when Lee will tell the ones he wants moved on, that they are not part of his plans

big gogs
13-11-2022, 01:49 PM
If they are told to find a new club, won’t be a transfer fee until to be paid. Presume he’s already has this conversation with Bradley

Wonder when Lee will tell the ones he wants moved on, that they are not part of his plans
I would think he has told the players he wants to move on ,then they can make their own moves,also he has approached the players he wants from other clubs.it’s an on going procedure.dealing with agents and managers .I hope he has earmarked a player to kick his teammates backside,if they are hiding during the game.

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 01:53 PM
Know he gets mentioned all the time and I've no idea how often he's playing, but we need a Graeme Shinnie type and then a creative mid. Sign two like that I reckon we'll be fine.

Boyle, Nisbet, Magennis (hopefully) and to a lesser extend McGeady back as well.

where'stheslope
13-11-2022, 02:02 PM
What about the big Ayr striker, watched him on Friday night, and he looks a handful!
Think they said he had scored 10 goals already this season and is very mobile.

heretoday
13-11-2022, 02:19 PM
Get some hairy-ersed SPL defenders in.

SickBoy32
13-11-2022, 02:22 PM
What about the big Ayr striker, watched him on Friday night, and he looks a handful!
Think they said he had scored 10 goals already this season and is very mobile.

Looks a cracking player, a clear upgrade on at least a few of our attacking options

Sure I’d read that he had a decent goal return in the conference last year - but we opt to go scouting in The Gambia etc haha

Nouble another that would improve us imo

Hibbyradge
13-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Totally! Pretty much since McGinn left in 2018. No one was expecting a direct replacement for McGinn, but we've not even been close to solving the midfield problem since then.

Magennis was/is the solution.

CentreForward
13-11-2022, 02:28 PM
Somehow you just know that if either Nouble or the Ayr guy went to Hearts they’d do well but if they came to us they’d just look ordinary. Sad but probably true.

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 02:32 PM

Said so on another thread but I really do hope that's the case. Really want him to do well for us and think he has the ability, just hope his body can back up that ability.

J-C
13-11-2022, 02:33 PM

Can't be relied upon with his fitness issues.

The Modfather
13-11-2022, 02:39 PM

He would be a good replacement, but someone we have had so little game time from can’t really be classed as the solution. We still need to replace McGinn and anything we get from Magennis is a bonus IMO.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2022, 02:45 PM
Can't be relied upon with his fitness issues.

No, but he was supposed to be SJMs replacement.

J-C
13-11-2022, 02:49 PM
No, but he was supposed to be SJMs replacement.

I get all that but he was signed whilst still recovering from a cruciate injury ffs, we had zero knowledge if he was ever going to recapture his St Mirren form, turns out these injuries are known to have knock on effects when the player returns and as we've seen, lots on niggly injuries like, groin strain and hamstring problems.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2022, 03:09 PM
Somehow you just know that if either Nouble or the Ayr guy went to Hearts they’d do well but if they came to us they’d just look ordinary. Sad but probably true.

The Ayr guy, Akenyemi is only 25, but he’s onto his 14th club already
Ayr United is the highest level he’s played at

Smartie
13-11-2022, 03:18 PM
The Ayr guy, Akenyemi is only 25, but he’s onto his 14th club already
Ayr United is the highest level he’s played at

Upward trajectory though, which shouldn't always be sniffed at.

If they keep on doing the business and improving the higher they go, they may well prove to be worth a punt higher still.

"Players doing well in the Championship" has probably been a more fertile hunting ground for us than the "unknown foreign promising youngster that bigger clubs are allowing to leave at an important age" one.

Bridge hibs
13-11-2022, 04:11 PM
Looks a cracking player, a clear upgrade on at least a few of our attacking options

Sure I’d read that he had a decent goal return in the conference last year - but we opt to go scouting in The Gambia etc haha

Nouble another that would improve us imoWe opt to go scouting in the Gambia etc but you think a 25 year old who played for Potters bar, St Neots, Dulwich Hamlet, Braintree, Cheshunt and many more is a clear upgrade on a few of our attacking options 🤣

I dont doubt he is finding a rich vein of form but lets not kid ourselves playing for Ayr is any better than the level he previously played at. Im all for uncovering a gem but if thats the level of our expectations then we might as well give up as all those players we “scouted” far & wide have been routinely slated on here as have those who scouted them 👍

Allant1981
13-11-2022, 04:20 PM
We opt to go scouting in the Gambia etc but you think a 25 year old who played for Potters bar, St Neots, Dulwich Hamlet, Braintree, Cheshunt and many more is a clear upgrade on a few of our attacking options 🤣

I dont doubt he is finding a rich vein of form but lets not kid ourselves playing for Ayr is any better than the level he previously played at. Im all for uncovering a gem but if thats the level of our expectations then we might as well give up as all those players we “scouted” far & wide have been routinely slated on here as have those who scouted them 👍

Exactly, we aren't playing well but some of the suggestions on here are nuts at times

Bridge hibs
13-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Exactly, we aren't playing well but some of the suggestions on here are nuts at timesDylan Bykey has scored 7 for Stirling Albion, we offered him a deal a few seasons ago but he opted for hearts so played at a good level, only 27 too, could be worth a punt

Since its silly season again

Crab apple
13-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Dylan Bykey has scored 7 for Stirling Albion, we offered him a deal a few seasons ago but he opted for hearts so played at a good level, only 27 too, could be worth a punt

Dylan left the Beanos in January to go back to France as he was homesick.

Bridge hibs
13-11-2022, 05:15 PM
Dylan left the Beanos in January to go back to France as he was homesick.Ah well, we can just ask our scouts to drop in on the way back from the Gambia, Im sure he would be tempted by a big wage 😑

Hibiza
13-11-2022, 06:25 PM
David Weather spoon would be a solid signing.

J-C
13-11-2022, 07:02 PM

Another with too many injury issues.

eastmainsmsh
13-11-2022, 07:24 PM
Dylan Bykey has scored 7 for Stirling Albion, we offered him a deal a few seasons ago but he opted for hearts so played at a good level, only 27 too, could be worth a punt

Think he got offered £50 more a week to go there 😂

Diclonius
13-11-2022, 07:29 PM

No.

Donegal Hibby
13-11-2022, 07:29 PM
Think he got offered £50 more a week to go there 😂
You would need a bit extra to go there , I heard a rumour there's no hot water 😉

whiskyhibby
13-11-2022, 08:10 PM
I get all that but he was signed whilst still recovering from a cruciate injury ffs, we had zero knowledge if he was ever going to recapture his St Mirren form, turns out these injuries are known to have knock on effects when the player returns and as we've seen, lots on niggly injuries like, groin strain and hamstring problems.

We need to have a replacement for McGennis, not his fault, but his constant injuries mean we can’t rely on him. Don’t see him remaining at Hibs when his contract expires. An excellent player when fit, but doesn’t merit a contract based on the last 2 years

HibeeMackenzie
13-11-2022, 08:51 PM
I think Cadden will be one that’s moved on

Ronniekirk
13-11-2022, 08:54 PM
We need to have a replacement for McGennis, not his fault, but his constant injuries mean we can’t rely on him. Don’t see him remaining at Hibs when his contract expires. An excellent player when fit, but doesn’t merit a contract based on the last 2 years

He was signed on a Five Year contract He will get the rest of this season to see how his rehab progresses His current injury was to be expected S slight Hamstring injury
So break has comecatvrightvtimevtobrest him and get him back y up to speed for first game after the break

JohnM1875
13-11-2022, 09:13 PM

Absolutely no chance of that in my opinion, who else we playing there?

1875Sean
13-11-2022, 10:00 PM

Just signed a new deal this season, nonsense

Haymaker
14-11-2022, 01:49 AM
Leigh Griffiths. Free agent, in training so just needs a couple of games to be up to match fitness. Proven Prem goal scorer with a very good record. Set pieces are brilliant. Hibs fan.

That'll solve one problem at least.

hibees 7062
14-11-2022, 02:25 AM
Absolutely no chance of that in my opinion, who else we playing there?

Wotherspoon 😆

MWHIBBIES
14-11-2022, 05:16 AM

Probably one of the very least likely. He's actually been fine this season too. We'd be worse off without him.

MWHIBBIES
14-11-2022, 05:20 AM
Leigh Griffiths. Free agent, in training so just needs a couple of games to be up to match fitness. Proven Prem goal scorer with a very good record. Set pieces are brilliant. Hibs fan.

Leigh Griffiths. Can't get a club. Not done well in this league for years. Nowhere near fit enough. Texts 15 year olds for skuddies.

That adds to our problems. Certain for relegation if we sign that level of player.

superfurryhibby
14-11-2022, 06:53 AM
Leigh Griffiths. Can't get a club. Not done well in this league for years. Nowhere near fit enough. Texts 15 year olds for skuddies.

That adds to our problems. Certain for relegation if we sign that level of player.

I think he already knows this.

Unseen work
14-11-2022, 09:15 AM
As much as I don’t want Griffiths I get what he means to a certain degree.

The other one is Cummings, most would say no however I’d bet that if he had played the same amount as all of our other forwards he’d be one of if not our top goalscorers.

Boyle - 5 goals 1 assist
Campbell - 4 goals
Henderson - 4 goals 3 assists (mental)
Doidge - 3 goals 1 assist
Kuharevych- 3 goals 1 assist
Newell - 3 goals 1 assist
Porteous - 2 goals
Youan - 1 goals 3 assists

When you consider that’s all competitions it’s pretty shocking.

Compared to Aberdeen

Miovski - 12 goals 1 assists
Duk - 8 goals 2 assists
Besujin - 7 goals 1 assist
Clarkson - 4 goals 2 assists
McCrorie - 4 goals 1 assist
Ramirez - 3 goals 2 assists (he’s hardly kicked a ball this season)

Plus another couple on one and two goals. Difference is massive

Hibbyradge
14-11-2022, 09:17 AM

:yawn:

keep the faith
14-11-2022, 09:45 AM
Probably one of the very least likely. He's actually been fine this season too. We'd be worse off without him.

He is certainly not the worst, but a big component of where we are right now.

Our system is to work the ball over to the right where he batters the ball in wildly.

Should we want to continue playing this way and getting lots of crosses in, then we need someone with way better delivery and much better success rate than Cadden.

Stubbsy90+2
14-11-2022, 09:53 AM
As much as I don’t want Griffiths I get what he means to a certain degree.

The other one is Cummings, most would say no however I’d bet that if he had played the same amount as all of our other forwards he’d be one of if not our top goalscorers.

Boyle - 5 goals 1 assist
Campbell - 4 goals
Henderson - 4 goals 3 assists (mental)
Doidge - 3 goals 1 assist
Kuharevych- 3 goals 1 assist
Newell - 3 goals 1 assist
Porteous - 2 goals
Youan - 1 goals 3 assists

When you consider that’s all competitions it’s pretty shocking.

Compared to Aberdeen

Miovski - 12 goals 1 assists
Duk - 8 goals 2 assists
Besujin - 7 goals 1 assist
Clarkson - 4 goals 2 assists
McCrorie - 4 goals 1 assist
Ramirez - 3 goals 2 assists (he’s hardly kicked a ball this season)

Plus another couple on one and two goals. Difference is massive

I would never want us to sign Griffiths now but I genuinely think he’d have scored 4 or 5 by now if he was here, especially as he’d prob be on free kicks and pens. It’s a sorry state of affairs when that would make him one of if not our top goalscorer.

SlickShoes
14-11-2022, 10:25 AM
I would never want us to sign Griffiths now but I genuinely think he’d have scored 4 or 5 by now if he was here, especially as he’d prob be on free kicks and pens. It’s a sorry state of affairs when that would make him one of if not our top goalscorer.

He can't even score in League 1 but he's going to do it in this hibs team that can't create any clear cut chances?

BoomtownHibees
14-11-2022, 10:53 AM

Pens? Have you been watching our games?

Ronniekirk
14-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Pens? Have you been watching our games?

Aye Boyle takes them

BoomtownHibees
14-11-2022, 12:05 PM
Aye Boyle takes them

Aye when we are lucky enough to get them. What’s it this season, 2?

Hibiza
14-11-2022, 08:21 PM
The whole cast of " Family Guy " : sure there's a decent team in there.

Northernhibee
14-11-2022, 08:27 PM
I want a big brute of a target man striker. The one we've scoffed at Hearts signing in years gone past, but we've got too many lightweight options up front. Melkersen, McKirdy, Tavares, Youan - I'd argue that big Myko isn't that brilliant a striker compared to the rest of them, he's just able to compete in this league because he's a bit stronger.

A big battering ram might just help out our other strikers in causing mayhem, allowing them to get a half yard of space.

Also would like a decent attacking midfielder, a Bartley style midfielder, a left winger and a right back.

All first team quality.

Gmack7
14-11-2022, 08:50 PM
I want a big brute of a target man striker. The one we've scoffed at Hearts signing in years gone past, but we've got too many lightweight options up front. Melkersen, McKirdy, Tavares, Youan - I'd argue that big Myko isn't that brilliant a striker compared to the rest of them, he's just able to compete in this league because he's a bit stronger.

A big battering ram might just help out our other strikers in causing mayhem, allowing them to get a half yard of space.

Also would like a decent attacking midfielder, a Bartley style midfielder, a left winger and a right back.

All first team quality.
From your wishlist we already have Nisbet Magennis McGeady and Miller to come back just the Bartley type but I'm sure Kennah was signed for that role, got to get rid of quite a few hopefully

mcfly
14-11-2022, 09:05 PM
Where is all the money coming from for these players we need??

Can’t imagine a big queue to take some of our players off us.

Squad is big and I’ve no faith in our recruitment dept to sort out their mess.

Can only see it getting worse before transfer window opens and panic stations at Easter road.

GreenGray
15-11-2022, 09:48 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221115/06f170ad96dd0cdab8f73a404ed6dbfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGL2000
15-11-2022, 10:09 AM

No chance, would say he's one of the few very few who's guaranteed to stay.

Diclonius
15-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Keep: Marshall, Cabraja, Kenneh, Cadden, Nisbet, Stevenson, McKirdy, Johnson, Bushiri, McClelland, Delferriere, Boyle, Kuharevich
Unsure: Miller, Hanlon, Porteous, Schofield, Melkersen, Dabrowski, Fish, Campbell, MacKay, Tait, Bradley
Get rid: Magennis, Doyle-Hayes, Doidge, Tavares, Bojang, Henderson, Mitchell, Youan, McGeady, Hauge

Trinity Hibee
15-11-2022, 10:27 AM
Keep: Marshall, Cabraja, Kenneh, Cadden, Nisbet, Stevenson, McKirdy, Johnson, Bushiri, McClelland, Delferriere, Boyle, Kuharevich
Unsure: Miller, Hanlon, Porteous, Schofield, Melkersen, Dabrowski, Fish, Campbell, MacKay, Tait, Bradley
Get rid: Magennis, Doyle-Hayes, Doidge, Tavares, Bojang, Henderson, Mitchell, Youan, McGeady, Hauge

Agree with virtually all of that

flash
15-11-2022, 10:51 AM

You are unsure about whether we should keep Porto if he agreed a new deal?

number9dream
15-11-2022, 12:12 PM

I know it's a wish list, but Maggenis (2025), JDH (2025), Tavares (2026), Henderson (2025), Mitchell (2024), Doidge (2024), Hauge (2025)
Seems like there's no future for Mackay or Tait (both 2025).
No club is taking these guys on for the wages we are paying, so best we can hope for is to loan a few more out. JDH to England League 1, maybe Mitchell too if he can get fit? Hauge (Scottish Championship?) Tavares back to Portugal (second division maybe?)
End a few of the loans, if we can, and perhaps get a modest fee for Porto.

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2022, 12:54 PM
There's a 4 page thread in Sevconia that they're going to sign Liam Henderson. Needless to say, it's a not a popular rumour over there. Making me feel a bit :jamboak: tbh.

Haymaker
15-11-2022, 01:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221115/06f170ad96dd0cdab8f73a404ed6dbfb.jpg

:greengrin I like it

Smartie
15-11-2022, 01:15 PM
You are unsure about whether we should keep Porto if he agreed a new deal?

Depends on the deal tbh.

I think we're getting to the stage where he's not going to improve any further at Hibs and is already hopelessly inconsistent.

He wouldn't be the first I'd be forcing out the door but he isn't as indispensable to Hibs as pretty much everyone seems to think.

I accept I'm an outlier on this one and fully expect to take pelters.

Moot point anyway as I don't think he has any intention of staying at Hibs.

Highwayman
15-11-2022, 03:48 PM
Have I have I missed something.

Where’s Joe Newell disappeared to ?

ancient hibee
15-11-2022, 03:53 PM
Have I have I missed something.

Where’s Joe Newell disappeared to ?

15 yards in front of the left back?

Silky
15-11-2022, 03:58 PM
15 yards in front of the left back?

If we're playing wing-backs he's quite high!

Stubbsy90+2
15-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Depends on the deal tbh.

I think we're getting to the stage where he's not going to improve any further at Hibs and is already hopelessly inconsistent.

He wouldn't be the first I'd be forcing out the door but he isn't as indispensable to Hibs as pretty much everyone seems to think.

I accept I'm an outlier on this one and fully expect to take pelters.

Moot point anyway as I don't think he has any intention of staying at Hibs.

Same.

Some of the figures being banded about I wouldn’t be giving him anywhere near.

I’m much the same as you. I don’t think he’s indespensible.

Tambo
20-11-2022, 04:25 PM
The usual players out of contract at the end of the season list but this one a little interesting.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/12-interesting-premiership-players-in-final-year-of-deal-influential-rangers-ace-hearts-star-hibs-prospect-aberdeen-veteran-3925002

HibeeMackenzie
20-11-2022, 04:46 PM
The usual players out of contract at the end of the season list but this one a little interesting.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/12-interesting-premiership-players-in-final-year-of-deal-influential-rangers-ace-hearts-star-hibs-prospect-aberdeen-veteran-3925002

I’d take Erhahon

leith lynx
20-11-2022, 05:22 PM
I’d take Erhahon

Good shout.

Greencore
20-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Didn't realise Josh O'connor's contract is up at the end of the season.

andrew70
20-11-2022, 07:19 PM

Ethan Laidlaws is also up.

chippy
20-11-2022, 07:23 PM

So is Murray Aiken’s

Smartie
20-11-2022, 07:48 PM

So is Murray Aiken’s

Does it not feel a tad careless to have these 3 running in to the latter parts of their contracts?

They can't be far off being ready for first team football, or at least going out on loan with a view to getting a chance in a year or two?

andrew70
20-11-2022, 07:51 PM
Does it not feel a tad careless to have these 3 running in to the latter parts of their contracts?

They can't be far off being ready for first team football, or at least going out on loan with a view to getting a chance in a year or two?

Extremely.

Although with these things the club sometimes gets things all sorted before announcing further down the line so I am hoping there’s been some traction.

Northernhibee
20-11-2022, 07:54 PM
I’d take Erhahon

Yep, Christian Ramirez too. Decent strong striker.

cameronw-hfc
20-11-2022, 08:23 PM
Extremely.

Although with these things the club sometimes gets things all sorted before announcing further down the line so I am hoping there’s been some traction.

Its not uncommon for YT players contracts to get renewed a month or two before running out, not too worried about it really especially with Laidlaw and O'Connor being Hibs fans.

JimBHibees
21-11-2022, 05:43 AM
I’d take Erhahon

Personally not hugely impressed by him

Iain G
21-11-2022, 06:07 AM
I’d take Erhahon

No thanks! We don't need another player in the team that that will lead to multiple mid-spellings of their name. It's at breaking point with myGuiness and Nesbitt as it is, without even mentioning Myko 😉

Unseen work
21-11-2022, 06:13 AM
Yep, Christian Ramirez too. Decent strong striker.

He’s a bit of a weird one, scored a load for Aberdeen but their fans absolutely hate him.

Think it’s something his partner said and then a couple of child like tweets he’s put up and then deleted.

Think he’d score goals though.

chippy
21-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Its not uncommon for YT players contracts to get renewed a month or two before running out, not too worried about it really especially with Laidlaw and O'Connor being Hibs fans.

Offers are possibly there but perhaps players are waiting to see if they get a 1st team chance this season as I reckon that’s why they’d sign/ stick with us rather than the old firm /English clubs

The Modfather
22-11-2022, 11:29 AM

I’m sure they will have, but I do hope Hibs have managed to persuade the likes of O’Connor & Laidlaw what their pathway into the first team is in the near future. In the summer we will have Nisbet, Boyle Melkerson, McKirdy & Doidge all under contract. That’s if we don’t sign anymore forwards. They might look at it and think they will get more first team exposure elsewhere.

Gaffer1875
22-11-2022, 06:05 PM
McGeouch signs for forest green rovers

HH81
22-11-2022, 06:12 PM
McGeouch signs for forest green rovers

Just seen that. Surprised they let him play other day.

Unseen work
23-11-2022, 11:25 AM
https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1595387653381292032?s=46&t=PtEoKsPTiJZSzjCCP9nQQA

Celtic sign another Japanese player, Yuki Kobayashi on a 5 year deal.

Left sided centre half

04Sauzee
23-11-2022, 11:43 AM
https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1595387653381292032?s=46&t=PtEoKsPTiJZSzjCCP9nQQA

Left sided centre half

Im surprised Welsh hasn't left Celtic yet, must move him further down the pecking order
Wonder if that makes the bit Aberdeen on loan available, I know Aberdeen wanted him permanently

Unseen work
23-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Boyle out for the rest of the season.

The January window has now got 10x harder for the club.

hibsforeurope
23-11-2022, 01:11 PM
The transfer window has just become even more important than it already was. Need to replace Boyle's pace and directness somehow.

Hibby70
23-11-2022, 02:22 PM

Left sided centre half

Another Usual Suspect I see.

Dmas
23-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Patrick Kisnorbo names Troyes new manager….myko doesn’t have that daft release clause does it

Eyrie
23-11-2022, 06:33 PM

:greengrin

Tambo
23-11-2022, 06:42 PM
We are in more of a mess in wide positions with the news on Boyle.

Jair so far struggled to make an impact
Mcgeady not featured
Youan started well but not lived up to our expectations
Hauge and Bradley been on loan and probably won't feature for Hibs again
Melkersen asked to play out wide he has been ok in flashes

With the need to strengthen the centre of midfield and Ryan's contract situation it will be a long January and I don't see us spending much money.

Players will need to leave

I would send back Bojang and Youan if we can for a start.

B.H.F.C
23-11-2022, 06:50 PM

Mcgeady not featured

With the need to strengthen the centre of midfield and Ryan's contract situation it will be a long January and I don't see us spending much money.

Basically, most of the things we were talking about needing to strengthen a year ago, still need strengthened.

Billy Whizz
23-11-2022, 07:00 PM
Basically, most of the things we were talking about needing to strengthen a year ago, still need strengthened.

I can see LJ going back to 352

hibee-boys
23-11-2022, 07:30 PM

Mcgeady not featured

Any news on McGeady? He was out for 2 months 4 months ago! Lucky to get half a season out of him.

bigwheel
23-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Any news on McGeady? He was out for 2 months 4 months ago! Lucky to get half a season out of him.

He was never only out for only 2 months. Working his way back from serious medial ligament recurrence ..will do well to be playing by January

PaulSmith
23-11-2022, 07:49 PM
I can see LJ going back to 352

Nah, that experiment is done.. Doubt we’ll see 3 at the back again after that horrendous run of form.

1875Sean
23-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Could see Miller getting a run at RB when fit and Cadden moving to RM

Stubbsy90+2
23-11-2022, 07:54 PM
He was never only out for only 2 months. Working his way back from serious medial ligament recurrence ..will do well to be playing by January

We got told he’d be out for about 6-10 weeks so that is just slightly over 2 months at the higher end of the estimate. It’s now been 17 and he’s not back training and there’s no sign of that being imminent. It’ll be well in excess of 20 weeks by the time he’s back if he’s ever back at all.

At 36 years old, if a 6-10 week injury is taking you over 20 weeks to recover from I would expect there’s a good chance you’ll be packing it in.

Keepthefaith
23-11-2022, 07:55 PM

Mcgeady not featured

I wonder if jair might benefit from a run of games? Part of the problem has also been delivery to him, too many high crosses! Also think we'll see some of the younger players get some game time too

Billy Whizz
23-11-2022, 07:56 PM
Nah, that experiment is done.. Doubt we’ll see 3 at the back again after that horrendous run of form.

I still think I’m his opinion, he’ll want Rocky, Porteous and Hanlon playing most weeks

overdrive
23-11-2022, 08:15 PM
I still think I’m his opinion, he’ll want Rocky, Porteous and Hanlon playing most weeks

It’s a funny one as Rocky has absolutely been by far the best of the three but

(a) our form dipped when he came back in
(b) LJ doesn’t seem to fancy him in a 4

Smartie
23-11-2022, 08:27 PM

We’re about 3 new signings plus cover away from doing his 433 justice again.

The more I think about it the more I realise we’re in really deep trouble here.

This Boyle business is a disaster.

We’ve got so much of our budget tied up in players who can’t or won’t make a meaningful positive impact for us.

PaulSmith
23-11-2022, 08:49 PM
We’re about 3 new signings plus cover away from doing his 433 justice again.

The more I think about it the more I realise we’re in really deep trouble here.

This Boyle business is a disaster.

We’ve got so much of our budget tied up in players who can’t or won’t make a meaningful positive impact for us.

Make no mistake we’re as fkced as it’s possible to be. I suspect we’ll try and move on Porto (with Rocky becoming the CH in a four) to get some funds to save the season.. which right now is avoiding being dragged into a relegation battle.

bigwheel
23-11-2022, 08:58 PM
We got told he’d be out for about 6-10 weeks so that is just slightly over 2 months at the higher end of the estimate. It’s now been 17 and he’s not back training and there’s no sign of that being imminent. It’ll be well in excess of 20 weeks by the time he’s back if he’s ever back at all.

At 36 years old, if a 6-10 week injury is taking you over 20 weeks to recover from I would expect there’s a good chance you’ll be packing it in.

It was quickly reset from that timescale…I’ve heard that he definitely wants to get back playing. He is in training now, just not at the same stage as Nisbet. Wether he will get back or not is a fair question…at his age, his knee will not repair fully…can’t see him being with us next season, so wonder if we will get much football from him at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clarence
23-11-2022, 09:07 PM

He’ll be smashing in the cup.

KWJ
23-11-2022, 10:27 PM
Make no mistake we’re as fkced as it’s possible to be. I suspect we’ll try and move on Porto (with Rocky becoming the CH in a four) to get some funds to save the season.. which right now is avoiding being dragged into a relegation battle.

Sadly, not a bad idea.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rocky given the odd shot as a DM. Kenneh is only 19 and needs rested now and then.

Haymaker
23-11-2022, 10:44 PM
Leigh Griffiths is free and a proven goalscorer. Get. Him. In.

bigwheel
23-11-2022, 11:31 PM

I think a five year old child has access to your sign on. As I can’t believe an adult would post this inane and repetitive garbage that is coming from your account.

Donegal Hibby
23-11-2022, 11:36 PM
Think you need to find a new player for us to sign (sorry) Griffiths is 32 now and hasn't done anything at Falkirk or in Australia and nobody seems to want to sign him except you of course. In the charity match he played in he looked totally unfit and like a guy that plays amateur football on a Sunday afternoon and goes with his mates afterwards for 8 or 9 pints and a visit to the kebab shop afterwards. Harsh but that's the truth .He ain't coming back except for the odd charity matches of course.

Haymaker
24-11-2022, 12:48 AM
I think a five year old child has access to your sign on. As I can’t believe an adult would post this inane and repetitive garbage that is coming from your account.

A 5 year old would also know that we need goals. And Griffiths delivers those.

silverhibee
24-11-2022, 12:48 AM
Think you need to find a new player for us to sign (sorry) Griffiths is 32 now and hasn't done anything at Falkirk or in Australia and nobody seems to want to sign him except you of course. In the charity match he played in he looked totally unfit and like a guy that plays amateur football on a Sunday afternoon and goes with his mates afterwards for 8 or 9 pints and a visit to the kebab shop afterwards. Harsh but that's the truth .He ain't coming back except for the odd charity matches of course.

He also looked like he had spent to much time on the Sun beds. :greengrin

Haymaker
24-11-2022, 12:49 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo is 38 and looking for a club. Being 32 means nothing.

Is It On....
24-11-2022, 05:08 AM

So Mr Riordan is the same age as Ronaldo...could he do a job for us 🤔😂

Heisenberg
24-11-2022, 05:13 AM

I cant believe this patter is still getting bites. Fair play.

J-C
24-11-2022, 07:41 AM

Mcgeady not featured

All these fast forwards/wide players brought in and it's still an area we're struggling in. Bradley has been told he can leave and I have no idea how Hauge is getting on. So basically another 5-6 players needed.

Stubbsy90+2
24-11-2022, 07:46 AM

I always enjoy it because it’s always quite amazing that people still bite. Like you said, fair play to Haymaker. It’s quite the talent.

Jones28
24-11-2022, 08:07 AM

Haymakers Leigh Griffiths journey is the embodiment of the word "persevere"

flash
24-11-2022, 08:12 AM
All these fast forwards/wide players brought in and it's still an area we're struggling in. Bradley has been told he can leave and I have no idea how Hauge is getting on. So basically another 5-6 players needed.

To bring in 5 or 6 we would need to get rid of about 10.
Can't see that happening in January.

Smartie
24-11-2022, 08:16 AM

I can't see it happening either, but I can't see us succeeding if we don't.

J-C
24-11-2022, 08:21 AM

Neither can I but that's the predicament we're now in, injuries and poor signings again.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 08:26 AM
Ronaldo's fit and in peak condition, a dedicated sportsman, Griffith's is totally the opposite and has had issues with his fitness since 2014/2015 under Deila and two other Celtic managers since . Been at Dundee , Falkirk and Mandurah city since .Done nowt .Quotes from dundee fans on there forum=horrendous second stint at club and quite frankly , a disgrace he couldn't get fit .= Quote = A fit on form Griffiths hasn't existed in 3 years , we gambled and lost and quite frankly on what we have seen he isn't an SPFL premiership player anymore . That's just two quotes of may more. You state he brings goals , he can't even play regular now even at clubs like Falkirk and Mandurah city never mind score goals now .No clubs are wanting him cause he's finished , even he's hinted at retiring , your the only one that can't see it . Time you moved on from Griffiths.

flash
24-11-2022, 08:38 AM
Neither can I but that's the predicament we're now in, injuries and poor signings again.

We really need something from Nisbet, Magennis and McGeady after the World Cup

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 08:45 AM

I always enjoy it because it’s always quite amazing that people still bite. Like you said, fair play to Haymaker. It’s quite the talent.
Glad you enjoy it , some of the rest of us find it boring now and doesn't really contribute anything to the thread , you call it quite a talent ? It's more total nonsense that's away past it's sell by date !

Iain G
24-11-2022, 09:12 AM
Haymakers Leigh Griffiths journey is the embodiment of the word "persevere"

Maybe perverse is more accurate word :greengrin

Is It On....
24-11-2022, 10:21 AM
We really need something from Nisbet, Magennis and McGeady after the World Cup

All 3 being fit and playing regularly would be like 3 new signings. We continue to need quickness - physical and in the way we move the ball - or we will continue to struggle. Prior to his injury, Boyle was the only player that really offered that. Really hope we have someone to fill in for him [not obvious who] or it's going to be a nervy 2nd half of the season.

Haymaker
24-11-2022, 11:12 AM
So Mr Riordan is the same age as Ronaldo...could he do a job for us 🤔😂

Reckon he could.

MrRobot
24-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Reckon he could.

Make it happen Ron

Since452
24-11-2022, 01:17 PM
A 5 year old would also know that we need goals. And Griffiths delivers those.

A five year old was probably in the womb when he last delivered goals. Sometimes it's healthier to just let go.

eastmainsmsh
24-11-2022, 03:29 PM
With MB out unfortunately could there be a reprieve for Bradley or Hauge to come in

Unseen work
24-11-2022, 03:43 PM
With MB out unfortunately could there be a reprieve for Bradley or Hauge to come in

Just said the same in another thread re Hauge.

Small snippets but he looks very sharp, direct and quick in this https://twitter.com/glimtcomps/status/1586445544226164736?s=46&t=77PRVHfgqZO30jRTQGLxXg

offshorehibby
24-11-2022, 03:50 PM
Just said the same in another thread re Hauge.

Small snippets but he looks very sharp, direct and quick in this https://twitter.com/glimtcomps/status/1586445544226164736?s=46&t=77PRVHfgqZO30jRTQGLxXg

I thought Hauge had bulked up a bit in his time at Dundalk.

bigwheel
24-11-2022, 03:58 PM
I thought Hauge had bulked up a bit in his time at Dundalk.

Didn’t he largely play as a sub for them ? Wouldn’t suggest he is likely to be a starter for us ….

Stubbsy90+2
24-11-2022, 05:07 PM

We’re in real bother if we settle for Hauge or Bradley to replace Boyle.

We need proven quality.

offshorehibby
24-11-2022, 07:22 PM
Didn’t he largely play as a sub for them ? Wouldn’t suggest he is likely to be a starter for us ….

Yes think he came off the bench a few times to start with looks like he got more game time near the end. Just his physique, he looked like a wee boy when he first arrived the last few clips i saw him with Dundalk he looked to have filled out a bit.
I'm not saying he's the answer but just that he seems to have bulked out a bit.

Silky
24-11-2022, 07:28 PM
Yes think he came off the bench a few times to start with looks like he got more game time near the end. Just his physique, he looked like a wee boy when he first arrived the last few clips i saw him with Dundalk he looked to have filled out a bit.
I'm not saying he's the answer but just that he seems to have bulked out a bit.

He might be the answer. If he doesn't get the chance, we'll never know!

offshorehibby
24-11-2022, 07:29 PM

I am all for giving him a chance.

Donegal Hibby
24-11-2022, 07:48 PM
Id like to see Mckirdy given the right side to be honest

chippy
24-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Sadly, not a bad idea.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rocky given the odd shot as a DM. Kenneh is only 19 and needs rested now and then.
He’s getting 4/5 weeks rest now

cameronw-hfc
24-11-2022, 08:00 PM
I am all for giving him a chance.

I posted here a dundalk fan told me he didn't look like a footballer after his first few games, same guy has said he's been a revelation recently. Looks to have settled and hit some form, hopefully same needed at Hibs. Looks fast and direct, usually those sorts of players need a run of games to look at their best, something he's not really had since arriving.

McGruber
24-11-2022, 08:11 PM
I posted here a dundalk fan told me he didn't look like a footballer after his first few games, same guy has said he's been a revelation recently. Looks to have settled and hit some form, hopefully same needed at Hibs. Looks fast and direct, usually those sorts of players need a run of games to look at their best, something he's not really had since arriving.

I'd like Johnson to have some courage in his convinctions with some he's signed and give them a chance. Not in and out every 5 mins. Miller hasn't played, Tavares in little cameos, McKirdy is in and out game to game. Somebody has to step up now so time to be brave - goes for the youth players aswell, get them involved

offshorehibby
24-11-2022, 08:12 PM

Lets hope he gets a shot on Saturday.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2022, 08:22 PM
I'd like Johnson to have some courage in his convinctions with some he's signed and give them a chance. Not in and out every 5 mins. Miller hasn't played, Tavares in little cameos, McKirdy is in and out game to game. Somebody has to step up now so time to be brave - goes for the youth players aswell, get them involved

Agree with this. We’ve largely done much the same as last season and it’s heading in exactly the same direction, if not worse.

He needs to come up with some kind of solution but I expect to see more of the same.

cameronw-hfc
24-11-2022, 08:45 PM

I agree to an extent, but Miller has been injured, Mckirdy was getting more and more minutes before he picked up a knock and was out for a few weeks and Tavares was always going to be a longer term project.

Unseen work
25-11-2022, 01:48 AM
Livingston supposedly have Adama Diakhaby on trial.

18 million pounds worth of transfers and still only 26. Playing in the English championship for Nottingham Forrest and Huddersfield.

Was once signed for Monaco to replace Mbappe…

Interesting to see how that works out

PHeffernan
25-11-2022, 03:35 PM
Livingston supposedly have Adama Diakhaby on trial.

18 million pounds worth of transfers and still only 26. Playing in the English championship for Nottingham Forrest and Huddersfield.

Was once signed for Monaco to replace Mbappe…

Interesting to see how that works out

Only started 4 games for Amiens in the French second tier last season.
Came on as a sub a further eight times so not exactly ripping it up.
Contract was up in the summer and not renewed.

Hibiza
25-11-2022, 05:50 PM
I agree to an extent, but Miller has been injured, Mckirdy was getting more and more minutes before he picked up a knock and was out for a few weeks and Tavares was always going to be a longer term project.

Tavares will be gone at the first opportunity.

HibbyAndy
25-11-2022, 05:52 PM

Is he no on a 5 year contract ? Could be difficult to move

Jones28
25-11-2022, 06:03 PM

No he won’t.

There’s several players on the list that will be moved on before a young, talented playmaking wide player we signed with much fanfare.

Stubbsy90+2
25-11-2022, 06:47 PM
No he won’t.

There’s several players on the list that will be moved on before a young, talented playmaking wide player we signed with much fanfare.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we look to get rid of him asap. He’s looked so far off it so far and he is nowhere near starting games.

Actually getting rid of him is another thing all together though.

raeburnhibs
25-11-2022, 06:51 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if we look to get rid of him asap. He’s looked so far off it so far and he is nowhere near starting games.

He isn't a starter that's for sure, but there are wee flashes; more or less flattening the RC player with the shot in the recent game for example. I've said this before though and mostly they don't come good....

Unseen work
25-11-2022, 07:02 PM
Can’t imagine Tavares going anywhere and don’t want him to either.

Think he’ll come good.

Donegal Hibby
25-11-2022, 07:21 PM
Is he no on a 5 year contract ? Could be difficult to move
Contract running to 2026 .He's going nowhere unless it's a loan deal.

Iain G
25-11-2022, 11:00 PM

Maybe he has some kind of injury that our medical partners haven't noticed yet?

MWHIBBIES
26-11-2022, 05:22 AM

He is coming off the bench fairly regularly. So he certainly is near starting games.

HibeeHibernia
26-11-2022, 05:31 AM

still can't believe the club gave him the number 10 shirt mate haha what a red neck that is.

HibeeHibernia
26-11-2022, 05:33 AM
He is coming off the bench fairly regularly. So he certainly is near starting games.

The day he is starting games for us on a consistent basis we'll be playing championship football and I honestly believe he'd struggle at the level as well.

Jones28
26-11-2022, 06:26 AM
The day he is starting games for us on a consistent basis we'll be playing championship football and I honestly believe he'd struggle at the level as well.

Ffs the guy is barely in the door. He’s signed a 5 year deal, he’s clearly a long term project.

Trinity Hibee
26-11-2022, 06:54 AM
Ffs the guy is barely in the door. He’s signed a 5 year deal, he’s clearly a long term project.

Exactly and that in a nutshell is everything that is wrong with Hibs right now. Too many players not ready to impact games

B.H.F.C
26-11-2022, 07:41 AM

I know this is said often but I’m not so sure.

Long contract doesn’t necessarily mean long term project. He’s coming up for 22 but looks nowhere near making an impact on the first team. He was brought in to play for the first team and he’s not been good enough. At the moment it looks doubtful that he will be good enough. I think the long contract is all about more to do with them thinking they can secure a fee in future that him being some kind of project.

jeffers
26-11-2022, 07:47 AM

Long contract doesn’t necessarily mean long term project. He’s coming up for 22 but looks nowhere near making an impact on the first team. He was brought in to play for the first team and he’s not been good enough. At the moment it looks doubtful that he will be good enough. I think the long contract is all about more to do with them thinking they can secure a fee in future that him being some kind of project.

Absolutely. It’s our model - sign promising youngsters, develop them and sell on for a big fee. Part of that is offering them a long contract to maximise any potential transfer.

While I have no idea what our plans are with Tavares, you only need to look at Mueller. Signing him was seen as a coup, we quickly realised he wasn’t good enough and moved him on. He was starting games and regularly coming off the bench too.

easty
26-11-2022, 07:48 AM
Absolutely. It’s our model - sign promising youngsters, develop them and sell on for a big fee. Part of that is offering them a long contract to maximise any potential transfer.

While I have no idea what our plans are with Tavares, you only need to look at Mueller. Signing him was seen as a coup, we quickly realised he wasn’t good enough and moved him on. He was starting games and regularly coming off the bench too.

And he looked more likely to make it at this level than Tavares does…

The Modfather
26-11-2022, 07:53 AM

We also gave long contracts to Henderson, Doidge, Newell, Campbell & JDH. I think Hibs are focussed too much on protecting their investments and not losing players for free. Which is sensible in itself, but it’s on players we will likely never see a bid for and will end up having to pay them off or wait until their long deals expire never mind make a profit on.

jeffers
26-11-2022, 07:57 AM
We also gave long contracts to Henderson, Doidge, Newell, Campbell & JDH. I think Hibs are focussed too much on protecting their investments and not losing players for free. Which is sensible in itself, but it’s on players we will likely never see a bid for and will end up having to pay them off or wait until their long deals expire never mind make a profit on.

Without wanting to start another Newell debate, when you consider the players you’ve named it just shows how poor our footballing decisions have been recently.

chippy
26-11-2022, 08:33 AM
Hibs lack authority and decisiveness in player recruitment. We are desperate for someone, whether a manager and/or DoF, who is/are confident in his/their signings. I’m not convinced at all by Johnson in this regard and Ian Gordon and the recruitment teams record is dreadful. A strong character is required to manage us , perhaps with Steve Kean as DoF. Malky Mackay or John Collins for me. I don’t think we’ll go near Martindale

bingo70
26-11-2022, 03:41 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-look-to-cash-in-on-ryan-porteous-after-defender-tells-club-he-wont-sign-new-deal-3932726

Porteous being sold in January.

Donegal Hibby
26-11-2022, 03:50 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-look-to-cash-in-on-ryan-porteous-after-defender-tells-club-he-wont-sign-new-deal-3932726

Some Hibs fan he's turned out to be. :rolleyes:

green day
26-11-2022, 03:51 PM

It's the most magical time of the year......to be a Hibby🙄

Tambo
26-11-2022, 03:52 PM

You can't expect him to stay at Hibs forever when he obviously have ambitions and can't see celtic or rangers coming for him.

SteveHFC
26-11-2022, 03:56 PM

Get him to **** and drop him.

bigwheel
26-11-2022, 03:57 PM

As soon as it becomes your job , you don’t. Make decisions as a fan

Hibs90
26-11-2022, 03:58 PM
You can't expect him to stay at Hibs forever when he obviously have ambitions and can't see celtic or rangers coming for him.

I can however expect him to sign a new deal with a release clause to ensure the club gets something worthwhile for his development.

Bye Ryan.

bingo70
26-11-2022, 03:59 PM
Get him to **** and drop him.

If we get him to **** he’s not our player so can’t drop him.

FWIW I think it’s the right time for him to move and wish him nothing but the best of luck in the future. Hope he goes on to earn fortunes in his career.

BroxburnHibee
26-11-2022, 03:59 PM

Hounded out by the media. I wish him well