PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V St Johnstone Dot Count - 7.30pm kick off!

Pages : [1] 2

Since452
12-10-2022, 03:40 PM
Looks to be only around 300 odd left in the home stands. Should make for a really good atmosphere.

Irish_Steve
12-10-2022, 03:46 PM
Looks to be only around 300 odd left in the home stands. Should make for a really good atmosphere.

A) If everyone turns up

B) Saintees get a blatantly offside goal but VAR gives it lol

leftpeg
12-10-2022, 07:52 PM
Hopefully get the Dunbar end opened for Hibs fans

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
12-10-2022, 08:20 PM
Can’t get 2 together it seems in any stands.

They will need to open up the South Stand for Hibs fans.

Great support and looking forward to a Friday night game.

Dmas
13-10-2022, 05:39 AM
Can’t get 2 together it seems in any stands.

They will need to open up the South Stand for Hibs fans.

Great support and looking forward to a Friday night game.

I just went to buy and realised this myself, wasn’t expecting to have issues il wait and see if they open up the south not sure I fancy sitting there tbh if there’s a decent take up of those seats a different story

Since452
13-10-2022, 07:46 AM
Thought they would have opened the south by now so people can choose to sit together. It might be putting people off.

superfurryhibby
13-10-2022, 07:48 AM
Hopefully get the Dunbar end opened for Hibs fans

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Thought they would have opened the south by now so people can choose to sit together. It might be putting people off.

I was going to go with a few lapsed (attendee) HIbs fans, no seats together anywhere.

C'mon HIbs, open up the South Stand and we'll sell more tickets.

bod
13-10-2022, 07:53 AM
Has anyone emailed hibs to ask if they’re opening the south ? I know they should be dot counting themselves but if people can’t sit together then they should be telling them

Garymcl
13-10-2022, 08:13 AM
This is great news brilliant backing from our support I love the idea of Friday night football hope the south stand is opened up then many more tickets will get sold let’s get this game sold out good chance for fellow hibbys to encourage lapsed other fellow hibbys to get along just love a dot count :thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
13-10-2022, 08:47 AM
Hopefully they open a couple sections in the South and allow non-attending season tickets to make their seats in the other stands available for purchase.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2022, 08:52 AM
Hibs are selling direct to St Johnstone supporters, so far only one block open for them in the South

CapitalGreen
13-10-2022, 09:00 AM
Section 26 in the South on sale now.

CapitalGreen
13-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Hibs are selling direct to St Johnstone supporters, so far only one block open for them in the South

Saints have sold all of section 29 and only 11 seats of section 30 remaining. Half of section 28 on sale to them.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2022, 09:09 AM
Saints have sold all of section 29 and only 11 seats of section 30 remaining. Half of section 28 on sale to them.

Ok I looked earlier and only one block was on sale, mostly sold

Garymcl
13-10-2022, 11:35 AM
Excellent chance we can have a near sell out if we really push this affordable for everyone team playing well and me personally and most who I’ve spoken too like the idea of Friday night football cmon let’s get this sold out if possible :flag:

Hibby70
17-10-2022, 06:13 AM
Need to open another section or two in the South as it's down to singles

Since452
17-10-2022, 07:36 AM
East sold out.
2 seats avaliable in west.
23 in FF.

CapitalGreen
17-10-2022, 07:57 AM
9 seats in the St Johnstone end.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2022, 08:47 AM
Surprised they've not just opened up all the seats. Ticket exchange would likely do a brisk trade in ffl too, as its a late night for kids to be out.

CapitalGreen
17-10-2022, 08:50 AM
Section 31 of South Upper on sale now.

32 singles in other sections.

1 ticket left in St Johnstone end.

flash
17-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Big crowd needs a big performance. Entertain the people and they will return.

Hibby70
17-10-2022, 11:24 AM
Expect we'll have a crowd of somewhere between 18.5 and 19k. I know it's reduced price but that's pretty astonishing when you think back only a few years when we struggled to get 13k for an old firm game.

There's a huge potential at this club if we just manage to get some managerial stability and a decent squad.

evy
17-10-2022, 11:34 AM
Looking forward to Friday night.

First catch-up with the lads for a while, couple of pre-match beers and hopefully a hibs win.

CapitalGreen
17-10-2022, 12:11 PM
Section 31 of South Upper on sale now.

32 singles in other sections.

1 ticket left in St Johnstone end.

Section 31 & 32 of South Upper on sale now.

22 singles in other sections.

No tickets available in the St Johnstone end.

NAE NOOKIE
17-10-2022, 12:20 PM
Expect we'll have a crowd of somewhere between 18.5 and 19k. I know it's reduced price but that's pretty astonishing when you think back only a few years when we struggled to get 13k for an old firm game.

There's a huge potential at this club if we just manage to get some managerial stability and a decent squad.

We are indeed a strange wee club ... there are times when you think you are over optimistic when wondering about what size of a support we have and then we sell 18 to 19 thousand tickets for a bog standard league game against St Johnstone.

It has been shown that reducing prices doesn't work long term, but these one off initiatives have been a bit of a roaring success and are well worth it if it keeps fans who might not be able to attend lots of games for financial reasons in the match going loop as it were.

Once again it shows the potential of this club and increases my bafflement as to why it has over the years found it so difficult to attract buyers. If someone could put enough money into it to make it a serious challenger for the league there seems to me no reason why it couldn't be playing in front of 20,000 every week and that's without reducing prices.

GreenCastle
17-10-2022, 12:23 PM
Surprised they've not just opened up all the seats. Ticket exchange would likely do a brisk trade in ffl too, as its a late night for kids to be out.

Half term and weekend for kids ?

But agreed don’t want empty gaps in FF.

Great sales so far and really looking forward to this game.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2022, 02:01 PM
Half term and weekend for kids ?

But agreed don’t want empty gaps in FF.

Great sales so far and really looking forward to this game.

Even though its the weekend, I am not hugely keen on bringing my 5 year old along when I won't get back to bathgate until 11ish. Sure there'll be plenty others in a similar boat.

PatHead
17-10-2022, 02:16 PM
First game of the season for both me and my son. Gave up my season ticket at the end of last season as I had lost interest but looking forward to it. Few beers with him followed by the match. What not to like?

Since452
17-10-2022, 02:52 PM
Hospitality sold out. That has been a roaring success.

H18 SFR
17-10-2022, 03:49 PM

Guy was saying on Saturday before the game that based on enquires (not sure how it’s measured) the club believe they could increase capacity by 25% - not sure if that means across the board or 25% up in covers totalling all the sold out game potential further sales.

Onceinawhile
17-10-2022, 03:53 PM

Were hospitality prices reduced the same way normal ticket prices were?

Since452
17-10-2022, 04:07 PM
Were hospitality prices reduced the same way normal ticket prices were?

Normal price

EGL2000
17-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Sadly can't make the game as I'm away on holiday with the family. We have two cracking season tickets In the west upper, wish we could put them on the exchange for people, assuming this hasn't been opened?

Ringothedog
17-10-2022, 04:23 PM
Sadly can't make the game as I'm away on holiday with the family. We have two cracking season tickets In the west upper, wish we could put them on the exchange for people, assuming this hasn't been opened?
The ticket exchange is not open but you can contact Hibs to release your seats you just won’t get anything for it other than a nice fuzzy feeling.

Carheenlea
17-10-2022, 04:32 PM
I hadn’t really been paying much attention to the £5 ticket initiative with being a ST holder, so this is terrific to be seeing such a big turnout for Friday nights game.

Really looking forward to it and fingers crossed we can get back to winning ways and enjoy a great night under the lights.

matty_f
17-10-2022, 04:35 PM
I was caught out with this earlier, went on to pick up tickets for my daughter and her boyfriend and couldn’t get two together anywhere in the stadium.
Took two in the FF Lower and will hope a couple of folk don’t turn up so they can sit together!

leith lynx
17-10-2022, 04:56 PM
We are indeed a strange wee club ... there are times when you think you are over optimistic when wondering about what size of a support we have and then we sell 18 to 19 thousand tickets for a bog standard league game against St Johnstone.

It has been shown that reducing prices doesn't work long term, but these one off initiatives have been a bit of a roaring success and are well worth it if it keeps fans who might not be able to attend lots of games for financial reasons in the match going loop as it were.

Once again it shows the potential of this club and increases my bafflement as to why it has over the years found it so difficult to attract buyers. If someone could put enough money into it to make it a serious challenger for the league there seems to me no reason why it couldn't be playing in front of 20,000 every week and that's without reducing prices.
Great comments, for years I've said the same, can only hope I see it in my lifetime!

CapitalGreen
17-10-2022, 05:51 PM
47 tickets remaining.

Just section 33 left to go on sale most likely.

green day
17-10-2022, 05:55 PM
St J think they can sell more tickets now too, could be a great sized crowd.

gbhibby
17-10-2022, 06:34 PM
This shows how well dynamic pricing can work.
I think we should look at playing more games on Friday nights.

wookie70
17-10-2022, 06:51 PM
Great initiative and I really like the idea of Friday games. I'm not a drinker and go with my daughter to teh games so it basically means I can't do much else on a Saturday. Love the idea of getting my Hibs fix and having the whole weekend. Up to ICT to photograph their game on Saturday so the Friday KO has been good for my finances. Much prefer the night games too as it is always special under the lights.

The other thing I like about this is it keeps many who would struggle to pay the usual admission both contributing and supporting in person. It is easy to find other things to do and a wee reminder that Hibs are in the blood is a powerful marketing tool

Hibbyradge
17-10-2022, 07:02 PM
What was the pricing structure?

Ringothedog
17-10-2022, 07:12 PM
What was the pricing structure?

£10 and £5 Dave

wazoo1875
17-10-2022, 07:38 PM
Looks like it’s sold out. Some effort despite Saturday 👏

Hibees1973
17-10-2022, 07:39 PM
Suppose we are 3rd just now, but I am surprised we have sold all the tickets even at the reduced prices a week before the game.

As other posters have said, if we manage to get a coherent transfer strategy and an attractive team to watch on the park I reckon only Hearts, outside of the OF would have sold out this game.

Sadly the gap between the OF and the rest is as big as it's ever been. But this shows that if the guys in charge at Hibs manage to get it right the support is there and we would be successful.

I know loads of Hibbies who no longer attend. To have an extra 4-5 thousand in the home end consistently would make a whole load of difference.

Well done to the guys in charge for this initiative.

Hibbyradge
17-10-2022, 07:42 PM
£10 and £5 Dave

Wow. Superb

Ronniekirk
17-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Looks like it’s sold out. Some effort despite Saturday 👏

Must still be blocks in the south to be opened surely ?

Chuck Rhoades
17-10-2022, 10:39 PM
Must still be blocks in the south to be opened surely ?

Maybe one block at a push. St J sold the rest.

Ringothedog
18-10-2022, 05:26 AM
Maybe one block at a push. St J sold the rest.

St J have sold 2.5 blocks in the Lower south. There are 4 blocks available in the Upper south. There is no reason why they should not be sold to Hibs fans, even if we are above them, otherwise over 1500 seats will remain unsold.

Chuck Rhoades
18-10-2022, 06:11 AM
St J have sold 2.5 blocks in the Lower south. There are 4 blocks available in the Upper south. There is no reason why they should not be sold to Hibs fans, even if we are above them, otherwise over 1500 seats will remain unsold.

I thought they’d sold two lower and two upper, apologies.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2022, 06:55 AM

Does this happen at any other Scottish ground other than Ibrox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 07:09 AM
Does this happen at any other Scottish ground other than Ibrox?

Think it's only us rangers and motherwell that have away areas with 2 tier stands( rangers a section above). Doubt motherwell would every have the need to split the away end

hfc-1875
18-10-2022, 07:23 AM
Is there any chance of us opening the top tier above st Johnstone fans? Not a ticket left in home end otherwise, great to see

lyonhibs
18-10-2022, 07:27 AM
Is this on the telly? I assume not, and the only way of seeing the game is in the stadium which is absolutely fair enough, but a full Easter Road is a sight to behold.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2022, 07:28 AM
Is this on the telly? I assume not, and the only way of seeing the game is in the stadium which is absolutely fair enough, but a full Easter Road is a sight to behold.

Not on TV in the UK. Hibs could choose to put it on PPV but haven't yet as far as I'm aware.

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 07:57 AM
Have they put section 33 on sale?

If the St Johnstone fans are in sections 29 and 30, then opening that section shouldn't be a problem as it's not above their supporters.

EGL2000
18-10-2022, 08:41 AM
Section 33 now on sale.

Dmas
18-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Not on TV in the UK. Hibs could choose to put it on PPV but haven't yet as far as I'm aware.

I thought it was on telly, first VAR game up here would have drawn a decent tv audience I’d have thought, hibs should give ticket sales till tomorrow and sell PPV at £10 maybe get a decent amount of neutrals

Onceinawhile
18-10-2022, 08:59 AM
I thought it was on telly, first VAR game up here would have drawn a decent tv audience I’d have thought, hibs should give ticket sales till tomorrow and sell PPV at £10 maybe get a decent amount of neutrals

Doesn't involve rangers or celtic so sky not interested.

Since452
18-10-2022, 09:06 AM

No but we'll be on last on Soccerscene on Saturday evening. Unless we get beat of course and they bump us up a bit.

.Sean.
18-10-2022, 09:14 AM
Friday night football is brilliant for me personally. Early finish at work, few pints and a trip to Easter Road is the ideal Friday night for me.

I know tickets can’t be priced as such every week but just shows you what can be done with fairer prices and a kick off time that starts off the weekend.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2022, 09:28 AM
Friday night football is brilliant for me personally. Early finish at work, few pints and a trip to Easter Road is the ideal Friday night for me.

I know tickets can’t be priced as such every week but just shows you what can be done with fairer prices and a kick off time that starts off the weekend.

It really is great to see a full stadium, but it's only the walk up fans who benefit from the reduced prices.

We would have had over 16000 even at full price so it's most likely that Hibs will break even at best financially. I suppose it depends on how many seasons we actually sold because everyone else is getting in for £20+ less than normal.

Hibs can't repeat the exercise too often or folk might start thinking it's not worth getting a season ticket. :dunno:

However, that dampner aside, the atmosphere under the lights should be great and I'm very disappointed that I can't be there. :boo hoo:

Pagan Hibernia
18-10-2022, 09:53 AM
St Johnstone fans must love us. Didn’t we give them a cheap day out last season too?

Billy Whizz
18-10-2022, 09:58 AM
St Johnstone fans must love us. Didn’t we give them a cheap day out last season too?

They give Hibs real good deals for kids/families too

chippy
18-10-2022, 09:58 AM
Suppose we are 3rd just now, but I am surprised we have sold all the tickets even at the reduced prices a week before the game.

As other posters have said, if we manage to get a coherent transfer strategy and an attractive team to watch on the park I reckon only Hearts, outside of the OF would have sold out this game.

Sadly the gap between the OF and the rest is as big as it's ever been. But this shows that if the guys in charge at Hibs manage to get it right the support is there and we would be successful.

I know loads of Hibbies who no longer attend. To have an extra 4-5 thousand in the home end consistently would make a whole load of difference.

Well done to the guys in charge for this initiative.

I recognise the gap with Celtic, but not so much with Rangers who are nowhere as financially secure as Celtic. There does seem to be a current trend of high scoring games across the UK and Europe, with some times very strong teams getting clobbered

Pagan Hibernia
18-10-2022, 10:04 AM

fair enough. Nice to share the love and all too rare in modern football

Hibby70
18-10-2022, 10:07 AM

Yeah , definitely the best club to choose the discount game for.

I'd like to see Hibs introduce £5 tickets for kids for all category B games in the South Stand (including away fans)

CapitalGreen
18-10-2022, 10:16 AM
It really is great to see a full stadium, but it's only the walk up fans who benefit from the reduced prices.

We would have had over 16000 even at full price so it's most likely that Hibs will break even at best financially. I suppose it depends on how many seasons we actually sold because everyone else is getting in for £20+ less than normal.

Hibs can't repeat the exercise too often or folk might start thinking it's not worth getting a season ticket. :dunno:

However, that dampner aside, the atmosphere under the lights should be great and I'm very disappointed that I can't be there. :boo hoo:

I’d be interested to see you workings for the “break even at best”.

Depending on where the seat is, the discount for Adults are between £14-18 while the discount for concessions are £5-11. So not the £20+ less than normal in you post. Most of the extra tickets sold will also be in the silver and bronze sections so the lower end of the scale in terms of discount.

I’m a season ticket holder and this is probably the most I’ve looked forward to a category B game in a long time. I hope the club do it more often.

chippy
18-10-2022, 10:23 AM

Fair points. It is though interesting to see the take up, I would assume from folks who may struggle to afford / commit to a season ticket particularly during this scary cost of living crisis

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Section 33 now on sale.

:aok:

Garymcl
I’m also a season ticket holder and I’m all for these initiatives the club are doing hopefully they do it a couple more times before end of season for me it’s important we get as many fans in the stadium will personally back the club in this I buy my season ticket every season because I can afford it and love my club I also realise people can’t do this so this Friday is a great chance for those who can’t really looking forward to this Friday night let’s create a brilliant atmosphere towards a win and encourage those extra hibbys to return :flag:

Since452
This could introduce a lot of youngsters to Hibs who's parents couldn't otherwise have afforded it. Doing it a couple of times a season would be brilliant.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2022, 10:37 AM

Depending on where the seat is, the discount for Adults are between £14-18 while the discount for concessions are £5-11. So not the £20+ less than normal in you post. Most of the extra tickets sold will also be in the silver and bronze sections so the lower end of the scale in terms of discount.

I’m a season ticket holder and this is probably the most I’ve looked forward to a category B game in a long time. I hope the club do it more often.

I based my £20 estimate on the last ticket I bought which was £32 iirc, but that was in the West so probably a gold area. I didn't realise that the other prices were that much cheaper.

However, assuming we would have had 16000 at the game anyway, we would have had full income from nearly 4500 walk ups (The report I read said that we'd sold 11,670 STs).

Even discounting those tickets by 50% would require us to attract an extra 4500 spectators to break even, but the discounts are significantly higher than that so I can't see how Hibs can benefit financially.

I'll be delighted if Hibs repeat the exercise too. I was merely pointing out that, as far as I can work out, there's a cost for doing so.

Maths was never my strongest subject so I may have got this all wrong. :dunno:

evy
18-10-2022, 10:37 AM

This may be a loss leader in the hope of increasing walk-ups throughout the rest of the season......however, every ticket sold in the South to Hibs fans is 100% additional revenue as they wouldn't be required at usual prices. There'll no doubt also be an increase in sales throughout the stadium including the away end, so regardless of the lower price, I'd imagine that the increase in sales more than negates lower ticket price.

chippy
18-10-2022, 10:39 AM
I’m also a season ticket holder and I’m all for these initiatives the club are doing hopefully they do it a couple more times before end of season for me it’s important we get as many fans in the stadium will personally back the club in this I buy my season ticket every season because I can afford it and love my club I also realise people can’t do this so this Friday is a great chance for those who can’t really looking forward to this Friday night let’s create a brilliant atmosphere towards a win and encourage those extra hibbys to return :flag:

Totally agree

CapitalGreen
18-10-2022, 10:40 AM
This could introduce a lot of youngsters to Hibs who's parents couldn't otherwise have afforded it. Doing it a couple of times a season would be brilliant.

Agreed, I initially started going to watch Hibs via the free Hibs Kids tickets and have been hooked ever since.

It’s shortsighted to look at the benefits of this and whether or not the club breaks even in the context of just 1 game. If attending Fridays game creates a new lifelong supporter or convinces a lapsed season ticket holder to rejoin then that will be worth potentially thousands of pounds in future revenues to the club.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2022, 10:41 AM

Sadly not for disabled fans - 60% increase for McDiarmid Park at the start of this season compared with last season.

Really sticks in the craw that we're giving them so many good deals at Easter Road in return but such is life.

Sir David Gray
18-10-2022, 10:42 AM

Definitely not on Sky anyway, they've made it quite clear that their interest in Scottish football stops at Celtic and Rangers.

evy
18-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Agreed, I initially started going to watch Hibs via the free Hibs Kids tickets and have been hooked ever since.

It’s shortsighted to look at the benefits of this and whether or not the club breaks even in the context of just 1 game. If attending Fridays game creates a new lifelong supporter or convinces a lapsed season ticket holder to rejoin then that will be worth potentially thousands of pounds in future revenues to the club.

Spot on. It's the intangible benefits and potential future income that these games need to be looked at for context. That, and a bit of goodwill to the Perth saintees of course for their favourable ticketing prices.

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 10:49 AM

Back of a fag packet calculations:

Keeping in mind the number of season ticket holders is (roughly) 11,500 AND with an Adult to Discount price split of 2/1.

-- Assuming an attendance without the discount would have been 16,000 (and with roughly the following prices)

Adult: 3,000 @ £25

Discount: 1,500 @ £12.50

= £93,750 from ticket sales.

-- Assuming an attendance of 19,000 on Friday

Adult: 5,000 @ £10

Discount: 2,500 @ £5

= £62,500 from ticket sales.

Very rough figures, with some guesses, but probably quite close.

Wheat Hound
18-10-2022, 10:49 AM
Only 50 tickets left in section 33 now. Tickets moving fast now.

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 10:51 AM
Only 50 tickets left in section 33 now. Tickets moving fast now.

Wow, that was really quick!

Is it too late to move the game to Murrayfield?

:greengrin

Wheat Hound
18-10-2022, 10:51 AM

Keeping in mind the number of season ticket holders is (roughly) 11,500 AND with an Adult to Discount price split of 2/1.

-- Assuming an attendance without the discount would have been 16,000 (and with roughly the following prices)

Full Price: 3,000 @ £25

Adult: 5,000 @ 10

Discount: 2,500 @ 5

Will still be a gap but also means an extra 3000 people to potentially buy food and merchandise at the club shop.

CapitalGreen
18-10-2022, 10:52 AM
I based my £20 estimate on the last ticket I bought which was £32 iirc, but that was in the West so probably a gold area. I didn't realise that the other prices were that much cheaper.

However, assuming we would have had 16000 at the game anyway, we would have had full income from nearly 4500 walk ups (The report I read said that we'd sold 11,670 STs).

Even discounting those tickets by 50% would require us to attract an extra 4500 spectators to break even, but the discounts are significantly higher than that so I can't see how Hibs can benefit financially.

I'll be delighted if Hibs repeat the exercise too. I was merely pointing out that, as far as I can work out, there's a cost for doing so.

Maths was never my strongest subject so I may have got this all wrong. :dunno:

https://d3tepru76oevpi.cloudfront.net/production/CATEGORY-B.png

The most expensive standard category B ticket is £28.

I’d also be very surprised if we achieved an attendance of 16,000+ for the originally scheduled fixture. Our match against Kilmarnock only had 15,400 attending and that was boosted by it being a Hibs Kids fixture. The attendance for the corresponding fixture last season in September was 13,200 on the back of a 6 game unbeaten start to the league season. It’s typically one of our poorest attended fixtures, hence why it has been chosen for this initiative.

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Will still be a gap but also means an extra 3000 people to potentially buy food and merchandise at the club shop.

Absolutely

I honestly wouldn't mind, if we did bring in a bit less, as I think it's a great initiative by the club

:top marks

Hibbyradge
18-10-2022, 10:57 AM

I agree with you and you're obviously a great example of the success of previous initiatives. Hibs will have thought this through before making the decision to reduce prices. They obviously think that the benefits of doing so are worth the cost, however much that will be.

I didn't think I said anything particularly controversial though, even if my initial figures were inaccurate.

Until I moved to York, I had a season ticket since the 80s (I still have the books) and if more games were played at 3.00pm, I'd probably still have one even if there were more games with discounted prices for walk up fans, but not everyone would feel the same.

CapitalGreen
18-10-2022, 10:58 AM

I don’t think your attendance assumption is close at all and your calculations ignore other non-ticket related revenues associated with having a higher attendance.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2022, 11:03 AM
https://d3tepru76oevpi.cloudfront.net/production/CATEGORY-B.png

The most expensive standard category B ticket is £28.

I’d also be very surprised if we achieved an attendance of 16,000+ for the originally scheduled fixture. Our match against Kilmarnock only had 15,400 attending and that was boosted by it being a Hibs Kids fixture. The attendance for the corresponding fixture last season in September was 13,200 on the back of a 6 game unbeaten start to the league season. It’s typically one of our poorest attended fixtures, hence why it has been chosen for this initiative.

Fair enough. I'd have thought a Friday night game would attract a higher attendance but it's all guesswork.

I imagine there'll be around 19k there on Friday so it'll be a success regardless of the financials.

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 11:23 AM

Hospitality is sold out for Friday night so you have to factor that into the figures, would Hospitality have sold out for a Saturday game against St Johnstone.

superfurryhibby
18-10-2022, 11:31 AM

I'm going with three pals, all lapsed season ticket holders. Exactly the kind of people we need to get back on board. Hopefully a decent performance will convince them that they need to get a half season ticket and not just pick and choose or head down to the pub to catch a game on the telly.

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 11:35 AM
I don’t think your attendance assumption is close at all and your calculations ignore other non-ticket related revenues associated with having a higher attendance.

Hospitality is sold out for Friday night so you have to factor that into the figures, would Hospitality have sold out for a Saturday game against St Johnstone.

I did say they were bag of a fag packet calcs.

Very, very, very rough numbers :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Down to single tickets in block 33 already. 7 left.

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 11:51 AM
I did say they were bag of a fag packet calcs.

Very, very, very rough numbers :greengrin
So Keith you should be Chancellor as you were more scientific than the Tories are.

EGL2000
18-10-2022, 11:57 AM
Section 34 now open, great effort from the fans. Gutted I'm missing it!

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2022, 12:07 PM

I'm in this camp too. I buy a season ticket firstly because I can afford to, but also because I see it as a way of supporting the club financially. I'm not bothered in the slightest if Hibs reduce prices for a number of games during the season, especially if it allows Hibs fans and away fans who can't normally justify paying normal prices to come along.
If I'm at a game with a full stadium rather than one with 3 or 4 thousand empty seats I feel that improves the experience as well, so in that regard I'm getting something out of these initiatives even if it can't be quantified in financial terms.

matty_f
18-10-2022, 12:10 PM
I'm in this camp too. I buy a season ticket firstly because I can afford to, but also because I see it as a way of supporting the club financially. I'm not bothered in the slightest if Hibs reduce prices for a number of games during the season, especially if it allows Hibs fans and away fans who can't normally justify paying normal prices to come along.
If I'm at a game with a full stadium rather than one with 3 or 4 thousand empty seats I feel that improves the experience as well, so in that regard I'm getting something out of these initiatives as well.

Same here. I know the deal for the season ticket, i don’t care if we reduce prices for games, a full stadium is much better to sit in than a sparsely populated one.

04Sauzee
18-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Same here. I know the deal for the season ticket, i don’t care if we reduce prices for games, a full stadium is much better to sit in than a sparsely populated one.

Agree totally, we have 4 season tickets and nothing worse than seeing a half full stadium. Its great that adults and kids alike who maybe couldn't normally afford to go to a game or who can't make games usually due to weekend commitments can make this game.

I remember a number of years ago when my kids were young and we didn't have season tickets and we always had clubs on on a Saturday and money was very tight we didn't go to games but possibly could have attended a game like this

Roll on Friday night.

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Few now available at the front of section 45 of folk looking for east stand.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221018/59ab33de0377a123df8f76956a699c72.jpg

04Sauzee
18-10-2022, 12:40 PM
St Johnstone have tweeted that they are getting no tickets for the upper tier so all of their 1058 allocation has now sold out.

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2022, 12:43 PM
Few now available at the front of section 45 of folk looking for east stand.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221018/59ab33de0377a123df8f76956a699c72.jpg

Looks like that wee bank of seats they usually cover over as a wee bit of segregation between the east and south ... must have decided there's little chance of Hibs fans chucking stuff at each other :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
18-10-2022, 12:48 PM
St Johnstone have tweeted that they are getting no tickets for the upper tier so all of their 1058 allocation has now sold out.

If Hibs don't intend to sell tickets to home fans for the upper tier above their fans I don't see why we cant open it up to them .. we've done it before for away fans even when the south is open to home fans.

jws1875
18-10-2022, 01:07 PM
If Hibs don't intend to sell tickets to home fans for the upper tier above their fans I don't see why we cant open it up to them .. we've done it before for away fans even when the south is open to home fans.

I think we've already started selling above them as they have sold some of section 28.

Ringothedog
18-10-2022, 01:14 PM

We only have 3 sections left to sell in the upper tier. We are already above them. From what I can see the front 2 rows of the upper tier are not being sold. Roughly 800 tickets left to sell.

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 01:25 PM
If we sell all the top tier, then when's the last time we'll have had as big a home crowd for a league game

Billy Whizz
18-10-2022, 01:39 PM
If we sell all the top tier, then when's the last time we'll have had as big a home crowd for a league game

At the game in March v St Johnstone, I’m sure there was similar pricing to Fridays game, the crowd was 19,585

Hibernian Verse
18-10-2022, 01:43 PM
5 available together in West lower section 7

Since452
18-10-2022, 01:44 PM
Hearts v Fiorentina - 17000
Hibs v St Johnstone - 20000

Broken Gnome
18-10-2022, 02:05 PM
At the game in March v St Johnstone, I’m sure there was similar pricing to Fridays game, the crowd was 19,585

Please be a better game.

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 02:20 PM
There must be a case here for looking at season ticket prices. If the club reduces the season ticket prices and you sell more there will a price point where it will increase revenue as you sell more tickets. I think this could be looked at. Extra bums on seats extra expenditure in the catering and shop.

04Sauzee
18-10-2022, 02:27 PM
From the St Johnstone site 13 minutes ago.

St Johnstone Football Club
NEWS
FIXTURES
TICKETS
SQUADS
SPONSORSHIP
MCDIARMID PARK
CLUB
SUPER SAINTS LOTTO
EVENTS
2022/23 Home Kit
PRIMARY SPONSOR Binn Group
Hibs ticket update
FIRST TEAM
Hibs ticket update
18th October 2022

Hibs ticket update
Below is an update regarding our match against Hibernian on Friday.

"Hibernian have today informed us they will not be opening the upper stand for away fans. This means that our current allocation of 1,058 is sold out.

“However, we have contacted Hibernian and asked them to reconsider. We have asked for extra tickets to cope with the demand from our supporters. We remain in dialogue with the Easter Road club to ensure as many of our supporters as possible can attend the SPFL Premiership match this Friday evening.

"We appreciate the efforts from everyone at Hibernian to help meet our request and we will keep our supporters updated."

Ian Flaherty, Head of Operations.

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 02:33 PM

Hibs had 4 blocks of south that game, looking like we could possibly have 6 or 7 on Friday. St j had a much bigger crowd in march

yonder1875
18-10-2022, 03:11 PM

Rangers 5-5 game? Or are we taking the tickets above the St Johnstone end too?

Apologies if I’ve missed it but does anyone know if ticket exchange will be in operation?

Onceinawhile
18-10-2022, 03:31 PM

Apologies if I’ve missed it but does anyone know if ticket exchange will be in operation?

It looks like we are going to sell above the St Johnstone end, so ticket exchange won't be available until they are sold.

I suggested it to KP on twitter this morning and the reason for it not being on was that we still had full sections to sell. This was just as the central section of South Upper went on sale.

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 03:37 PM

Yeah hibs said today 1000 left so presumably selling top tier to hibs. Probably European games we've sold that, but must be most hibs fans for a league game in a while

Libby Hibby
18-10-2022, 03:40 PM

😁💚

StevesFamau5
18-10-2022, 03:47 PM

The natives will be restless, VPNs at the ready to count all the "empty" seats and call us spoon burners...

Pleasing

HendoDelivered
18-10-2022, 03:52 PM
This should be rocking

1van Sprou7e
18-10-2022, 04:07 PM
Why aren't we giving st Johnston more tickets if the demand is there?

aljo7-0
18-10-2022, 04:10 PM
I imagine it may be down to the cost/hassle of segregation in the upper tier or a hope/expectation we can fill it with Hibs fans?

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 04:12 PM

Because they would probably only take a handful of the 2 sections. There must be confidence that with 3 days to go we will sell more

davhibby
18-10-2022, 04:18 PM

Because the demand is there for us to sell the seats to our own fans

1van Sprou7e
18-10-2022, 04:28 PM
Because the demand is there for us to sell the seats to our own fans

Hope we do sell out the upper!

Garymcl
18-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Asking on behalf of my hibby neighbour as he is taking his son to his first hibs game he’s got seats in south stand can he go via east or does he go round via west cheers in advance 👍

Billy Whizz
18-10-2022, 04:32 PM
Asking on behalf of my hibby neighbour as he is taking his son to his first hibs game he’s got seats in south stand can he go via east or does he go round via west cheers in advance 👍

Probably both

Garymcl
18-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Cheers just tell him to go round via back of west 👍

GreenCastle
18-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Has the central lower block behind the goal been sold in South.

Looks like 2 blocks above Saints fans and middle lower block to sell (if it’s not been sold)?

CallumLaidlaw
18-10-2022, 04:37 PM
Has the central lower block behind the goal been sold in South.

Looks like 2 blocks above Saints fans and middle lower block to sell (if it’s not been sold)?

Half has been sold to saints fans.

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 04:53 PM
About 100 tickets to sell in the South. No other areas available. About 10 of them are lighter shade of blue.

Johnny_Leith
18-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Worth getting in touch with friends/family who have a season ticket and can't attend Friday and asking them to get in touch with the ticket office and release their seat.

I don't think it is common knowledge that you can release your seat. I've put it in my Hibs groupchat and a couple have said they'll do so, let's get as many folk along on Friday as possible.

Souter96Mac
18-10-2022, 04:59 PM
About 100 tickets to sell in the South. No other areas available. About 10 of them are lighter shade of blue.

Does lighter shade of blue mean you have to share the seat with someone else?

Hibbyradge
18-10-2022, 05:02 PM

No.

It means you have to bring a half and half scarf.

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Naw it's folk with big backsides that need two seats.😁
It's seats that are in the process of being purchased

patstanton70
18-10-2022, 05:05 PM
I can’t go Friday. How do I get the club to sell my season ticket seat for the game?

Mick O'Rourke
18-10-2022, 05:06 PM
Does whiter shade of pale mean you have to share the seat with someone else?

Yes, If you skip the light fandango with them :greengrin

evy
18-10-2022, 05:08 PM
Would love us to do something like this for a game against the currants. The seethe coming off them when we did it for the 5-5 games was injectable. GIRUY

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 05:11 PM
Yes, If you skip the light fandango with them :greengrin
Is that you turning cartwheels cross the floor Mick🤸*

Keith_M
18-10-2022, 06:19 PM
So Keith you should be Chancellor as you were more scientific than the Tories are.

Far too scientific for that lot, mate :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 06:37 PM
Greg McEwan
@GregMcEwan
·
20m
Not many tickets left for Friday night (less than 800), it would be great to have a sell out crowd under the lights. If we can sell out the remaining tickets we will look to trigger Ticket Exchange for ST holders. Thanks for the support

Earlydelivery
18-10-2022, 06:49 PM
That's section 35 in South opened for us

B.H.F.C
18-10-2022, 06:58 PM
Superb effort, particularly on the back of Saturday. Looking forward to it.

duffers
18-10-2022, 07:52 PM
This must be our biggest ‘home’ attendee in 20/30/40 years?

JasonC1875
18-10-2022, 07:53 PM
I can’t go Friday. How do I get the club to sell my season ticket seat for the game?

If they don't open up the ticket exchange then just phone or email the ticket office and they will release your seat for sale :thumbsup:

davhibby
18-10-2022, 08:07 PM
If they don't open up the ticket exchange then just phone or email the ticket office and they will release your seat for sale :thumbsup:

The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if the ticket exchange is opened up tomorrow at some point

Garymcl
18-10-2022, 08:25 PM
Yeah just to repeat what what a few people have said if you’re a season ticket holder and can’t go either notify the ticket office or even better give you’re season ticket to hibbys in the family /friend please if possible don’t have empty seats we really could hit the magical 20000 mark if we sell rest of tickets and the s/t holders turn up cannot wait for Friday :thumbsup:

Stonewall
18-10-2022, 08:45 PM
Is that you turning cartwheels cross the floor Mick🤸*

I hope he’s not feeling kind of seasick.

Power
18-10-2022, 08:46 PM
𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

We have the last handful of seats available in section 34 and section 35 is open

Section 36 will open tomorrow to Hibs fans if sales continue ✅

✳️ Less than 600 tickets remaining

✳️ Ticket Exchange will be activated once the South Upper sells out

gbhibby
18-10-2022, 08:48 PM
I hope he’s not feeling kind of seasick.
Sure the crowd would call out for more.

Stairway 2 7
18-10-2022, 09:07 PM
This will sell out before Friday. Huge home support, can't wait

bob12345
18-10-2022, 09:28 PM
I am hosting an Australian U14 futsal tour group and this happens to be the game they'll take in while they're there. Buzzing that it'll be a sell out for them. Look out for the 50 Aussies in the crowd!

EGL2000
18-10-2022, 10:16 PM
I am hosting an Australian U14 futsal tour group and this happens to be the game they'll take in while they're there. Buzzing that it'll be a sell out for them. Look out for the 50 Aussies in the crowd!

What section you sitting in will keep a look out.

Antifa Hibs
19-10-2022, 06:53 AM
Looks like we're selling blocks directly above St Johnstone support so appears the old "you can't have home fans above away fans" is a myth. About half of block 35 to go then hopefully get the last remaining section of the whole stadium, block 36 opened.

green day
19-10-2022, 06:57 AM
Looks like we're selling blocks directly above St Johnstone support so appears the old "you can't have home fans above away fans" is a myth. About half of block 35 to go then hopefully get the last remaining section of the whole stadium, block 36 opened.

I was surprised at that as well.

They are not selling the front few rows, which probably makes sense.

I think it is only appropriate for certain fans, no chance we would do it for Cat A games.

Libby Hibby
19-10-2022, 07:33 AM
I was surprised at that as well.

They are not selling the front few rows, which probably makes sense.

I think it is only appropriate for certain fans, no chance we would do it for Cat A games.

Agreed, however if the demand is there, I’d much rather give the OF and Aberdeen 50% of south stand and fill the rest with half price Hibby’s. Hertz can have the full end as they give us theirs.

Obviously less income for the club at these games and Ron be about that but for a footballing and hibs fan perspective, I think cutting allocation makes all the difference.

.Sean.
19-10-2022, 07:43 AM
We’ve obviously had loads of sellouts over the years but Friday looks to be the biggest ‘home support’ in ages, as the three home stands are sold out plus the majority of the south is Hibs too going by the ticketing site. I can mind the Dnipro home game was full capacity but other than that I can’t remember when the South would’ve last been as full with Hibs

Bridge hibs
19-10-2022, 08:07 AM
I think its ****ing amazing, regardless of pricing etc its brilliant that so many hibs fans have purchased tickets for this game esp on the back of our two recent results and on a Friday night too, well done to St Johnstone fans too, hopefully a great atmosphere to roar the team on

Since452
19-10-2022, 08:10 AM
Probably more Hibs fans at Easter Road on Friday than Tynecastle has seats.

gbhibby
19-10-2022, 08:37 AM
106 tickets still available.

Hermit Crab
19-10-2022, 09:01 AM
Is the ticket exchange open for this game?

oneone73
19-10-2022, 09:05 AM
Is the ticket exchange open for this game?

Not yet. Will be when we sell out

GreenGray
19-10-2022, 09:29 AM
St Johnstone fans moaning they aren’t getting more seats. Like they wouldn’t try and get as many home fans in as possible if they had the opportunity. Although it’s an issue they will likely never have.

CallumLaidlaw
19-10-2022, 09:54 AM
St Johnstone fans moaning they aren’t getting more seats. Like they wouldn’t try and get as many home fans in as possible if they had the opportunity. Although it’s an issue they will likely never have.

They’ve already been given many more than they normally take to away games. We are absolutely right to prioritise the home fans. I’m sure if our sales had already slowed, we’d have looked at giving them a couple of blocks in the upper. But we’re looking good for getting it sold ourselves.

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 10:28 AM
52 tickets available with one section to be opened

JeMeSouviens
19-10-2022, 10:36 AM
We’ve obviously had loads of sellouts over the years but Friday looks to be the biggest ‘home support’ in ages, as the three home stands are sold out plus the majority of the south is Hibs too going by the ticketing site. I can mind the Dnipro home game was full capacity but other than that I can’t remember when the South would’ve last been as full with Hibs

I hate to bring it up but probably the Accies playoff.

Mcbizz1998
19-10-2022, 10:43 AM

We had half the away v St Mirren the day we got the championship trophy. We also had some in the away against Dunfermline on 2012, just before the cup final.

But yeah, can’t remember us selling this many in the south! Really looking forward to it.

Mcbizz1998
19-10-2022, 10:44 AM

Saw this. They can moan all they like they have a pitiful support.

HendoDelivered
19-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Section 36 now open. Unreal effort

Ronniekirk
19-10-2022, 11:09 AM
It’s an incredible response given the doing we took at Parkhead Makes me proud to be a Hibby

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 11:12 AM

We have given them a thousand tickets, why should we give them more when they usually only bring a few hundred? They can moan all they want. This initiative is for the benefit of Hibernian fans not them, the more Hibs fans in the ground the better.

Stairway 2 7
19-10-2022, 11:14 AM
I hate to bring it up but probably the Accies playoff.

2 sections empty. This must be the biggest home league crowd since redevelopment of the stadium?

Since452
19-10-2022, 11:16 AM

We've given them the equivalent of their usual home support. Some cheek.

Green Man
19-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Gutted I’m missing this, a full Easter Road under the lights is a brilliant sight.

Since452
19-10-2022, 11:17 AM
Hibs v St Mirren in the Championship must be up there. St Mirren brought a fantastic support that day as they were battling relegation and we were getting presented with the trophy. South stand was pretty rammed with both sets of fans.

Pretty Boy
19-10-2022, 11:18 AM
I know it's hard to work out without knowing the split between adult tickets and concessions but can anyone come up with back of a fag packet calculations for the difference in walk up revenue for this game v the usual number of walk ups at full whack? Have we 'lost' a lot of money doing this?

I said after the 'football for a fiver' game v St Johnstone last year that we should try it again but with a higher price point for adults to see if there would be a comparable uptake to when it was a fiver. We have obviously now tried that and It looks like we have bettered that attendance. It would be good to keep tinkering with these prices (say £12 adults, £7 kids next time) until we find the magic point at which crowds go up by enough that lowering the pricing more permanently is offset (for category B games at any rate).

Pretty Boy
19-10-2022, 11:20 AM
Hibs v St Mirren in the Championship must be up there. St Mirren brought a fantastic support that day as they were battling relegation and we were getting presented with the trophy. South stand was pretty rammed with both sets of fans.

Did we not come close to selling out half the South Stand for the 5-5 game v Rangers? There was definitely Hibs fans in there and my memory is it was pretty rammed. Albeit there was probably a bigger segregation area than there will be v St J.

HendoDelivered
19-10-2022, 11:23 AM
We have given them a thousand tickets, why should we give them more when they usually only bring a few hundred? They can moan all they want. This initiative is for the benefit of Hibernian fans not them, the more Hibs fans in the ground the better.

I’d be housing them in the top corner, as far away from the pitch as possible for good measure

davhibby
19-10-2022, 11:23 AM
Did we not come close to selling out half the South Stand for the 5-5 game v Rangers? There was definitely Hibs fans in there and my memory is it was pretty rammed. Albeit there was probably a bigger segregation area than there will be v St J.

We did. There have been a few sell outs in recent years with the south split down the middle. We’ve never sold more than half the upper to our own fans before though so this will be the biggest home support we’ve had in a long time

Stairway 2 7
19-10-2022, 11:55 AM
I reckon this will be the biggest home hibs only league crowd since we beat hearts 1 nil on January 4th 1989 (Eddie May). 27,022 fans, that is unless hearts had more than 8,000 there.

There was a 21,000 against hearts in 92 but hearts would have had over 2k there

Callum7
19-10-2022, 12:24 PM
Easter Road has 20,339 dots on the seating map. St Johnstone have been given an allocation of roughly 1,056 and there will be segregation which will discount around 65 seats. Meaning that we have (nearly) sold 19,218 tickets.

CallumLaidlaw
19-10-2022, 12:27 PM
Easter Road has 20,339 dots on the seating map. St Johnstone have been given an allocation of roughly 1,056 and there will be segregation which will discount around 65 seats. Meaning that we have (nearly) sold 19,218 tickets.

Must be more than 65 for segregation surely?
The entire front 2 rows of the south upper as well as a section of block 28

CapitalGreen
19-10-2022, 12:30 PM

Half of section 28 hasn’t been put on sale, so that’s about 250 seats of segregation. Plus another 100 odd for the front 2 rows of the South Upper above the Saints fans.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2022, 12:39 PM
I know it's hard to work out without knowing the split between adult tickets and concessions but can anyone come up with back of a fag packet calculations for the difference in walk up revenue for this game v the usual number of walk ups at full whack? Have we 'lost' a lot of money doing this?

I said after the 'football for a fiver' game v St Johnstone last year that we should try it again but with a higher price point for adults to see if there would be a comparable uptake to when it was a fiver. We have obviously now tried that and It looks like we have bettered that attendance. It would be good to keep tinkering with these prices (say £12 adults, £7 kids next time) until we find the magic point at which crowds go up by enough that lowering the pricing more permanently is offset (for category B games at any rate).

Its hard to say I guess, but I would think that our average walk up attendance is around 3 or 4 thousand with Friday being closer to 7 or 8 thousand ... when you chuck in possibly selling more stuff in the shop and the food kiosks I can't see us losing much money given the success of this initiative.

The only caveat I would chuck in is that this season I've found myself without my usual pie and Bovril for all but two matches because I'm not willing to queue for 10 to 15 minutes as the two folk in the kiosks try to cover the work of 4 people .... If Hibs haven't moved to address that situation I can't see us being able to take full advantage of the huge crowd we are going to get.

Trinity Hibee
19-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Its hard to say I guess, but I would think that our average walk up attendance is around 3 or 4 thousand with Friday being closer to 7 or 8 thousand ... when you chuck in possibly selling more stuff in the shop and the food kiosks I can't see us losing much money given the success of this initiative.

The only caveat I would chuck in is that this season I've found myself without my usual pie and Bovril for all but two matches because I'm not willing to queue for 10 to 15 minutes as the two folk in the kiosks try to cover the work of 4 people .... If Hibs haven't moved to address that situation I can't see us being able to take full advantage of the huge crowd we are going to get.

Not sure if part of the issue is having a jerk chicken stand which has very few folk queuing at it. Applaud the club for trying new things but not sure the customer base is there for jerk chicken at a football game. See a few staff standing behind that till with no customers whilst the pie queues are huge.

Hibs90
19-10-2022, 12:51 PM
Was there anything in place to stop Saints fans buying ‘home’ tickets?

Stairway 2 7
19-10-2022, 12:58 PM

I doubt it will be much of a problem somehow

Mcbizz1998
19-10-2022, 01:49 PM

There wasn’t as far as I’m aware and seen a few raging farmers claiming they had done so online whilst moaning about their allocation.

MWHIBBIES
19-10-2022, 01:51 PM
Should bring more than 200 regularly if they want a big allocation now.

NAE NOOKIE
19-10-2022, 02:00 PM
Should bring more than 200 regularly if they want a big allocation now.

Ach, they're no different from us wanting to take advantage of a good deal. It is true though, I doubt they bring more than 400 usually, given they have north of 1000 tickets for this Hibs would have to sell over 30,000 home tickets to match what they are doing with their away attendance for this one :greengrin

hibee-boys
19-10-2022, 02:28 PM
Every game is important but with a number of non regulars likely turning up for this one we really need to giving them something to want to come back and see!

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 02:37 PM
There wasn’t as far as I’m aware and seen a few raging farmers claiming they had done so online whilst moaning about their allocation.

It’s amazing how many away fans have accounts with other clubs so as they can buy tickets to sit in amongst home fans😉
If there are any that have got a hold of tickets it will be a very very small number

Wheat Hound
19-10-2022, 02:46 PM
Just saw the game is a 730pm kick off, which might catch a few folk out expecting the normal 745

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Just saw the game is a 730pm kick off, which might catch a few folk out expecting the normal 745

Starting earlier because of VAR? The extra 15 minutes will be needed to deal with refereeing incompetence on the park, it is Kevin Clancy after all.

Cocaine&Caviar
19-10-2022, 03:31 PM
Im able to make the game at late notice. If any ST holders in the West Upper arent planning on attending, please release your seat...

Wheat Hound
19-10-2022, 04:02 PM
Game now available via PPV for £10. Even more money for the club!

Garymcl
19-10-2022, 04:17 PM
I know one or two hibbys that are waiting to see if they’ve got the time off work so they can go on Friday so it’s really helpful if st holders know in advance they cannot go inform the club and release there seats for late take up of tickets also don’t know if already posted apologies in advance a reminder of the earlier kickoff time of 7 30 🇳🇬👍

Keith_M
19-10-2022, 04:24 PM
It’s an incredible response given the doing we took at Parkhead Makes me proud to be a Hibby

:agree:

I realise it's very low prices but, even with that, the numbers sold has really surprised me

Steven1985
19-10-2022, 04:40 PM

I realise it's very low prices but, even with that, the numbers sold has really surprised me. It doesn't surprise me. I remember when Hibs wouldn't get over 6,000 outside the OF and maybe against.....Crap, forgot their name. It's easy to piss and moan about Hibs online. People know Celtic (and probably Rangers) don't count. They know we're going in the right direction and want to go an see the Hibees.

Libby Hibby
19-10-2022, 04:54 PM

I realise it's very low prices but, even with that, the numbers sold has really surprised me

Invite them and they will come

Hibees1973
19-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Enjoying the positivity on this thread regarding the dot count. Clearly will be a sell out.

Going to be thousands of Hibs supporters rocking up who haven't been to ER for years. Maybe even some who haven't been at all before.

No doubt there will be a thread opening up regarding the game but it's now up to Johnson and the team to put on a performance and more importantly get a win for us to build a bit of momentum and kick on.

Admire and credit due to the guys at Hibs to market this game attractively to ensure a sold out ER.

Expectation now rests with Johnson and the team to provide entertainment and 3 points.

Over to them.

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 05:06 PM
117 left, mostly in the South upper but a few in the famous 5 lower

Steven1985
19-10-2022, 05:11 PM
Invite them and they will come We've been invited all our life's. Well, mine since I started following Hibs in 1974. Not many ever took it up for an ordinary league game though. Hibs are getting it right and long may it continue :-)

Ronniekirk
19-10-2022, 05:14 PM
Hopefully they go tonight as know a few people waiting on resale season ticket seats to come up in the East or Main stand

madhibby
19-10-2022, 06:06 PM

58 left now - all in South Upper
Hopefully tomorrow, with Hibs approval, season ticket holders who can't manage can release their seats for resale

KdyHby
19-10-2022, 06:23 PM
49 left

Squealing pig
19-10-2022, 06:48 PM
Planning to buy some on Friday prob be none left

PaulSmith
19-10-2022, 06:54 PM
42 left

Ronniekirk
19-10-2022, 07:20 PM
Planning to buy some on Friday prob be none left

Resale of season ticket holders that can’t go will be your best chance then

jazzy7070
19-10-2022, 07:23 PM
how do you release your seat?

gbhibby
19-10-2022, 07:45 PM
34 left.

CapitalGreen
19-10-2022, 08:15 PM
how do you release your seat?

Can only do it by phoning the ticket office at present. The ticket exchange will likely open tomorrow once the remaining tickets have gone which will allow you to release your seat through the ticketing site.

Hibby70
19-10-2022, 08:20 PM
22 left

Onceinawhile
19-10-2022, 08:26 PM
Can only do it by phoning the ticket office at present. The ticket exchange will likely open tomorrow once the remaining tickets have gone which will allow you to release your seat through the ticketing site.

Don't phone them. They don't answer.

Email them.

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 08:52 PM
3 singles in the south and 2 singles in the famous 5 stand left. Hundreds will become available tomorrow through the ticket exchange

GreenCastle
19-10-2022, 09:20 PM
Amazing effort by the fans.

Justifies decision to sell to Hibs fans over Saints fans.

Hopefully any ticket exchange tickets are snapped up too.

Juice-Terry
19-10-2022, 09:26 PM
Sold out.

S4uzee
19-10-2022, 09:30 PM
Do St Johnstone have the whole lower tier?

green day
19-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Do St Johnstone have the whole lower tier?

No

gbhibby
19-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Sold out.
Beat me to it.Hope they have ordered extra food and Juice-Terry

S4uzee
19-10-2022, 09:32 PM
No

Split in half?

GreenCastle
19-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Split in half?

Hibs have full upper tier except front rows.

Hibs have couple lower blocks too.

Ringothedog
19-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Split in half?

Bottom tier is about 60/40 for them

jazzy7070
19-10-2022, 09:46 PM

kl i’ll be realeasing a couple in the west lower then

04Sauzee
19-10-2022, 09:58 PM
St Johnstone fans seem to believe quite a number of them have bought tickets in the South upper.

gbhibby
19-10-2022, 10:05 PM
St Johnstone fans seem to believe quite a number of them have bought tickets in the South upper.
Would they not have had to be on the database for a number of months?

Power
19-10-2022, 10:11 PM
Last seat remaining in section 36, LL 132, was sold earlier. The club will communicate tomorrow morning about ticket exchange for season ticket holders that can’t make the game and want to offer the seat for resale.

This has set up what is likely to be the largest Hibs home support at Easter Road in over 30 years 🇳🇬

yonder1875
19-10-2022, 10:14 PM

Why would anyone want to do this?

04Sauzee
19-10-2022, 10:16 PM
Why would anyone want to do this?

Just what I'm reading here
https://twitter.com/saint5588/status/1582849337171660800?t=eixi9-eTAltiurt1vlS-ig&s=19

SaulGoodman
19-10-2022, 10:38 PM

Considering they usually bring about 50 fans they should be grateful they’re getting any tickets at all.

To be fair, they don’t do away days (or home games) because they’ll be too busy worrying about someone else abusing their tractors exhaust pipe in their absence.

jazzy7070
19-10-2022, 11:21 PM

kl i’ll be realeasing a couple in the west lower then

BonnieFitbaTeam
20-10-2022, 07:51 AM
PPV now as well.

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2022, 07:58 AM
Considering they usually bring about 50 fans they should be grateful they’re getting any tickets at all.

To be fair, they don’t do away days (or home games) because they’ll be too busy worrying about someone else abusing their tractors exhaust pipe in their absence.

They've got some cheek.

Given at least double their usual crowd at ER, and at heavily reduced prices, and they're moaning they're not getting enough!

Some of their fans suggesting they cut our allocation and charge us £30 a head. 🤣

green day
20-10-2022, 08:02 AM
They've got some cheek.

Given at least double their usual crowd at ER, and at heavily reduced prices, and they're moaning they're not getting enough!

Some of their fans suggesting they cut our allocation and charge us £30 a head. 🤣

As I understand it, most St J fans think that guy is a plank and his twitter stuff are utter nonsense. I would say the majority of them agree that its a great deal and that we should look after our own fans first.

GreenCastle
20-10-2022, 08:02 AM

“Quite a number” meaning probably about 5 tickets.

They usually bring a mini bus of fans to ER so until they start selling out each time they can just enjoy seeing the stadium full of Hibs fans and what a home support should look like.

bigwheel
20-10-2022, 08:19 AM

They would need to have been registered as a Hibs fan to buy tickets surely ..so unlikely …

Garymcl
20-10-2022, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know what time today st seats will be activated asking for a few hibbys who can now get to game and want a ticket cheers

B.H.F.C
20-10-2022, 08:27 AM
They would need to have been registered as a Hibs fan to buy tickets surely ..so unlikely …

Thought that just applied to a Category A game. Needs to be some point where you can buy for the first time.

FWIW, I doubt there will be very many of them who have bothered buying in our end.

yonder1875
20-10-2022, 08:34 AM
Can’t believe the reaction of some St Johnstone fans to their allocation on this. They’re bringing double what they would normally bring for half the price and still saying we’re locking them out!

Their Twitter fans seem to think giving us 500 fans at their place at £30 a pop is now somehow the answer too. If we’re going by our logic then they should be giving us double our usual allocation at 6,000 for the same prices!

GreenCastle
20-10-2022, 08:41 AM
Can’t believe the reaction of some St Johnstone fans to their allocation on this. They’re bringing double what they would normally bring for half the price and still saying we’re locking them out!

Their Twitter fans seem to think giving us 500 fans at their place at £30 a pop is now somehow the answer too. If we’re going by our logic then they should be giving us double our usual allocation at 6,000 for the same prices!

They should be grateful they get to visit our beautiful stadium for £10 / £5. Have they even improved their stadium since it was built in 1989 ?!

They have 5 ex Hibs players playing for them too!

CmoantheHibs
20-10-2022, 09:31 AM

Its a few idiots trying to be relevant and controversial and makes absolutely no sense but I wonder if in the future if StJ or other teams will reciprocate/copy this idea of cheap Friday night football. Its a great way to encourage lapsed or new fans to go to games and can boost attendances for less glamorous games. If done once or twice a season by each team(with the exception of the uglies) for Friday night fixtures then it could well positively promote our game. The football doesn't have to be the silkiest but it's atmosphere that makes games.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-10-2022, 09:32 AM
Match no longer showing on the tickets site?

Ringothedog
20-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Match no longer showing on the tickets site?

Because it is sold out

Aldo
20-10-2022, 09:43 AM

That from a team/club that have about 500 ST holders! They’ve sold their allocation, good on them but do we hear outcry from them when they are given less than 1000 at Sevco.

Dry your eyes

Ronniekirk
20-10-2022, 10:38 AM
So when are the resale from season ticket holders thsts csnt manage going on sale

04Sauzee
20-10-2022, 10:51 AM
So when are the resale from season ticket holders thsts csnt manage going on sale

Hibs have announced ticket exchange open

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1583047109061787648?t=EFJXYlfZ0VmZvbQF9bR7dg&s=19

CapitalGreen
20-10-2022, 10:51 AM

On sale now but any available are going immediately.

Frogga
20-10-2022, 11:01 AM
On sale now but any available are going immediately.

Keep refreshing. I just got one.

evy
20-10-2022, 11:02 AM
A few pairs currently up on the exchange. 15 tickets in total. Today is busy at work, honest....

Hermit Crab
20-10-2022, 11:05 AM
I'm just about to release my seat, I'm working tomorrow night - typical. Back row of the West Upper.

Hermit Crab
20-10-2022, 11:19 AM
I'm just about to release my seat, I'm working tomorrow night - typical. Back row of the West Upper.

Sold already.

Onceinawhile
20-10-2022, 11:39 AM
What a nonsense.

2 of the boys are missing out as it's too late for them. So I went in to release their tickets...

They aren't in my network, despite being 5 and 7.

So I've added them to my network, but I can't manage their tickets, without confirmation from an email request.

So I've sent the request, but no email has showed up to my email address, so who knows where they've gone.

So I've emailed the ticket office, but that could take 2 working days for a reply. Rendering the whole thing moot.

Posh Swanny
20-10-2022, 11:43 AM
What a nonsense.

2 of the boys are missing out as it's too late for them. So I went in to release their tickets...

They aren't in my network, despite being 5 and 7.

So I've added them to my network, but I can't manage their tickets, without confirmation from an email request.

So I've sent the request, but no email has showed up to my email address, so who knows where they've gone.

So I've emailed the ticket office, but that could take 2 working days for a reply. Rendering the whole thing moot.

Did you register them with their own email adresses? I had to set my 7 year old up with his own gmail and all the emails relating to his ticket account go there - which has caught me out on occasion!