PDA

View Full Version : They say it's the hope that kills you

Keith_M
15-10-2022, 04:46 PM
Just when it looks like you've finally turned a corner, it all goes t1ts up... again

:rolleyes:

eastterrace
15-10-2022, 04:56 PM
Just when it looks like you've finally turned a corner, it all goes t1ts up... again

:rolleyes:thats hibs for you , been like that since I’ve supported them from the mid sixties. They build you up then it’s downward spiral for a few weeks then up again till the usual mid season slump.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2022, 05:09 PM
Yes, but we've taken many pumpings against Celtic over the years; it isn't a big shock. The Dundee United defeat was a sickener.

loanheadhibby
15-10-2022, 05:13 PM
Yes, but we've taken many pumpings against Celtic over the years; it isn't a big shock. The Dundee United defeat was a sickener.

2002 was apparently last time we conceded 6 at Parkhead. Agree to an extent that utd was worse but our away form under LJ is a real concern now.

MWHIBBIES
15-10-2022, 05:15 PM
Except it has not gone tits up, has it? We got robbed on Tuesday and pumped today. No one died. We've got a favourable run ahead. Could be going into the break 3rd or 4th. Really no need for this misery.

hibsbollah
15-10-2022, 05:22 PM
It’s one game.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2022, 05:22 PM
Except it has not gone tits up, has it? We got robbed on Tuesday and pumped today. No one died. We've got a favourable run ahead. Could be going into the break 3rd or 4th. Really no need for this misery.

As loanheadhibby says, we must improve on the road. Any team in the league can be hammered at Parkhead, even Rangers were, but we must see improvement in away games.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2022, 05:27 PM
Ans another thing that is classic Hibs. Just a couple of days ago I was loving watching Hearts leathered in Italy, 5-1. So of course we go and concede six today. It's better to laugh than to cry at it.

Pagan Hibernia
15-10-2022, 05:31 PM
thats hibs for you , been like that since I’ve supported them from the mid sixties. They build you up then it’s downward spiral for a few weeks then up again till the usual mid season slump.

that’s not a Hibs trait, it’s a non old firm trait.

Jones28
15-10-2022, 05:35 PM
2002 was apparently last time we conceded 6 at Parkhead. Agree to an extent that utd was worse but our away form under LJ is a real concern now.

Other than today and against st Mirren put away performances have not been “concerning”.

A Hi-Bee
15-10-2022, 05:45 PM
We need some kind of handicap system introduced, something to bring the 2 weedgie clubs down a peg or so , make it a level playing field in my humble, it will never happen of course to many vested interests, too many people making much money out of the way things are.

Broken Gnome
15-10-2022, 05:52 PM
Entirely possible to be pissed off with a 6-1 cuffing but not lose the rag and call it a disgrace and a sackable offence.

It's also his first time in Glasgow, so he's maybe allowed a bit of naivety rather than it being symbolic of bad away form.

Bad result, easily fixable if things improve from here.

tamig
15-10-2022, 06:19 PM
Other than today and against st Mirren put away performances have not been “concerning”.

If we’re not winning, everything is a concern for that poster 🙄

Mikey_1875
15-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Waste of money today but I suppose the prize for playing well in a 2-1 defeat and today’s effort is exactly the same - 0 points.

The most important thing is that the players and managers are now hungry to put that right on Friday against St Johnstone and get us moving in the right direction again. It will take time to rectify the car crash of last season but i’m still sure today was just a small dip in an upward curve for us under LJ.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-10-2022, 07:01 PM
Celtic took 9 off United. 4 off County, 5 off killie and 4 off the team deemed best placed to challenge them

Let's look to react at a sold out ER on Friday night

loanheadhibby
15-10-2022, 07:01 PM

Lost to St Mirren, Livingston, Dundee Utd, Falkirk and Celtic. Folded like a pack of cards today. Almost always concede 1st goal away from home.

Won away at Ross County.

Away performances definitely concerning.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-10-2022, 07:20 PM

December 2003. Less than 2 weeks after we'd knocked them out of the league cup.

Every team in the leagues been pumped by Celtc/Huns, we're no different in that regard. I'd be more concerned about losing games like midweek at Tannadice, where we failed to take our many chances.

We have 5 games before the World Cup break, three very winnable home games and two tricky but not impossible away games. Let's see how we are in a few weeks time before pressing the panic button.

OstKurve Hibs
15-10-2022, 07:35 PM
We need some kind of handicap system introduced, something to bring the 2 weedgie clubs down a peg or so , make it a level playing field in my humble, it will never happen of course to many vested interests, too many people making much money out of the way things are.

Gi it a rest eh, your boring.

Jones28
15-10-2022, 07:48 PM
Lost to St Mirren, Livingston, Dundee Utd, Falkirk and Celtic. Folded like a pack of cards today. Almost always concede 1st goal away from home.

Won away at Ross County.

Our performances deserved more from the Livi and Dundee United games, even you would surely see that?

Falkirk and St Mirren we’re poor, no doubt, as was today. But it’s not a concern.

loanheadhibby
15-10-2022, 08:04 PM
Our performances deserved more from the Livi and Dundee United games, even you would surely see that?

Falkirk and St Mirren we’re poor, no doubt, as was today. But it’s not a concern.

We’ve lost 5 out of 7 away games and it’s not a concern? We’ve won away to Bonnyrigg & Ross County.

Performance itself unfortunately does not get you points. Scoring goals and not conceding 1st will be a start.

I’ll take poorer performances on the road and start picking up draws and a couple of victories.

Today was always going to be tough however we made it easy for them. Sunday league stuff I heard it described by LJ.

Since452
15-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Didn't expect anything less than a defeat today and a pumping was a strong possibility.

Bridge hibs
15-10-2022, 08:22 PM
We’ve lost 5 out of 7 away games and it’s not a concern? We’ve won away to Bonnyrigg & Ross County.

Performance itself unfortunately does not get you points. Scoring goals and not conceding 1st will be a start.

I’ll take poorer performances on the road and start picking up draws and a couple of victories.

Today was always going to be tough however we made it easy for them. Sunday league stuff I heard it described by LJ.
Did I just imagine us beating St Johnstone away ?

loanheadhibby
15-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Did I just imagine us beating St Johnstone away ?

Apologies, I was there as well. Old age and all that

Donegal Hibby
15-10-2022, 08:35 PM

Won away at Ross County.

You certainly pick your moments to cheer everyone up ,Don't you?

Leith Green
15-10-2022, 08:41 PM
Didn't expect anything less than a defeat today and a pumping was a strong possibility.

Sounds harsh but very true … I went today with a little hope , but absolutely zero expectation and thought there was a chance we would get a bit of a doing. Collectively not good enough , bit naive from Lee Johnson and some really poor individual performances and mistakes. We need to take it on the chin , learn the lessons and move on. Im far happier and more positive than i was going into the season , the next batch of games before the world cup break are the crucial fixtures

loanheadhibby
15-10-2022, 09:15 PM
You certainly pick your moments to cheer everyone up ,Don't you?

We won at St Johnstone as well. Late winner from Campbell which fairly cheered me up.

I’ll be back on my game this Friday.

CmoantheHibs
15-10-2022, 09:25 PM
We won at St Johnstone as well. Late winner from Campbell which fairly cheered me up.

I’ll be back on my game this Friday.
Your game seems to be constant negativity so forgive me if I hope you're not on your game Friday

HendoDelivered
15-10-2022, 09:50 PM
It’s one game.

This. Utter drama queen 🤣

Man Down Under
15-10-2022, 10:22 PM
I was kind of expecting a bit of a doing. Celtic have been pushing themselves against Champions League opposition for a few weeks, a domestic home game would have felt like a walk in the park in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Nicho87
16-10-2022, 08:23 AM
No one was really expecting anything yesterday were they?

David v Goliath

Yes David will throw a punch or two but the financial gulf and quality of player is bigger than it ever was (34 year old poster)

Keith_M
16-10-2022, 08:41 AM
Loads of replies saying it's only one game and Celtc beat most clubs, but...

It's not losing the game, as I always thought that was the most likely result, it's the manner of the defeat.

Yes, Celtc have been winning most matches but, recently, a large number of those they've mostly just scraped over the line with a narrow win....but yesterday was a total walkover.

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2022, 02:00 PM

David v Goliath

Yes David will throw a punch or two but the financial gulf and quality of player is bigger than it ever was (34 year old poster)

Expected nothing but a defeat there, but I wasn't expecting 6-1.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2022, 02:08 PM

It's not losing the game, as I always thought that was the most likely result, it's the manner of the defeat.

Yes, Celtc have been winning most matches but, recently, a large number of those they've mostly just scraped over the line with a narrow win....but yesterday was a total walkover.

:agree: The outcome wasn't likely to be anything other than a home win but I honestly thought we would give them a decent game. 6-1 is a bit of a sickener to be honest, we never turned up, our total approach was all wrong.

basehibby
16-10-2022, 02:31 PM

David v Goliath

Expecting? No.
Hoping? Yes
As discussed on another thread our record at parkhead sees us come away with a draw roughly one in every 5 games and a win once in every 10. Although that spells out a tough fixture it should never be considered out of the question that we could get something from there.

basehibby
16-10-2022, 02:36 PM

We set out to take the game to them whereas most set their stall out to be stingy and defend at CP. It didn't work and there are lessons to be learned.
I know bad results can affect morale but will be surprised if this particular one derails us from the track we've been on - so expect another attacking performance vs St J - hopefully with more joy in front of goal!

j'adorehibs
16-10-2022, 03:20 PM
people who seriously think we can challenge the old firm need a reality check - its not going to happen - as long as they keep getting euro league places and all that income plus 50k fans every other week etc etc its not or never will be a level field - its a free hit - take it , we got cuffed, sad but true , im more concerned with the other 9 teams we face and from what ive seen ive only been annoyed at the st mirren loss as we could have done so much better there, other losses have been not taking chances - once we get someone hitting the net regular its game on for third. so please youyan got a goal, now he can relax and start banging them in, and hopefully a fit nisbet will change chances to goals too.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2022, 03:49 PM
people who seriously think we can challenge the old firm need a reality check - its not going to happen - as long as they keep getting euro league places and all that income plus 50k fans every other week etc etc its not or never will be a level field - its a free hit - take it , we got cuffed, sad but true , im more concerned with the other 9 teams we face and from what ive seen ive only been annoyed at the st mirren loss as we could have done so much better there, other losses have been not taking chances - once we get someone hitting the net regular its game on for third. so please youyan got a goal, now he can relax and start banging them in, and hopefully a fit nisbet will change chances to goals too.

Nobody is talking about challenging the so called 'old firm' mate ... though that's only a middle east potentate falling in love with sunny Leith away :greengrin

When we play either erse cheek it isn't the result so much as the manner of the performance we look for, on Saturday that performance, if you could call it that, clearly fell miles from the standard we need to be at to challenge for 3rd never mind win the league.

The fact is between the keeper and the back 4 of Cadden, Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson every single one of them had been capped by Scotland at senior level and between them they had more than 1,500 appearances in first team professional football, even the youngest ( Porteous ) has over 100 first team appearances .... on that basis you simply have to expect them to be better than they were.

I'm willing to accept that the tactics the manager deployed probably left them more exposed than was healthy for even the best defence, but even so according to everything I've read from folk who saw the game we were absolutely littered with individual errors that cost us goals. In the end you simply can't be allowed a 'pass' for a performance like that no matter where it was or who it was against, in domestic football anyway.

The way ticket sales look Easter Road is going to be packed this Friday ..... win and we can put Saturday behind us, anything less will be a massive disappointment.

Hibee Mac
16-10-2022, 03:57 PM
Why are so many people sh***ing the bed after yesterday? Not the first or last time that any team will take a beating at Celtic Park.

We're a good team, still in 3rd and yet to really click or hit top gear. All positives for me going forward, Friday a big game and a great chance to really get back to winning ways.

j'adorehibs
16-10-2022, 04:06 PM
Nobody is talking about challenging the so called 'old firm' mate ... though that's only a middle east potentate falling in love with sunny Leith away :greengrin

When we play either erse cheek it isn't the result so much as the manner of the performance we look for, on Saturday that performance, if you could call it that, clearly fell miles from the standard we need to be at to challenge for 3rd never mind win the league.

The fact is between the keeper and the back 4 of Cadden, Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson every single one of them had been capped by Scotland at senior level and between them they had more than 1,500 appearances in first team professional football, even the youngest ( Porteous ) has over 100 first team appearances .... on that basis you simply have to expect them to be better than they were.

I'm willing to accept that the tactics the manager deployed probably left them more exposed than was healthy for even the best defence, but even so according to everything I've read from folk who saw the game we were absolutely littered with individual errors that cost us goals. In the end you simply can't be allowed a 'pass' for a performance like that no matter where it was or who it was against, in domestic football anyway.

The way ticket sales look Easter Road is going to be packed this Friday ..... win and we can put Saturday behind us, anything less will be a massive disappointment.

of the 4 you mention capped at Scotland level - they were primarily due to significant amount of injuries bar marshall - your talking one cap or so for each !!! they wouldn't have been capped if not for injuries to far better players. its wrong to think we have an experienced international capped team. i honestly dont think they are better than what they are- thats why the constantly make mistakes ....they arent the celtic or rangers level im afraid else they'd be paying there or english championship

Tyler Durden
16-10-2022, 04:22 PM
Why are so many people sh***ing the bed after yesterday? Not the first or last time that any team will take a beating at Celtic Park.

We're a good team, still in 3rd and yet to really click or hit top gear. All positives for me going forward, Friday a big game and a great chance to really get back to winning ways.

It’s just the usual bores/trolls who love to wallow in any defeat

Best ignored

Hibernia&Alba
17-10-2022, 07:23 PM
Celtic took 9 off United. 4 off County, 5 off killie and 4 off the team deemed best placed to challenge them

Let's look to react at a sold out ER on Friday night

True, Celtic will dish out plenty of hammerings, so Saturday, as bad as it was, isn't the end of the world. It's always embarrassing to concede six goals, but they are a far better team and we allowed them to play. Like I said, the Dundee United defeat angered me more, even though we were cheated.

Keith_M
21-10-2022, 09:16 PM
It's deja vu all over again.

:rolleyes: