PDA

View Full Version : Drey Wright

expresso
09-10-2022, 07:29 AM
Just saw his ‘contribution’ to Celtic’s later winner yesterday.
Hit on leg with the ball started limping, stopped tracking back and lay down presumably to waste time.
😂

Dmas
09-10-2022, 07:30 AM
Hit on leg with the ball started limping, stopped tracking back and lay down presumably to waste time.
😂

Looked like he took cramp

Bridge hibs
09-10-2022, 07:37 AM

Yep, certainly wasnt the worst player in that St Johnstone team, stifled a lot of celtics attacks down the right in the first half, Murphy on the other hand though 🫣

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2022, 07:40 AM

Discussed at length on soccersound. Bonner said that the cramp was brought on by him having sprinted 70m to join in the celebrations after Saints scored

Leighonel
09-10-2022, 08:12 AM
😂

Seems strange to me that anybody would feel the need to start a thread about this...and seemingly taking some delight at his expense.

Drey wasn't at the level we required but don't forget that he always tried, was happy to play various positions, came on to his own fans booing him...and still made an effort. Towards the end of last season we looked a better team with him in the XI just for his energy and desire to run.

Irish_Steve
09-10-2022, 08:16 AM
Seems strange to me that anybody would feel the need to start a thread about this...and seemingly taking some delight at his expense.

Drey wasn't at the level we required but don't forget that he always tried, was happy to play various positions, came on to his own fans booing him...and still made an effort. Towards the end of last season we looked a better team with him in the XI just for his energy and desire to run.

Yeah, probably says more about the poster than Drey. You can clearly see that he is suffering from cramp and when cramp strikes, you are not going anywhere

Unseen work
09-10-2022, 08:29 AM
It really doesn’t look good.

Cramp or not he should still have had enough about him to get the ball out of play at least. It’s a couple of yards away from him at most.

It’s the last minute of the game against Celtic and yous have just equalised, should be chucking your body at it.

As much as I never rated him I never questioned his work rate or attitude, but it’s just not a good look for that goal.

Edit - Just read Davidson said it was a rolled ankle and not cramp.

BILLYHIBS
09-10-2022, 08:35 AM
Did not have a problem with Drey Wright made 50 appearances for us 27 from the bench scoring 2 goals one against The Rangers who hadn’t conceded in weeks IIRC

Got off to a poor start with us but came on to be a useful squad member for us and played his part in a third place finish

Always gave 100% but his best was not always good enough in some games

It was the right decision to let him go as I don’t think he ever settled but watched him yesterday and he did a decent job on Jota - who got hooked-while still trying to get forward at every opportunity

Missed his part in the winning goal as I was heading for the Holy Ground

Melker Hallberg is another enigma who can be decent when he is in the mood but we need our players to be in the mood every week

Edit :

Can remember one game Drey came on as a second half sub immediately had three really bad touches lucky not to get hooked

Mcbizz1998
09-10-2022, 08:58 AM
Get it up him, an awful player.

greenlad
09-10-2022, 09:31 AM
😂

Well at least you're not acting like you forgot about Drey.

brog
09-10-2022, 11:49 AM
It really doesn’t look good.

Cramp or not he should still have had enough about him to get the ball out of play at least. It’s a couple of yards away from him at most.

It’s the last minute of the game against Celtic and yous have just equalised, should be chucking your body at it.

As much as I never rated him I never questioned his work rate or attitude, but it’s just not a good look for that goal.

Edit - Just read Davidson said it was a rolled ankle and not cramp.

I was astonished at his behaviour but TBF I don't think he realised the ball was so close to him. All he had to do was fall over and that would have stopped the attack. I remember a similar incident when Scott Robertson, I think, took cramp against The Rs at ER and they scored. A very similar area of the park as well. It did seem strange DW hopping about after a ball struck his leg.

Helensburghhibs
09-10-2022, 12:20 PM
Discussed at length on soccersound. Bonner said that the cramp was brought on by him having sprinted 70m to join in the celebrations after Saints scored

Yeah they were making it up as usual, claiming players shouldnt celebrate, he twisted his ankle when he blocks the cross, confirmed by the manager

Stevie Reid
09-10-2022, 01:17 PM
I remember Alex Mathie and Alan Smith (Man Utd) getting really bad ankle injuries from blocking free kicks.

Smith’s was from blocking a Riise free kick tbf so miles away from what happened yesterday, but it’s all relative. It didn’t look great but he obviously took a sore one.

SChibs
09-10-2022, 01:25 PM

Weird post. Wasn't good enough for Hibs and that's about it. Why would you have such an ill feeling towards him?

Jones28
09-10-2022, 01:34 PM

Bizarre post.

Donegal Hibby
09-10-2022, 01:46 PM
Wasn't good enough for Hibs and I use to cringe when I seen him coming on but that been said the guy always tried and gave 100% for Hibs .No ill will to him from me at all .A ex Hibs player so wish the guy a speedy recovery .

basehibby
09-10-2022, 01:55 PM
😂
Pointless and sheighty thread. He was clearly injured.

marinello59
09-10-2022, 02:21 PM

Dearie me.

beensaidbefore
09-10-2022, 08:47 PM
😂

Looked more like ball hitting off his foot with a straight leg twisted the knee, to me anyway. Having done this myself I can confirm it is sore af and enough to make you hit the deck. Especially bad if it's an already weak joint andd a repeat of a previous injury.

beensaidbefore
09-10-2022, 08:48 PM

Dearie me.

beensaidbefore
09-10-2022, 08:52 PM
Well at least you're not acting like you forgot about Drey.

:greengrin

JimBHibees
09-10-2022, 09:01 PM

Pathetic

EdinMike
10-10-2022, 03:37 AM
😂

People who pronounce Espresso as “Expresso” I tend to ignore. And I don’t even drink coffee…

Bridge hibs
10-10-2022, 05:16 AM
People who pronounce Espresso as “Expresso” I tend to ignore. And I don’t even drink coffee…Or maybe not ..

Expresso is a little tool to edit texts and improve your writing style. It will teach you to express yourself through writing more efficiently and help make your texts more readable, precise, and engaging. Expresso does not save entered texts to protect privacy 🤣

Iain G
10-10-2022, 06:49 AM
People who pronounce Espresso as “Expresso” I tend to ignore. And I don’t even drink coffee…

Unless they are French 😁

Anyway, as Evan Dando said, it's a shame about Drey

Since452
10-10-2022, 07:12 AM
Cramp. He'll be gutted. Really unfortunate.

Tarrahib
10-10-2022, 07:12 AM
Bad taste.

loanheadhibby
10-10-2022, 09:15 PM

He always tried?
That was good of him.

cameronw-hfc
10-10-2022, 09:47 PM
He always tried?
That was good of him.

If I received the abuse Drey got, despite it being well-known id had a really tough personal year then I would probably pack it in, im sure most would. Drey wasn't great, but he tracked his runners, chased the ball into dead ends and corners and gave 150% everytime he played for us. He wanted to do well, and towards the end he was half decent last season, just a shame he never really got a run to show it. Despite all that, he was still one of the hardest working on the pitch. He wasn't our standard but wish him well, he done his best and it didn't work out.

EdinMike
10-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Or maybe not ..

Expresso is a little tool to edit texts and improve your writing style. It will teach you to express yourself through writing more efficiently and help make your texts more readable, precise, and engaging. Expresso does not save entered texts to protect privacy 🤣

Ok that one I smirked at 😂

Winston Ingram
11-10-2022, 07:23 AM

That's just weird

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 07:33 AM
That's just weird

[emoji23]

Seems to have really upset everyone on this thread. I’m sorry I said something mildly unkind about the wonderful Drey Wright.

bigwheel
11-10-2022, 07:43 AM
[emoji23]

Seems to have really upset everyone on this thread. I’m sorry I said something mildly unkind about the wonderful Drey Wright.

It was a horrible post ..but reflects on you tbh - not Wright

SChibs
11-10-2022, 08:14 AM
He always tried?
That was good of him.

What more do you expect of a player?

Since452
11-10-2022, 09:12 AM
Absolutley no issue with Drey Wright. The stick that he got was way OTT in my opinion. Actually thought he became one of our better players under Maloney before going off injured at Tynecastle. It was the correct decision to move him on though. A horrible era. Needed fresh blood in the door to change it.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 10:04 AM
It was a horrible post ..but reflects on you tbh - not Wright

Jeeez! Calm down ffs.

The amount of abuse that gets chucked around at ex-players who contributed a lot more to hibs than Drey Wright; and I get pilloried for making a throw away comment about a complete dud who now plays for St Johnstone.

He was an awful player for Hibs, but he apparently tried hard which was very good of him I suppose. He now plays for another team and I hope he fails as much with them as he did with us.

SChibs
11-10-2022, 10:14 AM
Jeeez! Calm down ffs.

The amount of abuse that gets chucked around at ex-players who contributed a lot more to hibs than Drey Wright; and I get pilloried for making a throw away comment about a complete dud who now plays for St Johnstone.

He was an awful player for Hibs, but he apparently tried hard which was very good of him I suppose. He now plays for another team and I hope he fails as much with them as he did with us.

Already asked another poster but what more do you expect from him other than trying his best. Its weird to have such ill feeling towards a player who tried but just wasn't good enough. It's not like he downed tools or forced a move away

Heisenberg
11-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Jeeez! Calm down ffs.

I’m unsure why you are getting such a tough time to be honest. Especially from some who have posted worse about current Hibs players.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 10:22 AM
Already asked another poster but what more do you expect from him other than trying his best. Its weird to have such ill feeling towards a player who tried but just wasn't good enough. It's not like he downed tools or forced a move away

I don’t have any ill feeling towards him. Just thought it was funny he and his diddy team made an arse of it. Not sure when we got so precious about a guy who did nothing for our club?

Diclonius
11-10-2022, 10:32 AM
I don’t have any ill feeling towards him. Just thought it was funny he and his diddy team made an arse of it. Not sure when we got so precious about a guy who did nothing for our club?

In his last appearance for us he scored the opener in an Edinburgh derby and may have been on the winning side if he hadn't unfortunately gone off injured.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 11:59 AM
In his last appearance for us he scored the opener in an Edinburgh derby and may have been on the winning side if he hadn't unfortunately gone off injured.

Cool.

Brian Kerr scored the winner in an Edinburgh derby and was hounded out, boo’d off by the end of his hibs career. Kenny Miller scored in the millennium derby and recently appeared on the “most disliked hibs player” thread on this very forum.

What is your point?

Since452
11-10-2022, 12:04 PM
Unfortunatley fror Drey he was part of one of the most unlikeable Hibs squads in memory with folk like Sylvester Jasper and James Scott. The thought of that Hibs team managed by Maloney makes me sick in my mouth.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 12:08 PM
Unfortunatley fror Drey he was part of one of the most unlikeable Hibs squads in memory with folk like Sylvester Jasper and James Scott. The thought of that Hibs team managed by Maloney makes me sick in my mouth.

How dare you speak about Sylvester and James like that! They tried very hard!!

Bizarre, weird, pathetic, horrible post. Dearie me (x2) [emoji6]

MWHIBBIES
11-10-2022, 12:28 PM
How dare you speak about Sylvester and James like that! They tried very hard!!

Bizarre, weird, pathetic, horrible post. Dearie me (x2) [emoji6]

Your post was kinda weird, though.

I think there is a lot to be said for Drey, continuing to work like **** on the park despite his family going through a terrible time. I certainly wouldn't have been able to focus on my job.

If you didn't like him as a player, thats absolutely fine. Really no need for the ''get it up him'' part, though.

Hiber-nation
11-10-2022, 12:29 PM
Cool.

Brian Kerr scored the winner in an Edinburgh derby and was hounded out, boo’d off by the end of his hibs career. Kenny Miller scored in the millennium derby and recently appeared on the “most disliked hibs player” thread on this very forum.

What is your point?

Nonsense. Kerr wasn't trying a leg in the Elfsborg game, Mixu hooked him after half an hour and he was punted not too long after.

Your post about Wright was just weird and to bring Kenny Miller into it is utterly bizarre.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 12:31 PM
Nonsense. Kerr wasn't trying a leg in the Elfsborg game, Mixu hooked him after half an hour and he was punted not too long after.

Your post about Wright was just weird and to bring Kenny Miller into it is utterly bizarre.

I was merely making the point that scoring in an Edinburgh derby doesn’t mean you have to like a player. Kerr and Miller are just examples of players who scored (and won unlike Wright) but many don’t have time for.

Not that bizarre, fairly simple.

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Your post was kinda weird, though.

I think there is a lot to be said for Drey, continuing to work like **** on the park despite his family going through a terrible time. I certainly wouldn't have been able to focus on my job.

If you didn't like him as a player, thats absolutely fine. Really no need for the ''get it up him'' part, though.

Sorry, but I don’t know what his family went through. I googled and presume you mean his twins being born premature which I was unaware of.

My comment was about a player I didn’t like at Hibs, who now plays for a club I don’t like (goes for all them tbh) and them throwing away a point. It’s really not that deep.

Donegal Hibby
11-10-2022, 12:57 PM
Sorry, but I don’t know what his family went through. I googled and presume you mean his twins being born premature which I was unaware of.

My comment was about a player I didn’t like at Hibs, who now plays for a club I don’t like (goes for all them tbh) and them throwing away a point. It’s really not that deep.
Drey wright was not up to Hibs class as a player and I dreaded seeing him come on for us though when he did there was never a lack of effort on his part even with his family problems .Think what got to a few folk was when posted about him getting injured you made the 'get it up him remark ' which was a bit harsh imo.Dont know why you dislike St Johnstone either btw as they wouldn't be anywhere near my pick of clubs to dislike even though they beat us in the cups which was more down to us not been good enough. As for drey wright like many other ex Hibs players I wish the guy well except when he's playing against us of course . :aok:

Spike Mandela
11-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Can’t beat a comedy cramp in a game. Remember Alex Miller taking cramp in a cup final against Aberdeen many moons ago. Comedy gold.:greengrin

Mcbizz1998
11-10-2022, 01:15 PM
Drey wright was not up to Hibs class as a player and I dreaded seeing him come on for us though when he did there was never a lack of effort on his part even with his family problems .Think what got to a few folk was when posted about him getting injured you made the 'get it up him remark ' which was a bit harsh imo.Dont know why you dislike St Johnstone either btw as they wouldn't be anywhere near my pick of clubs to dislike even though they beat us in the cups which was more down to us not been good enough. As for drey wright like many other ex Hibs players I wish the guy well except when he's playing against us of course . :aok:

Fair enough mate, I was told he had cramp when I made the comment - seemed to be the consensus on this thread. If he is injured that’s different and I’ll retract my comment. If it’s just a bit cramp then I stand by it!

BILLYHIBS
11-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Can’t beat a comedy cramp in a game. Remember Alex Miller taking cramp in a cup final against Aberdeen many moons ago. Comedy gold.:greengrin

Now that was funny 😀

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2022, 05:45 PM
Jeeez! Calm down ffs.

Well I loved your original post

Forza Fred
12-10-2022, 05:50 AM
He always tried?
That was good of him.

But surely that’s all we can ask of any player, is it not?

To do their best?

They don’t pick themselves in the side, the manager chooses to play them.