PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Bushiri

Since452
29-10-2022, 04:43 PM
Happy to admit I was wrong about him. He's been very impressive this season. We'll be lucky to hold on to him if he continues to perform as he has been.

hibee_girl
29-10-2022, 04:46 PM
He was excellent today.

Loved his celebration when he made a tackle in the box in the second half.

Allant1981
29-10-2022, 04:47 PM
Yip has been playing well since the start of the season, like a different player to the one we seen last season

Brightside
29-10-2022, 04:49 PM
He excels in a back 3.

Callum_62
29-10-2022, 04:50 PM
I hope whoever mistakenly signed him wasnt punted

Has all the attributes to be a fantastic centre half

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
29-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Was very good today and has been for a few games, good to see young players progressing and getting better and better.

:flag::flag::flag:

Real Emerald
29-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Brilliant performance 👏👏

SChibs
29-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Loving his aggression in the air. Reminds me of Darren Mcgregor 2015-2018. Was absolutely excellent today

Hillsidehibby
29-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Excellent he was

Trinity Hibee
29-10-2022, 05:18 PM
He excels in a back 3.

Definitely. The back 4 last year left him too exposed.

Pretty Boy
29-10-2022, 05:49 PM
I think Rocky is proof that a player can actually make fans change their minds if their attitude and performances leave them no choice.

He was like a man possessed today, so fired up for the game and you could see and hear the fans responding to it. He's gone from being an easy target and a bit of a joke figure to a cult hero and that's all on him. He's earned all the love he is getting and proved plenty people, myself included, well wrong.

Good on him and I hope he's enjoying his hard earned popularity.

Tyler Durden
29-10-2022, 05:55 PM
Clearly a tougher test next week but now after 2 games with the same “back 5” we should be well prepared for the sort of defensive showing required.

Kenneh was also excellent today, along with Rocky.

SON OF PADDY
29-10-2022, 06:29 PM
Well deserved Man of the match,keep up the good work Rocky 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

CapitalGreen
29-10-2022, 06:57 PM
Standing ovation and loud cheers when he walked through the Albion Bar post match, loads of kids after pictures with the main man.

Big_Franck
29-10-2022, 08:34 PM
Standing ovation and loud cheers when he walked through the Albion Bar post match, loads of kids after pictures with the main man.

Great to hear, I'm sure he loved that. As someone else above said, he's definitely more suited to playing in a back 3 and he was immense today. He's so quick when he gets going, it's a great asset to have at the back.

gbhibby
29-10-2022, 08:39 PM
He is fast becoming a cult hero at the club.
Hope he keeps improving as he has the eye of the 🐯

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2022, 08:48 PM
Now and again there are players the fans don't take to at the beginning for whatever reason. In Rocky's case he did look shaky when he was on loan here, nobody could pretend they were overjoyed when he signed a contract with us and it wasn't nice to see a player upset as he was at the lack of support from the fans, but that support has to be earned.

As the season has gone on Rocky is earning that support in spades, he's been solid whenever he's played and today was probably his best performance in a Hibs shirt, the fact that a defender won the MOM award in a 3 - 0 win and everybody agreed with it says everything, he was excellent on the ball and at times looked like a man possessed when trying to win it back .... keep going like that mate and the folk who were confused we signed you will be greetin' the day you leave :aok:

LustForLeith
29-10-2022, 08:49 PM
He’s providing many, many people wrong.

Still ashamed that a Hibs player asked the club why the fans don’t like him. Thankfully there’s a lot of fans who do like him

bingo70
29-10-2022, 08:51 PM
I actually thought he had a really shaky first half hour and I was worried he was going to have a howler. Recovered from that well though.

Hibee Mac
29-10-2022, 08:57 PM
Making me eat my words a bit, he played very well today. A few great tackles and just a no nonsense centre back with a great attitude.

JamesHFC
29-10-2022, 09:01 PM
A fine example of not writing a player off after a few games. He's a really nice guy and a promising young player. Great fit for Hibs.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-10-2022, 09:11 PM
Was brilliant today. Well deserved MoM. Never lost a header all day. Was so good. Delighted for him.

B.H.F.C
29-10-2022, 09:30 PM
Now and again there are players the fans don't take to at the beginning for whatever reason. In Rocky's case he did look shaky when he was on loan here, nobody could pretend they were overjoyed when he signed a contract with us and it wasn't nice to see a player upset as he was at the lack of support from the fans, but that support has to be earned.

As the season has gone on Rocky is earning that support in spades, he's been solid whenever he's played and today was probably his best performance in a Hibs shirt, the fact that a defender won the MOM award in a 3 - 0 win and everybody agreed with it says everything, he was excellent on the ball and at times looked like a man possessed when trying to win it back .... keep going like that mate and the folk who were confused we signed you will be greetin' the day you leave :aok:

I just thought he wasn’t very good and folk said so.

He’s now playing a lot better and people are also saying so.

I don’t think anybody ever hated him or anything like that. Similar to Campbell earlier this season, folk generally call what they see and actually want our players to do well.

hibees 7062
29-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Just watched the hertz game again. Before we scored he was very unlucky but I just noticed Tefal heed punched him just when he heads the ball

Carheenlea
29-10-2022, 09:51 PM
One in particular proper no-nonsense tackle which must have made his opponents think twice after that. Keeps it simple and defends robustly. A fine presence at the back.

Unseen work
30-10-2022, 07:08 AM
Since the start of pre season he has been very good in most games.

His game looks like it’s been simplified alot and it’s doing wonders for him.

His pace and strength is a huge bonus in this league especially against guys like Ayunga and Main who use that to try and bully defenders.

I also like how the St Mirren tv commentators started the game saying he’s he weak link and by the end of it were saying how wrong they got it, his poor reputation doesn’t appear fair and that he was brilliant and never gave them a sniff.

offshorehibby
30-10-2022, 07:14 AM
LJ on Rocky

https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1586410746958725123

Johnny_Leith
30-10-2022, 07:55 AM
Amazing what having a competent manager. In place can do for a player. He looked hopeless last year but this season has looked anything but and is getting better by the game.

Phil MaGlass
30-10-2022, 08:03 AM
Well deserved Man of the match,keep up the good work Rocky 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I need to eat humble pie, I have slated Newell, but yesterday he was my motm by a mile.

Heisenberg
30-10-2022, 08:36 AM
He’s improved so much on yesterdays evidence. Very good performance.

WhileTheChief..
30-10-2022, 09:01 AM
I think Rocky is proof that a player can actually make fans change their minds if their attitude and performances leave them no choice.

He was like a man possessed today, so fired up for the game and you could see and hear the fans responding to it. He's gone from being an easy target and a bit of a joke figure to a cult hero and that's all on him. He's earned all the love he is getting and proved plenty people, myself included, well wrong.

Good on him and I hope he's enjoying his hard earned popularity.

Agree with this but i don't think it's about proving folk wrong.

He was easy target when we was playing poorly and got stick. He's now playing well and getting praise.

As you say, it's all on him for the improvement we've seen and we've responded in kind to it.

We, as a fan base, are generally pretty good at calling things as we see it. We're also usually bang on.

He should be an inspiration to other players around him now. Play well and you'll get all the love in the world from us!

SON OF PADDY
30-10-2022, 09:32 AM
I need to eat humble pie, I have slated Newell, but yesterday he was my motm by a mile.

That's why we all have our own opinions, Newell was very good as well.

Keith_M
30-10-2022, 09:40 AM
I just thought he wasn’t very good and folk said so.

He’s now playing a lot better and people are also saying so.

I don’t think anybody ever hated him or anything like that. Similar to Campbell earlier this season, folk generally call what they see and actually want our players to do well.

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

Donegal Hibby
30-10-2022, 09:44 AM
LJ said when he came to the club Rocky was one he would happily thought about moving on but now he wouldn't let him go for 10 Million (think that last bit LJ is getting carried away a wee bit. 😂 ).
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reaction-how-to-hold-crowd-the-ps10m-player-australian-auditions-player-ratings-3898611

Jones28
30-10-2022, 10:22 AM
Love the big fella, thought he was class on his debut keeping that big huddy for Motherwell quiet and the treatment he received was a disgrace (getting shoved in to advertising hoardings etc), he definitely dipped in quality and you could see his confidence was shot by the end of last season but the criticism he was getting was so over the score.

Absolutely delighted he’s come back and prove himself to be a great addition. Worth beating in mind that he’s only 22 so he’s got a long way to go in the game.

30-10-2022, 08:04 PM
LJ said when he came to the club Rocky was one he would happily thought about moving on but now he wouldn't let him go for 10 Million (think that last bit LJ is getting carried away a wee bit. 😂 ).
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-reaction-how-to-hold-crowd-the-ps10m-player-australian-auditions-player-ratings-3898611

Some thick Hearts fans think £10m is a serious valuation. Hyperbole is obviously a concept they're unable to grasp.

Northernhibee
30-10-2022, 08:16 PM

LJ comes across as a fan of the sport. I really like it. Comments like this, also "someone being due a pasting", "you're not wrong there mate, but we'll get there", and jumping about like a lunatic at Boyle's equaliser in the derby.

There are a lot of very bland managers out there and LJ isn't one of them. I like it.

bingo70
30-10-2022, 08:37 PM
LJ comes across as a fan of the sport. I really like it. Comments like this, also "someone being due a pasting", "you're not wrong there mate, but we'll get there", and jumping about like a lunatic at Boyle's equaliser in the derby.

There are a lot of very bland managers out there and LJ isn't one of them. I like it.

I think even his comments about VAR resonate with me. He never gave a stuffy non offensive answer about getting the calls right, he says he’s struggling with it as he doesn’t know how to celebrate a goal now and I imagine that’s the same as a lot of fans.

I think he speaks from the heart and people can relate to that. Compare that with managers who are media trained within an inch of their life to say nothing all the time I think it’s brilliant.

Donegal Hibby
30-10-2022, 08:47 PM

Yeah I really like it too ,he seems passionate about his football and conducts himself well , I remember him when Boyle equalised , he was jumping like a lunatic right enough ,you would never have got a Colin calderwood doing that .

ToulouseHibs
30-10-2022, 11:39 PM
The new Marv.B! Cult hero! I was well chuffed for his MOTM. Same against the sheep buddy!

hibees 7062
31-10-2022, 04:43 AM
Some thick Hearts fans think £10m is a serious valuation. Hyperbole is obviously a concept they're unable to grasp.
The same fans believed Driver was actually worth £15m

Libby Hibby
31-10-2022, 05:11 AM
Is it time to start singing the Rocky theme tune again from the stands in appreciation?

Iain G
31-10-2022, 06:06 AM

They probably think tynecastle is a hyperbowl, the stadium of the future 😁

Hibbyradge
31-10-2022, 01:40 PM
They probably think tynecastle is a hyperbowl, the stadium of the future 😁

Very good! 😃

Donegal Hibby
31-10-2022, 07:06 PM
Rocky Bushiri or The Belgian Brick wall had ten headers in our game ,the most in the league this weekend .

gbhibby
31-10-2022, 07:15 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1587158211701809152?t=1E93M3GGVFb72raJIk6wVg&s=19
Love it

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
31-10-2022, 07:56 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1587158211701809152?t=1E93M3GGVFb72raJIk6wVg&s=19
Love it

Brilliant stuff .Love his reaction after tackle . Class act 👍.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/five-things-we-learned-from-st-mirren-win

Since452
01-11-2022, 11:41 AM
Love it

That is class. Love that reaction.

01-11-2022, 08:41 PM
Fair play to him because he had the fans on his back last season but instead of going in the huff and chucking it he's got the head down and is provong a lot of people wrong.

Well done big guy :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2022, 03:17 AM
Fair play to him because he had the fans on his back last season but instead of going in the huff and chucking it he's got the head down and is provong a lot of people wrong.

Well done big guy :thumbsup:

So this fans in back thing… what if we just skipped that?

it appears that prior to his insta two words (“not wrong”) that McKirdy has been getting it tight in some quarters…

Do we as a support take more pride out of in “giving it tight” to players that are not in line with expectation OR backing them to support them through transitions / tough times?

Since452
02-11-2022, 08:08 AM
I can't think of a player who has changed peoples opinion as much in my lifetime watching Hibs. There have been a few who have gone from hero to zero like Kamberi, but none who have turned things around in a good way. Boyle went from pretty meh to well.. Martin Boyle but people were actually livid when Rocky happened to sign permanently to the point the player was asking why he was hated so much. Some turn around and huge credit to him.

HH81
02-11-2022, 08:10 AM
Just shows how bad the old management team was.

Class player this season.

hibsbollah
02-11-2022, 08:13 AM
I can't think of a player who has changed peoples opinion as much in my lifetime watching Hibs. There have been a few who have gone from hero to zero like Kamberi, but none who have turned things around in a good way. Boyle went from pretty meh to well.. Martin Boyle but people were actually livid when Rocky happened to sign permanently to the point the player was asking why he was hated so much. Some turn around and huge credit to him.

Claros would be a good shout too, but yes I agree.

I just think he’s our best defender at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2022, 08:27 AM

The thing is, the opinion was ridiculous. He was absolutely nothing like as bad as people were saying.

Stubbsy90+2
02-11-2022, 08:51 AM

I don’t think people were necessarily livid that Rocky had signed, it was more that we were told we’d signed him accidentally and didn’t want him. We were then actively looking to offload him. Throw in the bizarre statement where we almost managed to sound disappointed we’d signed him and I think it was much more the recruitment team that people were livid at rather than Rocky.

If we’d just signed Rocky deliberately, whilst people would have questioned his signing, myself included, I’m not sure people would have been livid.

That’s all done now though and he’s been a good signing this season. Hopefully he can start to put in these sort of performances as part of a back 4 going forward as well.

Northernhibee
02-11-2022, 09:10 AM
The thing is, the opinion was ridiculous. He was absolutely nothing like as bad as people were saying.
There were some games when he was absolutely abysmal. When Dabrowski made his debut he had a simple pass back that Dabrowski had to concede an indirect free kick as the pass back was going in. Dundee away was terrible.

Having said that, Rocky’s debut against Rangers was very impressive. He was very inconsistent in his loan spell and when he was good he was good, when he was bad he was absolutely terrible.

Full credit to him (and the coaches), not only have his good games this season improved, he’s been very consistent as well. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think he had it in him but he’s one of the first names on the team sheet just now and arguably been our best performer this season.

Donegal Hibby
02-11-2022, 09:19 AM
Don't think last year Rocky looked good in some games at all but he's certainly looked the real deal so far , think he's going to be a big player for us this year.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/exclusive-rocky-bushiri-reflects-on-hibs-wake-up-call-winning-over-the-fans-and-lee-johnsons-ps10m-comment-3901680

Hibbyradge
02-11-2022, 09:20 AM

Not everyone was livid at Rocky signing permanently. I liked him from the start, despite his obvious rawness. He's a footballer and I like that in centre backs. There were others with the same view.

As I remember it, most of the criticism was directed more towards Ian Gordon for allegedly messing up (again?) than it was at Rocky. People were furious that we'd been forced to sign a player we were told we didn't want, and who was meant to be returning to Norwich, because of an administrative error.

In any case, you're right, not many players win the fans over to such an extent (if if it's still not unanimous approval).

Another player who falls into that bracket is Lewis Stevenson. He was held in very low esteem by many (and despised by some) and is now a club legend and hero.

Bostonhibby
02-11-2022, 09:55 AM
I'm now a big Rocky fan, great admiration for how he has focused on proving himself on the pitch after a difficult start. I've seen some great no nonsense centre halves / defenders at Hibs, he is going to be one if he carries on as he has been.

I think he will prove to be an influential figure at our club.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Tambo
02-11-2022, 11:02 AM
No doubt last season he had some shakey moments but a player Will only improve from playing games.

So far this season he has looked good and long may it continue.

A song about him now also which will make him feel more loved than in the past.

EdinMike
03-11-2022, 06:19 AM
I think I messaged him on Twitter or Instagram, just after the signing debacle *let’s call it* and said something along the lines of “Try and not take notice of what people are saying, just do what do, they’ll see”

He actually said “Thank you brother” and the rest has been history. What an absolute “Rock” for of a better word.

hibsbollah
03-11-2022, 06:41 AM
I think I messaged him on Twitter or Instagram, just after the signing debacle *let’s call it* and said something along the lines of “Try and not take notice of what people are saying, just do what do, they’ll see”

He actually said “Thank you brother” and the rest has been history. What an absolute “Rock” for of a better word.

If you said ‘just do what do, they’ll see’, he probably wondered why Yoda was messaging him on Insta.

That’s nice though, I had a player message me back once in nice circumstances and it’s a good feeling.

Since452
03-11-2022, 11:02 AM
If you said ‘just do what do, they’ll see’, he probably wondered why Yoda was messaging him on Insta.

That’s nice though, I had a player message me back once in nice circumstances and it’s a good feeling.

Same. Jamie Maclaren replied to my message when i gave him some support. Was well chuffed.