PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

JammyDoidger
21-10-2022, 09:46 PM
Don't care I'm posting it, our highest earner? Your not at the World Cup yet, get the finger out, Absoloutely ganting for weeks. If he had muller 14 on the back I wouldn't know the difference. Lead from the front. Much better needed next week! So dissapointing these past 3 matches after looking like we were heading in the right direction!

RossScott1991
21-10-2022, 09:56 PM
He will come good. So not really worried, so no real need for fans to go overboard as he’s got credit and trust in the bank. Still remains our biggest threat. More worried about others not being able to step up to the plate when boyles form dips. Shows you how important he is because you tend to notice it soo much more.

wookie70
21-10-2022, 09:57 PM
Don't care I'm posting it, our highest earner? Your not at the World Cup yet, get the finger out, Absoloutely ganting for weeks. If he had muller 14 on the back I wouldn't know the difference. Lead from the front. Much better needed next week! So dissapointing these past 3 matches after looking like we were heading in the right direction!

Very harshly put but I can't really disagree. He has lost the ball and taken the wrong option far too often and it would be interesting to see his GPS stats as he doesn't look to be working anywhere near as hard

ancient hibee
21-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Played as if he had his boots on the wrong feet.

loanheadhibby
21-10-2022, 09:58 PM

Boyle was absolutely dreadful tonight. He offers next to nothing. In his defence, we are so slow and ponderous getting the ball to him. Newell has to have 4 or 5 touches before he releases it.

Campbell offers nothing either.

B.H.F.C
21-10-2022, 10:04 PM
He’s had a poor couple of weeks. We’d be in a much worse position without Martin Boyle though.

Think the World Cup chat is lazy criticism, there isn’t a lack of effort. He might be showing a lack of quality at times, not effort though.

noucampos
21-10-2022, 10:05 PM
World Cup is a month away. Martin Boyle in full flow is only one bad tackle away from missing out on playing on the biggest stage of his career. It's not hard to see why he might be playing within himself.

Real Emerald
21-10-2022, 10:26 PM
He was awful tonight, really didn’t know where he was playing and it looked like he didn’t either.

JammyDoidger
21-10-2022, 10:30 PM
World Cup is a month away. Martin Boyle in full flow is only one bad tackle away from missing out on playing on the biggest stage of his career. It's not hard to see why he might be playing within himself.

This. His heads elsewhere, wether he means it or not, it's only natural but the manager has to manage this. Frustrating thing is Australia will get pumped in all 3 games and he's not even Australian..

I'm Spartacus
21-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Not performance related, but I don't think it was a yellow for the so called dive, he's then on thin ice after that :(

Zazu62
21-10-2022, 10:32 PM
World Cup mode

Del Boy
21-10-2022, 11:14 PM
Not the same player that left Hibs IMO. Not saying he’s hopeless or anything and certainly still gets in our team but for me he’s not as good as he was. Maybe still early days etc

Jones28
21-10-2022, 11:17 PM
He’d have been off before Myko imo.

darwenhibby
21-10-2022, 11:18 PM
Teams are doubling up on him
Stop Boyle you stop Hibs
Should free up other quality players
Some players are just weak

Carheenlea
21-10-2022, 11:18 PM
It wasn’t one of his better performances tonight, but by the same token, this isn’t one of the better threads on Hibs.net. Possibly one of the worst posts of the year and some of the replies aren’t much better either.

Forza Fred
22-10-2022, 03:58 AM
Teams are doubling up on him
Stop Boyle you stop Hibs
Should free up other quality players
Some players are just weak

Yep.

Unfortunately we have relied on him too often to turn a game on his own…..there needs to be other credible threats to pull defenders away from him.

theonlywayisup
22-10-2022, 06:45 AM
It wasn’t one of his better performances tonight, but by the same token, this isn’t one of the better threads on Hibs.net. Possibly one of the worst posts of the year and some of the replies aren’t much better either.

To be honest, I'd say your reply is just worse. There are clearly thousands of worse posts on Hibs.net than the OP and the replies it's had.

Martin Boyle is a club legend IMO and he's the one player I always think of who can turn a match in our favour. However, last night he was poor. Something wasn't right with him and there are some that are thinking the World Cup is on his mind. If I was Martin Boyle, given the opportunity of playing at the biggest tournament on the planet, it would be on my mind. In a second that can be taken away from you - just see what happened to Jota in the final seconds of the Liverpool game.

IMO, Boyle on a booking should have been replaced by Youan (who turned out to be equally ineffective).

B.H.F.C
22-10-2022, 08:33 AM

Totally agree. He’s not been at his best in the last few games but It’s back to looking to him to do something because there is a lack of ability elsewhere.

The World Cup criticism is lazy. Even playing pish last night he put one on a plate for Myko after about a minute. One on a plate for Youan just after he came on. Probably should have scored himself but the point is he broke his neck to get in to a position to score and got a sore one in doing so. That’s not someone thinking about being elsewhere, not getting hurt or whatever.

GreenCastle
22-10-2022, 08:53 AM
Boyle is the least of the teams worries.

He wasn’t getting great service last night and even 2nd half there was a chance to slip him through but the pass was over hit.

If Boyle hasn’t returned we would be near the bottom of the table.

Having a new born and World Cup in mind is probably affecting him to an extent.

Musselbound
23-10-2022, 12:12 AM
Not one of his best games by any means but didn't think Boyle was that bad at all on Friday. Didn't get the breaks but still looked a threat carrying the ball forward. Came close to finishing off a really good Hibs move that was similar to the goal against Rangers. If he'd put that away I'm not sure this thread would be here.

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2022, 01:26 AM
No doubt about it he has lacked end product over the last few games and does seem to have lost his mojo a wee bit. I'm kind of in the camp that he has the world cup on his mind, but that isn't a criticism, it's arguably the biggest sporting stage in the world of sport probably even surpassing the Olympic games, which is motivation enough IMO ... but more than that, if he can show up there and make an impression, especially against the likes of France or Denmark, then that life changing move he thought he had acquired could still happen. I know they say never spend money on an unknown player on the back of a decent showing at the world cup, but clubs do it all the time.

Martin Boyle knows this as well as anybody and it has to be in the back of his mind that an injury could scupper his last chance of a move for the kind of money that could set him and his family up for life, if that is the case I for one don't blame him in the slightest.
I simply don't believe that Martin has clocked up the amount of air miles he has over the last few years because he was just desperate to get international caps against the likes of Oman and the UAE for a country he had probably not even visited, never mind played football in.
This has been all about getting to a world cup and for all that effort to be for nothing on the back of a muscle or hamstring injury against St Johnstone or St Mirren in a bog standard league game would probably crush the guy.

If that's what's going on here then he has enough credit in the bank with us for it to be forgivable and I wish him all the luck in the world, in the sure and certain hope that once this Qatar nonsense is out of the way we will see the return of the Martin Boyle we all know and love.

Forza Fred
23-10-2022, 01:44 AM
No doubt about it he has lacked end product over the last few games and does seem to have lost his mojo a wee bit. I'm kind of in the camp that he has the world cup on his mind, but that isn't a criticism, it's arguably the biggest sporting stage in the world of sport probably even surpassing the Olympic games, which is motivation enough IMO ... but more than that, if he can show up there and make an impression, especially against the likes of France or Denmark, then that life changing move he thought he had acquired could still happen. I know they say never spend money on an unknown player on the back of a decent showing at the world cup, but clubs do it all the time.

Martin Boyle knows this as well as anybody and it has to be in the back of his mind that an injury could scupper his last chance of a move for the kind of money that could set him and his family up for life, if that is the case I for one don't blame him in the slightest.
I simply don't believe that Martin has clocked up the amount of air miles he has over the last few years because he was just desperate to get international caps against the likes of Oman and the UAE for a country he had probably not even visited, never mind played football in.
This has been all about getting to a world cup and for all that effort to be for nothing on the back of a muscle or hamstring injury against St Johnstone or St Mirren in a bog standard league game would probably crush the guy.

If that's what's going on here then he has enough credit in the bank with us for it to be forgivable and I wish him all the luck in the world, in the sure and certain hope that once this Qatar nonsense is out of the way we will see the return of the Martin Boyle we all know and love.

Lots of possible points of disagreement in the above post, but agree with the main thrust.

I don’t think ANY professional footballer likely to go to a World Cup, would not have at the back of his mind the knowledge that as the weeks count down, even a run of the mill injury could mean instead of competing against the world’s best,it could see you sitting watching it in front of the tv.

I guess we can take the hard line and say..’Hibs are paying his wages, therefore…’ or cut the guy some slack for a few weeks……….

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2022, 02:15 AM
Lots of possible points of disagreement in the above post, but agree with the main thrust.

I don’t think ANY professional footballer likely to go to a World Cup, would not have at the back of his mind the knowledge that as the weeks count down, even a run of the mill injury could mean instead of competing against the world’s best,it could see you sitting watching it in front of the tv.

I guess we can take the hard line and say..’Hibs are paying his wages, therefore…’ or cut the guy some slack for a few weeks……….

And no doubt some folk, like the OP, will take that line mate, but if they do they are seriously short on awareness of human nature. Martin Boyle loves playing for this club, of that I have no doubt, but I'll lay dollars to donuts that he loves his family more and that will be his main consideration as he heads towards the erse end of his career, pace is a big part of his game and pace doesn't last forever, there's a reason defenders still last longer at the top than forwards do and Martin Boyle is 29 years old, IMO he is already half a yard slower than he was a couple of years ago.

I'm very much in the 'cut the guy some slack' camp, if we fail to have regard for the human being as well as the footballer we lose something. Don't get me wrong, I have little sympathy for players who throw a huff because Hibs won't cave into ridiculous offers for them, or for players who don't give 100% with little sign of any reason for it ..... Boyle falls into neither category. At the end of the day his drop in form might not even be the result of a conscious thing but simply the result of having Qatar on his mind leading to a bit of a loss of concentration and the usual intensity he plays with.

Donegal Hibby
23-10-2022, 02:22 AM

I'd rather give him some slack .It's a life time dream to play for your country in a world cup Hope Cummings makes the Aussie team too . :wink:

Forza Fred
23-10-2022, 05:04 AM
I'd rather give him some slack .It's a life time dream to play for your country in a world cup Hope Cummings makes the Aussie team too . :wink:

Jason needs to impress today against Perth Glory today…..he’s got an outside chance.

superfurryhibby
23-10-2022, 09:01 AM
I think Boyle has set a level of expectation around his standards and performance that is hard to maintain. He hasn’t been brilliant these past few games, neither have the team ( although I thought we played well enough v Utd and prior to the sending off v St J).

In the greater scheme of things, I’m not peeing my pants about Boyle.

JimBHibees
23-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Think he has been fine recently the service hasnt been the best made a great run on Friday and the passer decided not to play the pass. And as for the ridiculous yellow he got early doors bolt with that decision. I await Clancy doing the same to other players in the league

LeithMike
23-10-2022, 09:23 AM
MB’s not a striker and when he plays as one we lose a hugely creative player from the midfield area. In. Friday’s team are main sources of creativity were Cadden and Cabraja so no real surprise that MB wasn’t so influential. Still noticed him tracking back so don’t get the accusations of him coasting before the World Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Key West
23-10-2022, 12:19 PM
Confident that Boyle will be influencing games soon in the manner that makes him the best payer at the club.