PDA

View Full Version : Kyle MaGUINNESS

Mcbizz1998
07-10-2022, 08:43 AM
Following on from the Paul HanLAWN thread, I notice from LJ’s recent interview he has a peculiar way of pronouncing Kyle’s name as well! [emoji28]

On another note, I think we might see him start this weekend, could be wrong but got that impression from the managers comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
07-10-2022, 08:49 AM
‘Old me Guinness mate, I’m just doin an interview for Soccerscene, innaye?

Bridge hibs
07-10-2022, 08:54 AM
Following on from the Paul HanLAWN thread, I notice from LJ’s recent interview he has a peculiar way of pronouncing Kyle’s name as well! [emoji28]

On another note, I think we might see him start this weekend, could be wrong but got that impression from the managers comments.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI dont think there is any need for him to start, the midfield is working as has been proven the past few weeks unless we have an injury. I can see the eagerness to have him back in the team but I think he has to earn that position. Its everyone elses to lose now and they will have to be on their toes

gbhibby
07-10-2022, 08:55 AM
He gets thirsty doing interviews so this was a instruction to get him a drink for after the interview, Kyle Ma Guinness.

Mick O'Rourke
07-10-2022, 08:58 AM
He's a stout fella.

Green Reaper
07-10-2022, 08:59 AM
I also got the impression from Lee’s interview that Kyle will start and hoping to get 60 mins or so from him

Billy Whizz
07-10-2022, 09:03 AM
I also got the impression from Lee’s interview that Kyle will start and hoping to get 60 mins or so from him

Got that impression too, instead of who

bigwheel
07-10-2022, 09:03 AM
Would be an interesting call that . Anyone who drops out should consider themselves unlucky

Onceinawhile
07-10-2022, 09:05 AM
Would be an interesting call that . Anyone who drops out should consider themselves unlucky

Disagree.

Youan should consider himself lucky to start if he does.

Can't see Kyle starting regardless. To go from a 15 minute barely get a touch cameo to starting seems unlikely.

easty
07-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Got that impression too, instead of who

Can only really be for Campbell, no?

It’s the only place I see Magennis playing. It’d be harsh on Campbell, given how important he’s been of late.

bigwheel
07-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Disagree.

Can't see Kyle starting regardless. To go from a 15 minute barely get a touch cameo to starting seems unlikely.

But harsh ..sure, not set the heather alight, but not done much wrong either .his pace and physicality have helped us down that left hand side . Works hard, Contributes

easty
07-10-2022, 09:09 AM
Disagree.

If it’s Youan who comes out for Magennis, I’ll be disappointed. He can’t play there. We saw that clearly before. He was lost out there.

hibsbollah
07-10-2022, 09:19 AM
If it’s Youan who comes out for Magennis, I’ll be disappointed. He can’t play there. We saw that clearly before. He was lost out there.

:agree: I don’t think they’re competing for the same spot. I’d like to see him replace Campbell at some point at the weekend, he’s played a lot of games, hopefully when the points are safe on the hour or something.

Since452
07-10-2022, 09:23 AM
Don't change a winning team

Onceinawhile
07-10-2022, 10:06 AM
But harsh ..sure, not set the heather alight, but not done much wrong either .his pace and physicality have helped us down that left hand side . Works hard, Contributes

He doesn't work hard defensively though unfortunately. He was utter pony in dingwall.

It's funny because sometimes (vs hearts, vs rangers) He looks awesome and sometimes (vs Ross county) he looks awful

I don't mind if he stays in, but I am edging towards thinking he's not good enough.

Hibbyradge
07-10-2022, 10:13 AM
He's a stout fella.

He's a Sweetheart :wink:

Keith_M
07-10-2022, 10:23 AM
Campbell has scored four goals in eight league games, and is equal top goal scorer (along with Boyle).

I'm not sure I'd be leaving him out of the team.

Mick O'Rourke
07-10-2022, 10:26 AM
He's a Sweetheart :wink:

Ma old man's black n' tan drink back in the day

Hibbyradge
07-10-2022, 10:34 AM

👍

A rather pretty lady's face on the label, iirc.

jacomo
07-10-2022, 10:39 AM

That’s what Ten Hag said ahead of the Manchester derby.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2022, 11:10 AM
👍

A rather pretty lady's face on the label, iirc.

Venetia Stevenson, died a couple of weeks ago.

gbhibby
07-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Now you're talking. Remember going into a pub in the city centre asking for a black n tan and the bar person asking how you make it. Do they still make sweetheart stout?

basehibby
07-10-2022, 11:43 AM
He doesn't work hard defensively though unfortunately. He was utter pony in dingwall.

It's funny because sometimes (vs hearts, vs rangers) He looks awesome and sometimes (vs Ross county) he looks awful

I don't mind if he stays in, but I am edging towards thinking he's not good enough.

Got to be joking. While noone should be taking a 1st team place for granted Youan is certainly good enough to be in contention and has proven that repeatedly this season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Do they still make sweetheart stout?

Aye, I believe so.

Northernhibee
07-10-2022, 11:51 AM
Good things come to those who wait.

Kato
07-10-2022, 11:56 AM
Got to be joking. While noone should be taking a 1st team place for granted Youan is certainly good enough to be in contention and has proven that repeatedly this season.Three assists and unlucky not to score so far. Way more to come from him.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
07-10-2022, 01:04 PM
Hopefully ROI looking into this matter , with a name like that he must have a Irish Granny :greengrin

Onceinawhile
07-10-2022, 02:14 PM
Three assists and unlucky not to score so far. Way more to come from him.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

What's the 3rd assist? 1 vs hearts, 1 vs rangers.

0 goals in 8
3 assists in 8

is hardly repeatedly proving you are good enough imo.

Leith Green
07-10-2022, 08:27 PM
:agree: I don’t think they’re competing for the same spot. I’d like to see him replace Campbell at some point at the weekend, he’s played a lot of games, hopefully when the points are safe on the hour or something.

Great to have 2 options in that position.. Campbell is good at what he does , he looked knackered in the 2nd half up at ross county from the sheer amount of running and effort he put in. To be able to replace that after 60 minutes is brilliant for us and be handy in certain situations to be able to lay both. Our squad is looking stronger and stronger as the season develops.

Leith Green
07-10-2022, 08:31 PM

His biggest problem is his decision making. He needs to play the simple pass more often. Has the skill , speed and power. Hopefully given time , his decision making will improve

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2022, 08:41 PM

Thats how it becomes a losing team. Have to keep improving things.

Alex Trager
07-10-2022, 09:23 PM
That’s what Ten Hag said ahead of the Manchester derby.

Aye but ten Hag was playing the best team and striker in the world

Donegal Hibby
07-10-2022, 09:29 PM
Aye but ten Hag was playing the best team and striker in the world
Thought that was Hearts and Shankland though ? :greengrin

SON OF PADDY
07-10-2022, 09:49 PM

Beautiful pint, sweet stout or Guinness that's the question?

Hibbyradge
07-10-2022, 10:00 PM

You've missed the thread...of the thread.:wink:

gbhibby
07-10-2022, 10:42 PM
Always Sweetheart stout.
Lee getting Kyle and Kevin back playing reminds me of the Mowbray period when Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson were both injured and when they returned the team moved up a level.

scoopyboy
07-10-2022, 10:51 PM
I think he may change a winning team.

But rather than Magennis for Youan I think it will be McKirdy starting.

Another substitute appearance for Kyle and build up his minutes gradually

B.H.F.C
07-10-2022, 10:52 PM
What's the 3rd assist? 1 vs hearts, 1 vs rangers.

0 goals in 8
3 assists in 8

is hardly repeatedly proving you are good enough imo.

I think the other assist was at Livingston when the defender booted the ball off him and it deflected to Kenneh to header it in.

B.H.F.C
07-10-2022, 10:55 PM

That’s what I think will happen. Youan was hooked pretty early last week and that, IMO, was just down to performance.

Donegal Hibby
08-10-2022, 12:02 AM
That’s what I think will happen. Youan was hooked pretty early last week and that, IMO, was just down to performance.
Same team again for me as long as there's no knocks . Thought Youan done well again and there was nothing wrong with his performance bar a goal .Does a lot of good runs on and off the ball and works hard for team imo . Mckirdy more suited to right side or central and I wouldn't sacrifice either Boyle or Kukharevych for him at the minute .

08-10-2022, 03:24 AM

LJ said he thinks Kyle could manage 60-65 minutes so I reckon he'll start.

OstKurve Hibs
08-10-2022, 06:06 AM
Can only really be for Campbell, no?

It’s the only place I see Magennis playing. It’d be harsh on Campbell, given how important he’s been of late.

Can't see that happnin, gaffer said josh was one of the first names on the team sheet recently,