PDA

View Full Version : Tonight we were undone by unfortunate circumstances

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 09:44 PM
Long time since I posted but I enjoyed the way we played tonight.
Never a penalty Aberdeen player launched himself before any contact made
Having seen that completely obvious dive given as a free kick in the second half by the same player it's unbelievable the level of refereeing we put up with, an example being Porteous being penalised for a throw in taken three feet away from where the ball went in to touch in the first half.
Haven't seen that given against any other team this season.
Newel cost us the second goal and Porteous let the ball run across him for the fourth not knowing the Aberdeen player was waiting.
If Porteous won't sign his contract by January I would play Fish and see if we can extend his loan .
I love the way Porteous wears his heart on his sleeve but it's time to sign or move on.
I also think given a chance Mckirdy and Taveres could be players given Rocky as an example and I think Newel player of the season so far.
Looking forward to the next two fixtures and confident of two wins next two games.
Just my opinion penalty not given Hibs win that game and we'll beat Aberdeen next two fixtures.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2022, 09:46 PM
Having seen that completely obvious dive given as a free kick in the second half by the same player it's unbelievable the level of refereeing we put up with, an example being Porteous being penalised for a throw in taken three feet away from where the ball went in to touch in the first half.
Newel cost us the second goal and Porteous let the ball run across him for the fourth not knowing the Aberdeen player was waiting.
If Porteous won't sign his contract by January I would play Fish and see if we can extend his loan .
I love the way Porteous wears his heart on his sleeve but it's time to sign or move on.
I also think given a chance Mckirdy and Taveres could be players given Rocky as an example and I think Newel player of the season so far.
Looking forward to the next two fixtures and confident of two wins next two games.
Just my opinion penalty not given Hibs win that game and we'll beat Aberdeen next two fixtures.

Add that excuse to the others.

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 09:48 PM
Nope honest opinion Newel and Porteous cost us two unavoidable goals it was never a penalty the boy launched himself before any contact.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2022, 09:53 PM
Nope honest opinion Newel and Porteous cost us two unavoidable goals it was never a penalty the boy launched himself before any contact.

There will be another opinion next time we get stuffed, probably our strip was too green or something irrelivant like that, but it will just be another excuse to add to the countless others.

Hibees1973
04-11-2022, 09:54 PM
In any game there is going to be adversity at some point.

It's how you cope, react and overcome it that defines who you are.

After the penalty this Hibs team collapsed tonight and deserved nothing.

Scotty Leither
04-11-2022, 09:56 PM
How many times have we scored more than one goal a game in the league this season? We can’t keep making excuses, I’m done with them at Hibs.

Donegal Hibby
04-11-2022, 09:57 PM
Actually agree with you , thought we were better team up until a crazy decision cost us .More possession, shots , there is issues with our team but we are not as bad as some are making out we are imo

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 09:58 PM
I'm not giving excuses I'm just being realistic.
Second half was poor and Aberdeen were a long way away from being a good team in my opinion.
We need to be more aggressive and more ruthless further up the park.
That Don's defense looks shaky to me and if Boyle is fit he should be playing he's a Hibs player first and foremost .
Again just my opinion.

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 10:02 PM
Hi Donegal Hibby, I have family in Glenties, probably misspelt that .
Anyhoo they are Sweeney's and my mum's name is Molly Malone.
Love Donegal good Guinness!

john rossi
04-11-2022, 10:03 PM
Excuses excuses 4-1 is a thrashing pretty football 1st half no end product second half capitulation

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 10:07 PM
Eh I said Newel and Porteous cost us two goals and it's never a penalty how are these excuses.
At no point did I think Aberdeen were the better team they just got the rub of the Green.
Maybe your looking for excuses I'm dealing with what happened.
Alright Aberdeen were brilliant and we were *****, is that better.

A Hi-Bee
04-11-2022, 10:07 PM

Kind of thing robbie replay might say, I have never enjoyed the way we have played when we get beat 4-1

john rossi
04-11-2022, 10:10 PM
Excuses excuses 4-1 is a thrashing pretty football 1st half no end product second half capitulation

Crab apple
04-11-2022, 10:11 PM

No arguing with that. Penalty was a clear dive made worse because VAR gave it. Newell lost his man for their second. What we need to address is our awful form away from home. We seem to lose confidence when we lose the first goal and never look like recovering. Total opposite from our home form this season.

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 10:13 PM
Good point it's sore when you lose 4-1 but there's a long way to go and I think there are positives going forward.
We are just not Aggressive enough and don't put opposition defence under enough pressure.
We don't score enough goals through pressure and defensive mistakes.
Unfortunately we lost two goals that were completely unacceptable through our own mistakes.

Greencore
04-11-2022, 10:14 PM
Aberdeen took their chances, we didn't.

supermcginn
04-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Losing 4 1 to that lot isn't unfortunate. The players will have seen the penalty at half time and then they come out and play like that? They should have been out there absolutely chomping at the bit to right the wrong. Losers mentality and it shows no sign of changing. Sick of it

distant hibby
04-11-2022, 10:21 PM
Losing 4 1 to that lot isn't unfortunate. The players will have seen the penalty at half time and then they come out and play like that? They should have been out there absolutely chomping at the bit to right the wrong. Losers mentality and it shows no sign of changing. Sick of it

Yeh we lack aggression we need more bite to back up our play.
Just not our night tonight sometimes that's just how it goes.

beensaidbefore
04-11-2022, 11:02 PM

Saved me typing very similar.

First half we hammered them without being clinical. They were well set up to repell our attacks and thats where we need to up our game. Could have been 2 or 3 up with the amount of pressure/opportunities if we were more clinical. Penalty decision was wrong. Boy dived, had both arms out befire Marshall had touched him. VAR and the decision award the penalty changed the game. If we could turn the flair and potential chances into goals we could be a very good side.

That said, stupid fouls and slack passes again by a few players. Despite the scoreline I think we should have won and were by far the better football team.

One Day Soon
04-11-2022, 11:24 PM

Mate, we lost 4-1. We melted to St Johnstone like warm butter too. Something is badly amiss there.

Trinity Hibee
04-11-2022, 11:30 PM
4-1 against a team who we repeatedly fail against. Tonight is as Hibs as a result as you will get. F’ing embrassing

Alfred E Newman
04-11-2022, 11:40 PM
I didn't expect us to get a result up there tonight. It's not what we do so the disappointment is fairly muted.
I was angrier after the St Johnstone and Dundee United games because I actually thought we might get something from those games.
Tonight is just more proof that we follow a pretty average team that will have the odd good result but when it comes to the crunch they will always let you down.
It's the Hibs way.

Trinity Hibee
04-11-2022, 11:45 PM
I didn't expect us to get a result up there tonight. It's not what we do so the disappointment is fairly muted.
I was angrier after the St Johnstone and Dundee United games because I actually thought we might get something from those games.
Tonight is just more proof that we follow a pretty average team that will have the odd good result but when it comes to the crunch they will always let you down.
It's the Hibs way.

This is it the fact we all expect this crap says it all. Players who dont give 2 ****s if we win or not. I’ve only seen 2 or 3 Hibs teams in my 30 odd years which is a ****ing sad state of affairs really. Aberdeen are ****ing crap and the have horsed us yet again. I’m done with this ****

Donegal Hibby
04-11-2022, 11:52 PM
Mate, we lost 4-1. We melted to St Johnstone like warm butter too. Something is badly amiss there.
Better team first half though . We had the best of the play , while they looked like a team away from home trying to counter attack us. Also beat St Johnstone away from home , battered both St mirren ,Dons ,Great fighting team effort against hertz and sevco too . This is a bit like the two men in the pub story both have half a pint each left , ones sad and miserable cause his pints half empty yet other guys smiling and happy cause his pints half full. You seem to have a half empty outlook on Hibs while some of us have a half full outlook on our team . Don't mean any disrespect to you on this btw 👍

Real Emerald
05-11-2022, 12:21 AM
How many times have we scored more than one goal a game in the league this season? We can’t keep making excuses, I’m done with them at Hibs.

That is the real problem, we can dominate all we like but we’re simply terrible at getting the ball in the net. Our final ball is mostly awful and when we do play someone it the finishing is unbelievably bad. Most of our shots on target are sclaffed pass backs and the rest go miles over the bar. So frustrating.

Stokesy's on fire
05-11-2022, 12:34 AM
Aberdeen took their chances, we didn't.

Kinda helps when the ref gives them a few extra chances to go 1 0 up. Aberdeen and Rangers for some reason get gifted pens all the time.

Donegal Hibby
05-11-2022, 12:51 AM
Kind of thing robbie replay might say, I have never enjoyed the way we have played when we get beat 4-1
First half was enjoyable we played some good stuff imo and first half was 0-0 untill we got shafted by a awful decision !

Donegal Hibby
05-11-2022, 01:46 AM
It's the Hibs way.
I totally disagree with your post that we are a pretty average team btw we are no worse than anyone else in the league outside the old firm . You state when it comes to the crunch Hibs always let you down and " it's the Hibs way " you mean like 1991 ,2007, 2016 cup winners when it came down to crunch and Hibs did it the Hibs way ?

Alfred E Newman
05-11-2022, 08:55 AM
Fair enough, to say they always let you down is a bit extreme.
I was at all of the finals you list as well as the 1972 league cup final so yes , we are occasionally rewarded. I was too young to go to the 1958 final but have been at every other final since then, 18 in total if you count the 3 in 1979. A measly 4 wins, no matter how enjoyable they were, is a pretty poor return.
On our day we probably are no worse or better than most of the teams in the league which is average in my book.

hibsbollah
05-11-2022, 09:13 AM
I didn’t watch the game but according to the match thread we were completely dominant until the var decision and then key individual defensive mistakes were the cause of the second half collapse. We led in most of the stat lines despite losing 4-1. This all leads to the conclusion that the tactics the coaching and the management isn’t the problem, it’s individual issues, players not hitting the target, players not marking properly. While that’s concerning, you’ve got to think at some point strikers are going to hit form?

B.H.F.C
05-11-2022, 09:37 AM
I didn’t watch the game but according to the match thread we were completely dominant until the var decision and then key individual defensive mistakes were the cause of the second half collapse. We led in most of the stat lines despite losing 4-1. This all leads to the conclusion that the tactics the coaching and the management isn’t the problem, it’s individual issues, players not hitting the target, players not marking properly. While that’s concerning, you’ve got to think at some point strikers are going to hit form?

I don’t think it’s really about players hitting form, they just lack the required quality to do anything consistently.

We were totally in control of the game but we are toothless going forward and lack guts when something goes against us.

blackpoolhibs
05-11-2022, 10:57 AM

We did dominate, we actually dominate most games in this league, but we really only dominate between both boxes, then the big bad men take the ball off us and score against us.

Its not fair.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2022, 11:43 AM
We did dominate, we actually dominate most games in this league, but we really only dominate between both boxes, then the big bad men take the ball off us and score against us.

Its not fair.

Is your patience starting to wear a little thin G?