PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody name all the Hearts fans on Sportsound?

ekhibee
05-11-2022, 03:30 PM
Just so we know just how impartial Sportsound really is...

Apologies by the way, I know this isn't really a Hibs related thread. Kind of.

Hibbyradge
05-11-2022, 03:42 PM
I've got a name for them...

Carheenlea
05-11-2022, 03:58 PM
Basically - “Sportsound”

Bostonhibby
05-11-2022, 04:02 PM
I can't tell the difference between the fans, the admirers, the apologists and the sycophants but that covers the entire team I think.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2022, 04:02 PM
BBC Heartz

Jim44
05-11-2022, 04:03 PM
We know there is a Jambo bias, but let’s not forget the anti Hibs faction, which includes more than Jambo muppetism.

Ps. I’m sure I heard both clowns on Off The Ball describe Levein as a ‘wonderful studio guest’. They would make you want to vomit.

A Hi-Bee
05-11-2022, 04:23 PM
Soccerscene
**** the hertz
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-11-2022, 04:30 PM
We know there is a Jambo bias, but let’s not forget the anti Hibs faction, which includes more than Jambo muppetism.

Ps. I’m sure I heard both clowns on Off The Ball describe Levein as a ‘wonderful studio guest’. They would make you want to vomit.

Tbf on the more light hearted stuff I quite like Levein. He's very dry but quite funny with it. Sacked in The Morning is well worth a listen, largely due to the calibre of guests they often get but Levein plays his part.

Still a Hertz **** obviously.

Jim44
05-11-2022, 04:36 PM
Tbf on the more light hearted stuff I quite like Levein. He's very dry but quite funny with it. Sacked in The Morning is well worth a listen, largely due to the calibre of guests they often get but Levein plays his part.

Still a Hertz **** obviously.

……. but he plays a part he doesn’t deserve, a footballing tosser in my opinion.

Jones28
05-11-2022, 05:40 PM
You know you’re struggling for impartiality when the Hibs flavoured guest is Jim ****ing Duffy, who rarely has a good word to say about us. Aberdeen games always have Willie Miller, an Aberdeen legend, Celtic games always have Bonner, a Celtic legend, Hearts games are rarely covered by anyone other than Alan Preston, Levein or some other hearts supporter.

There is literally no one on the show to represent Hibs.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2022, 06:45 AM
You know there’s something skewed when the Venn diagram of Sportsound and Jambo cheerleaders is comprises circles of exact same size - stacked on on top of each other, with no overlaps - ie on in the same…

So what?

This what :

- little / no lobbying on our behalf
- less positive exposure
- no one that can tie in with Hibs marketing strategy / promotion of club initiatives
- no bias to counter the biases of others online/air to stop a pile on

promotion of the club is inoart about product placement the exposure (or lack of) leaves us feeding off scraps. Surely if you’re a kid you want your team to be given sufficient coverage? It’s not just Hibs that suffers but out of the top 5 clubs it’s really skewed to the uglies, Yams and Dons imo

Carheenlea
06-11-2022, 06:55 AM
You know there’s something skewed when the Venn diagram of Sportsound and Jambo cheerleaders is comprises circles of exact same size - stacked on on top of each other, with no overlaps - ie on in the same…

So what?

This what :

- little / no lobbying on our behalf
- less positive exposure
- no one that can tie in with Hibs marketing strategy / promotion of club initiatives
- no bias to counter the biases of others online/air to stop a pile on

promotion of the club is inoart about product placement the exposure (or lack of) leaves us feeding off scraps. Surely if you’re a kid you want your team to be given sufficient coverage? It’s not just Hibs that suffers but out of the top 5 clubs it’s really skewed to the uglies, Yams and Dons imo

The show is dull, stale and predictable. Same chat, same guests and same clichéd sound bytes every week. Hibs are probably better off out of it to be honest.

The days of relying on the BBC for info or content has long gone.

s2hart
06-11-2022, 07:00 AM
I stopped listening to sportsound a long time ago, it was getting tiresome especially the negative slant on Hibs. I'm not sure if he is on it but certainly appears on Off the ball is Hugh MacDonald, I always enjoy listening to him and he always comes across well, am missing something with him apart from him being a big celtc fan?

truehibernian
06-11-2022, 08:56 AM
Craig Levein, Michael Stewart, Allan Preston, Brian McLaughlin, Paul Mitchell all confirmed Jambos.

Neil McCann and Derek Ferguson with obvious bias to add to the mix.

The ‘Hibs’ minded ones are Kenny (Miller), John Collins (rarely on), Yogi (rarely on), and Kheridine Idessane.

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2022, 10:25 AM
***** is a good word for them

ekhibee
06-11-2022, 03:09 PM
Craig Levein, Michael Stewart, Allan Preston, Brian McLaughlin, Paul Mitchell all confirmed Jambos.

The ‘Hibs’ minded ones are Kenny (Miller), John Collins (rarely on), Yogi (rarely on), and Kheridine Idessane.

I thought Khweridine Idessane is a Yam?

JeMeSouviens
07-11-2022, 02:43 PM
I thought Khweridine Idessane is a Yam?

He's a Celtc fan. His real name is Keridine. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
07-11-2022, 02:45 PM

Kenny Miller? He might have a (very) wee nostalgic soft spot for Hibs but 99.99% of his focus is Sevco.

JimBHibees
07-11-2022, 03:09 PM
Kenny Miller? He might have a (very) wee nostalgic soft spot for Hibs but 99.99% of his focus is Sevco.

Absolutely

truehibernian
07-11-2022, 03:41 PM

That’s why I said Hibs minded, he’s a Rangers fan and JC is a Celtic fan. Yogi is a Hibs fan (not in his youth) and I think Kheredine is too. Not forgetting wee Pat. Kenny definitely has a huge soft spot for us though 👍

Craig P was the only born and bred Hibee but they sadly sidelined him which was a shame as he was a very good and fair pundit.

Jones28
07-11-2022, 04:38 PM
For all he’s a hearts fud I do like Alan Preston. Yeah he goes on about his jamboness but how I’d love to hear someone on who was a Hibs centric as he is.

green day
07-11-2022, 04:44 PM
For all he’s a hearts fud I do like Alan Preston. Yeah he goes on about his jamboness but how I’d love to hear someone on who was a Hibs centric as he is.
Hearts through and through, bleeds maroon etc etc........except when he was at high school and was a Rangers fan before he changed when he signed for hearts.

He's an erse.

Jones28
07-11-2022, 05:27 PM
Hearts through and through, bleeds maroon etc etc........except when he was at high school and was a Rangers fan before he changed when he signed for hearts.

He's an erse.

I didn’t know that about him. Where did he go to school?

gbhibby
07-11-2022, 05:29 PM
The Muppets.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2022, 05:34 PM

I don't really mind Preston either.

Tbh I can't get that worked up about this Sportsound bias. I only listen for about half an hour in the car on the way to the game on a Saturday and maybe a bit longer on the way home so maybe I miss it but it just seems to be endless circular discussion about Rangers and Celtic whenever I catch it. As it was 25 years ago and as it will be 25 years in the future. Maybe all the Hearts bias and anti Hibs rhetoric is reserved for the midweek shows I don't listen to.

I don't think Hibs have been all that hard to criticise in recent years, I get why people feel protective of the club but I'd wager a chunk of it is justified. Plenty where revelling in it when Mikey Stewart was putting the boot into Rangers and Hearts on a weekly basis. Now he's having a go at us he's the devil incarnate.

There are some who just want to hate all coverage of Scottish football. Our own in house pundits get it from them to time for daring to criticise. A View From The Terrace gets it, Sportsound gets it, Off the Ball gets it, Sportscene gets it, various podcasts get it. Maybe if someone wrapped themselves up in a Hibs duvet and just showed footage of them watching the 2016 cup final on repeat there would be a positive review or 2.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-11-2022, 05:45 PM
The shenanigans from English during the whole relegation debacle and claiming budge had brought money to the spfl was nothing short of embarrassing. Especially true when it was called out by Doncaster live on air

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2022, 09:33 PM
The shenanigans from English during the whole relegation debacle and claiming budge had brought money to the spfl was nothing short of embarrassing. Especially true when it was called out by Doncaster live on air

As I said/wrote at the time - has to set a Guinness world record for the Longest on-air interview for a job (Head of Comms at Hearts)…

ACLeith
08-11-2022, 06:18 PM
I didn’t know that about him. Where did he go to school?

Leith Academy?

Colinton Hibby
08-11-2022, 11:11 PM
Completely baffled as to how Craig Leven gets a job as an expert on there. This is a guy who won zero as a player and a manager and was a total laughing stock while in charge of Scotland after the 6-4-0 game. He’s even got his own show with one of the daft lassies they feel obliged to have on. Embarrassment.

MelbourneHibees
08-11-2022, 11:30 PM
Completely baffled as to how Craig Leven gets a job as an expert on there. This is a guy who won zero as a player and a manager and was a total laughing stock while in charge of Scotland after the 6-4-0 game. He’s even got his own show with one of the daft lassies they feel obliged to have on. Embarrassment.

If having won something is the pass mark for being a pundit then we will be stuck with a lot of Old Firm players as pundits.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-11-2022, 01:29 AM
You know you’re struggling for impartiality when the Hibs flavoured guest is Jim ****ing Duffy, who rarely has a good word to say about us. Aberdeen games always have Willie Miller, an Aberdeen legend, Celtic games always have Bonner, a Celtic legend, Hearts games are rarely covered by anyone other than Alan Preston, Levein or some other hearts supporter.

There is literally no one on the show to represent Hibs.

What happened to Paterson? He used to give us the benefit of the doubt. Same with Nevin