PDA

View Full Version : Joao Balde

Highwayman
18-10-2022, 05:41 PM
I was talking to a Bonnyrigg Rose supporter today about their 3-1 defeat to East Fife on Saturday.

He said the outstanding player in the game was Joao Balde currently on loan at East Fife.

The Rosy Posy players couldn’t cope with Balde’s pace and skill and he basically ran the show.

I know very little about the laddie and wonder if anybody else has seen him and what their opinion of him is.

HIBS NUTS
18-10-2022, 05:48 PM
I was talking to a Bonnyrigg Rose supporter today about their 3-1 defeat to East Fife on Saturday.

He said the outstanding player in the game was Joao Balde currently on loan at East Fife.

The Rosy Posy players couldn’t cope with Balde’s pace and skill and he basically ran the show.

I know very little about the laddie and wonder if anybody else has seen him and what their opinion of him is.
He regularly plays for the development squad, he plays in a few positions, but he’s best centre midfield, probably as a holding player.
Hes small and strong and still young, we paid a small fee to civil service strollers, last year.
He’s been a stand out for east fife, most of this season, he definitely is one of our better players out on loan.👍🏻

JDT
18-10-2022, 07:14 PM
He was playing in a more advanced role on Saturday against Bonnyrigg and he was probably man of the match, he had a good game. I can't see him making the grade at Hibs, I think the step up in class from league 2 to SPL would be too much for him but I hope I'm wrong

Onceinawhile
18-10-2022, 09:47 PM
From memory he's 21 or so. If he's running division 2, he's probably not quite good enough unfortunately

Bayern Bru
19-10-2022, 05:19 AM
Josh Campbell wasn’t that much younger when he was doing the same for Edinburgh City and it seems to have been the making of him. Some players clearly just take a bit longer to develop.

I don’t think Joao had ever played league football before this season so I wouldn’t write him off just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happiehibbie
19-10-2022, 08:39 AM
He regularly plays for the development squad, he plays in a few positions, but he’s best centre midfield, probably as a holding player.
Hes small and strong and still young, we paid a small fee to civil service strollers, last year.
He’s been a stand out for east fife, most of this season, he definitely is one of our better players out on loan.👍🏻

NO FEE was paid to us !!!!! we where promised the world and ended up with the hole in the donut

berwickhibee
19-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Watched the game and he was the best player on the park,quick feet and direct but the standard of the game was appalling.

Didn't play up top but played like an old fashioned inside right, effective running at defenders

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2022, 10:13 AM
NO FEE was paid to us !!!!! we where promised the world and ended up with the hole in the donut

Are you saying Hibs bumped the strollers?

Highwayman
19-10-2022, 11:00 AM
From memory he's 21 or so. If he's running division 2, he's probably not quite good enough unfortunately
Used to go and watch Edinburgh City when Hibs were away and City were at home.

This was when they came into League Two in 2016 until just before the lockdown in 2020.

The only player I can recall seeing who I thought could play at a higher level was Ryan Porteous when he was on loan at City.The rest were exactly where they belonged.

On that basis you unfortunately are probably right about Balde.