PDA

View Full Version : Players leaving in January Steven Bradley for one

Ronniekirk
07-11-2022, 01:40 PM
L J saying today Steven Bradley csn go in January if he can find a Club to take him .Bit diss appointed as he hasn’t been given a chance to show what he csn do Similar to Dan McKay and the guy from Raith who is out on loan at Arbroath
Who else can we expect to be allowed to be moved on to
Make space for new players to come in ?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2022, 01:44 PM
L J saying today Steven Bradley csn go in January if he can find a Club to take him .Bit diss appointed as he hasn’t been given a chance to show what he csn do Similar to Dan McKay and the guy from Raith who is out on loan at Arbroath
Who else can we expect to be allowed to be moved on to
Make space for new players to come in ?

I assume Steven gets the chance to show what he can do every day in training.

JimBHibees
07-11-2022, 01:49 PM

And in his loan games. Also may want to play regularly now

jeffers
07-11-2022, 01:52 PM
I’d move on Miller, Tavares, Bojang and if we could curtail the loan Youan too. I’d even add Henderson to the list, he’s got talent but isn’t showing it anywhere often enough.

Ronniekirk
07-11-2022, 01:57 PM

I wasn’t sure if he was out on loan at Dundalk ,whether he was back here part of the week or not He seems to have done ok on loan . I accept we have too many players and we need some moved on But my wider question was more about who else might we see leave as the decision has now been made re Bradley

Unseen work
07-11-2022, 02:04 PM
I’d move on Miller, Tavares, Bojang and if we could curtail the loan Youan too. I’d even add Henderson to the list, he’s got talent but isn’t showing it anywhere often enough.

I think Miller will come good, plus he’s good competition for Cadden. Millers young and has all the attributes needed, if we move him on we’re just going to have to replace him with another back up right back.

Tavares was signed on a 4 year deal and was told it was a bit of a project and tk be patient, no way should he be leaving already.

Youan is a frustrating one, clearly has something but his decision making at times is awful. Depends if we can get better value for money elsewhere as he might be on a fair bit. Bojang I agree with, nothing against him I just can’t see him getting ahead of the other forwards we have.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell and Doyle Hayes leave either.

Brightside
07-11-2022, 02:05 PM

I’d keep Youan for sure. He’s been ok. Certainly I’d keep him before mckirdy.

The Modfather
07-11-2022, 02:07 PM
I would actively look to move on Bojang, Mackay, Tait, Bradley, Hague & Doidge where possible.

I don’t think we would miss any of the following if they were to move on either. Obviously some only on loan and some backup or arrived in the summer.

Fish
Miller
Stevenson
JDH
Tavares
Henderson
Mitchell
McGeady
Mckirdy

Johnson has a lot of work to do to trim the squad and move on players we simply don’t get enough value from.

Unseen work
I’m sure Bradley is/was really highly rated? Know a few of the first team players are fans of his. Always looked good when playing for the first team too imo.

I wonder who it is deciding with the young players.

He’s allowed to go now having been away for a year, Mackay and Tait never got invited to the pre season trips but guys like Hauge and Delferierre did? I’d certainly rate Mackay and tait higher based on what I’ve saw.

Some of the ins/outs with the younger players don’t make a huge amount of sense to me but I suppose I don’t see them every day!

MWHIBBIES

Moving out a fullback meaning we need to sign a fullback is pointless.

Tavares and Henderson 6 months into long deals, not gonna happen unless they want to go.

Since452
07-11-2022, 02:10 PM
If Bradley was good enough he'd be in the first team. No issue with that. Shouldn't be carrying passengers and unfair to the player to keep him when he isn't going to feature.

I'd try and shift Mackay, Bojang, and Tavares also. Is Tait still injured? Possibly another i'd look to move on.

number9dream
07-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Bradley is under contract for another 18 months but won’t be on much of a wage. I could see Partick Thistle being interested. They wanted him on loan before an injury scuppered the move.
The only guys out of contract next summer are Stevenson, McGeady & Porto, along with all the loan players.
Would we sell Porto if a Championship club offer close to £500,000? Or will he wait and see what’s on the table at the end of the season?
Can’t see much of a mid-term clear out happening…

Hibees1973
07-11-2022, 02:21 PM
I would actively look to move on Bojang, Mackay, Tait, Bradley & Doidge where possible.

I don’t think we would miss any of the following if they were to move on either. Obviously some only on loan and some backup or arrived in the summer.

Fish
Miller
Stevenson
JDH
Tavares
Henderson
Mitchell
McGeady
Mckirdy

Johnson has a lot of work to do to trim the squad and move on players we simply don’t get enough value from.

I would imagine Hauge will be added as well when he comes back from his loan. Tbh we have so many players there will be a few others I've forgotten about that should be shipped out.

So many players signed who have either been deemed good enough, loaned out or not fit enough to play consistently in the first team. The amount of wages and fees thrown at some of these really is a joke.

Really annoys me that some on your list have been handed the honour of playing in a Hibs jersey. To play for Hibs should be earned and not easily given out. Guardiola has said that about Man City. Know this is a ridiculous comparison but in relative terms why should we be handing out a Hibs jersey to some of this guff.

Good luck trying get rid of some of these.

jeffers
07-11-2022, 02:34 PM
I think Miller will come good, plus he’s good competition for Cadden. Millers young and has all the attributes needed, if we move him on we’re just going to have to replace him with another back up right back.

Tavares was signed on a 4 year deal and was told it was a bit of a project and tk be patient, no way should he be leaving already.

Youan is a frustrating one, clearly has something but his decision making at times is awful. Depends if we can get better value for money elsewhere as he might be on a fair bit. Bojang I agree with, nothing against him I just can’t see him getting ahead of the other forwards we have.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mitchell and Doyle Hayes leave either.

Miller has looked miles off it any time I’ve seen him, though I agree physically he has the attributes. I’d still move him on, even if just a loan. We could always play Campbell if Cadden gets injured, Boyle as a wing back or even promote one of the youngsters. It’s no different from the current situation where Miller isn’t featuring and someone else from the current squad would have to step in if Cadden isn’t available.

For the money we are paying Tavares he should be offering more than we are currently getting, project or not. Again moving him on doesn’t need to be permanently, a loan could be an option.

Youan isn’t a winger, he’s a striker who doesn’t score. I agree, his decision making is awful as is his lack of awareness. Brightside has said McKirdy should be moved on before Youan, McKirdy may well not make it at Hibs, but I’d like to see him given the same opportunities Youan has had before deciding that.

I forgot about Mitchell, but wouldn’t be bothered if we got shot of him as well. My recollection is he was injured a lot in his 2nd spell with Hearts and he’s continually injured with us. It’s a pity cos he has something.

I don’t mind JDH, but as we’ve seen a midfield of him, Newell and Campbell doesn’t work, so again wouldn’t be disappointed to see him go.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2022, 02:43 PM
Miller has looked miles off it any time I’ve seen him, though I agree physically he has the attributes. I’d still move him on, even if just a loan. We could always play Campbell if Cadden gets injured, Boyle as a wing back or even promote one of the youngsters. It’s no different from the current situation where Miller isn’t featuring and someone else from the current squad would have to step in if Cadden isn’t available.

For the money we are paying Tavares he should be offering more than we are currently getting, project or not. Again moving him on doesn’t need to be permanently, a loan could be an option.

Youan isn’t a winger, he’s a striker who doesn’t score. I agree, his decision making is awful as is his lack of awareness. Brightside has said McKirdy should be moved on before Youan, McKirdy may well not make it at Hibs, but I’d like to see him given the same opportunities Youan has had before deciding that.

I forgot about Mitchell, but wouldn’t be bothered if we got shot of him as well. My recollection is he was injured a lot in his 2nd spell with Hearts and he’s continually injured with us. It’s a pity cos he has something.

I don’t mind JDH, but as we’ve seen a midfield of him, Newell and Campbell doesn’t work, so again wouldn’t be disappointed to see him go.

How much are we paying Tavares?

Youan has certainly been much better as a winger than striker for Hibs.

jeffers
07-11-2022, 02:49 PM
How much are we paying Tavares?

Youan has certainly been much better as a winger than striker for Hibs.

Not something I’m posting on a public forum, but I was v surprised when I was told and given where the info came from I trust it’s accuracy.

Yes he has, which says a lot about how poor he’s been as a striker IMO.

Diclonius
07-11-2022, 03:18 PM
Did someone say transfers?

Unseen work
07-11-2022, 03:22 PM
Not something I’m posting on a public forum, but I was v surprised when I was told and given where the info came from I trust it’s accuracy.

Not asking you to disclose, but would it be what you’d consider one of our higher earners/best players to earn?

Suppose it’s maybe a bit hard to gauge as it sounds like we’re paying alot more in wages now.

The club did say it was a coup and I’m sure Johnson said he was surprised we managed to get him so would make sense if he’s on a lot!

green day
07-11-2022, 03:33 PM
Not asking you to disclose, but would it be what you’d consider one of our higher earners/best players to earn?

Suppose it’s maybe a bit hard to gauge as it sounds like we’re paying alot more in wages now.

The club did say it was a coup and I’m sure Johnson said he was surprised we managed to get him so would make sense if he’s on a lot!

I am a fan of LJ, but its been clear since the beginning that he is also capable of talking quite a lot of Tom Kite.

J-C
07-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Surprised at Bradley being allowed to leave, seemingly did well on loan over in Dundalk, I'd certainly keep him before Tavares or Hauge.

Smartie
07-11-2022, 04:01 PM
Surprised at Bradley being allowed to leave, seemingly did well on loan over in Dundalk, I'd certainly keep him before Tavares or Hauge.

Me too. Surprised and disappointed.

It's a position we could do with having more cover for, so to let a youngster go without really giving him a chance to show what he can do is a bit annoying, especially when other promising youngsters seem to be afforded plenty of opportunities that they're not taking.

jeffers
07-11-2022, 04:06 PM

I don’t know what each player is on, only a few have been mentioned to me. In his case no he’s not up there with our highest, but as I said the figure I was told surprised me. While we certainly are paying a lot more these days I still think what he’s on is a lot considering how poor he’s looked.

J-C
07-11-2022, 04:07 PM

It's a position we could do with having more cover for, so to let a youngster go without really giving him a chance to show what he can do is a bit annoying, especially when other promising youngsters seem to be afforded plenty of opportunities that they're not taking.

The same happened pre season with Mackay and Tait, never went with the squad and were quickly sent out on loan. Delferriere looked very decent pre season and he too was put out on loan.

The Modfather
07-11-2022, 04:10 PM

We need quality, particularly wide left, not cover IMO. We have McGeady, Jair, Youan, Mitchell & Bradley. 5 players who haven’t contributed, for various reasons, or are “doing a job” like Youan. We might get the odd call wrong but long since time to cut the squad of players not contributing anything and put those wages towards signings who will IMO.

Unseen work
07-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know if Bradley was actually playing well for them?

I know he got 6 goals and 6 assists but on a closer look it seems like he started on fire and then don’t know if he fizzled out?

4 goals and 1 assist in his first 3 games, so then 2 goals and 3 assists in the following 7 months.

Just wondering if he was still playing well despite not scoring etc?

J-C
07-11-2022, 04:18 PM

I know he got 6 goals and 6 assists but on a closer look it seems like he started on fire and then don’t know if he fizzled out?

4 goals and 1 assist in his first 3 games, so then 2 goals and 3 assists in the following 7 months.

I think he got injured which hampered him but I think he did quite well.

B.H.F.C
07-11-2022, 04:25 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear he’s on decent money. People, whether it’s football or anything else, generally don’t move to different countries unless it’s worth their while.

Lago
07-11-2022, 04:26 PM
I am a fan of LJ, but its been clear since the beginning that he is also capable of talking quite a lot of Tom Kite.
Most managers do it's part of the job:greengrin

WestStandWillie
07-11-2022, 04:28 PM
Jair - Loan
Doidge - Empty
Mitchell - Empty
McGeady - Empty
Bojang - Terminate Loan

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 04:32 PM
I am surprised about Bradley , thought he looked quite good anytime I seen him . Article says we will try and move on several fringe players
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/steven-bradleys-hibs-january-exit-25455965

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 04:34 PM
Most managers do it's part of the job:greengrin
Robbie being the best at it of course :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
07-11-2022, 04:57 PM

That’s pretty much how it went from what I’ve heard. Done very well when he first went over but it fizzled out a bit.

Ronniekirk
07-11-2022, 05:07 PM
Bradley is under contract for another 18 months but won’t be on much of a wage. I could see Partick Thistle being interested. They wanted him on loan before an injury scuppered the move.
The only guys out of contract next summer are Stevenson, McGeady & Porto, along with all the loan players.
Would we sell Porto if a Championship club offer close to £500,000? Or will he wait and see what’s on the table at the end of the season?
Can’t see much of a mid-term clear out happening…

L J has repeatedly said the squad is too big and to bring players in we need to move players on
So there is going to have to be players leaving as we clearly need. A couple of players in that can influence games

Sir David Gray
07-11-2022, 05:47 PM
It's always sad seeing young players being told they are surplus to requirements but football is a very brutal business and Bradley is 4 months away from his 21st birthday and has played just 38 minutes in the Hibs first team.

I've made this point a few times but I do believe that if you are into your 20s and struggling to play any minutes of first team football then it's probably not going to happen.

The same probably goes for Tait, Mackay, Doidge, Hauge and Baldé.

HIBS NUTS
07-11-2022, 06:01 PM
I quite often hear the term release players off the wage bill, to save money, why would any player just leave if he is in a contract.
Most players would want the terms of their contract honoured, and paid in full, therefor very little money is being saved.

MikeyS
07-11-2022, 06:04 PM
I quite often hear the term release players off the wage bill, to save money, why would any player just leave if he is in a contract.
Most players would want the terms of their contract honoured, and paid in full, therefor very little money is being saved.

Most fans think its as easy as it is on Football Manager!

HoboHarry
07-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Ochone, another internet FACT busted.... :greengrin

Smartie
07-11-2022, 06:11 PM
We need quality, particularly wide left, not cover IMO. We have McGeady, Jair, Youan, Mitchell & Bradley. 5 players who haven’t contributed, for various reasons, or are “doing a job” like Youan. We might get the odd call wrong but long since time to cut the squad of players not contributing anything and put those wages towards signings who will IMO.

I wouldn't necessarily argue with that, but I'd expect Bradley would be relatively cheap, leaving us with more money within our budget to address the shortage of quality elsewhere (exactly as you say, on the left wing) that will presumably require us to spend a bit.

It strikes me that we're probably spending a decent amount on the squad players who aren't making an impact at the moment therefore letting Bradley stay to see if he can make an impact on either wing or in the number 10 / second striker position might have been a decision that wouldn't cost us much and might pay off. A low risk gamble compare to some of the other business we've done lately.

HIBS NUTS
07-11-2022, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't necessarily argue with that, but I'd expect Bradley would be relatively cheap, leaving us with more money within our budget to address the shortage of quality elsewhere (exactly as you say, on the left wing) that will presumably require us to spend a bit.

It strikes me that we're probably spending a decent amount on the squad players who aren't making an impact at the moment therefore letting Bradley stay to see if he can make an impact on either wing or in the number 10 / second striker position might have been a decision that wouldn't cost us much and might pay off. A low risk gamble compare to some of the other business we've done lately.
Iunless any player decides himself to leave, the club doesn’t save money off the wage bill, we would have to pay his full contract, this money isn’t saved, it just comes off future revenue.

Centre Hawf
07-11-2022, 06:24 PM
I think some people might need to reassess the players they think we can just get shot of in January.

Doidge is on loan to the end of the season with Killie so I can't imagine anything will happen with that until next summer, he may even have to go out on another loan until his contract is up, and McGeady won't be going anywhere as no one will consider signing him from us after his latest injury.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2022, 06:40 PM

Sorry, but I'm going to assume its pish. He will not be one of our higher earners. Probably the type of contract that may increase over time, or have large performance bonuses. His basic will not be silly high. If it is, we're idiots.

Youan hasn't been terrible as a winger, he played the matches in our best run of form and caused problems for sides, just his final decision, something entirely coach able, letting him down.

Youan has been our best left sided winger this season, we wont be getting rid.

Hibees1973
07-11-2022, 06:42 PM

Agreed. He's talked up so many of our new signings at some point. Bushiri, McGeady, Tavares and Kenneh to name just a few.

Sadly, the vast majority of them have failed so far and will require some miraculous coaching to improve them. I understand that most managers do this but Johnson is up there with the worst of them with his sound bites.

Well put....Tom Kite.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2022, 06:45 PM
Agreed. He's talked up so many of our new signings at some point. Bushiri, McGeady, Tavares and Kenneh to name just a few.

Sadly, the vast majority of them have failed so far and will require some miraculous coaching to improve them. I understand that most managers do this but Johnson is up there with the worst of them with his sound bites.

Well put....Tom Kite.

No way, manager backs his players. ****ing no way.

Kenneh and Rocky have been mostly very good, Tavares poor and McGeady injured. Tom kite indeed.

Stubbsy90+2
07-11-2022, 07:07 PM

If a player got released from a contract there’s a very good chance they won’t get the whole thing honoured.

For example, a player on 1k a week is on 52k a year. If they’ve got 2 years left that’s £104k.

They’ll get a payment when they’re released with them potentially getting a new club taken into account. So for example, if they get a new club on £500 a week, they may get £52k rather than £104k and they’ll be no worse off but they’ll get to play football. They may get £40k and be happier to be earning less but playing football or they may get £60k because of the uncertainty that’ll follow.

They’ll rarely get every penny of the rest of their contract paid up though or else clubs would just keep everybody until the end of their contracts to avoid paying lump sums and still have the option of making use of the player.

Greenio
07-11-2022, 07:10 PM
I'm sure Miller will come good.

He's barely played so not sure why so many people seem to be assured that he's not up to it

HoboHarry
07-11-2022, 07:16 PM
If a player got released from a contract there’s a very good chance they won’t get the whole thing honoured.

For example, a player on 1k a week is on 52k a year. If they’ve got 2 years left that’s £104k.

They’ll get a payment when they’re released with them potentially getting a new club taken into account. So for example, if they get a new club on £500 a week, they may get £52k rather than £104k and they’ll be no worse off but they’ll get to play football. They may get £40k and be happier to be earning less but playing football or they may get £60k because of the uncertainty that’ll follow.

They’ll rarely get every penny of the rest of their contract paid up though or else clubs would just keep everybody until the end of their contracts to avoid paying lump sums and still have the option of making use of the player.
Do you think that the club get to decide the amount of the pay-off? It may well be a lesser amount but only if the player/agent agrees to it.

Stubbsy90+2
07-11-2022, 07:20 PM
Do you think that the club get to decide the amount of the pay-off? It may well be a lesser amount but only if the player/agent agrees to it.

Of course they don’t, they negotiate it between the two.

I was more making the point as the post I quoted said they’d want the amount in full. A released player will almost never get that.

HIBS NUTS
07-11-2022, 07:24 PM

If a player is told he can leave, the manager wants rid of him as quick as possible, as it just leads to discontent amongst the squad.
However i do accept that often a compromise can be reached, but if it’s a long contract, a hefty sum would be required, therefor this nonsense about large amounts of wages been released for new players doesn’t stand up.
The club would still have less money than before.

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 07:25 PM

Well put....Tom Kite.
I don't think it would be in any managers interests to speak badly about his players ,it would be a bad move on there part imo. Also don't really see it has tom Kite talk either maybe more of a motivational or morale boasting talk which most managers seem to do with new players . I don't agree the vast majority have failed either both Tavares and bojang. are two young men away from families and there countries and need more time . Kennah has been excellent at times and Bushiri is looking like a quality player for us so why wouldn't Johnson talk them up ? Mcgeadys a quality player you just have to look at his career but has been unlucky with a injury bad luck just nothing more .Still can't work out who the vast majority you are on about that's failed .As to Lee Johnson being one of the worst for sound bites as you call it I think he has spoken very well and normally he's honest and Frank though if you think he's one of the worst you obviously haven't heard to much of Robbie Neilson and Jim Goodwin talking. 😂

Smartie
07-11-2022, 07:25 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to assume its pish. He will not be one of our higher earners. Probably the type of contract that may increase over time, or have large performance bonuses. His basic will not be silly high. If it is, we're idiots.

Youan hasn't been terrible as a winger, he played the matches in our best run of form and caused problems for sides, just his final decision, something entirely coach able, letting him down.

Youan started very strongly but seemed to lose everything about him that was great at the start of the season all of a sudden.

He's definitely one I'd be persevering with, to try to get back to the form he was in, even if I don't know if I'd be rushing him back into the starting line up right now.

"Get rid" talk is mental.

The Modfather
07-11-2022, 07:46 PM
Youan started very strongly but seemed to lose everything about him that was great at the start of the season all of a sudden.

He's definitely one I'd be persevering with, to try to get back to the form he was in, even if I don't know if I'd be rushing him back into the starting line up right now.

"Get rid" talk is mental.

I wonder if he’s another that would benefit, like Melkerson, from having a strike partner like Big Mike. I wonder if with the squad we have 3-5-2 and Boyle wing back gets the best out of the squad we have.

JimBHibees
07-11-2022, 08:34 PM

Well put....Tom Kite.

McGeady has been injured and Jair is probably still settling in to a different lifestyle and style of football. Personally would start him tomorrow. Other two have been good. Such a negative take

JimBHibees
07-11-2022, 08:36 PM
I'm sure Miller will come good.

He's barely played so not sure why so many people seem to be assured that he's not up to it

Personally think he will be an excellent signing

jeffers
07-11-2022, 08:46 PM

Where did I say he was one of our higher earners. I said for the money we are paying him I’d expect more from him than we are currently getting.

And I thought we’d come to some agreement that we wouldn’t comment on each other’s posts.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2022, 08:47 PM
With all due respect to Dundalk as a club and the Irish league in general I doubt it's where Hibs are going to be sending the players they have the highest hopes for.

Not surprised by the news about Bradley and it wouldn't shock me to see similar said about Hague in the coming days.

Smartie
07-11-2022, 08:57 PM
With all due respect to Dundalk as a club and the Irish league in general I doubt it's where Hibs are going to be sending the players they have the highest hopes for.

Not surprised by the news about Bradley and it wouldn't shock me to see similar said about Hague in the coming days.

I’d be surprised if Dundalk and the Irish league in general were far behind the Scottish Premier League outwith Rangers and Celtic, if at all.

ancient hibee
07-11-2022, 09:01 PM
I’d be surprised if Dundalk and the Irish league in general were far behind the Scottish Premier League outwith Rangers and Celtic, if at all.

It's funny how we big up the SPFL against "smaller"leagues and then find out differently when games take place. Like Motherwell v Shamrock Rovers.

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2022, 09:02 PM
Where did I say he was one of our higher earners. I said for the money we are paying him I’d expect more from him than we are currently getting.

And I thought we’d come to some agreement that we wouldn’t comment on each other’s posts.
It's really nothing personal, I'll reply to anyone if I have something to contribute.

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 09:04 PM

League standard is well below Scottish premier though there is maybe 3 or 4 clubs that would give some Scottish premier clubs a good game Dundalk ,Derry city , Bohemians and Shamrock rovers. Don't forget Sligo rovers beat Motherwell in Europe as well recently I'd agree with you about Hague as well . Dundalk fans would like Bradley back though rumours Derry city and Bohemians wanting him too .
https://www.orielweb.com/dundalktalk/viewtopic.php?t=10608&sid=45a380fe65cd95259e1e2fb6eaff0fa9&start=60

Pretty Boy
07-11-2022, 09:07 PM

Even if that is the case, and having watched a lot of Irish football I have my doubts, I'd still argue it's not where Hibs are going to be sending players they expect to make an impact in the 1st team any time soon

Brightside
07-11-2022, 09:09 PM

They will get every penny unless they agree to a deal to be released. If he doesn’t have a team lined up he will get the whole amount.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2022, 09:09 PM
It's funny how we big up the SPFL against "smaller"leagues and then find out differently when games take place. Like Motherwell v Shamrock Rovers.

I'd argue the Irish league switching to summer football had as much to do with that result as anything.

Sligo were half way through their season, Motherwell had played a couple of kick abouts.

J-C
07-11-2022, 09:54 PM
Even if that is the case, and having watched a lot of Irish football I have my doubts, I'd still argue it's not where Hibs are going to be sending players they expect to make an impact in the 1st team any time soon

Do we not generally send young players to Championship clubs for game time to develop, I'd think Dundalk was at least as good if not better than most top 6 Championship teams.

Tambo
07-11-2022, 10:26 PM
I am surprised about Bradley , thought he looked quite good anytime I seen him . Article says we will try and move on several fringe players
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/steven-bradleys-hibs-january-exit-25455965

Me too, from what I've seen of him he should be giving a chance.

A loan move for Jair could be good also.

Donegal Hibby
07-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Me too, from what I've seen of him he should be giving a chance.

A loan move for Jair could be good also.
Yeah , I thought he looked promising when I seen him too . Loan move for Jair might not be a bad idea ,think he's got talent though if he was loaned out I'd rather see him stay in Scotland to get use to the style of game that's played

Stubbsy90+2
08-11-2022, 09:31 AM
They will get every penny unless they agree to a deal to be released. If he doesn’t have a team lined up he will get the whole amount.

They will rarely get released if they’re getting the full amount. The club would keep them and pay them their wage as it falls due rather than find hundreds of thousands of pounds in one go to then not be any better off financially but also lose the ability to utilise the player as well.

Players regularly get released without a club lined up and take a negotiated deal because they expect to get something lined up at some point. It’s really just all a negotiating game, but players next to never get released and get their full contract paid up whether they have a new team lined up or not. You’ll then get players every so often who end up kicking their heels for ages because they won’t accept a negotiated settlement.

Dalianwanda
08-11-2022, 09:36 AM

Ahem....It was Sligo Rovers who pumped them out, dont muddle us with shams :greengrin And its certaonly to do with seasonn over here being half way through, think Motherwell had played one friendly or something redic...Its counted as one of the greatest results in their history now.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2022, 09:47 AM
Albeit i've only seen a little of Bradley, what i did see i thought was good.

He was one i did think would come back and have a chance if given one.

Saying that, we do have to trust the folk who see more of him than we do.

CapitalGreen
08-11-2022, 09:53 AM
They will rarely get released if they’re getting the full amount. The club would keep them and pay them their wage as it falls due rather than find hundreds of thousands of pounds in one go to then not be any better off financially but also lose the ability to utilise the player as well.

Players regularly get released without a club lined up and take a negotiated deal because they expect to get something lined up at some point. It’s really just all a negotiating game, but players next to never get released and get their full contract paid up whether they have a new team lined up or not. You’ll then get players every so often who end up kicking their heels for ages because they won’t accept a negotiated settlement.

By releasing them the club can avoid paying bonuses, pension contributions, insurance premiums and other costs which would be due if they remained employed by the club.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2022, 09:53 AM

Well put....Tom Kite.

I realise that you never have a positive word to say about Hibs, but the vast majority have failed?

Bushiri and Kenneh have succeeded so that's 2 out of the 4 you have mentioned. McGeady can't be said to have failed because he's been injured. Unless you're saying Kevin Nisbet has also failed.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2022, 09:57 AM
By releasing them the club can avoid paying bonuses, pension contributions, insurance premiums and other costs which would be due if they remained employed by the club.

Beat me to it.

ancient hibee
08-11-2022, 03:51 PM
Ahem....It was Sligo Rovers who pumped them out, dont muddle us with shams :greengrin And its certaonly to do with seasonn over here being half way through, think Motherwell had played one friendly or something redic...Its counted as one of the greatest results in their history now.

Oops. These foreign places are all Dutch to me.:greengrin

Spent a great holiday in Greystones many years ago.