PDA

View Full Version : Tavares Racially Abused

Pages : [1] 2

cameronw-hfc
11-10-2022, 09:03 PM
Dundee UTD fan around 87-89 minute mark can be heard clear as day abusing Tavares on the dodgy stream I had. Looked close enough that the linesman should have heard it as well, hope the club gets behind Tavares here and us as fans as that's disgusting.

Especially for a young lad in a new country, must be a horrible thing to hear.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-10-2022, 09:04 PM
I thought I heard that and went to post on match thread but didnt want to start ang allegations if i misheard!!

Disgrace and right in earshot of linesman as you say down by the corner flag. Hopefully hibs call it out

Hibs90
11-10-2022, 09:05 PM
Heard it too. Club need to come out as strongly as possible on this as quickly as possible.

bingo70
11-10-2022, 09:05 PM
Dundee UTD fan around 87-89 minute mark can be heard clear as day abusing Tavares on the dodgy stream I had. Looked close enough that the linesman should have heard it as well, hope the club gets behind Tavares here and us as fans as that's disgusting.

Especially for a young lad in a new country, must be a horrible thing to hear.

Yes I heard that as well.

Shocking.

The Spaceman
11-10-2022, 09:06 PM
I 100% heard it as well, but didn’t post in case I had misheard given the gravity of such an allegation. Need the book thrown at them for that.

StevesFamau5
11-10-2022, 09:06 PM
****dee Utd, becoming a horrible fan base full of wee tossers. I really hope Hibs call this out and stand behind Jair.

erin-go-bragh87
11-10-2022, 09:07 PM
I posted that I thought I'd heard it on the match thread then went back and rewound the stream and took a screen grab of it. It's pretty clear what the gimp shouts.

Hibs90
11-10-2022, 09:09 PM
I posted that I thought I'd heard it on the match thread then went back and rewound the stream and took a screen grab of it. It's pretty clear what the gimp shouts.

Can you send the footage to both clubs and the police?

HH81
11-10-2022, 09:09 PM
I never heard it on my stream. Disgusting.

Suprised he never kicked off or said anything to ref, maybe be never heard it?

cameronw-hfc
11-10-2022, 09:10 PM

You able to post it on twitter or something? I've tweeted the club and UTD and tweets picking up traction so irrefutable evidence would be good.

Jones28
11-10-2022, 09:11 PM
Heard it on the radio as well.

Scotty Leither
Dundee United should be calling it out but I doubt they will. I used to think they were a decent club with a good fanbase but they come across as really small time now.

Just as an aside, went for a coffee before the match. Asked if it was card payment only but the laddie behind the counter says no you can pay cash if you want, but it has to be exact money. If you didn’t have exact cash and overpaid, no change was going to be given.

Cheapskate *******s.

GreenNWhiteArmy
You able to post it on twitter or something? I've tweeted the club and UTD and tweets picking up traction so irrefutable evidence would be good.

I replied and retweeted, hopefully gets enough attention to alert the clubs

Billy McKirdy
11-10-2022, 09:15 PM
I heard it too, a totally disgusting racial slur, I hope Hibs complain about this.

erin-go-bragh87
11-10-2022, 09:20 PM

I'll put it on YouTube and post a link.

Unseen work
11-10-2022, 09:21 PM
Absolutely mental to think this sort of behaviour still happens.

Wonder what the Dundee United striker that came on thought of that?

Absolutely disgusting.

CallumLaidlaw
11-10-2022, 09:22 PM
I replied and retweeted, hopefully gets enough attention to alert the clubs

Got a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin-go-bragh87
11-10-2022, 09:25 PM
https://youtu.be/X4kIXYuaSHo

Video here.

Please don't judge me for the other videos on my channel. Warzone was a lockdown addiction that has gotten a little out of controll😂

neil7908
11-10-2022, 09:26 PM

Video here.

Please don't judge me for the other videos on my channel. Warzone was a lockdown addiction that has gotten a little out of controll😂

Taken down already

MacBean
Video blocked mate by LDS Sports

Trinity Hibee

Video here.

Seems to have been blocked due to copyright

Helensburghhibs
11-10-2022, 09:37 PM
I was pretty convinved i heard it, but surely so did the officials

Northernhibee
11-10-2022, 09:39 PM
The fans around him would have heard it too. If they don't shop him in they're complicit too.

Stuart93
11-10-2022, 09:50 PM
Definitely heard one of them shout “black *******”

cameronw-hfc
11-10-2022, 09:52 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeyPGA26/status/1579951445138628608?t=OqmM5OwgBKkWfDrgXSE9tg&s=19

Here's the clip. Someone replied to my post with it, clear as day.

erin-go-bragh87
11-10-2022, 09:53 PM
I don't really post on any social media but I've sent the video to hibs90 and he's going to share it.

Onceinawhile
11-10-2022, 09:54 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeyPGA26/status/1579951445138628608?t=OqmM5OwgBKkWfDrgXSE9tg&s=19

Here's the clip. Someone replied to my post with it, clear as day.

Wow. Clear as day. Hope they find him.

SON OF PADDY
11-10-2022, 10:12 PM
Imagine a grown man, shouting that!

CL0762
11-10-2022, 10:13 PM
Dundee United fan on Twitter trying to say it was a Hibs fan. Absolute **** of the earth.

Heisenberg
11-10-2022, 10:16 PM
Dundee United fan on Twitter trying to say it was a Hibs fan. Absolute **** of the earth.

Aye a few of them are adamant they only have mics at the away end and it must’ve been a Hibs fan.

bingo70
11-10-2022, 10:18 PM
Aye a few of them are adamant they only have mics at the away end and it must’ve been a Hibs fan.

Playing devils advocate I think during the first half especially, the noise you heard coming through was from the Hibs fans.

I think its possible it may have come from the Hibs fans.

JohnM1875
11-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Playing devils advocate I think during the first half especially, the noise you heard coming through was from the Hibs fans.

I actually honestly did wonder this. All you were hearing during the stream I had was Hibs fans. Surely be weird for the Dundee Utd TV comms guys to be in the away stand though no?

Slim Shady
11-10-2022, 10:27 PM
If it is a racist comment that it’s need dealt with.

However my wife who didn’t see the clip and could only hear it - asked - who’s he calling a FAT *******.

BoomtownHibees
11-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Big Marv apparently heard it as well

Northernhibee
11-10-2022, 10:45 PM
More out of hope that this **** doesn't go on in football grounds in Scotland, been trying to see if it could be a misunderstanding.

Doesn't sound like there's any sort of "s" sound at the end so rules out "Hearts", and it doesn't sound like a "f" at the beginning, I don't think it's "fat".

HH81
11-10-2022, 10:46 PM
If it is a racist comment that it’s need dealt with.

However my wife who didn’t see the clip and could only hear it - asked - who’s he calling a FAT *******.

It's been slowed down to .5 speed and confirmed by a DU it was defo not a FAT xxxxx and was what everyone thinks from the video. Shocker.

LunasBoots
11-10-2022, 11:00 PM

Just deflecting the blame, Tavares goes over to retrieve the ball and clearly comes from that section

BoomtownHibees
11-10-2022, 11:02 PM
Just deflecting the blame, Tavares goes over to retrieve the ball and clearly comes from that section

To be fair, at that point in the game a rather chunky Dundee Utd fan threw a ball further in to the home crowd and there was a “**** u ya fat *******” shout just along from where I was sitting

JohnM1875
11-10-2022, 11:03 PM

Surely player position etc has absolutely nothing to do with it and it's all about mic placement? Regardless of what set of fans it came from the guy needs found and banned.

Centre Hawf
11-10-2022, 11:21 PM
I actually honestly did wonder this. All you were hearing during the stream I had was Hibs fans. Surely be weird for the Dundee Utd TV comms guys to be in the away stand though no?

I believe the commentary booths are above where Hibs fans were today so it is possible.

11-10-2022, 11:37 PM
To be fair, at that point in the game a rather chunky Dundee Utd fan threw a ball further in to the home crowd and there was a “**** u ya fat *******” shout just along from where I was sitting

It does sound like black rather than fat but it does tie in with what you say with Tavares retrieving the ball from the crowd. It does also seem like the audio is coming from somewhere other than where Tavares is and you'd think either Tavares, the DUFC player or the linesman would have reacted if it had come the crowd beside them.

s2hart
12-10-2022, 01:08 AM
Marv Bartley has posted on his Instagram now, he shows the clip with audio and yes you can clearly hear the guy shouting, let's hope action is taken.

Hermit Crab
12-10-2022, 06:25 AM

If it came from Hibs fans it never came from the lower section where I was. That’s clear as day and we would have heard that getting shouted out. Also sounds like a Dundee accent as well. Could be wrong though.

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 07:03 AM
Dundee United should be calling it out but I doubt they will. I used to think they were a decent club with a good fanbase but they come across as really small time now.

Just as an aside, went for a coffee before the match. Asked if it was card payment only but the laddie behind the counter says no you can pay cash if you want, but it has to be exact money. If you didn’t have exact cash and overpaid, no change was going to be given.

Cheapskate *******s.

Surely slightly better then card payment only then?

Not very fair to judge the United fan base on one idiot’s shout IF this has indeed happened and if it has indeed come from one of them. The same way all hibs fans aren’t like whoever the total welt was shouting homophobic slurs (mainly) at our own players from our first attack. I couldn’t see who it was being the tier above me but definitely sounded like someone completely off their face on something.

Usual brilliant support in numbers from Hibs with the odd cretin managing to stand out.

Anyway, not seen the video myself but if these reports are right enough I hope the guy is found and punished whoever he is.

The dalmeny
12-10-2022, 08:22 AM

Cheapskate *******s.

suspect he’s pocketing the money

Hibs90
12-10-2022, 08:43 AM
Hibs have released a statement and Jair has also posted on Twitter.

To be honest I’ve listened to it a few times, can see why people would think “fat” but there’s clearly a “bl” pronounced

Since452
12-10-2022, 08:58 AM
What goes through someones mind to think shouting that is acceptable? ****.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2022, 09:04 AM
Racism is the mark of a moron. It's largely irrelevant if this was a Hibs or Dundee Utd fan, although racially abusing your own player might be a minuscule fraction more moronic in that you cam't even use the 'heat of the moment' or 'it just slipped out ' as a tired excuse.

Sadly I think racism is more endemic in Scotland than people care to admit. Not necessarily the overt racism of calling someone a 'black *******' or whatever but rather an underlying prejudice or discomfort around race. I've noticed it more since my daughter started school and I tell people what school she is at. 'Oh there won't be many white faces at that school'. Often said conversationally by people who would be mortally offended if you called them racist. My answer is always a simple 'who cares'. The thing is the people saying it are ultimately correct, her class and the school as a whole is hugely diverse. It doesn't seem to bother the kids though, they all get along and when talking about her friends their skin colour is rarely used as a descriptor by my daughter. Racism is learned behaviour and whoever shouted what they did at Tavares last night learned it from someone and sadly will likely pass it on to another generation.

I hope the individual is identified and doesn't set foot inside a football stadium in Scotland again for a very long time. They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

berwickhibee
12-10-2022, 09:05 AM
Can you send the footage to both clubs and the police?

Clear as day, heard it loud and clear😡 ****bag😡

B.H.F.C
12-10-2022, 09:11 AM
There is no disputing what it sounds like.

What I find a bit strange is that it would have went totally unchallenged. When you hear the clip it’s the only thing you can hear. If someone has shouted that at the top of their voice when nothing is really happening there would surely have been some kind of reaction in the crowd or folk would be aware of it.

hibsbollah
12-10-2022, 09:42 AM
Ridiculous and disgraceful. Sadly it’s on the rise.

Hibby Bairn
12-10-2022, 09:42 AM
There was a guy just behind me. About 5 rows from the back of the JKD stand. At the end of the game when their no.16 was giving it laldy to us shouted " **** you, ya immigrant kent".

Nice.

The dalmeny
12-10-2022, 09:45 AM
United statement

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7532/CLUB-STATEMENT--DUNDEE-UNITED-VS-HIBERNIAN.html

Bostonhibby
12-10-2022, 09:49 AM
United statement

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7532/CLUB-STATEMENT--DUNDEE-UNITED-VS-HIBERNIAN.htmlFair enough from Dundee United now root the beast out, whoever they support and prosecute and ban them for life.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Capt Mainwaring
12-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Disgusting - hope they find the person responsible

Del Boy
12-10-2022, 09:51 AM
There was a guy just behind me. About 5 rows from the back of the JKD stand. At the end of the game when their no.16 was giving it laldy to us shouted " **** you, ya immigrant kent".

Nice.

We have some horrible humans in our support

flash
12-10-2022, 09:54 AM
I think it's "fat" and I think it's a Hibs fan shouting.
Hope I am right as the alternative is disgusting.

BoomtownHibees
12-10-2022, 09:57 AM
I think it's "fat" and I think it's a Hibs fan shouting.
Hope I am right as the alternative is disgusting.

I agree and posted earlier on the thread that I can remember vividly a Hibs fan shouting “**** you ya fat *******” at the United fan who didn’t throw the ball back and it ties in with what is going on in the video clip

superfurryhibby
12-10-2022, 10:03 AM
United statement

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7532/CLUB-STATEMENT--DUNDEE-UNITED-VS-HIBERNIAN.html

The implication here is that it came from the HIbs support?

Late in the match I thought I heard a HIbs fan shouting something that sounded very much like black something. I wasn't absolutely sure, as there were a few unsavoury shouts over the course of the evening, from behind me in the Jerry Kerr. Up near the back, on the far right of the stand as you look at the pitch. I may have misheard, as to be fair, no one called it out.

Aim Here
12-10-2022, 10:05 AM
I was at the game, and heard a lot of Hibs fans shouting 'You fat *******' at United's chunkier forwards, and that's what the audio in the clip sounds like to me. I didn't hear any racial comments aimed at black players in either team.

LunasBoots
12-10-2022, 10:16 AM
United statement

Sounds like it was from the away support then, its very hard to tell what was said whether fat or black, there was alot of fans calling Watt a fat ******* etc.

B.H.F.C
12-10-2022, 10:18 AM
The implication here is that it came from the HIbs support?

Late in the match I thought I heard a HIbs fan shouting something that sounded very much like black something. I wasn't absolutely sure, as there were a few unsavoury shouts over the course of the evening, from behind me in the Jerry Kerr. Up near the back, on the far right of the stand as you look at the pitch. I may have misheard, as to be fair, no one called it out.

Posted earlier that is what I found a bit strange. I can’t believe that absolutely nobody would have called it out with how isolated the shout seemed to be.

MelbourneHibees
12-10-2022, 10:28 AM

1van Sprou7e
12-10-2022, 10:34 AM
Seemingly a Hibs fan then directing it towards sabat if the only microphones were in front of our stand

Hopefully we can identify the ****bag and ban him for life

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-10-2022, 10:38 AM
Hibs blaming United fans, United blaming hibs fans

Not good. Whoever it was needs found and banned

flash
12-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Seemingly a Hibs fan then directing it towards sabat if the only microphones were in front of our stand

Hopefully we can identify the ****bag and ban him for life

That first sentence is a big stretch.

BoomtownHibees
12-10-2022, 10:42 AM

You’ve just made that up

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 10:48 AM
You’ve just made that up

He did say "if...".

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Tavares tweeting about it - https://twitter.com/_jair11/status/1579987810739974144?t=dLGrTHwIG3hgYEFrrFxAIg&s=19

I wonder whether he heard it at the time? As that would indicate potentially the origin of the shout

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2022, 12:03 PM
In the end it hardly matters if it was a Utd fan or a Hibs fan ... there's no place for racial abuse in society and any fan caught doing it should be called out and banned.

I am not a fan of lifetime bans though, whether that be chucking chips at Jambos or racial abuse. You will never get people to change if you don't give them the opportunity for rehabilitation ... what form that takes I wont pretend to know, perhaps some sort of course you pay for yourself and can produce a certificate of completion from before being allowed back into a stadium.

matty_f
12-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Hibs blaming United fans, United blaming hibs fans

Not good. Whoever it was needs found and banned

Did Hibs blame anyone?

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Did Hibs blame anyone?

No

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-10-2022, 12:07 PM
Did Hibs blame anyone?

You think we're suggesting it came from our end with these comments?

"Involving a racist comment directed towards one of our players.

The incident took place in the latter stages of the second half as the player went to retrieve the ball that had gone out of play"

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 12:09 PM

The incident took place in the latter stages of the second half as the player went to retrieve the ball that had gone out of play"

It's a factual, but neutral, statement. It doesn't accuse any set of fans.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-10-2022, 12:17 PM
It's a factual, but neutral, statement. It doesn't accuse any set of fans.

It states racism was directed at our player. Whilst he was collecting ball by the United fans.

United claim in their statement the mics are situated by the hibs fans so if that's the case how could racism he directed at Jair?

I think their statement is BS btw. As you could hear United fans shouting throughout the game so there has to be more than the mics that they claim. But that doesn't detract from our statement implying it was from United fans to our player

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 12:27 PM
It states racism was directed at our player. Whilst he was collecting ball by the United fans.

United claim in their statement the mics are situated by the hibs fans so if that's the case how could racism he directed at Jair?

I think their statement is BS btw. As you could hear United fans shouting throughout the game so there has to be more than the mics that they claim. But that doesn't detract from our statement implying it was from United fans to our player

I really don't think it implies anything other than a racist comment was shouted at Jair who is our player. It doesn't apportion blame in any way.

Had it been directed at a United player the same statement could have been made other than the victim being described differently.

Maybe Jair will shed some light on it.

CropleyWasGod
12-10-2022, 12:28 PM

It's entirely possible that it could be one of our fans abusing one of our own players.

CapitalGreen
12-10-2022, 12:35 PM
It's entirely possible that it could be one of our fans abusing one of our own players.

It’s also possible it was one of our fans abusing one of their players. I’m not sure how we can conclusively say who it was directed at.

LaMotta
12-10-2022, 12:36 PM
This is all mad.

I think the most likely scenario is that the mics have picked up a Hibs fan calling Tony Watt a Fat B*******.

WhileTheChief..
12-10-2022, 01:10 PM
Absolute car crash of a thread.

huggie1875
12-10-2022, 01:11 PM
Listened to it on really good headphones it’s definitely FAT that is shouted no black

Since90+2
12-10-2022, 01:24 PM

It sounds like they don't know so aren't making any accusations without the facts, which is the correct thing to do.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 01:41 PM
Listened to it on really good headphones it’s definitely FAT that is shouted no black
I've listened to it a lot and it's definitely not FAT imo . If you watch the Dundee Utd player in clip he's either giving someone a wave or the balls went into crowd and Utd players trying to tell his own fans not to give the ball back quickly which is why Travares goes to retrieve another ball from a ball boy who were incredibly slow returning it .Also fans near Utd player giving him no verbal what so ever which would suggest they are Utd fans too.might be wrong with all this but that's the way it looks to me.

Monts
12-10-2022, 01:43 PM
I've listened to get a lot and it's definitely not FAT imo also Tavares goes to retrieve the ball which leads me to believe its the Dundee Utd end it came from

The mic position and where the camera is pointing are not necessarily the same.

1van Sprou7e
12-10-2022, 01:52 PM
That first sentence is a big stretch.

The Dundee United statement says the only two broadcast microphones were situated in our stand

JammyDoidger
12-10-2022, 02:27 PM
I honestly find it so hard to believe that someone would shout they words so loudly and clearly, I'm hoping it's fat, I know plenty of thick racist Huns, but even by their stretch I couldn't see them shouting that so openly.

JeMeSouviens
12-10-2022, 02:52 PM

Having turned the volume right up on my Sennheisers I've reached the opposite conclusion!

It's absolutely yelled though, so many round about the shouter must have heard it. I'd have thought if it came from our support, someone on here who was at the game would probably have heard?

G15 Hibs
12-10-2022, 03:46 PM
Just watched the clip a few times there. Firstly, any racist should be chucked in the deepest and darkest of wells, irrespective of football or whatever. That should go without saying.

To me, the voice is shouting '**** you, ya fat *******'. I wasn't at the game, I don't know where it was shouted from but based on what Utd have said on the balance of probability it's come from the away stand. However I don't think it's related to what's on the screen, but has been directed at someone who we can't see on the clip and it's an unfortunate coincidence that at the point it's shouted Jair runs into the picture. It doesn't seem to me that the two events are directly related.

What's good about this is that it shows we're hyper-aware of racism at football. When I started going to games it wasn't uncommon to hear racist shouts from ********s. Thank goodness that's changed.

Hermit Crab
12-10-2022, 03:54 PM
Having turned the volume right up on my Sennheisers I've reached the opposite conclusion!

It's absolutely yelled though, so many round about the shouter must have heard it. I'd have thought if it came from our support, someone on here who was at the game would probably have heard?

I have posted previously that I was in the Fair Play Lower section down the front right beside the dug outs and at no point did I, or anyone me around hear anything like that getting shouted, if we did it would have been called out immediately. We are usually quite good at calling out nonsense like that so I do not think this came from the Hibs section.

DaveF
12-10-2022, 04:17 PM
Didn't someone say that Jair heard it? If so, he's got great ears if it was a Hibs fan who was guilty.

BoomtownHibees
12-10-2022, 04:35 PM
Just watched the clip a few times there. Firstly, any racist should be chucked in the deepest and darkest of wells, irrespective of football or whatever. That should go without saying.

To me, the voice is shouting '**** you, ya fat *******'. I wasn't at the game, I don't know where it was shouted from but based on what Utd have said on the balance of probability it's come from the away stand. However I don't think it's related to what's on the screen, but has been directed at someone who we can't see on the clip and it's an unfortunate coincidence that at the point it's shouted Jair runs into the picture. It doesn't seem to me that the two events are directly related.

What's good about this is that it shows we're hyper-aware of racism at football. When I started going to games it wasn't uncommon to hear racist shouts from ********s. Thank goodness that's changed.

I’ve said it a couple of times already, there was a loud shout of “**** you ya fat *******” aimed at a Dundee United fan at that exact moment who had threw the ball from one section to the other instead of to the player.

I’m convinced that it’s this shout which is picked up by the microphones

CapitalGreen
12-10-2022, 04:35 PM

Same for me, sounds more like fat through headphones but can see how it also sound like black.

DavidDavidGray
12-10-2022, 04:36 PM
Anybody claiming to hear “fat” is kidding themselves on. So clearly says black, doesn’t matter a hoot which end it’s come from it’s abhorrent and deserves banning.

LaMotta
12-10-2022, 04:47 PM
Anybody claiming to hear “fat” is kidding themselves on. So clearly says black, doesn’t matter a hoot which end it’s come from it’s abhorrent and deserves banning.

At first it sounded more like black to me, but once someone pointed out its fat, thats all I can hear. It's def not clearly black as you are suggesting.

B.H.F.C
12-10-2022, 04:56 PM
At first it sounded more like black to me, but once someone pointed out its fat, thats all I can hear. It's def not clearly black as you are suggesting.

I agree. I also, when the shout is that loud and isolated, can’t believe absolutely nobody would have challenged it. There would have been dozens, if not hundreds, in earshot.

WhileTheChief..
It’s like that blue / gold dress thing on the news a few years back.

Everybody was adamant that whatever they could see was right and everyone else was wrong.

Carheenlea
Do the Dundee Utd hospitality patrons still sit in the upper sections? Another possibility?

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 04:58 PM

Apparently “you can skip past a post or thread without commenting if you don’t like it”.

flash
12-10-2022, 05:09 PM

There speaks an expert.

OstKurve Hibs
12-10-2022, 05:15 PM
Just seen the incident on stv news, it's at the opposite side of the pitch from our support.

LaMotta
12-10-2022, 05:16 PM
I agree. I also, when the shout is that loud and isolated, can’t believe absolutely nobody would have challenged it. There would have been dozens, if not hundreds, in earshot.

It’s like that blue / gold dress thing on the news a few years back.

Everybody was adamant that whatever they could see was right and everyone else was wrong.

:agree::agree:

The fat thing makes sense as well, given Tony Watt's behaviour last night and his portly demeanour. Tavares hadn't done anything to wind anyone up there. Seems illogical any vitriol would be directed at him from either fanbase.

CropleyWasGod
12-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Just seen the incident on stv news, it's at the opposite side of the pitch from our support.

The microphones were on our side, according to DU.

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 05:17 PM

I think the discussion/debate is that the shout could easily (or even more likely) have come from the opposite side of the pitch, as that’s where the microphones were situated.

Whichever section it came from isn’t really a reflection on either support (just one cretin) but it is important to identify them and get rid, if they have used the alleged language.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 05:43 PM
I think it came from home end too .

green day
12-10-2022, 05:55 PM
It surprises me that, if it was a Hibs fan calling Watt a fat *******, that they havent just come forward as its hardly crime of the century - would put it to bed once and for all.

PaulSmith
12-10-2022, 06:24 PM
I think it’s “fat” for the following:

It came from the Hibs end as it was next to a microphone

If anyone had shouted there would’ve already been Hibs fans commenting on it plus it would’ve caused an issue at the time amongst our own support.

It’s entirely plausible that the shout is actually “fat” rather than “black” based on believing my own ears.

WhileTheChief..
12-10-2022, 06:29 PM
Apparently “you can skip past a post or thread without commenting if you don’t like it”.

There speaks an expert.

Bored tonight lads?

WhileTheChief..
12-10-2022, 06:30 PM
There speaks an expert.

Which threads that I started are you referring to? Point me to one of you can!!

MelbourneHibees
12-10-2022, 06:44 PM
I've listened to it at least 10 times and simply cannot hear "fat" at all. It also doesn't really make much sense since nobody on that pitch could really be regarded Fat enough to warrant anyone calling them that. It's not like Adams or Nade was on the pitch

green day
12-10-2022, 06:46 PM
I've listened to it at least 10 times and simply cannot hear "fat" at all. It also doesn't really make much sense since nobody on that pitch could really be regarded Fat enough to warrant anyone calling them that. It's not like Adams or Nade was on the pitch

Watt was being called a FB all night

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 06:47 PM
I think it’s “fat” for the following:

It came from the Hibs end as it was next to a microphone

If anyone had shouted there would’ve already been Hibs fans commenting on it plus it would’ve caused an issue at the time amongst our own support.

It’s entirely plausible that the shout is actually “fat” rather than “black” based on believing my own ears.
Wonder why Tavares has put it up with his comments then ? And why Bartley has spoken so strongly about it calling individual a sc**bag and said it was directed at Jair ? . Just asking like? . Black is what I hear and not for one minute do I believe this came from Hibs end aimed at our own player.

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 06:52 PM
Wonder why Tavares has put it up with his comments then ? And why Bartley has spoken so strongly about it calling individual a sc**bag and said it was directed at Jair ? . Just asking like? . Black is what I hear and not for one minute do I believe this came from Hibs end aimed at our own player.

I’m not saying it was but why can’t you believe it for one minute? I can 100% guarantee that someone in the hibs crowd shouted “faggot” and “poof” at our own players (Cadden and Campbell got more than their fair share) on a fair few occasions last night.

Sadly I wouldn’t be in disbelief myself. I do, however, also know that “fat *******” was getting banded at people on and off the pitch quite a lot too… not very nice but a lot better than the alleged offence.

green day
12-10-2022, 06:58 PM

Because the timing of the picture (from across the pitch) showed Tavares going to retrieve the ball, this coincided with sound (from our side of the pitch). It "sounded" like a racial slur as he approached their fans.

But............while many stadiums they have mics all round the pitch, Dundee Utds tinpot stadium only have 2 mics for the DUTV transmission, on the TV gantry...........right next to the away fans.

The very crappiness of their AV system tells you the shout probably came from our fans.

Its very possible that people are misinterpreting the sound and vision (unsurprising as the brain tries to tie up sound and vision) and that the shout was "fat b**tard" as opposed to the other.

LaMotta
12-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Because the timing of the picture (from across the pitch) showed Tavares going to retrieve the ball, this coincided with sound (from our side of the pitch). It "sounded" like a racial slur as he approached their fans.

But............while many stadiums they have mics all round the pitch, Dundee Utds tinpot stadium only have 2 mics for the DUTV transmission, on the TV gantry...........right next to the away fans.

The very crappiness of their AV system tells you the shout probably came from our fans.

Its very possible that people are misinterpreting the sound and vision (unsurprising as the brain tries to tie up sound and vision) and that the shout was "fat b**tard" as opposed to the other.

Exactly this :agree:

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 07:24 PM
If the mics were in our part of the stadium, I find it hard to believe that anyone would shout an insult of any kind across the pitch at any player.

It just doesn't make sense.

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 07:34 PM
If the mics were in our part of the stadium, I find it hard to believe that anyone would shout an insult of any kind across the pitch at any player.

It just doesn't make sense.

I don’t think many are aware of where the microphones are when shouting abuse, or particularly bothered?

PaulSmith
12-10-2022, 07:54 PM
I don’t think many are aware of where the microphones are when shouting abuse, or particularly bothered?

I’m very confident that if a Hibs fan shouted something like that in very packed away end that there would’ve easily have been a few hundred around him that a) heard it and b) made a very big deal about it.

Eyrie
12-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Why would Dundee United TV only have microphones for the away fans? Is that what their subscribers want to hear?

And Tavares was trying to get the ball in front of their fans.

Regardless of whether the shout came from a United fan or a Hibs fans, whoever shouted it must be banned.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 07:57 PM

No, I mean why would anyone shout abuse across the pitch when the player isn't going to hear it?

The pitch is over 70 yards wide and the fan's seat would be around another 10 yards away, if not more.

He shouts F*** you, ya XXX b*****d. No chance that's at Jair if it's from the Hibs fans.

It could be either "fat" or "black", though.

B.H.F.C
12-10-2022, 07:59 PM
I’m very confident that if a Hibs fan shouted something like that in very packed away end that there would’ve easily have been a few hundred around him that a) heard it and b) made a very big deal about it.

I agree. If someone made that remark, at that volume and in that manner, I’m positive it would be challenged. And if it has been made there’ll be plenty of witnesses to the crime.

cameronw-hfc
12-10-2022, 08:01 PM
I agree. If someone made that remark, at that volume and in that manner, I’m positive it would be challenged. And if it has been made there’ll be plenty of witnesses to the crime.

There's 2 people on my twitter post claiming to have been in the hibs end and heard it, I just can't see it. I don't get why anyone would shout that at Tavares of all people.

green day
12-10-2022, 08:03 PM
Why would Dundee United TV only have microphones for the away fans? Is that what their subscribers want to hear?

Regardless of whether the shout came from a United fan or a Hibs fans, whoever shouted it must be banned.

Because they are a tinpot club who are doing DUTV on the cheap, it's pretty simple.

CapitalGreen
12-10-2022, 08:09 PM
No, I mean why would anyone shout abuse across the pitch when the player isn't going to hear it?

The pitch is over 70 yards wide and the fan's seat would be around another 10 yards away, if not more.

He shouts F*** you, ya XXX b*****d. No chance that's at Jair if it's from the Hibs fans.

I’ve shouted at a footballer while watching a game on television.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 08:12 PM
I’ve shouted at a footballer while watching a game on television.

:faf:

Point taken.

Del Boy
12-10-2022, 08:15 PM

Surely the same could be said for Dundee Utd fans? Or are Hibs fans more likely to challenge racism!!?

Del Boy
12-10-2022, 08:16 PM
There's 2 people on my twitter post claiming to have been in the hibs end and heard it, I just can't see it. I don't get why anyone would shout that at Tavares of all people.

Because they’re ****ing morons

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2022, 08:18 PM

because a hibs fan has never shouted that at one of our own players ?

:(

B.H.F.C
12-10-2022, 08:21 PM
Surely the same could be said for Dundee Utd fans? Or are Hibs fans more likely to challenge racism!!?

No, it’s more that I’m not convinced the shout was a racist one.

WeeRussell
12-10-2022, 08:26 PM

Ah I did wonder if that could be what you meant too. I’ve definitely shouted at the football when not expecting the player to hear (usually it’s just outbursts at a frustrating game). And I’m one of the quieter ones.

And going by some of the bizarre and angry shouts yesterday, I don’t think it would matter who could hear 😁

If it is what people are suggesting has been shouted, probably not a lot of point arguing about the logic behind it as the guy is clearly a moron.

cameronw-hfc
12-10-2022, 08:34 PM
because a hibs fan has never shouted that at one of our own players ?

:(

They have, and I should state, I don't really care who it was, so long as they get banned for life at minimum. I just don't think last night is the type of night you'd see it. We won 4 straight, played alright and it was a young lad that's barely played enough to even have folk disliking him, just doesn't add up really.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 08:34 PM
Ah I did wonder if that could be what you meant too. I’ve definitely shouted at the football when not expecting the player to hear (usually it’s just outbursts at a frustrating game). And I’m one of the quieter ones.

And going by some of the bizarre and angry shouts yesterday, I don’t think it would matter who could hear 😁

If it is what people are suggesting has been shouted, probably not a lot of point arguing about the logic behind it as the guy is clearly a moron.

I understand that, but shouting F*** off at someone who is already the best part of 100 yards away, would be a touch, well, unusual.

MelbourneHibees
12-10-2022, 08:37 PM
I understand that, but shouting F*** off at someone who is already the best part of 100 yards away, would be a touch, well, unusual.
Have you ever been to a football match?

green day
12-10-2022, 08:38 PM

You obviously don't sit next to me in the West Upper........

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 08:41 PM
I’m not saying it was but why can’t you believe it for one minute? I can 100% guarantee that someone in the hibs crowd shouted “faggot” and “poof” at our own players (Cadden and Campbell got more than their fair share) on a fair few occasions last night.

Sadly I wouldn’t be in disbelief myself. I do, however, also know that “fat *******” was getting banded at people on and off the pitch quite a lot too… not very nice but a lot better than the alleged offence.
Crazy stuff if our fans are abusing the players when we are chasing the game or any time for that matter . It is my belief it's black that's said and is aimed at Jair as he's trying to get ball back from ball boy who were really at it most of the match and I still suspect that was home end and that's were it came from .The main thing is the culprits caught and banned for life whatever end there in.

CropleyWasGod

100 yards is my limit.

Anything less and I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm a *****bag.

Hibbyradge
Have you ever been to a football match?

Very good.

Is shouting F off at your own player who is trying to quickly retrieve the ball so we can press for an equaliser a common event in Melbourne?

I certainly don't understand that.

Then add in the racial element and it makes even less sense.

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2022, 09:25 PM
i'm watching a clip over and over and i'm still not convinced the word used is black :hmmm: freeman is waving to fans who are in the background whilst jair is seen running over from behind him, could it be the fan was shouting at freeman ?

i could be half deaf right enough

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2022, 09:28 PM
They have, and I should state, I don't really care who it was, so long as they get banned for life at minimum. I just don't think last night is the type of night you'd see it. We won 4 straight, played alright and it was a young lad that's barely played enough to even have folk disliking him, just doesn't add up really.

:agree:

RIP
12-10-2022, 10:11 PM
I’m a lifelong anti racist. A former admin of Football Lads and Lassies Against Fascism. I’ve been a regular at Hibs games since 1961.

I know that we have had in the past, if not still, numerous supporters who were members of anti immigrant political groups who held discriminatory views. However, the world is changing, there are black players in almost every team in the SPFL and the vast majority of fans are happy to regard men of colour as integral members of their club and team.

The best way to identify if this was a Hibs fan is for supporters like me who went to Tannadice last night to tell the club their seat number and if they heard a racist shout. For what it’s worth, my son and I were close to the camera position in I46 and I47 and my brother was underneath the other camera in row E.

He’s also an anti racist. Neither of us heard anyone shouting’black Barsteward’ . However all three of us heard TWatt and others being continually called ‘Fat Barsteward’ for the last 15 minutes of the game.

I’m aware that doesn’t disprove that it was or wasn’t said. But surely all it would need is a few dozen other fans who were there to make statements with seat numbers to help the club with their investigations.

Hibby70
12-10-2022, 10:45 PM
I’m a lifelong anti racist. A former admin of Football Lads and Lassies Against Fascism. I’ve been a regular at Hibs games since 1961.

I know that we have had in the past, if not still, numerous supporters who were members of anti immigrant political groups who held discriminatory views. However, the world is changing, there are black players in almost every team in the SPFL and the vast majority of fans are happy to regard men of colour as integral members of their club and team.

The best way to identify if this was a Hibs fan is for supporters like me who went to Tannadice last night to tell the club their seat number and if they heard a racist shout. For what it’s worth, my son and I were close to the camera position in I46 and I47 and my brother was underneath the other camera in row E.

He’s also an anti racist. Neither of us heard anyone shouting’black Barsteward’ . However all three of us heard TWatt and others being continually called ‘Fat Barsteward’ for the last 15 minutes of the game.

I’m aware that doesn’t disprove that it was or wasn’t said. But surely all it would need is a few dozen other fans who were there to make statements with seat numbers to help the club with their investigations.

You've sunk my battleship.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 10:47 PM
Story in the independent saying that it might not be as it seems

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Story in the independent saying that it might not be as it seems

Have you got a link?

Sir David Gray
12-10-2022, 10:54 PM
Have you got a link?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-scottish-football-association-livingston-portuguese-premiership-b2201553.html?amp>

All very odd.

Hibbyradge
12-10-2022, 10:57 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-scottish-football-association-livingston-portuguese-premiership-b2201553.html?amp>

All very odd.

I wonder what the "fresh footage" is.

Donegal Hibby
12-10-2022, 11:02 PM
I wonder what the "fresh footage" is.
Sorry didn't have a link . I was wondering about the fresh footage bit as well

Slim Shady
13-10-2022, 06:36 AM
The way I remember the incident which isn’t shown on the footage.

Ball is cleared into the Utd stand. Fan grabs it and holds onto the ball then decides to throw it sideways further into the stand to waste even more time.

Then the shout of “F U ya fat bassa”

This is not to say there wasn’t another shout ie racial slur, which I didn’t hear.

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 06:44 AM

All very odd.

This is good news.

It might turn out that there was no racist abuse at all which is what everyone wants.

LaMotta
13-10-2022, 08:00 AM

Do you really think shouting fat xxxxxxx is a banning offence?

mcohibs
13-10-2022, 08:14 AM

All very odd.

Bit of a nothing article that. No new information on the incident that can’t be found elsewhere online. 90% of the copy is just lifted from club statements or Twitter quotes with no attempt to give any further insight at all.

CapitalGreen
13-10-2022, 08:22 AM
Bit of a nothing article that. No new information on the incident that can’t be found elsewhere online. 90% of the copy is just lifted from club statements or Twitter quotes with no attempt to give any further insight at all.

The clubs will probably have access to more footage from their own cameras and the broadcasters which potentially captures a fat b****** holding onto the ball in the stand and then throwing it away.

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 09:24 AM

Some probably do and more probably think it should be!!

gbhibby
13-10-2022, 09:41 AM
That's being fatist. Remember walking to Easter Road and some Hearts fans shouting at a Hibs fan you fat *******,one of the shouting was huge.

What they need to do is get the footage analysed but sound experts to determine what was said. We don't tolerate racism at football grounds so why should we have to put up with bigotry as well.

SteveHFC
13-10-2022, 10:01 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-dundee-united-a

The dalmeny
13-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Utd statement

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7533/CLUB-STATEMENT--INVESTIGATION-FINDS-ABUSE-CAME-FROM-AWAY-SUPPORT.html

Came from Our support, inconclusive if racial but accepted derogatory

MelbourneHibees
13-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Not sure how they can claim that they cannot determine the word used but conclude that its likely not racial...

Disappointing nonetheless. Hopefully weed out the perpetrator.

bigwheel
13-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Utd statement

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7533/CLUB-STATEMENT--INVESTIGATION-FINDS-ABUSE-CAME-FROM-AWAY-SUPPORT.html

Came from Our support, inconclusive if racial but accepted derogatory

There must be people who know who this is , if it was one of our fans

LunasBoots
13-10-2022, 10:11 AM

Be alot of fans banned if that was the case, many fat comments where made towards Watt and Co.

GreenGray
13-10-2022, 10:13 AM
The video linked in the Hibs statement makes it easier to hear what’s been said imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stairway 2 7
13-10-2022, 10:13 AM
People have been saying for days that it was someone calling Tony Watt a fat b. It happened right as he was waving his hands at us in the corner. Just unfortunately the camera was pointed over to jair at the other end so misrepresented it

Northernhibee
13-10-2022, 10:14 AM
That's being fatist. Remember walking to Easter Road and some Hearts fans shouting at a Hibs fan you fat *******,one of the shouting was huge.

What they need to do is get the footage analysed but sound experts to determine what was said. We don't tolerate racism at football grounds so why should we have to put up with bigotry.

I know someone who due to side effects of medication they were on plus chronic pain gained a fair bit of weight and lost a huge deal of self confidence. I know that shouts of “fat *******” would have hit them hard.

I’ll be honest, I really don’t like that shout, it’s something that can do a lot of damage to someone’s mental health.

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 10:15 AM
People have been saying for days that it was someone calling Tony Watt a fat b. It happened right as he was waving his hands at us in the corner. Just unfortunately the camera was pointed over to jair at the other end so misrepresented it

It didn’t, when he was waving his hands about he had just fouled Porto in the opposite corner. This video clip is from when the ball went in to the home end and a Utd supporter didn’t throw the ball back and someone in the Hibs end shouted “**** you ya fat *******”

Del Boy
13-10-2022, 10:16 AM

Turns out it was

ShadesLongThrow
13-10-2022, 10:19 AM
On one of the angles, it showed a Utd supporter picking the ball up, showing it to the crowd and then throwing it into the United fans to waste time. The shout happened right after that. I'm pretty sure the shout was aimed towards him and his actions and not any of the players.

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 10:20 AM
On one of the angles, it showed a Utd supporter picking the ball up, showing it to the crowd and then throwing it into the United fans to waste time. The shout happened right after that. I'm pretty sure the shout was aimed towards him and his actions and not any of the players.

It was exactly that. Came from the Jerry Kerr stand

Since90+2
13-10-2022, 10:21 AM
I've not really followed this, is the accusation someone called Tavares a fat *******? I'm not getting that at all, doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

MelbourneHibees
13-10-2022, 10:22 AM
It's been slowed down to .5 speed and confirmed by a DU it was defo not a FAT xxxxx and was what everyone thinks from the video. Shocker.

Got a link to this?
All I have ever heard is Black (the L in particular seems obvious to me) but many now think it is Fat.

This video could hopefully confirm it as being Fat (not that that is acceptable either).

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 10:23 AM
I've not really followed this, is the accusation someone called Tavares a fat *******? I'm not getting that at all, doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

Na it was at a Dundee Utd fan

CapitalGreen
13-10-2022, 10:25 AM

Fairly clear from the 2nd angle that the shout was fat b****** directed at the Dun Utd fan who through the ball in the opposite direction of the thrower who was waiting to receive it.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 10:29 AM
Amazing how quickly something got done on this by both clubs, and it has turned out to be nothing, yet thousands and thousands sign about killing catholics every week and nothing whatsoever is done.

As a club, Hibernian FC has a zero-tolerance position on all kinds discriminatory and derogatory abuse and finds that behaviour completely abhorrent. It has no place at Hibs, in the game or in wider society.

This is a lie by Hibs. We done nothing to defend Lennon, we still allow Gary Mackay into our stadium and we do nothing to deal with the old firm belting out horrible bigoted songs in our own stadium. We pick and chose what we stand up against based on our own self interest.

Get the ****ing old firm banned from easter road next time they sing their filth.

Greencore
13-10-2022, 10:32 AM
At first it sounds like black b****** but judging from the audio being replayed and replayed it sounds like fat not black.

MelbourneHibees
13-10-2022, 10:38 AM
Amazing how quickly something got done on this by both clubs, and it has turned out to be nothing, yet thousands and thousands sign about killing catholics every week and nothing whatsoever is done.

This is a lie by Hibs. We done nothing to defend Lennon, we still allow Gary Mackay into our stadium and we do nothing to deal with the old firm belting out horrible bigoted songs in our own stadium. We pick and chose what we stand up against based on our own self interest.

Get the ****ing old firm banned from easter road next time they sing their filth.
100% all of this.

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 10:38 AM

Cost the club a fair bit of cash banning the old firm mind you ?

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 10:40 AM
Cost the club a fair bit of cash banning the old firm mind you ?

Exactly. Cash before morals. We have zero tolerance except when we make money from it. Same with all clubs in Scotland.

Hibbyradge
13-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Fairly clear from the 2nd angle that the shout was fat b****** directed at the Dun Utd fan who through the ball in the opposite direction of the thrower who was waiting to receive it.

Definitely.

The angle with about 3.30 left clearly shows the United fan doing that to waste time and the shout happens immediately after that.

J-C
13-10-2022, 10:47 AM
1st time I've really listened to this properly as I missed it while watching, it does sound like **** you ya fat *******.

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 10:50 AM
Definitely.

The angle with about 3.30 left clearly shows the United fan doing that to waste time and the shout happens immediately after that.

100%. Feel like I’ve been on a bit of a one man mission saying this since the other night. No sure why but I remember the shout clear as day and can even match the voice I heard to the one in the video

JeMeSouviens
13-10-2022, 10:50 AM
Definitely.

He does look a somewhat portly gentleman in that angle. :agree:

B.H.F.C
13-10-2022, 10:51 AM
I thought it was ‘fat’ that was used listening to it. The added context of the various angles make it very clear that the racist term wasn’t used.

Lesson that people maybe shouldn’t be as quick to judge. Hibs included in that as they came out straight away and termed it as being racist, nothing about it being alleged or anything like that.

Chorley Hibee
13-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Exactly. Cash before morals. We have zero tolerance except when we make money from it. Same with all clubs in Scotland.

The sad truth unfortunately.

Hibs happily turn a blind eye to it every time Rangers rock up at ER, so hard to take them serious now.

gbhibby
13-10-2022, 11:08 AM
I know someone who due to side effects of medication they were on plus chronic pain gained a fair bit of weight and lost a huge deal of self confidence. I know that shouts of “fat *******” would have hit them hard.

I’ll be honest, I really don’t like that shout, it’s something that can do a lot of damage to someone’s mental health.
Agree.

The Spaceman
13-10-2022, 11:27 AM
That’s a line drawn under it then - a misunderstanding (including from me!).

AugustaHibs
13-10-2022, 11:34 AM
Silence from Bartley…

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Morals are a very good thing though we are talking about the running of a football club here .Banning old firm would probably hurt Hibs far more than the it would old firm .At the end of the day Hibs are a business like any other trying to make as much profit as they can rather than a financial loss .I do get what you are saying about banning old firm about there sickening songs though but only way I can see club been able to do this is by putting up ticket prices and maybe more to balance out the loss in revenue by banning old firm .Do you think our fans would be all for this ? Personally Id have me doubts.

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 11:39 AM
Morals are a very good thing though we are talking about the running of a football club here .Banning old firm would probably hurt Hibs far more than the it would old firm .At the end of the day Hibs are a business like any other trying to make as much profit as they can rather than a financial loss .I do get what you are saying about banning old firm about there sickening songs though but only way I can see club been able to do this is by putting up ticket prices and maybe more to balance out the loss in revenue by banning old firm .Do you think our fans would be all for this ? Personally Id have me doubts.

Even the club speaking out about it after games would be a good start

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 11:57 AM

In a article I read Dundee Utd have said they will give Hibs continued assistance if they want to pursue the culprit . Wonder will they ? I was one that got it wrong too and in a way I'm glad I was wrong as it would have been awful .The shout it's meant to be is down right nasty and makes you wonder about the individual in question .No need for it for it at all.

Not In The Know
13-10-2022, 11:58 AM
Silence from Bartley…

He doesn't really need to say anything. Sad thing is he can just retweet it next time this happens (for real)

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 11:59 AM
Even the club speaking out about it after games would be a good start
That should be done imo though no club has ever seemed too

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Lesson to be learned maybe before forming an online lynch mob in future?!

I hope nobody actually posted video footage of any Hibs fans on Twitter or YouTube last night. That would be totally unfair on innocent people doing nothing wrong.

We should all be pleased at the outcome yet already there are posters saying it’s disappointing.

They’d rather of heard racist abuse so they could catch someone, rather than there not being any racial abuse in the first place!!

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 12:06 PM

It would definitely hurt Hibs financially. Although if we made it absolutely clear why we were banning them, then it would also hurt them.

Yes, Hibs are a business, shouldn't pretend to have zero tolerance.

Lets be honest, we were signing better players in the championship with much less revenue. We would manage without the old firm, we just don't want to.

Hibernian Verse
13-10-2022, 12:07 PM
Lesson to be learned maybe before forming an online lynch mob in future?!

I hope nobody actually posted video footage of any Hibs fans on Twitter or YouTube last night. That would be totally unfair on innocent people doing nothing wrong.

We should all be pleased at the outcome yet already there are posters saying it’s disappointing.

They’d rather of heard racist abuse so they could catch someone, rather than there not being any racial abuse in the first place!!

2022s Cancel Culture.

mcohibs
13-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Well handled from Dundee United. They’d be well within their rights to call Hibs out for the way in which we started pointing fingers without any proper investigation.

If only we were as forthcoming in calling out opposition fans when the Glasgow Two come to town.

Sir David Gray
13-10-2022, 12:24 PM

Sounds like Hibs are determined to find whoever shouted this (even if it was fatist as opposed to racist) and take the strongest possible action against them.

That could put an awful lot of people at risk of similar action every week.

Glad that it's been clarified though, I deliberately didn't comment on this thread until it had been properly investigated.

green day
13-10-2022, 12:27 PM
Well handled from Dundee United. They’d be well within their rights to call Hibs out for the way in which we started pointing fingers without any proper investigation.

If only we were as forthcoming in calling out opposition fans when the Glasgow Two come to town.

Except that didnt happen

DaveF
13-10-2022, 12:33 PM
Sounds like Hibs are determined to find whoever shouted this (even if it was fatist as opposed to racist) and take the strongest possible action against them.

Glad that it's been clarified though, I deliberately didn't comment on this thread until it had been properly investigated.

I really didn't like that line at all on the statement. I presume it's there as a bit of fluff but if Hibs are going to take the strongest possible action for calling Tony Watt (or whoever) a fat ******* then I'm giving up going to games.

B.H.F.C
13-10-2022, 12:35 PM
I really didn't like that line at all on the statement. I presume it's there as a bit of fluff but if Hibs are going to take the strongest possible action for calling Tony Watt (or whoever) a fat ******* then I'm giving up going to games.

It has to be. If they want to ban folk for stuff like that stadiums will be rather empty.

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2022, 12:42 PM
Except that didnt happen

There wasn’t any ‘finger pointing’ at the “who” may have shouted it however there definitely was about the “what” was shouted. There wasn’t even an “alleged” in the initial statement

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2022, 01:10 PM
It would definitely hurt Hibs financially. Although if we made it absolutely clear why we were banning them, then it would also hurt them.

Lets be honest, we were signing better players in the championship with much less revenue. We would manage without the old firm, we just don't want to.
Yes we did sign some good players in the championship on less revenue but it's about a business trying to increase its financial income ,to increase its profit margin and in the long run to get better everyway possible .By banning old firm fans from Easter Road would cost Hibs close to half a million ,you do know that right? Any business that would wave away that kinda loot with what's been a bad time with COVID and worldwide Recession would imo be a absolutely crazy thing to do . I'd still think it could be done by ticket prices going up but you never mentioned what you thought of that btw ?

basehibby
13-10-2022, 01:16 PM
Cannot believe that some on here are basically calling for someone to be identified and punished with a ban for shouting "fat bxxxxxd" at some time wasting phanny in the opposition support.
Next thing we'll be banned from calling Stevie Fulton ugly!!!

Mcbizz1998
13-10-2022, 01:21 PM
Can we change the thread title? it’s clearly inaccurate.

Capt Mainwaring
13-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Time for the title to this thread to be updated.

There’s enough inaccuracies being spouted already!

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 01:24 PM

There’s also an awful lot of us that really enjoy games against the Old Firm and don’t want to see their fans banned from ER.

I know it’s not popular to say so on here and I got dogs abuse for saying it in the past, but it happens to be true.

The club have to take a lot of things into consideration before carrying out such a bold move.

MWHIBBIES
13-10-2022, 01:35 PM
There’s also an awful lot of us that really enjoy games against the Old Firm and don’t want to see their fans banned from ER.

I know it’s not popular to say so on here and I got dogs abuse for saying it in the past, but it happens to be true.

The club have to take a lot of things into consideration before carrying out such a bold move.

Fair enough. Personally don't think anything really needs to be considered. You either enable sectarianism or you don't. Hibs are currently enabling it. Not so much as a word against it ever.

It is fine if you prefer the atmosphere, I genuinely do get that, but Hibs shouldn't lie and say they have zero tolerance for bigotry. They clearly do. All scottish clubs do.

CapitalGreen
13-10-2022, 01:48 PM

Hibs aren’t going to spend anytime looking for someone who called someone fat.

mcohibs
13-10-2022, 02:00 PM
Except that didnt happen

Except it literally did. Hibs jumped the gun and put out a statement on our official website and comms that in no uncertain terms said:

1. A Hibs player had been a target of abuse.
2. That abuse was racist.

Upon investigation it would appear that neither of those things were in fact true.

United on the other hand were balanced and careful to label any occurrences as alleged until investigated. We should have approached this in the same professional manner that they did and I’d assume there will absolutely be conversations within Easter Road with whoever issued our statement.

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 02:10 PM
Except it literally did. Hibs jumped the gun and put out a statement on our official website and comms that in no uncertain terms said:

1. A Hibs player had been a target of abuse.
2. That abuse was racist.

Upon investigation it would appear that neither of those things were in fact true.

United on the other hand were balanced and careful to label any occurrences as alleged until investigated. We should have approached this in the same professional manner that they did and I’d assume there will absolutely be conversations within Easter Road with whoever issued our statement.

Correct.

And Hibs only did this because of the fuss kicked up online by some over zealous Hibs fans keen to show how anti-racist they are.

A lot of people should look back through this thread, there's some lessons to be learned all round from it.

Sir David Gray
13-10-2022, 02:11 PM
Hibs aren’t going to spend anytime looking for someone who called someone fat.

I would doubt that too but the statement from Hibs would suggest otherwise.

basehibby
13-10-2022, 02:17 PM

:top marksHere here.

I may have a distaste for Celgers and Rantic but I wouldn't want any group of fans banned from coming to watch their team play Hibs at ER. Their 17th century inspired songbooks don't bother me much either - never really was that much aware what they were slavering on about until some around me got upset about it in the past. Odious and offensive they may be but that just makes it all the more enjoyable when we get one over on them.

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2022, 02:40 PM
don't know if it was this thread but a poster on here said he had very expensive earphones/buds and clearly heard Black

i'll just stick to my Vido ear buds bought in poundland for £12, i said FAT after hearing the clip :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
13-10-2022, 02:46 PM
bought in poundland for £12

I knew inflation was bad but this is ridiculous.

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2022, 03:07 PM
I knew inflation was bad but this is ridiculous.

it will be a lot more if a loan is required what with inflation and all that

ah, i see what you did

Jones28
13-10-2022, 03:24 PM
Correct.

And Hibs only did this because of the fuss kicked up online by some over zealous Hibs fans keen to show how anti-racist they are.

A lot of people should look back through this thread, there's some lessons to be learned all round from it.

That middle sentence is quite a strange comment - you forgot to mention they were virtue signalling.

WeeRussell
13-10-2022, 04:17 PM
That middle sentence is quite a strange comment - you forgot to mention they were virtue signalling.

Maybe used up his ‘virtue signalling’ quota for this year. I wouldn’t worry about it, WTC doesn’t like people speaking out about racism so it stands to reason that he’d make up some utter ***** about posters being disappointed that nothing has been proved to be racist, when of course everyone will be relieved to find out hibs aren’t being charged with the sort of bile we’d expect from those Glasgow cretins he respects so much.

WhileTheChief..
13-10-2022, 05:23 PM
^^ Nah, i'm an anti-racist now, have been for a few months.

Took on board some feedback from folk on here, did a pretty cool course through my work and have moved from being against racism to actively challenging it wherever I see it.

I didn't call it out here because I wasn't at the game and didn't hear it.

WeeRussell
13-10-2022, 05:43 PM

Took on board some feedback from folk on here, did a pretty cool course through my work and have moved from being against racism to actively challenging it wherever I see it.

Good on you - that’s really good to hear. I’ll take back and apologise for that part then, albeit still disagree with your previous post 👍

cameronw-hfc
14-10-2022, 11:47 AM
Correct.

I'm pretty sure I was the first, if not one of the first to get attention to it on twitter, and I wasn't desperate to show how anti-racist I am. I was appalled by what I, and many others thought was a racist remark. We were wrong, it happens, but I'd rather be someone that calls out racism when I see it than sit and just accept it.

Can't see how people trying to defend a Hibs player from racism, albeit we were wrong, is somehow the wrong thing to do?

Should say, it wasn't just a few Hibs fans. Bartley put it on his IG story before the game ended. Again though, I suppose he was just supposed to sit and watch a fellow black player possibly be abused? I guess he was just trying to show how anti-racist he is.

WhileTheChief..
14-10-2022, 12:17 PM
Good on you - that’s really good to hear. I’ll take back and apologise for that part then, albeit still disagree with your previous post 👍

I don't understand your point you're making to me about respecting Rangers??

I have never posted anything to suggest that, so you're maybe reading what other posters think i've said?

What I have said on numerous occasions, and I stand by this, is that i enjoy going to games against Rangers and Celtic at ER. I enjoy the rivalry and atmosphere that comes with it.

I'm not alone in this. I'd guess there are upwards of 13,000 Hibs fans think similarly.

This does not in any way equate to me being a bigot, a racist, in favour of sectarianism, enabling anything, or being part of Scotland's shame.

Please stop accusing me of this or similar things. It's uncalled for, unwarranted and simply wrong.

I don't know what I've done to piss you off so much but you regularly have digs at me. Please stop it.

I get that you don't like most of things I post. Can we just accept that as a given and just not reply to me at all, unless you can disagree with me in a civil manner?

You managed it in your last post to me, it would be good if you could keep that in mind in future.

WhileTheChief..
14-10-2022, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I was the first, if not one of the first to get attention to it on twitter, and I wasn't desperate to show how anti-racist I am. I was appalled by what I, and many others thought was a racist remark. We were wrong, it happens, but I'd rather be someone that calls out racism when I see it than sit and just accept it.

Can't see how people trying to defend a Hibs player from racism, albeit we were wrong, is somehow the wrong thing to do?

Should say, it wasn't just a few Hibs fans. Bartley put it on his IG story before the game ended. Again though, I suppose he was just supposed to sit and watch a fellow black player possibly be abused? I guess he was just trying to show how anti-racist he is.

The 'wrong' bit was the rush to post vids on Twitter, asking fans to give a note of their seat numbers and pass to Hibs, rushing to apportion blame before knowing even the basic facts.

I've no issue with an OP asking if there was racist abuse. But everyone just jumped straight in without a minutes pause.

If this was pre-internet someone would have ended up in casualty, for no reason.

To go from Dundee Utd fan racial abuses Hibs player to Hibs fan shouts something not nice is quote a leap.

My point is that we should learn from that, not be so quick to be judge and executioner and maybe even give Hibs fans the benefit of the doubt instead of hoping there are racists amongst us!

Edit - and Yeah, Bartley was wrong, he should have waited.

hibsbollah
14-10-2022, 12:21 PM

When you say you are an 'anti racist', how does this manifest itself and what difference does it make to your behaviour? Genuine question out of interest.

CapitalGreen
14-10-2022, 12:33 PM
When you say you are an 'anti racist', how does this manifest itself and what difference does it make to your behaviour? Genuine question out of interest.

He covers that in the 2nd paragraph of his post.

WhileTheChief..
14-10-2022, 12:40 PM
Figured someone would come along and ask! Happy to answer as you're saying it's a genuine question but please don't go looking to pick holes for the sake of argument.

I started a new job in June.

Part of the probation period is a Diversity and Inclusion course, it was fantastic. The whole company's culture is built around it. I've never experienced this before.

It covers a whole variety of issues but I'll stick to race as this is what we're discussing.

The main point ( i appreciate there are many and I'm not belittling any others) i took from it was do with perception. It focussed on how we all perceive things our own way. This will have been built up from birth and was influenced by every aspect of our lives.

You and I could both see / feel / experience the same thing, but our perception of the event could be entirely different.

The course tried to get us to put ourselves in others situations and to try and 'feel' how they might feel. It's hard to explain here, but it was a kinda penny drop moment for me.

As for how it has changed my behaviour, if you're looking for direct interventions, I'm going to disappoint you.

I rarely, actually never, hear racist language. But I am trying to be more aware of racist actions. It could be something as simple as making someone with a BAME background feel more comfortable.

One little example was when I was on the bus home recently.

There was an Asian lady on a busy bus at rush hour with 4 young kids. She was having a nightmare time of it with them screaming and shouting, and dropping everything that they tried to hold.

I was only on the bus 5 mins with her at this point and could feel her pain!!! She had probably had them al day and was near the end of her tether.

There were a few tuts and moans about the noise, and a lady complained when one of the kids dropped a mobile phone at her feet.

At this point I jokingly said to her that she was lucky it wasn't the McDonald's flurry that was dropped on her and she turned away after giving me a look.

I smiled at the Asian lady and said she must be looking forward to getting home for some peace. She smiled back. A moment later the phone was dropped again near me. I just picked it upland gave it back to her. She smiled again.

It was a tiny little moment but one that I maybe wouldn't have noticed in the past.

WeeRussell
13-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Been a development:

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-dundee-utd-a-further-investigation

Good that they’ve taken it seriously and got to the bottom of it. Bad in terms of the result. Of course worth bearing in mind this is ONE idiot.

Stubbsy90+2
13-12-2022, 08:11 PM
Been a development:

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-dundee-utd-a-further-investigation

Good that they’ve taken it seriously and got to the bottom of it. Bad in terms of the result. Of course worth bearing in mind this is ONE idiot.

Good to see us pushing this so hard.

CL0762
13-12-2022, 08:17 PM
Been a development:

****. hopefully the ******** is found and banned from attending matches for life.

DaveF
13-12-2022, 08:25 PM
Sent for forensic analysis. If we apply the same effort when Rantic come calling re their sectarian abuse we should be able to dish out several thousand banning orders.

Donegal Hibby
13-12-2022, 08:42 PM
Can't get my head around the fact that this has came from a Hibs fan ( not a proper one ) who has racially abused one of our own players. No to Racism ✊ . Life time ban for culprit

B.H.F.C
13-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Will be interesting to see if they get any witnesses come forward in agreement with the independent expert.

With how loud and isolated it was there is no way there wouldn’t be any.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Sent for forensic analysis. If we apply the same effort when Rantic come calling re their sectarian abuse we should be able to dish out several thousand banning orders.

Good to see this incident receiving so much scrutiny, as you say hopefully we'll apply for the same level of analysis on Thursday night at Ibrox and in a couple of weeks' time when Celtic come to Easter Road.

Hopefully whoever it was that was responsible is caught and punished.

LaMotta
13-12-2022, 10:32 PM
Will be interesting to see if they get any witnesses come forward in agreement with the independent expert.

With how loud and isolated it was there is no way there wouldn’t be any.

I find this astonishing. What skills/technology does the independent expert have that normal people's ears don't? Like seriously? It sounded like fat, fat fitted the context. If it was black then who was the Hibs fan shouting at? None of it makes sense. Really find this strange.

MelbourneHibees
13-12-2022, 11:26 PM

I find this astonishing. What skills/technology does the independent expert have that normal people's ears don't? Like seriously? It sounded like fat, fat fitted the context. If it was black then who was the Hibs fan shouting at? None of it makes sense. Really find this strange.

Theyll be able to look at the wavelengths of the audio. In minute detail they can differentiate between words and even letters.

Also they can as you say just use their ears are hear clearly the word "Black" because they don't have the disadvantage of bias like a few on here seem to struggle to let go of.

cameronw-hfc
13-12-2022, 11:31 PM
Figured someone would come along and ask! Happy to answer as you're saying it's a genuine question but please don't go looking to pick holes for the sake of argument.

I started a new job in June.

Part of the probation period is a Diversity and Inclusion course, it was fantastic. The whole company's culture is built around it. I've never experienced this before.

It covers a whole variety of issues but I'll stick to race as this is what we're discussing.

The main point ( i appreciate there are many and I'm not belittling any others) i took from it was do with perception. It focussed on how we all perceive things our own way. This will have been built up from birth and was influenced by every aspect of our lives.

You and I could both see / feel / experience the same thing, but our perception of the event could be entirely different.

The course tried to get us to put ourselves in others situations and to try and 'feel' how they might feel. It's hard to explain here, but it was a kinda penny drop moment for me.

As for how it has changed my behaviour, if you're looking for direct interventions, I'm going to disappoint you.

I rarely, actually never, hear racist language. But I am trying to be more aware of racist actions. It could be something as simple as making someone with a BAME background feel more comfortable.

One little example was when I was on the bus home recently.

There was an Asian lady on a busy bus at rush hour with 4 young kids. She was having a nightmare time of it with them screaming and shouting, and dropping everything that they tried to hold.

I was only on the bus 5 mins with her at this point and could feel her pain!!! She had probably had them al day and was near the end of her tether.

There were a few tuts and moans about the noise, and a lady complained when one of the kids dropped a mobile phone at her feet.

At this point I jokingly said to her that she was lucky it wasn't the McDonald's flurry that was dropped on her and she turned away after giving me a look.

I smiled at the Asian lady and said she must be looking forward to getting home for some peace. She smiled back. A moment later the phone was dropped again near me. I just picked it upland gave it back to her. She smiled again.

It was a tiny little moment but one that I maybe wouldn't have noticed in the past.

Well done on holding your hands up and admitting you've had your mind changed. Good man👍

I'm only 23, but I use to think it was all virtue signaling etc until I took over a Dept of Writers based around the world. In about a month, I had seen levels of racist, homophobic and xenophobic abuse I thought was a lie. I also grew up in a council estate, but it wasn't a diverse one. I didnt have foreign friends, BAME friends or anything. I just didnt know any. There was one black lad at our school, we were never in the same classes so just didnt talk.

I think perception as you said is huge. To someone that's never experienced, or even seen racist abuse, it's often a case of "is it really that bad". Once you've witnessed it firsthand, it can change things. Boys that wanted nothing more than to write about the sport they love whilst earning a bit of views money whilst trying to better themselves at Uni were getting abused for their articles, for being black, gay, or even just not from the British Isles. It actually really upset me, as I had one lad skype me from South Africa, whilst the riots were going on. I could hear it outside his house, his windows were boarded up, and he was in floods of tears about over 20 racist dms, all because he wrote an article critiquing a certain player. It then hit me just how much it can affect people. He was in a country in turmoil, riots less than a street away from his house and he couldn't get his head around the fact that people hated him for being from Africa and black. It absolutely crushed me.

I also have a black kid that plays for the kids team I coach, and hes our best player by a mile. Won 11-2 one week, promised him if he got a double hattrick this season I'd buy him a football. He scored 9, should have made his week, scored 9 out of 11 in a game and making his coach buy him a brand new ball(80 odd quid ball he wanted btw). Instead he came off in tears because he'd been getting vulgar comments made to him at the other side of the pitch from the other coaches and parents. He's 9. 9 years old, 7 aside and again, it really really upset me and since those incidents, I've tried to call out any discrimination I see. Hibs fans or others. I use to think it was enough to just not be a racisr, it isn't. To combat it, you need to be actively anti-racist. That doesn't mean going to every BLM rally, but as you said, try make BAME people feel welcome when they might not otherwise. Do little things to help people when they need it, and if you see something, say something.

Edit- as an example, one of the parents told the defender on his side after he snapped him, "sent him back to Africa pal". He's Scottish. Born and raised here to Scottish parents. That's the only example I can give without getting myself banned, but figured its stupid to say they were giving him a bit and not give an example. I won't even dare repeat some of the DMs my writer got, because I had no idea until I seen them there were people with that much hate inside them.

LaMotta
14-12-2022, 05:40 AM
Theyll be able to look at the wavelengths of the audio. In minute detail they can differentiate between words and even letters.

Also they can as you say just use their ears are hear clearly the word "Black" because they don't have the disadvantage of bias like a few on here seem to struggle to let go of.

Audio Forensic Analysis/enhancement does not necessarily offer definitive proof of something being said. This article provides some context about its limitations.

https://theconversation.com/dont-believe-your-ears-enhancing-forensic-audio-can-mislead-juries-in-criminal-trials-113844

JimBHibees
14-12-2022, 05:44 AM
Well done on holding your hands up and admitting you've had your mind changed. Good man👍

I'm only 23, but I use to think it was all virtue signaling etc until I took over a Dept of Writers based around the world. In about a month, I had seen levels of racist, homophobic and xenophobic abuse I thought was a lie. I also grew up in a council estate, but it wasn't a diverse one. I didnt have foreign friends, BAME friends or anything. I just didnt know any. There was one black lad at our school, we were never in the same classes so just didnt talk.

I think perception as you said is huge. To someone that's never experienced, or even seen racist abuse, it's often a case of "is it really that bad". Once you've witnessed it firsthand, it can change things. Boys that wanted nothing more than to write about the sport they love whilst earning a bit of views money whilst trying to better themselves at Uni were getting abused for their articles, for being black, gay, or even just not from the British Isles. It actually really upset me, as I had one lad skype me from South Africa, whilst the riots were going on. I could hear it outside his house, his windows were boarded up, and he was in floods of tears about over 20 racist dms, all because he wrote an article critiquing a certain player. It then hit me just how much it can affect people. He was in a country in turmoil, riots less than a street away from his house and he couldn't get his head around the fact that people hated him for being from Africa and black. It absolutely crushed me.

I also have a black kid that plays for the kids team I coach, and hes our best player by a mile. Won 11-2 one week, promised him if he got a double hattrick this season I'd buy him a football. He scored 9, should have made his week, scored 9 out of 11 in a game and making his coach buy him a brand new ball(80 odd quid ball he wanted btw). Instead he came off in tears because he'd been getting vulgar comments made to him at the other side of the pitch from the other coaches and parents. He's 9. 9 years old, 7 aside and again, it really really upset me and since those incidents, I've tried to call out any discrimination I see. Hibs fans or others. I use to think it was enough to just not be a racisr, it isn't. To combat it, you need to be actively anti-racist. That doesn't mean going to every BLM rally, but as you said, try make BAME people feel welcome when they might not otherwise. Do little things to help people when they need it, and if you see something, say something.

Edit- as an example, one of the parents told the defender on his side after he snapped him, "sent him back to Africa pal". He's Scottish. Born and raised here to Scottish parents. That's the only example I can give without getting myself banned, but figured its stupid to say they were giving him a bit and not give an example. I won't even dare repeat some of the DMs my writer got, because I had no idea until I seen them there were people with that much hate inside them.

Brilliant and hugely depressing post. Thanks for sharing.

Chorley Hibee
14-12-2022, 08:15 AM

We'll say and do nothing though, which is why their "zero tolerance" line is a blatant lie.

Brightside
14-12-2022, 08:20 AM

Correct. But Scottish football doesn't care about that.

hibsforeurope
14-12-2022, 09:02 AM
There's no room for this behaviour in sport or any society glad the club are pushing this as much as they are.
it's very disappointing that it's come from the Hibs end (any end in truth), the play was over on the opposite side from the away end and tavares had just been involved in the play just infront of the UTD fans. From what i remember it was as clear a Dundonian accent as you would hear, that is the puzzling bit for me, not what was actually said, that was clear as day.

As has been said i hope this forensic audiology is in place for the Celtic game in a few weeks.

Aldo
14-12-2022, 09:32 AM
Correct. But Scottish football doesn't care about that.

Strict liability plays it’s part however it’s easy for Police Glasgow to pick on individuals outwith stadiums than it it to take the matter up with the clubs responsible.

Jones28
14-12-2022, 09:33 AM
Strict liability plays it’s part however it’s easy for Police Glasgow to pick on individuals outwith stadiums than it it to take the matter up with the clubs responsible.

Strictly speaking with our CCTV system we should be able to pick out individuals and refer their seats to the offending club.

CL0762
14-12-2022, 09:41 AM

I’m sure there was a black player who had come on for DU that night that was playing on their right hand side.

An astonishing coincidence that Jair just happened to be shown on camera that the time the comment was made.

Aldo
14-12-2022, 09:48 AM
Strictly speaking with our CCTV system we should be able to pick out individuals and refer their seats to the offending club.

Easily and rightly so. I think what I was trying to say ( not sure I explained it previous post) is that when 3500+ are signing it at ER the club responsible should be brought to task but nothing is done. The Police are silent by their absence and instead of coming out condoning it, they don’t do it’s carry on as normal.

Uefa called it, they got fined and part of their stadium was closed. Why are the authorities nit doing more.

As long as the clubs and Police say nothing they will continue with this type of sectarian bile!

Chorley Hibee
14-12-2022, 09:59 AM
Easily and rightly so. I think what I was trying to say ( not sure I explained it previous post) is that when 3500+ are signing it at ER the club responsible should be brought to task but nothing is done. The Police are silent by their absence and instead of coming out condoning it, they don’t do it’s carry on as normal.

Uefa called it, they got fined and part of their stadium was closed. Why are the authorities nit doing more.

As long as the clubs and Police say nothing they will continue with this type of sectarian bile!

Hibs can deal with it directly by cutting allocations continuously until it is addressed.

Don't bother telling me it will hurt us financially either, as the club has just told everyone they have a zero tolerance approach to this type of behaviour in ER.

Zero tolerance should mean zero tolerance, not a level of tolerance based upon it's financial effects on our balance sheet.

Aldo
14-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Hibs can deal with it directly by cutting allocations continuously until it is addressed.

Don't bother telling me it will hurt us financially either, as the club has just told everyone they have a zero tolerance approach to this type of behaviour in ER.

Zero tolerance should mean zero tolerance, not a level of tolerance based upon it's financial effects on our balance sheet.

Of course they can and FWIW I’m totally in agreement with you but we all know that won’t happen.

Words are cheap at times.

Stonewall
14-12-2022, 10:23 AM

We all know the answer to that but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep our own house in order.

DaveF
14-12-2022, 10:26 AM
We all know the answer to that but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t keep our own house in order.

Agree, but as pointed out above, when the club say zero tolerance, they don't really mean it do they? I find the pursuit of this and the ignorance of sectarian abuse a tad conflicting.

Chorley Hibee
14-12-2022, 10:30 AM

We're not keeping our house in order though, we're continually allowing certain racists and bigots entry to it - without so much as a word or action to prevent it happening again either.

Time for Hibs to deal with it, and in doing so make it a talking point nationwide.

No point us continually hiding behind the lame excuse that it's a job for somebody else.

Stubbsy90+2
14-12-2022, 10:32 AM

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2022, 11:10 AM

:top marks

Brightside
14-12-2022, 11:24 AM

Nobody in Scottish football has any interest in even commenting on it never mind doing anything.

Fuzzywuzzy
14-12-2022, 12:04 PM
It's a sad indictment of society. I thought we'd moved and forward but speaking to my wife this week about incidents that service users have told her about and you wonder what the actual **** has happened.

Aldo
14-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Nobody in Scottish football has any interest in even commenting on it never mind doing anything.

Indeed they don’t!

ronaldo7
14-12-2022, 12:19 PM

I sit further away from the Rantic fans than the current board do and can clearly hear the bigotry spouted. They don't want to hear when it comes to sectarianism.

We as a club should be championing the cause of anti bigotry by slashing the tickets sold to both clubs if it continues. If other clubs see us taking a stand then hopefully more will follow.

Over to you Hibs.