PDA

View Full Version : 3defeats in a row

john rossi
21-10-2022, 09:46 PM
Worrying times. ahead as we can’t score more than 1 goal on average. Also our defence is leaking goals.
was a great opportunity in front of a packed ER to get a positive result but Hibs let us down by losing 2 soft goals. Hopefully the November World Cup break might see Nisbet and Mcgeady return and give us more creativity in the final 3rd.

seanshow
21-10-2022, 10:02 PM
If you look at good football teams, when they play out from the back, 3 of the midfielders and both the strikers are usually on the move, pulling the opposition players around the park.
Our front 5/6 players are like statues when we have possession, that's one reason we are humpty. Imo

Occasionally bolyer and ....Campbell got a couple of goals by actually talking a chance and moving about.

We've played the same game against St Johnston over and over, pi$$ poor

Criswell
21-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Biggest home support for 30 years and we put in a performance like that. It had bottom 6 written all over it. We had a lot of the ball prior to sending off but created very little.

Tambo
21-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Missed both the Dundee United and St Johnstone game but sounds like we should of really came away with 6 points?

Another tricky game coming up at home also.

Leith Green
21-10-2022, 10:35 PM
Biggest home support for 30 years and we put in a performance like that. It had bottom 6 written all over it. We had a lot of the ball prior to sending off but created very little.

We created more than enough chances . Lack of composure or final decision lacking tonight and has been most of the season. There was only one winner before the red card tonight. Some over reacting going on tonight

Nicho87
21-10-2022, 10:36 PM
Easy on the eye, soft centred in defence, no killer instinct still.

Trim the dead wood in jan and get in 2/3 players who will really push the first 11-14 first team regulars.

Tavares, Bojang, Henderson, miller, fish, Melkerson, all on the exit list for me.

bod
21-10-2022, 10:39 PM
From what I can mind watching the DU game we were the better team & their keeper had a great game

One Day Soon
21-10-2022, 10:40 PM
Easy on the eye, soft centred in defence, no killer instinct still.

Trim the dead wood in jan and get in 2/3 players who will really push the first 11-14 first team regulars.

Tavares, Bojang, Henderson, miller, fish, Melkerson, all on the exit list for me.

That’s what needs to happen. It’s also what won’t happen. We’ve serially failed to strengthen in key positions in window after window after window.

Nicho87
21-10-2022, 10:44 PM
That’s what needs to happen. It’s also what won’t happen. We’ve serially failed to strengthen in key positions in window after window after window.

Spot on - if we had a beuzelin type in that team - would make such a difference.

Newell, Campbell, Doyle-Hayes over 38 games won’t get you third. Sorry, they just won’t.

Carheenlea
21-10-2022, 10:44 PM
Created enough to win three games, but with only one goal to show for it that poor conversion rate is going to cost us dear.

Three defeats in a row has derailed the excellent run of results prior to that and we really can’t afford to make that four next week. Hopefully see a bounce back and keep ourselves in the mix before the World Cup sabbatical.

Time for the players to to step up a gear.

McGruber
21-10-2022, 11:37 PM
Streaky Johnson

NAE NOOKIE
22-10-2022, 12:08 AM
If we had kept 11 men on the park there's no way we would have lost that game. But the problem is there for everybody to see, we just don't score enough goals, we had plenty of chances to craft a 2nd goal before the sending off and the fact we didn't cost us the 3 points just as much as the red card did. Mind you, it doesn't help when you play 3 centre halves and a guy who is 5'7" still scores with a header.

Whatever the case we simply have to get a win this Saturday against St Mirren, we follow that with a visit to Pittodrie and then home to Ross County .... anything less than 6 points from these 3 games will be a real setback .... where the goals we need are going to come from is anybody's guess.

Rumble de Thump
22-10-2022, 12:47 AM
Streaky Johnson

Honkin patter

Donegal Hibby
22-10-2022, 12:56 AM
Can't believe how bad Clancy was , he couldn't wait to get to his pocket for a card every time it was a player in green yet I felt they got away with a few . Mcgennis first one was never a booking imo and Mckirdys one is still a mystery to me .He seemed determined to send somebody off . No real point having VAR when you have a clown like that in charge

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2022, 03:59 AM

Aye, it's a shame it turned into an anti-climax. It's three defeats on the spin following three wins. We'll be okay, but we are a very average SPL team just now.

McGruber
22-10-2022, 04:46 AM
Honkin patter

Honkin result

matty_f
22-10-2022, 06:58 AM
Can't believe how bad Clancy was , he couldn't wait to get to his pocket for a card every time it was a player in green yet I felt they got away with a few . Mcgennis first one was never a booking imo and Mckirdys one is still a mystery to me .He seemed determined to send somebody off . No real point having VAR when you have a clown like that in charge

Agreed.

I thought we were good for a good chunk of that game, the result changes the perception of how we did but up until just before the red card there was only one team in it.

Our failings are evident though and until we start converting a higher proportion of our chances we’ll continue to get results like this, and until we get our heads around not conceding basic goals, we’ll keep getting results like this.

The red card was the pivotal moment in the game, it was a moment of stupidity from Magennis, knowing he was already on a yellow and seeing the eagerness with which the **** Clancy was brandishing yellows at Hibs players, he has to do better than that. Has to.

Porteous has to do better than hit the ground at their first goal, although in his defence the contact on him was more than enough to get Rangers a penalty at Easter Rd (apparently Rocky touching the forward was enough to ‘give the referee a decision to make’ and enough to see us get a goal disallowed at Dundee United) so he probably felt that if the rules are being applied consistently then he should have got the free kick.

For me, none of them are fouls and he’s got to concentrate on winning the header, not winning the free kick.

I felt we should have had a penalty, i know VAR has given offside but i don’t think they’ve taken the defensive line from the point of the defender closest to the goal, they’ve used his shoulder. I know the line from the attacker’s point of view is supposed to be from any point here could score with, but I thought the defender was able to play the attacker onside with any part of his body.

I haven’t seen Boyle’s “dive” back again. If he’s dived then it’s an incredibly stupid thing to do with VAR watching. Stupid at the best of times by doing it when you know it’s going to get reviewed is as dumb as it gets. It would have been nice to see Clancy apply the booking for a dive rule for both sides, though.

Ultimately a hugely disappointing and frustrating night. Great support let down, again, by the men on the pitch and in the dugout. I’m absolutely sick of losing these games, what’s the point in spending a ton of money on the team, on the stadium, having a great training centre, the live GPS monitoring and other tools if they’re not giving you an advantage?

St Johnstone were like a who’s who of Hibs rejects who would all have been thinking about the differences in standards at the clubs and yet they’re the ones who won. It’s a real sickener.

Carheenlea
22-10-2022, 07:00 AM

Clancy appeared to think that with the rolling out of VAR for the first time we were all coming along to watch the officials.

overdrive
22-10-2022, 07:56 AM
Honkin patter

Why? When he joined the club, we read that fans of his clubs in England described him as a streaky manager. It looks like they were right!