PDA

View Full Version : Team for Friday

flash
16-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Interesting to see how we line up on Friday as there are several who could do with a seat on the bench.

Marshall

Rocky
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Newall
Magennis
Campbell
Cabraja

Youan
Kukyerevich (spelling I know.)

Mikey_1875
16-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Tin hat on for the defence but I would go for

Marshall

Campbell
Rocky
Porto
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Magennis

Boyle
Kuhareyvich
Youan

The right hand side has been a problem the last couple of games and both Boyle and especially Cadden have looked miles off it. Miller seems to have disappeared and I think Campbell has done a job at full back previously.

Possibly harsh on Hanlon but Rocky and Porto are the future hopefully and I think we need to get them back as a settled partnership soon as.

MWHIBBIES
16-10-2022, 11:22 AM
Campbell is simply not a better option than cadden. Especially at home Vs a pish side. Cadden is a quality player. Fix his errors and let him improve. Don't bench him.

Kyle might start. Cabraja and Youan probably come back in. Otherwise we'll stay similar.

Allant1981
16-10-2022, 11:26 AM
Marshall
Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja
Campbell
Newell
Magennis
Boyle
Youan
Mckirdy

Since452
16-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Marshall
Cabraja
Rocky
Porto
Cadden
Newell
Magennis
Kenneh
Boyle
Youan
Big Mike

Pretty Boy
16-10-2022, 11:31 AM
Cabraja and Youan have to come back in for McKirdy and Stevenson. Potentially looking to get Magennis back in as well but not sure how close he is to giving us 70+ minutes. Beyond that I wouldn't be changing too much.

We have been playing well lately and winning more than we are losing. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater after a bad week (and only one of the 2 defeats was a bad performance).

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell or Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Kuhareyvich
Youan

B.H.F.C
16-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Expect changes.

This is the game Magennis gets back in the team and he’ll stay there, fitness permitting.

Cabraja back in. Best left back, play your best players.

Youan back in, hopefully with some confidence from his goal yesterday.

Northernhibee
16-10-2022, 11:34 AM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Kuhareyvik
Youan

HendoDelivered
16-10-2022, 11:55 AM
Marsh

Cadds
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Myko
Youan

Unseen work
16-10-2022, 12:06 PM
I wouldn’t me making wholesale changes, it’s a bad result but should let mean we start from fresh again imo.

……………………Marshall…………,

Cadden….Porteous….Hanlon…..Cabraja…..

………….Magennis……Newell…….

Boyle………….Campbell………..Youan….

…………………..Kukharevych……..

Only issue is I think the main reason we’ve been good lately is Kenneh sitting and allowing others to play. But he was really poor from what I saw yesterday.

On another note where is Lewis Miller?

JohnM1875
16-10-2022, 12:19 PM
I wouldn’t me making wholesale changes, it’s a bad result but should let mean we start from fresh again imo.

……………………Marshall…………,

………….Magennis……Newell…….

…………………..Kukharevych……..

Only issue is I think the main reason we’ve been good lately is Kenneh sitting and allowing others to play. But he was really poor from what I saw yesterday.

Swap Magennis and Campbell surely?

I've asked the same about Miler a few times now, not been included in the squad for a while and no mention of him by Hibs anywhere. Hope everything is ok. He posted something on Instagram I think about being home sick a while ago.

hibee-boys
16-10-2022, 12:21 PM
3/4/1/2

Rocky/Porteous/Cabraja
Cadden/Newell/Campbell/Mitchell
Magennis
Boyle/Kukharevych

Boyle not getting involved enough out wide, easier to defend against out there as well. I’d possibly play Mckirdy up front with Boyle in the slot between midfield and attack if Magennis isn’t ready to start. Get 60mins from Mitchell.

Pretty Boy
16-10-2022, 12:23 PM
Swap Magennis and Campbell surely?

I've asked the same about Miler a few times now, not been included in the squad for a while and no mention of him by Hibs anywhere. Hope everything is ok. He posted something on Instagram I think about being home sick a while ago.

He may well be injured, however Johnson was pretty scathing about him after the whole shin pads incident so perhaps not.

I've not seen much of him but tbh I wasn't all that impressed with what I did see. Not sure he's really ready to be contributing at 1st team level even if he is fit.

Hibees1973
16-10-2022, 12:26 PM

……………………Marshall…………,

………….Magennis……Newell…….

…………………..Kukharevych……..

Reckon this is about right. Marshall was already signed on a pre contract before Johnson came in and Boyle was here this time last year so didn't have to be scouted/identified by our recruitment team. So out of the 13 or 14 other signings only Cabraja, Youan and Kukharevych make it into what I feel is our best first team. When you bring a fully fit Nisbet to replace Kukharevych, then we are down to 2. If Youan was to leave tomorrow no one would miss him, we would forget quickly he was even here.

So only 1, Cabraja from all these signings made has improved us.

Proves what a debacle the last transfer window was.

Kind of proves what a debacle the last couple of transfer windows have been.

Since452
16-10-2022, 12:40 PM
We're 3rd and recently won 4 on the spin. Are things really that bad? I've no issues with our squad. Actually think the recruitment has been pretty good and pushed us on a fair bit from last season. A battering away to Celtic doesn't change my opinion.

eastmainsmsh
16-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Marshall
Cadden
Porto
Rocky
Cabraja

Campbell
Kennah
Magennis

Boyle
Myk
Yoann

J-C
16-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabreja

Campbell
Newell
McGennis

Boyle
Kukharevych
Youan.

Green Reaper
16-10-2022, 12:55 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Kuhareyvik
Youan
This team to start for me, if game is going well and DM not required we get Magennis on early to get more minutes in his legs.

easty
16-10-2022, 12:59 PM
Cabraja and Youan have to come back in for McKirdy and Stevenson. Potentially looking to get Magennis back in as well but not sure how close he is to giving us 70+ minutes. Beyond that I wouldn't be changing too much.

We have been playing well lately and winning more than we are losing. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater after a bad week (and only one of the 2 defeats was a bad performance).

Marshall

Cadden
Hanlon
Porteous
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell or Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Kuhareyvich
Youan

I’d have the same, but with one of Campbell or Magennis starting. Newell starts for me.

Really hoping Youan can kick on with a run of goals.

Donegal Hibby
16-10-2022, 02:51 PM
I’d have the same, but with one of Campbell or Magennis starting. Newell starts for me.

Really hoping Youan can kick on with a run of goals.
Interesting article in EEN on Youan

JammyDoidger
16-10-2022, 04:03 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Boyle
Newell
Campbell
Youan

Mckirdy
Big Myk

Scotty Leither
16-10-2022, 04:11 PM
I wouldn’t have Kenneh anywhere near the team. He was like a rabbit in headlights yesterday.

Magennis should start, at least he’ll take the ball forward you would imagine.

MWHIBBIES
16-10-2022, 04:53 PM
I wouldn’t have Kenneh anywhere near the team. He was like a rabbit in headlights yesterday.

Magennis should start, at least he’ll take the ball forward you would imagine.

Kenneh excellent in our recent wins. Maybe give him a break, but as we have no other midfielders like him, he'll be involved in the squad.

''at least'' implies our other midfielders don't do that, which isn't true. Kyle being back is brilliant, but we cant rush him.

Keyser Sauzee
16-10-2022, 05:00 PM
He may well be injured, however Johnson was pretty scathing about him after the whole shin pads incident so perhaps not.

I've not seen much of him but tbh I wasn't all that impressed with what I did see. Not sure he's really ready to be contributing at 1st team level even if he is fit.

First I've read about this, what happened?

Billy Whizz
16-10-2022, 05:14 PM

He was going on as a sub, can’t remember which game, but Lee said he should have had his shin guards on, be better prepared to play

Pretty Boy
16-10-2022, 05:46 PM

St Mirren away. We wanted to make a quick sub and he had to go and find his shin pads then get his socks taped up and all the other stuff players do now.

There was an additional 2 or 3 passages of play before we actually made the sub. Johnson made a point of mentioning it in his post match interview.

erin go bragh
16-10-2022, 07:01 PM
Marsh

Cadds
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Myko
Youan

That’s the team for me 👍

Donegal Hibby
16-10-2022, 09:28 PM
Marsh

Cadds
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Myko
Youan

Gets my vote. :aok:

Brightside
17-10-2022, 07:39 AM
St Mirren away. We wanted to make a quick sub and he had to go and find his shin pads then get his socks taped up and all the other stuff players do now.

There was an additional 2 or 3 passages of play before we actually made the sub. Johnson made a point of mentioning it in his post match interview.

Johnson chucked him under the bus. Interesting how many people want Hanlon dropped after having an excellent season so far. Porto and Hanlon have been very good in the majority of games. It’s the last part of the team that should be changing. For me we go with Youan up top for this game. Kenneh has done well apart from the when playing against quick pressing teams. I’d try and get mcgennis in but it would probably be for Newell and he appears to be a fav of LJ.

Hibee Daft
17-10-2022, 08:28 AM
Id play 442 diamond formation

Cadden-----Rocky----Porteous-----Cabraja
---------------Kenneh-------------------
---------Campbell----Magennis-----------
----------------Boyle-------------------
-----------Youan-------Myko-------------

CapitalGreen
17-10-2022, 08:38 AM
Cadden-----Porto----Hanlon-----Cabraja
---------------Kenneh-------------------
---------Magennis----Newell-----------
---Martin Boyle in a roaming free role----
-----------Youan-----Myko-------------

Diclonius
17-10-2022, 09:32 AM
Marshall

Cadden Porteous Hanlon Bushiri Cabraja

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2022, 09:38 AM
Johnson chucked him under the bus. Interesting how many people want Hanlon dropped after having an excellent season so far. Porto and Hanlon have been very good in the majority of games. It’s the last part of the team that should be changing. For me we go with Youan up top for this game. Kenneh has done well apart from the when playing against quick pressing teams. I’d try and get mcgennis in but it would probably be for Newell and he appears to be a fav of LJ.

Why is any criticism of a player seen as chucking them under the bus. I've read multiple football biographies in which the players say to always be ready to come on, have your gear ready. Miller wasn't prepared and got called out for it.

JimBHibees
17-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Why is any criticism of a player seen as chucking them under the bus. I've read multiple football biographies in which the players say to always be ready to come on, have your gear ready. Miller wasn't prepared and got called out for it.

Agree think he has every right to be annoyed given what sounds like a lack of professionalism by the player.

number9dream
17-10-2022, 09:45 AM
Interesting to see how we line up on Friday as there are several who could do with a seat on the bench.

Marshall

Rocky
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Newall
Magennis
Campbell
Cabraja

Youan
Kukyerevich (spelling I know.)

I like this. Maybe consider Mitchell instead of Cabraja to make it even more attacking but it’s maybe too early for him to be starting. Whoever plays we need to start on the front foot and really go hell for leather…

jacomo
17-10-2022, 10:12 AM
Campbell is simply not a better option than cadden. Especially at home Vs a pish side. Cadden is a quality player. Fix his errors and let him improve. Don't bench him.

Kyle might start. Cabraja and Youan probably come back in. Otherwise we'll stay similar.

Tbf Josh Campbell has done well at rb previously. He brings lots of energy and endeavour to the park as we know, which serve us well in that position.

Unseen work
17-10-2022, 10:49 AM
I’d be stunned if the reason Miller isn’t in the squad is because the shin pads incident. That’s surely a talk to after the game and forgotten about.

Wonder if it’s an injury or family issue/home sick.

Or it could just be that with those on the bench and how versatile some are he doesn’t see a right back as the most important position to have?

I’ve still found him impressive at times, a bit careless with his passing and touch but I think a run of games would iron that out and he’s really impress.

But Cadden has done really well lately, even Saturday he was up against a very good player and a team that creates numerous overloads

andrew70
17-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Miller is injured

Blaster
17-10-2022, 11:07 AM
Why is there such a clamour for wholesale changes. As disappointing as Saturday was, we’d won 4 games in a row before that and should have beaten Dundee Utd - that performance was still decent but we didn’t take our chances. It happens

I’m as keen as anyone to get Magennis back in but maybe another 45mins this Friday will get him closer to a start in the game or two afterwards

loanheadhibby
17-10-2022, 11:20 AM
Why is there such a clamour for wholesale changes. As disappointing as Saturday was, we’d won 4 games in a row before that and should have beaten Dundee Utd - that performance was still decent but we didn’t take our chances. It happens

I’m as keen as anyone to get Magennis back in but maybe another 45mins this Friday will get him closer to a start in the game or two afterwards

And now it’s 2 defeats in a row so maybe freshen it up to stop it being 3 in a row. Surely Fish has to be in with a shout of starting? Back 3 of Porto, Rocky & Fish?

Tambo
17-10-2022, 12:40 PM
I would stick with the 4-3-3.

St Johnstone won't cause as much problems that celtic I wouldn't of thought so.

Marshall

Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja

Kenneh
Newell
Magennis

Boyle
McKirdy
Youan

Would like so see Harry used more central and maybe harsh to drop Campbell over kenneh.

overdrive
17-10-2022, 12:49 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Magennis
Youan

Big Myk

Sioux
17-10-2022, 12:49 PM
I like this. Maybe consider Mitchell instead of Cabraja to make it even more attacking but it’s maybe too early for him to be starting. Whoever plays we need to start on the front foot and really go hell for leather…

Running about like headless chickens against a team who will sit deep will never be the answer.

B.H.F.C
17-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Marshall

Cadden
Rocky
Porteous
Cabraja

Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Magennis
Youan

Big Myk

Think that’ll be the team we see.

Brightside
17-10-2022, 01:52 PM

Watch any game and you will see lots of players on the sidelines not wearing full kit ready to go. It’s normal. To then expect him to be ready at a second notice in like the 88th minute was unprofessional from the coaching staff and not the players. LJ was using deflection to cover a poor performance…similar to when he slated the team after the celtic game. By all means take a player to task after a game but to do it in public is a weakness. It’s done to appease fans and certainly wont improve a player.

MWHIBBIES
17-10-2022, 02:01 PM
Watch any game and you will see lots of players on the sidelines not wearing full kit ready to go. It’s normal. To then expect him to be ready at a second notice in like the 88th minute was unprofessional from the coaching staff and not the players. LJ was using deflection to cover a poor performance…similar to when he slated the team after the celtic game. By all means take a player to task after a game but to do it in public is a weakness. It’s done to appease fans and certainly wont improve a player.

Ah, so because lots of players do it, it's okay? You should at the very least have your gear ready to go. Don't really see the big problem, think you're looking for something.

Slating the team who were absolutely dreadful at Celtic isn't deflection, it's standard. They deserved it, they were poor and made daft individual errors. Regardless off the tactics, bad individuals errors shouldn't happen.

Hiber-nation
17-10-2022, 02:03 PM

It's totally unacceptable for a player to be nowhere near ready to come on no matter what minute of the game it is.

J-C
17-10-2022, 02:19 PM

Nonsense, the players should all be booted up and the only thing they have to do is put on their top.

Brightside
17-10-2022, 02:23 PM
Ah, so because lots of players do it, it's okay? You should at the very least have your gear ready to go. Don't really see the big problem, think you're looking for something.

Slating the team who were absolutely dreadful at Celtic isn't deflection, it's standard. They deserved it, they were poor and made daft individual errors. Regardless off the tactics, bad individuals errors shouldn't happen.

I’m not looking for anything. Doesn’t matter which manager it is and ive no issue in general with LJ but that’s a few times now that he has deflected from his own mistakes by blaming players. Deciding he wanted a “big man” on for a corner etc in the last minute and ignoring Daz sitting on then bench ready to go was just a last minute panic following on from a very poor game were he got the tactics wrong. He got the tactics wrong v Celtic too. There is no doubt the players didn’t perform but most managers would take it on the chin and deal with the issues internal. Berating the full backs in public wont help….. they simply weren’t good enough against better players. The majority of managers would say “we” weren’t good enough or “we” didn’t implement the plan correctly.

I’m looking forward to getting back on track on Friday.

Brightside
17-10-2022, 02:25 PM
Nonsense, the players should all be booted up and the only thing they have to do is put on their top.

But its not nonsense. Loads of players are not ready on the bench in every game. Whether we think they should be is not the point.

J-C
17-10-2022, 02:49 PM
But its not nonsense. Loads of players are not ready on the bench in every game. Whether we think they should be is not the point.

Or possibly Johnson has told them all to be ready at a moments notice and he wasn't, hence the bollocking.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2022, 02:50 PM

Agreed re Hanlon. We have been very good defensively up until Saturday. Even then a lot of the problems stemmed from the wide areas, none of Cadden, Stevenson or Cabraja covered themselves in glory. Obviously the central pairing will still be disappointed with themselves but it's hardly been a pattern of poor performances from them.

Equally I'm surprised at how many seem to either want or expect a huge shift in the shape of the team. I expect a bit tinkering with the personnel on Friday but the shape won't be changing a whole lot. It's been working for us and is obviously a system LJ likes and wants to use.

Allant1981
17-10-2022, 03:05 PM

A weakness😂😂😂

Mcbizz1998
17-10-2022, 08:45 PM
I’m not looking for anything. Doesn’t matter which manager it is and ive no issue in general with LJ but that’s a few times now that he has deflected from his own mistakes by blaming players. Deciding he wanted a “big man” on for a corner etc in the last minute and ignoring Daz sitting on then bench ready to go was just a last minute panic following on from a very poor game were he got the tactics wrong. He got the tactics wrong v Celtic too. There is no doubt the players didn’t perform but most managers would take it on the chin and deal with the issues internal. Berating the full backs in public wont help….. they simply weren’t good enough against better players. The majority of managers would say “we” weren’t good enough or “we” didn’t implement the plan correctly.

I’m looking forward to getting back on track on Friday.

Tactics might have been wrong v Celtic but 3 of the goals were massive errors from hibs players.

Just not good enough and LJ rightly pointed that out.

Smartie
17-10-2022, 09:02 PM

Agreed.

I'd be getting back to the team that served us well throughout the good run. There'll have been 6 days since the last game and a couple of players didn't start the Celtic game who should be returned to the starting line up.

The bench looks strong to shake it up again if necessary.

Nicho87
18-10-2022, 04:21 PM
Marshall

Cadden Porto Rocky Cabraja

campbell newell

Magennis

Boyle myk youan

Donegal Hibby
18-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Hanlon a slight doubt for Friday also Lee Johnson said he probably shouldn't have played Kukharevych against Celtic as he wasn't 100% fit due to a back problem though he should be ok for Friday .He's on about changing team again after Celtic game too

basehibby
20-10-2022, 11:12 PM
Marsh

Cadds
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Newell
Magennis
Campbell

Boyle
Myko
Youan

This is the lineup I'd go for. Magennis looks about ready for a start and if you had to drop one from the midfield after Sat then Kenneh would be the man to take the fall after his fresh air swipe - although he certainly wasn't the only one to have a poor game!
Youan deserves the start after his goal and I'd have Cabraja back in for Lewis.

Donegal Hibby
20-10-2022, 11:29 PM
This is the lineup I'd go for. Magennis looks about ready for a start and if you had to drop one from the midfield after Sat then Kenneh would be the man to take the fall after his fresh air swipe - although he certainly wasn't the only one to have a poor game!
Youan deserves the start after his goal and I'd have Cabraja back in for Lewis.
Wonder who are the couple of players who have bruises that's going to be assessed before the game ?

Hibbyradge
20-10-2022, 11:32 PM
Sproule

Sproule Sproule Sproule etc

basehibby
20-10-2022, 11:35 PM

Miller is injured - as per this story from the fishul site ...

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/nisbet-progress-miller-bojang-out (https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/nisbet-progress-miller-bojang-out)

From what I've seen of him he has some promise - very physical and direct - although is clearly behind Cadden for a starting spot at right back at this stage. He needs to bide hs time and be patient.
Wouldn't read too much into the shin pads incident. He's been told to pull his socks up (bada-tish) and as long as he's listened and learned from it I don't see how that should affect his career at Hibs.

JJP
21-10-2022, 12:18 AM
Marshall

Rocky
Porto
Hanlon

Cadden
Magennis
Campbell
Newell
Cabraja

Boyle
Youan

basehibby
21-10-2022, 12:33 AM
Wonder who are the couple of players who have bruises that's going to be assessed before the game ?

This could be key to the starting lineup. Four players subbed at HT at CP might be a clue as to their identity maybe...

hibernian1982
21-10-2022, 08:55 AM
4-3-3

Marshall

Cadden
Porto
Hanlon
Cabraja

Campbell
Magennis
Newell

Boyle
Youan
Mitchell

Donegal Hibby
21-10-2022, 10:16 AM
This could be key to the starting lineup. Four players subbed at HT at CP might be a clue as to their identity maybe...
Seem to remember Lee Johnson saying Kukharevych wasn't 100%fit due to back injury and he probably shouldn't have played him at parkhead , he was one definitely taken off along with Mckirdy , Campbell and Stevenson I think ? All its and buts and I'm hoping they pass fitness test anyhow

Hibernian Verse
21-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Seem to remember Lee Johnson saying Kukharevych wasn't 100%fit due to back injury and he probably shouldn't have played him at parkhead , he was one definitely taken off along with Mckirdy , Campbell and Stevenson I think ? All its and buts and I'm hoping they pass fitness test anyhow

Myko is fit for tonight

Donegal Hibby
21-10-2022, 10:33 AM
Myko is fit for tonight
Good , think he could be a important player for us tonight

Donegal Hibby
21-10-2022, 12:33 PM
How Hibs could line up against St Johnstone with 3 changes being mooted . EEN .

basehibby
21-10-2022, 12:50 PM

It was Cadden - not Campbell. Otherwise bang on. I suspect Caden may be among those with bumps to assess

Donegal Hibby
21-10-2022, 12:57 PM
It was Cadden - not Campbell. Otherwise bang on. I suspect Caden may be among those with bumps to assess
Hanlon's definitely one that's going to be assessed according to EEN though with Bushiri and fish available hopefully we won't be to weakened if Hanlon doesn't make it .