Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

ManchesterGreen
09-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Would probably make a couple changes.

Marshall

Cadden Porteous Hanlon Cabraja

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

Macgennis wont be far away but McKirdy is miles away from starting. Plays for 20/30 mins and his face turns beetroot at the minute. A good while before we see him starting.

LeithMike
09-10-2022, 11:08 AM

Marshall

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

Think that’s what I’d go with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
09-10-2022, 11:09 AM

Marshall

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

Dropping Newell would be madness imo, been brilliant lately.

I’d agree with McKirdy to a certain degree but he’s also not done much off the bench to prove he deserves a start. Whilst frustrating I thought yesterday was Youan’s best game in a while (first half)

JohnM1875
09-10-2022, 11:10 AM

Marshall

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

Would like to see Magennis start if he's up to it, give him an hour or so. No idea who would drop out the team for him. Campbell has had a great season and Newell is playing well and contributing.

Youn can't buy a goal just now but he looks much better than McKirdy. I'm sure McKirdy will get up to speed soon though.

That being said I'm sure it'll be the same XI

Donegal Hibby
09-10-2022, 11:19 AM
Same team again for me . Nobody warrants getting dropped .Subs that came on didn't do enough to take anyone's place either .And the thought of starting with Mckirdy will do my nerves watching it no good at all. He could easily have received a 2nd yellow yesterday imo .

worcesterhibby
09-10-2022, 11:23 AM
Same team. I think its probably been very good for McKirdy that he's come up here and struggled to get in the team, he'll realise now that the SPFL is a step up and that he's going to have to work his nuts off to succeed. I was a little concerned he would be a Billy big bass.. but he hasn't had the opportunity because we're winning.

HendoDelivered
09-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Same team

Skol
09-10-2022, 11:31 AM
It would be mad to change the team now. Magennis needs time to ease back in and it’s better done with 25 mins at the end of the game.

Mckirdy is yet top prove himself and again deserves time offf the bench to do so.

I thought the subs going offf were odd. Newell had to drop deep and wasn’t as effective as he had been while kukharevich seemed to go wide. Campbell or newell and kukharevich were the obvious changes.

B.H.F.C
09-10-2022, 11:33 AM
We need more threat in the final third from our attacking players. Two weeks on the trot where Youan has been hooked early pretty early in the second half. He got in to some decent positions yesterday but lacked any conviction and I thought he really lacked any confidence. That is the position that is up for grabs IMO but I didn’t think McKirdy did much when he came on either.

Other than that, team pretty much picks itself IMO.

McGruber
09-10-2022, 11:40 AM
Hard to change a winning team however we have a big squad and might get more from fresh legs for this midweek - even if we make subs earlier. Hard to drop anyone just now but great to have options.

Magennis in his own words isn't ready to start so that hits that on the head. Maybe a good half hour though. McKirdy also looks short of a start.

Same team probably but earlier changes be my bet

Del Boy
09-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Same team. United play 3-5-2 and push their wing backs right up when attacking but they don’t have much quality IMO. Fletcher is injured at the moment and Watt has been poor according to Utd fans (albeit I see he scored yesterday).

yerauldda
09-10-2022, 12:49 PM
Yep, same XI for me. We looked a bit ragged after we made the changes yesterday, Kenneh & Kuharevich are pivotal to the way we play.

Also madness to suggest dropping Newell, between him, Marshall and Porteous for our best player this season.

CmoantheHibs
09-10-2022, 01:47 PM
I don’t see the starting 11 being changed unless someone is injured or fatigued and can’t see why LJ would think differently.

makaveli1875
09-10-2022, 01:50 PM
Same team

This

Shrekko
09-10-2022, 01:52 PM

Marshall

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

I'll not get involved in yet another Newell debate but would love to know what you've seen at this point to suggest McKirdy is anywhere remotely close to deserving a starting place.

basehibby
09-10-2022, 02:00 PM
No changes for this one having won 4 on the bounce.

JammyDoidger
09-10-2022, 04:59 PM
Possibly Stevenson in for cabraja, definitely Mckirdy in for Youan.

09-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Why fix what isn't broke? Same team for me. Consistency is key

007 Mickey Weir
09-10-2022, 11:43 PM
Same team if possible.

Forza Fred
10-10-2022, 02:34 AM
Same team

It’s called the ‘Mortein Theory’

Since452
10-10-2022, 05:27 AM
I'd normally question changing a team that's won four on the bounce however we might need to freshen it up a bit. That's why we have a big squad. Important we get something tomorrow with Celtic at the weekend.

JimBHibees
10-10-2022, 05:44 AM
No changes for this one having won 4 on the bounce.

Agree wouldn't change anything McKirdy imo hasn't done enough to get a start.

DaveF
10-10-2022, 08:09 AM
It should be the same starting 11 again but Cabraja got a bit of a hard time on Saturday so if there is any change it will likely be on the left hand side.

Green Reaper
10-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Start with the same team but make earlier subs, if appropriate

Donegal Hibby
10-10-2022, 07:22 PM
Bushiri and Mitchell could be back in contention for game .Dundee Utd have doubts over Fletcher and Mulgrew .I hope it's 4 btw .Read that Hibs have won there past 3 away games against Utd and they have only won 2 of the last 11.

wookie70
10-10-2022, 07:48 PM
Same team. I thought Cabraja was poor on Saturday and Youan not great but we won the game and never improved when teh subs came on. Part of our success is down to having the stability of selection and we should keep that going imo

Squealing pig
10-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Same team best form in the league

GRA
10-10-2022, 07:58 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Enough quality on the bench to influence the game if things aren't going our way after an hour.

ano hibby
10-10-2022, 08:54 PM
My son is at uni in Dundee & has been helping local Foodbank’s with collections. He’s asked me to highlight this:

For anyone going up to Dundee tomorrow and able to contribute, there is a Foodbank collection organised by ‘Fans Supporting Foodbanks Dundee’ before the game.
I’m sure any contribution from Hibs fans would be much appreciated.

Sandeman St Shed entrance between 630-745. Non perishable foods & toiletries required. Cash donations can’t be taken.

Waxy
11-10-2022, 11:01 AM
Oppertunity to go five points clear in third.
Wouldn’t alter much we are solid.

Tambo
11-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Same team again for me and would be great for another good performance on the pitch but would take a scrappy 0-1.

Another 3 points would be massive going into Saturday.

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2022, 11:10 AM
Bushiri and Mitchell could be back in contention for game .Dundee Utd have doubts over Fletcher and Mulgrew .I hope it's 4 btw .Read that Hibs have won there past 3 away games against Utd and they have only won 2 of the last 11.

Think we've won 5 of the last 6 there, other being a draw in the sc.

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 12:32 PM
Think we've won 5 of the last 6 there, other being a draw in the sc.
Pretty good record against them ,Hope we can keep it going tonight . Looking in there forum I see there thread on the game is titled 'Utd v Wee Hibs now I think they were called Dundee hibs away back but surely they don't actually believe they are bigger than us?

chrisski33
11-10-2022, 12:43 PM
id keep same team as sat. think utd will be a tricky fixture tonight

Hibee Daft
11-10-2022, 12:46 PM
Pretty good record against them ,Hope we can keep it going tonight . Looking in there forum I see there thread on the game is titled 'Utd v Wee Hibs now I think they were called Dundee hibs away back but surely they don't actually believe they are bigger than us?

A quick check shows they last one the Scottish cup back in 2010 (fair enough)

But league cup they havent won since 1980 apparently... thats almost as bad as Hearts! Well not quite but that would take some doing.

Hibs4185
11-10-2022, 12:55 PM
If we win tonight after then thrashing Aberdeen then I will be really excited for what could be achieved this season.

McGruber
11-10-2022, 01:05 PM
id keep same team as sat. think utd will be a tricky fixture tonight

Very tricky. Delighted to get the win but would take a point aswell as a good result.

I think we would have won this fixture if it was played on the original date, amidst their 7-0, 9-0 run but getting them now in better form. Them being bottom of the league means nothing, they have decent players

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 01:17 PM
Very tricky. Delighted to get the win but would take a point aswell as a good result.

I think we would have won this fixture if it was played on the original date, amidst their 7-0, 9-0 run but getting them now in better form. Them being bottom of the league means nothing, they have decent players
Will be hard game no doubt about it and a point wouldn't be a disaster either though I think we might just nick a win tonight .

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2022, 01:21 PM

Its means quite a bit, they've been the worst team so far, and have conceded 22 goals already. Hibs should be winning.

basehibby
11-10-2022, 01:23 PM
Pleasing how unanimous the backing is for the team at the mo. Even those suggesting a change in lineup are only looking at one or two changes. I would be comfortable leaving the side unchanged assuming no bumps or strains from Sat.

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 01:25 PM
Its means quite a bit, they've been the worst team so far, and have conceded 22 goals already. Hibs should be winning.
I'm sure Aberdeen fans thought this too.

B.H.F.C
11-10-2022, 01:25 PM
Got a feeling tonight will be a hard game. But we really need to be looking to win. Get the points on the board and you start to open up a bit of a gap on those below us. Win would be big for us.

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2022, 01:27 PM
I'm sure Aberdeen fans thought this too.

United might have a few decent players, but we've got better. If we turn up and play our best, we'll win. 1 freak result against Aberdeen shouldn't change that.

WeeRussell
11-10-2022, 01:35 PM
United might have a few decent players, but we've got better. If we turn up and play our best, we'll win. 1 freak result against Aberdeen shouldn't change that.

Yep - no complacency but right favourites. As much as parts of Saturday may have been frustrating, a similar application and performance can see us do the job again.

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 01:43 PM
We have better players I agree with you and I do think we will win but we are away and they are after having a moral boasting result .Also they are in a fight for survival which means they will be fighting tooth and nail tonight .Just don't think it's going be a teddy's boy picnic either though

Hibbyradge
11-10-2022, 01:52 PM
Same team

It’s called the ‘Mortein Theory’

That needs some explanation, Forza.

Please...

Hibbyradge
11-10-2022, 01:56 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

We'd still be using the abacus if that axiom was accurate.

Same team for me, though! :greengrin

Torto7
11-10-2022, 02:06 PM
I'd take a bit of a risk tonight and rest Myk, Campbell and Youan, maybe one of the fullbacks as well if they look a bit tired in training. We've played high tempo football the last few weeks and I thought some of the players looked leggy against Well/We've got a big squad and I'd use it.

Marshall
Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja
Kenneh
Newell
Magennis
Boyle
Melkerson
Mckirdy.

Onceinawhile
11-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Going to be a tough ask. When was the last time we won 5 in a row?

Wouldn't change the line up, as I don't think anyone who has come on from the bench in the last few games has done enough to merit a start.

I would however perhaps think about bringing on players a bit earlier. Only problem is we don't really have much of a like for like replacement for the big chap up front and I feel like we miss his presence both in an attacking sense and when defending set pieces.

Since452
11-10-2022, 02:41 PM

I'm with you. We should be collectively disappointed with a draw. Happy with a point against bottom of the league? Nah. We're third and have won four on the bounce. Lets push on.

HH81
11-10-2022, 02:41 PM
I'd take a bit of a risk tonight and rest Myk, Campbell and Youan, maybe one of the fullbacks as well if they look a bit tired in training. We've played high tempo football the last few weeks and I thought some of the players looked leggy against Well/We've got a big squad and I'd use it.

Marshall
Cadden
Porteous
Hanlon
Cabraja
Kenneh
Newell
Magennis
Boyle
Melkerson
Mckirdy.

No way be mad to change a winning team unless enforced.

McGruber
11-10-2022, 02:43 PM

We are capable of winning no doubt and will be looking to win, just anticipating a hard game and if that pans out be happy with a point.

'League table doesn't lie'
'Only as good as your last game'

See how it goes - Aberdeen result might be a fluke or they might be turning a corner in their season.

3 points tonight making it 5 wins on the bounce would be tremendous - especially with Celtic away looming and take some of the pressure off that

HibsTYT
11-10-2022, 02:44 PM
I'd be swapping McKirdy in for Youan personally

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2022, 02:47 PM
We have better players I agree with you and I do think we will win but we are away and they are after having a moral boasting result .Also they are in a fight for survival which means they will be fighting tooth and nail tonight .Just don't think it's going be a teddy's boy picnic either though

Because they're bottom they'll be fighting harder? Really doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Hibs are fighting for 3rd and European groups, so they'll also be fighting tooth and nail surely?

Since452
11-10-2022, 02:48 PM

For me Youan is a fair bit ahead of McKirdy. Two very different players though. The pace of Youan and Boyle is a major asset and could be key away from home. If i was the manager i'd be tempted to start Magennis just to freshen it up a little bit. Don't think any of them deserve to be dropped but we have big squad for a reason.

supermcginn
11-10-2022, 02:56 PM

100 percent, Youan has done fine but McKirdy will be the better signing in the long term and has goals in him.

Hibernian Verse
11-10-2022, 03:02 PM
100 percent, Youan has done fine but McKirdy will be the better signing in the long term and has goals in him.

Respectfully disagree. Youan has all the physical attributes to make it a lot higher than Hibs.

Greenio
11-10-2022, 03:05 PM
Don't think LJ likes changing unless he has to.

Fixtures haven't come too thick yet, so don't see any reason why players should be rested. M

I'll take a red card and a 1-0 winner in 94th min if I have to

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2022, 03:14 PM
Respectfully disagree. Youan has all the physical attributes to make it a lot higher than Hibs.

But he needs to start taking his chances.

Onceinawhile
11-10-2022, 03:20 PM

I'm not particularly a fan of Youan, but McKirdy has shown 0 in his last two sub appearances to suggest he deserves a start.

Think it took him 30 minutes to even touch the ball in Dingwall!

Since452
11-10-2022, 03:22 PM
But he needs to start taking his chances.

The pace of Youan takes some of the attention off Boyle. Really important player IMO. Hopefully once he gets his first goal he'll settle down a bit.

JimBHibees
11-10-2022, 03:32 PM
The pace of Youan takes some of the attention off Boyle. Really important player IMO. Hopefully once he gets his first goal he'll settle down a bit.

Certainly appears a bit of a confidence player however could help himself by reacting quicker to when we have the ball and probably when we dont seems frequently second to the ball and not great at closing down. Alot of potential however could up his game a little imo. Would still start him due to his pace on the break

huggie1875
11-10-2022, 03:32 PM

Marshall

Campbell Kenneh Magennis

Boyle Kuharevich McKirdy

Why would anyone swap a fit in form Newall for a still getting fit Magennis when we are on such a good run fair enough if he’s injured madness if he’s not

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 03:37 PM
Because they're bottom they'll be fighting harder? Really doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Hibs are fighting for 3rd and European groups, so they'll also be fighting tooth and nail surely?
Didn't say fighting harder but teams in there position are really desperate to drag themselves out of the situations there in and can be a lot worse to play than a team comfortable in mid table .Everyone expects us to win cause they are bottom but in truth it's not as easy a game as some might think .I think we will win it but its going to be tough .

CB Hibs 68
11-10-2022, 03:56 PM
Didn't say fighting harder but teams in there position are really desperate to drag themselves out of the situations there in and can be a lot worse to play than a team comfortable in mid table .Everyone expects us to win cause they are bottom but in truth it's not as easy a game as some might think .I think we will win it but its going to be tough .

Don’t know if everyone expects us to win.Certainly should approach the match feeling confident but Utd have just whacked Aberdeen so they will be confident as well.League positions aren’t really relevant but if Hibs play as they have been recently it should be good enough for us to pick up the points.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-10-2022, 04:16 PM
Dundee Utd need the 3 points more than we do so I expect us to pick their pockets on the counter. 0-3 Hibs.

Hibiza
11-10-2022, 04:56 PM
Youan is class.

hibsbollah
11-10-2022, 05:08 PM
I want the 3 points but almost as much really want one of Kukharevych or Youan to get off the mark. Both look good, both have contributed, but i just have a feeling a goal could give them a confidence boost and with a striker scoring goals regularly this team could be really special.