PDA

View Full Version : BBC match report

RoxburghHibs
22-10-2022, 03:35 AM
Just read the BBC match report written by Clive Lindsay and it states “Hibs, perhaps inspired by their first capacity crowd in 33 years”.

I mean why would anyone even think this never mind write it in a match report. This is also written by an experienced Scottish football journalist 🤷*♂️

Carheenlea
22-10-2022, 06:33 AM
Just read the BBC match report written by Clive Lindsay and it states “Hibs, perhaps inspired by their first capacity crowd in 33 years”.

I mean why would anyone even think this never mind write it in a match report. This is also written by an experienced Scottish football journalist 🤷*♂️

It’s probably just a lack of any real interest and a good example of the standard of BBC football journalism, and also a good example why you can’t really trust anyone called Clive.

Fuzzywuzzy
22-10-2022, 06:43 AM
What about those called Derek?

LaMotta
22-10-2022, 07:35 AM

Its amazing how many people have misunderstood that the point is about biggest number of Hibs fans in the ground.

Aldo
22-10-2022, 07:37 AM
Its the BBC. Why are we so surprised. Lazy journalism!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number9dream
22-10-2022, 09:34 AM
It’s been changed to biggest home crowd now, so Clive must be looking in…

JimBHibees
22-10-2022, 10:20 AM
It’s been changed to biggest home crowd now, so Clive must be looking in…

And of course it is the biggest home crowd in the new stadium. We have had 65k in the past.

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2022, 11:56 AM
No doubt about it there's been massive confusion surrounding this game, but I suppose it's a wee bit understandable because for a lot of folk it's hard to get their heads around the subtle difference between biggest turnout of fans to support the home team and the actual overall attendance.

The crowd last night was 20,010 and Easter Road has exceeded that in it's current form several times over the last decade or so, but with the south stand not available to Hibs fans limiting tickets available to home fans to around 16,000.

Not to be a negative Nellie, but after last night I don't suppose we'll be threatening that 33 year high turnout of Hibs fans at ER any time soon. I don't tend to be affected by defeats too much these days, but I can't pretend I wasn't massively disappointed at full time last night in the full and certain knowledge that not for the first time in my 40 odd years going to ER Hibs had blown what was a huge chance to enthuse casual walk up fans and a whole pile of kids who were there about wanting to go back to Easter Road. I doubt the folk running Hibs need me to tell them what losing last night could have cost us, the three points was the least of it.

Such a shame :bitchy:

A Hi-Bee
22-10-2022, 12:10 PM
And of course it is the biggest home crowd in the new stadium. We have had 65k in the past.

Ha,ha very true they are just a load of overpaid phanneys best ignored if we can.
remove our business and they will eventually get the messege.
:na na:

CentreLine
22-10-2022, 01:21 PM

They don’t seem to be able to get their head round that the figure Hibs talked about was how many home supporters were in attendance versus the overall attendance. Too lazy to check that we have had numerous sellout crowds in the largest, all seater, football stadium in Edinburgh and the only one with a capacity of over 20,000

Edit: Nae Nooky beat me to it

Phil MaGlass
22-10-2022, 01:38 PM
F the ebc, pi5h and biased at sport and politics.

Colinton Hibby
22-10-2022, 04:25 PM
The Beeb have hated us since that day in May 2016. The amount of Huns on Soccerscene is embarrassing.

overdrive
22-10-2022, 04:36 PM
The Sky report never even mentioned the disallowed penalty but couldn’t get enough of Boyle’s dive.

Carheenlea
22-10-2022, 05:33 PM
What about those called Derek?

:hilarious

Steven1985
22-10-2022, 05:37 PM
What about those called Derek? Probably better not to trust Derek & Clive

Steven1985
22-10-2022, 05:46 PM
F the ebc, pi5h and biased at sport and politics. Or live in England for a bit. Everyone has heard of Hibs. No **** has heard of Hearts. It's lovely :-)