PDA

View Full Version : Largest Home Support In Over 30 Years On Friday - 7.30pm kick off!

California-Hibs
19-10-2022, 10:25 PM
Just saw that this Friday is set to be our largest home attendance in over 30 years. Thats brilliant stuff!
Obviously there's the factor of the curiosity of VAR and folk wanting to see it, and the kick off being on a Friday night, but also a massive well done needs to go to the board for the fantastic pricing of £10 & £5.

Its going to be a cracking atmosphere and hopefully Hibs can put on a show and get a win to leave folk who might not have been out in awhile, with an impression and want to comeback.

Stairway 2 7
20-10-2022, 04:55 AM
Just saw that this Friday is set to be our largest home attendance in over 30 years. Thats brilliant stuff!
Obviously there's the factor of the curiosity of VAR and folk wanting to see it, and the kick off being on a Friday night, but also a massive well done needs to go to the board for the fantastic pricing of £10 & £5.

Its going to be a cracking atmosphere and hopefully Hibs can put on a show and get a win to leave folk who might not have been out in awhile, with an impression and want to comeback.

It's a very big game in that lots of these people could be swayed to come more often. At the same time a horrible game might confirm them playing golf of Saturday ect.

I know a couple of people who will be going to their first game in a long time. One thing is the atmosphere should be cracking for them

B.H.F.C
20-10-2022, 07:51 AM
It's a very big game in that lots of these people could be swayed to come more often. At the same time a horrible game might confirm them playing golf of Saturday ect.

I know a couple of people who will be going to their first game in a long time. One thing is the atmosphere should be cracking for them

LJ mentioned in the interview Hibs put up after the open training session that there were a couple of surprises planned to help with the atmosphere. Imagine there’ll be someone out singing beforehand or something.

BILLYHIBS
20-10-2022, 08:12 AM
Sleeping giant

Carheenlea
20-10-2022, 08:18 AM
What could possibly go wrong!

weecounty hibby
20-10-2022, 08:48 AM

Exactly what I've been saying all week. Long serving Hibbies will get exactly what you mean

Hibernian Verse
20-10-2022, 08:56 AM
Exactly what I've been saying all week. Long serving Hibbies will get exactly what you mean

0-1 St Johnstone written all over it

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 09:00 AM
0-3 and a Melker Hallberg hatrick.

hibsfan7
20-10-2022, 09:12 AM
4-0 hibs

Since452
20-10-2022, 09:30 AM
Absolutely despise the way St Johnstone play. Their time wasting on day one was embarrassing. We can't allow them to get a lead to hold on to. An early goal for us and we'll batter them.

hibsbollah
20-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Absolutely despise the way St Johnstone play. Their time wasting on day one was embarrassing. We can't allow them to get a lead to hold on to. An early goal for us and we'll batter them.

Yep, difficult balance between trying to put on a show of silky attacking football in front of the big crowd, and being patient in front of 10 men defending for their lives and trying to catch on the break. Porteous is getting forward a lot which is good because he’s a threat, but I’d be tempted to get him to be more conservative early doors in this one.

Garymcl
20-10-2022, 10:53 AM
Fantastic achievement my fellow hibbys now let’s make it count and make a lot of noise and get right behind the team for 90mins+

Libby Hibby
20-10-2022, 10:57 AM
Cracking effort from the fans.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-10-2022, 11:01 AM

I'd be surprised if the introduction of VAR has had much impact compared to the reduced prices, still a fine effort though.

Mick O'Rourke
20-10-2022, 11:29 AM
I'd be surprised if the introduction of VAR has had much impact compared to the reduced prices, still a fine effort though.
Now that PPV is available,could it be VAR might attract curious football fans of other clubs to "buy" the game.
Just reading that VAR will not be pitchside ,but in an office in Glasgow.
This excerpt from an EEN article on the match.

Willie Collum is the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for the technology’s first match in the cinch Premiership.
The experienced official will be aided by Graeme Stewart in the new system’s nerve centre at Clydesdale House in Glasgow’s Merchant City quarter.
The 43-year-old will be on hand to study any incidents requiring a second pair of eyes for Kevin Clancy, the on-field referee.
VAR will be operated in line with the FIFA Laws of the Game using Hawk-Eye technology.
There are four main areas that will come under VAR’s jurisdiction:
straight red cards, penalty-area incidents, goals, and cases of mistaken identity.

BonnieFitbaTeam
20-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Willie Collum is the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for the technology’s first match in the cinch Premiership.
The experienced official will be aided by Graeme Stewart in the new system’s nerve centre at Clydesdale House in Glasgow’s Merchant City quarter.
The 43-year-old will be on hand to study any incidents requiring a second pair of eyes for Kevin Clancy, the on-field referee. VAR will be operated in line with the FIFA Laws of the Game using Hawk-Eye technology.
straight red cards, penalty-area incidents, goals, and cases of mistaken identity.[/QUOTE]

Don't let them fool you...

https://attachment.outlook.live.net/owa/MSA%3Asmiggyg%40hotmail.com/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLTg4AGQ0 LWI0YmUtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADDgg6DU%2F3mUmEOUuo60%2BYpg cAPiYZIUpF0kS9N2qxOoo11wAAAgEMAAAAPiYZIUpF0kS9N2qx Ooo11wAGXq%2FPtAAAAAESABAA6bEfeL%2BVXECKtrX1qfJSTQ %3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2 ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOi JKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQ bVEifQ.eyJvcmlnaW4iOiJodHRwczovL291dGxvb2subGl2ZS5 jb20iLCJ1YyI6IjRjZWVlZTEzNTQ2ZTQ2MDg4OWQwYzRmZDRmZ WJmNWQ4IiwidmVyIjoiRXhjaGFuZ2UuQ2FsbGJhY2suVjEiLCJ hcHBjdHhzZW5kZXIiOiJPd2FEb3dubG9hZEA4NGRmOWU3Zi1lO WY2LTQwYWYtYjQzNS1hYWFhYWFhYWFhYWEiLCJpc3NyaW5nIjo iV1ciLCJhcHBjdHgiOiJ7XCJtc2V4Y2hwcm90XCI6XCJvd2FcI ixcInB1aWRcIjpcIjE3NTkyMjA5MDAwODI4NzhcIixcInNjb3B lXCI6XCJPd2FEb3dubG9hZFwiLFwib2lkXCI6XCIwMDA2NDAwM C04OGQ0LWI0YmUtMDAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBcIixcInByaW1 hcnlzaWRcIjpcIlMtMS0yODI3LTQwOTYwMC0yMjk1NjQxMjc4X CJ9IiwibmJmIjoxNjY2MjY2MDk0LCJleHAiOjE2NjYyNjY2OTQ sImlzcyI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwM DAwMDAwMEA4NGRmOWU3Zi1lOWY2LTQwYWYtYjQzNS1hYWFhYWF hYWFhYWEiLCJhdWQiOiIwMDAwMDAwMi0wMDAwLTBmZjEtY2UwM C0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmU ubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhY WFhYSIsImhhcHAiOiJvd2EifQ.OWfM4IVajl8GIv_GpEbX9fn4 pBe-ntuATrp6XvvfQkIg9BXX_ekpeXiLosEbPuaw9fC-DqXO2IZ44-EBII-nPDf6IxyW4oJ42lZ5BMb8OqurmCMJSPPEvkXN5uITDn12sTg2L U2Fgh-VjRwIUND_xZzR1dup3EuQgj5g_sSoZAwmYMC6upRWxkrzd0NG8 V42w1O-MdOOmnLngwGpq7U4wOwXZSfghnWOolZqk74Gdfac5hLnDgs6qu lubBLMecHsGJMwGpeYPe-6_XW5LQdb7XUDocrkC8nx0RO_Z1dIWM-HoU8hp8ItJsdjxk_FdjWS9vC9WwBGKIwCaCvqZXCFtg&X-OWA-CANARY=OFH8O61LrkyJHl7S1PMUoDAErQ-QstoYA0MAvqwgVl0TPlTsx1xnECJWaGBzUqeM8PAj5H3yqV0.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20221014007.04&animation=true

wookie70
20-10-2022, 11:48 AM
Now that PPV is available,could it be VAR might attract curious football fans of other clubs to "buy" the game.

The 43-year-old will be on hand to study any incidents requiring a second pair of eyes for Kevin Clancy, the on-field referee. VAR will be operated in line with the FIFA Laws of the Game using Hawk-Eye technology.
straight red cards, penalty-area incidents, goals, and cases of mistaken identity.

If it is remote I'd like to see it in another country. There is a shortage of officials and we are going to need a good few to cover VAR at the same time.

Greenbeard
20-10-2022, 11:54 AM
If it is remote I'd like to see it in another country. There is a shortage of officials and we are going to need a good few to cover VAR at the same time.
Shetland?

Souter96Mac
20-10-2022, 12:02 PM
I'm assuming this is also the largest home league support (outside the OF) in quite a while too? Or is that implied with this 30 years?
Think Hearts only had 16/17k for their game against the Huns at murrayfield a couple years back

Hibernian Verse
20-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Good of them to disclose the location. Wonder what will happen when one of the Old Firm feel aggrieved?

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2022, 01:50 PM

The 43-year-old will be on hand to study any incidents requiring a second pair of eyes for Kevin Clancy, the on-field referee.
VAR will be operated in line with the FIFA Laws of the Game using Hawk-Eye technology.

Meet the new boss...

1van Sprou7e
20-10-2022, 02:07 PM
What happened 30 years ago

Hibbyradge
20-10-2022, 02:08 PM
Sleeping giant

Tourist club...

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 02:11 PM

Was thinking that, probably a Derby game in the late 80's that often had crowds around 25k, or even Videoton/RFC Liege at home in the UEFA Cup - both games had Hibees in every stand/terrace and crowds in excess of 20k.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-10-2022, 02:11 PM

Hibs tweet said 33 years, which would be 1989. Home game v Liege in UEFA Cup?

Juice-Terry
20-10-2022, 02:16 PM
Hibs tweet said 33 years, which would be 1989. Home game v Liege in UEFA Cup?
Home win against Hertz (1-0).

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Home win against Hertz (1-0).

That makes sense, New Year derby. :agree: Think that would have been our last derby win before 22 in a row.

inglisavhibs
20-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Probably the last team you would like to play if you want an open exciting game. They will bite scratch and make it very difficult for us to get in any rhythm. Can’t blame them really. Us older fans are used to games where expectations are high, falling flat on the night. Let’s hope the fans stay behind the team even if we don’t get on top early on.

Saint Hibee
20-10-2022, 03:38 PM
With Collum and Clancy in charge, what could possibly go wrong?

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 03:48 PM
What could possibly go wrong! Pretty much everything, but we're not the Hibs of yester year.

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 03:52 PM

straight red cards, penalty-area incidents, goals, and cases of mistaken identity. Are you Jimmy O'Rourke's brother? Sorry if that was a stupid question, but I had to ask :-)

Renfrew_Hibby
20-10-2022, 03:56 PM
The words 'Clydesdale House' are about to become as synonymous with Scottish football as pie & bovril or Celtic & Rangers.

hibsbollah
20-10-2022, 04:02 PM
**** me, I’m excited for this game. I might even have a skinful.
That is all.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-10-2022, 04:08 PM
Is it really biggest home crowd in that time, was the Hamilton play-off not a sell out?

HendoDelivered
20-10-2022, 04:09 PM
Is it really biggest home crowd in that time, was the Hamilton play-off not a sell out?

It was yeah but there will be more Hibs fans in the away end than that day. I think we had 2 blocks at the top and bottom. Tomorrow we have 2 blocks at the bottom and all the top 👌🏼

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 04:11 PM
**** me, I’m excited for this game. I might even have a skinful.
That is all. 1-0 / 2-1 Hibs. No disrespect to St J but we'll have too much for them.

Ardenttwo
20-10-2022, 04:18 PM

Unfortunately I am offshore and cannot make this
game but put my ST up for use It was snapped up in 30 minutes Great to able to do this and not have an empty seat. Paid £5 from Hibs but I would rather it would have gone to a deserving charity

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 04:28 PM
Sorry, I joined in on a sort of "dot count" thread. I'm still reasonably new here. May I make a point though? Why is it important about how many people attend a game of football? The second Hibs become even slightly succussful we'll have to find somewhere else to play or knock down Easter Road and build a new one in it's place. May 2016 anyone?

Rangers fans are known for turning up and for their atmosphere at Ibrox. That fizzled out after they got ****ed 1-7 by a stuttering Liverpool though. That made me laugh BTW

hibsbollah
20-10-2022, 04:43 PM
Sorry, I joined in on a sort of "dot count" thread. I'm still reasonably new here. May I make a point though? Why is it important about how many people attend a game of football? The second Hibs become even slightly succussful we'll have to find somewhere else to play or knock down Easter Road and build a new one in it's place. May 2016 anyone?

Rangers fans are known for turning up and for their atmosphere at Ibrox. That fizzled out after they got ****ed 1-7 by a stuttering Liverpool though. That made me laugh BTW

Because it’s more fun?

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 04:48 PM
Because it’s more fun? What? Dot counting is more fun? Genuine question. I can imagine why Hearts fans find it fun. They have guess the away support. How on earth are you supposed to turn up to an away game when you can't remember the name of the team you're playing, or where they play?

Donegal Hibby
20-10-2022, 04:50 PM
Stories of our biggest crowd in Daily Record, Scottish Herald and EEN if anyone interested ?

hibsbollah
20-10-2022, 04:51 PM
What? Dot counting is more fun? Genuine question

You said ‘why is it important how many people attend a game of football’ my response is ‘because it’s more fun’. (The more fans, the more rockin’ it is). Except at Tynecastle, where it’s always an amazing atmosphere.

Donegal Hibby
20-10-2022, 05:05 PM
You said ‘why is it important how many people attend a game of football’ my response is ‘because it’s more fun’. (The more fans, the more rockin’ it is). Except at Tynecastle, where it’s always an amazing atmosphere.
And always 20 thousand plus there too. :greengrin

Hibees1973
20-10-2022, 05:14 PM
Maybe Hibs are right that us v Yams in 1989 was the last time over 20,000 Hibs fans at ER.

IIRC we played Anderlecht at ER in 1992. I remember getting herded into the Dunbar end that night as the other parts of the ground were full. The Dunbar end was pretty full. TV pictures prove that.

Must have been 22,000 - 23,000 Hibbies that night.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 05:14 PM
You said ‘why is it important how many people attend a game of football’ my response is ‘because it’s more fun’. (The more fans, the more rockin’ it is). Except at Tynecastle, where it’s always an amazing atmosphere. I edited my post. However you did say "Except at Tynecastle, where it’s always an amazing atmosphere". That was worth logging in for. It made me chuckle.

1van Sprou7e
20-10-2022, 05:16 PM

There isn't a great deal of room for increasing our attendances imho. For the big games aye but we'd have to see some serious success to got more than 20k on a weekly basis

houstonhibbee
20-10-2022, 05:16 PM

What was the previous biggest hibs crowd 30 years ago? Was AEK not larger?- it was less than 30 years ago

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 05:24 PM
What was the previous biggest hibs crowd 30 years ago? Was AEK not larger?- it was less than 30 years ago

ER only held around 16.5-17k at that time.

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 05:28 PM
There isn't a great deal of room for increasing our attendances imho. For the big games aye but we'd have to see some serious success to got more than 20k on a weekly basis. We'll struggle to get much more than 20k. Easter Road only holds 20,241. I get what you're saying though. We're going in the right direction and long may it continue.

Steven1985
20-10-2022, 05:37 PM
ER only held around 16.5-17k at that time. I can't remember exactly but they cut the East down, then cut it down again and put a roof on it. Without checking, I think you're about right.

Edit. I did just check. After the North & South stands were built, the capacity was 16,531.

Ronniekirk
20-10-2022, 06:11 PM
ER only held around 16.5-17k at that time.

It felt snd sounded more One of the best Atmospheres I csn remember at Easter Rd , and if only that Luna Header had gone in
Spooky as that was the last time I was in the Famous Five Stand and that’s where I am tomorrow night

inglisavhibs
20-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Probably the last team you would like to play if you want an open exciting game. They will bite scratch and make it very difficult for us to get in any rhythm. Can’t blame them really. Us older fans are used to games where expectations are high, falling flat on the night. Let’s hope the fans stay behind the team even if we don’t get on top early on.

PaulSmith
20-10-2022, 06:12 PM
Still remember quite a number of Hibs fans saying that we only needed a stadium capacity of 16-17k and paying for upgrade of the east was a waste of money.

It’s probably already paid for itself since it was built?

The same accusations were levelled at the current west stand corporate upgrade only this summer but that’s already exceeding income expectations

weecounty hibby
20-10-2022, 06:16 PM
Maybe Hibs are right that us v Yams in 1989 was the last time over 20,000 Hibs fans at ER.

IIRC we played Anderlecht at ER in 1992. I remember getting herded into the Dunbar end that night as the other parts of the ground were full. The Dunbar end was pretty full. TV pictures prove that.

Must have been 22,000 - 23,000 Hibbies that night.

Maybe I'm wrong.
That's the one that always come to mind for me. Could barely move in the east that night and my first wife was terrified. She told me not to let her go no matter what. Dave Beaumont scored in the first five mins, bedlam!! Didn't see her again till half time. I've said for years that I thought there was 25k in that night.

green day
20-10-2022, 06:16 PM
Still remember quite a number of Hibs fans saying that we only needed a stadium capacity of 16-17k and paying for upgrade of the east was a waste of money.

It’s probably already paid for itself since it was built?

The same accusations were levelled at the current west stand corporate upgrade only this summer but that’s already exceeding income expectations

Aye, sometimes the bean counters are indeed the best people to spend those beans :greengrin

On the East, we also built it at a time when construction / steel costs were a lot lower than now. Petrie played a blinder there.

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 06:32 PM
That's the one that always come to mind for me. Could barely move in the east that night and my first wife was terrified. She told me not to let her go no matter what. Dave Beaumont scored in the first five mins, bedlam!! Didn't see her again till half time. I've said for years that I thought there was 25k in that night.

I was in the Dunbar End that night too, but crowd was only 14,213 according to official figures.

weecounty hibby
20-10-2022, 06:41 PM
I was in the Dunbar End that night too, but crowd was only 14,213 according to official figures.
Yeah, I know. I checked earlier but ER was completely rammed that night and imo it was closer to 25k than 14k

Stairway 2 7
20-10-2022, 06:46 PM
Hibs anderlecht https://youtu.be/Znkp0n7iOh0

Terracing looks over packed. Loads of empty seats in west and spaces behind the goals. Bad policing

BILLYHIBS
20-10-2022, 07:01 PM
Remember guys kick off 7.30 pm

Fanforlife
20-10-2022, 07:08 PM
I'm assuming this is also the largest home league support (outside the OF) in quite a while too? Or is that implied with this 30 years?
Think Hearts only had 16/17k for their game against the Huns at murrayfield a couple years backthere was about 34k there,aroundc25 k for Aberdeen game as well😪

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 07:13 PM
there was about 34k there,aroundc25 k for Aberdeen game as well😪

Didn't the Huns make up around half the crowd, and sure Aberdeen brought 7/8k too.

Keith_M
20-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Evening News says we've sold 19,500 home end tickets and that St Johnstone have sold 1,058 tickets.

Given there's also going to be at least 300 seats left empty for segregation, then methinks somebody's been using the 'Gorgie Calculator'.

:greengrin

Fanforlife
20-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Didn't the Huns make up around half the crowd, and sure Aberdeen brought 7/8k too.

Certainly did, was just letting poster know his estimated attendance was well out.

davhibby
20-10-2022, 07:34 PM
Certainly did, was just letting poster know his estimated attendance was well out.

They were talking about home fans though which is the point of this thread. So they weren’t far out at all

Hibees1973
20-10-2022, 07:35 PM

Who would have thought it. The Yams profiteering from away supporters when at the time they begged the SPFL to play their games at Murrayfield when their new stand at Tiny was delayed due to no seats ordered, leaks in the roof and internals in the stand not finished. This meant they could not get a safety certificate.

Think the their new stand is still not complete 4 years later.

Financially corrupt that lot, always have been.

hibsbollah
20-10-2022, 07:37 PM
Evening News says we've sold 19,500 home end tickets and that St Johnstone have sold 1,058 tickets.

Given there's also going to be at least 300 seats left empty for segregation, then methinks somebody's been using the 'Gorgie Calculator'.

A calculator for a Wee stadium, a wee team, and for ugly, desperate obsessed fans.

Donegal Hibby
20-10-2022, 07:52 PM
It felt snd sounded more One of the best Atmospheres I csn remember at Easter Rd , and if only that Luna Header had gone in
Spooky as that was the last time I was in the Famous Five Stand and that’s where I am tomorrow night
Clubs urging fans to get. In early for pre match show too

Not In The Know
20-10-2022, 07:59 PM
There isn't a great deal of room for increasing our attendances imho. For the big games aye but we'd have to see some serious success to got more than 20k on a weekly basis

The greater Edinburgh area’s population is expected to surpass that of greater Glasgow in the next few years. So why shouldn’t it?

Up-the-slope
20-10-2022, 08:11 PM
Remember guys kick off 7.30 pm

I think it would be good if admins did some kind of 'sticky' on this fact.... the size of crowd and many unfamiliar with where they are sitting... will be a challenge enough without people forgetting / not realising and making plans based on it being more usual evening 7.45 KO

ITS a 7.30 KO folks :greengrin

The Green Sea
20-10-2022, 08:13 PM
The greater Edinburgh area’s population is expected to surpass that of greater Glasgow in the next few years. So why shouldn’t it?

Because that doesn't matter when the Old Firm fill their stadiums full of narrow-minded bigots from across Scotland.

Brightside
20-10-2022, 08:14 PM

Sectarianism and poor parenting.

hibee_girl
20-10-2022, 08:18 PM
I think it would be good if admins did some kind of 'sticky' on this fact.... the size of crowd and many unfamiliar with where they are sitting... will be a challenge enough without people forgetting / not realising and making plans based on it being more usual evening 7.45 KO

ITS a 7.30 KO folks :greengrin

I’ve edited the thread title :aok:

Mick O'Rourke
20-10-2022, 08:31 PM

Yes its worth reminding people on KO time. Some will not be aware and be late.
Also the applause for Dean Angus will be at or around 7:50 and latecomers may be arriving/ finding their seats around that time .

Up-the-slope
20-10-2022, 08:49 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

JamesHFC
20-10-2022, 08:51 PM
A calculator for a Wee stadium, a wee team, and for ugly, desperate obsessed fans.

😂

Aldo
20-10-2022, 09:01 PM
Hearts chums been messaging me all evening mentioning our capacity being only 19,500 blah blah following the reports of a home fan sell out.

I mentioned this doesn’t include the 1,000 St J fans in lower tier of south.

I did point out that if we have sold 19,500 that’s only 382 shy of their Tiny capacity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenGray
20-10-2022, 09:07 PM

Disagree with that, you saw how many fans came out for the Cup parade, even if a small percentage of them started going we could sell out regularly imo.

The fans are out there just need a good team and good ticket prices to entice them.

Onceinawhile
20-10-2022, 10:01 PM
Any idea what the pre match entertainment is?

JamesHFC
20-10-2022, 10:02 PM
Disagree with that, you saw how many fans came out for the Cup parade, even if a small percentage of them started going we could sell out regularly imo.

The fans are out there just need a good team and good ticket prices to entice them.

Get 3rd and play European group stages next season we will beat our season ticket record with ease.

hibee_girl
20-10-2022, 10:10 PM

Grant Brebner is delivering the match ball 🤗

GreenCastle
20-10-2022, 10:13 PM

Says live music before and then flame effects as players enter pitch.

Get to seats for 7.15pm.

Tambo
20-10-2022, 10:27 PM
This should be a good atmosphere and hopefully we can get back to spme nice attacking football and creating chances.

hibsfan7
20-10-2022, 10:37 PM
what time doe the hibs club open on friday?

Just Alf
21-10-2022, 04:05 AM
what time doe the hibs club open on friday?Normally opens at 4, not sure if it'll be earlier due to the game.

I don't finish work 'till 5 so not an issue for me :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
21-10-2022, 04:49 AM

I do understand but it's not backed up by reality. We've won 4 of the last 5 against this mob. Their luck has ran out. We're better in every position.

wazoo1875
21-10-2022, 05:54 AM
what time doe the hibs club open on friday?

Pretty sure it’s opening at 1 today

HendoDelivered
21-10-2022, 11:24 AM
Derby-esque atmosphere tonight I reckon

Fanforlife
21-10-2022, 11:52 AM
They were talking about home fans though which is the point of this thread. So they weren’t far out at allnp must have misread as thought he meant total attendance at game, good of you to able to police comment though.🤣

Cocaine&Caviar
21-10-2022, 11:54 AM
The second Hibs become even slightly succussful we'll have to find somewhere else to play or knock down Easter Road and build a new one in it's place.

You're at it.

Mick O'Rourke
21-10-2022, 12:28 PM
Who would have thought it. The Yams profiteering from away supporters when at the time they begged the SPFL to play their games at Murrayfield when their new stand at Tiny was delayed due to no seats ordered, leaks in the roof and internals in the stand not finished. This meant they could not get a safety certificate.

Think the their new stand is still not complete 4 years later.

Financially corrupt that lot, always have been.

Wonder if they did make big profits when they used Murrayfield ?
Mind they had to pay the SRU rent for the ground and pay for more security and polis numbers when the hordes descended on leafy Murrayfield !
Pubs in Corry were full of them that day.

Keith_M
21-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Re this being the largest home support in over thirty years.

If the game it's being compared to is the derby in 1989, when the attendance was 27k (as was the capacity), then I think it's only fair to point out that the sections set aside for visiting fans in those days held roughly 10k, so there was probably only around 17 thousand home fans.

So, in actual fact, it's probably way over forty years since we had a home support of 19,000.

Mick O'Rourke
21-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Hearts chums been messaging me all evening mentioning our capacity being only 19,500 blah blah following the reports of a home fan sell out.

I did point out that if we have sold 19,500 that’s only 382 shy of their Tiny capacity

Their Euro debacle is only matched by the Downing Street debacle
No happy we are getting more media attention than them with this Friday night gig, VAR introduction and full house !!

Of course, our full house disnae count cos we "gave away" thousands of tickets:greengrin

Keith_M
21-10-2022, 01:05 PM
Their Euro debacle is only matched by the Downing Street debacle
No happy we are getting more media attention than them with this Friday night gig, VAR introduction and full house !!

Of course, our full house disnae count cos we "gave away" thousands of tickets:greengrin

Wait till they see our new stadium extension plans..... :wink:

Lendo
21-10-2022, 01:28 PM

Need to find the Daffy Duck gif

Keith_M
21-10-2022, 01:34 PM

jacomo
21-10-2022, 01:45 PM
0-3 and a Melker Hallberg hatrick.

0-6 would be a sore one no doubt.

Mick O'Rourke
21-10-2022, 01:49 PM

Youuu're deththpicable!

jacomo
21-10-2022, 01:50 PM

Ha ha Hearts.

Mcbizz1998
21-10-2022, 01:59 PM
The Percy at 6pm for a few beers and then up to the game. Really looking forward to this one!

See you all there, Hibees!

Fratelli
21-10-2022, 02:20 PM
6 of us going for beers and pizza at Origano on Leith Walk from 5:15…can’t wait!

J-C
21-10-2022, 02:25 PM
Why is this game on a Friday night if it's not on TV?

Mon Dieu4
21-10-2022, 02:38 PM
Why is this gane on a Friday night if its not on TV?

Hibs decided to try something different

Hibbyradge
21-10-2022, 03:01 PM

Now that's what I call a planning application.

Mick O'Rourke
21-10-2022, 03:11 PM

Wont be long now for the Hibees to run out to a full house under the lights and by the rising of the moon over the Holy Ground !

:flag::flag::flag:

J-C
21-10-2022, 03:13 PM
Hibs decided to try something different

:aok:

HendoDelivered
21-10-2022, 03:20 PM
This is the game Sauzee should have been presenting the ball at.

Stairway 2 7
21-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Boozers will be packed being a Friday night, should be class if we win

Garymcl
21-10-2022, 03:27 PM
Pubs in the area busy already good atmosphere building now for a few beers and a sing song canny wait remember guys get in sharp kick off 7 30 :flag:

Billy Whizz
21-10-2022, 03:35 PM
Pubs in the area busy already good atmosphere building now for a few beers and a sing song canny wait remember guys get in sharp kick off 7 30 :flag:

Hibs want you seated by 7.15 for the Firework display

Pretty Boy
21-10-2022, 03:37 PM
Finished work at 4. 1st pint going down nicely now then heading to the Iona to meet friends about the back of 5.

I know it doesn't suit everyone but I'm all for more Friday evening games, feels like a bit more of an occasion and you still feel like you have a whole weekend ahead of you as well.

hibsbollah
21-10-2022, 03:41 PM
Finished work at 4. 1st pint going down nicely now then heading to the Iona to meet friends about the back of 5.

I know it doesn't suit everyone but I'm all for more Friday evening games, feels like a bit more of an occasion and you still feel like you have a whole weekend ahead of you as well.

:agree: Im popping down the pub shortly after i finish work and I genuinely cant remember the last time i was so excited for a game. I would take Friday nights under the lights every week.

Hibbyradge
21-10-2022, 03:42 PM

I agree.

Travel up Friday afternoon. Pub followed by the game. Stay with a mate. Golf on Saturday followed by the pub and a scran. Home Sunday.

Except I can't this weekend. :boo hoo:

Keith_M
21-10-2022, 03:51 PM

Because of the travel involved, my preference would be Saturday afternoon but I totally get that PoV. 👍

TBF, it's my own fault for living so far from ER. 😏

houstonhibbee
21-10-2022, 04:18 PM
So we haven't established yet the last home match with over 20k hibs fans? It has to be before the east was converted? So maybe late seventies? Edit - large east terracing was demolished in 1983

Hibbyradge
21-10-2022, 04:24 PM
So we haven't established yet the last home match with over 20k hibs fans? It has to be before the east was converted? So maybe late seventies? Edit - large east terracing was demolished in 1983

There won't be 20000 Hibs fans there tonight.

Unless, because they're so scarce, we've been buying tickets in the Saintees end...😃

Lendo
21-10-2022, 04:27 PM
The club saying there will be fireworks pre-match. Anyone know if they mean real fireworks or just the giant flames they have on the pitch for the players running out?

Would like to get up the Craggs or Calton Hill and get some shots of Easter Road with the fireworks overhead.

Stairway 2 7
21-10-2022, 04:33 PM

Depends how many hearts fans were at that 27000 capacity game I suppose. 8k or more at that game and it's the biggest hibs support since 1975, when we had 33k. Nothing in between that that could beat it as all under 24 and the biggest ones against hearts

GreenCastle
21-10-2022, 04:35 PM
The club saying there will be fireworks pre-match. Anyone know if they mean real fireworks or just the giant flames they have on the pitch for the players running out?

Would like to get up the Craggs or Calton Hill and get some shots of Easter Road with the fireworks overhead.

Supposedly flames similar to Hearts..

Who needs firework Phil when you have flames from Kensell.

It’s fantastic to know there will be so many Hibs at game - makes you look forward to going even more.

Up-the-slope
21-10-2022, 04:50 PM

don't want to puncture your balloon... but thats not possible / correct as the East is one tier and south 2 so they cant be joined like that

Up-the-slope
21-10-2022, 04:53 PM

I assume its Ron being creative and the fireworks are the spare rockets the manager didnt use when sticking them up the players erchies last week :whistle::whistle:

Steven1985
21-10-2022, 04:54 PM
don't want to puncture your balloon... but thats not possible / correct as the East is one tier and south 2 so they cant be joined like that Plus that picture looks a little like Park Head. Not for me thank you sirs.

Earlydelivery
21-10-2022, 04:56 PM
I’d go with a Derby in the middle 70s the last time we had 20k home fans

GreenCastle
21-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Plus that picture looks a little like Park Head. Not for me thank you sirs.

Missing the big screens too.

How many would corners actually add to capacity.

The obvious area is North / East corner and South / West - not sure other corners could be built on?

Then move north east screen to North / west corner. Build a TV studio into new corner and have a great view of stadium.

GreenCastle
21-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Plus that picture looks a little like Park Head. Not for me thank you sirs.

Plenty of stadiums with green seats around the world !

Hibbyradge
21-10-2022, 05:01 PM
don't want to puncture your balloon... but thats not possible / correct as the East is one tier and south 2 so they cant be joined like that

West and South, no?

Edit: With the obvious addition of exec seats in the South :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
21-10-2022, 05:01 PM
I’d go with a Derby in the middle 70s the last time we had 20k home fans

I think it's 1st January 1976 hibs 3 (Duncan x2, Smith) hearts 0 32,923

Steven1985
21-10-2022, 05:14 PM
Plenty of stadiums with green seats around the world ! Well yes, but our green is better than other people's green. If it was up to me, I'd make the East huge again.

That said I'll take 3 points please. If I was a Hearts fan, I'd be bothered about how many people turned up. If I was a Rangers fan I'd be shouting from the rooftops how magnificent the atmosphere at Ibrox is. Yeah, shame no one has ever heard of Hearts and shame Rangers got dicked 1-7 at home in Europe. ****ing embarrassing amateurs lol

Hibbyradge
21-10-2022, 05:54 PM
If it was up to me, I'd make the East huge again.

Catchy.

I'm going to get myself a MEHA baseball cap

Steven1985
21-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Catchy.

I'm going to get myself a MEHA baseball cap I was on about where I'd expand Easter Road if it was down to me. You're on about buying a baseball cap? Something along the line has been lost in translation.

Seriously, I just googled it. What the **** is a MEHA baseball cap?

A Hi-Bee
21-10-2022, 06:08 PM
The support is there, the Hibs need to turn up, got me thinking about big crowds in the past at E.R. while no old enough to see the mega crowds wi Famous Five days, was in a crowd of around 53,000 on Wed night v the hun lot of chaos behind the goals in the cave :greengrin and also seem to remember the first game v Leeds had a crowd of around 44,000 heady days indeed.
Brilliant to see so many at Easter road tonight, long may it continue.
:thumbsup:

Jones28
21-10-2022, 06:09 PM
I’m watching on PPV and am absolutely buzzing for this. Feels like a derby.

1-0 st Johnston 😂

Since452
21-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Hopefully the St Johnstone fans are combine harvester sharing tonight. Traffic bad enough as it is.

hibsbollah
21-10-2022, 06:18 PM
St Johnstone fans taking massive liberties outside the South. Chucking cones at kids and families :aok:

Since452
21-10-2022, 06:25 PM
St Johnstone fans taking massive liberties outside the South. Chucking cones at kids and families :aok:

Wtf

hibsbollah
21-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Wtf

Very weird. Shanty town casuals.

Jim44
21-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Gutted to have to call off tonight, due to COVID in the family. Do us proud Hibs and put in a great performance for 3points.:flag:

Pagan Hibernia
21-10-2022, 08:29 PM

indeed.

It’s a tough old shift being a Hibs fan.

Itsnoteasy
21-10-2022, 08:33 PM
It will be another 30 yrs before a sell out home crowd. Scotlands finest for fan potential but time & time again we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Just Alf
21-10-2022, 08:35 PM
It will be another 30 yrs before a sell out home crowd. Scotlands finest for fan potential but time & time again we shoot ourselves in the foot.Feels like it's happened a few times ... :-(

Stuart93
21-10-2022, 08:36 PM
It will be another 30 yrs before a sell out home crowd. Scotlands finest for fan potential but time & time again we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Correct.

9/10 the fans are let down.

The Harp Awakes
21-10-2022, 08:42 PM

Yep, we've done it as long as I can remember. Get the fans buzzing and shoot ourselves in the foot. Typical Hibs.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-10-2022, 08:46 PM
It really was obviously going to happen wasnt it. I actually joked about it in my work that with the big crowd etc that we would probably lose. So, so Hibs.

weecounty hibby
21-10-2022, 08:48 PM
I do understand but it's not backed up by reality. We've won 4 of the last 5 against this mob. Their luck has ran out. We're better in every position.
Written in the stars. The most Hibs thing ever!!

nickwhibs
21-10-2022, 09:12 PM
Great crowd tonight. Though I was surprised at how flat the atmosphere was. Safe standing and singing section behind the goals can’t come soon enough

lucky
21-10-2022, 09:15 PM
Great crowd tonight. Though I was surprised at how flat the atmosphere was. Safe standing and singing section behind the goals can’t come soon enough

It was flat because the way the team played. We were dire. Bit much when one of our CH gets player of the match

nickwhibs
21-10-2022, 09:21 PM
It was flat because the way the team played. We were dire. Bit much when one of our CH gets player of the match

I know that but even from the start it was flat. We were also winning for while. I agree the players looked flat but I’m purely commenting on the fans.

lyonhibs
21-10-2022, 09:22 PM
Anyone who didn't see that coming hasn't been a Hibs fan long enough 😅

MelbourneHibees
21-10-2022, 09:22 PM

2nd half sure but 1st half we dominated.

What was the final figure for Home crowd?

Think I heard 20010 total.

Mcbizz1998
21-10-2022, 09:25 PM
I feel like this is harsh and I’m sure I’ll calm down but can we please never play Youan again? The guy is humpty.

GreenCastle
21-10-2022, 09:28 PM

The sooner it’s moved to FF the better - has to happen next season.

A Hi-Bee
21-10-2022, 09:40 PM
Same old,same old nothing really surprising seen the same show many times before, getting very tired of the false dawns and no getting any younger, Hibs are starting to piss me off, how many chances can you get to build on something. Move up the way, instead of treading water or sinking. We need a clear out and a real investment in a good team, quality players the kind that this tremendous support deserves, not the crap we are being fed just now.

Wheat Hound
21-10-2022, 10:03 PM
No surprise our best season in years was behind closed doors. Collective club mentality is weak and any time there is expectation they let the fans down.

Pagan Hibernia
21-10-2022, 10:10 PM
Same old,same old nothing really surprising seen the same show many times before, getting very tired of the false dawns and no getting any younger, Hibs are starting to piss me off, how many chances can you get to build on something. Move up the way, instead of treading water or sinking. We need a clear out and a real investment in a good team, quality players the kind that this tremendous support deserves, not the crap we are being fed just now.

It’s an extraordinarily frustrating football club to follow, for sure. In terms of potential not realised.

sometimes I think I’d rather follow a team that literally never wins anything. That would be less exciting but also less frustrating anyway.

Hibs deliver years and years of crap, then along comes a trophy every decade or two to give us just enough sustenance to make it through the next spell of mediocrity

sleeping giant
21-10-2022, 10:11 PM
Easter Road looked tremendous tonight.