PDA

View Full Version : Match programme

SideBurns
22-09-2022, 08:34 AM
One thing I enjoyed about last night at Hampden was being able to buy a programme and read it on the train home. Some good articles in it, and if course it's a souvenir of a great win! I miss being able to get one at ER, and just think it's a link with fitba' tradition that should be retained - wonder if there might be any chat of bringing it back for next season? I understand everything has to be financially viable these days, but maybe supporters could be canvassed as to whether or not they'd buy a copy if they started producing them again?

Donegal Hibby
22-09-2022, 11:43 AM
One thing I enjoyed about last night at Hampden was being able to buy a programme and read it on the train home. Some good articles in it, and if course it's a souvenir of a great win! I miss being able to get one at ER, and just think it's a link with fitba' tradition that should be retained - wonder if there might be any chat of bringing it back for next season? I understand everything has to be financially viable these days, but maybe supporters could be canvassed as to whether or not they'd buy a copy if they started producing them again?
Use to love getting the match programmes when I went ER, was sorry they stopped too always passed the time travelling back on a train from away match.speaking about Trains I see Hibs have signed up with Travel Simplexity .on official Hibs site video of fans boarding a train

evy
22-09-2022, 12:08 PM

Imo, the club would have all the data it required with regards copies printed v copies sold etc. No doubt if they came back there'd be an uptick in purchases at first (as with all returning/new products) but thy have clearly the decision with the view of long-term viability.

Donegal Hibby
22-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Seem to remember years ago there use to be a wee shop near ER that sold old programmes . Don't know if it's still there or not? I use to buy them there .even had a right old one signed by pat stanton.what a day that was meeting the man himself .

Hibbyradge
22-09-2022, 01:41 PM

If you ask supporters that, the answer would be overwhelmingly yes.

However, the number who would actually shell out £4 or whatever would be significantly fewer. (Or should that be less?)

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2022, 01:56 PM
However, the number who would actually shell out £4 or whatever would be significantly fewer. (Or should that be less?)

Fewer supporters would actually shell out £4. The number who would actually shell out £4 would be less.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2022, 03:30 PM
Fewer supporters would actually shell out £4. The number who would actually shell out £4 would be less.

Yes, I initially wrote less, but then managed to confuse myself and changed it. I still suspected an error hence the addition of my question.

worcesterhibby
22-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Yes, I initially wrote less, but then managed to confuse myself and changed it. I still suspected an error hence the addition of my question.

Who cares, we all knew what you meant. i don't think we have to stick to the Kings English on here (just wanted to post that as it's the first time anyone has had the chance to use the term Kings English since 16 years before I was born :greengrin

Carheenlea
22-09-2022, 04:35 PM
It’s many years since I last bought a match programme, and I don’t miss them or would consider starting to buy again if they did reappear to buy on a matchday.

As soon as information and reading material about Hibs was available to browse through via your mobile phone would have been when I stopped, but even before then my buying had reduced to sporadic.

If there was a will from the wider support to see programmes return then I’m sure the club would be happy to resurrect a long standing tradition of matchdays, but I’d guess the numbers who would like to have a programme when attending a game would fall short of making it viable.

Out of interest, what would have been the circulation prior to withdrawing the programme?

scoopyboy
22-09-2022, 04:43 PM
The club has no intention of bringing back the programme, a new regime maybe but we are miles away from that.

I do believe a supporters produced programme is on it's way, possibly in time for the Motherwell game.

King Cosell
07-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Don't know an awful lot about it but there's 'by the fans, for the fans' programme for tomorrow's game. Available at the programme shop on Albion Road.

Ringothedog
07-10-2022, 06:00 PM
Don't know an awful lot about it but there's 'by the fans, for the fans' programme for tomorrow's game. Available at the programme shop on Albion Road.

Got mine ordered 👍

He's here!
07-10-2022, 06:04 PM
The match programme and a copy of the Pink used to be my literary staples every match day - with a fanzine thrown in every so often.

Neither programmes nor newspapers are even on the radar of younger fans nowadays.

RoxburghHibs
07-10-2022, 06:49 PM
Got mine ordered 👍

How do you order a copy?

scoopyboy
07-10-2022, 06:57 PM
How do you order a copy?

Brian Johnston at Almondvale Programmes.

Not 100% on it but may be selling them from the shop.

Ringothedog
07-10-2022, 07:59 PM
How do you order a copy?

[email protected]
Or at his shop on Albion Road

SideBurns
08-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Anyone got their hands on one of these progs yet? Any guid?

Ringothedog
08-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Anyone got their hands on one of these progs yet? Any guid?

Saw a couple today and they look absolutely fine

BILLYHIBS
09-10-2022, 07:27 AM
https://i.ibb.co/mD26CtG/758-D0-E90-4-D39-4-D4-D-8497-B31611-BD060-E.png (https://ibb.co/Lkcnz68)

22 page glossy attempt for £2 made by the fans for the fans

Includes our Mission Statement

An update from Easter Road

Match Report on the Ross County game

Q and A with Brian Johnson Programme Shop Proprietor

Feature on the Motherwell squad

Feature on Hibs legend Lawrie Reilly

Interview with Nick Colgan

Feature on Leith Hibernian

Quiz Page

Player Stats and Fixtures

List of Squad Numbers ( handy for identifying the opposition)

Would definitely buy again

BILLYHIBS
09-10-2022, 10:15 AM
I wonder if this is the Programme that Iggy Pope was working on ?

Edit:

Concept and content from Eddie Henry

Design by Paul Windebank

Printed by Matchday Programmes

Issue 2 coming soon

All proceeds to Hibs related charities

Congratulations to everyone involved

https://twitter.com/matchdaypro/status/1578367228848013312?s=46&t=-D8oFE6pTLbXB0Zuyo30fQ

SteveHFC
09-10-2022, 11:52 AM
Anyone else still waiting on for a email back to order?

EHZERO7
10-10-2022, 08:29 AM
Anyone else still waiting on for a email back to order?

Hi Steve. Did you get sorted?
I mentioned to Brian and he says he has problems wi gmail accounts. So maybe that’s why not heard back if you have gmail.
Did you try through [email protected]
Hopefully get sorted
Cheers
Eddie

Hibbyradge
10-10-2022, 08:33 AM
I wonder if this is the Programme that Iggy Pope was working on ?

Edit:

Concept and content from Eddie Henry

Design by Paul Windebank

Printed by Matchday Programmes

Issue 2 coming soon

All proceeds to Hibs related charities

Congratulations to everyone involved

https://twitter.com/matchdaypro/status/1578367228848013312?s=46&t=-D8oFE6pTLbXB0Zuyo30fQ

Yes, it is.

BILLYHIBS
10-10-2022, 08:34 AM
Yes, it is.

Cool

Well done Iggy

:thumbsup:

HH81
11-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Was the program any good? Need to get myself one. Is there a website to order it on or just an email?

Hibbyradge
11-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Was the program any good? Need to get myself one. Is there a website to order it on or just an email?

I don't think there are any left. I missed out too.

HH81
11-10-2022, 12:30 PM
I don't think there are any left. I missed out too.

Oh well, cheers.

BILLYHIBS
11-10-2022, 12:40 PM
Sold out at 2.30 pm on Saturday

They are hoping to get some more but won’t know until the end of the week

BILLYHIBS
21-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Only a few left guys

Be quick