PDA

View Full Version : Stay til the End!

keep the faith
09-10-2022, 04:32 PM
That's all. Give the guys a send off!! Do we really all NEED to leave with 5 to go??

Not like we were already a few goals up, or alternatively playing badly.

Done to death on here but I just don't understand it.

Glory Lurker
09-10-2022, 04:34 PM
No again! :-)

Diclonius
09-10-2022, 04:35 PM
We time our exit from the top of the East so the whistle goes as we're about to reach the tunnel because otherwise we're waiting about 15 minutes for everyone below us to slowly leave.

SaulGoodman
09-10-2022, 04:36 PM
I usually leave with a minute to go, means I’m just walking away from the stadium at full time but the difference that minute makes is huge.

I stayed until the end yesterday and it added about half an hour/40 mins onto my journey home.

Each to their own, I don’t see a problem with it myself.

Trinity Hibee
09-10-2022, 04:38 PM
Used to drive me up the wall the amount of time it used to take to get out from the east stand. I’ve moved seat further down now but was often tempted to leave early to avoid standing about for 5-10 mins before being able to get down the stairs.

The worst of it is those who leave their seat and stand on the stairs stopping other folk from watching the game.

Bridge hibs
09-10-2022, 04:39 PM
Im a 4 minute 55 seconds man myself, **** all you 5 second hanger onners 🤬

Hibs4185
09-10-2022, 04:54 PM
That's all. Give the guys a send off!! Do we really all NEED to leave with 5 to go??

Yes is the answer on this occasion. Train strikes meant a lot of fans, myself included, had to leave at 83 minutes to catch the last train home

basehibby
09-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Personally I almost always stay until the end. But then again I don't have to travel anywhere afterwards - barring one of a selection of Leith boozers. I appreciate that's not the case for everyone but nevertheless am left scratching my head at some who will make for the exit with the game in the balance - potentially missing dramatic finales like those witnessed recently v Hearts and Rangers. Weird!

Shrekko
09-10-2022, 05:44 PM
People have their reasons and are perfectly entitled to leave early but it’s baffling looking across every week at the East half empty after 87/88 mins whether we’re winning or losing. Game was on a knife edge yesterday and ideally you’d want the full crowd (or most) roaring the team on.

You get jumped on here for saying it but I don’t see this at many other grounds.

And it’s every week regardless of train strikes.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-10-2022, 05:54 PM
I make my way down from the top of the east and take another seat near the bottom around the 86th minute so I can scoot off at the final whistle

Easter road is a nightmare to get to these days and it’s getting worse. My only realistic option is along the bypass and if you’re not on your toes you can get caught up in some heavy traffic.

Orchard_Hibs
09-10-2022, 05:57 PM
The alternative argument could be why do folk take so long to walk down the stairs and exit the ground, it’s a simple task.

Alfred E Newman
09-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Why do folk not pile out the cinema or the theatre 5 mins before the end to beat the traffic?

bod
09-10-2022, 06:07 PM
So they’re not classed as leaving early

Wilson
09-10-2022, 06:14 PM
Why do folk not pile out the cinema or the theatre 5 mins before the end to beat the traffic?

I usually leave as soon as the credits start rolling. I've probably missed many post credit scenes. Nobody cares.

Stuff them anyway. No chance I'm staying back to applaud the dolly grip!

JohnM1875
09-10-2022, 06:14 PM

There 16,000 folk at the cinemas you go to? 😂

Since90+2
09-10-2022, 06:15 PM

Some folk probably would if the theatre or cinema had 15,000 people in attendance as opposed to a few hundred.

JohnM1875
09-10-2022, 06:21 PM

There 16,000 folk at the cinemas you go to? 😂

Mcbizz1998
09-10-2022, 06:24 PM
I left early because I was going to Oktoberfest in Princes Street gardens.

I did feel ashamed on my way out.

Irish_Steve
09-10-2022, 06:29 PM
I left early just to annoy the OP

Broken Gnome
09-10-2022, 06:34 PM
I'm overthinking it and giving too much credit to players and how much they care about these things, but do always think it looks a bit.. ungrateful, maybe?

Folk pay their money and can say what they want during 90 minutes, to near coin a phrase - the team do their bit and over 50 per cent of the ground show aren't around to thank them.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2022, 06:40 PM
I always stay until the end but then I'm in the FF Upper and it takes about 2 minutes to get into the concourse then another 3 or 4 minutes to get down the stairs.

Every time I have sat in the East I've been near the back and getting out of a 1 tier stand is a nightmare. Takes an age. If I sat in there every week then I'd probably be edging towards the door after 87 minutes along with everyone else.

Trinity Hibee
09-10-2022, 06:56 PM
I always stay until the end but then I'm in the FF Upper and it takes about 2 minutes to get into the concourse then another 3 or 4 minutes to get down the stairs.

Every time I have sat in the East I've been near the back and getting out of a 1 tier stand is a nightmare. Takes an age. If I sat in there every week then I'd probably be edging towards the door after 87 minutes along with everyone else.

They really should have had the exits in the east about 10 rows or so further up so it’s helps folk get out. There’s only 4 rows infront of the exits for a stand that must hold about 6k or so. Might not have been possible as they’d have to have built stairs in the concourse or something

Since452
09-10-2022, 06:59 PM
Some folk don't bide in Edinburgh. Absolutely brutal getting away from the stadium if you're parked nearby. I'm always away 5/10 minutes early if I'm not getting the train.

A Hi-Bee
09-10-2022, 07:16 PM

Keep the gates locked till the ref blows his whistle.
Daft really, just as well we live in a kind of democracy, and get choices.

Iain G
09-10-2022, 07:19 PM
It's the folks who get up to leave and shuffle along the row, looking back towards the pitch as something happens and get in the way of folks. Either commit to leave and get the **** out as quick as possible or stay and watch the game til the end and stop getting in the way.

speedy_gonzales
09-10-2022, 07:39 PM
The worst of it is those who leave their seat and stand on the stairs stopping other folk from watching the game.

I can't get excited for folk that want to leave before the whistle, but it definitely grinds my gears when they congregate around the tunnels in the East and/or stand on the stairs. There are folk who genuinely need to leave early but can't as the exit is blocked. Then, on some occasions there's a bit of action at the other end of the pitch and we can't see any without standing up and frustrating those other fans behind us.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), my dad who I go with is well on his way with dementia, his social filters are virtually non-existent. He gets proper frustrated with those that obstruct his view and will shout obscenities at them to get them moving. Last season he dropped the c-bomb on a younger (than me) guy who was pretty well built, the guy turned around, seen my dad was nearly 80 then turned to me like he was wanting a square go. My dad, and perhaps not his finest moment, challenged the guy again asking him if he was staying to "sit the F down otherwise F the F off" 🤣 I was poorless!

Hibbyradge
09-10-2022, 07:39 PM

Leaving early is one of the few pleasures I have left in life.

matty_f
09-10-2022, 07:43 PM
I stay until the end, I'm right at the back of the West Upper so over just resigned myself to it t taking ages to get out.

Eyrie
09-10-2022, 07:47 PM
They really should have had the exits in the east about 10 rows or so further up so it’s helps folk get out. There’s only 4 rows infront of the exits for a stand that must hold about 6k or so. Might not have been possible as they’d have to have built stairs in the concourse or something

Said it before and I'll say it again.

It must be possible to build an exit at the top of each stairway leading to external stairs down the back of the East.

Glory Lurker
09-10-2022, 07:56 PM
I only leave early if we're getting stuffed. Despite how much we all moan about the team it says something that in all my years I've not left early that many times.

I just accept that folk who do go off early will have their reasons and I'm sure they curse them when we do something dramatic late on.

Fratelli
09-10-2022, 08:01 PM
Like many, I time my exit from 2/3 up the East with 2 minutes to go but the design of the aisles are all wrong and just too narrow.

Remove at least another 1 column of seats from the top 1/3 and then and an additional 1 or 2 to create a funnel as you walk down to the exit…problem solved.

Bridge hibs
09-10-2022, 08:07 PM

It must be possible to build an exit at the top of each stairway leading to external stairs down the back of the East.

Should stick a couple of helter skelters and Firemens poles at the back of the stands, quick and fun at the same time

Eyrie
09-10-2022, 08:22 PM
Should stick a couple of helter skelters and Firemens poles at the back of the stands, quick and fun at the same time

I'd move to the East if that happened :greengrin

Bridge hibs
09-10-2022, 08:27 PM
I'd move to the East if that happened :greengrin£1 a pop, come on Ron 🤣

HibeeMackenzie
09-10-2022, 08:28 PM
They don’t “edge” to the exit in the east. They stand on the aisles for the last 5/10 minutes and if the balls up the opposite end from where you sit you can’t see the game from your seat

Iain G
09-10-2022, 08:30 PM

Some kind of giant trampoline that bounces those trying to leave early back up to the top of the stand so they have to watch the full game 🤣

Bridge hibs
09-10-2022, 08:32 PM
Some kind of giant trampoline that bounces those trying to leave early back up to the top of the stand so they have to watch the full game 🤣🤣

BlackSheep
09-10-2022, 08:41 PM

Don’t know what the planning dept would allow at the back of the east, but I’ve been crying out for this for years as well. I stay to bitter end and it’s incredibly frustrating waiting for 15/20 mins to get down from the back of the east while the rest of the stadium is empty.

Surely the speed at which we can all safely leave is a fire hazard. Also with the concession stands located at the bottom of the east, if one were to create a fire hazard it would make for a bit of an unsafe exit to those directly above them.

Exterior stairwells need to be considered… maybe put it to RG as a benefit to the match day experience, encouraging more fans to stay to the end!

Hibbyradge
09-10-2022, 08:49 PM
Exterior stairwells need to be considered… maybe put it to RG as a benefit to the match day experience, encouraging more fans to stay to the end!

I know you mean it positively, but imagine if our famous neighbours built external staircases to help their fans leave quicker. We'd rip them for years! 😂😂😂

BlackSheep
09-10-2022, 08:52 PM
I know you mean it positively, but imagine if our famous neighbours built external staircases to help their fans leave quicker. We'd rip them for years! 😂😂😂

Lol, I know, I know but should an incident occur where folk are injured as a result of the slow pace we can leave then in all seriousness it needs raised.

SlickShoes
09-10-2022, 08:55 PM
I've paid for a ticket before and not even turned up, is that better or worse than leaving early?

Hibbyradge
09-10-2022, 08:58 PM
Lol, I know, I know but should an incident occur where folk are injured as a result of the slow pace we can leave then in all seriousness it needs raised.

I did realise your intention but it was funny.

I can't think of an incident that would require a rapid evac, but if one occurred, they'd take the fence down quickly and let folk into the pitch. I'd hope.

Hibbyradge
09-10-2022, 08:59 PM
I've paid for a ticket before and not even turned up, is that better or worse than leaving early?

Awesome.

You're like a god to me. :not worth

GreenCastle
09-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Don’t know what the planning dept would allow at the back of the east, but I’ve been crying out for this for years as well. I stay to bitter end and it’s incredibly frustrating waiting for 15/20 mins to get down from the back of the east while the rest of the stadium is empty.

Surely the speed at which we can all safely leave is a fire hazard. Also with the concession stands located at the bottom of the east, if one were to create a fire hazard it would make for a bit of an unsafe exit to those directly above them.

Think a cheaper and easier way would be to remove seats above the exits so fans to exit either side. Just now it’s just one set of stairs and some stairs about 5 rows up.

At the same time wouldn’t want to lose seats for capacity. But having sat far back in the East it’s painfully slow to get out after.

darwenhibby
09-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Why don’t we just go back to being pish and nobody goes to the game.
It will be a lot easier to get out the East then.
The fans were consulted on the design of the stand and it was agreed it should avoid the stadium looking monolithic.
Normally I’d get the train up but yesterday had to drive
Parked at Marionville Drive and it took 1 hour 20 minutes going over the Wisp to get to Hillend A702
If it means 16k are going to ER in for it rather than 10k I will live it!!
Next challenge get Hibs fans filling the South

Iain G
09-10-2022, 09:36 PM

Better! Unless you leave early from what you are doing instead of taking your seat?

I mean you wouldn't leave the barber or surgery early would you!

Mon Dieu4
09-10-2022, 09:39 PM
I don't mind people leaving early that's up to them and none of my business, but if you are leaving then actually leave instead of standing on the stairs and concourses blocking everyone else's view

Brooster
10-10-2022, 07:44 AM
I don't mind people leaving early that's up to them and none of my business, but if you are leaving then actually leave instead of standing on the stairs and concourses blocking everyone else's view

Spot on, they just get in the way and are probably leaving early for no apparent reason. The stewards should move them on.

LEaston87
10-10-2022, 07:49 AM
I moved seats this season as I was in row z in the East and you would be waiting over 10 minutes to get down the stairs as the folk in front of you let everyone shuffle out their rows infront of them. I got a seat right behind the exit door now which is barry but im on the aisle and when folk are piled up at the bottom of the stairs to watch the last 5 minutes i cant see one side of the pitch. Sick of having to yell at them to keep moving. If you want to leave early then leave, dont linger about til the whistle unless you stay in your seat.

matty_f
10-10-2022, 07:54 AM

If there was a fire or emergency folk would be directed out the front of the stand and out rather than just through the exits.

BlackSheep
10-10-2022, 09:15 AM
If there was a fire or emergency folk would be directed out the front of the stand and out rather than just through the exits.

And it would still take forever to get folk down from the back of the stand.

While I see the sense in your solution, it doesn’t really work.

dangermouse
10-10-2022, 09:34 AM
We time our exit from the top of the East so the whistle goes as we're about to reach the tunnel because otherwise we're waiting about 15 minutes for everyone below us to slowly leave.

I usually leave with a minute to go, means I’m just walking away from the stadium at full time but the difference that minute makes is huge.

I stayed until the end yesterday and it added about half an hour/40 mins onto my journey home.

Each to their own, I don’t see a problem with it myself.

Used to drive me up the wall the amount of time it used to take to get out from the east stand. I’ve moved seat further down now but was often tempted to leave early to avoid standing about for 5-10 mins before being able to get down the stairs.

I always said the East should have been a two-tier stand for two reasons. One, to avoid the issues of taking ages to get out and so the lower tier could be used as safe standing :greengrin

hibee-boys
10-10-2022, 09:41 AM
It’s very rare that I leave early, if we were getting hammered I probably would irrespective if the game was at ER or not. The goals against Hearts, Rangers and St Johnstone this year are the reason I’ll never leave late if the game is still in the balance. What a buzz being there for those goals.

cullen
10-10-2022, 10:08 AM
Do you really want a potential Ibrox Disaster? Personally. I would rather miss
the bus and still be able to attend the next match.

Scouse Hibee
10-10-2022, 12:01 PM
I sit at the end of a row in the West not that far from the exit stairwell, when the final whistle goes I’m out of my seat like a rocket and down those stairs before the rush 😀

Norrieg
10-10-2022, 12:26 PM

We don't all stay in Edinburgh. Some of us have a train to catch. If i had missed my train home then I would have been stuck in Edinburgh due to the strike. That OK with you ?????

sadtom
10-10-2022, 12:42 PM

Exactly.
Never understood fans leaving early especially when the game is in the balance.
However, I’m nobody’s keeper and they can do whatever they want but it royally pisses me off every time, when people stop and start watching the game blocking mine and others (who aren’t leaving and trying to watch the game) view.
If you want to leave…then F***ING LEAVE!

Keith_M
10-10-2022, 01:00 PM
It takes me over two hours to get home after a match so I'm not really all that fussed about when I leave.

There's usually very little chance of me catching the 5:15 from Waverley to Glasgow, and there's no longer a 5:30, so I just saunter up and get the 5:45.

I realise it's a much worse scenario for car drivers though, especially just now with all the road works on and around Leith Walk.

OstKurve Hibs
10-10-2022, 01:09 PM
Traffic is getting worse, our trip used t take an hour 20 mins, some Saturdays it's now close t 2 hours each way.
45/50 mins from er to the sheriff hall roundabout at times.
Most weeks we stay till the final whistle , only really leave early if gettin pumped or have to get home a bit earlier for something.

Iain G
10-10-2022, 01:46 PM
I must admit to finding a little strange that the priority is to beat the traffic rather than watch the game? 🤷

G15 Hibs
10-10-2022, 02:31 PM
It takes me over two hours to get home after a match so I'm not really all that fussed about when I leave.

There's usually very little chance of me catching the 5:15 from Waverley to Glasgow, and there's no longer a 5:30, so I just saunter up and get the 5:45.

I realise it's a much worse scenario for car drivers though, especially just now with all the road works on and around Leith Walk.

Really felt it on Saturday when the last train to Queen Street was at 5:30. Got so used to the casual stroll up for the 5:45, it was a struggle puffing my way up past the Playhouse crowds.

As for leaving early, each to their own and all that. I don't feel the urgency to get out before everyone else, especially if the game hasn't been decided yet. My real peeve about it is that I sit on the end of a row in the east and have to do that half sit/half stand thing to see past the hoards making their way down the stairs if I want to see anything towards the Dunbar end in the last 5 minutes. Pretty annoying.

erin go bragh
10-10-2022, 05:47 PM
I move from the back row of the East to a vacant seat near the bottom as it takes ages if you leave after the final whistle.