PDA

View Full Version : Very Annoyed

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2022, 09:34 PM
At our inability to convert chances. We’re dominating possession and making decent chances. But not taking them. We can blame bad referees and racial abuse of players but ultimately we’re falling on our own sword and shipping points against dross because we cannot finish teams off.

pedroorange1875
11-10-2022, 09:36 PM
thats what happens when you buy 3 strikers that have scored 17 goals in their entire career, 2 of which seem to be starters now

JohnM1875
11-10-2022, 09:40 PM
thats what happens when you buy 3 strikers that have scored 17 goals in their entire career, 2 of which seem to be starters now

McKirdy has scored more than that on his own? Think he was playing through the middle then though and won't get anywhere near the same volume of goals from wide left/right.

pedroorange1875
11-10-2022, 09:43 PM
McKirdy has scored more than that on his own? Think he was playing through the middle then though and won't get anywhere near the same volume of goals from wide left/right.

not disputing that, Melkerson has 31 and is only 19, both not starters

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2022, 10:46 PM
It took 10 games, but this was going to come to a head eventually .... we simply can't expect to make a dent this season with forwards who seem utterly incapable of putting the ball into the net .... winning or drawing games as a result of goals from midfield or defenders should be a bit of an event, not the story of a teams season and as things stand if it wasn't for that we would be looking at 11th or 12th place, not 3rd as we currently are, until this weekend when we will almost certainly give up that spot barring an absolute miracle at Celtic park.

I don't know how far Nisbet is from at least a place on the bench, but when he is fit he'll walk into this team and that's a guy who before getting injured was on pretty much of a goal drought himself ..... What's the score with the kids in the development team? Hibs keep bigging them up, but when they can't get a sniff at a team without a forward line goal in 10 games they have to wonder if the club will ever give them a chance.

Pagan Hibernia
12-10-2022, 12:25 AM
It took 10 games, but this was going to come to a head eventually .... we simply can't expect to make a dent this season with forwards who seem utterly incapable of putting the ball into the net .... winning or drawing games as a result of goals from midfield or defenders should be a bit of an event, not the story of a teams season and as things stand if it wasn't for that we would be looking at 11th or 12th place, not 3rd as we currently are, until this weekend when we will almost certainly give up that spot barring an absolute miracle at Celtic park.

I don't know how far Nisbet is from at least a place on the bench, but when he is fit he'll walk into this team and that's a guy who before getting injured was on pretty much of a goal drought himself ..... What's the score with the kids in the development team? Hibs keep bigging them up, but when they can't get a sniff at a team without a forward line goal in 10 games they have to wonder if the club will ever give them a chance.

I’d throw O’Connor in and see what happens.

heretoday
12-10-2022, 12:46 AM

It's true.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 01:13 AM
It's true.
Can I ask who's the 3 strikers ?

Gmack7
12-10-2022, 08:30 AM
Can I ask who's the 3 strikers ?

My guess is cookie and Yoann and possibly tavares

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-10-2022, 08:35 AM
We were complaining when midfielders and defenders weren't contributing enough mow they are the focus is back on the strikers not scoring.

We're third in the league through all sorts of goals. Let's embrace that and look forward to our strikers finding the back of the net

Key West
12-10-2022, 08:37 AM
We did convert a chance which was inexplicably ruled out and thus put a different complexion on the analysis of the performance as a whole.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 10:22 AM
My guess is cookie and Yoann and possibly tavares
Reason I asked was he was agreeing with another poster who posted"Thats what happens when you BUY 3 strikers that have scored 17 goals in their entire career ,2 of which seem to be starters now . Was just trying to work out who the 3 strikers are that we have bought?

loanheadhibby
12-10-2022, 11:27 AM

I believe him and the club are targeting after the world cup before he is re-introduced. Hopefully he'll get minutes in the Boro friendly.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2022, 11:41 AM
We were complaining when midfielders and defenders weren't contributing enough mow they are the focus is back on the strikers not scoring.

We're third in the league through all sorts of goals. Let's embrace that and look forward to our strikers finding the back of the net

I get that, but the complaint over the midfield was always that they didn't carry enough of a goal threat meaning that defences could practically ignore them and concentrate on stopping the forwards. The idea was to have a threat from midfield that supplemented the forwards, never for the midfield to replace the forward threat entirely, which Boyle aside is what's happening this season.

Nobody is complaining that the likes of Campbell and Porteous are hitting the net, but how much better off would we be if that was supplementing goals from our forwards, not a sticking plaster for their deficiencies .... it's kind of ironic is it not that after years of complaining about a lack of goals from midfield when it finally starts happening our forwards couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo.

Only Hibs :greengrin

pedroorange1875
13-10-2022, 12:18 AM
Reason I asked was he was agreeing with another poster who posted"Thats what happens when you BUY 3 strikers that have scored 17 goals in their entire career ,2 of which seem to be starters now . Was just trying to work out who the 3 strikers are that we have bought?

bojang, yohan, Kukharevych, 2 constant starters and a used sub

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 12:40 AM
bojang, yohan, Kukharevych, 2 constant starters and a used sub
You just had me confused with the buy bit of your post .we didn't buy any of the above 3 players ,they are all loan deals btw ,no harm done though .

pedroorange1875
13-10-2022, 12:57 AM
sorry, get it, your mentioning price , im mentioning goals, facts stand players we have brought in at any price, played regularly and even constant starting have score very little goals in their entire career, yet we have 2 young lads who have scored barrow (melkerson has still score more for us than 2 regular strikers that start, not many agreed) loads in a short space and yet just because they have not gone a run we will stick with the tried and tested very few goals.

Point still stands though regardless of brought in, paid for or loaned, we are playing non scorers, when there are proven potential scorers regularly on the bench, give them a run not to score goals ;-)

RIP
13-10-2022, 02:43 AM
It would help if we had a Head Coach who wasn’t completely obsessed by playing the game through the wing backs and wingers. Right-footed Youan played left wing in the first half and was replaced by right footed McKirdy in the second.
McKirdy and Boyle were starting their runs just past the half way lines. Top teams mix it up and can play through the middle as well as down the line. Their centre half was 6’5” and mopped up every high ball.

bigwheel
13-10-2022, 04:59 AM
It would help if we had a Head Coach who wasn’t completely obsessed by playing the game through the wing backs and wingers. Right-footed Youan played left wing in the first half and was replaced by right footed McKirdy in the second.
McKirdy and Boyle were starting their runs just past the half way lines. Top teams mix it up and can play through the middle as well as down the line. Their centre half was 6’5” and mopped up every high ball.

That approach is very common now in top teams, and has been a major part of our success this season…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIP
13-10-2022, 07:30 AM
That approach is very common now in top teams, and has been a major part of our success this season.

Exactly my point. It’s led to a situation where the only goals we’ve scored have been through defenders and midfielders.

Judging by what I saw at Easter Road on Saturday and at Tannadice on Tuesday, Johnston seems to prefer our natural goal scorers and speed merchants to be running up the touchlines rather than in the box facing the goals.

We reap what we sow.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 07:40 AM
Exactly my point. It’s led to a situation where the only goals we’ve scored have been through defenders and midfielders.

Judging by what I saw at Easter Road on Saturday and at Tannadice on Tuesday, Johnston seems to prefer our natural goal scorers and speed merchants to be running up the touchlines rather than in the box facing the goals.

We reap what we sow.

Go and have a quick look at the 3 goals Boyle has this season from open play.

Our forwards are getting loads of chances. They are missing them.

bigwheel
13-10-2022, 07:55 AM

We reap what we sow.

Boyle’s a forward

basehibby
13-10-2022, 08:46 AM

Are you trolling or just taking bed-wetting to an art form? Because that is a pathetic comment.

I share your desire to see Nisbet back, but have reasonable faith in our current team's ability to get a point at CP, regardless of whether any Hibs "striker" finds the net. A point is all we would need afterall to guarantee we stay in 3rd place and, while Celtic will obviously be favourites to win, a draw would be very far from miraculous!

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 09:53 AM
I love how folk are just changing players positions to suit their argument. Our forward line not scoring in 10 games is just a blatant lie.

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Are you trolling or just taking bed-wetting to an art form? Because that is a pathetic comment.

I share your desire to see Nisbet back, but have reasonable faith in our current team's ability to get a point at CP, regardless of whether any Hibs "striker" finds the net. A point is all we would need afterall to guarantee we stay in 3rd place and, while Celtic will obviously be favourites to win, a draw would be very far from miraculous!

Its realism mate .... Hibs wins at Celtic park are as rare as hobby horse jobby, on that basis it's hardly bed wetting to surmise it's a long shot that we will do it this weekend. Anyway, IIRC what I said was 'almost certainly' not that it was an impossibility.

Clarence
13-10-2022, 10:16 AM

Taking last season into consideration as well, our strikers have an extremely poor record bar that freak James Scott perfect hat trick on the last day of the season.

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 10:35 AM
Took this from a article I've just read " past 6 games Hibs have had 120 shots on goal , 51 corners and countless other opportunities , with the team leading the league in attempted crosses what have they to show for all that , a measly 7 goals .Tam McManus Daily Record .Lee Johnson did say he'd be more worried if we weren't created .Still think we will come good up front yet but it is pretty frustrating at the minute I'll grant you that . I really don't think any of our forward are bad players maybe just need a bit of luck in front of goal to get us going .

basehibby
13-10-2022, 11:06 AM
Its realism mate .... Hibs wins at Celtic park are as rare as hobby horse jobby, on that basis it's hardly bed wetting to surmise it's a long shot that we will do it this weekend. Anyway, IIRC what I said was 'almost certainly' not that it was an impossibility.

Realism my erse - it's hysterical doom-mongering! We have drawn there plenty of times and that's all we need to stay 3rd (barring St Mirren winning by 7 goals vs Killie).

Even if our form was pish a Hibs draw at CP would be a million miles away from miraculous whereas we are currently on a run of 12 points out of 15 - so away and change your bedsheets.

loanheadhibby
13-10-2022, 11:44 AM
Realism my erse - it's hysterical doom-mongering! We have drawn there plenty of times and that's all we need to stay 3rd (barring St Mirren winning by 7 goals vs Killie).

Even if our form was pish a Hibs draw at CP would be a million miles away from miraculous whereas we are currently on a run of 12 points out of 15 - so away and change your bedsheets.

Jeez man, take a chill pill. The boy was only offering an opinion. Might be different from yours but it's only an opinion.

basehibby
13-10-2022, 01:39 PM
Jeez man, take a chill pill. The boy was only offering an opinion. Might be different from yours but it's only an opinion.

Aye and my calmly considered opinion is he has posted a word salad of hysterical doom mongering pish and deserves to be pulled up for it. I'm all for free speech - just don't expect to get away with it if you freely speak a load of codswallop!

eastmainsmsh
13-10-2022, 02:49 PM
I wonder if Boyle would be better in the middle allowing cadden more on the right

brog
13-10-2022, 03:16 PM

I know, amazing that left footed Salah scored a hat trick from the right wing last night. As for their 6 '5 centre back, our central striker is 6'4 and almost scored from a high ball down the middle.

basehibby
13-10-2022, 03:26 PM
I wonder if Boyle would be better in the middle allowing cadden more on the right

That's a ruse that's been spoken of - and it's not a bad one. That said I have been happy with the formations being played by LJ thus far - usually 4-3-3 and usually resulting in loads of exciting play, posession and chances created. As has been pointed out, we just need our forwards to start pitching in with more goals and we should give some sides a doing.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 04:14 PM

Cadden isn't anywhere near as good as Boyle as a winger, and Boyle isn't a central striker on his own.

Our strikers will starts scoring or they'll be replaced. Moving other working parts of the team isn't the answer.

ChilliEater
14-10-2022, 07:44 AM
What we need is the Scotty Allan of about 3 or 4 years ago at number 10 and we'd be destroying teams. We've got a ton of pace out wide but limited creativity through the middle.