PDA

View Full Version : The McKirdy Song.

greenlex
01-10-2022, 08:05 PM
Well what is it?

Hermit Crab
01-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Well what is it?

A load of *****, thats what it is, and why the hell were our 'fans' singing songs about Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell, Wallace Mercer and the royal family. Horrendous stuff. Celtic fan wannabes.

Wheat Hound
01-10-2022, 08:25 PM
A load of *****, thats what it is, and why the hell were our 'fans' singing songs about Davie Cooper, Walter Smith, Jimmy Bell, Wallace Mercer and the royal family. Horrendous stuff. Celtic fan wannabes.

With on on the nonsense re sevco, but what was the matter with the fans singing about McKirdy? The manager picked up on it as a positive.

Glory Lurker
01-10-2022, 08:29 PM

I am completely with you on this. Disgusting, shameful stuff. And they couldn't give a damn for fellow Hibbies, just barrelling in to where they wanted to stand even if it meant standing right in front of folk who were already there.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2022, 08:32 PM
I am completely with you on this. Disgusting, shameful stuff. And they couldn't give a damn for fellow Hibbies, just barrelling in to where they wanted to stand even if it meant standing right in front of folk who were already there.

I seen that, totally out of order. They either all had tickets there in that section (unlikely) or the just fancied dead centre behind the goals and **** everybody else that was already there. That needs sorting out.

Billy McKirdy
01-10-2022, 08:34 PM
I wasn’t there, what’s the McKirdy song?

Glory Lurker
01-10-2022, 08:36 PM
I seen that, totally out of order. They either all had tickets there in that section (unlikely) or the just fancied dead centre behind the goals and **** everybody else that was already there. That needs sorting out.

Trust me, they didn't. I was one of the folk who was already there... Ended up moving out.

Mcbizz1998
01-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Anyone want to tell us what the song was and what was so bad about it?

SMAXXA
01-10-2022, 09:00 PM

Just cause your team got cuffed today don’t be bitter 😂😛

B.H.F.C
01-10-2022, 09:06 PM

Was with the wee man and had to move.

Not a huge issue for me as there was plenty space and still got a decent view but it’s ignorant from the lot of them. As you say, they just piled in to where they wanted to be without any regard for anyone already there.

McKirdy song was quite catchy though.

Liam978
01-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Just cause your team got cuffed today don’t be bitter 😂😛

Really shamefull stuff, away games are getting to be totally embarrassing for the Real Hibby's tarnished by this block 7 lot.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2022, 09:19 PM
I wasn’t there, what’s the McKirdy song?

Harry McKirdy the lots of oooooooohs ooooooooooohs then repeat.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2022, 09:19 PM
Really shamefull stuff, away games are getting to be totally embarrassing for the Real Hibby's tarnished by this block 7 lot.

Coked up, lining up in the bogs.

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2022, 09:21 PM
hopefully by the time we get to page 48 everyone can find out about the Mckirdy song :hyper

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2022, 09:22 PM

is that it :hilarious jings

ShinyFantastic
01-10-2022, 09:22 PM
Never seen so many coked up 16-18 year old cp company/stone island wearing morons in the same place. And at Ross County away? Utterly bizarre. As has already been mentioned, they had no regard whatsoever for anyone near them and just all barged in to the middle of the stand.

ClermistonGreen
01-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Oh to be young again !
2 cans of skol ,olde English sherry , 1/4 bottles of vodka
and pommagne !
Nae drugs though and a slap in the puss fae the old guys ,
at least until we were big enough to slap them back . Happy days
GGTTH. :flag:

MagicSwirlingShip
01-10-2022, 09:36 PM
Anyone gonna spill the song? Otherwise - I’ll just make one up.

Black Grape, Kinky Afro…

Son,
You’re 30.
I bet you wished you signed Harry Mckirdy…

Hibby Hibby ahya Ya

Onceinawhile
01-10-2022, 09:44 PM

Aye, it was pretty grim.

Some of the songs about mercer in the pub before were ridiculous too. From folk who weren't when a glint in their parents eye when it all happened.

Chuck Rhoades
01-10-2022, 09:53 PM
hopefully by the time we get to page 48 everyone can find out about the Mckirdy song :hyper

Hermit Crab to be at least 30 of those pages, he’s on one 🤣 🍿

Sir David Gray
01-10-2022, 09:59 PM
Never seen so many coked up 16-18 year old cp company/stone island wearing morons in the same place. And at Ross County away? Utterly bizarre. As has already been mentioned, they had no regard whatsoever for anyone near them and just all barged in to the middle of the stand.

Part of the reason why I'm cutting back on away games at the moment is this sort of nonsense along with some of the chants which shouldn't be heard at a Hibs game.

I'm hopeful that the club are aware of what's going on and we hear something from them soon.

However it's one thing to be singing offensive songs and another to be acting so selfishly towards fellow fans.

Really poor.

Northernhibee
01-10-2022, 10:13 PM
Hermit Crab to be at least 30 of those pages, he’s on one 🤣 🍿

He's not wrong.

Tommy75
01-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Part of the reason why I'm cutting back on away games at the moment is this sort of nonsense along with some of the chants which shouldn't be heard at a Hibs game.

I'm hopeful that the club are aware of what's going on and we hear something from them soon.

However it's one thing to be singing offensive songs and another to be acting so selfishly towards fellow fans.

Really poor.

I said on the match day thread the Celtic-Lite element of our support can gtf. Received a reply saying they can stay - we are a 'broad church' which I found odd. No idea what is going on with that section of our support but they are an embarrassment to the club.

Hulk1875
01-10-2022, 11:21 PM
The mckirdy song.. need to somehow come up with something along with the birdy song

Onceinawhile
01-10-2022, 11:24 PM
He's not wrong.

Agreed.

Wasn't at the game, but I heard a song about nacho novo at the pub today.

What does that have to do with hibs?

green day
01-10-2022, 11:25 PM
To get back on track, whats the McKirdy song?

Onceinawhile
01-10-2022, 11:27 PM

See post 12. It's pish.

HendoDelivered
01-10-2022, 11:43 PM
Bring back Since 1875

Glory Lurker
01-10-2022, 11:55 PM

It's just a song with lots of da da das, then "Harry Mckirdy ". It's an alright song.

SteveHFC
01-10-2022, 11:57 PM

Think it's the same tune to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkWW6lGOjA

JammyDoidger
01-10-2022, 11:58 PM
See post 12. It's pish.

Mckirdy seemed to like it going by his social media posts, still not sure what it is mind you...

BoomtownHibees
02-10-2022, 12:32 AM
There are no other words in the McKirdy song other than his name. Not sure what LJ found “interesting” about it but it’s quite a catchy tune

Glory Lurker
02-10-2022, 12:46 AM
There are no other words in the McKirdy song other than his name. Not sure what LJ found “interesting” about it but it’s quite a catchy tune

Maybe that it just went on and on, and he was still on the bench?

scottish_sleepy
02-10-2022, 01:47 AM
I said on the match day thread the Celtic-Lite element of our support can gtf. Received a reply saying they can stay - we are a 'broad church' which I found odd. No idea what is going on with that section of our support but they are an embarrassment to the club.

Walked past the pub at the train station just as they were in full flow singing about the IRA.
They did the same in Perth walking in and standing in front of all the people already there sitting. The guy in front of me with his kid was going ape trying to get them to sit down as his kid couldn't see a thing.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 05:58 AM
If any Harry McKirdy song isn't a take on 'hurdy gurdy gurdy in the window boaxes' from Still Game then someone has missed a trick.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-10-2022, 06:40 AM
If any Harry McKirdy song isn't a take on 'hurdy gurdy gurdy in the window boaxes' from Still Game then someone has missed a trick.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought about that song!!

Since452
02-10-2022, 07:09 AM
The youngsters see Ross County away as the biggest sesh of the season. Hardly surprising there were some really bad boys singing naughty songs. How dare they.

Antifa Hibs
02-10-2022, 07:12 AM
We are a nation thats still rather attached to random plastic seats printed on random bits of paper so **** no's why, when about three quarters of Scottish grounds are half full why we can't accommodate standers and singers. Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts everyone pretty much stands. Dundee Utd, Motherwell & Killie you could have standers lower tier, sitters upper. St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi there is empty stands to easily accommodate both.

Regarding the wee fannies there seems to be a new scene on the go in Scotland as it appears pretty much every decent sized club has its fair share of tadgers. Its good to see a bit of an atmosphere and groups of youngsters heading to the games together etc. Could do without the "wannabe look at me" controversial stuff, but youngsters being annoying wee noel hunts and people using the fitba to get absolutely ******ed, especially trips to the highlands, isn't exactly anything new to Scottish football. Thankfully, as said above most grounds have enough space to move around.

There does seem to be a rise of the Hearts loyal and Hibs Irish stuff but again thats been happening for 50+ years now. The current group will grow out of it and be replaced with a new group in a few years time and round and round we go.

Unfortunately, no doubt we'll have a similar thread after Celtic away. Was Goram/queen/jimmy bell this time, will be the Lisbon Lions next away game....

Gmack7
02-10-2022, 07:15 AM
The youngsters see Ross County away as the biggest sesh of the season. Hardly surprising there were some really bad boys singing naughty songs. How dare they.
Anyone singing about Cooper and Novo can GTF

Bridge hibs
02-10-2022, 07:34 AM
Anyone singing about Cooper and Novo can GTFWhat or why were they singing about Novo ? Thats a strange one

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 07:36 AM
I've never really been all that bothered about people not sitting in their allocated seats. Different at Tynecastle or Ibrox when our end is full and someone in your seat can leave you with nowhere to go but at the vast majority of our away games there is plenty space for everyone. I can remember people quite literally fighting about a couple of seats at Motherwell a few seasons back, the entire row was empty and we had about 1500 fans in a stand that holds at least double that. It was mental on the part of both parties, just move 2 or 3 seats along.

I get why clubs want people in allocated seats but personally it would be better and cause less aggro if most away games were just unallocated seating, people would naturally find the right area for them and could move if they didn't fancy the people around them. Then again we are talking about Scottish football in which a number of clubs won't even sell tickets directly on the day of a game so anything that makes things a bit easier for fans is unlikely to fly.

As for the songs. It's predominantly daft young boys who will grow out of it. I can't speak for others but at 15, 16 or 17 I wasn't worried about what some guy in his 50s or 60s thought of me. I thought he had just forgot what it is to be young and as I get older myself I realise 17 year old me was close to spot on with that. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but someone mentioned knowing how to keep things separate. ER or an away game isn't the place for something that might be a bit of a laught at a house party or a Wolfetones gig. That's the kind of thing most people learn with age.

Brooster
02-10-2022, 07:41 AM
I've no qualms with these guys having a few beers and following Hibs, I thought the atmosphere in the Mallard and at the game was great but we can do without the non Hibs related songs.

B.H.F.C
02-10-2022, 07:43 AM
We are a nation thats still rather attached to random plastic seats printed on random bits of paper so **** no's why, when about three quarters of Scottish grounds are half full why we can't accommodate standers and singers. Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts everyone pretty much stands. Dundee Utd, Motherwell & Killie you could have standers lower tier, sitters upper. St Johnstone, Ross County and Livi there is empty stands to easily accommodate both.

Regarding the wee fannies there seems to be a new scene on the go in Scotland as it appears pretty much every decent sized club has its fair share of tadgers. Its good to see a bit of an atmosphere and groups of youngsters heading to the games together etc. Could do without the "wannabe look at me" controversial stuff, but youngsters being annoying wee noel hunts and people using the fitba to get absolutely ******ed, especially trips to the highlands, isn't exactly anything new to Scottish football. Thankfully, as said above most grounds have enough space to move around.

There does seem to be a rise of the Hearts loyal and Hibs Irish stuff but again thats been happening for 50+ years now. The current group will grow out of it and be replaced with a new group in a few years time and round and round we go.

Unfortunately, no doubt we'll have a similar thread after Celtic away. Was Goram/queen/jimmy bell this time, will be the Lisbon Lions next away game....

The fact that there was plenty space is what made it quite annoying. Why force their way in to an area that was already pretty full which, in turn, forced a lot of folk already there to move? Just go to the empty bit. I’m all for folk standing and making a bit of noise at the fitbaw but just disregarding other folk completely is a bit pish.

Brightside
02-10-2022, 07:46 AM
I've never really been all that bothered about people not sitting in their allocated seats. Different at Tynecastle or Ibrox when our end is full and someone in your seat can leave you with nowhere to go but at the vast majority of our away games there is plenty space for everyone. I can remember people quite literally fighting about a couple of seats at Motherwell a few seasons back, the entire row was empty and we had about 1500 fans in a stand that holds at least double that. It was mental on the part of both parties, just move 2 or 3 seats along.

I get why clubs want people in allocated seats but personally it would be better and cause less aggro if most away games were just unallocated seating, people would naturally find the right area for them and could move if they didn't fancy the people around them. Then again we are talking about Scottish football in which a number of clubs won't even sell tickets directly on the day of a game so anything that makes things a bit easier for fans is unlikely to fly.

As for the songs. It's predominantly daft young boys who will grow out of it. I can't speak for others but at 15, 16 or 17 I wasn't worried about what some guy in his 50s or 60s thought of me. I thought he had just forgot what it is to be young and as I get older myself I realise 17 year old me was close to spot on with that. I'm not sure if it was this thread or another but someone mentioned knowing how to keep things separate. ER or an away game isn't the place for something that might be a bit of a laught at a house party or a Wolfetones gig. That's the kind of thing most people learn with age.

So everyone should just give up the middle of the stand to the young team and us old guys get stuck in the corner?

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 07:50 AM
So everyone should just give up the middle of the stand to the young team and us old guys get stuck in the corner?

What did people do for all the decades before allocated seating? Did the young team of the 60s and 70s help the old boys to their seats and give them a penny out the poor box? I have my doubts.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2022, 07:51 AM
What or why were they singing about Novo ? Thats a strange one

Probably the same one that their big brothers (or should that be bhrothers?) have been singing for years about how they hope Novo dies in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA.

Classy stuff.

Chuck Rhoades
02-10-2022, 07:54 AM
Perspective

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

Johnny Clash
02-10-2022, 08:03 AM
Perspective

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

Perspective indeed mate - That’s horrendous!

LeithMike
02-10-2022, 08:04 AM

Agree with your point. Would we accept groups of younger people forcing more elderly people from their seats on the bus? Football grounds have become a bit of a lawless area where anything goes but anti-social behaviour shouldn’t be tolerated.

I used to go to a fair bit of away games but would think long and hard about taking my 7 year old son to away games given the goings on and songs. That’s a real shame.

I like an atmosphere and would be quite happy for the FF lower where I currently sit to be given over for a singing section but we shouldn’t promote anti-social behaviour.

Perhaps time for the club to intervene and speak to the leaders.

I also think it’s getting time for more police at grounds again. It’s got to the point where as a football fan you just have to accept the anti-social behaviour as a part of the experience. That shouldn’t be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
02-10-2022, 08:08 AM
What did people do for all the decades before allocated seating? Did the young team of the 60s and 70s help the old boys to their seats and give them a penny out the poor box? I have my doubts.

I don’t think people are really moaning about allocated (or unallocated seating) in regards to yesterday. More the fact that most of the area was already populated, more folk came in than there were seats (not just talking 2 or 3 but dozens). As mentioned earlier, there was ample space elsewhere, just use that.

The Modfather
02-10-2022, 08:30 AM

Not sure posts like this add much to a constructive debate. Are you essentially saying that because it’s the the longest trip of the season that means it’s a requirement to get even drunker than shorter away trips and the associated behaviour is just to be accepted?

Singing edgy or risky songs is part of being young, but there’s a line between that and being a selfish coked up ned that is directly impacting on those around them. If you ignore the fact they were making people move from their seats because of where they wanted to sit, singing about the IRA/Novo/Goram etc and being coked up then yes, how dare people complain about them singing.

My daughter will be of an age to start going to games in the next couple of years. As it stands think I’d be more likely to take her to the woman’s team than the mens team and certainly not away games until there’s some actual policing in the ground.

BoomtownHibees
02-10-2022, 08:37 AM

I’m too young to know what the 60s & 70s were like but yesterday was a bit of a shambles. The young team coming in with about 5 mins to go til kick off, the area was already populated with folk in their own seats and there were probably around 4 young team per seat came in and forced there way into the already populated area. They could easily have went along to the other end of the stand that was sitting empty at this point rather than everyone who was already in their seats having to move

Chuck Rhoades
02-10-2022, 08:44 AM
I suspect we could look back 20yrs on this forum and find similar threads. If .net had been going for 40yrs we’d find some back then too. Supporter behaviour is something that comes up periodically. I don’t understand the sudden overreaction, for example calling for the club to “do something about it”.

I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs? Probably from the previous generation(s), some of which perhaps folk in here participated in back then!

Jack
02-10-2022, 09:01 AM
With regards to allocated seating I understand that if the seats are unallocated then the capacity of the area is reduced. I can't remember by how much and I'm not sure if the home club has the option to switch between allocated and unallocated between games.

DC_Hibs
02-10-2022, 09:04 AM
I
I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs?

From these Celtc kuntz of course. That’s been going on with young team for 10 or more years and I see from here today that the McKirdy ones also taken from them.

Incredible fascination with Green Brigade or other kiddy on “Ultra” groups at Parkhead when for the 20 or 40 years you mention, Hibs fans have been keen to distance ourselves from those imposters.

Bridge hibs
02-10-2022, 09:06 AM
I suspect we could look back 20yrs on this forum and find similar threads. If .net had been going for 40yrs we’d find some back then too. Supporter behaviour is something that comes up periodically. I don’t understand the sudden overreaction, for example calling for the club to “do something about it”.

I also wonder where the young team learnt these songs? Probably from the previous generation(s), some of which perhaps folk in here participated in back then!Ive never heard songs about Mercers Wife until recently or Novo, have never heard hibs fans sing about Cooper and the Queen and Goram have recently passed so hardly learnt from previous generations

Is this the team that are wanting lower FF to grow their standing/singing section ? If so and they continue with those tasteless songs then their experiment wont last long as they will continue to piss off a lot of hibs fans

Apologies if its a different group altogether, Im all for creating a better atmosphere but get rid of those arsey so called songs

Chuck Rhoades
02-10-2022, 09:07 AM
From these Celtc kuntz of course. That’s been going on with young team for 10 or more years and I see from here today that the McKirdy ones also taken from them.

Incredible fascination with Green Brigade or other kiddy on “Ultra” groups at Parkhead when for the 20 or 40 years you mention, Hibs fans have been keen to distance ourselves from those imposters.

What Celtic songs got an airing yesterday DC? Unless Hail, Hail is deemed one.

JimBHibees
02-10-2022, 09:19 AM
I don’t think people are really moaning about allocated (or unallocated seating) in regards to yesterday. More the fact that most of the area was already populated, more folk came in than there were seats (not just talking 2 or 3 but dozens). As mentioned earlier, there was ample space elsewhere, just use that.

Yep got to be said that would have pissed me off also if sitting already in your seat. Obviously just trying to mimic the wee Huns at Tynecastle unfortunately just falls into the label the vast majority of Hibs fans don't want to be a mini cellic

Hermit Crab
02-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Walked past the pub at the train station just as they were in full flow singing about the IRA.
They did the same in Perth walking in and standing in front of all the people already there sitting. The guy in front of me with his kid was going ape trying to get them to sit down as his kid couldn't see a thing.

Ben Kennel walked past there about 2:30 and stood and watched them so he will be well aware of what was being sung both before and during the game.

Hermit Crab
02-10-2022, 09:45 AM

My ticket allocated through the AST scheme was pretty much in the corner anyway which I wasn't too fussed about, initially I thought Block 7 had been allocated the middle of the stand but it turns out that wasn't the case after speaking to people who got forced out their seats by them. Out of order.

Jones28
02-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Block 7 are an organised group aren’t they? So why can’t they show just a little bit of consideration for their fellow supporters and go at the back of stands or occupy an area that’s very sparsely populated? Or advertise beforehand where they’re going to be so supporters that want a seat are advised to move somewhere else.

Since 1875 never seemed to cause these kind of problems.

Potty78
02-10-2022, 10:00 AM
What Celtic songs got an airing yesterday DC? Unless Hail, Hail is deemed one.

I heard IRA chants outside the pub and if u hate the royal family🤦*♂️

Helensburghhibs
02-10-2022, 10:09 AM
Block 7 are an organised group aren’t they? So why can’t they show just a little bit of consideration for their fellow supporters and go at the back of stands or occupy an area that’s very sparsely populated? Or advertise beforehand where they’re going to be so supporters that want a seat are advised to move somewhere else.

Because they think being an organised group somehow gives them superiority over us mere normal punters. Same happens with the GB and the UB.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 10:11 AM
I’m too young to know what the 60s & 70s were like but yesterday was a bit of a shambles. The young team coming in with about 5 mins to go til kick off, the area was already populated with folk in their own seats and there were probably around 4 young team per seat came in and forced there way into the already populated area. They could easily have went along to the other end of the stand that was sitting empty at this point rather than everyone who was already in their seats having to move

I get it. It's not really about excusing ignorant behaviour.

My point is more that football fans self policed and self organised with unallocated seating and standing areas for years. We still do on occasion when drawn away at a lower league ground. I think Aberdeen have unallocated seating in their 'Red Shed' area but I could be wrong. If it was brought back I suspect people would very quickly start to find their areas and it would work out quite well rather than someone ending up uncomfortable in amongst a load of people they don't want to be solely because of what is says on their ticket.

As an aside I can't think of many Scottish grounds were being a bit to he side and higher up would be a bad thing. Pittodrie, Celtic Park and Tannadice possibly. However at somewhere like Dingwall the stand is so low and the site lines so bad I can't think of anything worse than being stuck right in the middle, low behind the goals. The view must be awful; same with the 'lower tier' at Tynecastle, McDiarmid Park, St Mirren Park etc as well.

CockneyRebel
02-10-2022, 10:23 AM

Definitely one of your poorer posts.

bigwheel
02-10-2022, 10:40 AM

There were few seats ..mostly terracing …and people weren’t as rude as they are now

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2022, 10:40 AM

Great and pertinent point. Old bores virtue signaling their 'maturity' as outraged upstanding citizens is just as tedious a cliche as young clowns idiotically singing distasteful songs.

It's football. It's life. It's stupid. It'll never change. Live with it.

Stairway 2 7
02-10-2022, 11:17 AM
people weren’t as rude as they are now

Reminds me of this thread. Articles going back in time saying kids are rude now. First one this month, going back over 100 years.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulisci/status/1575610379702796288

bigwheel
02-10-2022, 12:01 PM
Reminds me of this thread. Articles going back in time saying kids are rude now. First one this month, going back over 100 years.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulisci/status/1575610379702796288

Cheers. Guess it depends on what “rude” was defined as through the years. In my 50s now - people are much worse these days ….imho

davhibby
02-10-2022, 01:37 PM

Block 7 as an organised group will be a small number of people. Almost certainly a fraction of the number that were stood in that middle section yesterday. Young guys that are going along with their pals will want to be next to where the atmosphere is and then they all pile in.

Since 1875 had to move at ER because of others coming and standing around them and causing bother so it’s not exactly a new “issue”.

Keith_M
02-10-2022, 02:26 PM

Up until 1994, there was separate seating and standing areas, and nobody stood in the seated areas, so it wasn't a problem

If that was the situation just now then nobody would complain... but it isn't so you can see why some people are getting pissed off.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Up until 1994, there was separate seating and standing areas, and nobody stood in the seated areas, so it wasn't a problem

If that was the situation just now then nobody would complain... but it isn't so you can see why some people are getting pissed off.

There were still areas that were more coveted for standing than others though.

The 93 LC final at Celtic Park springs to mind. We got in early and were stood right behind the goals. People kept piling into that area right up until kick off and it was uncomfortably overcrowded by that point. I was only 7 and my parents had to move us out of there as it just felt dangerous. I daresay some people in their 50s and 60s now were the young team then and part of the late arrivals who wanted the prime spots regardless of who was there first

As I elaborated on above my point is that away ends now have allocated seating, people disregard it and have done for years and it leads to aggro. That desire to be with mates and have the best spots stretches back decades. If you removed that allocation and just allowed people to choose where to sit people would quickly organise it among themselves. 15 years ago I wanted to be right in the thick of the action, now I take my daughter and to allow here to see I sit a wee bit apart from the busiest areas. With a bit of common sense most people could be accommodated in stands that are more often than not nowhere near full. As it is wee have some people who are really prescriptive about what it says on their ticket fighting with people who just don't care and it leads to cyclical arguments that take longer than just moving a row or 2 to defuse a situation.

Jones28
02-10-2022, 02:37 PM
Block 7 as an organised group will be a small number of people. Almost certainly a fraction of the number that were stood in that middle section yesterday. Young guys that are going along with their pals will want to be next to where the atmosphere is and then they all pile in.

Since 1875 had to move at ER because of others coming and standing around them and causing bother so it’s not exactly a new “issue”.

So why don’t block 7 use Twitter etc to say pre match we are going to X area, come and join us but be aware you will not see the game if you sit down. Or like yesterday they could have gone to the far end of the stand where there were very few people so’s not to cause issues for people that want to sit down.

B.H.F.C
02-10-2022, 02:43 PM
There were still areas that were more coveted for standing than others though.

The 93 LC final at Celtic Park springs to mind. We got in early and were stood right behind the goals. People kept piling into that area right up until kick off and it was uncomfortably overcrowded by that point. I was only 7 and my parents had to move us out of there as it just felt dangerous. I daresay some people in their 50s and 60s now were the young team then and part of the late arrivals who wanted the prime spots.

As I elaborated on above my point is that away ends now have allocated seating, people disregard it and have done for years and it leads to aggro. That desire to be with mates and have the best spots stretches back decades. If you removed that allocation and just allowed people to choose where to sit people would quickly organise it among themselves. 15 years ago I wanted to be right in the thick of the action, now I take my daughter and to allow here to see I sit a wee bit apart from the busiest areas. With a bit of common sense most people could be accommodated in stands that are more often than not nowhere near full.

With a bit of common sense there wouldn’t have been an issue yesterday. The folk coming in at 2:55 should have just went to one of the empty bits. Issue wasn’t anything to do with allocated/unallocated seating. It was just a bunch of folk turning up, deciding they were going where they fancied, leading to it being overcrowded and irrespective of the fact it was already well populated.

Whether the tickets had a seat detailed on them or not, they were coming in and having that area and that was that.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 02:51 PM
With a bit of common sense there wouldn’t have been an issue yesterday. The folk coming in at 2:55 should have just went to one of the empty bits. Issue wasn’t anything to do with allocated/unallocated seating. It was just a bunch of folk turning up, deciding they were going where they fancied, leading to it being overcrowded and irrespective of the fact it was already well populated.

Whether the tickets had a seat detailed on them or not, they were coming in and having that area and that was that.

But that's my point.

If it was unallocated Block 7 could put up posts on Twitter and the like saying we will be in section 12 rows 5-9 and people would just avoid there if they wanted to sit or didn't fancy having a drum right in their ear.

As it is you have people in that area who won't move because their ticket has that seat on it and spend 90 minutes being utterly miserable then days moaning about it when they could have just moved to one of the many empty seats themselves.

Of course people will argue 'why should I move? That's my seat'. Again I'd argue they would be more inclined to move If it wasn't their seat and secondly is it really that big a deal? A few young bans want to be right behind the goals, happened to me at Raith a few years back, I moved about 15 seats along and got almost exactly the same view. Seemed easier than arguing the point. I enjoyed the game as much as I would have in my original seat.

Hibbyradge
02-10-2022, 02:58 PM
But that's my point.

If it was unallocated Block 7 could put up posts on Twitter and the like saying we will be in section 12 rows 5-9 and people would just avoid there if they wanted to sit or didn't fancy having a drum right in their ear.

As it is you have people in that area who won't move because their ticket has that seat on it and spend 90 minutes being utterly miserable then days moaning about it when they could have just moved to one of the many empty seats themselves.

Of course people will argue 'why should I move? That's my seat'. Again I'd argue they would be more inclined to move If it wasn't their seat and secondly is it really that big a deal? A few young bans want to be right behind the goals, happened to me at Raith a few years back, I moved about 15 seats along and got almost exactly the same view. Seemed easier than arguing the point. I enjoyed the game as much as I would have in my original seat.

The people wanting to sit in their allocated seat shouldn't be blamed. The folk bullying them to another seat should be.

It doesn't matter if it's a "big deal" or not, nor does their age.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2022, 03:01 PM
The people wanting to sit in their allocated seat shouldn't be blamed. The folk bullying them to another seat should be.

Of course you're right but it's happened for years and is going to continue happening.

We can all spend our time hand wringing and saying 'ye shoudlnae be daein that' and it will make no difference or there could be an attempt at finding a solution.

B.H.F.C
02-10-2022, 03:09 PM
But that's my point.

I moved myself yesterday, so no big issue to me. The way they behaved when they came in was just ignorant though. The section was already 3/4 full and you had dozens of folk trying to cram in to a space that they didn’t fit in to.

Whether it’s allocated or unallocated is largely irrelevant IMO if certain folk aren’t going to pay attention to whether it’s occupied or unoccupied when they turn up. Folk shouldn’t just be forcing their way in to an area that they fancy being in at the expense of others who are already there.

JimBHibees
02-10-2022, 03:10 PM
But that's my point.

What happens if a big away support somebody forced to move out their seat have to wander round trying to find a spare seat instead of the solution being if people want to go in a big group they organise themselves and get seats in the same area. Sure if they worked with the club something could be sorted out. Selfish idiotic behaviour being pandered to.

The Modfather
02-10-2022, 03:10 PM

Should be simple. If they want to sit in a specific area get there early when it’s free. If they arrive at 2.55 and it’s already occupied sit wherever else is free. Surely that’s about the long and short of it. Anything else is just selfish behaviour.

Hibbyradge
02-10-2022, 03:14 PM
Of course you're right but it's happened for years and is going to continue happening.

We can all spend our time hand wringing and saying 'ye shoudlnae be daein that' and it will make no difference or there could be an attempt at finding a solution.

I agree, but the solution isn't to force people to meekly accept being bullied out of their chosen seat.

Hibbyradge
02-10-2022, 03:15 PM
Should be simple. If they want to sit in a specific area get there early when it’s free. If they arrive at 2.55 and it’s already occupied sit wherever else is free. Surely that’s about the long and short of it. Anything else is just selfish behaviour.

:agree:

superfurryhibby
02-10-2022, 04:10 PM
The forcing their way in to areas already occupied is cuntish behaviour, nae excuse and it will no doubt cause bother.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2022, 04:16 PM
If you're not going to turn up until 5 minutes before kick off I don't have much sympathy when you struggle to find a seat together as a large group.

If it's so important to them that they sit together, despite not having tickets together, they should have turned up at 2pm for the gates opening.

Barging into an area where people already were situated in their own allocated seat is not on.

Bridge hibs
02-10-2022, 04:25 PM
If you're not going to turn up until 5 minutes before kick off I don't have much sympathy when you struggle to find a seat together as a large group.

If it's so important to them that they sit together, despite not having tickets together, they should have turned up at 2pm for the gates opening.

Barging into an area where people already were situated in their own allocated seat is not on.Is that not what other Ultras do, get into the ground early doors and get the atmosphere warmed up ?

Keith_M
02-10-2022, 04:42 PM
But that's my point.

So the rest of us can't reserve seats but the young guys in Block 7 can?

:confused:

Keith_M
02-10-2022, 04:44 PM

I moved myself yesterday, so no big issue to me. The way they behaved when they came in was just ignorant though. The section was already 3/4 full and you had dozens of folk trying to cram in to a space that they didn’t fit in to.

Whether it’s allocated or unallocated is largely irrelevant IMO if certain folk aren’t going to pay attention to whether it’s occupied or unoccupied when they turn up. Folk shouldn’t just be forcing their way in to an area that they fancy being in at the expense of others who are already there.

:agree:

Vini1875
02-10-2022, 05:47 PM
Old guys complaining about young guys at football games is as old as football. Cannon Hannan complained about the drunken behaviour of Hibs fans from the pulpit in St. Pat's.

When I was a teenager, we all gathered where the young team was and the singing was. Although that was 70s and early 80s, I'm sure the older guys knew where that was and steered clear, while tutting at our loutish behaviour. I don't recall giving a monkey's about what they thought. Now I'm one of the old guys who thinks the young team are all wee bams. Plus we sang IRA songs on a weekly basis, f all to do with celtc, no coke though sad to say we couldn't afford it.

A Hi-Bee
02-10-2022, 05:52 PM
Too busy fighting at the games to do much singing, in the early 1970's the older ones stayed on the main terrace, leaving us bams to our own. Looking back we had nothing to be proud about, but some of us did grow up a wee bit. I do cringe at some of the songs we did sing when not scrapping, embarrassing to say the least but all part of growing up I guess.

superfurryhibby
02-10-2022, 06:17 PM
Too busy fighting at the games to do much singing, in the early 1970's the older ones stayed on the main terrace, leaving us bams to our own. Looking back we had nothing to be proud about, but some of us did grow up a wee bit. I do cringe at some of the songs we did sing when not scrapping, embarrassing to say the least but all part of growing up I guess.

Not for me it wasn't (the part of growing up) and that's when I started going to the football. No way was I scrapping at games routinely

Things have moved on a bit since then anyway, at the football and in wider society, the acceptable growing up parameters may be a different in this age.

Hibby Mike
02-10-2022, 06:51 PM

This. Summed up nicely. Nothing new.