PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Away November 4th

Niagara Lad
19-10-2022, 05:23 PM
£30 for a ticket in the uncovered section in the away end. Really !!!

Sir David Gray
19-10-2022, 05:32 PM
£30 for an adult wheelchair user to sit in the away wheelchair section at Pittodrie. :faf:

I'll pass thanks.

Trinity Hibee
19-10-2022, 05:59 PM
Aberdeen could take a leaf out of our book and sell tickets at £10 given the game isn’t on TV either. Might even be train disruption around that date too so will impact the attendance

Carheenlea
19-10-2022, 10:57 PM
The two sections available at present (Q & R) are both undercover.

About the only positive thing you can say about that away end really.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2022, 09:08 PM
£30 for a ticket in the uncovered section in the away end. Really !!!

Nah its not, section P is the uncovered section at Aberdeen and is only ever sold as a last resort when all other sections are sold out. They also knock a couple of quid off the price for the uncovered section if you're unlucky enough to be in it.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2022, 09:13 PM
Aberdeen could take a leaf out of our book and sell tickets at £10 given the game isn’t on TV either. Might even be train disruption around that date too so will impact the attendance

3rd, 5th and 7th November are strike dates. You can get a train up to Aberdeen but will toil to make the last one down the road without leaving early. 21:35 is the last train to Edinburgh. On paper its doable but add in the VAR checks and injuries, this can extend games by 10/20 minutes. You could end missing a large chunk of the 2nd half if you need to catch that train.

JamesHFC
20-10-2022, 09:17 PM
Train up early Friday with hotel booked. Celebrate the victory in Aberdeen that night with train back the next day, no train then get the bus.

This game already stinks of a VAR decision going against us though 😅

B.H.F.C
20-10-2022, 09:28 PM
3rd, 5th and 7th November are strike dates. You can get a train up to Aberdeen but will toil to make the last one down the road without leaving early. 21:35 is the last train to Edinburgh. On paper its doable but add in the VAR checks and injuries, this can extend games by 10/20 minutes. You could end missing a large chunk of the 2nd half if you need to catch that train.

Do the strikes include Scotrail?

Article I read mentioned 11 companies being included, but Scotrail weren’t one of them.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2022, 09:44 PM

Article I read mentioned 11 companies being included, but Scotrail weren’t one of them.

Scotrail themselves aren't on strike on those days but Network Rail will be and their staff are required to keep the railways across the UK operational.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2022, 08:13 AM

No, ScotRail are not on strike until the 26th of November but these dates in a few weeks involve signallers so the network is goosed anyway. The last train isn't a ScotRail service, its a Cross Country service.

Hermit Crab
21-10-2022, 08:15 AM
Train up early Friday with hotel booked. Celebrate the victory in Aberdeen that night with train back the next day, no train then get the bus.

This game already stinks of a VAR decision going against us though 😅

No trains on the Saturday. Buses will be a nightmare. I'd be booking a citylink or megabus now.

Hibs4185
21-10-2022, 09:15 AM
A guy I know just opened a bar next to the ground. It says in the website that it welcomes away fans.

Looks incredible. It’s a competitive bar or something like that. Basically it has shed loads of games and things to do. It’s right on the beach so I think it’s next to the ground.

I’ll try and remember the name of it

Update: The beach bar Aberdeen

davhibby
24-10-2022, 02:18 PM
That’s us now selling the uncovered section, the first 2 must be sold out. Good effort with just under a fortnight to go

Carheenlea
24-10-2022, 04:28 PM
That’s us now selling the uncovered section, the first 2 must be sold out. Good effort with just under a fortnight to go

It feels like the regular travelling support has been boosted by a good few hundred on previous years. Good to see.

B.H.F.C
24-10-2022, 07:00 PM
It feels like the regular travelling support has been boosted by a good few hundred on previous years. Good to see.

Away support has been tremendous this season. Really good numbers.

sadtom
26-10-2022, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if the mutton molesters are doing a PPV for this game?

Eyrie
26-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know if the mutton molesters are doing a PPV for this game?

Nothing has been announced but I'd expect them to offer PPV simply because we have a large fanbase.

sadtom
26-10-2022, 06:55 PM
Nothing has been announced but I'd expect them to offer PPV simply because we have a large fanbase.

Cheers. Hope so. :aok: